N.J. pulled Tax Exempt Status from Monmouth Church Group
We have prayed for a Methodist church group in Monmouth County, NJ that refused to allow a same- sex union ceremony to take place in a pavilion and boardwalk and church-owned beach property. Same- sex civil unions are prohibited in church structures under the Methodist Church Book of Discipline. This week the state Department of Environmental Protection stripped the Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association of its property-tax exemption because they refuse to make their boardwalk pavilion equally available to all people - a requirement for tax exemption under state law. Unless pastors and people in churches across America secure their religious freedoms by praying and taking citizen action to preempt such charges, we will see similar local and state actions across America.
· May God vindicate this church group on appeal, and may pastors, congregations and denominations take note of this huge affront to religious liberty in the juxtaposition of homosexual ideology against historic Christian faith. May God stir his pastors and leaders to effective action!
· "Stand fast there fore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." (Gal. 5:1)
(Source: Family Research Council Prayer Alerts)
1. Another ACLU lawsuit against Ten Commandments meets with defeat - One News Now
The founder of Liberty Counsel says the dismissal of an ACLU lawsuit against a Ten Commandments display in one Kentucky county is not a good sign for the anti-American organization.
· Lord, thank You for hearing the prayers of the righteous in our land. Thank You for defeating those that stand against Your commandments. We ask You to use these same commandments they are against to bring them to the understanding they need You as their Lord and Savior.
· "The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous. Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." ( Prov. 15:29,14:34)
2. Bush Speech Praises Islam at Iftaar Dinner - CBN News
President Bush embraced the Islamic faith Thursday night as he addressed his Muslim guests at a Ramadan feast he hosted at the White House's annual celebration.
· Lord, we ask for forgiveness over the exalting of Islam. You alone are Lord God Almighty. We exalt Jesus Christ as King of Kings and Lord of all Lords. Our nation was established upon Your word and we ask that this confusion of praising Islam be brought down. Thank You as a convenant keeping God that You will never leave us or forsake us. Praise Your Holy Name.
· "Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no savior beside me." (Hosea 13:4)
3. House passes bill to place contractors working abroad under U.S. law - Int'l Herald Tribune
The U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill Wednesday that would make all private contractors working in Iraq and other combat zones subject to prosecution by U.S. courts. It was the first major legislation of its kind to pass since a deadly shootout last month involving employees of the American firm Blackwater USA.
· Pray for justice and righteous judgement. Pray the wording of this bill to be clear and concise.
· "Thou hast amighy arm: strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand. Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face." (Ps. 89:13-14)
4. Kremlin Sets New Race Over Arms - NY Sun
Russia has fired another shot in what is fast becoming a new Cold War, condemning the successful American test of its missile defense shield -- President Reagan's Star Wars program -- by threatening a full-scale arms race with the West if American weapons are stationed in space.
· We thank You sovereign for You alone rule over all heaven and earth. Our trust and hope is in You.
· "The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fullness thereof, thou hast founded them. For the Lord is our defense; and the Holy One of Israel is our King." ( Ps.89:11,18)
5. 1.4 billion dollars in possible US arms sales to Mideast announced - AFP The Middle East in Focus 1. Report: Iran worried over Syrian air defense failure in IAF strike - Ha'aretz 2. Hamas: Fatah has launched insurgency against us in Gaza - Jerusalem Post 3. Fatah: violence will erupt if conference fails; US may delay meeting date - Israel Insider
The Pentagon notified Congress Thursday of possible sales of missiles, armored vehicles and cargo aircraft upgrades worth nearly 1.4 billion dollars to four Mideast states.
The biggest of the possible arms sales announced Thursday was to Saudi Arabia, which the Pentagon said wants to buy 61 light armored vehicles, and 50 Humvees along with assorted guns, machine guns and night vision goggles. Three other nations are also due to receive weapons are Egypt, Kuwait, and the United Arab Emirates.
· Lord, we ask wisdom in the sales of US arms. We pray for these nations to be able to defend themselves against Iran. We ask Your guidance and instruction for our leaders in these negotiations.
· "For his God doth instruct him to discretion, and doth teach him." ( Is. 28:26)
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
""Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt, O virgin of Israel! You shall again be adorned with your tambourines, and shall go forth in the dances of those who rejoice. You shall yet plant vines on the mountains of Samaria; the planters shall plant and eat them as ordinary food." (Jeremiah 31:4-5).
Iran is concerned over the failure of Syria's air defense systems to detect the Israel Air Force non-stealth aircraft that reportedly carried out an attack inside Syria last month, the American weekly Aviation Week reported on its website on Wednesday.
After failing to organize a popular uprising against Hamas in Gaza, Fatah has begun resorting to "insurgency" tactics in a bid to undermine the Islamist movement, Hamas officials said Thursday.
Senior Fatah officials are warning that if the Mideast conference planned for November fails to meet their ultimative demands, an intifada worse than than Al- Aqsa Intifada of 2002 could break out. that violence caused the deaths of more than 1500 Israeli civilians and soldiers, especially due to suicide bombings.
The Middle East in Focus
1. Report: Iran worried over Syrian air defense failure in IAF strike - Ha'aretz
2. Hamas: Fatah has launched insurgency against us in Gaza - Jerusalem Post
3. Fatah: violence will erupt if conference fails; US may delay meeting date - Israel Insider
|Global Prayer Call for Jerusalem this Sunday|
JOIN A 24-HOUR GLOBAL PRAYER CALL FOR JERUSALEM THIS SUNDAY As the DAY OF PRAYER FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM rapidly approaches on OCTOBER 7, we invite you to join in live, interactive prayer with other believers from around the world, interceding for God's purposes for Israel. To participate in these corporate times of intercession for Israel, dial the phone number 605-990-0233 at the times listed above and enter the passcode 3775#. Eagles' Wings Ministries
The ministry Greater Calling is partnering with Eagles' Wings to host a special 24-hour global prayer conference call this Sunday October 7, from 12:01 AM to 11:59 PM, Eastern Time. In addition, each evening this week leading up to October 7, from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM ET, there will also be an hourly conference call to intercede for Israel.
PO Box 450, Clarence, NY 14031
Ph: 716-759-1058 - Fx: 716-759-0731
JOIN A 24-HOUR GLOBAL PRAYER CALL FOR JERUSALEM THIS SUNDAY
As the DAY OF PRAYER FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM rapidly approaches on OCTOBER 7, we invite you to join in live, interactive prayer with other believers from around the world, interceding for God's purposes for Israel.
To participate in these corporate times of intercession for Israel, dial the phone number 605-990-0233 at the times listed above and enter the passcode 3775#.
Eagles' Wings Ministries