Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Israel Report Volume I, Number 3
June 16, 2013
". . . and the name of the city from that day shall be, 'The Lord is there.'"
U.S. - Israel Policy
U.S. - Israel Policy . . . Middle East, too.
In order to shorten the length of this report each week, news of U.S. - Israeli Policy will be published instead as a special section on the Monday edition of the Daily Brief.
- NETANYAHU: PALESTINIANS SET PRECONDITIONS TO AVOID TALKS
- POLL: 85% OPPOSE RELEASING PRISONERS FOR PEACE
- IT'S TIME TO STOP NEGOTIATING ABOUT THE NEGOTIATIONS
- NETANYAHU REITERATES: "SMART" BUILDING TO CONTINUE
- PRAYERS FOR THE LEADERS OF ISRAEL
- CRUMBLING UN FORCE ON THE GOLAN
- SPECIAL DELIVERY TO ARAB SECTOR: 10,000 GAS MASKS
- WOUNDED SYRIAN ARRIVES IN ISRAEL WITH NOTE FROM DOCTOR
- TZIPI LIVNI THREATENS TO QUIT ISRAELI COALITION
- MINISTER BENNETT: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING APART
1. NETANYAHU: PALESTINIANS SET PRECONDITIONS TO AVOID TALKS
The Palestinians are setting preconditions to avoid talks, PM Netanyahu told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee Monday. Netanyahu explained he has told US Secretary of State John Kerry several times that nothing is stopping him from starting peace talks - except for preconditions.
"The Palestinians are intentionally insisting on preconditions that we cannot abide in order to prevent the start of negotiations," Netanyahu said. "Every time the government gave the Palestinians what they demanded as preconditions for talks, they made additional demands," the prime minister stated.
He added that negotiations for peace are likely to be difficult. Netanyahu reiterated that any Palestinian state must be demilitarized and secured by the IDF. He also said international forces may be present, but that Israel cannot rely on them, pointing to the Austrian soldiers who pulled out of the Golan. "I'm not complaining to anyone; I'm just saying we can't depend on them," he said. (Jerusalem Post) [Reported by JNN: Vision for Israel]
- Pray US and other global allies will understand the PA's underhanded strategies to place the blame on Israel for lack of advancement in the peace process. Pray Western pressures on the Jewish state to make life-threatening and unreasonable concessions to proven hostile entities will cease.
- "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." (John 8:32)
2. POLL: 85% OPPOSE RELEASING PRISONERS FOR PEACE
Another of the Palestinian Authority's unreasonable demands for resuming peace talks with the Jewish state is that Israel release scores of Arab terrorists from its prisons, many of whom have carried out ruthless attacks against Jewish civilians, collectively killing and injuring hundreds. Violent offenders released in the past in "good will" gestures towards Palestinians have in many cases returned to terrorist activities within months -even weeks. The PA's insistence that Israel release terrorists from prison as a precondition for peace talks is unacceptable to 85 percent of Israeli Jews, according to a Smith Research poll released this week. Asked whether they would support releasing terrorists as a gesture to bring the Palestinians to the negotiating table, 57% said they would strongly oppose it, 28% said they were against it, 13% said they supported it and just 2% said they were strongly in favor of such a move. The survey also asked how withdrawing from Judea and Samaria would impact the security situation in Israel. It found that 68% of Israelis believe it would harm Israeli security and 21% believe it would improve it. (J.Post)
- Offer praise for this stand of unity on the part of the Israeli people. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder on this critical issue, their "enemy" will not be able find a breach in the wall, weakening Israel's position. United they stand; divided they fall. Praise God!
- "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brothers to dwell together in unity! . . . For there the Lord commanded the blessing-life forever." (Psalm 133:1, 3)
3. NETANYAHU: IT'S TIME TO STOP NEGOTIATING ABOUT THE NEGOTIATIONS
[Prime Minister Netanyahu speaking in Poland on Wednesday, June 12.] In the quest for peace, we share a common desire. Both Poland and Israel want peace. Everyone in Israel wants peace. I want peace.
To achieve peace, we must negotiate peace. This is why we both support the efforts of the American Secretary of State John Kerry to restart the peace negotiations. We want to see this American effort succeed. Israel is ready for the resumption of direct negotiations for peace without pre-conditions. I think it is time to stop squabbling over preconditions. I think it's time to stop negotiating about the negotiations. I think we have to start peace talks immediately. (Bridges for Peace)
> > > During his speech, the Prime Minister also addressed other topics, including the civil war in Syria and Israel's expectations of this weekend's elections in Iran. To read his entire statement, please go here.
- Pray that the nations of the world will see God's plan and purpose for His land and that any negotiations will be open and honest. Thank Him that He is well able to bring His plans and purposes to completion. Thank Him, too, for the strong friendship that Israel now enjoys wit the nation of Poland. Amen.
- "Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow to it." (Isaiah 2:2)
4. NETANYAHU REITERATES: "SMART" BUILDING TO CONTINUE
Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is not deviating from his long-held position that building inside of Jewish communities located on land acquired in the 1967 war-land that the Palestinians claim for their state-will continue in order to accommodate natural growth, but the government must be "smart about it, not just correct."
Speaking to a closed-door session of the parliament's foreign affairs and defense committee, Netanyahu rejected the idea that such building prevents the peace process from moving forward, telling the committee that, "the real question is whether there is a will [on the part of the Palestinians] to recognize the Jewish state." Netanyahu's remarks were widely reported by local and international media.
Netanyahu has typically limited building on post-1967 land to those Israeli communities that are widely believed to be slated to remain under Israeli sovereignty as part of any agreement with the Palestinians. Palestinian Authority [PA] President Mahmoud Abbas has steadfastly refused to negotiate with Netanyahu, claiming the Israelis must first eschew building in post-1967 land and recognize pre-1967 borders. The Israelis reject Abbas' position as pre-conditions; the Palestinians insist they are "obligations."
US Secretary of State John Kerry is trying to get the sides back to the table, so far with no success. The Secretary of State was scheduled to return to Israel and the PA this week, but those plans were postponed so that he could attend talks on Syria being held in Washington. (The Media Line)
- Pray that the nation of Israel will not back down but continue to build on the lands promised to them through their covenant relationship with God.
- "Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them." (Joshua 1:6 )
5. PRAYERS FOR THE LEADERS OF ISRAEL
[Source: Intercessors for Israel]
We prayed in particular for Prime Minister Netanyahu, and cabinet members Yair Lapid, Naftali Bennett, Tzipi Livni, Moshe Ya'alon, Yuval Steinitz, Gideon Saar in the light of this week's prophetic scripture which includes the story of Jephthah:
- As the Spirit of God came on Jephthah, come now, Spirit of God, on Benyamin Netanyahu and the members of Israel's government.
- Convict them of sin.
- May they know the truth.
- Give them discernment to know what Israel should do, and obedience to do what must be done.
- Grant them to trust in You with all their hearts. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
6. CRUMBLING UN FORCE ON THE GOLAN
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today [June 9] Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made the following remarks: "Over the weekend, I spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin. We discussed issues related to Syria, where the situation is becoming daily more complex. Only last week, we saw battles close to our border on the Golan Heights. Israel is not intervening in the Syrian civil war, as long as fire is not being directed at us. The crumbling of the UN force on the Golan Heights underscores the fact that Israel cannot depend on international forces for its security. They can be part of the arrangements. They cannot be the basic foundation of Israel's security. (Source: Excerpts of press release by Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs, June 9, 2013)
Reported by: Bridges for Peace. Read more.
- As the situation in the Golan deteriorates, turn the eyes and hearts of Israel's leaders to You, Lord. Pray that they will recognize You as their only true security.
- "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes." (Psalm 118:8,9)
7. SPECIAL DELIVERY TO ARAB SECTOR: 10,000 GAS MASKS
IDF soldiers on Wednesday will distribute more than 10,000 gas-mask kits in a special operation focused on citizens in Arab communities in Israel. A senior Home Front Command officer said this was the first operation of its kind, and was being held in collaboration with local authorities. In it, IDF soldiers will go to Arab communities and distribute the kits directly to the citizens. To date, Arab residents who wanted to obtain gas mask kits needed to go to the post office in a nearby city.
An IDF officer also noted that Home Front Command soldiers have visited Arab fifth grade classes and along with local teachers, shown students how to act during an emergency. "These students then go home and explain to their parents what a protected space is, and what to do when a siren goes off," the officer said. (Ynet)
- Pray for the protection of IDF personnel taking part in this operation, both on Wednesday and in the future. Sad to say, Israeli fire-fighting forces on at least two occasions recently, have been mobbed and stoned by Arab residents as they attempted to extinguish life-threatening blazes in Arab villages within municipal boundaries of Jerusalem.
- "He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
8. WOUNDED SYRIAN ARRIVES IN ISRAEL WITH NOTE FROM DOCTOR
One of the two injured Syrians who were admitted to Safed's Ziv Medical Center on Saturday [June 8] entered Israel with a note from the doctor who gave him first aid on the other side of the border. . . The note was written in Arabic and addressed to Israeli doctors and includes details about the injured young Syrian's condition.
Dr. Oscar Embon, director of the Ziv Medical Center, said "the surgery the patient underwent in Syria was basic. I don't know what instruments the doctors who treated him had at their disposal, but the operation apparently saved his life. Here he underwent a second liver operation. We stitched up his diaphragm and drained the chest."
Some 20 injured Syrians have been treated in Israeli hospitals over the past few months.
(Ynet News) Read more.
Reported by: Bridges for Peace
- Praise God for the medical skills of the Israelis and the willingness to use them, even on a potential enemy. Pray that there will be a resolution to the conflict in Syria.
- "If you meet your enemy's ox or his donkey going astray, you shall surely bring it back to him again." (Exodus 23:4)
9. TZIPI LIVNI THREATENS TO QUIT ISRAELI COALITION
The thinly-veiled ultimatum followed remarks from Danny Danon, the deputy defence minister, who said most of the government - including those in Mr Netanyahu's Likud party - were against a Palestinian state and would block its creation.
"Prime Minister Netanyahu is going to have to decide whether to let 'Danonism' get the upper hand in the discussions, or to allow those forces in Israel that realise that a peace agreement is an Israeli interest to make the decisions," Mrs Livni, who is also Israel's justice minister, told journalists before a meeting of her Hatnua party.
"We will not remain in the government without a peace process."
Her threat indicated that she was unimpressed by Mr Netanyahu's attempts at distancing himself from Mr Danon, a rising star in the Likud whose sentiments echo those of other Right-wingers in the party.
The prime minister's office took the unusual step of issuing a statement on the Jewish Sabbath last Saturday to insist that Mr Danon's dismissal of a two-state solution in an interview with the Times of Israel website did not reflect government policy. (The Telegraph) Read more.
- Bind the spirit of division that seems to be operating through MK Livni; loose the spirit of unity. A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand and in this hour of peril, Israel must stand. Amen.
- "Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 18:18)
10. MINISTER BENNETT: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING APART
"I see no peace on the horizon. We know the truth," said Israel's Economic Minister this week, weighing in on the public feud between Justice Minister Tzipi Livni and Deputy Defense Minister Danny Danon. "The entire Middle East is falling apart before our eyes, and none of the forces at play is registering to the Zionist Federation," he said caustically.
Livni said Monday that PM Netanyahu has to make a decision in the diplomatic sphere, and that he must put an end to the phenomenon she termed "Danonism." The term refers to Deputy Defense Minister Danny Danon, who has spoken out against the idea of a Palestinian state. Danon has said, "Look at the government: there was never a government discussion, resolution or vote about the two-state solution. If you bring it to a vote in the government - nobody will bring it to a vote, it's not smart to do it - but if you bring it to a vote, you will see the majority of Likud ministers, along with the Jewish Home party, will be against it." (Arutz-7)
- Pray for the Israeli people, that they will honor those in authority and, themselves, pray for them. The Prime Minister is walking a very fine line these days in standing for the defense and the protection of his people, while trying to negotiate a peace with his neighbors that honors the original borders of Israel. Pray that this division within the Knesset will cease; pray!
- "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.(Yeshua)"
News in the Region
News in the Region
- MODERATE ROWHANI DECLARED WINNER OF IRAN'S PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS
- STEINTZ: IRAN IS GETTING CLOSER TO NUCLEAR RED LINE
- IRAN UPS CYBER ATTACKS ON ISRAELI COMPUTERS
- P.M. NETANYAHU ON IRAN: "WE ARE NOT DELUDING OURSELVES"
- MAJOR MILITARY EXERCISES LAUNCHED IN JORDAN
- TURKISH FORCES CLEAR ISTANBUL PARK
- PALESTINIANS DON'T EXPECT MUCH FROM NEW GOVERNMENT
- U.S. MESSAGE TO IRAN
1. MODERATE ROWHANI DECLARED WINNER OF IRAN'S PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS
Iran's interior minister Mostafa Mohammad-Najjar has declared moderate cleric Hassan Rowhani the winner of the nation's presidential election, in a surprise victory over the nation's ruling hardliners.
Rowhani, the favorite of reformists and a former chief nuclear negotiator, received close to 19 million votes out of nearly 37 million counted. He secured slightly more than 50 percent of the vote, eliminating a need for a runoff. . . About 50 million Iranians were eligible to vote in Friday's election, putting the turnout at above 70 percent.
Rowhani is slated to succeed President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who was constitutionally barred from a third consecutive term. This is Iran's first presidential vote since Ahmadinejad's disputed re-election in 2009 spawned widespread protests and a bloody crackdown by the government.
The United States congratulated the Iranian people for their participation in the election, with White House press secretary Jay Carney saying the Obama administration respects the vote. But Carney's statement pointed out that the election took place against what he described as "government obstacles and limitations," including a lack of transparency, censorship of the media and an intimidating security environment.
Carney said the U.S. hopes the Iranian government will heed its people's will and make choices that create a better future for them. He reiterated the U.S. willingness to engage Iran directly to reach a diplomatic solution to concerns over its nuclear program. (Voice of America) Read more.
- Through prayer, this surprise result -- bringing a new and more moderate leader to the nation of Iran -- could become a real game-changer. Is there any reason why our Lord, who is the King of all kings and the Lord of all Lords, would not be able to dislodge the ayatollahs from power here, too? Pray for the future of the people of Iran, and pray that its nuclear ambitions would now be stopped in its tracks. Pray!
a. For the people of Iran: "For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (Jer. 29:11)
b. For the toppling of the ayatollahs in this nation, and for the end to their power within the Iranian government: ". . . he removes kings, and sets up kings . . ." (Daniel 2:21)
c. For an end to the development of nuclear weapons in Iran: " . . . "'This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt." (Job 38:11)
2. STEINTZ: IRAN IS GETTING CLOSER TO NUCLEAR RED LINE
Iran is getting closer to reaching the "red line" of nuclear capability set out by PM Netanyahu, warned Israel's Minister of Strategic Affairs Yuval Steinitz on Monday.
"They have close to 418 pounds of 20% enriched uranium," Steinitz said. "Once they have 551 pounds, this is enough to make the final rush to 90 percent," the level of enrichment required for a nuclear warhead, he said. "It is a matter of weeks or maybe two months to jump from 20% to 90% percent with so many centrifuges," warned Steinitz. "What they are doing now, instead of crossing the red line, is widening and enlarging their capacity by putting in more and faster centrifuges."
Iran's aim, charged Steinitz, was to build a nuclear arsenal, not just a single bomb. "Many people are saying it's a question of the Iranian bomb - whether they will have it or not. No. We are speaking about an Iranian arsenal," he said. Tehran's big fear is that a Western military strike could wipe out their nuclear facilities "within a few hours," he added. (INN)
- While everyone's attention seems to be focused on Syria these days, Iran -- even with a new leader now in place -- is quietly continuing to develop its deadly weapon(s). For the sake of the people throughout the Middle East, it is time to act.
Thank God that, if the U.S. will not take action, Israel will. Stand in repentance for our nation's cowardice, should this come to pass, and lift up a successful action in Iran on behalf of the Israelis; as well as protection for her citizens. Pray!
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
3. IRAN UPS CYBER ATTACKS ON ISRAELI COMPUTERS
PM Netanyahu accused Iran and its Palestinian and Lebanese allies this week of carrying out "non-stop" cyber attacks on major computer systems in his country. He gave no details on the number of attacks but said "vital national systems" had been targeted. Water, power and banking sites were also under threat, he added. (Reuters)
- Pray these attacks will be swiftly disrupted and Israeli targets rendered immune.
- "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their vindication is from Me," declares the Lord." (Isaiah 54:17)
4. P.M. NETANYAHU ON IRAN: "WE ARE NOT DELUDING OURSELVES"
Speaking in his first public reaction to the election of Hassan Rohani as the new Iranian president, Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu warned the world not to be deceived by the leader's "moderate" credentials.
"We are not deluding ourselves," the prime minister said said. "We need to remember that the Iranian ruler at the outset disqualified candidates who were not in line with his extreme world view, and from among those whom he did allow, the one seen as least identified with the regime was elected. But we are still speaking about someone who calls Israel the 'great Zionist Satan." Netanyahu reminded the international community that it is Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the country's Supreme Leader, who determines Iranian nuclear policy, and not the country's president.
"The more the pressure on Iran increases, the greater the chances of stopping the Iranian nuclear program, which still remains the worlds' greatest thereat," Netanyahu said. "In the last 20 years the only thing that has brought about a temporary freeze of the Iranian nuclear program was Iranian concern in 2003 about an attack against it," the prime minister continued. "Iran will be judged by its actions,"he said. "If continues to stubbornly develop its nuclear program, the answer needs to be clear: stopping its program any way possible." (INN) Read more.
- We thank the Lord for the Israelis, who always have their eyes wide open and their "antenna" properly adjusted when it comes to knowing and discerning the identities of their enemies. Lift up P.M. Netanyahu and his cabinet as they begin to forge a policy with the new administration in Iran. May they be granted "wisdom from above" as they do so.
- "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go: I will guide you with my eye." (Psalm 32:8)
5. MAJOR MILITARY EXERCISES LAUNCHED IN JORDAN
Jordan announced on Sunday [June 9] the launch of multinational military exercises involving border security and irregular warfare such as combating terrorism and insurgency. More than 8,000 soldiers and observers from 19 countries-mainly Arab and European-will participate in the 12-day "Eager Lion" exercises. Reports suggest that about 4,500 American troops and 3,000 Jordanian soldiers are taking part in the air, land and sea exercise. The objective is to bolster defense capabilities in the face of a possible flare-up from neighboring Syria. "We don't intend to attack anybody," Jordanian Maj.Gen. Awni el-Edwan told reporters on Sunday.
He commented on the annual exercises' first ever deployment of US Patriot missiles. Syria and Russia have both expressed concern over the Patriot deployment. Reports also suggest that the US is sending a Patriot missile battery and F-16 fighters to Jordan for Eager Lion, and may keep them there to counter the threat posed by the Syrian civil war. (Bridges for Peace)
- Pray that these exercises will fulfill their objective of protecting the country of Jordan from any spillover from the warfare in Syria and for continued stability along the Israel-Jordan border.
"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." (Psalm 4:8)
6. TURKISH FORCES CLEAR ISTANBUL PARK
A massive cleanup effort was underway early Sunday at an Istanbul park where hours earlier Turkish riot police cleared protesters camped out in what has become ground zero in anti-government demonstrations targeting the policies of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
At least 29 people were injured in clashes Saturday as police sealed off Taksim Square and took Gezi Park, Istanbul Gov. Huseyin Avni Mutlu said in remarks carried on Turkish television stations. Police pushed protesters onto side streets, where on one street many -- with their faces covered with masks because of tear gas and smoke -- appeared to reorganize.
Chanting "long live Taksim solidarity," the demonstrators began moving back toward the square and park. In turn, authorities fired tear gas and a water cannon down the street to try to disperse them. The move came after police warned demonstrators who have occupied Istanbul's last remaining green space for more than two weeks to depart voluntarily or face being ejected.
By early Sunday morning, most protesters had dispersed and the cleanup was underway, according to CNN's Arwa Damon, who was reporting in the area. (CNN) Read more.
- Although the streets are now calmer inside Turkey, prayer is still needed for this beleaguered nation. Pray that P.M. Erdogan will take heed to the warnings signaled by these protests, and will begin to listen to his people when forming policy. Pray for stability for the nation of Turkey. Pray!
- "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
7. PALESTINIANS DON'T EXPECT MUCH FROM NEW GOVERNMENT
Ramallah: Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas will swear in a new government tonight [June 6]. But incoming Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah does not seem to be the talk of the town.
Palestinian analysts said Abbas's choice of Hamdallah is aimed at making the Prime Minister's post less prominent. "Choosing an academic means that the presidency institution wants to lessen the glamour of the Prime Minister's post", Professor Ahmed Rafiq Awad from Al-Quds University told The Media Line.
A Fatah official, who asked to remain anonymous, told The Media Line that Abbas wanted Fayyad out after disputes intensified between them. (Media Line) Read more.
[Reported by Bridges for Peace.]
- May the disillusionment of the people lead them to seek the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and not to more violence.
- "Go from the presence of a foolish man, when you do not perceive in him the lips of knowledge." (Proverbs 14:7)
8. U.S. MESSAGE TO IRAN
"Come clean on nuclear program and you'll find partner in us."
President Obama's chief of staff calls election of Iranian President Hassan Rowhani a 'potentially hopeful sign'
U.S. President Barack Obama's chief of staff said on Sunday the election of Iranian President Hassan Rowhani was a "potentially hopeful sign," and that if he lived up to his obligation "to come clean on this illicit nuclear program, he will find a partner in us." Speaking on CBS's "Face the Nation," Denis McDonough said: "If he (Rowani) is interested in, as he has said in his campaign, mending Iran's relations with the rest of the world, there is an opportunity to do that."
On Sunday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu urged the West not to let up pressure on Iran to curb its nuclear ambitions after the election of a new president widely seen as a moderate. "We won't fool ourselves, [and] the international community shouldn't be tempted into wishful thinking and weaken the pressure on Iran regarding their nuclear program," Netanyahu said of the election results.
Also on Sunday, Syrian President Bashar Assad said Damascus hopes to strengthen its ties with Tehran. Syria's state-run SANA news agency said Assad also expressed determination to cooperate in all fields, "in the face of aggression, hegemony schemes and the attack on a national sovereignty in our region". (Haaretz) Read more.
- Continue to pray for wisdom for the Obama administration in the coming days, as the results of the election in Iran become apparent. Press in and declare and decree that the elements of Islamic radicalism in Iran are bound by the mighty Hand of God; and that the wind of the Holy Spirit may begin to blow across that vast land. Pray!
- "You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; And light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
Focus on Syria
Focus on Syria
- CIA TO ARM, TRAIN SYRIAN REBELS
- SYRIAN FORCES TRAINING TO STORM ISRAEL'S BORDER
- NETANYAHU HINTS AT ISRAELI ACTION IN GOLAN HEIGHTS
- YA'ALON DESCRIBES SYRIAN CONFLICT AS INSOLVABLE
- IRAN TO SEND 4,000 TROOPS TO AID ASSAD FORCES IN SYRIA
1. CIA TO ARM, TRAIN SYRIAN REBELS
White House plan to arm Syrian rebels raises fears of terrorist links
As the White House appeared poised to send military aid to Syrian rebels, new concerns arose that the weapons will inevitably fall into the hands of terrorist groups who count themselves among hundreds of factions that form the rag-tag Free Syrian Army. . . with U.S. officials confirming Assad's use of chemical weapons against civilians - crossing Obama's "red line" - the White House strongly indicated that weapons are on the way.
"The president has made the decision to authorize additional assistance, but we're not going into specifics," National Security Council spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan told FoxNews.com Friday. "The president has been very clear that all options are on the table, with the exception of U.S. troops on the ground. That is not a possibility." Initial military aid is expected. (Fox News) Read more
- Although our hearts go out to those who are suffering under Assad's regime and now his reported use of chemical weapons, nevertheless, Russia is also waiting in the wings, ready to defend Assad from foreign intervention.
The stage is now set for an end-time conflict. It is time to pray.
- "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
2. SYRIAN FORCES TRAINING TO STORM ISRAEL'S BORDER
Thousands of Syrians are currently training in Iran to serve as a force ready to storm Israel's northern Golan Heights, according to informed Middle Eastern security officials. The officials said between 3,000 and 5,000 Syrian men were being trained in the event Syrian President Bashar al-Assad decides to open a front against the Golan Heights, which borders Syria.
The officials said that for the time being, Russia has urged Assad against taking any action targeting Israel.
The training is being overseen by the Al Quds Force, the elite unit of Iran's Revolutionary Guard responsible for the country's extraterritorial operations, the sources said. This is not the first report of Iran aiding Syria in preparations for ground attacks against Israel.
In May, WND reported the Iranian-backed Hezbollah was establishing training camps near the Syrian capital of Damascus to prepare for possible guerrilla warfare targeting the Golan Heights, according to informed Middle Eastern security officials. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, the war drums continue to rise out of events tied to Syria. Lord, we ask You to arise and be in the midst of all these events. May they be tempered and delayed until it is Your perfect timing, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Let all those who hate Zion be put to shame and turned back." (Psalm 129:5)
- (Prayer request from Intercessors for Israel):
We do not know whether this is the time for the war prophesied in Ezekiel 38 and 39, though the current aligning of nations is making this an increasing possibility. We have been led to pray that God would hold back the nations from coming against Israel before the Lord's perfect time.
- God, rebuke the warring nations that they may flee far away! (Isaiah 17:12-13)
- Strengthen Israel to stand and see how You fulfill Your purposes. (2 Chronicles 20:17)
- Send confusion among our enemies, o Lord! Divide them and scatter them! (Psalm 68:1)
- Let Russia get distracted from the Syrian conflict so that she takes her warships away.
- Put a fear of the Lord into the Russian leadership so they may sense in some way that coming against Israel is coming against the living God.
- Bring the plans of our enemies to nothing. (Psalm 33:10)
- Let God arise and let His enemies be scattered! (Psalm 68:1)
3. NETANYAHU HINTS AT ISRAELI ACTION IN GOLAN HEIGHTS
Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday (June 9) warned that Israel would fill the vacuum left by a disintegrating UN peacekeeping unit in the Golan Heights amid reports that Israeli and Syrian troops recently came close to their biggest direct clash in 40 years.
Addressing a weekly cabinet meeting, the Israeli prime minister said Israel would not intervene in the Syrian conflict "as long as fire is not being directed at us".
But he said international forces in the buffer zone between Israel and Syria could no longer be relied upon to keep the peace - suggesting that Israeli forces could be forced to intervene for self-defence purposes.
"Only last week, we saw battles close to out border on the Golan Heights," he said. "The crumbling of the UN force on the Golan Heights underscores the fact that Israel cannot depend on international forces for its security. They can be part of the arrangements. They cannot be the basic foundation of Israel's security." Mr Netanyahu's remarks came after it was disclosed that Israel had warned Syria that it was prepared to act after the Syrian army moved five tanks and five personnel carriers into the demilitarised zone between the two countries last Thursday in breach of a longstanding ceasefire agreement. (The Telegraph) Read more.
- Now that Israel is starting to see that, in the end (and as Scripture states), no other country will stand with her in her battle for survival. At that time, ask our Lord to draw the Israeli people to You . . . our only sure foundation in life.
- "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1,2)
4. YA'ALON DESCRIBES SYRIAN CONFLICT AS INSOLVABLE
On Syria, Israel Defense Minister Ya'alon downplayed reports of an ascendant President Bashar Assad, saying he controlled only 40% of Syrian territory. He expressed skepticism about any conclusion to the Syrian civil war - "with or without Assad."
Ya'alon said that Syria had become an arena for a "game of superpowers" between the U.S. and Russia as well between Shiites and Sunnis and Iran and moderate Arab states. He said that the rebels are divided between the Muslim Brotherhood, which is supported by Turkey and Qatar, the Salafists, who are backed by Saudi Arabia - and al-Qaida elements whose goal is to destabilize all the countries surrounding Israel in order to use them as launching ground against their main enemy, Israel.
Regarding U.S. military aid to the rebels, Ya'alon said that Israel "was not in a position to dictate" to America what kind of weapons should be supplied to Syrian rebels - but "we have consultations."
Ya'alon was subdued in his reaction to Russian arms supplies to the Middle East, saying that while Israel "is not happy" about the arms supplies, Russian policies in the area "are not aimed against Israel."(Haaretz) Read more.
- Pray that wisdom be increased for Mr. Ya'alon as wisdom has increased for P.M. Netanyahu and that both men continue to lead the Israeli people, being duped by no one. Pray for their protection from all elements.
- " Deliver me from my enemies. Defend me from those who rise up against me."
(Psalm 59: 1)
5. IRAN TO SEND 4,000 TROOPS TO AID ASSAD FORCES IN SYRIA
Washington's decision to arm Syria's Sunni Muslim rebels has plunged America into the great Sunni-Shia conflict of the Islamic Middle East, entering a struggle that now dwarfs the Arab revolutions which overthrew dictatorships across the region. For the first time, all of America's 'friends' in the region are Sunni Muslims and all of its enemies are Shiites. Breaking all President Barack Obama's rules of disengagement, the US is now fully engaged on the side of armed groups which include the most extreme Sunni Islamist movements in the Middle East.
The Independent on Sunday has learned that a military decision has been taken in Iran - even before last week's presidential election - to send a first contingent of 4,000 Iranian Revolutionary Guards to Syria to support President Bashar al-Assad's forces against the largely Sunni rebellion that has cost almost 100,000 lives in just over two years. Iran is now fully committed to preserving Assad's regime, according to pro-Iranian sources which have been deeply involved in the Islamic Republic's security, even to the extent of proposing to open up a new 'Syrian' front on the Golan Heights against Israel. (The Independent) Read more.
- Pray against America's arming terrorists working in Syria and allied with Iran. Iran is mostly Shiite, and we know what the grand ayatollah thinks of Israelis and Americans. In response to America's encouragement of arming the Syrian rebels, Iran is sending 4000 troops to aid the leader of Syria, Bashar Assad. The crisis is confusing. Who is who? Pray for clarity. Pray also against taxpayers' monies being foolishly spent Pray also for the refugees trying to escape the danger occurring in Syria.
- "The eternal is your refuge, and underneath are the ever-lasting arms: and He shall thrust out the enemy from before you; and shall say: Destroy them." (Deuteronomy 33: 27)
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
THE LORD IS THERE
". . . and the name of the city from that day shall be, "The Lord is there.'"
A-don-i Shah-mah (THE LORD IS THERE) -- what a comfort to know that deep in my soul, whatever trouble assails me, You are there with me. Just as You chose Jerusalem to be the city in which You dwelt, You also dwell in the heart of every child of God.
How I praise You for Your eternal truths. Even when I doubt Your presence, I trust Your heart and I know that if I am patient, I will always see your presence. May I never ever doubt that You are always there for me.
(Source: THE NAME- HaShem: Daily Devotional Worship by Dr. Barri Cae Mallin)
Available on Amazon.com by going here.
About This Alert
About This Alert
The Israel Report is published weekly by Capitol Hill Prayer Partners.
Permission is granted to distribute this bulletin at will. HOWEVER, WE ASK THAT YOU NOT POST ANY OF OUR PUBLICATIONS ON ANY WEBSITE WITHOUT PERMISSION. Please cite Capitol Hill Prayer Partners as the source for this information. Thank you for praying with us for our leaders and our nation.