Next Week: 100 nations called to
48 hours of Prayer, Repentance and Fasting
for the United States! See below.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, April 21, 2014
"I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades." (Revelation 1:18)
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Ukraine prime minister vows to punish people behind fliers ordering Jews to register - Fox News
Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk said Sunday he's going to find and punish "the bastards" distributing leaflets ordering Jews in eastern Ukraine to register with pro-Russian separatists.
"I made a clear statement and urged Ukrainian military and security forces and Ukrainian Department of Homeland Security urgently to find these bastards and to bring them to justice," Yatsenyuk told NBC's "Meet the Press."
The leaflets, which have been distributed recently in the eastern city of Donetsk, also order Jews to pay a fee and declare all property holdings. (Read more)
- Please pray that the authorities in Ukraine will get to the bottom of this situation, for it bodes great evil for the Jews in that land. We offer praise to the Lord that the officials in both Ukraine and in Russia have condemned this action, and are working to find out who, exactly, handed out those fliers. Stand in agreement that all hidden things will be revealed, and answers will come quickly. In His Name, amen!
- "He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light." (Job 12:22)
2. The leaking Kerry-Lavrov deal for Ukraine will only fuel continuing US-Russian dissent - DebkaFile
US Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov have developed a template for "de-escalating" international crises in a way that avoids US military intervention. The formula was first unveiled in the pact they concluded in September 2013 for disposing of Syria's chemical weapons. Two months after this, the duo went into action again for the interim nuclear accord for Iran.
Kerry believes that the same recipe will work eventually for an Israeli-Palestinian final accord. It is a dish with three main ingredients: a slick-sounding compromise that the US and Russian can more or less live with; a gloss over the real elements at issue between them; and a deal that goes over the heads of the prime movers involved in the conflict. By the time the dish they cook up goes sour, the two diplomats have moved on to the next crisis.
This dynamic was repeated in Geneva Thursday April 17 for the three-point formula hammered out by the US, Russia, the EU and the Ukraine for assuaging the Ukraine crisis. Its key stipulation required all protesters to vacate the buildings they have illegally occupied and lay down their arms. No sooner was the deal in the bag, than it faced insuperable impediments. One of the pro-Russian separatist leaders Denis Pushkin called a news conference in Donetsk Friday to announce that Russia "did not sign anything for us." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, per this article John Kerry of the US and Sergey Lavrov of Russia are using the same formula for the Ukraine crisis that they used on Syria, and they think it will work for the Israeli Palestinian peace accord. If they just stopped and reviewed what actually has happened, they would see that it has not worked. Have mercy, Father, and awaken these leaders as to what is going on within these various crises, and confront their spirits to listen, see, and respond with agreements that will actually help what is happening and how they want things to change. We ask in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
-"Cease listening to instruction, my son, and you will stray from the words of knowledge." (Proverbs 19: 27)
3. Pentagon weighs deploying troops to Poland as militants snub Ukraine pact - Fox News
The Pentagon is exploring options for deploying U.S. troops to Poland to expand NATO's presence in Eastern Europe because of the ongoing crisis in Ukraine, as pro-Russian militants defiantly refused Friday to leave government buildings in eastern Ukraine despite a diplomatic accord reached in Geneva. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this action by the US pentagon could escalate the already difficult confrontation between Russia and western nations. We ask You to direct the US Pentagon leaders as to what should be done, so that it is in Your timing and will. We ask in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Plans are established by counsel; by wise counsel wage war." (Proverbs 20:18)
4. Jews urged to flee Ukraine by Holocaust survivor - (Sunday Express.co.UK)
ALL Jewish people should leave Ukraine at once, a Holocaust survivor warned last night, after "grotesque" anti-Semitic leaflets were handed out in the country. The pamphlets and posters, distributed in the eastern Ukraine city of Donetsk, demanded that the Jewish population register, pay a new tax or leave. (Read more)
- Abba Father, be in the midst of Your special people in the Ukraine. Confront them with the truth and importance of a response to this warning that this holocaust survivor has given them. Father, cause them to realize it is the time to make Aliyah to Israel. We pray in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
-"The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both." (Proverbs 20:12)
5. Franklin Graham: Christians Are Persecuted at Home and Abroad - NewsMax
Christians are under attack not just abroad, but also here in the United States, Franklin Graham said on Good Friday.
"We are seeing it across the globe, no question about it, and it's frightening," Graham, the president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and son of Billy Graham, told John Bachman and J.D. Hayworth on "America's Forum" on Newsmax TV.
"We see the anti-Christian position in this country. We see so much of it coming out of the entertainment industry, especially in certain segments of the news media."
"Christians are being attacked and . . . we see it now in Europe. Anti-Semitism, no question, it's there. We are living in a world that is changing, and it is frightening to see how quickly [it] is changing, and we're going to see real persecution of Christians and Jews in the years to come," said Graham, who followed his father into the ministry. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up Franklin Graham to You for special protection as he continues to speak out the truths that Your Biblical 'Living Word' presents in an increasingly hostile environment. Surround him with Your special warrior angels and pour Your special blessings of strength, wisdom, discernment and courage into every cell of his being. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
-"But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God.'" (Psalm 31:14)
6. Western states hold summit on controlling federal land, say 'It's simply time' - Fox News
Officials from nine Western states met in Salt Lake City on Friday to discuss taking control of federal lands within their borders on the heels of a standoff between Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management. The lawmakers and county commissioners discussed ways to wresting oil-, timber- and mineral-rich lands away from the feds. Utah House Speaker Becky Lockhart said it was in the works before this month's standoff. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise to see that nine Western states are rising up and responding to the ongoing seizure of state land by the federal government. We know You gave these resources for the benefit of the citizens who live here, so we ask You to be in the midst of their meetings and plans, directing them how to accomplish these goals. We ask in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
-"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye." (Psalm 32:8)
7. US government delays Keystone XL pipeline decision - BBC News
The US state department has given federal agencies more time to review the Keystone XL oil pipeline before it determines whether to issue a permit. The delay suggests the decision whether to approve the pipeline could come after November's midterm elections. The 875-mile (1,408km) pipeline would carry tar sands oil from Alberta, Canada, to the US state of Nebraska. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, from reading this article it is obvious that the current US administration is moving this decision away from being an impact as to the upcoming election. May US citizens realize what is being done, and to not let this pipeline decision be 'forgotten' during this upcoming election. We ask this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
-"The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect." (Psalm 33:10)
8. Obama signs into law 'terrorist' UN envoy visa ban - BBC News
President Barack Obama has signed into law a measure that would bar entry to any UN ambassador whom the US says has engaged in "terrorist activity". The law came as a response to Iran's pick of a UN envoy linked to the student militants who overran the US embassy in Tehran in 1979. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, it appears that US leaders may be acting in a 'tit for tat' manner as to diplomatic issues, which often can evoke a hostile or anger filled response from the other side. Help us Lord and confront these US leaders as to what they may actually be encouraging. Father, direct them how to handle entry into the US to attend the UN meetings for any number of ambassadors who might be 'questionable' as to previous activity. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
9. U.S. Military Not Backing Down After Group Urges Withdrawal from National Day of Prayer Event - ChristianNews.net
The U.S. military has no plans to back out of a National Day of Prayer event after being urged by a prominent activist group to withdraw, reports state.
Mikey Weinstein, the president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, recently sent a letter to Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, asking that the Department of Defense distance itself from next month's observance in Washington. Weinstein said that military participation in the event would suggest the government endorsement of Christianity.
The event, which will be held at the Cannon House Office building on May 1st, is organized by the National Day of Prayer Task Force, led by Shirley Dobson. Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-Ala.) had requested military participation in the event, which will include a color guard, a military band, a vocalist and a chaplain. Other scheduled speakers will include Anne Graham Lotz, the daughter of Billy Graham, James and Shirley Dobson of Focus on the Family and Vonette Bright, the co-founder of Campus Crusade for Christ. (Read more)
- Offer praise that Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel is standing by the decision to allow the military to participate in the formal, National Observance of the National Day of Prayer, as has always been done in years past. Ask our Lord to FORGIVE Mikey Weinstein, for he knows not what he does. Ask our Lord to shield any assault against the National Day of Prayer (passed into law by Congress and signed by President Reagan) from any enemies, foreign and domestic. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 15:6)
> > > To learn more about how you can participate in the National Day of Prayer, please visit their website at: http://www.nationaldayofprayer.org.
10. China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years - Telegraph.co.uk
It is said to be China's biggest church and on Easter Sunday thousands of worshippers will flock to this Asian mega-temple to pledge their allegiance - not to the Communist Party, but to the Cross. The 5,000-capacity Liushi church, which boasts more than twice as many seats as Westminster Abbey . . . opened last year with one theologian declaring it a "miracle that such a small town was able to build such a grand church". (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that so many people in China are coming to You. Hallelujah! May they truly find the Biblical 'Living Word' to fill their hearts and spirits, leading them fully to You! We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one's praise will come from God." (1 Corinthians 4:5)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
Lord Yeshua, from Jerusalem we declare to You, "Baruch haba b'shem Adonai - Blessed is He who comes in the name of YHWH." (Psalm 118:26; Matthew 21:9; 23:39)
1. EU Focuses Pressure on Israel to Make Concessions, Restart Talks - Israel National News
EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton called on Israel to reverse recent announcements regarding construction in Judea and Samaria in order to advance peace talks. Ashton said she viewed with "great concern" an Israeli decision to declare an area near the Gush Etzion Bloc south of Jerusalem as state land and the recognition of Jewish rights to the disputed Peace House in the Judean city of Hevron, a statement from her office said Friday. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, why is it that this woman never appears to understand that it is the Palestinian side which needs 'scolding' and pressure? We ask You, Father, to confront this woman with what she actually is doing. In the Name of Jesus we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "And I looked, and arose and said to the nobles, to the leaders, and to the rest of the people, 'Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, great and awesome, and fight for your brethren . . . and your houses. Whenever you hear the sound of the trumpet, rally to us there. Our God will fight for us.'" (Nehemiah 4:14 & 20)
2. Bennett responds to Abbas' threat to disband PA: 'Israel won't stop you' - (Jerusalem Post)
Economy Minister Naftali Bennett on Sunday defiantly chafed at Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas' latest threat to resign and disband the autonomous government that has been ruling over the Palestinian areas of Judea and Samaria."If he wants to go, we won't stop him," the minister said. "The Jewish people do not negotiate with a gun held against their temple." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we lift up praise that Economy Minister Naftali Bennett is informing Abbas and the world if it will listen, that Israel and her people will not be pressured to negotiate under threats and theatrics. If it is truly to happen, then both sides must compromise and extend mutual respect. Abide within the midst of Your special land and people as they work through these threats and negotiations. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The violence of the wicked will destroy them, because they refuse to do justice." (Proverbs 21:7)
The Daily Jot
America's place in prophecy
I truly believe that while we cannot stop the march of prophecy, we can determine our place in it. Americans do not have to go the way of the world, however, it seems that we are destining ourselves to do so. To me, verses like Romans 12:21, "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good" and the parable told by Jesus in Luke 19:13 where the nobleman told his servants to "Occupy till I come" are excellent instruction. Even Peter and the apostles in Acts 5:29, "We ought to obey God rather than men" and Jesus in Matthew 29:19-20, "Go ye therefore and teach all the nations...to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..." should erase apathy in the hearts of disciples of Christ.
Our forefathers settled the United States seeking freedom of religion in the name of Christ Jesus. We are blessed today with freedom of speech and of religion and a representative form of government based on laws derived from God's laws because of prayers, work, blood and toil of those who came before us. Very few seem to care. Self interest, instead of motivating good government, has reversed citizenship responsibilities of self government. We have allowed hirelings to sooth our souls with vain and deceptive words resulting in the very tyranny that our forefathers fought so hard against. A rebellion was sparked over a two-cent tax on tea, but today we accept government taking 40% of our labors in taxes.
A Rasmussen survey of 1,000 likely voters conducted on April 15-16 revealed that only 16% of voters believe the federal government today has the consent of the governed. Some 54% consider the federal government a threat to individual liberty rather than a protector. As recent as December 2012, 46% described the federal government a threat to liberty, meaning that people are increasingly seeing that government does not serve the interests of the people. This, according to Rasmussen, is consistent across majorities of Democrats, Republicans and unaffiliated voters--that the government itself "has become a special interest group that looks out primarily for its own interests."
Americans are experiencing government tyranny as not since British rule. As a nation, we always have been that refuge for God's people--both Jew and Gentile. We always have been the nation that reaches out to other nations with the message of Christ. Today, we have attracted the satanic and instead of rebuking it, those who are our leaders embrace it. Some say America is the Great Mystery Babylon, others say America is the safe haven. There is no mention of America in the Bible--as far as location, the Bible is a Middle Eastern, Jerusalem-centric document. As citizens, we have the power and authority to replace evil with good. Our place in prophecy awaits. Our choice collectively teeters between who we were and who we are.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
A Pro-Life Victory in 3 States!
Pro-Lifers Couldn't Agree Moore
Alabama, Alaska, and Arizona don't just start with "A," they've earned one for their pro-life efforts! When it comes to victories for the unborn, it's been a big month for states at the beginning of the alphabet, as leaders celebrate wins for women's health and the inherent dignity of the unborn just in the last few weeks. In the Last Frontier, taxpayers come first, thanks to Alaska Governor Sean Parnell (R) who just inked his name to a bill that helps wall off government money from the abortion business.
By signing SB 49 into law, he and the legislature drew clear lines around what constitutes a "medically necessary" abortion. Too often, clinics try to find loopholes around state laws by claiming an abortion was necessary to protect the mother's health -- when in reality, only a small fraction of those patients (some estimate 4%) need the abortion for legitimate medical reasons. Under Alaska's new law, only mothers who have physical reasons for aborting will receive Medicaid (read: taxpayer-funded) coverage for the procedure, which should drastically cut down on the system's abuse.
Over in Arizona, Governor Jan Brewer (R), who's made more headlines for the bills she hasn't signed, did the right thing on the state's "surprise inspection" measure that would do away with the rule that health officials need a warrant before visiting an abortion clinic unannounced. In passing the bill, Arizona becomes the 10th state to allow for spot inspections of clinics that, in most places, are less regulated than tanning salons.
Last but certainly not least, pro-lifers got a huge boost from the Alabama state supreme court, where justices ruled 8-1 that babies in the womb deserve legal protection. In an interesting twist, the case involved a mom who used illegal drugs while she was pregnant. When she tested positive for drugs after giving birth, she was found guilty of Alabama's chemical endangerment statute.
Despite a court challenge, the justices upheld her conviction in a ruling written by "Ten Commandments" Chief Justice Roy Moore, who insisted that these children have the same inalienable rights that our forefathers outlined in the Declaration of Independence. "[T]he plain meaning of the word 'child,' as that word is used in the chemical-endangerment statute, includes an unborn child," they insist. "As the gift of God, this right to life is not subject to violation by another's unilateral choice," Moore makes clear . (Family Research Council)
A Victory for Dr. James Dobson
Dobson Defeats Obama Abortion Mandate!
My friend and ally Dr. James Dobson and his radio ministry, Family Talk, won a significant victory against the Obama Administration in federal court late last week. The issue was the HHS mandate under Obamacare requiring businesses to cover birth control and abortion-causing drugs in their employee health insurance programs or face punishing fines. The "mandate" has been challenged in federal courts all over the country. While the decisions have been split, the Obama Administration has lost more cases than it has won. Last week, a federal court blocked enforcement of the mandate against Dobson and Family Talk. In the final analysis, the battle will be resolved by the Supreme Court, where we are hopeful but cautious.
Of course, the bigger context for this story is the full-blown assault by the Obama Administration and radical atheist groups against the free exercise of religion that is guaranteed in the Constitution to Americans of all faiths. From the U.S. military to the economic market place there are threats to both the free exercise of religion and the "conscience rights" that are central to our constitutional republic. Believers are being herded into the "closet" and told that their religious beliefs cannot be allowed in the public square. We will not surrender to these demands, and the Constitution is on our side. It is a battle we must not lose! (Gary Bauer)
America dodged a bullet last week. The confrontation at the Cliven Bundy ranch in Nevada between heavily-armed Bureau of Land Management agents and hundreds of supporters of the rancher who flocked to the ranch to rally in his defense was a tinder box that could have easily been ignited.
The confrontation is occurring five years into an Obama Administration that increasingly is seen as violating the Constitution. Polls indicate that growing numbers of Americans view their own government as a threat to their liberty. At the same time, the law enforcement arms of many federal government agencies increasingly look like and adopt pseudo-military tactics and employ heavy-handed tactics in confrontation with citizens. It doesn't take much imagination to see how a standoff could have resulted in a tragedy.
The legal battle is unresolved, and there is fault on both sides of this dispute. But it behooves elected officials to avoid rhetoric that would make a violent denouement more likely. Here's an idea: let's send in the Senate Majority Leader, a man with decades of experience. Surely he would calm the waters - NOT!
Senator Harry Reid, in a breathtaking display of irresponsibility, attacked supporters of the rancher, labeled their protest "domestic terrorism" and added that they were not patriots. Later the same day, he doubled down, calling them "terrorist wannabees." Senator Reid's irresponsible rhetoric fans the flames, particularly in the Western U.S., where there is growing resentment about what is seen as a war being waged by the federal government on ranching, mining, forestry and energy. The senator should be ashamed of himself. (Gary Bauer)
48 Hours of Prayer for America!
National Day of Repentance (NDR) joins with National Day of Prayer (NDP), calling for 48 hours of prayer, fasting and repentance: April 30th - May 1st
They are reaching out to a network of 100 nations to join them in praying for our country! PRAISE THE LORD!!
In 1798, President John Adams proclaimed a national day of humiliation, prayer and fasting.
"As the safety and prosperity of nations ultimately and essentially depend on the protection and blessing of Almighty God, and the national acknowledgment of this truth is not only an indispensable duty which the people owe to Him," he wrote, ". . . this duty, at all times incumbent, is so especially in seasons of difficulty and of danger, when existing or threatening calamities-the just judgments of God against prevalent iniquity-are a loud call to repentance and reformation."
Based on this call by President John Adams (and many others) to move into a time of prayer, fasting and humiliation when our nation is faced with "existing or threatening calamities," the time has come to join in the same call in this hour:
To learn more about this call to prayer, and to find guidelines in doing so, please visit the website for the National Day of Repentance on April 30th by going here.
To learn more about how you can participate in the National Day of Prayer on May 1st, please go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Christians Rediscovering and Keeping Passover
For Jews and Christians, the Passover season is a special time for reflection on the rich spiritual truths contained within this remarkable holiday. Indeed, we can all observe the command to "remember" the incredible Israelite deliverance from bondage in Egypt.
For Christians, the events of a momentous Passover some 15 centuries later have given added meaning to this holiday, so that the truths of the first are reinforced in the latter. Deliverance from Pharaoh's taskmasters became freedom from slavery to sin. The blood of a lamb on the doorposts became a typology of Christ's sacrifice on the cross.
Yet the parallels between Pesach and Easter were lost for centuries to most Christians when the early Church fathers deliberately severed our faith from its Jewish roots. In time, this hostility to Judaism produced vicious blood libels against Jews at Passover.
Today, however, multitudes of Christians are rediscovering our Hebraic roots. Indeed, TIME magazine recently identified growing Christian interest in our faith's Jewish heritage as one of the ten top trends of our day. (ICEJ) Read more.
[Also reported by Hebrew Nation News]
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Philippines rocked by 20 earthquakes in two days
Manila: A total of 20 earthquakes, including three powerful ones, rocked different parts of the Philippines from April 17 to 18, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) told Gulf News on Saturday. (Read more)
Papua New Guinea Hit With Another Powerful Earthquake Triggering Tsunami Warning
Another strong earthquake (7.5) hit Papua New Guinea late Saturday night. The region was already reeling under an equally intense earthquake a week earlier. (Inquisitor) Read more, including a map of this area.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Christ the Lord is Risen Today
the Joslin Grove Choral Society
Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia!
Earth and heaven in chorus say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!
Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids him rise, Alleluia!
Christ has opened paradise, Alleluia!
Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!
Once he died our souls to save, Alleluia!
Where's thy victory, boasting grave? Alleluia!
Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia!
Following our exalted Head, Alleluia!
Made like him, like him we rise, Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!
[More verses -- not on this YouTube video]
Hail the Lord of earth and heaven, Alleluia!
Praise to thee by both be given, Alleluia!
Thee we greet triumphant now, Alleluia!
Hail the Resurrection, thou, Alleluia!
King of glory, soul of bliss, Alleluia!
Everlasting life is this, Alleluia!
Thee to know, thy power to prove, Alleluia!
Thus to sing, and thus to love, Alleluia!
Worship our Lord today by going here.
ABOUT CAPITOL HILL PRAYER PARTNERS
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at email@example.com for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Learn more about CHPP by going here.
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
CHPP, Facebook, and You!
Due to issues of security, Capitol Hill Prayer Partners has a standing policy of not pursuing the various social networking opportunities to broadcast our message. Those networks may include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others . . .
However, we continue to encourage you to share our alerts with your own networks of prayer partners, as you are able to do so.
If you are on Facebook (for example), may we suggest the following strategy??
Simply refer your friends to our website on your own Facebook page, where they can read our alerts - and subscribe - for themselves.
Our website is located here:
Donate to CHPP!
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Our Weekly Bible Studies
Our Weekly Bible Studies:
Week of Sunday, April 20 - Saturday, April 26, 2014
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
Come visit us by going here.
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.