Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, November 7, 2014
"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked rule, the people mourn." (Proverbs 29:2)
"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; Lest the LORD see it, and it displease Him, And He turn away His wrath from him." (Proverbs 24:17)
Please note: our "streamlined edition" of the Brief will be published again this week. This will allow our staff time to prepare for our upcoming Annual Meeting of our Board of Directors. Our next full edition of the Brief will be published next Monday, Nov. 10. Thank you.
". . . the glory of the LORD filled the temple. . ." (2 Chronicles 5:14)
The Daily Brief
1. IRS Commissioner Predicts Miserable 2015 Tax Filing Season - Forbes
Internal Revenue Service Commissioner John Koskinen warned that close to half the people trying to reach the IRS by phone might not get through during the upcoming 2015 tax filing season. . . . Congress keeps passing laws that the IRS has to implement, namely the Affordable Care Act ("ACA") and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act ("FATCA")...Koskinen said the IRS requested $430 million in 2014 from Congress. . . but got zero. . .
- We need wisdom God, to resist any fear or anxiety connected to this report. Help us to pursue and trust You enough to honor You in every circumstance in which we find ourselves. We pray that You will prevail even in the midst of all these budget cuts, tax provisions, and the lame duck session or any form of dishonest gain or ungodly schemes. We ask forgiveness for those who go beyond what wisdom and the law dictates. We thank You that through prayer we can renew our trust in Your faithfulness.
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Phillipians 4:6)
2. Report: Obama Raises 'Centrifuge Ceiling' in Iran Deal - Israel National News
Number of centrifuges allegedly raised from 4,000 to 6,000 - as Obama is rumored to be desperate to strike a deal.The Obama administration may be covertly allowing Iran's nuclear program to enrich more uranium than in initial agreements, a state-approved Iranian website said Wednesday - amid reports that he is looking to bypass congressional approval for a full-fledged nuclear deal.
- God, we ask that these long standing offenses may be healed by the forgiveness which comes from You, that we as Your people will act in Your reconciling power as we pray for the president. Please frustrate the plans of the enemy to break the spiritual and social powers holding back Your will from being accomplished. That the sanctions against Iran not be lifted, and keep the president from bypassing Congressional Approval for this nuclear deal.
- For our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against rulers, authorities, against powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.(Ephesians 6:12)
3. Ted Cruz rips Christians who don't vote - WND
'Is it any wonder we have the government we have today?'
- Forgive those who for what ever reason did not vote. We as Christians should be examples of righteousness in our society, to speak truth and carry out the duties granted to us as citizens of this country. We are called to be vessels of integrity to advance God's justice for this nation. We declare and pray Your word over us, "Blessed is the Nation whose God is the Lord". (Psalm 33:12.) We pray this in the Mighty Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.(Romans 13:1)
4. Federal Court Upholds Bans Against 'Gay Marriage' in 4 States - CNSNews.com
A federal appeals court on Thursday upheld anti-gay marriage laws in four states, breaking ranks with other courts that have considered the issue and setting up the prospect of Supreme Court review.
- Father God, we stand in the gap for those on the Federal Court, that they be granted wisdom, knowledge, and understanding - not that of the worlds - but rely fully on God's word that they be God fearing and realize that they are accountable for every decision and act. We also pray for those who are in rebellion against God, who have exchanged the truth for a lie. We ask for the conviction of the Holy Spirit and the power to resist temptation that begins with fulfilling our own desires. Thank You for Your mercy and love extended to us even before we ever knew You.
- What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?(James 4:1)
5. 100% of Newly Elected GOP Senators Campaigned on Repealing Obamacare - CNSNews.com
Every new GOP senator who won in the election campaigned on repealing Obamacare.
- Father, may these GOP senators fulfill their promises to repeal Obamacare, and bring more affordable solutions.
- "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.' (Matthew 5:33)
6. Boehner: We Will 'Move to Repeal Obamacare' - CNSNews.com
House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Thursday that the House will vote next year on repealing Obamacare, and although he's confident it will pass the House, he's not sure whether it will fare so well in the Senate. "The House I'm sure at some point next year will move to repeal Obamacare, because it should be repealed and it should be replaced with common sense reforms that respect the doctor/patient relationship," Boehner said.
"Whether that can pass the Senate, I don't know, but I know in the House it'll pass, but we're gonna pass it. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't do other things. There are bipartisan bills that have passed the House, sitting in the Senate, that would in fact make changes to Obamacare," he said.
- Father, we pray that with the new leadership, changes will be made to Obamacare in both the House and the Senate. We pray these new leaders will be men and women of truth - who fear God, and hate dishonest gain.
- "Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens. (Exodus 18:21)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
1. Coordinated blasts target Fatah officials in Gaza -Times of Israel
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) - A series of coordinated explosions targeted the homes of several leaders of President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah Party in the Gaza Strip early Friday, a party official said.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but the explosions occurred at a time of rising tensions with the rival Hamas movement.
2. Netanyahu orders house demolitions for Jerusalem terrorist -Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu instructed officials Thursday to demolish the homes of the terrorists who had perpetrated attacks in Jerusalem, according to Israel Radio.
The prime minister called an emergency session Thursday on the clashes in Jerusalem, with Justice Minister Tzipi Livni, Internal Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovitch, Police chief Yohanan Danino, and Shin Bet head Yoram Cohen in attendance.
During the meeting, Netanyahu called to implement more severe measures against the Jerusalem rioters, including destroying the homes of terrorists who committed attacks in Jerusalem, increasing administrative detentions and issuing additional restraining orders.
3. Erdogan calls Israel's methods on Temple Mount 'barbaric' -Times of Israel
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan called Israeli actions on the Temple Mount "barbaric and despicable" on Thursday, Turkish news agency Anadolu reported.
In a press conference before departing for Turkmenistan, Erdogan added that "Israel is preparing the ground for the failure of inter-religious and inter-ethnic dialogue around the world."
4. Top US general: Israel protected civilian lives in Gaza -Times of Israel
Israel went to "extraordinary lengths" to prevent civilian casualties during this summer's conflict in the Gaza Strip, the top US military leader said Thursday.
"I actually do think that Israel went to extraordinary lengths to limit collateral damage and civilian casualties," said General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, during a forum at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in New York City.
5. Firefighter Dies in Massive Ammonia Leak -Israel National News
One person was killed on Thursday evening in a hazardous substances event in the Emek Hefer region, in north-central Israel, as ammonia gas leaked from the Hod Hefer slaughterhouse. The ammonia is used for cooling, and it is believed that pipes in the plant cracked or were cut.
A total of 16 people were injured, one classified as being in moderate condition. One firefighter, originally declared missing inside the Hod Hefer factory, was later found dead.
6. Arabs Open Fire at Police Car in Binyamin Region -Israel National News
Arabs opened fire towards a passing police car in the Binyamin region on Thursday night. No one was hurt.
The officers in the police car said they heard gunshots being fired and drove a few hundred meters, before stopping and discovering eight bullet marks on the car.
Security forces are searching the area looking for those responsible for the attack.
Statement by FRC
Statement by Family Research Council:
FRC Applauds Sixth Circuit Ruling
Upholding the Freedom to Affirm Natural Marriage
November 06, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Family Research Council President Tony Perkins released the following statement praising the decision released this afternoon by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit which upheld the freedom of voters through their elected representatives to define marriage as the union of a man and a woman:
"We applaud the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit for upholding the freedom of the people to define marriage as the union of a man and woman. The Sixth Circuit rightly recognizes that the Constitution does not demand that this modern redefinition of marriage be forced on the States. The American people simply will not accept a nationwide redefinition of marriage imposed on them by a judicial oligarchy.
"As the debate continues, recent polls and the election demonstrate that support for marriage redefinition is stalling as Americans begin to experience and consider the consequences for religious freedom, free speech, and parental rights.
"Where marriage is redefined, parents are increasingly finding a wedge being driven between them and their children as school curricula is changed to contradict the morals parents are teaching their children. And as more and more people lose their livelihoods because they refuse to not just tolerate but celebrate same-sex marriage, many Americans are beginning to see that this is about far more than the marriage alter, but is about fundamentally altering society," concluded Perkins.
The Daily Jot
The perils of cleaning house
The last time we cleaned house-during the Reagan Revolution-we voted out the scalawags and turned Congress over to the hirelings. Then we went on about our business thinking those who we supported would take care of business. But over time, they eventually pillaged the storehouse, which is us. We The People have only accomplished a baby step by voting out the evildoers. We have to take the leap in holding these scoundrels accountable. Boehner and McConnell have done nothing in six years to combat this evil before us. In fact, they have aided and abetted it by their lack of opposition. We simply must, like the citizens in the founding revolution, hold them accountable. And that will take vigilance.
The message I sent yesterday to Mitch McConnell and John Boehner: "We gave you a Republican majority to reverse, revoke and repeal the bad Marxist government of [sic "the president"], not to find common ground with him, as he seems to think you will do. It cannot be business as usual, you must do a better job as an opposition leader." The message I sent to each member of the Senate and House leadership: "We gave you a Republican majority to reverse, revoke and repeal the bad Marxist government of [sic "the president"], not to find common ground with him. McConnell and Boehner need to be removed as [sic "the president"] seems to think they will work with him rather than take a stand. It cannot be business as usual. Please do the right thing."
Yes, we have cleaned house, but when the leadership that remains says they will do what they can to work with the "president," they have already forgotten the message that was so earnestly sent the night before. They only regard our effort that they have gained more power. If we the voters let up even a breath, they will sink into their fleshly existence. Time to put the spurs on and ride these horses into the battle. We need to commit them to a war against common ground--a war from which they cannot back out. These officeholders need to stand on the island of Courage, Righteousness, and Common Sense. And We The People need to burn the ships so they cannot escape from the island.
We cannot afford to fall asleep at the switch or we will lose what we have gained. Establish accountability teams in every district and hold these that we elected accountable on every issue. Like Nehemiah who rebuilt the wall--set up shifts, assign issues, and keep the sword to their backsides. There is a Biblical principle here found in Luke 11:24-26, "When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walks through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he says, I will return unto my house from which I came out.And when he comes, he finds it swept and in order.Then he goes, and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first." Don't allow our nation to be that man.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Fathers's House Lament
"Father Your house is divided by ambitious pride. Father Your house is filled with unbelief and whitewashed lies. Fashion Your love into a cord of discipline. Drive out the blinding darkness once again . . . Father, forgive us."