New! BILLION SOULS REVIVAL PRAYER CALL: Daily Prayers for Worldwide Revival (see below)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, August 6, 2013
"He is at my right hand, so that I will not be shaken." (Acts 2:25)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Report: CIA moved missiles out of Libya to Syria's rebels - Ynet News
Members of Congress are seeking an investigation into covert CIA efforts to move surface-to-air missiles out of Libya, through Turkey, and into the hands of Syrian rebels, CNN reported over the weekend.
- Lord, we pray that all of these investigations will expose the truth and that there will be accountability where needed. We pray for the right people to be carrying out these investigations. We pray for all of the members of Congress, for their spirits, hearts, eyes, ears, and minds, to be opened to know and understand what is going on. We are all accountable to You, Lord. Deliver us from wicked men. Give us men of faith to expose any wrongdoings. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith." (2 Thessalonians 3:2)
2. Congressional leaders agree on drastic response to al Qaeda terrorist threat - Washington Times
Key Democratic and Republican members of Congress said Sunday that the terrorism threat reportedly triggered by an intercepted message between senior al Qaeda operatives is the most serious threat in years, with some warning that the threat is an indication the terrorist group responsible for the 9/11 attacks still poses a significant danger to the U.S.
- Lord, we continue to pray for protection for our country. Many plots have been exposed and stopped and we thank You for that. We especially thank You there were no attacks last weekend on August 4th, as had been predicted. Now, we pray that these new threats be thwarted as well. We pray especially for our embassies, and for the protection of our troops.
Lord, have mercy on us and remember all the prayers that have gone up for this country. Lord, we pray for salvations in the al Qaeda group as well. May terrorists come to know and have a conscious awareness of the terror of the Lord and fear the Lord and His judgment. Have mercy on us and protect us we pray. In the name of Jesus we ask. Amen.
- "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to what he has done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences." (2 Corinthians 5:10-11)
3. Congress to get Obamacare fix: reports - Market Watch
The White House has approved a deal that will create a regulatory fix for members of Congress and their staff related to some of the provisions of the Affordable Care Act, according to media reports. Under the law, popularly referred to as Obamacare, lawmakers and their aides were required to source health insurance "created" by the law or offered through one of its exchanges; and without the subsidies they currently have, the members of Congress would have faced thousands of dollars in additional premium payments each year, the reports said. However, the Office of Personnel Management now plans to rule that the government can continue to make a contribution to the health-care premiums of the lawmakers and their staff, according to unnamed congressional sources and a White House official.
- Lord, Congress has now seen how the Affordable Health Care Act would raise their own rates for health care insurance, so they have worked a "deal" to exempt themselves from the onerous burden of this system. We ask You to forgive them, for they know not what they do . . . even as they continue to place this burden on the shoulders of the American people. Lord God, we ask You to move upon their hearts and to cause them to give us a "fix" by repealing and/or defunding the Affordable Health Care Act. Lord, You are the ultimate healer and fixer. Continue to reveal the trouble of the Affordable Health Care Act to all, we pray. Please show our people how to really fix these health issues. In the name of Jesus, our Healer, we pray. Amen.
- "We looked for peace, but no good came; and for a time of health, and behold trouble!" (Jeremiah 9:15)
4. FBI pressures Internet providers to install surveillance software - CNet
The U.S. government is quietly pressuring telecommunications providers to install eavesdropping technology deep inside companies' internal networks to facilitate surveillance efforts.
- Lord, we know that You hear and see all that is happening in these surveillance problems. We pray that there be continued exposure and correction. We pray that people will hear and see what is right to do and will no longer give in to wrong pressures.
- "Yet they say, the Lord shall not see, neither shall the the God of Jacob regard it. Understand, you brutish among the people; and you fools, when will you be wise? He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? He that formed the eye, shall he not see?" (Psalm 94:8:9)
5. Unemployment Falls To 7.4 Percent in July; Job Growth Slows - Washington Times
The nation's unemployment rate last month dropped from 7.6 percent to 7.4 percent, the lowest level in 4½ years, as businesses added another 162,000 jobs, the Labor Department reported Friday morning. While the jobless rate has fallen quickly from over 8 percent in the last year, overall job growth has slowed.
- Father, we thank You for the good news of this small, but appreciated, drop in the unemployment rate. We ask that this trend will continue, and expand, as people are looking for work . . . especially with the healthcare issue beginning in early 2014. Many are hoping to be employed by then so they will have health insurance. We thank You that You have promised to meet our needs, not just spiritually, but in the natural realm as well. We pray Your people will be encouraged, and those who do not know You will seek You and find You. Amen.
- " Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And yet not one of them is forgotten or uncared for in the presence of God. But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not be struck with fear or seized with alarm; you are of greater worth than many flocks of sparrows." (Luke 12:6,7)
6. 77 Percent of 2013 Jobs Were Part-time Positions - Washington Times
Fully 77 percent of positions added to the market in 2013 have been part-time, in contrast to the positive economic news making the media rounds, according to payroll reports released in recent weeks. Only a handful of the positions have been full-time, benefit-providing opportunities, one economic analyst reported on the figures.
- Abba, this is of great concern. As folks need full time jobs, so as to have employer-shared healthcare, we see that small businesses are finding they must reduce their employees, and limit them to part-time jobs, so as to not have to provide healthcare, and thereby go out of business. It is a tough problem on both ends of this strong-arm legislation being forced upon us. We ask for relief from this burden, Father, and we join our voices and agreement with those who are asking that this healthcare legislation be defunded, and/or cancelled and reversed. We beg for Your mercy, Abba, hear our prayer and save us! Amen.
- "Hear my cry, O God; listen to myprayer. From the end of the earth will I cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed and fainting; lead me to the rock that is higher than I [yes, a rock that is too high for me].For You have been a shelter and a refuge for me, a strong tower against the adversary." (Psalm 61:1-3)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"I will subdue all your enemies." (I Chronicles 17:10)
1. Shalom: Netanyahu Offered, PA Rejected Yesha Building Freeze - Arutz Sheva
The Palestinian Authority's price for renewing peace talks with Israel was the release of terrorists from Israeli prisons -- and only that, said government minister Silvan Shalom. Instead, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu was prepared to offer them a building freeze in Judea and Samaria -- but the PA rejected that offer, Shalom said in an interview on Voice of Israel public radio Sunday.
2. Massive Crusader hospital uncovered in Old City - Times of Israel
Israeli archaeologists have discovered a huge hospital from the Crusader era in Jerusalem's Old City, the Israel Antiquities Authority said in a statement Monday.
3. UN makes Holocaust documents available online - Times of Israel
Scholars, campaigners and lawyers can for the first time readily access more than 2,200 documents from a largely unknown archive housed at the United Nations that documents thousands of cases against accused World War II criminals in Europe and Asia.
4. PA leaders to discuss second round of peace talks set for August 14 - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority leaders are expected to meet in Ramallah Tuesday to discuss the second round of talks with Israel, scheduled for August 14 in Jerusalem.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day." (I Timothy 1:12)
1. Christian Students in Eritrea Punished for Faith in Jesus Christ - Baptist Press
Eritrean authorities are punishing 39 high school students for their Christian faith, excluding them from a graduation ceremony and subjecting them to beatings and hard labor, according to Christian support organization Open Doors.
After completing a four-month military training required in Eritrea, the students, including 11 girls, have been arrested for their "Christian beliefs and for their commitment to Christ," sources told Open Doors.
"The youths are now enduring beating, forced hard labor and insufficient food and water" at the SAWA military training center, the organization reported in a press statement. "Sources said authorities are also threatening the students with long imprisonment and exclusion from university should they 'fail to renounce Christ.'"
2. 35 Killed as Nigeria's Government Forces Clash with Boko Haram - Business Standard
At least 35 people were killed, most of them Islamist extremists, in clashes between Nigerian army and members of radical group Boko Haram in the country's northeastern Borno state, the military said today.
Military spokesman Sagir Musa said 32 of the militants were killed and two soldiers and a policeman lost their lives during the clashes.
"Our troops successfully repelled Boko Haram terrorists who tried to attack a police base on Sunday," he said.
He said a military base in Malam Fatori town came under attack from the militants and a gun duel ensued.
The oil-rich African country's President Goodluck Jonathan had declared a state of emergency in three states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, four years after militant group Boko Haram declared war on the Nigerian state.
The group's aim is to establish and Islamic caliphate in the country and more than 2,000 persons have died since it commenced killings and bombings mostly in the northern part of the country.
3. Russian Leader Calls for World to Unite to End Christian Persecution - LifeSiteNews
Vladimir Putin has urged the world's political leaders to stop the violent persecutions against Christians that have erupted in many Middle Eastern countries.
Speaking at a meeting with Orthodox Christian leaders in Moscow last week, the Russian President said he noted "with alarm" that "in many of the world's regions, especially in the Middle East and in North Africa inter-confessional tensions are mounting, and the rights of religious minorities are infringed, including Christians and Orthodox Christians."
"This pressing problem should be a subject of close attention for the entire international community," Putin said. "It is especially important today to make efforts to prevent intercultural and interreligious conflicts, which are fraught with the most serious upheavals."
Putin praised the growth of cooperation between the Orthodox Churches and the Russian state, saying, "We act as genuine partners and colleagues to solve the most pressing domestic and international tasks, to implement joint initiatives for the benefit of our country and people."
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Yesterday's allies, today's enemies, really?
It seems like just yesterday when the president was making the case for intervention in Libya where Muslims were in danger of humanitarian crimes by long-time dictator Muammar Gaddafi. It was then that the president worked closely with al Qaeda in providing air support, supply lines and on-ground advisors to overthrow Gaddafi. He also supported al Qaeda in other countries as part of the Arab Spring uprisings that began in December 2010. His foreign policy partner the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) provided political organizational structure and al Qaeda the military aspect to spark civil unrest and threaten governments throughout the Middle East and Northern Africa. Curious how things change.
Or remain the same. The president has, as international policy think tank Gatestone Institute puts it in an April 15, 2013 report, ". . . proactively chosen to reach out to the [Muslim] Brotherhood, its affiliates, and supporters for advice, training and even administration appointments." The MB helps fund al Qaeda. Gatestone writes: "The current administration's weeks-long duplicity in the aftermath of the 11 September 2012 terror attack on the US mission in Benghazi, Libya, when it repeatedly and mendaciously claimed that an Internet video trailer sparked a protest there that got out of hand, appears to have been carefully scripted not just with the OIC but Muslim Brotherhood organizations in the US, as well."
Gatestone lists several Muslim Brotherhood network operatives that have influenced US policy toward Islam dating back to the Clinton Administration both as close confidants and as political appointees. Gatestone reports that under the current Administration: "US policy has undergone such a drastic shift in the direction of outright support for these jihadist movements--from al-Qa'eda militias in Libya, to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, and both al-Qa'eda and Muslim Brotherhood-linked rebels in Syria--that it is scarcely recognizable as American any more. The infiltration of individuals . . . with such close Muslim Brotherhood identifications, to positions of influence at the highest levels of US policymaking must be considered, at a minimum, a contributing factor."
What do we make of the current headlines that al Qaeda is now a threat to all US embassies and that the president's drones have killed four al Qaeda operatives in Yemen? There is great deception taking place. The current White House is in league with the MB, which is in league with al Qaeda. What seems to be is not. 2 Timothy 3:13 says, "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived." The riddle before us is what is the motive of one who appears as both an ally and an enemy? Jesus says in John 10:10, "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy." The ultimate thief is satan. The thief before us is an elected official who is deceptive and treasonous.
Gatestone Institute report:
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Prayers During Ramadan
Muslims sacrifice during Eid Al-Adha festivities
For Wednesday August 7, Ramadan 2013 - Day 30.
"Loving Muslims Through Prayer"
The most important holiday for a Muslim is called Eid al-Adha or the "Feast of the Sacrifice".
Perhaps during this holiday you can ask a Muslim what they believe. In return, they may ask what you believe. You can explain that the sacrifice is symbolic of Jesus. You can tell them we call Jesus the Lamb that God provided - the final sacrifice, who takes away sin, raised up to give us life forever. "Behold, the Lamb of God . . . " (John 1:29; Hebrews 9:12; Leviticus 17:11; Romans 5:9).
- Pray specifically about the rituals. We know purification rituals may cleanse the body, but they don't cleanse the heart. Only Jesus can cleanse our hearts and we can only allow that to happen through repentance. Pray that the Holy Spirit would prompt a call to genuine repentance that seeking hearts hear and respond to.
- Thank Jesus Messiah that it is through His blood that sins can be forgiven. Pray that Muslims would understand that Jesus is the only way to the Father so that sins can be forgiven. Pray John 1:29, Acts 10:43 and Hebrews 1:3.
Complete article, video, audio, comments is here.
> > > Please note:
We wish to thank the editors of 30-Days.net for allowing us to partner with them in prayer, on behalf of the salvation of the Muslim people, during these past 30 days of Ramadan. As always, we have posted prayer requests for Wednesday (Day 30) ahead of time, enabling you to join in intercession with this prayer network throughout the day tomorrow.
On Thursday, August 8th, Ramadan will end in the United States with the annual celebration of "Eid-al-Fitr." Many Muslims in the United States celebrate Eid al-Fitr on the first day of Shawwal in the Islamic calendar. It marks the end of the month-long fast of Ramadan and the start of a feast that lasts up to three days in some countries.
Thank you for continuing to bring the Muslims in our nation before the Throne of Grace for salvation, because it is written:
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Guardian Angel Inspires a Nonverbal Woman with Dementia to Sing
Gladys has dementia; she has been in a nonverbal, solitary state for years. She was, that is, until she met her guardian angel. A kind soul named Naomi moved Gladys so much by singing gospel to her, that she was momentarily brought out of her isolated state... this is truly miraculous!
Please go here to view this lovely testimony of the healing power of LOVE.
"Verily I say unto you, Except yes be converted, and become as little children, yes shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3)
BILLION SOULS REVIVAL PRAYER CALL
BILLION SOULS REVIVAL PRAYER CALL:
Devotional for Day 1 - 6 August, 2013
The world is waiting for the church to WAKE UP and call on our God!
Scripture: Jonah 1 (taken from verses 4-12) A violent storm arose . . ..But Jonah had gone below deck, where he lay down and fell into a deep sleep.
CAPTAIN: How can you sleep? Get up and call on your god! Maybe he will take notice of us, and we will not perish.
CREW: Tell us, who is responsible for making all this trouble for us?
JONAH: I know that it is my fault that this great storm has come upon you.
In these days God has been using the story of Jonah to sound a WAKE UP CALL to the Church particularly in the area of prayer. As Jonah was given a responsibility to preach to the city of Nineveh, the Church has been given the responsibility to pray for the people of our cities and nations and especially those who lead them (1 Timothy 2:1-6). And much like Jonah, we have fallen asleep and run away from our responsibility. As a result we find our world experiencing a great storm and the question is echoing across the nations: Who is responsible? Some would say it's the devil's fault . . . others would blame a particular group or religion. But the story of Jonah speaks to us that we, as God's people, are responsible and it is our fault.
Thankfully, though, as in the story of Jonah, there is HOPE and a second chance! During these 40 days as we WAKE UP and take responsibility (Jonah 1:12) for our prayerlessness, as we cry out day and night from the belly of the whale (Jonah 2:2), and as we turn away from our worthless idols (Jonah 2:8), the Lord who is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love (Jonah 4:2) will hear and respond to our united cry for mercy! The world is waiting!
Father, we honour You as our gracious and compassionate God who is slow to anger and full of unfailing love! We humbly bow before You and confess that we have run away from our responsibility to stand in the gap on behalf of the world and cry out day and night for justice. We also confess the many worthless idols we have run to that have stolen our hearts away from this responsibility to pray. We ask for Your forgiveness and for Your grace to strengthen us to wake up and become the House of Prayer You always had in Your heart for us to be! Amen!
To view the Four Daily Prayer Points, as well as the Introduction to this prayer strategy, please visit their website by going here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Hine Lo Yanum
by Keren Davis
He that keepeth Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps.
As a mother comforts her child, so the Lord comforts Jerusalem.