Today's worship, is given in honor of the movie,
"I Can Only Imagine", that launched this
weekend with a $17.1 Million hit!Go here.
To see how this did at the box office, please read this article on Fox News.
Next up: "Paul, Apostle of Christ" on .
View this trailer here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
" . . . lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:20)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
"Standing United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
|Focus on the White House|
Focus on the White House
1. FBI's Andrew McCabe Fired Just Two Days Before Official Retirement - Daily Caller
Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe night, just two days before he was set to retire and receive his government pension. The Department of Justice's inspector general recommended firing McCabe earlier this week over allegations that he authorized the disclosure of sensitive information to a reporter. The OIG is set to release a report that also accuses McCabe of lacking candor about such disclosures during the DOJ's yearlong review of the Hillary Clinton investigation.
"After an extensive and fair investigation and according to Department of Justice procedure, the Department's Office of Inspector General provided its report on allegations of misconduct by Andrew McCabe to the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility," the DOJ said in its statement. "The FBI expects every employee to adhere to the highest standards of honesty, integrity and accountability." During an hour-long interview with CNN, McCabe denied the charges levied against him by the IG. "I absolutely never misled the inspector general in any way," McCabe said, attributing his firing to "a series of attacks designed to undermine my credibility and my reputation." The decision to fire McCabe was made just two days shy of his retirement. (Read more)
- Father God, regarding this issue, we pray that any valid charges against Mr. McCabe will be upheld and the high standard held by the FBI to require honesty, integrity and accountability be upheld by this hard and fast requirement. Lord, we pray that You will choose a godly man to replace Mr. McCabe who will establish the FBI as a highly acclaimed agency. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "As I live, says the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you." (Ezekiel )
2. Rand Paul denounces 'disgraceful' ex-CIA chief Brennan over anti-Trump tirade - Fox News
Kentucky GOP Sen. Rand Paul blasted former CIA Director John Brennan for suggesting that President Trump will be remembered as a "disgraced demagogue," saying that Brennan spying on Americans while running the agency was disgraceful. "This man had the power to search every American's records without a warrant," Paul tweeted . "What's disgraceful is attacking the Bill of Rights and the freedom of every American."
(Brennan said) "When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history," tweeted Brennan, who on his Twitter page declares himself non-partisan. "You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America . . . America will triumph over you." (Read more)
- Lord God, this type of mudslinging rhetoric has no place in our nation among those who are governing our people. We ask that a spirit of repentance be poured out upon John Brennan, to bring healing to our nation.
Father, we recall, too, that it was reported that, when John Brennan was serving as the head of the CIA under Barack Obama, he converted to Islam while he was in Saudi Arabia. Father, we ask that You melt his stony heart and set this captive free, in Your name, amen.
- "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." (Ezekiel 36:26)
3. Trump lawyer suggests it's time to fire Robert Mueller - Washington Examiner
After Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced he was firing McCabe, John Dowd, told the Daily Beast that he hopes Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who is overseeing Mueller's Russia inquiry, "will follow" the example set by Sessions. "I pray that Acting Attorney General Rosenstein will follow the brilliant and courageous example of the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility and Attorney General Jeff Sessions and bring an end to alleged Russia Collusion investigation manufactured by McCabe's boss James Comey based upon a fraudulent and corrupt Dossier," Dowd said in a text to the Daily Beast.
Trump has long called the Mueller probe a "witch hunt" and was reportedly come close to demanding his termination in the past. McCabe predicted earlier this month, in a Politico interview published late , that he would be a "significant witness" in Mueller's investigation, which is looking into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and reportedly also potential obstruction of justice. Just this week, it was revealed the Mueller's team is yet again expanding its investigation to include a look at whether foreign money played a role in financing Trump's political activities by subpoenaing the Trump Organization. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray that You will guide Attorney General Rosenstein to make the right decision regarding Mr. Mueller's participation in the alleged Russia Collusion investigation. Lord, we pray that all evil accusers will depart and righteousness will be established. We believe by faith that You will oversee this assignment for we pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "And this Word, Yet once more, signifies the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain." (Hebrews )
4. John McEntee, Trump's personal assistant, fired over gambling issues: Report - Washington Times
John McEntee, former personal assistant to President Trump, lost his job this week due to a "frequent" gambling habit, according to a Washington Post report out . Mr. McEntee was dismissed this week and reassigned to work for Mr. Trump's re-election campaign for unknown reasons. report indicates that he posed a security risk due to his gambling, and fears he could be subject to outside influences. He reportedly gambles thousands of dollars at a time. The gambling was not illegal, but it posed enough concern for him to be dismissed. Mr. McEntee served as a body man for Mr. Trump, joining the campaign in 2015 as a volunteer and following him into the White House after the election. He did not comment to The Post for the story. (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You for the wisdom of the White House staff in distancing from President Trump this man with a gambling habit. We pray their recent association together will not reflect badly upon President Trump and that this man will rethink his gambling activities. Thank you for setting in order a standard of Godliness and wholesomeness around President Trump.
- "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty." (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
5. Stormy Daniels' extortion campaign gets red carpet rollout in the media - Washington Examiner
Evidence suggests that Trump likely did have an affair with Daniels, a revelation that would shock precisely no one. The only surprising part of this story is that Trump's lawyer would have bothered trying to hush an allegedly consensual affair from 2006, which isn't any worse than what Trump said on the 2005 "Access Hollywood" tape. Trump not only copped to his comments on that tape but he dismissed them as inconsequential.
The NDA with Daniels suggests that messages or even images shared between her and Trump may exist, but there is only so much the public is going to tolerate from a porn actress capitalizing on her apparent blackmail threats. After Daniels jumped into the spotlight to cash in on her supposed relationship with the president, she instantly embarked on a strip club tour that mocked Trump's campaign slogan, and in February she charged people to watch her "bare all" in an online video "fit to topple regimes." Daniels is taking America on a ride, and the media is her vehicle. (Read more)
- Abba Father, in the situation being brought by Ms. Daniels in regard to our President, Donald Trump, chosen by You to lead our nation, guide him in all that he says and does. Send Your protection over the president and the First Lady, Melania, from all evil attacks. Give Your strength to Melania to continue to "stand tall" and be the gracious person she is in all situations. As Your plan for Haman turned evil for good for Mordecai and the Jewish people, we pray the same for the our president and his family. Those wishing to destroy Mr. Trump to increase their wealth are not of You, Lord. Bring Ms. Daniels to repentance and lead her to the salvation that You died for. If she rejects You then bring her and all connected with her planned destruction of the President Trump into Your judgement. In Your Holy name, amen.
- "For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;" (Romans 2:12-13)
6. Pompeo's Move to State Signals Shift to Tougher Latin America Policy - Free Beacon
Incoming Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is giving conservative foreign policy lawmakers and activists new hope that he can help President Trump deliver on his tougher stance toward security threats in Latin America. The former congressman and CIA director's first test will come almost immediately after he arrives at Foggy Bottom next month. President Trump plans to attend the Summit of the Americas in Peru in mid-April and then head to Colombia to meet with the country's president, Juan Manuel Santos. Pompeo will likely be at Trump's side for many of the conclave's public events, as well as private bilateral meetings with key heads of state in the Western Hemisphere.
Together, Trump and Pompeo could demonstrate a strong resolve to continue confronting Venezuela and other violent and corrupt governments in the region, as well as to serve as reliable partners to dissidents and opposition forces fighting for democratic reforms. Trump will likely encounter negative regional press coverage over his attendance of the Summit. His stricter immigration policies, promise to build a border wall, and pledge to upend the North American Free Trade Agreement have stirred tensions in the region. A January Gallup poll found that only 16 percent of people surveyed in Latin America approved of Trump's job performance. Conservative foreign policy experts who embrace Trump's tough sanctions regime against Venezuela believe Pompeo will provide the institutional backbone the president needs to follow through on his threats and take a more aggressive approach confronting the Maduro regime and its connections to Hezbollah and bad actors worldwide. (Read more)
- Almighty Father, we pray that Mr. Pompeo will be used by You to support President Trump in all his travels in Latin America and that by Your Holy Spirit, You will create mass unity of purpose and cooperation between President Trump and the leaders of these countries. Lord, dispatch an angel to stand with President Trump as he attends the Summit and during this entire trip let there be major improvements in countries standing in agreement with the United States. We pray in the Name of Jesus and for miracles to happen in God's will.
- "A wholesome tongue is a tree of life; but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit." (Proverbs 15:4)
"Commit your works unto the Lord, and your thoughts shall be established."
|Focus on Israel|
1. Fascinating Dead Sea Scrolls appear in public for first time - World Israel News
Two fascinating manuscripts from the Dead Sea Scrolls collection will appear in public for the first time as part of the new Israel Antiquities Authority exhibition opening at the Denver Museum of Science and Nature in Denver, Colorado. The huge exhibition features some 600 artifacts, including a stone from the Western Wall weighing 3 tons, the largest and most impressive lintel ever discovered in Israel from a First Temple era royal estate, and the stars of the show - 20 Dead Sea Scrolls. To properly preserve these delicate documents, they will be displayed in two separate rounds of 10 each.
In the first round, a scroll dealing with matters of ritual purity and impurity will be shown, and in the second round, part of the scroll known as Musar leMevin (Instruction to the One who Understands), containing apocalyptic messages.
Although the exhibition is to be open for six months, the first 10 scrolls on display, under strictly monitored conditions, will be sent back to Israel , to be replaced by 10 other scrolls. The scrolls returned from the exhibition will be kept for at least five years in the Israel Antiquities Authority scroll climate-controlled vault, in conditions simulating those of the Judean Desert caves in which they were found.
2. Israeli jets strike Hamas post in Gaza, hours after bomb explodes on border - Times of Israel
Israeli jets carried out airstrikes on a Hamas target in the central Gaza Strip late night in retaliation for a bombing on the southern border earlier in the day, the army said.
The raid just after came hours after a bomb planted near the Israel-Gaza border exploded, causing no casualties. Israeli tanks earlier had destroyed a Hamas post in the area in response to the bombing.
The army said it held the Gaza terrorist group Hamas, which controls the enclave, responsible for the explosion at the security fence. It said a Hamas "terror target" in central Gaza was struck by the Israeli fire overnight - , without elaborating.
3. Liberman: Abbas trying to force Hamas into conflict with Israel -Times of Israel
Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman accused Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas of trying to push Israel into a war with Hamas.
In an interview with Hadashot news following a West Bank car-ramming attack that killed two soldiers , Liberman noted that the next few months would be particularly tense in the run up to Israel's 70th Independence Day anniversary in May and the coinciding US move of its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
While the attacker is said to have acted alone, many Palestinian groups praised the attack, calling it a "heroic" response to the US decision. However, Liberman said he was less worried about West Bank attacks and more about a full-scale conflict with Hamas in Gaza, the danger of which he blamed on Abbas.
4. Man murdered in Jerusalem attack: Adiel Kolman - Israel National News
It was cleared in the attack in the Old City of Jerusalem is Adiel Kolman, a resident of Kochav Hashahar in the Binyamin region and originally from the community of Keshet in the Golan Heights.
Adiel is survived by wife and four children. His funeral date has not yet been announced.
Adiel was brought in to the Shaare Zedek Hospital in Jerusalem in critical condition, where doctors fought for his life for several hours before he succumbed to his injuries.
5. IDF Develops New 'Psychological Profiling' Techniques for 'Mapping' Lone Wolf Terrorists - Algemeiner
The Israel Defense Forces is developing new sophisticated techniques, including extensive psychological profiling, in an effort to prevent "lone wolf" terror attacks, the Hebrew language daily Makor Rishon reported .
According to the report, intelligence services in IDF Central Command have adopted a process of "mapping" potential terrorists. This allows the IDF to preempt possible attacks as well as capture terrorists who have already committed them.
A senior officer involved in the program told Makor Rishon, "In this work we search for direct connections to terror or attempts to create connections like this. An index system classifies who is likely to get involved in terror. Bottom line, we thwart dozens of attacks before they are carried out thanks to intelligence work and operational actions."
The main problem, however, is attacks committed by those with no previous connection to terrorism or terrorist organizations.
6. Israel Prayer Update - Bridges for Peace
To read this week's bulletin, go here.
7. Israel, Arab Countries Meet at White House to Discuss Way Forward for Gaza - Bridges for Peace
In the normal course of things, Arab states do not break bread with the Jewish state. In fact, many of the Promised Land's neighbors refuse to acknowledge Israel's existence and habitually shun its input and participation in regional affairs. Yet in what The Jerusalem Post hailed as "an unprecedented moment for Israeli diplomacy," national security officials from the Jewish state sat down with their counterparts from 18 other nations-seven of them Middle Eastern, five of which have no diplomatic ties with Israel-to discuss ways of solving the dire humanitarian crisis unfolding in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip.
Hosted by Jared Kushner, the US president's senior adviser on Middle East peace and Jason Greenblatt, the US's special representative for international negotiations, the six-hour Gaza brainstorming session took place at the White House yesterday (March 13). Officials from Canada, Egypt, Jordan and a number of European countries were in attendance. The Defense Ministry's Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories Maj. Gen. Yoav Mordechai represented Jerusalem. The list of attendees also included envoys from Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, all countries that do not recognize Israel's existence. Moreover, according to The Jerusalem Post, yesterday's summit marks the first time that Israel's dialogue with these Arab countries has been recognized publicly. (Read more)
- Pray that this meeting will be the beginning of the true resolution of the humanitarian crisis in Gaza. Give thanks that countries who have not formally recognized Israel were able to sit at the same table with her representative and discuss possible solutions.
- "Defend the poor and fatherless; do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy; free them from the hand of the wicked." (Psalm 82:3-4)
[Prayer offered by BFP]
8. Peace Plan Postponed - The Jerusalem Connection
Trump postpones his Israel-Palestinian peace plan indefinitely!
On Wednesday, March 14, President Donald Trump decided to take the plan off his immediate agenda. There was no formal announcement. Trump briefed his special Middle East envoy Jason Greenblatt to pass the word round among officials from the Middle East who were attending a conference at the White House on the Gaza Strip's problems. Asked when Trump would revive the plan, Greenblatt replied: Not for a year or two. The motives behind Trump's decision are explained in their broad, regional context in the coming issue of DEBKA Weekly. (Read more)
> > > Commentary from the Jerusalem Connection:
The Jerusalem Connection says: This is huge! This action by President Trump is a major game changer of Biblical proportions. Not only does he see a Palestinian peace plan as an exercise in futility - it's not going to happen, but it also frees him to advance, what in the short run, will appear to be unprecedented support of Israel. ( Possibly the re-building of the 3rd Temple???) Stay closely tuned!
"For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her vindication shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch. . . . I have posted watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on Yahweh give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth." (Isaiah 62:1; 6-7)
|The Daily Brief|
1. Lamb's Win Points to GOP Losing 60 House Seats, Senate Control - News Max
The apparent win of Democrat Conor Lamb for Pennsylvania's 18th District has shaken the Republican establishment to its foundations and points to a "wave election" in the coming midterms that will end Republican control of both the House and the Senate. "If the trend continues until Election Day, the Republicans are looking at a loss of 60 or more House seats and control of the Senate," a top Republican strategist who asked not to be identified told Newsmax in the wake of the stunning Democratic upset . Some Republicans took comfort in Republican Rick Saccone's photo-finish against Lamb, but political insiders said the result was nothing less than a political disaster. "People like many of the president's policies," the strategist said, "But he is hemorrhaging among independents and suburban women voters that don't like the tweets, the chaos and the invective."
Congressional Republicans see the handwriting on the wall and are looking for exits. So far 37 Republican representatives have announced they will retire, resign, or seek another office - a post-World War II high. Democrats need just 25 seats to win control of the House. Two coming contests will test this tsunami scenario, special elections in Arizona's 8th District on and in Ohio's 12th District on . Both elections are to fill vacancies created by the resignations of Republican Reps. Trent Franks and Pat Tiberi, respectively. And both also are in districts that Trump carried handily. And in these races, Democrats have recruited candidates who, like Lamb and Alabama Senate election victor Doug Jones, are more to the center. (Read more)
- Almighty God, we pray that You will oversee by Your mighty power all the resignations and all those who will fill the vacancies. By the Blood of Jesus we bind and break the ungodly shadow government's control to put in their people. Strengthen the righteous who are running for office this year and deliver the House and Senate from the oppression of wickedness. We pray in the Name of Jesus, amen.
- "In righteousness shall you be established: you shall be far from oppression: for you shall not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near you. Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by the Lord: whosoever shall gather together against you shall fall for your sake." (Isaiah 54:14-15)
2. Shock Revelation: Obama Admin Actively Sabotaged Gun Background Check System - Conservative Tribune
Testimony by acting FBI Deputy Director David Bowdich before the Senate Judiciary Committee revealed that the Obama administration removed the names of over 500,000 individuals with active arrest warrants from the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, according to The Daily Wire. The deletion of the names was first reported by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, who had originally pinned the change on the Trump administration. The title of the article was equally unsubtle: "Trump Administration change allows some facing arrest to buy guns." Needless to say, Senate Democrats were interesting in asking Deputy Director Bowdich why the Trump administration would make such a move.
"Mr. Bowdich, can you describe why this determination was made by the Justice Department?" [Diane Feinstein] asked. Sen. Feinstein thought she'd scored a "gotcha" moment. And lo and behold, she had. Just not quite in the way she had imagined. "That was a decision that was made under the previous administration," Bowdich replied. If what Mr. Bowdich is saying is correct, the Obama administration's Justice Department made it exponentially easier for fugitives to purchase weapons, essentially sabotaging the same background check system they now put forward as the savior of our mass shooting woes. Ironically, The Journal-Constitution - the very outlet that broke the story last October, when the purge was blamed on the Trump administration - completely failed to mention any of this in their piece on Bowdich's testimony. (Read more)
- Almighty God, we earnestly pray that You will reveal all the wickedness the Obama administration did to create a corrupt maze of lawlessness in the release of 500,000 individuals with active arrest warrants from the background check system. Lord, we bind these principalities and powers of lawlessness in the United States government in the Name of Jesus and pray You release holiness throughout our country. We pray in Jesus' mighty Name.
- "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Ephesians )
3. Judge Recused From Michael Flynn Case Is Friends With Peter Strzok - Daily Caller
The federal judge who recused himself from the Michael Flynn case is personal friends with Peter Strzok, the FBI agent who conducted the White House interview in which the former national security adviser has pleaded guilty to lying. The Justice Department redacted the references to Contreras in 384 pages of text messages provided to Congress. The unredacted versions of the texts were obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation. In the texts, exchanged on July 25, 2016, Strzok refers to Contreras, an Obama appointee, as his friend. He also appears to acknowledge that the relationship could cause conflicts of interest warranting recusal. Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, a Republican, posed two "fundamental" questions raised by the text messages: "Why did [DOJ] make it hard for us to figure this out? Why did Contreras ultimately recuse himself?"
Two months before the exchange, Contreras was appointed to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC). As the FBI's deputy chief of counterintelligence at the time, many of Strzok's investigations went through FISC. Strzok was one of the top investigators on that matter. He also oversaw the FBI investigation into Russian meddling in the presidential campaign. Contreras' recusal has been a source of mystery ever since he was taken off the Flynn case on . He was appointed on , and the next day, on , Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to FBI agents - one of whom was Strzok - during his interview in the White House. The day after Flynn pleaded guilty, newspapers reported that Strzok was removed from the special counsel's Russia investigation because he sent politically charged, anti-Trump text messages to Page. Contreras recused himself from the Flynn case five days after those reports surfaced. (Read more)
- Mighty Father, we pray that You will break down every wall erected by the enemy against President Trump. Lord, it seems that all the parties listed in this article have been participating in evil activities. God, we pray that the counsel of the wicked be spoiled and the kingdoms of darkness be broken down. Let your holy fire burn up every ungodly work of the enemy. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to God's will, He hears us; And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him." (I John 5:14-15)
4. Education Union DeVostated - Free Beacon
The union representing Department of Education bureaucrats is crying foul after the agency constrained union privileges following months of delays in negotiation. the agency implemented a new collective bargaining agreement with its employees, who are represented by the American Federation of Government Employees. The terms of the deal could strike a blow against the labor organization. Workers will no longer be automatically enrolled in the union and instead will have to opt into representation. Under the previous contract, workers had only one 48-hour window to opt out of paying union dues or fees. It will also eliminate perks previously given to union officers, including taxpayer-supported office space and supplies. One department official said the contract implemented under Secretary Betsy DeVos will serve "as the gold standard for other agencies in their negotiations" with labor organizations.
The department said the union has only itself to blame for the agency's implementation of the contract. Contract negotiations began in October 2016 under the Obama administration, but the union balked at coming to an agreement on the ground rules of negotiating a new contract. It sent a final offer on ground rules to the union in December 2017 before sending an initial proposal on the substance of the collective bargaining agreement in February. "After realizing that the Department was serious about proceeding with implementation of the new CBA, the Union suddenly swung into action over the last week after the timeframe had already expired, attempting an untimely last-ditch effort to prevent implementation," the senior official said. "None of these actions alter the Union's original failure to engage in good faith bargaining on ground rules or the Union's failure to respond within the timeframe."(Read more)
- Father, we thank You that some of the union activities that are out of alignment with what is reasonable have been corrected. We speak peace to this situation and ask that all involved would cooperate so that this department can do its job as called for by Secretary DeVos. Thank You that the new policies have saved tax-payer money.
- "If imposing a fine on the innocent is not good, surely to flog honest officials is not right." (Proverbs )
5. Ex-Facebook employee rips 'Mark Zuckerberg's secret police' used to prevent media leaks - Washington Times
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's quest to keep employees from talking to the media has current and former insiders likening his tactics to something out of an Orwellian police state. A new report on Silicon Valley tech giants by the U.K. newspaper The Guardian features former Facebook loyalists who describe a working environment of perpetual "paranoia" due to a "horrifying" level of internal surveillance. The newspaper spoke to multiple sources on condition of anonymity about Facebook's "rat-catching" team, which they claim exceeds reasonable means of preventing leaks. "It's horrifying how much they know," a source referred to under the pseudonym John Evans said for a report published . "You go into Facebook and it has this warm, fuzzy feeling of 'we're changing the world' and 'we care about things'. But you get on their bad side and all of a sudden you are face to face with Mark Zuckerberg's secret police."
Facebook spokeswoman Bertie Thomson dismissed Mr. Evans' allegations as hyperbole. "Companies routinely use business records in workplace investigations, and we are no exception," she told the newspaper. The Guardian countered with testimony by a European Facebook content moderator. His contract allegedly gave the company "the right to monitor and record his social media activities, including his personal Facebook account, as well as emails, phone calls and internet use." The newspaper concluded by mentioning Facebook's decision to hire outside contractors like Pinkerton. One service provided by the company includes sending "investigators to coffee shops or restaurants near a company's campus to eavesdrop" on conversations. (Read more)
- Father God, only You know the truth regarding Facebook operations. Is social media good for anyone? Some people think it is. How does time spent on Facebook and other social media compare to the time spent with You and Your word? Let all things hidden come to light in the operations of Facebook. May Your light shine on the things that are not pleasing in Your sight on this site to be dealt with as You choose. Turn hearts to spend more time with You and less time on social media. Amen.
- "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness," (Romans )
6. Congress prepares to tackle growing opiod epidemic - USA Today
Responding to a public health crisis that shows no signs of letting up, Congress is preparing to move forward on a package of bills aimed at curbing the nation's growing addiction to painkillers. A House subcommittee will begin considering more than two dozen proposals this week that would make it easier for those addicted to get treatment, speed up research on opioid abuse and detect and intercept shipments of opioids such as fentanyl into the United States. The panel hopes to have the package ready for a vote in the full House before Memorial Day.
In the Senate, another committee is prepping its own package of bills, which emerged in large part from a series of hearings that have included testimony from doctors, public health experts, government officials and families of overdose victims. The committee hopes to complete its work on the proposals in April. "Our recommendations will be urgent and bipartisan, and they will come very quickly," said Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee.
Meanwhile, President Trump is scheduled to address opioid addiction in an appearance (Read more) in New Hampshire. Trump ordered his Health secretary to declare opioid abuse a public health emergency in October and signed orders waiving regulations and giving states more flexibility in using federal money to combat the epidemic.
- Father, we thank You that the House, the Senate and the President are all working together to develop strategies to curb this dangerous outbreak, and to find ways to help addicts break free of this addiction. We ask Your blessing upon each effort now being made, in Your name, amen.
- "He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners . . . " (Isaiah 61:1)
7. Trump: 'It Looks Like' Putin Was Behind Nerve Agent Attack - CNSNews.com
President Donald Trump said (Read more) that "it looks like" Russian Prime Minister Vladimir is behind the nerve gas attack on a former Russian double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia. During an Oval Office visit with Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar, Trump was asked whether Putin was behind it. "It looks like it. I've spoken with the prime minister, and we are in discussions. A very sad situation. It certainly looks like the Russians were behind it. Something that should never, ever happen, and we're taking it very seriously, as I think are many others," Trump said.
- Lord God, we ask for a complete and thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding this attack, in Your Name, amen.
- "For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light." (Mark )
8. Statement from the United States, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom on the Attack in Salisbury - The White House
"We express our sympathies to them all, and our admiration for the United Kingdom police and emergency services for their courageous response.
"This use of a military-grade nerve agent, of a type developed by Russia, constitutes the first offensive use of a nerve agent in Europe since the Second World War. It is an assault on the United Kingdom's sovereignty and any such use by a state party is a clear violation of the Chemical Weapons Convention and a breach of international law. It threatens the security of us all.
"Russia should, in particular, provide full and complete disclosure of the Novichok program to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW). Our concerns are also heightened against the background of a pattern of earlier irresponsible Russian behavior. We call on Russia to live up to its responsibilities as a member of the U.N. Security Council to uphold international peace and security." (Read more; excerpt)
- We praise You, Lord God, that these nations are now working together to rein in this danger posed by Russia's use of a nerve agent to attack one of its own citizens. Lord God, we say "NEVER AGAIN" on our watch, in Your Name, amen.
- "And I placed boundaries on it And set a bolt and doors, And I said, 'Thus far you shall come, but no farther; And here shall your proud waves stop'." (Job 38:11)
9. U.S. Sanctions Russia for Election Interference and Threats to U.S. Infrastructure - CNSNews.com
The Trump administration imposed sanctions on five more Russian entities and 19 additional Russian individuals for "malicious" cyber activity, including interference in U.S. elections and "destructive cyber-attacks" targeting "critical infrastructure."
"These targeted sanctions are a part of a broader effort to address the ongoing nefarious attacks emanating from Russia," said Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin.
Mnuchin said the U.S. Treasury Department intends to impose additional sanctions on Russia's "destabilizing activities" by blocking the oligarchs' access to the U.S. financial system. (Read more)
- Lord God, once again we offer Praise to Your Holy Name that we now have an administration that will take immediate and direct action to confront these evil schemes coming from the former Soviet Union, and put a stop to them. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- " . . . the people who know their God will display strength and take action."
10. Putin Wins Russia's Presidential Election - Newsmax
Russian President Vladimir Putin won a landslide re-election victory , extending his rule over the world's largest country for another six years at a time when his ties with the West are on a hostile trajectory.
Putin's thumping victory will extend his total time in office to nearly a quarter of a century, until 2024, by which time he will be 71. Only Soviet dictator Josef Stalin ruled for longer. Putin has promised to use his new term to beef up Russia's defences against the West and to raise living standards.
In a widely-expected result, an exit poll by pollster VTsIOM showed Putin, who has already dominated the political landscape for the last 18 years, had won 73.9 percent of the vote. Backed by state TV, the ruling party, and credited with an approval rating around 80 percent, his victory was never in doubt. (Read more)
- Father, as we set ourselves in place to face six more years of Russia under the leadership of President Vladimir Putin, we ask Your wisdom to be with President Trump as he deals with Putin, one step at a time. We also ask that, by Your Spirit, You would cause Your people in America to not fall asleep in this hour, but to remain strengthened to continue to stand as Your watchmen on the wall for our freedom. In Your Name, amen.
- "I will stand on my guard post and station myself on the rampart; and I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me." (Habakkuk 2:1)
|The Daily Jot|
The disengaged political force
George Barna of the American Culture and Faith Institute (ACFI) has conducted a recent study that shows there are three types of people impacting the social landscape in America-the liberals, the conservatives, and the disengaged. Barna believes the disengaged sector are the greatest threat to America because they just don't care about whether the country is headed in the right or wrong direction. Barna writes, "But another crucial component of our national stalemate is the large share of the voting-age population that is disengaged from the multifaceted battle of worldviews. These people are the tiebreakers. But they refuse to show up."
Barna says there are two key segments of the disengaged. He says, "The first is those who have moderate views-i.e., obstinate ambivalence-on both politics and theology (31% of the adult population). They will not take stands on the important issues of the day, from immigration to abortion, from the veracity of the Bible to the role of Jesus Christ in modern life. The second segment is people who are not registered to vote and pay little attention to political news and information (21%). There are times when all of us get frustrated with the political system and its players, and harbor ill-will toward the biased media. But rather than work through the garbage and distortions in the pipeline, the disengaged retire from the game altogether."
ACFI studies reveal that irrespective of whether people are conservative or liberal, Christian or non-Christian, Millennial or Boomer, or whether a person of color, Americans are eager to improve America because they have a healthy distrust of government. Barna says, "Six out of ten Americans are angry about the state of the nation. Two out of three contend that the government cannot be trusted to do what is in the best interests of the country. Seventy percent say that government has too much control over our lives. Huge majorities of the people argue that the United States is moving in the wrong direction on at least three important fronts: politically, morally, and culturally."
Barna wrote that when asked to make a choice between capitalism and socialism, a majority of the disengaged (56%) said they had no preference. He says, "Part of the challenge may be their lack of information. Whereas two-thirds of the engaged population follows news about politics and governance "a lot" or "quite a bit", few of those who are Disengaged pay attention to such information. These are the people who don't know and don't care. Their failure to participate in the battle for the nation's future is paralyzing us all." This is why The Daily Jot informs readers with an eye toward equipping and encouraging action. Christ said in Matthew 28:19, "Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." Don't feel comfortable in the four walls of your church. Get engaged. Be salt and light.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
|Our Weekly Bible Study|
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, March 18 -
Featured teaching of the week:
Spiritual Applications of Passover ~ Yielding to the Olive Press
Please go here to listen to this teaching.
Torah portion reading for the week of March 19th:
Tzav ~ Command
Torah portion: Leviticus 6:8-8:36
Haftorah portion (Prophets): Jeremiah 7:21-8:3, 9:22-23
Gospel/New Testament: Matthew 9:10-17
> > > Listen to http://hebrootsradio.com to learn about the Hebrew roots of the Christian faith!
Hebraic Heritage Ministries Intnl
|More Daily Features|
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing
"I . . . heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands."(Revelation )
O for a thousand tongues to sing My great Redeemer's praise, The glories of my God and King, The triumphs of His grace!
My gracious Master and my God, Assist me to proclaim, To spread through all the earth abroad The honors of Thy name.
Jesus! the name that charms our fears, That bids our sorrows cease; 'Tis music in the sinner's ears, 'Tis life, and health, and peace.
He breaks the power of canceled sin, He sets the prisoner free; His blood can make the foulest clean, His blood availed for me.
He speaks, and, listening to His voice, New life the dead receive, The mournful, broken hearts rejoice, The humble poor believe.
Hear Him, ye deaf; His praise, ye dumb, Your loosened tongues employ; Ye blind, behold your Savior come, And leap, ye lame, for joy.
In Christ your Head, you then shall know, Shall feel your sins forgiven; Anticipate your heaven below, And own that love is heaven.
Glory to God, and praise and love Be ever, ever given, By saints below and saints above, The church in earth and heaven.
On this glad day the glorious Sun Of Righteousness arose; On my benighted soul He shone And filled it with repose. . .
. . . Harlots and publicans and thieves In holy triumph join! Saved is the sinner that believes From crimes as great as mine.
Murderers and all ye hellish crew In holy triumph join! Believe the Savior died for you; For me the Savior died.
With me, your chief, ye then shall know, Shall feel your sins forgiven; Anticipate your heaven below, And own that love is heaven.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words:Charles Wesley, 1739.
Melody: Carl G. Gläser, 1828
About the Hymn:
Wesley wrote this hymn to commemorate the first anniversary of his conversion to Christ. This origin is reflected in the lyrics, "On this glad day the glorious Sun of Righteousness arose." The stanza that begins "O for a thousand tongues to sing" is verse seven of Wesley's original poem. This work first appeared in Hymns and Sacred Poems in 1740.