The mainstream media did not cover the actions
of the truckers and the veterans in D.C.
See below to see what really happened yesterday
in your nation's capital!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Monday, October 14, 2013
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Monday, October 14, 2013
> > > Please note: for the next two weeks. we will not be able to publish Our Weekly Bible Studies, written by Susan Turner.
If you wish to follow her teachings during that time. please send Susan an email at:
Slturner77@aol.com and she will mail them to you directly. Thank you!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Senate plots House GOP squeeze - The Hill
The White House and the Senate are working to squeeze House Republicans into accepting a bipartisan compromise from the upper chamber to reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we need Your intervention so that our elected officials will understand that discussion and compromise are needed for this budget crisis to move forward in a manner that considers all points of view. Help us Lord! We ask You to arise and be in the midst of these negotiations. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "To do evil is like sport to a fool, but a man of understanding has wisdom." (Proverbs 10:23 )
2. Polls show Americans really, really unhappy with Congress - Yahoo News
Congress had to know voters wouldn't be happy with a government shutdown and a debt-ceiling crisis. But two recent polls show many Americans would fire all of Congress, or lobby for a new political party. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that this political crisis be used to awaken more Americans about what is truly happening in this nation. May it cause them to become more aware and involved in selecting who leads us and who is running for office. Awaken them fully, Lord, and use this crisis to draw them unto You, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "The labor of the righteous leads to life, the wages of the wicked to sin." (Proverbs 10:16 )
3. World's top bankers warn of dire consequences if U.S. defaults - Reuters
Three of the world's most powerful bankers warned of terrible consequences if the United States defaults on its debt, with Deutsche Bank chief executive Anshu Jain claiming default would be "utterly catastrophic." "This would be a very rapidly spreading, fatal disease," Jain said on Saturday at a conference hosted by the Institute of International Finance in Washington. (Read more)
- Abba Father, here is another issue that US citizens need to be 'awakened' about -- the issue of the government not meeting its debt demands and the manipulations it pursues to avoid its responsibilities with this ever growing debt. Help us Father, to pray and to know what You would have us do, so that our government will deal with this fiscal crisis in an appropriate manner, in Jesus' Name we offer this prayer, Amen and Amen.
- "The fear of the Lord prolongs days, but the years of the wicked will be shortened." (Proverbs 10:27)
4. 'De-Americanised' world needed after US shutdown: China media - Yahoo News
While US politicians grapple with how to reopen their shuttered government and avoid a potentially disastrous default on their debt, the world should consider 'de-Americanising', a commentary on China's official news agency said Sunday. "As US politicians of both political parties (fail to find a) viable deal to bring normality to the body politic they brag about, it is perhaps a good time for the befuddled world to start considering building a de-Americanised world," the commentary on state news agency Xinhua said. (Read more)
- Abba Father, this article contains a dire warning to our nation. The world is observing how those elected to serve our interests cannot discuss, compromise or work together. We repent to You alone for the failures of our leadership and how we let this nation fall this far without rising up sooner. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom, and before honor is humility." (Proverbs 15:33)
5. Veterans Descend on Washington - Carry BARRY-cades from Memorials to White House - Freedom Outpost
Veterans descended upon Washington DC this morning to visit the open air WWII memorial and the Iwo Jima memorial. Thousands of individuals were on hand to support these veterans to visit the memorial in spite of Park Rangers attempting to thwart visitors the day prior. Ordinary citizens picked up barricades around the WWII memorial and piled them in stacks on the grassy areas of the park. (Read more)
> > > Note: More information on the events today in D.C. are printed below.
- Father God, we say PRAISE GOD! Let the "revolution" begin here and begin now . . . without any guns or any violence, but simply seeing our people take back our land and defend our Constitution. Praise God!
- "Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end . . ."
6. Food stamp debit cards not working in many states - Townhall.com
People in Ohio, Michigan and 15 other states found themselves unable to use their food stamp debit-style cards on Saturday, after a routine test of backup systems by vendor Xerox Corp. resulted in a system failure. While the electronic benefits system is now up and running, beneficiaries in the 17 affected states continue to experience connectivity issues to access their benefits. (Read more) > > > Note, in at least two states, Ohio and Virginia, this system had not been operating as early as Thursday last week.
- Lord, when a number of people went to get their groceries this weekend, suddenly and without notice, these EBT cards (also called food stamps) did not work. They had to return home empty-handed. We ask that these people be in Your care, where they can get the food needed for now, but also that they will soon have jobs that will provide for them without having to rely upon these debit cards. Draw them unto Yourself so that they truly get the 'food' to set them free indeed! In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God." (Psalm 40:17 )
7. Sen. Rand Paul: 'Worldwide War on Christianity' Ignored by Obama, Media - The Blaze
The "war on Christianity" is being ignored by the mainstream media and the Obama administration, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) charged Friday, addressing the global attacks on Christians around the world. "From Boston to Zanzibar, there's a worldwide war on Christianity," Paul said to applause Friday when speaking at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C. (Read more)
- Lord, it is as You warned us in Your Living Word, that as they hated You, they will hate the ones who follow You. Lord, we ask that awareness of what is happening in the U.S. as well as globally be shown to Your people so they will rise up in prayer and intercession, doing battle in the heavenlies. We pray in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "And Jesus, answering them, began to say: 'Take heed that no one deceives you . . . But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.'" (Mark 13:5,11b and 13 )
8. European Parliament wants Iran to release American Pastor - WND
Members of the European Parliament have called on the rogue Islamic regime in Iran to release American Pastor Saeed Abedini, who has been jailed there for more than a year over his Christian faith. "The fate of Pastor Saeed Abedini in Iran is also a matter of deep concern to MEPS, who called on the government to exonerate and release him immediately," the organization posted in an online statement. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise for this report, that members of the EU Parliament are requesting the release of Pastor Saeed Abedini from the Iranian Prison where he is held, and that he be allowed to return to the US and his family. Father, raise up Your right hand and extend Your arm, confronting all involved, so that this requeat may be truly heard and acted upon, in Jesus' Name we offer this prayer, Amen and Amen.
- "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me." (Psalm 50:15)
9. Presbyterian Church USA Teams Up With American Islamists - The Clarion Project
The Church is an official interfaith partner with U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entities and supporters of Sharia for America. (Read more)
- Lord, here is another church leader who is promoting a 'false doctrine' in violation of Your Holy Word! O Father, forgive us as a nation that people who profess to be Christians have fallen so far away from You that this kind of action and beliefs are being promoted. Lord, we drive the stake of Yeshua's cross through the lies promoted in this man's book and ask that its false statements will be fully exposed for all to see! In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, but the perverse tongue will be cut out." (Proverbs 10:31)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth."
Note: Source for all articles below is Bridges for Peace.
1. Israel Nervous Iran Wants to Fake a Deal
The international community is set to sit down with Iran in Geneva next week [of Oct 14] and try once again to reach a deal. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Iran will offer more than it ever has before-it will say it's willing to stop enriching uranium to 20 percent, will offer to dismantle the reactor at Qom and will agree to more inspections
2. Israel's Chief of Staff Predicts More Terrorism
Lieutenant General and IDF Chief of Staff Benny Gantz predicted that terrorism will play an increased role along the border regions in the coming years, especially because conventional militaries have failed to overcome Israel's military. He also warned of the large arsenal of missiles that Hizbullah has stockpiled in the south of Lebanon, and the danger that such weapons pose to the entire country of Israel. Gantz made it clear that Hizbullah possesses substantial numbers of "precision missiles," allowing the militia to make targeted strikes against what it deems high value targets within Israel.
3. Egyptian Violence Renews Oil Concerns
Tragic clashes in Egypt have returned and dozens more have died in violence between supporters of the former Islamist president and security forces backing the current government, according to Ahram Online. That's bad enough news, but it gets worse: There's been resurgence in militant attacks on Egyptian authorities that could eventually target the world's oil trade.
4. Erdogan: Syria's Assad Is "Terrorist"
In an interview with the Turkish paper Hurriyet, Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan attacked Syria's Bashar Assad, saying the Syrian president is a terrorist, and not a political figure any longer.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame." (Romans 10:11)
Bangladesh--Christians Pressured to Return to Islam - (Voice of the Martyrs)
Christians in Bangladesh have been pressured to worship at a mosque and have been threatened with eviction from their village unless they renounce their faith and return to Islam.
Tangail Evangelical Holiness Church in Bilbathuagani village was created on Sept. 8 by a group of 25 Christians who had been meeting secretly for three years. But on Sept. 13, local council chairman Rafiqul Islam Faruk and 200 demonstrators protested the church, and Christians were summoned to his office. Authorities threatened to burn the believers' homes, beat them and evict them from the village if they did not renounce their Christian faith. Eight church members agreed to return to Islam after the threats.
The Bangladesh constitution grants every citizen the right to profess, practice or propagate any religion, as well as the right to establish, maintain and manage its religious institution.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
Veterans Descend on Washington!
Veterans Descend on Washington
- Carry BARRY-cades from Memorials to White House
Veterans descended upon Washington DC this morning to visit the open air WWII memorial and the Iwo Jima memorial. Thousands of individuals were on hand to support these veterans to visit the memorial in spite of Park Rangers attempting to thwart visitors the day prior. Ordinary citizens picked up barricades around the WWII memorial and piled them in stacks on the grassy areas of the park.
Will Gonzalez, along with hundreds of individuals from the WWII memorial, marched along the streets to the White House assisted by law enforcement. According to Will's live report on Guerilla Media Network, the truckers' horns could be heard as the truckers passed the White House. The group reached the gates of the front door of the White House and protests directed at the occupants of the White House could be heard on the live broadcast. Will Gonzalez yelled, at the behest of Pete Santilli, . . . led the crowd in cheering over and over, "U-S-A, U-S-A."
The lamestream enemedia reported on outbreaks of salmonella, Iranian nukes with Michael Bolton and Food Network items while the historic descent of patriotic Americans descended upon Washington and the White House. However, 21st Century Wire has reported up to date information of the event as they have happened throughout the weekend.
More people continued to descend on the White House gates in protest of the Obama administration. According to the boots on the ground reporter, Will Gonzalez, several individuals tried to start a problem at the WWII memorial, but American patriots stood in front of these individuals shutting down their dissidence. A caller from Georgia was making his way to the group protesting at the White House, but was unable to find his way. GMN assisted this individual to find his way through downtown so he could lend his voice to the momentous occasion. Police officials have also been calm and basically neutral without any riot gear whatsoever but were stationed around the White House.
> > > This report is a direct answer to our prayers for the safety of the truckers and the vets this weekend. Thank You, Lord!< < <
Patriotic Americans also reclaimed the Lincoln Memorial as one woman urged all Americans, "to do something now."
In an interesting development, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, Senator Ted Cruz and Senator Mike Lee helped protestors at the Lincoln Memorial remove barricades to allow visitors access to the national monument. Protestors then carried barricades from the Lincoln Memorial and the WWII memorial to the White House and placed those barricades in front of the gates. Police appeared in riot gear with face masks to confront the crowd to obstruct their view. Only 5 officers were in riot gear but did stand in front of the barricades blocking the crowd. Patriotic individuals coerced police officials back into the streets. According to Will Gonzalez, the group is within 10 feet of the gates to the White House. (Read more here.)
- Hallelujah! We also praise God for the fact that the police response was muted, at best, and although a few showed up in riot gear, near the White House, nothing came of that, either. America: this is how this works! Praise God!
- "Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power . . ." (Ps. 110:3 NASB)
[Link includes many photos!!]
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Speeches Given at Values Voters Summit
Now Available Online
For two days last week, the Family Research Council hosted scores of outstanding speakers at their annual Values Voters Summit.
Some of these included:
Dr. Ben Carson
Sen, Mike Lee
Sen. Ted Cruz
Sen. Rand Paul
Sen. Marco Rubio
Sen. Tim Scott
Mark Levin, Esq.
Rep. Paul Ryan
Rep. Allen West
and many, many others . . .
To view these speeches, go here.
Worship With Us Today!
DEEP PRAYING INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
Instrumental music for prayer. . .
Worship Him now in the Spirit of holiness . . .
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!