Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Monday, July 22, 2013
"Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around
like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Detroit emergency manager defends bankruptcy, says city 'dug this hole' - Fox News
The emergency manager appointed to fix Detroit's unprecedented financial problems put the blame Sunday squarely on the city and defended his decision to file for bankruptcy, saying he had no other choice despite its impact on city pensioners. He said his goal was to restructure the debt, including roughly $3.5 million in underfunded pension liabilities, and to get Detroit on its feet again by fall 2014.
Orr, appointed in March by Republican Gov. Rick Synder, also said he has appealed a judge's decision Friday that the bankruptcy violates Michigan's constitution, which protects government employee's pensions. He also said that his plan would extend full payments only to pensioners for the next six months and acknowledge the hardship it will cause."My mother is a pensioner," Orr said.
Still, he said Detroit "dug this whole," in part by not addressing its problems earlier
- Heavenly Father, Detroit is just the first large city to declare bankruptcy but a number of cities are verging on the edge of it. This article states how poorly made decisions in the past have led to this issue. We ask You, Father, to have mercy especially on the elderly who worked long years for their pensions and now have those pensions and their lives put into jeopardy. Abide closely with them, Lord, and draw them unto You, if they will come. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain." (Psalm 127:1)
2. 'Bash mobs' sweep through Southern California LA Times
Organized "bash mob" crime rampages of roving groups attacking innocent people and businesses have been striking cities around the United States. Law enforcement agencies in Southern California have reported few similar problems -- until now.In the last several days, there have been several reports of such group crime waves in South L.A., Hollywood, San Bernardino and Victorville. Long Beach police are bracing for another one Friday.
These so-called bash mobs of "flash mob" crime waves are organized through social media and have been a problem in Chicago, Philadelphia and Washington. In April, 28 Chicago youths were arrested on suspicion of attacking pedestrians along the city's famed Magnificent Mile. Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn signed legislation in May enacting stiffer penalties for people who text or use social media to organize mob attacks.
- Abba Father, we know these new social media websites have enabled ministries, help groups, and family and friends to more freely connect. Unfortunately they are also convenient tools to instigate negative activity as reported here. It is enabling mob violence, vengeance and destructive actions. Lord, we bind the spirits of lawlessness, violence, destruction, and greed that are reflected in these bash mobs across our nation. We ask You to rise up and confront these youth; have mercy Lord, confront them with a fear of you and forgive them as they truly do not understand what they are doing in Your eyes, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "It is time for You to act, O Lord, for they have regarded Your law as void." (Psalm 11:9)
3. Dozens of NJ firefighters overcome as killer heat wave nears an end - US News
Fifty firefighters were overcome by high temperatures Friday while battling a huge blaze in New Jersey, officials said, amid a heat wave suspected in the deaths of at least 13 people across the country in the last week.
Firefighter after firefighter wilted under heavy gear in temperatures that soared near 100 degrees as they battled the blaze, which was tearing through several buildings - including three homes - early Friday afternoon, NBC New York reported. The fire erupted as temperatures soared into the upper 90s across the Northeast and to near-record highs across much of the rest of the country. New York City (100); Newark, N.J. (100); Boston (99); and Islip, N.Y. (93), all set or tied records Friday. (Read more)
- Prayers to lift up to our Heavenly Father: pray for safety and health of all infrastructure workers, such as firemen, EMT's, repairmen for electrical or water/sewer lines, and construction workers; pray for those who are disabled, shut-in, elderly, very young and/or ill and who lack a/c; and pray for relief from the extremes of hot weather that has affected large portions of the US. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "For the shields of the earth belong to God; He is greatly exalted." (Psalm 47:9 c-d)
4. Rep. Franks: Capitol Steps 'Stained With the Blood of Our Own Children' - CNSNews.com
At a press conference Friday announcing the introduction of Rep. Steve Stockman's (R-Tex.) "Sanctity of Life Act," Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) criticized the lack of action that has led to "the steps of that capitol stained with the blood of our own children."Stockman's bill would define human life from conception and take away Supreme Court jurisdiction over abortion-related cases, which "would be a landmark achievement for civil and human rights in the United States," he said in a press release.
Steve Antosh of the National Pro-Life Alliance said that under Stockman's bill, 'not only do we define when life begins, but using Congress' power to define the jurisdiction of courts, you [the Supreme Court] have no jurisdiction over this." That would be "a good club to hold over the court," he added.
Franks echoed the same urgency for pro-life legislation. Without it, he said, "the nation can't survive. The republic is based on the rule of law, based upon the importance of everyone being protectable and equal. You can't do that when you leave someone out." (Read more)
- Lord, we offer great praise You for the introduction of this bill in Congress. We lift up these prayers: prayer for the passage of this bill or one like it; prayer for churches to rise up, speak out and pray over this; and prayer in repentance for all previous national shedding of innocent blood and for the cleansing of our land. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "But Jesus looked at them and said, 'With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.'" (Mark 10:27)
5. Family Premiums Up $1,975 Since Obamacare Passed, But Obama Touts $100 Rebates One day after 22 House Democrats joined Republicans in voting to delay Obamacare's individual mandate, President Obama used his bully pulpit to tout the law's benefits as well as the "savings" already resulting from the Affordable Care Act. In a speech at the White House Thursday, the president explained that because of the Affordable Care Act, insurance companies must spend at least 80 percent of every dollar paid in premiums on health care. Those that don't meet that requirement must send their customers refunds. Rebates are one thing, but rising premiums are another.According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, health care premiums for the average family cost $15,745 in 2012 -- an increase of $1,975 from the $13,770 they cost in 2010, the year President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law. Employees pick up some, but not all, of that cost. But President Obama says competition in the new health care exchanges will bring premiums down for individuals who do not get insurance through their employers: Read more at: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/family-premiums-1975-obamacare-passed-obama-touts-100-rebates#sthash.T6KanXVe.dpuf
- Heavenly Father, the disinformation surrounding this healthcare law appears to be huge. Why is a $100 rebate being praised when for an average family their premium costs have risen almost $2000 a year in a time where many families are struggling for jobs and basic commodities? Our prayers are:
- Pray for the truth to come forth on all costs
- Pray for delay or repeal of large portions of this law until it can be fairly reviewed and/or revised
- Pray repentance for our apathy and neglect of Your ways, Lord, so that we got into this issue
In Jesus' Name, we ask these prayers, Amen and Amen. - "A faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness will utter lies." (Proverbs 14:5)
6. Move over NSA, here comes the Obamacare Big Brother database - Rapture Ready News
Would you trust thousands of low-level Federal bureaucrats and contractors with one-touch access to your private financial and medical information? Under Obamacare you won't have any choice. As the Obamacare train-wreck begins to gather steam, there is increasing concern in Congress over something called the Federal Data Services Hub. The Data Hub is a comprehensive database of personal information being established by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to implement the federally facilitated health insurance exchanges. In these days of secret domestic surveillance by the intelligence community, rogue IRS officials and state tax agencies using private information for political purposes, and police electronically logging every license plate that passes by, the idea of the centralized Data Hub is making lawmakers and citizens nervous.
They certainly should be; the potential for abuse is enormous.. The Data Hub will provide web-based, one-stop shopping for prying into people's personal affairs. Not to fear, HHS says, the Data Hub will be completely secure. Really? (Read more)
- Lord Jesus, this could be a real nightmare for both potential fraud and theft, as well as for errors which block eligibility for care and/or accurate medical history being stored and available for medical staff, endangering the patients involved. Lord, we ask You to rise up and shut down these massive, privacy invasive databases; just shatter them Lord, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "There is a way that seems right to a man; but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 14:12)
7. House GOP on health care: For repeal, not replace - Fox News
House Republicans say their goal is to repeal President Obama's health care law, not to present an alternative plan."I don't think it's a matter of what we put on the floor right now," said Rep. Greg Walden of Oregon, who heads the party's campaign committee. He added that what is important is "trying to delay Obamacare." His remarks are in response to criticism that the Republican-led House has voted more than three dozen times over the past several years to repeal the law in part or in whole. (Read more)
- Lord, we need this law to be revisited, as the previous premium cost and database security articles reflect. There are many other critical issues in the law as well, Lord, and we know that You know them all. We fall before You and repent, Abba Father, as we as a people and nation have taken so much for granted, and not been grateful or followers of Your ways, so that this 'judgment' is moving upon us.
Have mercy Lord, and cause this entire law to be repealed and/or delayed until massive parts are reviewed and rewritten so all citizens regardless of age or condition may be served well as well as the medical community being fairly treated. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen. - "There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the Lord's counsel, that will stand." (Proverbs 19:21)
8. Time to Change the Subject? - Fox News
Obama tries to refocus message on economy amid summer setbacks
With his second term so far defined by burgeoning scandals and policy headaches, President Obama tries this week to hit reset by referring back to a familiar theme, not without its own troubles - the economy. (Read more)
- Pray that the nation not lose its focus as the White House attempts, through its media control, to move our attention elsewhere. The tragic scandals that have hit this administration cannot be ignored, and in the end, someone (or plural) must be held accountable in each case: Benghazi, the IRS, the NSA, to name just a few. Come against the spirit of lawlessness that is sweeping through this administration, and call forth justice, in the Name of the Lord. Amen!
- "Hate evil, love good and establish justice in the gate." (Amos 5:15)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
'Thus says the Lord God, "When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and will manifest My holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they will live in their land which I gave to My servant Jacob. They will live in it securely; and they will build houses, plant vineyards and live securely when I execute judgments upon all who scorn them round about them. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God."
1. Iron Dome battery stationed in Eilat amid Sinai instability - Jerusalem Post
The IDF has stationed an Iron Dome missile defense battery near the southern city of Eilat, an army spokesperson said on Friday.
2. Netanyahu: Palestinians will need to make concessions to ensure Israel's security - Jerusalem Post
The Palestinians will need to make concessions during negotiations that will enable Israel to ensure its security and protect its vital national interests, Prime Minster Binyamin Netanyahu said at the opening of Sunday's cabinet meeting.
3. Palestinian factions see resumption of peace talks as 'political suicide' - Jerusalem Post
Several Palestinian groups on Saturday criticized the Palestinian Authority for agreeing to resume peace talks with Israel, while PLO and Fatah officials said they knew nothing about what US Secretary of State John Kerry had offered the PA leadership to bring it back to the negotiating table.
4. Netanyahu seeks national referendum on peace deal - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu plans to rush through the Knesset a new law that would make any peace deal with the Palestinians contingent on the Israeli public's approval in a national referendum, Jerusalem sources said Sunday.
5. EU pushes plan to bar aid to Israelis in West Bank - Reuters
The European Union, over Israeli protests, said on Friday it was pushing ahead with plans to bar EU financial aid to Israeli organizations operating in the occupied territories, but insisted the decision would not affect peace efforts.
6. Palestinian source: Washington meeting must regard 1967 lines - Jerusalem Post
In light of the impending resumption of direct Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, the later was expecting references to the 1967 lines to be included in an invitation letter to a meeting between US, Israeli and Palestinian officials in Washington set for next week, Israel Radio reported on Saturday.
7. Kerry says Israeli, Palestinian negotiators agree to U.S. visit - LA Times
In a surprise announcement, U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry said Friday night that he would host Israeli and Palestinian negotiators in Washington as early as next week in a possible renewal of long-stalled peace talks.
8. Bennett threatens coalition crisis over talks on 1967 lines - Jerusalem Post
Economy and Trade Minister Naftali Bennett issued on Thursday his first-ever threat to take his Bayit Yehudi party out of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's coalition, amid rumors of imminent negotiations with the Palestinians based on pre- 1967 lines. Bennett had previously stated on countless occasions that he had no problem with there being negotiations with the Palestinians, because he did not believe that they would accomplish anything.
"Bayit Yehudi under my leadership will not be a partner, even for a second, in a government that agrees to negotiate on the basis of the 1967 lines," he said. "Our capital Jerusalem is not and never will be negotiated."
Bennett issued the threat even though he knew that Netanyahu had denied a Reuters report that he had agreed to American understandings that 1967 lines would be the basis for talks.
Sources in Bayit Yehudi said that despite Netanyahu's denial, Bennett could not ignore that the armistice lines were on the agenda. "Naftali had to reassure his constituency that he has red lines," a source close to Bennett said. "He had to make his position clear, in case someone believes he would actually be a part of a government that would negotiate on that basis." (Read more)
- Father God, by Your grace and mercy block any coalition that would agree to divide Jerusalem or Israel. This Land was promised to the Jews from You God, and we ask that Netanyahu and all leaders, Naftali Bennett, Danny Danon, will all stand their ground and not vote for the 1967 borders in their peace talks. In Jesus' Name we pray.
"Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with you, and that you may increase mightily, as the Lord God of your fathers has promised you, in the land that flows with milk and honey." (Deuteronomy 6:3)
9. Abbas threatens 'all options open' if US-led diplomatic bid fails - Times of Israel Amid ongoing confusion about terms for new talks, PA president hails UN's November upgrade of 'Palestine' as greatest achievement in years.
10. PA Official: Talks Likely as Netanyahu Folds on Key Issues - Times of Israel
A meeting between Palestinian Authority chief Mahmoud Abbas and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry Thursday in Amman has apparently prompted the PA to agree to enter into talks with Israel, a top PA official said. A report in a PA newspaper said that "the gaps between the two sides have narrowed considerably," after Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu agreed to accept several preconditions demanded by the PA.
According to the official, Netanyahu agreed to at least a partial building freeze in Judea and SAMARIA, and has agreed to announce that freeze publicly, as part of the declaration that Kerry will make, probably on Friday, that Israel-PA talks are back on. The freeze will not apply to Jerusalem and the "settlement blocs," but will apply to dozens of communities outside these areas, including most of Binyamin.
In addition, the official said, Netanyahu has agreed to accept the 1948 armistice lines as the legitimate beginning point for negotiations. The implications of that acceptance entails an implicit Israeli agreement to surrender the vast majority of land liberated in the 1967 Six Day War, except for the lands needed for security purposes. In the past, the PA has demanded that Israel also give up on the idea of settlement blocs, and have demanded that cities such as Ariel be evacuated and surrendered as part of any final arrangement with Israel. (Read more)
- Please note: Because this report is attributed to an "unnamed official" inside the Palestinian Authority, we cannot attest to its validity. Nevertheless, Prime Minister Netanyahu is clearly under great pressure now to make concessions in possible upcoming negotiations that go contrary to his heart. Please pray for Mr. Netanyahu as he seeks the Lord for every step he must make now to protect the people and the land of his nation. Thank you.
- IT IS WRITTEN: "Do not remove the ancient landmark, Nor enter the fields of the fatherless; For their Redeemer is mighty; He will plead their cause against you." (Proverbs 23:10-11)IT IS WRITTEN: "Thus says the Lord God, "When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and will manifest My holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they will live in their land which I gave to My servant Jacob. They will live in it securely; and they will build houses, plant vineyards and live securely when I execute judgments upon all who scorn them round about them. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God." (Ezekiel 28:25,26)
- Most gracious Father, we pray that Prime Minister Netanyahu will stand with the people of Israel to provide housing and will not agree with the Palestinians to a building freeze in Judea and Samaria. God, we also pray that P.M. Netanyahu will not surrender the vast majority of land liberated in the 1967 Six Day War. Guide him to hold onto the victories won in the past. Anoint Mr. Netanyahu with the power of the Holy Spirit to not surrender Ariel or any other city to be evacuated and surrendered to the PA, who are consulting with top Fatah terrorist group officials. God, surround Israel with myriads of angels to cast out their enemies. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.
- "And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God. And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the Lord their God." (Exodus 29:45-46)
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You." (Psalm 16:1)
1. Chinese Christian "Desperate" after Police Shut Down House Church - CHINAaid
Xinjiang Christian Zhu Jinfeng, 60, says she attends "house churches" - religious services at home - instead of state-sanctioned ones because she prefers to talk to God without going through China's administration of religious affairs.
But Zhu's habits of more than 10 years came to an abrupt end after local policemen stormed into her home in Urumqi last month during a bible study session she held with elderly neighbours. The group was dismissed on site. Zhu was briefly detained, charged with conducting "illegal" Christian activity, and fined 200 yuan (HK$250).
Zhu, while still shaken by the raid, hasn't given up her fight for her freedom to worship in her own home. She decided to appeal her case by filing an application for "administrative reconsideration," a legal action pursued by Chinese citizens when they feel their rights are infringed upon.
2. Another Christian Convert Tried in Iran - Mohabat News
Another Christian convert, Mr. Ebrahim Firouzi was tried in the Revolutionary Court in Robat Karim, a town near Tehran. His charges were officially announced in the court session.
According to Mohabat News, the trial of Mr. Ebrahim Firouzi, a Christian who had been arrested by security authorities, was held on July 6, 2013 in Branch 2 of the Revolutionary Court in Robat Karim. The court session was chaired by Judge Babaei.
Ebrahim Firouzi, who is 28 years old, was arrested on March 7, 2013, when four plainclothes security officers raided his workplace. When arresting him, security authorities also confiscated his personal belongings, including his computer and books related to Christianity.
After spending 53 days in custody, Mr. Firouzi was temporarily released from Evin prison after posting a 30 million Tomans (Approx. 15,000 USD) bail in the form of the title deed of a property.
After being arrested, he was transferred to ward 209 of Evin prison and was subject to intense interrogations for ten days. He was then transferred to ward 350 of the prison where other Christian prisoners, Saeed Abedini, Farshid Fathi and Mostafa Bordbar were being held.
According to the report, some agents from the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence were also present during his trial.
During the trial his charges were officially announced to him. He was charged with attempting to launch a Christian website, contact with suspicious foreigners, running online church services and promoting Christian Zionism.
3. Supreme Court Asked to Rule on Persecution of German Homeschooling Family - WND
The U.S. Supreme Court will be asked to protect a Germany homeschooling family from the persecution members would face if they are returned to their home country, according to officials with the Home School Legal Defense Association.
The organization has confirmed that it will appeal to the high court in the case involving the Romeike family. They fled to the United States from Germany several years ago to escape the persecution the government there imposes on homeschooling families, and a judge granted them asylum.
However, the Obama administration objected to allowing them to remain in the U.S., and won an appeals court reversal of that asylum ruling. The HSLDA has been working with the family on the case.
Michael Farris, founder and chairman of the organization, said, "The German High Court is on record for saying that religious homeschoolers should be targeted and severely punished, yet our Justice Department sees nothing wrong with that.
"The attorney general and Sixth Circuit are ignoring critical evidence and are trying to send back this family who is trying to stay in our country legally. We are hopeful that the Supreme Court will go the other way and see what the original immigration judge saw: that this family and other religious homeschoolers in Germany are being persecuted for what they believe is the right way to raise their children," he said.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
Prayers During Ramadan
Under the spell: folk Islam fuels fear
For Monday July 22, Ramadan 2013 -Day 14.
"Loving Muslims Through Prayer"
Folk Islam mixes animistic practices with orthodox Islam. Many Muslims practise some form of folk Islam. They are often terrified of spirits and practise ceremonies to appease them.
Another aspect of folk Islam is to make pilgrimages to places of power. Such places often include tombs where pilgrims do specific rituals, chant portions of the Qur'an and mention the dead by name. They carry water from a nearby building and put it by the grave. Then they throw flower petals at the grave's doors.
- Pray for Muslims to be released from the power that these strongholds have over them (Matthew 8:16, 10:1; Mark 5:2-13; Acts 16:16-18).
- Pray for people coming to the Messiah, that they will be open about their involvement with the spirit world and get rid of anything from their past life (Deuteronomy 18:9-12).
- Pray for Christian workers to "shine like stars in the universe" as they testify to those living in darkness (Philippians 2:15).
Complete article, video, audio, comments is here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Praying for Spiritual Revival In America
It was a sight to behold inside a conference ballroom at the downtown Marriott hotel in Des Moines, Iowa, as hundreds of Iowa pastors called out to God and prayed over two U.S. senators, both of whom seem interested in running for president of the United States. Sen. Ted Cruz and Sen. Rand Paul came to Iowa Friday to speak at this Pastors and Pews event, organized by influential evangelical political operative David Lane. The Brody File got an up close look and access to the private event. We will be posting compelling video early next week. . .
Ted Cruz, who received a warm greeting, spoke for about 30 minutes and then took questions from the audience. He outlined how he championed religious freedom cases ranging from the Ten Commandments to the Mojave Cross case. He touched on how to go about eliminating Obamacare; he called for abolishing the IRS (which received a standing ovation), and on the issue of marriage he said, "There's no issue where we need to be more on our knees . . . we are facing an assault on marriage."
On spiritual matters, he told the pastors that, "We are in a battle to turn this country around." Later, in a one-on-one sit-down interview with The Brody File, he said this country is badly in need of spiritual revival (More on those comments coming Monday). He charged the pastors to step up and speak boldly about the issues facing our country today. He compared all of them to Esther, saying the biblical woman was put in a position of leadership, "for such a time as this."
As for Rand Paul, he spoke for about 20 minutes and then the pastors prayed for the senator and his wife Kelly. Paul spent the bulk of his time explain how liberty, freedom, and virtue go hand in hand. His biggest applause lines came when he talked about his dedication to the pro-life issue and how he believes America needs to cut off aid to countries that hate America.
He briefly addressed his foreign policy views, explaining that we should be focused on peace not war. He invoked the name of Jesus saying how He says in the Bible, "Blessed are the peacemakers." However, he made clear that he was not against war and if war was necessary, he would make sure America would win it decisively.
There's no doubt Paul and Cruz have begun thinking about running for president in 2016 and this event was a chance to introduce themselves to a pivotal group of pastors who will play a significant role in the presidential selection process since Iowa is always the first state in the nation to vote. However, the main goal of the two-day conference was to really motivate pastors to speak boldly about issues from the pulpit and to awake Christian voters, who may agree that America's culture is going in the toilet, but sit on their hands and do nothing about it.
While getting more evangelicals to the polls is a political goal of the conference, there is a much deeper spiritual purpose. These pastors want to see spiritual revival in America. Speaker after speaker implored them to simply preach the word from the Bible and leave the outcome to God. A big theme was praying for another Great Awakening in this country but the pastors here agreed that it could only come if evangelicals truly repent and get down on their knees in prayer. In other words, there won't be any Great Awakening if Christians don't get serious in their prayer life. (CBN) Read more.
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Be Still My Soul
Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.