ALERT: Some of you are seeing a red banner at the top of this page, saying that it is not safe to open this email. THAT STATEMENT IS FALSE. Please press "Ignore. I trust this message"
in order to continue receiving the Daily Brief.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, February 25, 2016
"The LORD will cause His voice of authority to be heard." (Isaiah 30:30)
> > > Join in prayer for the Texas Case, to be heard at the Supreme Court on Wednesday, March 2nd. Call 515-739-1010 and Access Code 414009#. The conference line will be open for prayer through midnight on March 2nd.
"His sovereignty rules over all." (Psalm 103:19)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Netanyahu: Even after nuclear deal, Iran still funds terrorism - YnetNews
Prime minister slams Tehran's announcement that it would provide financial aid to families of killed terrorists; he also notes knife-wielding terrorists do not exist in a vacuum, and called on the world to stand with Israel against Palestinian incitement. (Read more)
2. Netanyahu promises 'imminent solution' to Gaza tunnels - Times of Israel
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told leaders of Israeli communities around the Gaza Strip Wednesday that the army was working to end the threat of attack tunnels emanating from the coastal Palestinian territory.
In a meeting held with municipal heads, the prime minister said the IDF was "likely to find an imminent solution to the problem of tunnels from Gaza," according to Haaretz.
He told the group that the army has been employing the latest technology to deal with it and that a budget has been earmarked for the job. (Read more)
3. Obama: Important to give hope to Israelis and Palestinians - Ynet News
US Secretary of State Kerry says settlement building does not help situation, hours after a terror attack in the West Bank.
"The situation in Israel and the West Bank, the increasing tensions that exist between Israelis and Palestinians there - His majesty has been a critical component of reducing some of the immediate sources of tension around the Temple Mount and visits there, but we continue to agree that it's important for us to provide both sides a sense of possibility and hope and not simply despair," Obama said during a meeting with Jordanian King Abdullah II. (Read more)
4. IDF intel chief warns despair in Gaza could explode toward Israel -Times of Israel
The Gaza Strip's worsening humanitarian situation could lead to a conflagration with Israel, the Israeli military's intelligence chief warned Tuesday.
IDF Military Intelligence chief Herzl Halevi told the Knesset's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee: "The humanitarian condition in Gaza is progressively deteriorating, and if it blows up, it'll be in Israel's direction."
Halevi said the reconstruction of Gaza following 2014's war between Hamas and Israel was moving very slowly. The Strip's rehabilitation, he said, was a key factor in preventing further conflict. (Read more)
5. NGOs charge Shin Bet with outsourcing torture to PA, state denies - Jerusalem Post
The NGOs B'Tselem and Hamoked on Wednesday accused the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) of outsourcing torturing Palestinian detainees to the PA as well as other direct abuses of detainee rights.
The allegations were also directed at the IDF, the police and the Prisons Service, though the Shin Bet got the lion's share of the criticism, with the main focus on the Shin Bet's Shikma Prison in the South.
The Justice Ministry denied the claims in the NGOs' report, saying they "distort the existing reality" of detainee treatment, which it said complies with all legal requirements.
Focusing mainly on affidavits and witness accounts provided by 116 Palestinians held for security reasons and interrogated at the Shikma facility, the period covered by the report is August 2013-March 2014 and comes in the aftermath of a firestorm over alleged recent torture of right-wing Jewish detainees. (Read more)
6. PA confirms economic talks with Israel - Israel National News
The Palestinian Authority (PA) Minister of Finance Shukri Bishara has confirmed that he has met with his Israeli counterpart Moshe Kahlon in Jerusalem in recent weeks to discuss an economic agreement to boost the Palestinian economy, the Ma'an news agency reported Tuesday.
Bishara's remarks are thus in line with a report on Israel's Channel 10 on Sunday that the two finance ministers have been meeting to discuss an "economic package" Israel is planning to offer to the PA.
Bishara told Ma'an the meetings had taken place, although he denied that several issues reported by Channel 10 had in fact been discussed. (Read more)
7. 2,000 Ukrainian olim arrive in Israel via 'Freedom Flight' - Jerusalem Post
With smiling faces and tears in their eyes, 116 new immigrants arrived at Ben-Gurion International Airport on Tuesday from Ukraine as part of the International Fellowship of Christian and Jews' Freedom Flight program.
Many came from war-torn zones bordering Russia, where violence between Russians and Ukrainians has caused thousands of Jews to flee. The olim who arrived have witnessed much violence, and those who lived away from the violence still felt its reverberations.
For this reason, the Freedom Flight program was created, airlifting 2,365 Jews to Israel since December 2014. Through the program, olim receive financial and bureaucratic assistance, as well as guidance before and after aliya, according to Ofer Dahan, the IFCJ's director of aliya and absorption who accompanied Tuesday's group from Kiev. Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, president and founder of the IFCJ, said the program helps Ukrainian Jews make aliya "to rescue their physical bodies from peril, and to return them to the Jewish Homeland." (Read more)
8. 40 years after Entebbe, Netanyahu to visit Africa - Israel Hayom
Planned trip to Kenya and Uganda is part of PM Benjamin Netanyahu's bid to strengthen Israel's ties with Africa * At meeting in Jerusalem, Netanyahu and Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta sign cooperation deal in realms of water, irrigation and agriculture. (Read more)
9. Saudis pulling money from Lebanon is a sign the country is lost to Hezbollah - Jerusalem Post
The moves by Saudi Arabia and its Gulf allies on Tuesday to warn their citizens against traveling to Lebanon and the Saudi decision last week to suspend $3 billion in aid to the Lebanese military is a sign the country has fallen squarely into Iran's orbit.
The Saudis became upset last month when the Lebanese government, represented by Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil, refused to vote on a joint Arab statement condemning attacks by Iranians on Saudi missions in their country in reaction to the Saudi execution of a prominent Shi'ite cleric.
Lebanese government sources told the London-based daily Asharq al-Awsat in a report published on Wednesday that "preparations are under way to send a government delegation headed by Prime Minister Tamman Salam to undertake a tour of the Gulf countries to clarify the official Lebanese point of view and try to mend the rift." (Read more)
10. Reform Movement holds first official prayer service at Western Wall - Jerusalem Post
Dozens of Rabbis from the Reform Movement in Israel and North America joined together for the first official morning prayer service on Thursday held in the area of the Western Wall formally designated to be used for non-orthodox worship. Women and men joined together in the prayer service and participated in the reading of the traditional reading of the Thursday Torah portion. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. GOP Gov. Sandoval says not interested in Supreme Court nomination
- Fox News
Thanks, but no thanks.
That was the answer Thursday from Nevada Republican Gov. Brian Sandoval following reports that President Obama was considering him as a potential nominee for the Supreme Court vacancy. Sandoval says he's already told the White House he's not interested.
"Earlier today, I notified the White House that I do not wish to be considered at this time for possible nomination to the Supreme Court of the United States," Sandoval said in a statement, adding he's told key Senate leaders the same. "The notion of being considered for a seat on the highest court in the land is beyond humbling and I am incredibly grateful to have been mentioned." (Read more)
- Father, we ask that You judge this pick for the SCOTUS, and do not allow it if he is not of the caliber necessary for the court. We pray that any attempts to nominate a judge will be blocked unless it is someone You have chosen to stem the tide of judicial activism in the U.S.
- "Help, Lord, for the godly man ceases!" For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men." (Psalm 12:1)
2. Powerful storm system sweeping East Coast kills 4 in Virginia, raising death toll to 7- Fox News
A powerful storm system swept across the East Coast on Wednesday, killing four people in Virginia and knocking out power to tens of thousands of homes and businesses in the region.
A day earlier, the system spawned about two dozen tornadoes along the Gulf Coast, damaging hundreds of homes in Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida. Three people were killed and dozens were injured.
Forecasters had warned that more than 88 million people were at risk of seeing some sort of severe weather Wednesday. In the Midwest, heavy snow and biting winds led to mass flight cancellations at Chicago airports and school closings in several states. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray for Your comfort and strength for those who have been in the storm's path.
- "Your rod and your staff, they comfort me . . ." (Psalm 23:4d)
3. Abortion Clinics Are Closing at a Record Pace - Bloomberg
Abortion access in the U.S. has been vanishing at the fastest annual pace on record. Since 2011, at least 162 abortion providers have shut or stopped offering the procedure, while just 21 opened. At no time since before 1973, when the U.S. Supreme Court legalized abortion, has a woman's ability to terminate a pregnancy been more dependent on her zip code or financial resources to travel. (Read more)
- Thank You Lord for this good news! We ask the more and more of these clinics shut down, and people see the evil that they have espoused.
- "The preparations of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord." (Proverbs 16:1)
4. California triplets at center of thorny surrogacy case, pro-life debate - Fox News
A set of newborn triplets are now being tended to in a California hospital, unaware of their place at the center of a complex legal battle that could have huge implications for surrogacy and parental rights.
The babies were delivered several weeks premature Monday night, according to a lawyer for Melissa Cook, the 47-year-old surrogate mother from Woodland Hills who refused the biological father's demands that she have an abortion. That man, a deaf, 50-year-old postal worker from Georgia identified in court papers as "C.M.," paid Cook to carry anonymously donated eggs he fertilized in the hopes of having children. But Cook, who describes herself as pro-life, refused to have an abortion, and is seeking parental rights.
"I'm healthy, I'm 28 weeks pregnant, the babies are doing great, the three little boys I have inside me," Cook told Fox News outside court earlier this month before they were born. (Read more)
- Lord we thank You for this situation, that this woman refused to have an abortion. We pray that the court will protect those babies, giving them the best home possible.
- "The eyes of the Lord preserve knowledge, but He overthrows the words of the faithless." (Proverbs 22:12)
5. Judge Denies Motion to Halt Voter Citizenship Requirement - Washington Free Beacon
The U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia declined to block a rule in three states that requires individuals to prove they are citizens when registering to vote using mail-in registration forms. The lawsuit was filed by a coalition of left-wing groups, including the League of Women Voters and the NAACP, earlier this month. (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You for protecting voter citizenship requirements in this case. We ask that You protect the elections this year across the country from fraud and voting by people not allowed to participate by law.
- "If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (Psalm 11:3)
6. House Committee Approves Bill Demanding MB Terror Designation - IPT
The House Judiciary Committee passed a bill Wednesday calling on the State Department to classify the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist group by a 17-10 party-line vote. The GOP leadership under Speaker Paul Ryan supports the legislation, a high-ranking Republican source told the Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT) on background. This makes floor passage more likely.
The bill states that it is the "sense of Congress that the Muslim Brotherhood meets the criteria for classification as a foreign terrorist organization." Under the bill as amended by committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., Secretary of State John Kerry would have 60 days to issue a detailed report to Congress indicating whether the Brotherhood meets the criteria qualifying it as a terrorist group.
"The Brotherhood's strategic goal 'in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and 'sabotaging' its miserable house from within so that it is eliminated and God's religion is made victorious over all other religions," Goodlatte said, quoting the Brotherhood's 1991 Explanatory Memorandum, in a statement given before the vote. "The Brotherhood and its leaders and affiliates, such as Hamas, have supported Islamist terrorism - directly, through fundraising, and through exhortation. "Each of these activities constitutes an act of terrorism under the Immigration and Nationality Act." (Read more)
- Father God, we offer up today a great chorus of praise for this action taken by the House Judiciary Committee. We pray Psalm 91 over all members who voted for passage of this bill, and we ask for a vote of overwhelming support for this legislation when it arrives on the House floor for a vote by the entire Congress. Thank You, Lord, that we are correctly identifying and naming our enemy, in Your name, amen!
- "Through God we shall do valiantly, And it is He who will tread down our adversaries." (Psalm 60:12)
7. Obama signs bill defending Israel from boycott, says it won't apply to settlements - JTA
President Barack Obama signed a bill that punishes the BDS campaign against Israel, but said he will not apply a segment that extends protections to West Bank settlements. The Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015, aimed at removing unfair barriers to competitive U.S. trade, passed the U.S. House of Representatives in December and the Senate on Feb. 11. Obama signed the bill into law Wednesday. The BDS portion of the law, which is backed by the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, was authored by Reps. Peter Roskam, R-Ill., and Juan Vargas, D-Calif. Multiple bills are under consideration in Congress and in over 20 state legislatures targeting BDS. Many of the state bills mandate the divestment of state funds, including pensions, from entities that boycott Israel, and a number of those bills extend protection to the settlements. Illinois and South Carolina have enacted anti-BDS bills in recent months that include protection for settlements. (Read more)
- Abba Father, although we are grateful that Obama has signed this bill into law, we repent that he has set aside the "settlements" (communities) in the "West Bank" (Judea and Samaria), thereby disallowing them from enjoying this protection for the sale of their goods. We ask, Lord, that Congress present another bill that will, indeed, include ALL of the land that was given to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, in Your name, amen.
- "And I will set your border from the Red Sea to the Sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness to the Euphrates, for I will give the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you shall drive them out before you." (Exodus 23:31)
8. This just in: Threat Alert Advisory - CHPP
"U.S. intelligence agencies, including the CIA, FBI, DNA, NSA and DNI warn that the nation is facing the highest threat alert level since 9/11 from ISIS, Al Qaeda, and a joint Iranian-North Korean alliance."
- Father, we thank You for the AlertsUSA Advisory Network, as we have always found their bulletins to be accurate and reliable. Abba Father God, we take this warning seriously and we bring it to You, Holy One, for You see all. We ask that You move by Your holy angels and by the Blood of the Lamb to disarm these enemies and to render their plans useless. We ask this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Praise the Lord, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word. Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will." (Psalm 103:20,21)
9. Kerry Having 'Additional Evaluation' Done to Decide if Slaughter of Mideast Christians is Genocide - CNS News
Secretary of State John Kerry told the House Appropriations Subcommittee on the Department of State and Foreign Assistance today that he is having an "additional evaluation" done to help him determine whether the systematic murder of Christians and other religious minorities in the Middle East-at the hands of the Islamic State and others-should be declared "genocide."
"I will make a decision on it as soon as I have that additional evaluation and we will proceed forward from there," Kerry said. (Read more)
- Father, Your people need Your protection across the Middle East. Mr. Kerry should know the dire situation of them in every area, as he is advised of situations on a daily basis. We continue to ask for Your intervention and protection in spite of the flip-flopping of our government.
- "Have respect to the covenant; for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty. OH do not let the oppressed return ashamed!"
10. Putin's Newest Satellite State - Forbes
Two days before Christmas, as American policymakers were settling into the holidays, Russia quietly signed a sweeping air defense agreement with Armenia, accelerating a growing Russian military buildup that has unfolded largely under the radar. It was the most tangible sign yet that Putin is creating a new satellite state on NATO's border and threatening an indispensable U.S. ally. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that You block Russia's attempts to establish more satellite states wherever they may be. You alone are capable of making things work or not work in the international realm.
- "But You, O Lord, shall laugh at them; You shall have all the nations in derision." (Psalm 59:8)
The Daily Jot
Thursday, February 25, 2016
A prophetic people standing -- abortion clinics closing
Since the Supreme Court twisted the Constitution and legalized abortion in 1973, American Christians have been trying to stand against what has become the most lethal example of infanticide in history -- some 50 million babies legally murdered in the womb. What was once referred to as the safest place in the cliche "saf er than a mother's womb" has succumbed to self indulgence and the mantra of an anti - God feminist movement. The consequences of wiping out an entire generation of Americans, the intent of Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger to eliminate black people, became a multi - billion dollar industry built on death. According to Bloomberg Business report, all that may be changing. (Read more)
The Persecuted Church
Church run Refugee Camp set Ablaze in Mindanao, Philippines
At least five people, including two children, were hurt after unidentified men torched a church-run evacuation center in the southern Philippine city of Davao early Feb. 24. "At least three men poured gasoline on the tent before lighting it," Piya Macliing Malayao, secretary-general of the tribal group Katribu, told ucanews.com in Manila. Malayao said some 700 indigenous people, who were displaced by military operations in the hinterlands of Davao del Norte, Bukidnon, and Surigao del Sur provinces, have been staying in the church compound since the middle of last year. (Read more)
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
YE SERVANTS OF GOD
"Praise the Lord, all His heavenly hosts, you His servants who do His will." (Psalm 103:21)
Ye servants of God, your Master proclaim, And publish abroad His wonderful Name; The Name all victorious of Jesus extol, His kingdom is glorious and rules over all.
The waves of the sea have lift up their voice, Sore troubled that we in Jesus rejoice; The floods they are roaring, but Jesus is here; While we are adoring, He always is near.
When devils engage, the billows arise, And horribly rage, and threaten the skies: Their fury shall never our steadfastness shock, The weakest believer is built on a rock.
God ruleth on high, almighty to save, And still He is nigh, His presence we have; The great congregation His triumph shall sing, Ascribing salvation to Jesus, our King.
"Salvation to God, who sits on the throne!" Let all cry aloud and honor the Son; The praises of Jesus the angels proclaim, Fall down on their faces and worship the Lamb.
Then let us adore and give Him His right, All glory and power, all wisdom and might; All honor and blessing with angels above, And thanks never ceasing and infinite love.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Charles Wesley, 1744.
Music: Johann M. Haydn
Signs and Wonders
"Pyramids" over California
People who pay attention to the daytime sky often notice a luminous ring surrounding the sun. It's called an ice halo, caused by sunlight shining through ice crystals in wispy cirrus clouds. On Feb. 23rd, San Francisco photographer Mila Zinkova looked up and saw not one, but "four wondrous circles around the sun." She quickly moved into the shadow of a totem pole and snapped this picture:
About 100 miles away in Ballico, California, Richard Sears witnessed a similar display. "I've been photographing sun halos here in California for years. I must say, this is the first," says Sears. "I wonder what is going on here?"
The answer: The air was filled with tiny pyramids of ice.
Atmospheric optics expert Les Cowley explains: "These are magnificent and rare displays of pyramidal crystal halos. Ordinary halos are made by six-sided column- or plate-shaped crystals in high and cold cirrus clouds. Over California their ends were capped with pyramids. The pyramids always have fixed angles set by planes of atoms in the ice. Light passing through them form 'odd radius halos' 9, 18, 20, 23, 24 and 35 degrees from the sun. On Mila's image I can see a bright 9 degree ring, an 18 degree one and then a clump of twenty-something radius halos."(Read more)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Finally Freed: 43 Christian Hostages Released By ISIS after Ransom
(Syria)-The terrorist organization ISIS has released over 40 Christian hostages yesterday. According to reports, this is the last batch of the more than 200 hostages kidnapped by the group in Syria a year ago. (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Ten Thousand Angels
He could have called ten thousand angels
To destroy the world and set Him free.
He could have called ten thousand angels,
But He died alone for you and me.
Go here to hear the rest of "Ten Thousand Angels"
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.