Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
"Once more a remnant of the kingdom of Judah
will take root below and bear fruit above.
For out of Jerusalem will come a remnant,
and out of Mount Zion a band of survivors.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this." (Isaiah 37:31,32)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at CHPP1994@gmail.com requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
"Standing United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
Supreme Court Victory for Colorado Baker!
Supreme Court sides with Colorado baker who refused to make wedding cake for same-sex couple
The Supreme Court ruled Monday in favor of a Colorado baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple, in one of the most closely watched cases of the term.
In a 7-2 decision, the justices set aside a Colorado court ruling against the baker -- while stopping short of deciding the broader issue of whether a business can refuse to serve gay and lesbian people. The opinion was penned by Justice Anthony Kennedy, who is often the swing justice in tight cases.
The narrow ruling here focused on what the court described as anti-religious bias on the Colorado Civil Rights Commission when it ruled against baker Jack Phillips.
"The Commission's hostility was inconsistent with the First Amendment's guarantee that our laws be applied in a manner that is neutral toward religion," Kennedy wrote in his majority opinion. (Fox News) Read more.
- Lord, we thank you for this decision that at least tells governments that their hostility toward Christianity is not warranted under the Constitution. We bind the state from further harassment and pray that Colorado will now leave these bakers alone to practice their faith in the way they see fit.
- "For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him."
> > > To read more about this decision, please note articles listed below.
1. SCOTUS sides with Colorado baker on same-sex wedding cake - One News Now
2. Victory for Colorado Cake Case! - Liberty Counsel
3. NRB Praises Supreme Court's Affirmation of Religious Liberty in Masterpiece Cakeshop Case - National Religious Broadcasters
4. At SCOTUS, a Make or Bake Moment - FRC
5. A Big Win - Gary Bauer
6. Colorado Christian Baker Wins Big Victory for His Rights at US Supreme Court - Breaking Christian News/CBN
7. Justice Thomas: America Now in Conflict Between Religious Liberty and Court's Decree on Gay Marriage - CNSNews.com
In his dissenting opinion in Obergefell v. Hodges, Justice Clarence Thomas predicted that the court's declaration that same-sex marriage is a right would ultimately lead to conflict between that purported right and religious liberty.
In his concurring opinion today in Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, Thomas concludes: "This case proves that the conflict has already emerged."
In Obergefell, decided by a 5-4 vote in 2015, the Supreme Court declared that the 14th Amendment creates a right for people of the same sex to marry one another.
"The Court's decision today is at odds not only with the Constitution, but with the principles upon which our Nation was built," Thomas wrote in his dissent in Obergefell. "Since well before 1787, liberty has been understood as freedom from government action, not entitlement to government benefits. The Framers created our Constitution to preserve that understanding of liberty. (Read more)
8. Childlike faith for the Supreme Court - Jason Hershey
"And a little child shall lead them . . ." (Isaiah 11:6)
Go here to read this delightful, first-hand account of how the children "took the Court for Christ" this past weekend! Praise You, Lord!
Focus on Israel
1. Report: Trump Wants PA Arabs to Come to Ambassador Friedman for Visas- Jewish Press
President Trump is planning to downgrade the US Consulate General in eastern Jerusalem, which serves mainly Arabs, in favor of the main embassy under the rule of US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman, AP reported Friday.
The US diplomatic presence in Jerusalem, first established in 1844, was designated a Consulate General in 1928 and serves "Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip as an independent mission, with the Consul General serving as chief of mission," according to the consulate's website, which stresses that "throughout its history, staff of the Consulate General has included Muslims, Jews, and Christians, demonstrating that people of different faiths and nationalities can work together in peace in this region." Naturally, that brotherly love thing did not exist from 1949 to 1967, when Jews were barred from entering Jordan-occupied eastern Jerusalem, including the Old City and its holy sites for Jews.
The move, potentially forcing PA and Gaza Arabs to seek consular services in the US embassy in the western part of the city, the "Jewish part," could "further dampen Palestinian hopes for an independent state," according to five unidentified US officials, who suggested that while the change "might be technical and bureaucratic, it could have potentially significant policy implications." The officials warned downgrading the "Arab" consulate could have "potent symbolic resonance," implying an American recognition of Israel's ownership of eastern Jerusalem and the "West Bank." " (Read more)
- Lord, thank You for this change, and we pray that You will rule over all decisions made.
- "Like a cloak You will change them and they will be changed." (Psalm 102:26b)
2. Russia Gives Israel 'Green Light' to Strike Iranian Positions in Syria, Saudi News Outlet Reports - Algemeiner
Russia has offered Israel a "green light" to carry out military operations against Iranian forces in Syria so long as troops loyal to Moscow's ally, the Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad, are not targeted, a leading Saudi newspaper reported on Friday.
Talks between top Israeli and Russian officials had "produced agreements concerning the South of Syria, stipulating the withdrawal of Iranian-linked forces from the area and offering Israel a green light to launch military operations against any threatening target, except regime forces positions," Asharq Al-Awsat said.
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu met with his Israeli counterpart, Avigdor Lieberman, in Moscow on Thursday to discuss Iran's presence in Syria. Lieberman was reported to have said that "Israel greatly appreciates Russia's understanding of our security needs, especially regarding the situation on our northern border."
3. PM: Israel does more for Gaza than any other nation - Israel National News
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu stated that Israel does more to prevent a humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip than any other country in the world.
In a briefing to reporters after his meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Netanyahu said that "we are examining various possibilities to prevent a humanitarian collapse there, and at the moment the State of Israel is doing the most to prevent a humanitarian collapse."
"I explained to Merkel how this crisis was created, all due to the cuts in salaries paid by Abu Mazen (Mahmoud Abbas) and Hamas' investment in the tunnels, which Hamas built under the Gaza Strip, are like six giant towers, a huge investment that is being lost because we are thwarting it. I noticed that the chancellor reinforced our position on their use of children [in their war on Israel]," Netanyahu added.
4. Israel shares key files from Iran nuclear archives with EU allies - Israel Hayom
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is slated to travel to Europe this week in a bid to rally support from key allies for amending the international nuclear deal with Iran and for pushing Iranian forces out of Syria.
Netanyahu is set to meet with German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday, followed by meeting with the leaders of France and the U.K. According to British daily The Times, ahead of his visit to Berlin, Paris;and London, Netanyahu shared with Israel's allies some of the top-secret files obtained by the Mossad Israel's intelligence agency, proving the military nature of Iran's nuclear program.
According to the report, among the trove of files making up the Iranian nuclear archive was a memorandum, dated to 2001, in which the Iranian Defense Ministry authorized the country's intention of building a nuclear weapon.
5. US recognition of Golan as Israeli is best response to Iran, minister says- Israel Hayom
A source in the Israeli political system has confirmed that representatives for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) met with an Israeli Embassy representative in Washington last week to discuss a six-point plan to bring the United States closer to recognizing the Golan Heights as Israeli territory.
Intelligence Minister Yisrael Katz, who has worked for years to advance recognition of Israel's control of the Golan Heights, said such recognition would be the best strategic response to Iran.
Yesh Atid party leader Yair Lapid, who will address a conference to promote international recognition of Israel's hold on the Golan Heights in the Knesset on Wednesday, welcomed the move, but emphasized that Israel should ensure that "the Democratic Party is also on board" and that the U.S. recognition is bipartisan. "At the same time, the coalition and opposition in Israel must join forces" for the move to succeed, he said.
Former Cabinet Secretary and current Coalition for the Israeli Golan head Zvi Hauser called on the Israeli government to take steps on the ground that would make the Golan Heights "a territory that is no longer subject to negotiation."
The Daily Brief
1. Trump: 'I Have the Absolute Right to Pardon Myself' - CNSNews.com
Picking up where his attorney Rudy Giuliani left off, President Trump tweeted on Monday:
"As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms!"
In another tweet on Monday morning, Trump wrote: "The appointment of the Special Counsel is totally UNCONSTITUTIONAL! Despite that, we play the game because I, unlike the Democrats, have done nothing wrong!" (Read more)
- Father God, as Mark Levin quoted the Constitution today, we see that any president surely does have this legal right to protect himself, if and as needed. We thank You, too, for the knowledge that this President has done nothing wrong. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- "Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king." (1 Peter 2:17)
2. Trump to host Ramadan 'iftar' dinner at White House on Wednesday - The Blaze
President Donald Trump will host an iftar dinner at the White House on Wednesday in honor of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, Politico reported.
The announcement marks a departure from last year, when Trump decided to not host the yearly tradition. A White House official declined to make public the list of attendees for the dinner, according to published reports. In the past, attendees have included prominent members of the Muslim community, Congress members and Muslim diplomats from other countries.
Muslims fast from dawn to sunset during the month of Ramadan. They break the fast with an evening meal, which is called iftar. The Muslim fast is done in recognition of the first revelation of the Quran to the Islamic prophet Muhammad, according to their beliefs. (Read more)
- Father, as Queen Esther hosted a dinner to show the evil of Haman, we call our Lord into the center of this dinner, and ask that Your Holy Spirit descend in power on the gathering. We pray against any deceptions or blindness on the part of our President, and cover this event with Your Blood and Your truth.
- "Truth shall spring out of the earth, and righteousness shall look down from heaven." (Psalm 85:11)
3. Doug Schoen: The Democrats are at war -- with each other. And it could spell disaster in November - Fox News
Eight states - Alabama, California, Iowa, Mississippi, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico and South Dakota - will hold primaries Tuesday to pick candidates to run in the midterm general elections Nov. 6. But before turning our attention to those races, it's useful to look back at primary results in May and see how they reveal a Democratic party in a deep state of division.
Voters in Democratic primaries are split between staunchly progressive and more moderate factions. In the struggle for leadership of the party, supporters of each faction are potentially fatally weakening the Democrats for November contests, and potentially for the 2020 elections as well. That could pave the way for President Trump to be re-elected.
There has been a dramatic change in the generic polling for Congress. Republicans now lead Democrats by 1 point, according to Reuters. Moreover, there has been a dramatic improvement in President Trump's approval rating, with the Real Clear Average now up to 44 percent. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask for only Godly men and women who love You to be placed in the November elections.
- "For the arms of the wicked shall be broken, but the Lord upholds the righteous." (Psalm 37:17)
4. Pedophile Who Threatened to Kill President Now Running for Congress Thanks to Terry McAuliffe - Daily Caller
An admitted pedophile who served 16 months in federal prison for threatening to assassinate the president of the United States is now running for Congress thanks to former Democratic Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe. Nathan Larson is an independent candidate in Virginia who admitted to HuffPostthat he's a pedophile who bragged in blog posts about raping his ex-wife and fantasized online about having sex with young children. Larson is also a convicted felon who wouldn't be eligible to run for office in Virginia had McAuliffe not restored Larson's rights to vote and run for office in 2016.
Larson was sentenced to 16 months in prison in October 2009 for threatening to kill the president. "I am writing to inform you that in the near future, I will kill the President of the United States of America," Larson wrote in a Sept. 2008 email to the Secret Service. He then "laid out the reasons why he intended to kill the president and how he intended to carry out the assassination," the Denver Post reported at the time of his conviction. The threat came at the end of former President George W. Bush's second term. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that You will stop this candidate from winning, and send Your Spirit to 'arrest' him for Your Kingdom.
- "Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good; and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight, for your iniquities and your abominations." (Ezekiel 36:31)
5. California Bans Travel to 9th State, This Time Over Adoption Law Protecting Faith-Based Agencies - Christian Post
California's attorney general announced Friday that he's imposing a ban on state-funded travel to Oklahoma in response to a new law that allows faith-based adoption agencies to deny placement services to same-sex parents. Eight other states have earlier been brought under California's so-called anti-discrimination travel ban.
"California will not use state resources to support states that pass discriminatory laws," Attorney General Xavier Becerra said Friday, according to the Los Angeles Times. "California taxpayers are taking a stand against bigotry and in support of those who would be harmed by this prejudiced policy."
The ban will take effect on June 22. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask for a massive change in the leadership of California, so that Your people across the nation will be free to exercise their faith. Let the wicked be removed from office there.
- "Let his days be few, and let another take his office." (Psalm 109:8)
6. Violence breaks out as Antifa, Patriot Prayer clash at dueling rallies - Fox News
Antifa activists stormed a Portland, Ore., rally by the right-wing group Patriot Prayer Sunday, sparking a violent confrontation that saw punches thrown and bottles hurled and ended only when police in riot gear moved in.
The pro-President Trump group, led by Joey Gibson, organized a rally - "Tiny's Freedom March," to honor a member. But the event drew a counter-protest from Patriot Prayer's nemesis, Antifa, whose members arrived wearing their trademark black.
The two groups clashed a year ago in the same area, spurring violence and clashes with police that resulted in 14 arrests. This time, the Rose City Antifa scheduled a counter-protest for 4 p.m. "to show Patriot Prayer, just as we showed them last year, that their violence and hatred has no place in Portland."
"Officers have observed participants at today's events at Terry Schrunk Plaza and Chapman and Lownsdale Square participate in assaultive behavior," Portland police tweeted within minutes of the Antifa rally's start. (Read more)
- Father, Antifa has consistently attacked this 'Patriot Prayer' group in spite of their attempts at peaceful protests, which is causing anger even on the patriot side. We bind the evil one from these protests, and speak peace.
- "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven." (Matthew 16:18b
7. Gay Christian Conference Accused of Pushing LGBT Agenda on Churches - Christian Post
An LGBT Christian conference scheduled to be held this summer has been accused by some of pushing an LGBT agenda on conservative evangelical churches. Known as the Revoice Conference, the multiday event is scheduled for July 26-28 at Memorial Presbyterian Church in St. Louis, Missouri, with hundreds expected to attend.
The Conference's stated mission is to engage in "Supporting, encouraging, and empowering gay, lesbian, same-sex-attracted, and other LGBT Christians so they can flourish while observing the historic, Christian doctrine of marriage and sexuality."
Revoice has already garnered criticism from some for what is perceived to be an effort to advance an LGBT agenda in churches at the expense of sound Christian teaching. (Read more)
- Lord, let all who call themselves by Your Name adhere to Your Word, and the love of Your Son be manifest to set the captives free.
- "He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of prison to those who are bound." (Isaiah 61:1)
8. China warns US sanctions will void trade talks- BBC
China has warned that all trade talks between Beijing and Washington will be void if the US sets up trade sanctions. After talks between Vice Premier Liu He and US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, China said it was ready to boost imports from many countries.
Mr Ross's China visit comes days after Washington threatened to impose extra tariffs on $50bn of Chinese goods. Meanwhile, G7 nations have hit out at the US over its new steel and aluminium import tariffs. French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire warned a trade war could begin in "a few days".
On Saturday President Trump insisted on Twitter that the US had been "ripped off by other countries for years on trade". He says steel tariffs will protect US steelmakers, which he says are vital to national security. Mr Trump has also complained about barriers US firms face in Europe and elsewhere.
"Time to get smart!" he added. (Read more)
- Father, in the midst of the "trade war" we ask that all other countries will realize that fairness must be in place with all trade.
- "A false balance is an abomination to the Lord, but a just weight is His delight." (Proverbs 11:1)
9. N.Korea's Top Three Military Officials Replaced, U.S. Official Says - Newsmax
North Korea's top three military officials have been removed from their posts, a senior U.S. official told Reuters on Sunday, as U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un prepare to meet on June 12 in Singapore. The U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, was commenting on a report by South Korea's Yonhap news agency that all three of the North's top military officials were believed to have been replaced. "The North appears to have brought in new figures amid the changes in inter-Korean relations and the situation on the Korean Peninsula as the previous officials lacked flexibility in thinking," an intelligence source said, South Korean news agency Yonhap reported.
The changes could also be aimed at taming the military because members of the armed forces could object to a denuclearization deal that leader Kim could make in the summit talks with U.S. President Donald Trump set for June 12 in Singapore. Pyongyang's armed forces, known as the Korean People's Army, are immensely influential in the North, with its generals on one site of Kim and civilians on the other at almost every major ceremonial appearance. The replacements may also represent a generational change, another intelligence source said. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that Your Spirit will reign over this development, bringing moderation to the NK military, and the hope of peace in the region even more strongly.
- "All the horns of the wicked I will also cut off." (Psalm 75:10a)
10. Intel report: Iran seeks weapons of mass destruction technology in Germany - Jerusalem Post
"Iran continued to undertake efforts to obtain goods and know-how to be used for the development of weapons of mass destruction and to optimize corresponding missile delivery systems." The intelligence agency of the German state of Baden-Württemberg has revealed in an eye-popping report that Iran's regime sought during 2017 to obtain technology and scientific knowledge to produce weapons of mass destruction and advance its missile program.
"Iran continued to undertake, as did Pakistan and Syria, efforts to obtain goods and know-how to be used for the development of weapons of mass destruction and to optimize corresponding missile-delivery systems," said the intelligence document reviewed by The Jerusalem Post.
Since the Iran nuclear deal, formally known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), was reached between the world powers and the Islamic Republic in July 2015, Iran's regime attempted to covertly secure advanced technology for its nuclear and ballistic-missile programs, according to German intelligence reports examined by the Post.
The Post's review of additional intelligence reports released in April and May from the German states of Saxony-Anhalt, Bavaria and Lower Saxony detailed in similar terms, as the Baden-Württemberg intelligence report, Iran's illegal procurement conduct across Germany. (Read more)
- Father, we have known that Iran has been skirting the "deal," so we thank you for this report. We ask that Your Holy Spirit move mightily across Iran to change the hearts of their leaders or remove them from power.
- "The Lord is known by the judgment He executes; the wicked is snared by the work of his own hands." (Psalm 9:16)
More News in the Judiciary
More News in the Judiciary
1. Supreme Court throws out immigrant teen abortion ruling - Reuters
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday threw out a lower court ruling that let a pregnant illegal immigrant minor held in federal immigration custody to obtain an abortion last year at age 17 over the objections of President Donald Trump's administration.
The action by the justices provided a legal victory to Trump's administration even though the teenager already has had the abortion because it eliminated a precedent at the federal appeals court level that could have applied in similar circumstances in which detained minors sought abortions. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that You stop any and all tax-payer funded abortions, regardless of whether they carried out by illegal immigrants or not.
- "That innocent blood be not shed in your land, which the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance." (Deut. 19:10)
2. New York attorney general wants to prosecute people twice for same crime, violating Constitution - The Blaze
New York State Attorney General Barbara Underwood wants Americans pardoned by the president to face additional criminal prosecution in her state, a seeming endorsement to violate the Constitution's moratorium on "double jeopardy."
Underwood released a statement on Friday calling for New York lawmakers to close the state's "double jeopardy loophole." Her demand came after President Donald Trump pardoned Dinesh D'Souza.
Underwood urged lawmakers to pass a bill endorsed by disgraced former New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, which would allow New York State prosecutors to prosecute people under New York statutes for "parallel federal crimes" pardoned by the president. (Read more)
- Lord, we are appalled at the New York Attorney General's statement that is in direct conflict with the Constitution. Let her plan fall to the ground, and her place be taken by someone who understands the importance of law.
- "But when his heart was lifted up, and his spirit was hardened with pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him." (Daniel 5:20)
3. Supreme Court to tackle immigration, voting rights, unions: A look at major cases on justices' agenda - Fox News
It's almost decision time for the U.S. Supreme Court, which has a full plate of issues before it: immigration, religious freedom and voter rights. The justices already issued a ruling striking down a law that barred sports gambling in most states, a defeat for the federal government and professional and collegiate sports leagues. Read on for a look at some of the bigger cases justices are expected to decide or have already ruled on.
Note: this list includes today's ruling about the Colorado baker. Other issues in this article include:
- Religious freedom
- Union dues
- Voter eligibility
- Voter rights
- Sales tax
To read this detailed report, please go here.
- Father, as the Supreme Court justices are now writing their final opinions on these many cases, we ask that You guide each one with Your hand of wisdom. Let each one seek to do Your will, and not that of man, as these decisions are now rendered for the American people. We ask in Your name, amen.
- "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people- 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." (I Timothy 2:1-4)
The Daily Jot
Monday, June 4, 2018
White House Ramadan Dinner
According to The Religion of Peace website, Muslim jihadists killed 399 people since May 17, the beginning of the Islamic holy month Ramadan. During the last 30 days, the site reports there were 140 Islamic attacks in 28 countries resulting in 633 people being killed and another 753 injured. The Religion of Peace is a non-partisan, fact-based website which examines the ideological threat that Islam poses to human dignity and freedom and admits that it is unable to document all such attacks. The site states: "In the full context of the Quran, 'peace' means submission, and 'tolerance of other religions' means not killing those members who agree to live in a subjugated status to Islamic rule."
There are some 109 verses in the Quran that call for war or violence against nonbelievers in Islam. Muslims who do not follow these commands are warned that hell awaits them. Now many people, including some Christians, say that the Bible does the same thing. They are showing their ignorance. The instances in the Bible that call for violence are for a specific group for a specific time. In contrast, the Quran singles out Christians and Jews, in addition to others who do not submit to Islam, without restraint in perpetuity. Contextually speaking, the "peace" of Islam truly translates "submission," meaning people must accept humiliation, convert to Islam or are killed. Islam is the religion of submission not of peace.
Ramadan is a holy fast of Islam commemorating the first revelation of the Quran to Mohammad. It is celebrated by fasting during the day and "Iftar" dinners after sunset. Muslims are also supposed to refrain from sinful behavior, although killing infidels is not considered a sin in Islam, but rather honor. An example: Marking the beginning of Ramadan, Muslims in Gaza spurred on by the terrorist group Hamas, embarked on a "peaceful" March of Return to Israel to, in the words of Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar, "remove this transient border . . . our people can't give up one inch of the land of Palestine." Generally, Islamic countries are notorious for their human trafficking, drug trade and suppression of religious freedom. Every year, they rank among the most egregious violators in the State Department Country Reports on Human Rights Practices.
Last year, President Trump did not hold an Iftar dinner at the White House as did his past three predecessors, but this year he will. Presidents are put in a tough position because they want to encourage the vast majority of American Muslims who are peaceful. Islam's duality, however, of war against unbelievers and peace (meaning submission) should not be encouraged. Neither should Islam's acts that foment evil against much of mankind. Proverbs 1:15-16 says to stay away from those such sinners, "walk not in the way with them; refrain your foot from their path: For their feet run to evil, and make hast to shed blood." White House Iftar dinners were a bad idea when Bill Clinton started them, and they are still a bad idea.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Update: Kilauea Volcano
Three stranded in Kilauea lava zone are airlifted;
cops cite 7 others for loitering near lava
Two men and one woman were airlifted to safety on Sunday after they were stranded in an isolated lava zone, Hawaii County Fire authorities said. No one was injured. Sunday marks one month after Kilauea's recent eruptions started.
Separately, The Hawaii County Fire Department said lava from Fissure 8 crept across Highway 137 and entered Kai Wai a Pele, or Green Lake, within the Kapoho Crater. The mix produced a large steam plume that quickly evaporated all of the water in the lake. "By 1:30 p.m., the steam plume had ceased and by 3 p.m., a Hawaii County Fire Department overflight reported that lava had filled the lake and apparently evaporated all the water," USGS said. (Fox News) Read more.
- Father we pray for those in Hawaii who are faced with this continual eruption and ask You to continue to protect them and rescue them.
- "Behold the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul from death." (Psalm 33:18,19a)
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at CHPP1994@gmail.com requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]
Pray for America!
Now you can join the Salt & Light Council, praying for our nation six days each week on a conference line!
Repentance and Restoration Prayer Line
For many years now, the Salt & Light Council has sponsored this outstanding half-hour of prayer, six days per week, with additional time available for Bible reading and fellowship.
We are delighted to make this "hidden treasure" available to all of you who make up our CHPP family.
You can also view their daily prayer calendar by going here.
The following press release was issued by the Salt and Light Council. Praise the Lord!
This is a 30 minute national conference prayer call offered Monday through Saturday. We pray daily for our President, Cabinet, Supreme Court, one or two state legislatures, preambles, plus a moral topic and Israel. All are welcome to participate in prayer for our nation. Fellowship and Bible reading is optional for those who would like to remain on the line. The call is hosted by The Salt & Light Council.
605-468-8015 / Access Code 338083#
Monday - Saturday
8:30 am PT 9:30 am MT
10:30 am CT 11:30 am ET