France Prepares for its FIRST
National Day of Repentance:
Saturday, November 7
ALSO: Special FRC Conference Call at 9:00 p.m. TONIGHT. Go here.
SPECIAL LINK for Veterans' Day Resource Packets Go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, November 6, 2014
"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked rule, the people mourn." (Proverbs 29:2)
"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; Lest the LORD see it, and it displease Him, And He turn away His wrath from him." (Proverbs 24:17)
Please note: our "streamlined edition" of the Brief will be published again this week. This will allow our staff time to prepare for our upcoming Annual Meeting of our Board of Directors. Our next full edition of the Brief will be published next Monday, Nov. 10. Thank you.
". . . the glory of the LORD filled the temple. . ." (2 Chronicles 5:14)
The Daily Brief
1. Now what? What Obama can (and can't) do with a GOP Senate - CNN
Time to brush off the veto stamp.
For someone who's only used it twice, President Obama may need some reacquainting with the last remaining weapon in Democrats' arsenal. He last rejected a bill from Congress in 2010.
But he's had blocking from a Democratic Senate majority until now. They've stood in the way of bills most Democrats would oppose. Things are likely to change in January, when Republicans take charge of the Senate. (Read more)
- Lord we pray against any backlash from the elections, and bind up this president from unilateral actions against the best interests of America in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- "Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord! Awake as in ancient days, in the generations of old . . ." (Isaiah 51:9a)
2. Beck to O'Reilly: America Now In 'Most Dangerous Period' Since Civil War - Mediaite.com
Glenn Beck joined Bill O'Reilly tonight to react to the midterms, and instead of expressing optimism, Beck told O'Reilly he worries that the U.S. is entering the "most dangerous period" since the Civil War and it will last for several bitter, partisan years.
Beck, however, is worried things could get worse. With Republicans in charge of Congress and a Democrat in the White House, things could get much uglier, partisanship could get worse, and, Beck concluded, "we have a very bad scenario headed our way." (Read more here) (View video of interview here)
- Father God, You tell us in Your Word that at the end of time, we would experience "perilous times." We sense that the events we now see unfolding before our eyes attest to this truth. Lord God, if there are any plans in place that would endanger our people and eventually place us under martial law, we take up the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, and we CANCEL these plans in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Lord God, we ask You to forgive those who would seek to wreak havoc upon our land and upon our people; they know not what they do. Thank You, Lord, that as we call, You will answer. In Jesus name, amen and amen.
- "The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him." (Psalm 37:39,40)
3. Obama to Meet with Congressional Leaders Tomorrow - Fox News
Boehner warns Obama will 'burn himself' with exec action on immigration
House Speaker John Boehner issued a stern warning to President Obama not to pursue unilateral action on immigration, telling the president on Thursday "he's going to burn himself" and "poison the well" if he goes down that path.
The warning comes ahead of a major summit at the White House where Obama will meet Friday with congressional leaders of both parties. The meeting is the first chance since Republicans won a majority in the Senate -- and built their majority to historic levels in the House -- for all sides to sit down and discuss a potential agenda for next year. (Read more)
- Lord God, if Obama will indeed listen to, and honor, the requests of the new majority party in Congress, this would be a miracle. Lord God, we need a miracle. So we turn to You to help all parties not to find "common ground," but to make policy decisions based upon the foundation of Your Word. Lord God, we recently read the Word in its entirety for 27 hours; that Word will not return to You void. We turn to You for help now in this critical matter, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'" (Jer. 33:3)
4. Obama Considers Cutting Deportations -WSJ
The White House is considering two central requirements in deciding which of the nation's 11 million illegal immigrants would gain protections through an expected executive action: a minimum length of time in the U.S., and a person's family ties to others in the country. (Read more)
- Lord we pray against any actions by the President that would increase or continue the policy of open immigration.
- "Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the just; for the righteous God tests the hearts and minds." (Psalm 7:9)
5. Air Force Fires 2 Nuclear Commanders, Disciplines Another - Military.com
Adding to signs of distress in the nuclear force, the Air Force fired two commanders and disciplined a third in response to internal investigations of leadership lapses and misbehavior at two of its three intercontinental ballistic missile base (Read more)
- Father we pray for wisdom for our military leaders. If these firings are from actual misconduct, we pray for quick replacements of righteous commanders. If they are political, then we ask for revelation of that truth. We pray protection over the US arsenal of nuclear weapons, and ask You to keep them safe from evil plans.
- "Wisdom is much better than strength . . ." (Eccl 9:16a)
6. Breaking: Ex-SEAL who shot bin Laden identifies himself - CNN News
Former Navy SEAL Robert O'Neill said in an interview with The Washington Post that he was the one who fired the final shot to kill Osama bin Laden in 2011. The 38-year-old Montanan also said that other SEAL team members were involved in the raid.
O'Neill, who had been serving as a SEAL for 15 years at the time of the bin Laden raid, had participated in other missions before -- but he said he feared this mission would be his most difficult. "I didn't think I would survive," he told the Post. (Read more)
- Lord God, we offer praise for the brave men who served in this unit, and who eventually took down Osama bin Laden. We ask that Your hand of protection would rest upon Robert O'Neill and his family members, as well as others whose names are mentioned in this report. We thank You, Lord, that as we call, You will answer. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- " . . . he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways . . ." (Psalm 91:11)
7. Ferguson mayor: 'Threats' across region, protests expected - CNN
Tensions in Ferguson, Missouri, have simmered since black teen Michael Brown was shot and killed by a white police officer in August.
And with a grand jury expected to soon deliver its decision on whether to indict the officer, a group that represents protesters says it wants 48-hours notice before the decision is announced so it can help prevent the St. Louis suburb from once again boiling over with anger, violence and confusion. (Read more)
- Father God, we understand from independent sources that the law enforcement officials in the town of Ferguson, Missouri, are evacuating their families early next week in anticipation of the announced verdict and the riots that may follow. Lord God, we come before You, for only You can calm the nerves and heal emotions of all involved in this dispute. Let peace reign next week in Ferguson, Missouri, we ask in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "No longer will violence be heard in your land, nor ruin or destruction within your borders, but you will call your walls Salvation and your gates Praise." (Isaiah 60:18)
8. Russia may ban circulation of US dollar -apa (Azerbaijan News)
Russia may ban the circulation of the United States dollar. . . If the bill is approved, Russian citizens will have to close their dollar accounts in Russian banks within a year and exchange their dollars in cash to Russian ruble or other countries' currencies. (Read more)
- Father, we ask Your mercy over America's economy. As actions such as this are threatened, we pray for a hedge of protection around our country.
- "Let us therefore come boldly before the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)
9. 'Foreign spies' arrested near Iranian Nuclear Facility - Times of Israel
Iranian official claimed Tuesday that state security forces arrested a number of spies in the southern province of Bushehr, home to the country's sole nuclear power plant. (Read more)
- Father, Iran's definition of "spies" is not always correct, so we pray for the truth of who was arrested and ask Your mercy around them.
- "For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; indeed you will look diligently for his place, but it shall be no more." (Psalm 37:10)
10. Worldwide Surge in 'Great' Earthquakes Seen in Past 10 Years -NBC News
The annual number of "great" earthquakes nearly tripled over the last decade, providing a reminder to Americans that unruptured faults like those in the northwest United States might be due for a Big One, NBC News reported. (Read more)
- Lord, though we stand in hope, with our eyes lifted toward You in anticipation of Your return, we also ask for grace to do the work of the Kingdom that remains.
- "I will lift up my eyes to the hills- from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121 :1)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
1. Palestinian Driver Hits Soldiers in Gush Etzion -Israel National News
Three IDF soldiers were injured in a second terror attack on Wednesday evening - this time, in an attempt to run over soldiers in Gush Etzion.
In the latest attack, a terrorist driving a Palestinian Arab commercial vehicle attempted to run over the soldiers as they were on duty near a guard stand outside of Kafr Al-Arub.
2. 'There's No Doubt We're in the Midst of a Third Intifada' -Israel National News
Davidi Perl, head of the Gush Etzion Regional Council, on Wednesday evening called on the government to fight terrorism following the second hit-and-run terror attack in Gush Etzion, in which three IDF soldiers were injured.
"The second hit-and-run attack this evening proves without any doubt that we are in the midst of a third intifada, that [Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud] Abbas stands behind by inciting and encouraging the perpetrators," said Perl.
"I call on the prime minister and defense minister to deal a decisive, forceful blow against those terrorists who are seeking to uproot us from our land. Alongside the persistent war against terrorism we must lead a national move of construction and expansion in Jerusalem, Gush Etzion and all over the land of Israel," he added.
3. Bennett Final Status Plan: Area C to Israel, PA Rule in A & B- Israel National News
In an op-ed in the New York Times Wednesday, Economics Minister Naftali Bennett laid out his vision for the future of Judea and Samaria - which entails Israel's annexing Area C, with full Palestinian sovereignty in Areas A and B, minus a military force.
The two-state solution is no solution for Israel, Bennett wrote. "Recent events in the Middle East are a reminder of how the old models of peace between Israel and the Palestinians are no longer relevant. The time has come to rethink the two-state solution." Hamas' war against Israel over the summer, the rise of ISIS, and the self-destruction of Syria have made the Middle East into a much different place than it was in 1993, when the Oslo Accords, the basis of the two-state solution.
4. Terror attack in Jerusalem kills 1; Hamas claims responsibility -ynet news
A van rammed into a group of pedestrians waiting for the Light Rail in Jerusalem on Wednesday, killing one person and wounding a number of others. The perpetrator of the attack - the second of its kind in as many weeks - was identified as a Hamas operative from East Jerusalem.
The terrorist hit two groups of people near the light rail station on Shimon Hatsadik Street in the capital, killing a Border Policeman and leaving two others with serious wounds, two in moderate condition and one with light wounds.
He then got out of his vehicle and began attacking other cars with a metal bar, at which point he was shot dead by Border Police.
5. Jordan said to review ties with Israel after reports police entered mosque -Times of Israel
Jordan warned Wednesday it will reevaluate its diplomatic ties with Israel, including its 20-year peace accord, in light of what it termed Israeli "violations" on the Temple Mount.
Government spokesman Mohammad al-Momani told Al-Jazeera that "all legal and diplomatic options are open in order to respond to the Israeli violations of the al-Aqsa mosque."
Earlier in the day the Hashemite Kingdom recalled its ambassador from Tel Aviv and moved to file a UN complaint after police clashed with stone-throwing Palestinians at the holy site Wednesday morning.
6. Jerusalem mayor: 'Aggressive force' only way to end wave of violence -Times of Israel
Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat called for "strict and fierce police work" in the wake of another terror attack in the capital on Wednesday and said he would battle for the preservation of the status quo on the Temple Mount, pushing back against those seeking to alter it from both sides.
7. INSIGHT FOR INTERCESSORS - (CHPP)
To read yesterday's alert from Israel (posted on 11/5), please go here.
Veterans Day Next Week!
Veterans Day Next Week!
Family Research Council provides resources for churches for Veteran's Day this Sunday, November 8.
[Editor's note: the following is an excerpt of an article posted today by the Family Research Council. To learn about all the FREE resources available to you to use as we honor our veterans, please go here. Thank you.]
Tony Perkins (former Marine), Lt. General Jerry Boykin (Ret.-Army), and Family Research Council are asking pastors to honor our Veterans next week by enlisting God's people to engage in the spiritual fight to end the stifling of their religious liberty! Encourage your people to:
1) Honor and pray for service members this Sunday, especially in light of those who are being discriminated against for living out their faith.
2) Contact Congressand urge that the final version of the 2015 National Defense Authorization Act include the House-passed requirement that the Department of Defense issue regulations protecting religious expression of service members and chaplains. The Capitol Switchboard is (202) 224-3121 or visit www.FRC.org and click on Contact Officials.
3) Spread the word about MilitaryFreedom.org, which provides an anonymous, confidential form for service members seeking to report religious liberty violations and to obtain legal advice.
If America's pastors sound the alarm about what is happening to our brothers and sisters in the Armed Forces, this once unimaginable behavior, fueled by political appointees and radical secular activists, can be stopped. Now is the time for God's people both to pray and take action!
Standing for Faith, Family and Freedom,
Dr. Kenyn M. Cureton
Vice President for Church Ministries
Family Research Council
The Daily Jot
The Emperor's delusional rant, or not
The president held his post-election news conference Wednesday afternoon. He rattled off a list of items that he thinks his presidency has improved for the American people such as higher income, more jobs, and lower deficits. He is delusional to think that we are better off because of him. More people are receiving government benefits than are working; the per capita income of $28,184 has declined 6% since he took office; 38% of the workforce has given up on getting a job; and the US is carrying record debt of nearly $18 trillion. He is delusional on a lot of things, even promising executive orders when Congress won't accept his agenda. But there may be something for which is not so delusional.
He said, "I'm hoping that the kind of attitude and approach that Mitch McConnell and John Boehner have already expressed, their desire to get things done, allows us to find some common ground....And my commitment to them -- and I've said this when I spoke to them -- is, is that anywhere where we can find common ground, I'm eager to pursue it....my interactions with Mitch McConnell, he has always been very straightforward with me. To his credit, he has never made a promise that he couldn't deliver...he has always given me, I think, realistic assessments of what he can get through his caucus and what he can't. And so I think we can have a productive relationship."
These are most disturbing words. The voters tossed out Democrats because Americans were done with the Islamic-Marxist policies of this "president." Voters overwhelmingly want socialist health care repealed; marriage restored; government spending restrained and government spying/bullying stopped. Getting along with and finding common ground with the "president" is not why the Republicans were given the majority. While the "president" may be delusional on what he believes he has accomplished to improve the "middle class," he doesn't seem too delusional on his assessment of McConnell and Boehner. They have six years of compromising, hardly opposing him.
Republicans should remove McConnell and Boehner from their leadership positions and begin the next Congress with leadership that reflects the will of the people. I, for one, did not cast my vote to elect leaders to find common ground with what I believe to be evil. 2 Corinthians 6:14,15 says, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what harmony has Christ with Belial? or what part has he that believes with an infidel?" Granted, it is likely that not all who were elected are disciples of Christ, but we know by his fruits the "president's" discipleship. We must demand and expect accountability.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Pray for France!
France National Day of Repentance
November 7, 2014
The following message was received from friends in France. Please note that this is the first time that the saints in France have declared a National Day of Repentance! We know that their words will touch your heart as you read the message that follows.
Vive la France!
We are asking for your Intercessory Prayer assistance on November 7th, to pray for France. French Christian leaders are calling for a National Day of Repentance in response to the social unrest throughout their country.
As France has moved off of it's Christian foundations towards a more secularized society, including areas that are controlled unofficially by Shariah law, anarchy and chaos has begun to reign. There have been riots in Paris and Jews have begun to depart for fear of their personal safety.
There is perhaps no greater indicator of a country's decline than that of the Exodus of Jewish people. In history and in the Bible, this is an indicator that destruction and Judgment is IMMINENT.
It's time for a true unity of the brethren with a fresh holy spirit of oneness. Let all of France sing out with true "Liberte, Egalite and Fraternite" that ONLY arises from a society that is securely anchored to the Rock solid Foundation of Jesus Christ and His Holy Word. Amen.
So please join us in utilizing these prayer points as you intercede for France. (To read the 12 prayer points, please go here.)
A Special Post-Election Prayer
A Special Post-Election Prayer
[Submitted by a prayer partner in northern VA]
I urge you and all who pray for our nation to please pray with the same fervency and urgency now as leading up to these elections. The enemy wants us to sit down after winning this battle (like we have sat down after other victories) and got back to life as usual. We must be committed to righteousness the same way our opponents are committed to working evil.
--Pray for repentant hearts.
--Pray for strength, courage and boldness for those elected to office to stand firm.
--Pray for the church that we are filled with the glory of God.
--Pray we do not deny Him in our daily walk by words, by actions or by passivity
--Pray we go through the firery trials set before us rather than praying to escape them [James 1:2, IPet 1:6]
--Pray we remember that judgement and discipline is for our good. [Heb. 12:5-9]
A SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM BILLY GRAHAM
As Billy Graham Turns 96, Millions are Expected to See a Never-Before-Seen Message by the Legendary Evangelist
"Please pray for my father, and for those who will watch this film-that they too may know the peace found in Jesus Christ." -Franklin Graham
(Charlotte, NC)-At 96 years old, Billy Graham's desire to share hope with the world is as strong as ever. On Nov. 7, the day Graham celebrates his birthday, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association will debut Heaven, a film that includes a never-before-seen message from Billy Graham.
Graham's message was recorded last year, while the aging yet still passionate evangelist worked with a camera crew to capture his thoughts in a series of interviews at his home in Montreat.
"I know I'm going to Heaven. I'm looking forward to it with great anticipation," said Graham, who explains in the film how people can share that same hope.
When Graham celebrated his 95th birthday last year in Asheville, 800 guests gathered to watch "The Cross", a 30-minute program that was the first of a five-year project called My Hope with Billy Graham. The 2013 film was the largest outreach ever conducted by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, shared through thousands of churches and watched by hundreds of thousands on television in the U.S. and Canada. This year, My Hope will have a special focus in the United Kingdom as more than 9,000 churches in the country are participating in the outreach.
For his 96th birthday, Graham plans a more subdued evening at home enjoying the company of family members who plan to visit him during the week of his birthday. However, he hopes people will join him in watching "Heaven," the latest "My Hope with Billy Graham" film. (Charisma and Breaking Christian News) Read more here.
- Lord God, as we read this heartcry of this great evangelist to reach out to the lost, we are reminded that just this very week, many of pled Your Shed Blood over every polling place in the nation. Millions of souls then entered those sites, walking across that Blood line. Lord, we believe their hearts can now be pierced to begin to receive Your Word. Lord God, we ask for a harvest of souls as we bless this great man on his birthday this weekend, Rev. Billy Graham.
- "The Lord is . . . not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Brian Doerksen - Change Me On The Inside
"There's only one way that I'm going to change: Change me on the inside . . . "