Sunday, November 3rd is
"Orphan Sunday." Go here
to learn more.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Friday, October 25, 2013
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Friday, October 25, 2013
"If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. New report says Iran can have nuclear bomb in a month - Times of Israel
Iran can enrich enough weapons-grade uranium for a single nuclear bomb in about a month, according to an estimate by a nuclear non-proliferation think tank released late Wednesday.
- Lord, issue a wake up call to our leaders. Cause them to see and act on the urgency of these findings that Iran can have a nuclear bomb in a month. Israel has been warning the U.S. repeatedly. Help our leaders heed these warnings once and for all. In Jesus Name.
- But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble [in] judgment. (Isaiah 28:7)
2. Spying scandal: US accused of listening in on phone calls of 35 world leaders - UK Independent
Europe's leaders have turned their wrath on the United States, condemning as unacceptable the alleged "out of control" spying on citizens and governments, as it emerged that the phone calls of up to 35 world leaders could have been monitored by Washington's security agencies.
- Lord, we speak calm to this storm. The U.S. has caused much unrest and distrust with world leaders. We seem to be "out of control" in our spying, although we know no country is innocent of spying. We ask you to repair the relationships with these world leaders. In Jesus Name.
- I the LORD search the heart, [I] try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, [and] according to the fruit of his doings.(Jeremiah 17:10)
3. Obama Purging Military Commanders - The Blaze
Nine senior commanding generals have been fired by the Obama administration this year, leading to speculation by active and retired members of the military that a purge of its commanders is underway.
- Lord, we intercede for our military. We hear reports of removing God from all aspects of our military. The Air Force is removing God from their oath. Our soldiers are restricted more than ever in regards to their religious beliefs. We plead the blood of Jesus over our soldiers. We ask protection over their rights to pray and express their beliefs. Whatever the outcome of this purging of Commanders, we ask you to keep in place all Commanders who are Bible believing, God fearing, men of God. In Jesus name.
- If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you. (John 15:18)
4. Obama's fingerprints all over IRS Tea Party scandal - Fox News
It's past time for the media to begin asking President Obama tough questions about the IRS conservative targeting scandal. After all he was involved, publicly, from the beginning.
- Lord, reveal the truth on the IRS scandal. Bring to light all deceptions and manipulations. Our sins will find us out. What we sow we shall reap. All those involved in this scandal will reap what they have sown. It is a law You have set forth.
- Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. (Romans 16:17-18)
5. Health insurance cancellation notices soar above Obamacare enrollment rates - Daily Caller
Hundreds of thousands of Americans who purchase their own health insurance have received cancellation notices since August because the plans do not meet Obamacare's requirements.
- Lord, we continue to intercede over Obamacare. More and more confusion and problems are coming forth. Cause our lawmakers to bring a halt to this law. Lord, provide some other solution that will not be a burden to the American people.
- For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay [them] on men's shoulders; but they [themselves] will not move them with one of their fingers.(Matthew 23:4)
6. Democrats beginning to support Obamacare delay - USA Today
A rising tide of Democrats has begun voicing support for easing the deadlines and penalties of the Affordable Care Act, showing the first cracks in party unity against GOP opposition to the health care law.
- We offer a chorus of praise for this good report! Scripture commands us to pray for ALL in authority -- not just the Republicans or the Democrats. As we do so, may they cross over party lines to seek the common good for the people of our great nation.
Lord, we ask You to continue to move upon the hearts and minds of each member of Congress and the Senate, drawing them to the plumbline of Your truth. Thank You, God, amen.
- "Many people shall come and say,
"Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
To the house of the God of Jacob;
He will teach us His ways,
And we shall walk in His paths."
For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah" (Psalm 24:7-10)
1. Abbas says he's ready to meet with Netanyahu - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas declared he's prepared to meet with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for direct peace talks.
2. US could accept Israeli strike on Iran soon, says former IDF intel chief - Times of Israel
In a probing interview with the New Republic published on Wednesday, former IDF intelligence chief Amos Yadlin made his assessment clear: the coming year would be the year of decision for Israel on Iran. The next several months, he said, would provide the last opportunity for Israel to confidently and effectively strike the Islamic Republic's nuclear program, if that's what it chooses to do.
3. BULLETIN!! US policy on Iran unites adversary Israel, Saudis - AP
Israel's prime minister urged the U.S. on Wednesday to be as tough in nuclear negotiations with Iran as it is about dismantling Syria's chemical weapons stockpile. The comments put new pressure on Washington to convince two of its key Mideast allies that America will not sell out their interests as it tentatively warms diplomacy with Tehran.
4. Israel clashes with US as it calls for destruction of Iran's nuclear industry - UK Telegraph
The United States and Israel clashed on Wednesday over Iran as Benjamin Netanyahu called for Tehran's entire nuclear programme to be dismantled and warned the world against accepting a "partial deal".
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"The righteous cry, and the LORD hears And delivers them out of all their troubles." (Psalm 34:17)
KENYA: Murdered Pastor Was Still Holding Bible in His Hand
A pastor in Mombasa, Kenya, was shot to death while praying at his church this weekend, according to Morning Star News.
Charles Matole had received threats after many converted to Christianity during revival services in a coastal area of the country.
Members his church, Vikwantani Redeemed Gospel Church, found him slumped in one of the church's plastic chairs Saturday night. He was still holding a bible in his hand.
"His skull was badly damaged," the church member said.
On Sunday, another pastor, Ebrahim Kidata of East African Pentecostal Church, was strangled and left in some bushes 30 miles north of Mombasa.
The murders come after angry Muslims rioted earlier this month over the killing of sheikh Ibrahim Omar and three others on a road near Mombasa.
Muslim youths from the Masjid Musa Mosque shouting "Allahu Akbar (Allah is Greater)" set fire to the Salvation Army Church building the following afternoon.
Omar reportedly regularly "issued incendiary sermons against non-Muslims," The Standard newspaper reported. (CBN News) Read more.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
The risk and the cost of speaking boldly
Friday, October 25, 2013
I am looking at the headlines this morning as I scan the news that's hard to find, but has significance to each of us. Whistleblower Eric Snowden issued a statement that "no telephone in America makes a call without leaving a record with the NSA." Brazil and Germany joined forces at the UN to restrain the NSA's spying on foreign leaders. A SWAT team of Homeland Security and the Maryland State Police raided an investigative journalist's home and seized her confidential files while also taking away her husband's guns because of his conviction for resisting arrest in 1986. A North Texas woman was arrested, cuffed, strip searched and put in jail over an unpaid traffic ticket. Who is next?
These headlines are at least reported. They do not take into account the literally hundreds of occurrences each day that intimidate those of us reporting the truth or standing our ground against unjust and unconstitutional actions. How many have received visits at their doorsteps from alleged FBI agents over some "anonymous" tip? Is it coincidence that those visits or phone calls come within hours after writing about the Muslim Brotherhood or criticizing this Administration? Point is, that America is a police state. We have our freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution, but big government and authority is far more powerful than a piece of paper adopted by the states 226 years ago. You need to know.
I know that each day I am risking a piece of my freedom by digging deep and reporting on events from a Christian perspective. That is the calling of this Daily Jot ministry. I do not waiver, nor will I. But please understand that there is a cost--both social and financial--to bring this information to you on a daily basis. . .
Over the past year, I have sent out very few fundraising appeals because I just have an aversion against ministries hounding people for money. Probably due to that, we are running on about 60% less funds than in previous years. We seriously need your assistance. . .
If you find value in this ministry and share my burden of risk in bringing the truth here and abroad, please consider making a one time gift or something more regular. In short, your assistance is needed as Paul urged in Ephesians 6:19, 20, "...that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."
You can make a tax deductible (we are a church ministry not a 501C3) donation securely online at:
Or by sending it by mail at:
The Daily Jot
5257 Buckeystown Pike, #314
Frederick, Md 21704
Chris and I . . . thank you in advance for your prayerful consideration and your heartfelt action. Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Defending Public Prayer Before the Supreme Court
Defending Public Prayer Before the Supreme Court
This is a crucial time in American history - public prayer is in jeopardy. WallBuilders has worked with Alliance Defending Freedom in the past and stood with them as they fought for our religious freedom. As such, we wanted to make you aware of a case they are trying at the U.S. Supreme Court - Town of Greece v. Galloway.
For the first time in 400 years, the United States Supreme Court will decide whether or not public prayer will be allowed to continue. November 6th will be a crucial day in America's history as this case is heard before the Court. Three days later, the Supreme Court will make a decision, but it will not be announced until months later. We ask you to stand against this threat with prayer and fasting, especially November 6-9, as the Court hears this case and comes to a decision.
For details on how you can make your voice heard, see the email from Alliance Defending Freedom (below):
Asking God's blessing on public meetings is a cherished American tradition that is now in jeopardy. This practice is at risk because of a challenge brought by two citizens from Greece, New York, who claim to be "offended" by prayers given to open their city's council meetings.
For years, the Greece Town Council has allowed volunteers from the community to begin its meetings with an invocation. But rather than respect the volunteers' heartfelt prayers for divine guidance, the two "offended" citizens and Americans United for Separation of Church and State filed a lawsuit to end this cherished practice.
Alliance Defending Freedom and lead counsel Thomas G. Hungar will go before the U.S. Supreme Court November 6 to defend the Town of Greece - and all Americans who want to pray in a manner consistent with their faith - in order to preserve public prayer in America.
You and all other citizens in cities and towns across this nation should have the same freedom to pray as our Founding Fathers did when they drafted our Constitution. If you believe in prayer and the value of praying publicly as part of legislative gatherings, please show your support by signing the Statement of Support for Public Prayer.
Sign the Statement of Support
This past Sunday in front of a church in Cairo, Egypt, gunmen shot dead four Christians including two girls aged 8 and 12. This most recent example of the relentless attacks against the Christian minority in Egypt perpetrated by the Muslim Brotherhood and other extremists show that this is not the time for the United States to suspend support to the Egyptian government or military, as the Obama administration announced last week. Even Israel is opposed to any suspension of aid or support to the current Egyptian regime.
Lord David Alton of Liverpool, the co-founder of Jubilee Campaign in the UK with Danny Smith, has actively raised the plight of Coptic Christians in Egypt for years in British Parliament. David Alton is a member of the British House of Lords and honorary President of UK Copts Association. Below is the recent, timely, and insightful article he wrote analyzing the violence inflicted on the Coptic Christian Church in Egypt particularly focused on two days in August during which nearly 10% of all churches in Egypt were systematically attacked and incinerated.
In November 1938, in an orgy of violence which would become known as Kristallnacht, Jewish synagogues, homes, hospitals, and schools were ransacked and pillaged. The sledgehammers and petrol left more than 1,000 synagogues burnt and over 7,000 Jewish shops and businesses in ruins. The streets were covered in shards of smashed glass from broken windows.
Compare the charred husk of the Fasanenstrasse Synagogue in Berlin, in 1938, with pictures of the blackened walls of Degla's ruined Church of the Virgin Mary, taken recently in Egypt, and you will readily understand why August 2013 represented Egypt's Kristallnacht.
To view the photos in this article, and to learn how you can track the news out of Egypt that we might all continue to lift up those believers in prayer, please go here.
- - - Although Jubilee Campaign has no connection with this blog, click here for a continually updated blog listing and description of attacks on Christians in Egypt since the new eruption on August 14th. As you see the names and pictures and read the articles please pray for those in Egypt surrounded by this violence. Pray for the victims of this violence and those mourning the loss of loved ones. Pray for God's grace and peace over the land of Egypt as it teeters on civil war. Pray that leaders both local and abroad will work to solve this conflict and protect all people in Egypt.
In HIS Grace and Peace
The Good News Corner (1)
The Good News Corner (1):
Paraguay's Congress Kneels and Prays During Parliament Session
"A nation that honors God will always be honored by God." -Nick Vujicic
When Paraguay's Congress invited Nick Vujicic-the Christian motivational speaker who was born with no arms or legs-to speak, they had no idea he would have them kneel in prayer and intercede for their nation.
In his speech, Vujicic said, "I want to encourage you to kneel before the Lord right now and let's pray. Lord, we thank you for the future of this country. We commit Paraguay into your hands. Forgive our sins and heal our land."
"Lord," he continued, "we pray for miracles, that you lead this government, bless the president and everyone who makes the laws. We uplift the media. We uplift the education system and national security and thank you, Lord, for every business. We ask, God, that we would be pure and help us be the people you want us to be."
According to a Christian Post report, Vujicic had led several youth conferences prior to his congressional appearance, with nearly 12,000 making professions of faith. (Read more)
The Good News Corner (2)
The Good News Corner (2):
Good News: "Choose Life" License Plate is Approved in Washington, DC
"Our members believe adoption is a loving choice for an unwanted unborn or newborn infant that deserves greater public awareness."
Washington, DC)-In Washington, DC, there is some very good news. The pro-adoption "Choose Life" License Plate, sponsored by The Children First Foundation of DC was welcomed into the DC DMV's Organizational Tag Program yesterday. Without a hitch or glitch, several DC "Choose Life" tags with their two smiling children and positive message are already rolling on the roads of our Nation's Capital.
DC residents who wish to purchase a District of Columbia "Choose Life" Tag are encouraged to visit www.thechildrenfirst.org for more information. (The Children's First Foundation) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
That Old-Time Religion:
"What a Friend we have in Jesus . . ."
It's time to sing along with one of the hymns that sustained our ancestors in times as difficult as we face now.
Please be blessed as you go here to find the tune to this old classic hymn; then sing along, out loud, for the Lord loves to hear the praises of His people! Amen!
And now . . . for our generation:
Come, Let's Go Up to the Mountain of The Lord
- Paul Wilbur
Come let's go up to the mountain
Come let's Go up to the Lord
Come let's go up to the mountain
He will teach us His ways
[To hear all of this powerful worship song, go here.]
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!