"O Sing For Joy to God Our Strength"
(Worship With Us Today!)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Thursday, June 20, 2013
"What therefore God hath joined together,
let not man put asunder. . . ." (Mark 10:9)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. BREAKING NEWS: HOUSE REJECTS FARM BILL - Fox News
In defeat for House GOP leadership, chamber rejects half trillion-dollar farm bill setting policy for farm subsidies and food stamps. More than 60 House Republicans defected and voted against the half-trillion-dollar bill, which sets funding for farm subsidies and other assistance as well as food stamps. The vote was 234-195 against the bill.
The defeat was not expected. House Speaker John Boehner, who rarely votes, supported the bill. Members stood in silence as they watched the scoreboard Thursday afternoon. (Read more)
- Thank you for your intercession that this bill, in its current form, would not pass this Congress. For details on the problems with this farm bill, please see our Madison Report on Tuesday's edition of the Daily Brief. Your prayers ARE making a difference out there; and we continue to lift up each member of the House of Representatives that they would move with the wisdom of God in all matters related to the passage of this bill. Amen.
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
2. Lawmakers Slam Obama's Nuke Plan - Fox News
Congressional lawmakers warn President Obama's pledge to cut the US nuclear arsenal by one-third would put America at a disadvantage against countries like Russia, North Korea and Iran.
- Lord we pray that You would block any plan that might cause American security to be placed at a disadvantage, but we look to You as our Protector and strength.
- "Some may trust in horses, and some in chariots, but we will remember the Name of the Lord our God." (Psalm 20:7)
3. Report: US military rejected Kerry's plan to attack in Syria - Ynet News
US Secretary of State John Kerry last week called for immediate US airstrikes against airfields under the control of Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime - specifically, those fields it has used to launch chemical weapons raids against rebel forces, Bloomberg's Jeffrey Goldberg reported.
- Father we continue to ask that You stop America from helping either side in this war. We thank You that some members of the Military stood up to Mr. Kerry's poorly thought out ideas.
- "For He has no pleasure in fools . . ." (Eccl 5:4b)
4. New Middle East virus spread in hospitals - NBC News
The new MERS virus, which has infected 64 people and killed 38 of them, is mostly spread in hospitals and it will take special care to prevent bigger outbreaks, experts reported on Wednesday.
- Father in Jesus' Name we draw a line of the Blood of Jesus around this disease and command that it come no further.
- "Behold I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)
5. Tea partyers rally at Capitol, blame White House for IRS mess - Washington Times
Thousands of activists rallied outside the Capitol on Wednesday to protest the IRS targeting of conservative and tea party groups, with many of the event's speakers laying the blame for the fiasco squarely at the White House.
The "Audit the IRS" rally, organized by the Tea Party Patriots organization in response to the agency's improper scrutiny of conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status, drew members and leaders of tea party groups across the country, radio personality Glenn Beck and the Senate's tea party trio: Republicans Rand Paul of Kentucky, Mike Lee of Utah and Ted Cruz of Texas. (Read more)
- (Editor's note: we are praying this link wiil work for you. When we tried to access the entire article on IE, it dropped off the screen. Firefox worked better!)
- Thank You, Lord that this rally occurred yesterday. We pray that our legislators will pay attention to the message, and act with wisdom regarding it.
- ". . . and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel . . ." (John 5:20)
6. Limbaugh: Abortion at Root of Much of America's Ills - NewsMax
Much of the cultural and economic decay facing America can be traced to the more than 50 million abortions performed since the 1972 Roe v. Wade decision, Rush Limbaugh says.
- Lord we know that, when we began removing You and Your Name from our schools and our society, the veil of protection over our people was lifted, and judgment has ensued. We do repent for the shedding of innocent blood (cited here) and for the rampant sexual immorality that now is flooding our nation and our culture, and we cry out for mercy, Lord.
We ask Your mercy for our nation, and forgiveness with abundant grace. We pray for the lost souls of those who turned their backs on You and pursued their own ways. We are weary, Lord, of the evil that surrounds us and ask for a fresh move of Your Spirit across our nation. In Your Name we offer this prayer, amen.
- "You, O God, sent a plentiful rain, whereby You confirmed Your inheritance, when it was weary," (Psalm 68:9)
7. FBI director admits domestic use of drones - RT
Robert Mueller, the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, confirmed to lawmakers that the FBI owns several unmanned aerial vehicles and has used drones for domestic surveillance, but has not adopted any strict policies or guidelines yet to govern the use of the controversial aircraft.
- Lord we continue to ask that You protect American citizens against these aircraft that are incapable to telling friend from foe.
- "Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known." (Matthew 10:26)
8. What brought down TWA Flight 800? Group wants investigation reopened - LA Times
Federal officials are weighing a request to reopen the investigation of the 1996 explosion and crash of TWA Flight 800 that went down off the coast of Long Island, killing all 230 people aboard.
- Father we thank You for the revelation of new information regarding this disaster. We ask that if there was any kind of cover up, You will reveal it. And if not, we pray for Your perfect will to give us peace.
- "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)
9. 'Dead Zones' Predicted for Gulf, Chesapeake Bay - AP
Scientists in Michigan and Louisiana are predicting a big summer "dead zone" in the Gulf of Mexico unless a tropical storm hits the area shortly before or during the annual measurement. In the Chesapeake Bay, scientists expect a smaller-than-average area where there's too little oxygen to support fish, shellfish and other aquatic life.
- Lord we speak life to the Gulf Coast and Chesapeake Bay. We pray that You would infuse oxygen into the water, renewing the cycle for aquatic life.
- "Then God said, 'Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures . . ." (Genesis 1:20a)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
". . . and the name of the city from that day shall be, 'The Lord is there.'" (Ezekiel 48:35)
1. Hamas: 100,000 children to enroll in summer camps - Ynet News
As has become customary in recent years, this summer will see hundreds of thousands of small children in Gaza enroll in summer camps organized by terrorist groups. Social activities, religious studies and sport competitions aside, the children will engage in what is the undisputed crowning centerpiece of those camps: the semi-military training that includes use of live ammunition and simulated kidnappings of IDF soldiers.
2. Israel will be first country to receive F-35 stealth jet fighter - Israel Hayom
Israel's Air Force can start preparing the runways after the vice president of Lockheed Martin, Steve O'Bryan, announced on Tuesday at the Paris Air Show that Israel will be the first country to receive the F-35 American-made stealth fighter jet.
3. Syrian mortar strikes Golan, as worries over spillover rise - Times of Israel
A mortar shell fired from Syria landed on the Israeli side of the Golan Heights early Thursday morning, the latest cross border incident after several weeks of calm.
4. Ya'alon: Force Iran to pick survival or the bomb - Times of Israel
Leveling the latest veiled threat in the war of words between Israel and Iran, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said Wednesday that the international community needs to up sanctions to force Tehran to choose between "survival or the bomb."
5. Abbas: Palestinians want Kerry to succeed - Jerusalem Post
Kerry is expected to return to the region next week as part of his efforts to revive stalled peace talks, the Palestinian Authority and Israeli officials said Tuesday.
6. Fatah warns US not to pressure PA to resume talks - Jerusalem Post
The Fatah leadership warned the US administration on Wednesday against exerting pressure on the Palestinian Authority to resume peace talks unconditionally with Israel.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"But now, this is what the Lord says- he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)
1. Christian Farmer's Three Daughters Viciously Beaten in Pakistan - Asian Human Rights Commission
The Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) has received information that three Christian women were severely beaten and paraded naked in the village of Kasur, Punjab province, by armed men and a local landlord on the excuse that goats owned by the women entered the landlord's fields and claimed that they damaged the standing crops. Under pressure of the henchmen of the ruling party PML-N the local police filed a case against the Christians. Conversely they have not acted upon the complaint of physical abuse filed by the Christians. The Christian community is under threat as a member of National Assembly from the ruling party PML-N is forcing the police to act against them.
2. Egypt's Tourism Minister Quits After Morsi Appoints "Terrorist" as Governor - Aljazeera
Egypt's tourism minister has resigned a day after President Mohamed Morsi appointed a new governor to Luxor province from an Islamist party linked to a massacre of holidaymakers in the temple city.
Hesham Zazou said on Wednesday he "couldn't continue in the role of tourism minister" after the appointment of Adel al-Khayat, a former member of the political arm of Islamist group Gamaa Islamiya.
Gamaa Islamiya claimed responsibility for the attack on a major tourist attraction in Luxor killing 58 foreign nationals in 1997.
Ministry spokeswoman Rasha al-Azaizy told the MENA news agency that the Prime Minister Hesham Qandil had refused to accept Zazou's resignation and asked him to remain in his post until the situation is reviewed.
But she said Zazou insisted he would cease to work "as long as the new governor remains in his post, greatly harming tourism in Egypt generally and in Luxor specifically".
3. China's Growing Influence in Hollywood May Deter Release of Christian Films - Fox News
Last year, China surpassed Japan as the second-largest box office in the world - with theater earnings up 36 percent from the previous year.
Experts now anticipate that in the next five to seven years, the world's most populous country will jump the United States in gross box office. This means, whether Hollywood studios like it or not, they will likely have to tailor films to suit the Chinese market and appeal to the country's Communist Party censorship regulations, if they want to have their movies shown there.
Experts tell FOX411's Pop Tarts column this could be a particular problem for films with a strong faith-based theme.
"Christianity in China has long has been associated with Western imperialism and the authorities regard U.S. evangelism, in particular, with some suspicion," Beijing-based entertainment attorney Mathew Alderson told FOX411's Pop Tarts column. "Religious matters are handled by the State Administration of Religious Affairs and the involvement of that authority would be likely if a film were to touch on religious matters."
The Chinese government boasts on its website that "China is a country of great religious diversity and freedom of religious belief. It has over 100 million followers of various faiths," but that doesn't mean the Communist Party exactly embraces content promoting a Christian agenda.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Shutting down the First Amendment
As early as 1722, Benjamin Franklin wrote, "Without Freedom of Thought there can be no such Thing as Wisdom; and no such Thing as Public Liberty, without Freedom of Speech." In the midst of the Revolutionary war, General George Washington addressed his troops on March 15, 1783, "If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." The freedom of speech linked closely with freedom to worship God became the first of the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights amended to the Constitution by the Founders of this nation. The Founders knew that if government suppressed freedoms of religion and speech that liberty would be no longer. Look at today's government.
AFP reports that government spying on the news media, in particular Associated Press, has begun to shut down the free press. In a speech to the National Press Club, AP president Gary Pruitt said, "Some longtime trusted sources have become nervous and anxious about talking with us...In some cases, government employees we once checked in with regularly will no longer speak to us by phone. Others are reluctant to meet in person...Journalists from other news organizations have personally told me that it has intimidated both official and nonofficial sources from speaking to them as well." How cunning a government that spies on the free press to strategically dry up the wellspring of free speech that holds it accountable.
It's not only the sources of information to the news media this White House is discouraging. You and I are no longer free to say what we think over the phone or in emails. The government is spying on us. It has admitted it. Oh, yes, there is justification. With Islamic terrorism, we must give up some of our rights to live safely. Unfortunately, Benjamin Franklin already thought this through in 1775 when he said, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." This is exactly what the Patriot Act does. Now the government, under this occupant of the Oval Office, has used this Act as justification to spy on you as if you are an enemy of the state. This has become systematic.
Thomas Jefferson is quoted as saying, "Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematical plan of reducing us to slavery." Perhaps that distinguished period began in ernest on September 11, 2001. We are being reduced to slavery. And a clear indication of it is found in Gary Pruitt's remarks. May we become once again an Ephesians 6:19,20 people,"And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly as I ought to speak." In this statement is the essence of true freedom.
Have A Blessed And Powerful Day,
A Message from Rick Joyner
A Message from Rick Joyner
A Time For Courage
As the revelations of the last few weeks now make abundantly clear, our freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and our freedom of religion may have never been in greater jeopardy than they are right now. The remainder of this year will likely determine whether we will remain a free people or succumb to a terrible tyranny.
The scandals around Benghazi, the attacks on the press, and the IRS being used to target political enemies are some of the most shocking Federal Government overreaches in our history. Now we find these are only "the tip of the iceberg" of the assault on our freedoms and our basic privacy. . .
All of these revelations and scandals are far beyond anything we have ever witnessed. They are coming at us so fast that people may go numb and just shut down. In the Book of Daniel, the devil's strategy is to attempt to "wear out the saints," and this has always been an effective strategy. However, now is not the time to shut down and throw up our hands declaring that this is too much to process. Everything we hold dear as Americans, our most basic liberties, are in serious jeopardy. It is time for courage and our most resolute determination that this is not going to happen on our watch, and that we will never give up. It is not too late.
The Three Important Questions
There are three crucial questions to ask in any crisis: What is happening? What is not happening? What can I do about it? These were first stated by the U.S. Army Colonel made famous in the book and movie We Were Soldiers. In the first U.S. Army battle against a regular North Vietnamese Army, Colonel Moore used these questions to lead his force through what looked like impossible odds to ultimate victory. It was then adapted for the U.S. Army Manual as a commander's basis for evaluating a crisis. We will use it here.
[To read the entire article, including the answers to these three important questions, please go here. We agree with Rick Joyner: rather than caving in, we must reach out to the Lord to find His strength in these perilous times, and then join with others in this battle. Thank you.]
Amazing Find from Era of King David
Amazing Find from Era of King David may confirm Old Testament text
-- if politics don't interfere
A carved pillar discovered near Bethlehem may be linked to the Biblical King of Kings, David himself, or perhaps validate the scope of wise Solomon's majestic kingdom.
If they ever get around to digging it up, that is.
Israeli tour guide Binyamin Tropper, who thought he was the first to discover the major historical artifact, was astonished to find out that authorities had known about the pillar for decades -- and had been keeping it a secret all that time.
"When I realized the significance of the pillar, I told my boss who spoke with the Israeli Antiquities Authority (IAA)," Tropper, who works at the educational field school at Kibbutz Kfar Etzion, told FoxNews.com. "The IAA then told him, 'that's great, now shut up.'" (Fox News) Read more here.
- Father we can't understand why anyone would want to stop such an important find from public information. But we ask that if this pillar glorifies You, then we pray it will be revealed in its entirety to all.
We thank You that this discovery will serve to confirm the set boundaries of the land of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob - the land of the present day nation of Israel. Amen. ". . . for the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end." (Daniel 12:9b)
- "'Thus says the Lord God, "When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and will manifest My holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they will live in their [a]land which I gave to My servant Jacob.
They will live in it securely; and they will build houses, plant vineyards and live securely when I execute judgments upon all who scorn them round about them. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God."'" (Ezekiel 28:25,26)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Fire of God Falls on Medical Conference
"It was quite a sight to see medical doctors lying on the floor after being hit by the 'fire of God.'" -Dan Wooding
(Toluca City, Mexico)-There were extraordinary scenes on the final day of a Christian medical conference when a famed heart doctor produced evidence of how, after he had prayed for a patient who had died and was being prepared for the morgue, "he was brought back to life after prayer."
Dr. Chauncey W. Crandall IV, who serves at the Palm Beach Cardiovascular Clinic in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, made his dramatic presentation on June 15, 2013, on the final day of the 10th Annual World Christian Doctors Network (WCDN) conference in Toluca City, Mexico, which brought together some 350 doctors and medical professionals from 24 countries. . . .
After he had shared the story with the audience, which also included pastors and others from Toluca City, he then began preaching the Gospel and asked if there was anyone in the room who had not yet given their lives to Christ, to come forward for prayer.
Scores poured forward and soon Dr. Crandall was laying hands on them and saying that they should receive "the fire of God" and many fell backwards and were placed on the ground.
Then he asked those doctors and medical professionals who needed prayer, to also come forward and many also came forward and he prayed the same prayer over them as many also fell to the floor. It was quite a sight to see medical doctors lying on the floor after being hit by the "fire of God."
> > > The World Christian Doctors Network (WCDN) meets each year to discuss "Spirituality in Medicine," and each of its members believe that "spiritual healing" is an answer to sickness in the 21st Century. They say that medicine alone cannot deal with some of today's worst illnesses.
But these doctors also believe that miracles should be documented and various respected doctors, like Dr. Crandall, presented actual case studies of miracles, with the medical evidence, to the attendees. (ASSIST News) Read more, including photos, here.
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"O Sing For Joy to God Our Strength"
O Sing for joy to God our strength
O Sing for joy to God our strength, our strength
If we call to Him, He will answer us
If we run to Him, He will run to us
If we lift our hands, He will lift us up
Come now praise his name, all you saints of God.
Draw near to Him, he is here with us
Give Him your love, He's in love with us
He will heal our hearts, He will cleanse our hands
If we rend our hearts He will heal our land.