Urgent Call to Prayer!
See below . . .
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Monday, November 4, 2013
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Monday, November 4, 2013
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you." (Isaiah 43:2)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
Our Weekly Bible Studies:
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Submitted by Susan L. Turner
The Daily Brief
1. Election Day Tomorrow!
a) Virginia race seen as crucial election bellwether - Yahoo news
The semi-rural, increasingly diverse state of Virginia elects a new governor Tuesday in the most watched US race of the year, as political parties jockey for supremacy ahead of 2014 and 2016 elections. Politicians, pollsters and analysts are eager to see if the state's dramatic demographic transformation will scrape out a win for Democrats or whether its southern traditional values boosted by Tea Party conservatism will carry the day. (Read more)
b) Gov. Chris Christie well-positioned for win in New Jersey gubernatorial race: poll - Washington Times
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is looking strong heading into the final weeks of his re-election campaign. A new Rutgers-Eagleton poll shows that more than six in 10 voters have a favorable view of the tough-talking Republican governor. (Read more)
- We do ask special intercession tomorrow for the election for Governor in the State of Virginia. Ken Cuccinelli is running on the Republican ticket, and Terry McAuliffe is the Democratic candidate, and the race is very tight. We ask our Lord to direct the hearts of the voters in this state to cast their votes with wisdom, and for righteousness to prevail in the Governor's mansion in Richmond. In His Name, amen.
- "But select capable men from all the people--men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain--and appoint them as officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens." (Exodus 18:21)
2. Food stamp cuts create high demand for food bank supplies - USA Today
Food banks across the country, stretched thin in the aftermath of the recession, are bracing for more people coming through their doors in the wake of cuts to the federal food stamp program. Food stamp benefits to 47 million Americans were cut starting Friday as a temporary boost to the federal program comes to an end without new funding from a deadlocked Congress. (Read more)
- Lord, we turn the care of this food stamp program over on You. We pray for those who truly need food stamps. Supernaturally provide for these individuals and families. In Jesus name.
- "Only, they asked us to remember the poor the very thing I was eager to do." (Galatians 2:10)
3. New DoD Manual: Warns of so-called "White Male Club" - FOX NEWS
A controversial 600-plus page manual used by the military to train its Equal Opportunity officers teaches that "healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian" men hold an unfair advantage over other races, and warns in great detail about a so-called "White Male Club." "Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege," reads a statement in the manual created by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI). (Read more) http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/31/pentagon-training-manual-white-males-have-unfair-advantages/
- Talk about an issue of "reverse racism"! As word about this new policy becomes public, we ask our Lord to move upon the hearts of our people to raise up a huge public outcry against it . . . such that the authorities in DoD will have to scrap this training manual and start over. We say: "Not on our watch!" In His Name, amen.
- "Since they hid their net for me without cause and without cause dug a pit for me, may ruin overtake them by surprise- may the net they hid entangle them, may they fall into the pit, to their ruin." (Psalm 35:7,8)
4. Ted Cruz criticizes DOJ for arguing international treaty can trump the Constitution - Washington Examiner
Justice Department attorneys are advancing an argument at the Supreme Court that could allow the government to invoke international treaties as a legal basis for policies such as gun control that conflict with the U.S. Constitution, according to Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas. Their argument is that a law implementing an international treaty signed by the U.S. allows the federal government to prosecute a criminal case that would normally be handled by state or local authorities. That is a dangerous argument, according to Cruz. (Read more)
- Once again, we thank the Lord for the wisdom of our Founding Fathers, who wrote our Constitution to preserve our liberties as free citizens. Accordingly, no treaty can become law until 2/3 of the Senate passes it into law. Hence, this latest scheme by the administration fails the test of the law of the land. Apply the Blood of the Lamb over our Constitution and enter into spiritual warfare for its preservation. We appeal to the Judge in Heaven, our Most High God, to undertake this battle for us, turning the minds of those in authority to uphold our cause. We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; it is he who will save us." (Isaiah 33:22)
5. Supreme Court to Consider Religious Prayer at Government Meetings - Religion Today
In a case that could determine restrictions on expressions of faith in the public square, the Supreme Court on Wednesday (Nov. 6) will consider religious prayers that convene government meetings. At issue in Greece v. Galloway is whether such invocations pass constitutional muster, even when government officials are not purposefully proselytizing or discriminating. (Read more)
> > > Please note: The National Day of Prayer Task Force will host a nationwide conference call to pray over this issue on Wed., Nov. 6. More information is listed further down this page.
- We have been tracking this story, in prayer, for several weeks now, and we praise God for the many other ministries that are doing the same. The hour has now come for this hearing to take place on Wednesday, November 6th. Please be in earnest prayer that morning as the attorneys who are arguing in support of our right to welcome invocations in our public gatherings go before the Supreme Court to plead their case. May righteousness exalt this nation, and may each one's mind be that of the mind of Christ. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "'When one rules over people in righteousness, when he rules in the fear of God, he is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings grass from the earth.'" (Samuel 23: 3,4)
6. John Kerry: Some NSA spying went too far - BBC
US Secretary of State John Kerry has said that in some cases, US spying has gone too far. Mr Kerry is the most senior Obama administration official to have commented directly on an issue that has upset America's European allies. He said he will work with the president to prevent further inappropriate acts by the National Security Agency. (Read more)
- Father, repair America's reputation and relationship with our European allies. Help us to use wisdom in all our actions.
- "Through presumption comes nothing but strife, But with those who receive counsel is wisdom." (Proverbs 13:10)
7. ALERT! China unveils strategic map for a nuclear submarine attack on U.S. cities - Washington Times
Chinese state-run media revealed for the first time this week that Beijing's nuclear submarines can attack American cities as a means to counterbalance U.S. nuclear deterrence in the Pacific. The article features 30 photos and graphics detailing, among other things, damage projections for Seattle and Los Angeles after being hit by Chinese nuclear warheads and the deadly radiation that would spread all the way to Chicago. (Read more and to view this map, go here.)
- Father, protect us from any, and all possible attacks from China. Give our leaders wisdom and direction regarding this news about China.
- "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]." (Ephesians 6:12 )
8. Israel Is Furious At Obama For The 'Scandalous' Leak That It Bombed Syria This Week - Business Insider
Israel is incensed that the Obama administration confirmed a recent Israeli airstrike on Syria's coast, The Times of Israel reports. Late Wednesday night a Syrian base in the coastal area of Latakia - which held Russian-made surface-to-air missile systems - was destroyed. The immediate speculation was that Israel was involved, but that wasn't certain until an unnamed White House official confirmed it to CNN. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that You continue to protect America's relationship with Israel. Forgive us as a nation that continues to undermine their efforts. May we support Israel to the fullest extent. In Jesus Name.
- "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." (Genesis 12:3)
9. Head of Taliban Killed in U.S. Drone Strike - Israel National News
The head of the Pakistani Taliban has been killed in a U.S. drone strike, Sky News reports, according to U.S. and Pakistani officials. A senior U.S. intelligence official confirmed the strike, adding that the U.S. has received positiveconfirmation that Hakimullah Mehsud has been killed. (Read more)
- We are grateful to know that the war on terror has not ended, and that dangerous enemies are indeed still meeting their fate at the hands of the U.S. military. Having stated that, however, as Kingdom prayer warriors, we pray that many other Islamic terrorists will take note and realize that eternity is but a breath away. May all repent and come to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, while there is yet time.
- " . . . God our Savior . . . wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." (I Timothy 2:3,4)
10. Iran: Protesters swarm former US Embassy in Tehran - (AP)
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Tens of thousands of demonstrators packed the streets Monday outside the former U.S. Embassy in Tehran in the biggest anti-American rally in years, a show of support for hard-line opponents of President Hassan Rouhani's historic outreach to Washington.
Such protests occur every year outside the former embassy compound to mark the anniversary of the 1979 takeover following the Islamic Revolution. But the latest demonstration is the largest in years after calls by groups such as the powerful Revolutionary Guard for a major showing, including chants of "death to America" that some of Rouhani's backers have urged halted. (Read more)
- Pray for the safety of any American citizens who are in Iran at this time. May the Host of Heaven protect each one.
- "If you say, "The Lord is my refuge," and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent." (Psalm 91:9,10)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" (Genesis 18:25b)
1. Israel to US: Syria raid leak 'endangers our national security' - Times of Israel
Israel conveyed a series of bitter protests to the White House and to others in the US administration over the weekend over the Obama administration's confirmation that it was the Israeli Air Force that struck a military base near the Syrian port city of Latakia last Wednesday.
2. Khamenei: Israel is 'illegitimate, bastard' regime - Ynet News
Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Sunday Israel is 'illegitimate, bastard' regime. He further expressed pessimism about talks with world powers over its disputed nuclear program but backed them.
3. Bolton: Israel must make 'fateful decision' on Iran strike - WND
Israel does not have much time to make a "fateful decision" about whether to strike Iran's nuclear sites, former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton said Sunday in a radio interview.
4. John Kerry: U.S. won't allow attacks on Mideast partners - Washington Times
U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry, in an apparent warning to Iran, tried to reassure America's Arab friends on Sunday that the United States will not allow them to be attacked "from outside."
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)
New Threats Against Christian Lawyers Fighting False Blasphemy Accusations - Salem News
Human rights and Christian rights defender and campaigner Mr. Sardar Mushtaq Gill received new death threats as a result of his human rights activities.
Sardar Mushtaq Gill is the National Director of Legal Evangelical Association Development (LEAD) in Punjab, a non-governmental organization which provides legal aid to marginalized people who are either falsely implicated by the police or unable to afford legal assistance themselves and evangelize to non-Christian in Pakistan.
On 9th March, 2013 more than 180 houses, 18 shops and two small churches in Joseph Colony were attacked, looted and burnt by over 3,000 people in a religious charged mob. The event which sparked the chain of events that led to the assault was said to have occurred on Wednesday, March 06, 2013.
A division bench of the Lahore High Court granted bail to some accused involved in the Joseph Colony incident. Following this precedent and by applying rule of consistency, the trial court also granted bail to all accused nominated in the FIR and non-nominated in FIR who were arrested and those who were not arrested, were granted pre-arrest bail.
LEAD's lawyers had petitioned the Lahore High Court on Tuesday, 4 June, 2013 to cancel the bail granted to "Culprits of Joseph Colony incident" and they also asked for the detention of the released men amid allegations of new threats against Christians.
LEAD's lawyers are constantly threatened by unknown persons to withdraw the cancellation of bail petition. The case was set for 31 October, 2013, but LEAD's lawyers could not appear in the court due to fear and apprehension of any attack and mishaps.
Meanwhile, Sawan Masih, falsely accused of Blasphemy, who remains behind bars over the Badami Bagh incident was kept in a special cell at Camp Jail in Lahore with the deployment of round the clock armed guards.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Affordable Care Act--Government's license to spy on you
If the White House can get it up and running, healthcare.gov has the possibility and the likelihood of becoming the most comprehensive spy database in the history of America specifically aimed at Americans. If you can even attempt to sign up for socialized healthcare, you will soon see that the information collected on you is incredible. This information by law will be shared across governmental departments and agencies to track your every movement. First, we know that the IRS is administering the program. That, in of itself, should be alarming to every American. But what you may not know is the rest of the story--who gets your information and who, mandated by law, cross-checks it under the guise of "eligibility."
Under "Subpart B--Eligibility Determinations," the Affordable Care Act states that every enrollee must provide their Social Security number. This number is entered into the government database to ostensibly verify your citizenship. Which would, in turn, verify your eligibility. The exchange then submits the social security number AND the "information provided by an applicant" to the Secretary of Health and Human Services. The HHS Secretary then submits the information to the "Secretary of Homeland Security...for a determination as to whether the information provided is consistent with the information in the records of the Secretary of Homeland Security."
This is a legal license to violate your Constitutional right to privacy, and by providing it on the healthcare.gov site, you voluntarily give the government permission to spy on you and use your information across its vast spy network from the IRS to HHS to Homeland Security. My advice: DO NOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION TO THIS SITE. The government does not even have the ability to protect your information. The Heritage Foundation, for example, documents users whose healthcare information was shared with others in another state--just for submitting info to evaluate options after their healthcare plan was cancelled by insurers.
The Fourth Amendment reads: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." There was a reason the Founding Fathers didn't want an overreaching government to seize your personal items. People are killed every day in other countries for opposing the government in the slightest of ways. But under socialized medicine, you are voluntarily giving up your Fourth Amendment rights to whatever the government wants to accuse you of. Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." This socialized healthcare is tremendous deception.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Urgent Call to Prayer!
Urgent Call to Prayer!
Join Shirley Dobson and a panel of special guests as we pray for legislative prayer in America. Asking for God's blessing on public meetings is a cherished American tradition that began more than 225 years ago. And yet on November 6, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear a pivotal case regarding the long-standing constitutional right to have legislative bodies open with a voluntary prayer. The outcome of this case could substantially impact our freedom to pray in this nation.
WHAT'S AT STAKE:
1. The continuation of the public prayer tradition that began with our founding fathers.
2. The freedom of community volunteers to pray according to their faith in a public setting without censorship.
3. The preservation of freedom of speech in the face of one "offended" person's demands for censorship.
4. The foundational American principle of freedom of religion.
Alliance Defending Freedom and its allies are defending public prayer before the U.S. Supreme Court on November 6. In support, the National Day of Prayer Task Force is issuing a clarion call to prayer and asking you to join with us on this National Prayer Call for the future of America. As part of the prayer call, an attorney with Alliance Defending Freedom will share more about what this case means for our nation and what we can expect.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 6
TIME: 1:00-2:00 p.m. Eastern Time Zone
HOW: Call 712-432-0075 (enter PIN: 4961322#)
To learn more, click here.
Obamacare: Obama Lied
Obamacare: Obama Lied
More than a month into the disastrous rollout of Obamacare, hundreds of millions of your hard-earned tax dollars have been wasted on a website that does not work.
Worse, millions of Americans are finding out that they were lied to -- they cannot keep their current health care plans or their doctors. America deserves better.
Please share this video with your friends and family members. Help spread the word!
Gary Bauer, President
Campaign for Working Families
US 'Will Force' Israel-PA Deal
US 'Will Force' Israel-PA Deal
The United States intends to try and force a peace agreement on Israel and the Palestinian Authority (PA), IDF Radio reported Monday.
The radio station says the US has informed Israel and the Palestinian Authority that if negotiations between them do not advance, Washington will propose its own solution, that will include a US position on every point that is in contention. In effect, according to the report, this will be an attempt to force the sides to agree on a solution formulated by the US.
MK Zehava Galon (Meretz) was quoted as saying Monday that senior US officials told her the US offer would be presented in January of 2014. PA sources also said cited January as the month in which the US intends to propose, or impose, its plan.
The US moves comes after three months of talks between the sides which have reportedly made very little headway.
The US plan reportedly is similar to the Clinton outline, offered by President Bill Clinton in late 2000, which is based on an Israeli retreat to 1949 Armistice lines, and some swaps of territory.
The Obama Administration is reportedly determined to achieve "a diplomatic breakthrough" by mid-2014, and believes that Israel under Binyamin Netanyahu and the PA under Mahmoud Abbas are capable of reaching agreement.
Until now, the talks were based on the idea that the two sides negotiate directly, with the US only acting as a mediator.
The American decision to present a proposed agreement was reportedly communicated by several senior officials, including the Special Representative to the talks, Martin Indyk. Secretary of State John Kerry reportedly briefed Netanyahu on the matter when they last met, in Italy.
IDF Radio is run by the Israeli military and partially staffed by soldiers but is considered to be a mainstream news outlet that is not substantially different from mainstream civilian outlets. (Israel National News) Read more.
We decree and declare the peace of Messiah Yeshua over that Land and impotence of power to all individuals and removal from positions of authority of all those who participate in talk and/or activity that is counter to the plan and desire of the Lord Most High and the King of kings. Thank You Father God, for sending forth Your Spirit, warrior angels, guardian angels, ministering angels and people who love Israel - Your land and Your people - to protect, guide, fight for, comfort and bring the Jewish people into unity with Yourself. In Your Mighty Name, we offer this prayer, amen and amen! (Submitted by a prayer partner in the State of Texas)
"Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me. Take up shield and armor; arise and come to my aid. Brandish spear and javelin[a] against those who pursue me." (Psalm 35:1-3)
The Good News Corner
Vandalized Ten Commandments monument rededicated
The monument of the Ten Commandments in front of Faith and Action ministry center directly behind the Supreme Court which was vandalized and toppled to the ground on its face has been re-dedicated at a service on Capitol Hill. (Read more)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today
I NEED YOU MORE
More than the air I breathe
More than the song I sing
More than the next heartbeat
More than anything
And Lord as time goes by
I'll be by Your side
Cause I never want to go back to my old life
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!