Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA firstname.lastname@example.org
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
"Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together." (Psalm 34:3)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
"Standing United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
|Netanyahu Visits Washington|
Netanyahu: I will discuss Iran's aggression with Trump
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu evening left for Washington, where he will address the AIPAC policy conference and meet with President Donald Trump. " I am leaving on an important visit to the U.S. where I will meet with President Donald Trump and address the annual AIPAC Policy Conference," he said before taking off. "In the conversation with the President I will thank him on behalf of the Israeli people for moving the American embassy to Jerusalem, in honor of the State of Israel's 70th Independence Day," continued Netanyahu.
"First and foremost, I with discuss Iran with the President ahead of the decision on the nuclear program. We will discuss Iranian aggression in our region in general and regarding the Iranian nuclear program in particular. I will also discuss with the President about advancing the peace process."
"Advancing these issues is important for Israel and for the security of the entire world," the prime minister said.
A special moment took place before the prime minister's flight took off, when Netanyahu presented his wife, Sarah, with a bouquet of flowers in honor of their 27th wedding anniversary. (Israel National News)
- Father God, we thank You that You will be present with P.M. Netanyahu when he visits with President Trump in the Oval Office. We thank You for the unity that exists now between our two nations, and we ask that You grant Your wisdom as these two leaders address critical issues of national security for the nation of Israel. In Your Name, amen.
- "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence . . ." (1 Timothy 2:1,2)
"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem . . ." (Psalm 122:6)
|Focus on Israel|
1. Netanyahu, haredi MKs weigh proposal to end coalition crisis - Israel National News
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and haredi faction leaders are weighing a possible compromise aimed at ending the ongoing coalition crisis, even as haredi MKs warn that they may throw their support behind Labor if their demand are not met, Channel 2 reported night. According to the proposed compromise now being considered by the two sides, the new draft law pushed by haredi MKs would be submitted to and approved by the Ministerial Committee on Legislation, thereby requiring coalition partners to back the bill and all but guaranteeing its passage in the Knesset. Afterwards, the budget would be brought to a vote and passed with haredi support, and only afterwards the draft bill would brought before the Knesset plenum.
In the midst of efforts to end the crisis, officials from the United Torah Judaism party warned that the haredi factions would be willing to back a left-wing coalition if their demands were not met. "We'll go with whoever will give us the most in the matters that concern us the most - and that means the draft issue."
The coalition crisis began last week, when haredi lawmakers warned the Prime Minister that they would refrain from voting for the state budget, potentially denying the government a majority on the critical vote, if legislation securing army deferments for yeshiva students is not passed. Failure to pass the spending plan could lead to the dissolution of the Likud-led government and new elections.
2. AIPAC CEO endorses Palestinian statehood - Israel National News
The American Israel Public Affairs Committee's chief executive officer expressed strong support for the establishment of a Palestinian state during his address to the organization's 2018 conference in Washington DC night, warning that the Jewish state will never live securely "until she is at peace with all her neighbors".
Despite a clear shift in both Israeli and US policy on the issue, AIPAC CEO Howard Kohr urged both sides to return to the negotiating table and secure an agreement paving the way for the establishment of a Palestinian state.
"We must all work toward that future: two states for two peoples," said Kohr. "One Jewish with secure and defensible borders, and one Palestinian with its own flag and its own future. Today that dream seems remote. This is tragic."
Kohr lamented the present diplomatic impasse, warning that the failure to achieve a two-state solution leaves Israel vulnerable.
"The absence of a constructive peace process is nothing to celebrate. Israel's security cannot be fully assured and her promise cannot be fully realized until she is at peace with all her neighbors."
3. WATCH: European Rabbi Confronts BDS Leader: 'What is Your Real Agenda?' - United with Israel
In an address to the European Parliament, Israeli-born Rabbi Menachem Margolin, chairman of the European Jewish Association, declared that boycotting Israeli companies causes Palestinians to lose jobs, resulting in further economic hardship rather than helping them.
Margolin sited numerous attacks on Jews across Europe, demanding to know the "real" agenda of the anti-Israel, or simply anti-Semitic, movement.
Watch now. You'll be amazed at this Jewish leader's bold statements, telling it like it is!
4. Guatemala to move its embassy to Jerusalem on - Israel National News
Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales confirmed night that his country will move its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem on , two days after the United States moves its embassy to the Israeli capital. His announcement came at a speech at the AIPAC Policy Conference in Washington.
"On of last year, Guatemala was the first country to join the United States and announce that we will be returning our embassy to Jerusalem. I would like to thank President Donald Trump for leading the way," said Morales. "I decided to return the Guatemalan embassy to Jerusalem. As a sovereign decision, we recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel," he added.
5. With UN exhibit, Israel sends message that '3,000 years of history cannot be denied' - Israel Hayom
As part of his five-day visit to the United States, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will stop at the U.N. Headquarters in New York , to check out a special exhibit aimed at providing archaeological proof of the continuous Jewish history in Jerusalem. The exhibit, a joint effort by the Jerusalem Affairs and Heritage Ministry and the Israeli Mission to the U.N., follows a series of resolutions passed by the U.N. denying Jewish ties to the city.
Ambassadors, diplomats and senior U.N. officials have all been invited to view the exhibit, which presents authentic archaeological findings discovered in Israel alongside replicas of other findings that serve to illustrate the connection between the Jewish people and Israel's capital. Among the archaeological findings on display are a 2,700-year-old seal impression inscribed in ancient Hebrew, which was discovered in January, and an inscription from the seal of biblical King Hezekiah who ruled from 727-698 BCE and helped build Jerusalem into an ancient metropolis.
|The Daily Brief|
1. Trump Unfazed By EU Tariff Threat - Bring On The Trade War! - Daily Caller
President Donald Trump vowed to increase tariffs on European Union imported cars if they retaliate in response to his announcement of a 25 percent tariff on steel and a 10 percent tariff on aluminum. "They make it impossible for our cars (and more) to sell there," Trump tweeted from Florida. "Big trade imbalance!"
Trump's tweet is in direct response to the EU's announcement that it would put a tariff on Harley Davidson motorcycles, bourbon whisky and blue jeans. The president is unfazed by criticism that he is launching the U.S. into a trade war saying that sometimes trade wars are a good thing. Trump vowed several times during the 2016 presidential campaign that he would impose tariffs and reciprocal taxes on other nations believing that the U.S. trade imbalance puts American workers at risk. (Read more)
- O righteous Father, we pray that the unfair imbalance of tariffs between America and other nations will be enacted upon by President Trump. Break the stronghold other nations and the EU have put on American products overseas to be unmarketable. Lord, guide our President to impose tariffs and reciprocal taxes on these nations with expedience, being fair to all parties involved. Please equip President Trump to stand solidly in Your leadership over his life and his decisions. In the Name of Jesus we pray and trust.
- "And I will strengthen them in the Lord; and they shall walk up and down in His Name, says the Lord." (Zechariah )
2. White House Sends Congress Framework for Prison Reform - FreeBeacon
The White House announced that it had sent Congress a framework for overhauling prison and criminal reentry in America, following up on a promise first issued by President Donald Trump in his State of the Union address late last month. While stressing the importance of reducing crime and enhancing public safety, the White House's framework is focused within those constraints on cutting recidivism and promoting better reentry. It called on Congress to reevaluate current reentry programs, implement evidence-based reentry programs, enhance risk assessment tools, expand access to prison work, and consider public-private partnerships in incarceration.
Prison reform has been a focus of the White House since last December, when Trump held a roundtable, which included pro-reform voices and two state governors, to discuss reentry and reducing recidivism. It then earned a mention in the State of the Union, with Trump promising to "embark on reforming our prisons, to help former inmates who have served their time get a second chance at life." Although lacking a sentencing reform component, the White House's framework nonetheless met with the approval of advocates of overhauling the criminal justice system. David Barnes, policy director of pro-reform advocacy organization Generation Opportunity, emphasized that the administration's approach was, in his opinion, the right way forward on reform.
- O righteous Father, we ask that You be with those who will be taking on the task of overhauling the criminal justice system and reforming our prisons so that former inmates who have served their time will have a second chance at life. Stand with Generation Opportunity to have great favor from those who will implement this work. We pray in the Name of Jesus and for Your glory, Amen!
- "With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding. With him is wisdom and strength, he has counsel and understanding." (Job 12:12-13)
3. Shooting outside White House: Secret Service - Washington Times
A man appears to have shot himself outside of the White House, according to the Secret Service. "Secret Service personnel are responding to reports of a person who allegedly suffered a self-inflicted gun shot wound along the north fence line of @WhiteHouse," the agency tweeted at local time .
Police have blocked off the area to pedestrian and vehicular traffic, and medical personnel are responding to the unidentified victim, the Secret Service said. President Trump was not at the White House at the time of the incident. He is currently in Florida. "We're aware of the incident. The president has been briefed," said White House Deputy Press Secretary Hogan Gidley. Read more
- O righteous Father, drop from heaven a ring of fire around the White House and a perimeter of one mile around it from any evil activity that could invade the security and safety of the President and the leaders of our nation. Lord, we pray no more lives be wasted, even dying, by the merciless hands of evil. In the Name of Jesus we ask this, amen.
- "I say unto you that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repents, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance." (Luke 15:7)
4. Friends, Family of Taylor Force Lobby Senators for Passage of Law in His Name - FreeBeacon
Family and friends of Taylor Force, a West Point graduate killed by a Palestinian terrorist in 2016, lobbied a group of bipartisan senators this week to pass the Taylor Force Act, which would end U.S. aid to the Palestinian Authority until it stops rewarding terrorists. Force was killed in Tel Aviv, Israel, after walking with friends from college. A terrorist attacked the group with a knife and stabbed Force to death. His sister, Kristen Force, collapsed on a sidewalk in shock upon learning of her brother's death. Learning about the financial incentives for such attacks compounded her grief and motivated the family.
The bill's sponsor, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.), called his meeting with the Force family "very powerful." "I'm more dedicated than ever to make sure that the Taylor Force Act is signed into law by President Trump," Graham said. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) said the bill is "long overdue."
- O righteous Father, we pray that Your hand will push through the approval of the Taylor Force Act that will cease U.S. aid going to the Palestinian Authority indefinitely. Bless Senators Graham and Schumer for standing in the perfect will of the Lord in this effort. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "For so has the Lord commanded us, saying,I have set you to be a light of the Gentiles, that you should for salvation unto the ends of the earth." (Acts )
5. Bladensburg Cross Memorial Won't Be Saved, Fourth Circuit Says in 'Dangerous' Decision - Christian Post
The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals has rejected an appeal to save a 40-foot cross placed at an intersection in Maryland from being removed or destroyed. In October, a three-judge panel of the Fourth Circuit ruled in favor of an atheist group's lawsuit demanding that the Bladensburg Cross be removed from an intersection in Maryland. In a decision released Circuit voted 8-6 to reject a full court rehearing request on the part of the Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission.
Writing a concurring opinion with the majority, Judge James Wynn rejected the petitioner's argument that the cross held a mostly secular meaning, as it was part of a war memorial. In one of the dissenting opinions, Judge Paul Niemeyer warned that letting the panel decision stand "needlessly puts at risk hundreds of monuments with similar symbols standing on public grounds across the country, such as those in nearby Arlington National Cemetery.
"Because this ruling has such far-reaching and unnecessary consequences, it should be reheard by our court en banc, and I dissent from the vote not to do so," wrote Niemeyer. "The panel, in a 2-1 decision, will now have the monument removed or destroyed because, as it concludes, its presence on public land amounts to a violation of the Establishment Clause, although no Supreme Court case has ever held that the Establishment Clause prohibits such monuments."
- O righteous Father, we plead the Blood of Jesus Christ upon the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, the individuals on the three-judge panel, those who blocked a full court rehearing request and all others who voted to have the Bladensburg Cross removed. May they have a direct encounter with Jesus, the One who was nailed to a similar Cross and took all their sins and forgave them because He Loves them. We pray for Your intervention to miraculously block this ruling, and save this cross. God, block the path of those who will volunteer to remove this cross. In the Name of Jesus we pray and believe.
- "Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man Jesus is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by Him all that believe are justified from all things, from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses."
6. YouTube Secretly Using SPLC To Police Videos - Daily Caller
The Southern Poverty Law Center is assisting YouTube in policing content on their platform, The Daily Caller has learned. The left-wing nonprofit - which has more recently come under fire for labeling legitimate conservative organizations as "hate groups" - is one of the more than 100 nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and government agencies in YouTube's "Trusted Flaggers" program, a source with knowledge of the arrangement told TheDC. The SPLC and other program members help police YouTube for extremist content, ranging from so-called hate speech to terrorist recruiting videos.
The SPLC's close involvement in policing content on YouTube is likely to cause consternation among conservatives who worry that they may not be treated fairly. Bloomberg columnist Megan McArdle similarly noted last year that the SPLC commonly lumps in principled conservatives alongside actual racists and extremists and warned of the possibility that tech companies could rely on the SPLC's misleading definitions.
- Father in heaven, we ask that You will disconnect the power and influence coming from the Southern Poverty Law Center when it comes against the messages of principled conservatives. Protect those who convey Biblical truth on YouTube and support who godly influence in their programs. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth."(Psalm 57:5)
7. Washington State to 'Monetize Wombs,' Legalize 'Baby Selling,' Redefine 'Parent' - Christian Post
Washington state is set to legalize commercial surrogacy, a move children's rights advocates say amounts to the selling of babies, bases the definition of a parent on "intent," and opens avenues for child abuse and other horrors. Just before morning, the Washington state House of Representatives passed the "Uniform Parentage Act," along party lines with every Democrat in favor and every Republican opposed. The bill had previously passed the state Senate with total Democratic support and three Republicans. The state's Democratic governor, Jay Inslee, is expected to sign the legislation.
"For House Republicans, this bill was a matter of conscience,'' said Liz Pike, who represents the state's 18th house district, according to Clark County Today. "We all voted 'no' to protect the womb from being monetized and commercialized. This bill sets virtually no limits on the amount people will be able to sell or purchase a human baby for. I'm disgusted that such a bill would ever be considered let alone pass. What have we become as a state, selling human babies to the highest bidder? Is this who we are?" Katy Faust, who leads children's rights organization Them Before Us and testified against the legislation during the hearings, regards the likely soon-to-be law as disastrous. "When I say that we have established a global marketplace for children, I am not exaggerating. That is exactly what this is," Faust told The Christian Post afternoon. "Once you legalize something and commercialize something, you're going to get more of it," she said, noting that the Washington legislation contains no restrictions and more economically disadvantaged and vulnerable women who think this is just another way to make money will be exploited.
- Almighty God, we bring this heartbreaking development to You. We ask that You, in Your mercy, intervene in this world of wickedness and block the implementation of this legislation. Lord God, these women are not "baby factories," designed to produce a "product for sale." Rather, Lord God, when You were with us, You esteemed women and set them in their proper place in Your Kingdom . . . each one to be honored in turn.
Holy God, deal with the souls of all those involved with supporting the Uniform Parentage Act in the State of Washington. God, by Your almighty power, protect the wombs of women being monetized and commercialized to bring babies into the world for sale. We pray the resulting major abuse to babies and children be blocked by the Blood of Jesus. In His great and mighty Name do we pray, amen.
- "Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron." (I Timothy 4:2)
8. Trump Admin Cuts Planned Parenthood Funding, Will Shift Sex-Ed Funds to Abstinence Programs - LifeSiteNews
The Trump administration rolled out its new sex education priorities this week with an emphasis on abstinence and other sexual risk avoidance strategies.
The Title X grant application, released , prioritizes the types of programs that the abortion chain Planned Parenthood and other abortion groups do not offer. Planned Parenthood has been criticized repeatedly for promoting risky sexual behavior to students and young adults.
Politico reports the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will offer $260 million in Title X grants to qualified health care providers. (Read more)
- Father God, we are reading this report with tears of joy. To think that our tax money is finally being used to help our youth learn how to lead godly lifestyles, instead of falling into sin, is a miracle . . . and a long-awaited answer to prayer. Father God, bless our President, and all who are overseeing this transition, in the Name of Jesus, amen.
- "The Lord bless you and keep you . . ." (Numbers )
9. Is Country Music Going the Way of the NFL? - FRC
Through all of the cultural ups and downs, country music has always been a place conservatives felt welcome. While so many other celebrities started picking up activist causes and shaming fans who held Christian beliefs, American could always count on Nashville to stay true to their values (or at least tolerate them).
Yesterday, in a letter that rocked the country music scene, Governor Mike Huckabee announced that he was leaving his seat on the board of the Country Music Association (CMA) Foundation -- a position he'd occupied for less than 24 hours. Despite an impressive background in music and his record on education (the sole issue of the CMAF), Mike became the instant target of a vicious anti-faith attack. A small but vocal pocket of Nashville's music industry seized on his involvement with a vengeance, demanding that Huckabee go -- or their support of the foundation would. (Read more)
- Father, we were sitting in Nashville when this earthquake shocked the city. On this week, when our dear national pastor, Billy Graham, has joined You in heaven, we can no longer compromise our faith. A line has been drawn in the sand, and our yes must be "yes" -- for You. We ask Your strength to remain with Mike Huckabee, and for judgment to fall upon the leadership of the gospel music industry. In Your Name, amen.
- "For when the earth experiences Your judgments The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness." (Isaiah 26:9)
10. 'I'm Not Bluffing' Putin Tells the West, Announcing Advanced Nuclear Weaponry - CNS News
Ahead of his anticipated re-election this month, Russian President Vladimir Putin in an upbeat speech unveiled what he characterized as peerless nuclear weaponry, and warned would-be aggressors that Russia is ready to defend itself. "I'm not bluffing," he declared. Delivering his state of the union address to lawmakers, Putin said the weapons would render NATO missile defense systems "completely useless."
The highlights included:
--a nuclear-capable and nuclear-powered cruise missile with an "almost unlimited range, unpredictable trajectory, and ability to bypass" missile defenses.
--a heavy ICBM capable of reaching targets via both the North and South poles, achieving hypersonic speeds and, he said, "untroubled by even the most advanced missile defense systems."
--unmanned submersible vehicles able to move at speed, intercontinentally, carrying either conventional or nuclear warheads which could be used to engage aircraft, coastal fortifications and infrastructure.
Putin painted the weaponry development as a response to the U.S. decision to withdraw from the Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) treaty in 2002, and the development over the years since of missile defense shields on the U.S. mainland, and in Europe and northeast Asia. For years Russia had been warning Western countries and making no secret of its own weapons development plans in a bid to encourage the other parties to negotiate, he said in the speech, a copy of which was released by the Kremlin. 'Nobody really wanted to talk to us about the core of the problem, and nobody wanted to listen to us," he said. "So listen now."
Putin said his country's "growing military strength" is not a threat to anyone, and Russia has no plans to use its weaponry for offensive or aggressive purposes. On the contrary, that strength serves as a solid guarantee of global peace - preserving the strategic parity and balance of forces that been key elements of international security since World War II. Putin's response in speech was to declare that "any use of nuclear weapons against Russia or its allies - weapons of short, medium or any range at all - will be considered as a nuclear attack on this country. Retaliation will be immediate, with all the attendant consequences. There should be no doubt about this whatsoever," he added, before calling on nations to sit down and negotiate "a new and relevant system of international security and sustainable development for human civilization."
- O righteous Father, cast down and render powerless the lofty aspirations and declarations of the wicked intents of men for world rulership. Only the nations whose God is the Lord will rule with dominance and influence above the ungodly. Lord, by Your power hold off the fires that incite wars and rumors of wars until Biblical prophecy is to be fulfilled. In the Name of Jesus we declare this.
- "Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand."
11. CHANGE IS COMING: China Is Accelerating Its Plan For A Military Base In Pakistan - Daily Caller
On January 1, 2018, The Daily Caller published information - later confirmed in two separate reports, here and here - about a plan for a Chinese military base on the Jiwani peninsula in Pakistan, near Gwadar, a sea port critical to the success of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). According to noted national security correspondent Bill Gertz: "Plans for the base were advanced during a visit to Jiwani on by a group of 16 Chinese People's Liberation Army officers who met with about 10 Pakistani military officers. The Chinese also asked the Pakistanis to undertake a major upgrade of Jiwani airport so the facility will be able to handle large Chinese military aircraft. Work on the airport improvements is expected to begin in July."
Sources now say the plan has been accelerated. Upgrade of the Jiwani airport is already underway. In addition, procedures are being formulated for the relocation of the local population to make way for Chinese military and other support personnel. The sensitivity and importance of this issue to China and Pakistan cannot be overstated. After the disclosures and the expected denials from both Islamabad and Beijing, Pakistani officials, as early as January 5, 2018, launched a leak investigation and it was jointly decided to advance the schedule for the Jiwani base. Strategically, China's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) is their roadmap to geopolitical dominance. It is soft power with an underlying hard power, military component, the so-called "String of Pearls" bases and facilities.
- O righteous Father, we plead before our God that this geometric progression of China's roadmap to world dominance be blocked by the hand of the Lord. Lord, instill Your standard against their soft power approach with an underlying hard power, military component because it is an attempt to establish their String of Pearls around the world. O God, we pray you cut their string resulting in failure of all their planned pearls of takeover. We ask this in the Name of Jesus.
- "So shall they fear the Name of the Lord from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against Him." (Isaiah 59:19)
12. South Africa Votes To Seize White-Owned Land Without Compensation - Daily Caller
South Africa's parliament voted to move forward with an amendment to the country's constitution that would allow the government to seize and redistribute white-owned land without compensation. The motion was brought by the radical Marxist Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) party and was widely supported by the ruling African National Congress, which controls almost two-thirds of the parliament. The measure passed by a vote of 241 to 83, reports Reuters. EFF leader Julius Malema, a longtime proponent of land expropriation, said the "time for reconciliation is over. Now is the time for justice. We must ensure that we restore the dignity of our people without compensating the criminals who stole our land," Malema told parliament ahead of the vote, according to South Africa's News24.
The ANC has long promised land reforms aimed at evening the distribution of land among racial groups, still a highly contentious subject more than two decades after the end of apartheid. Whites own roughly three-quarters of South Africa's farmland, according to a 2017 government audit. It was not immediately clear when any change to South Africa's constitution to allow expropriation of land without compensation would take place. The matter will now be referred to the Constitutional Review Committee, which must report back to parliament with a plan by . Newly elected South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has backed land confiscation, saying after his inauguration earlier this month that he would work to hasten the transfer of land to black people. He also stressed that food production and security should be considered in any expropriation effort. Not all of South Africa's parties supported the motion to amend the constitution. The opposition Democratic Alliance (DA) opposed the measure, arguing that it would undermine property rights and deter foreign investment.
- Father God, we ask that You destroy the Marxist Economic Freedom Fighters party and the African National Congress by cutting off any and all demonic strength that is imparted to them through the works of the devil. Bind under the Blood of Jesus the act of expropriation of land from the whites without compensation. God, give Your honest favor to these landowners or move them out of Africa so as not to be robbed for all their livelihood. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "You know the commandments, Do not commit adultery. Do not kill. Do not steal. Do not bear false witness. Defraud not. Honor your father and mother." (Mark )
|The Daily Jot|
Friday, March 2, 2018
The no gun crisis
In the spirit of "never waste a good crisis," the radical left, which has become most of the Democratic Party leadership, has successfully instigated the perception of a dire need to ban guns. The school shooting in Florida is the latest reason. Unfortunately, Washington politicians on both sides of the political spectrum are falling victim to the mantra and are thinking of anti-gun legislation that bans certain sales of guns and stocks, among other things. The problem is that their efforts do nothing, absolutely nothing, to stop gun violence. It is window-dressing on one hand so they can say they did something. On the other, it's another sinister step toward undermining the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.
No matter what these knee-jerk lefties and disarmament conspirators say, the mentally ill and malevolent will do their dirty deeds with guns or without. The problem with school shootings and other mass shootings cannot be solved in this society by banning guns. There have been many suggestions including arming responsibly trained teachers, establishing secure parameters around schools with single points of entry, and heavier security at schools. But no amount of common sense can appeal to those set on banning guns. The end of gun ownership in America, to them, is the only way to solve the problem. To some, they are not thinking clearly about the consequences. Others embrace the consequences.
The Founding Fathers provided the 2nd Amendment because they had a healthy dislike for tyranny. They knew that an armed citizenry ultimately would keep a government in check. History may show that this is proven even as late as 2016, where political and government forces, under the cunning guidance of the ex "president" and the Clinton campaign, attempted to undermine a duly elected president, even to the point of overthrowing him before he officially took office. Think of how this could have come down if the military had been under the ex "president's" control and the citizenry was unarmed. Can we say North Korea, China, Russia, Iran-just to name a few?
We have no gun crisis. It's a "dumb" crisis. People are dumbed down into thinking they cannot defend themselves and that the only answer is banning guns. When only criminals can get guns this is what happens: Baltimore had 343 murders last year. In Chicago, despite police confiscating 600 guns a month, there are over 250 victims of shootings-a month! Chicago and Baltimore are good examples of bad ideas on banning guns. The right to protect and defend life is as old as the Bible. Exodus 22:2 says, "If a thief be found breaking in, and shall be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him." Proverbs 24:11 says, "Deliver those that are drawn toward death, hold back those that are stumbling to the slaughter." We have a responsibility to defend life. Ensuring evildoers are the only ones with the tools to take life is the true gun crisis.
Have a blessed and powerful day!
|Our Weekly Bible Study|
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, March 4 -
Featured teaching of the week:
~ Travailing for the Birth of Biblical Zion
To listen to this teaching, please go here.
Torah portion reading for the week of February 26th:
VaYakhel ~ He Gathered
Torah portion: Exodus 35:1-38:20
Haftorah portion (Prophets): 1 Kings 7: 40-50
Gospel/New Testament: Matthew 12:1-13
Hebraic Heritage Ministries Intnl
> > > Listen to http://hebrootsradio.com to learn about the Hebrew roots of the Christian faith!
|More Daily Features|
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS
"His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for ,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Please go here. Amen!
About the Author:
Words:Thomas O. Chisholm, 1923
Melody:William M. Runyan, 1923
About the Hymn:
According to Chisholm, there were no special circumstances which caused its writing-just his experience and Bible truth. The hymn first appeared in Songs of Salvation and Service, 1923, compiled by William Runyan. It is the unofficial "school hymn" of Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, Illinois, with which Runyan was associated for a number of years.
Signs and Wonders
Reports: Hurricane-force winds whip Northeast, leave over 2 million without power as bomb cyclone strengthens - Accuweather.com
A powerful bomb cyclone will continue to slam the northeastern United States into night with damaging winds, coastal flooding and heavy snow.
Winds have gusted past 60 mph across many areas from Virginia through Massachusetts, leading to thousands of flight cancellations and over 2 million power outages across the region.
Hurricane-force wind gusts will continue to whip coastal New England into night with gusts potentially topping 90 mph.
The strong onshore winds will lead to significant coastal flooding at high tide Read more.night with water levels approaching all-time record levels in Boston and Nantucket. (AccuWeather.com)
Severe winds leave more than 600,000 without power in DC area - WTOP News
Damaging winds with some gusts topping 70 mph toppled trees and power lines, leading to major power outages and travel delays across the D.C. area.
As of , more than 600,000 customers in the D.C. area were without power. The strong winds are complicating efforts to restore power, officials with local power companies say, and it may take a while to turn the lights back on.
The effects of those severe winds prompted both Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan to declare states of emergency.
(Read more) afternoon, Amtrak announced that all service along the Northeast Corridor was being suspended for , one of several major travel disruptions spurred by the severe winds.
Airlines cancel 3,400+ flights as nor'easter snarls travel - USA Today
Hundreds of flights were canceled (Read more) as a potent nor'easter disrupted air travel in the Northeast for a second consecutive day. Fliers faced disruptions at hubs like Boston, New York and Philadelphia.
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts )
The Good News Corner
Iowa Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortions on Babies with Beating Hearts: "Stopping a Beating Heart is Never Healthcare"
(Des Moines, IA)-[Lifesitenews.com] , the Iowa Senate passed landmark pro-life legislation known as the "Heartbeat Bill," which if put into law would outlaw aborting babies with detectable heartbeats.
Pre-born babies' hearts begin to form around 21 days into pregnancy, and are detected on ultrasounds just a few weeks later.
Iowa's Republican-controlled upper chamber approved the bill in a 30-20 vote along party lines.
The legislation which now awaits a vote by the state's lower chamber-also controlled by a Republican majority-would make it a felony for doctors to commit abortions after detecting a fetal heartbeat.
The only exception would be for pregnancies that threaten a mother's life.
Worship With Us Today!
Jeremy Camp - "I Still Believe"
To worship with us today, please go here . . .