Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. " (Hebrews 10:35,36 NIV)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
PLEASE READ TODAY'S DAILY JOT. THANK YOU.
THANK YOU to all of you wonderful saints who introduced yourselves to us this weekend at Awaken the Dawn, and who told us how much you appreciate our work. What an encouragement you are!
"United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ . . ."
North Korea Updates
North Korea Updates
1. North Korea hackers reportedly stole US, South Korea war plans - Fox News
A plan to assassinate Kim Jong Un and preparations for a potential nuclear showdown with North Korea were among the trove of South Korean military documents reportedly stolen by Hermit Kingdom hackers.
South Korea's Defense Ministry did not comment on the alleged hack, which reportedly occurred in September 2016 but was only revealed Tuesday. Rhee Cheol-hee, a lawmaker in South Korea, confirmed the data breach to the BBC. The hack consisted of 235 gigabytes of military documents and about 80 percent of what was stolen hasn't been identified.
North Korea denied stealing the documents, the BBC reported. The country celebrated the anniversary of the establishment of the Worker's Party Tuesday and Pyongyang's first nuclear bomb test on Monday. Pentagon spokesman Army Col. Rob Manning told reporters on Tuesday: "I can assure you that we are confident in the security of our operations plans and our ability to deal with any threat from North Korea." Manning would not confirm the hack. (Read more)
- Father God, we come before You on bended knee. We ask that You dispatch Your warring angels to go forth and to secure every piece of data that has been stolen. We apply the Blood of the Lamb over each piece, and we thank You for hearing our prayer, amen.
- "Bless the Lord, you His angels, Mighty in strength, who perform His word, Obeying the voice of His word!" (Psalm 103:20)
2. University of Hawaii sends 'in the event of a nuclear attack' email about North Korea crisis - Fox News
University of Hawaii students reportedly opened their inbox Monday to find an email headlined: "In the event of a nuclear attack" -- an ominous message sent as North Korea continues to threaten a missile attack on the United States. The email to students and faculty members gave instructions to "shelter in place" if a nuclear or ballistic missile attack by Kim Jong Un's regime did occur, Hawaii News Now reported, citing a copy of the message. "In light of concerns about North Korea missile tests, state and federal agencies are providing information about nuclear threats and what to do in the unlikely event of a nuclear attack and radiation emergency," the email stated.
Legislators on the island met in September to discuss how to prepare residents for a potential nuclear attack, Honolulu Civil Beat reported. Some in attendance noted the meeting wasn't called because of a specific, immediate threat to Hawaii; however, "recent regional military threats" prompted plans for a proper response when needed.
North Korea is about 4,660 miles away from Hawaii. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that the administration at the University of Hawaii is being proactive in helping its students cope with, and confront, this looming threat. We again ask for angelic help, as well, in Your name, amen.
- "You will not be afraid of the terror by night, Or of the arrow that flies by day . . ." (Psalm 91:5)
3. Mattis to Army: 'Stand ready' if North Korea diplomacy fails - Army Times
America's relationship with North Korea remains a diplomatic one, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis said Monday, but he urged members of the military to be prepared in case the situation breaks down.
Mattis also used his keynote speech at the annual AUSA conference in Washington, D.C., to thank allies who have stood with the U.S. through the ages.
"It is right now a diplomatically, economic-sanctions-buttressed effort to try and turn North Korea off of this path," Mattis told the audience. "What does the future hold? Neither you nor I can say."
"There is one thing the U.S. Army can do, and that is you have to be ready to ensure we have military options that our president can deploy if needed," Mattis said. "The international community has spoken, but that means the U.S. Army must stand ready. "
"So if you're ready, that's your duty at this point and time, and I know the Army will always do its duty." (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You that our military stands ready to act, if and when called into action. We all know, too, that trying to "negotiate" with the demonic realm is an exercise in futility. The North Korean leadership is acting in that demonic realm. Sanctions don't work, so we loose Your Holy Spirit over that nation and pray for dramatic changes that only You can bring.
- "Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good; and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight, for your iniquities and your abominations." (Ezekiel 36:31)
4. Experts: North Korea Targeted U.S. Electric Power Companies - NBC News
The cybersecurity company FireEye says in a new report to private clients, obtained exclusively by NBC News, that hackers linked to North Korea recently targeted U.S. electric power companies with spearphishing emails.
The emails used fake invitations to a fundraiser to target victims, FireEye said. A victim who downloaded the invitation attached to the email would also be downloading malware into his or her computer network, according to the FireEye report. The company did not dispute NBC's characterization of the report, but declined to comment.
There is no evidence that the hacking attempts were successful, but FireEye assessed that the targeting of electric utilities could be related to increasing tensions between the U.S. and North Korea, potentially foreshadowing a disruptive cyberattack. "This is a signal that North Korea is a player in the cyber-intrusion field and it is growing in its ability to hurt us," said C. Frank Figliuzzi, a former chief of counterintelligence at the FBI. (Read more)
- Father God, we lift up those in our nation who are charged with keeping our own cybersystems safe, and with protecting our electric grids. We ask that, as they each seek wisdom to discern an attack and to prevent it, You would grant them to be able to do so, in Your name, amen.
- "Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." (Jeremiah 33:3)
5. North Korea Closely Watched as Key Anniversary Marked; Mattis Says Duty of US Army to 'Stand Ready' - CNSNews.com
The U.S. and its allies in north-east Asia are keeping a close eye on North Korea on Tuesday, in case the Stalinist regime marks an important anniversary with a new nuclear, missile or military provocation. The ruling Workers' Party of Korea's founding day is being celebrated in Pyongyang at a time of growing concern that tensions on the peninsula could spark a conflict. The regime in previous years has marked October 10 with shows of military might, and its first-ever nuclear test occurred on the eve of the holiday in 2006.
A South Korean military official told Seoul's Yonhap news agency that the allies have a broad range of surveillance assets in play including reconnaissance aircraft, land-based radar, and a warship equipped with Aegis missile defense systems.
The official said no signs of provocations have yet been detected. (Read more)
- Almighty God, we ask that You send myriads of angels over North Korea and its leaders to wage war in the heavenlies against their evil intents regarding their long range of surveillance assets in play including reconnaissance aircraft land-based radar, and a warship equipped with Aegis missile defense systems. Defeat them, Father, by the power of the Blood of Jesus. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)
6. Top General On North Korea: 'Pray For Peace' - Daily Caller
No one wants war in North Korea, but the U.S. military is ready should a fight break out, a senior defense official revealed Tuesday.
"We will pray for peace every day," Gen. Mark A. Milley, Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army, explained at the Association of the United States Army conference, adding, "but at the same time, the United States Army will prepare for war."
He stressed that North Korea is "most dangerous near-term threat to the United States in the world today," explaining "North Korea is rapidly developing intercontinental ballistic missiles with nuclear weapons that can strike the continental United States."
"North Korea has always been aggressive in their rhetoric and their threat of conventional action," Milley said, "but now, they are becoming a threat that combines devastating capability with the declaratory intent to use that capability against our allies and our homeland." (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that our top military leaders are also men who pray. Thank You, Jesus, amen.
- 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.
Focus on Israel
Feast of Booths Continues!
1. The 'Dress Rehearsal' of Zechariah's Invitation: Thousands of Christian Pilgrims Stand with Israel for the Feast of Tabernacles - Breaking Christian News
They came from the ends of the earth for the six-day celebration, sponsored by the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem (ICEJ), answering an ancient invitation.
"It's the invitation of Zechariah the prophet, in chapter 14, verse 16 of the Book of Zechariah, he envisions a time when all the nations will come up, celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles in Jerusalem, worship the Lord here and we're like forerunners. It's a dress rehearsal," ICEJ Vice President David Parsons told CBN News.
More than 5,000 Christians from nearly 100 nations came for the opening night to proudly stand with Israel and celebrate the Biblical feast.
"In the end of the day it's God's faithfulness that has established for almost 40 years now this international gathering of the Body of Christ in a unique way that you can't find anywhere else," Parsons said. (Read more)
2. IDF: Go and have fun, we're protecting you - Israel National News
All of the attractions were secured by the Judea Regional Brigade, including Givati's Tzabar battalion, the Combat Engineer's 603 'Lahav' battalion, and the HaBokim unit. The units were also reinforced by other forces sent in for the holiday, such as the Border Police.
The constant protection of the security forces enabled visitors to travel freely throughout the area with a strong sense of security. Despite the large number of visitors in the often-hostile area, there were no reported incidents and thousands of visitors returned home safely.
"We prepared in advance for the Sukkot holiday," explains Major Guy Basson, who serves as the Judea Regional Brigade's operations officer. "We will continue to do everything in order to preserve the security of our residents and the many visitors who come to the area in honor of the holiday." (Read more)
3. Israeli delegation said to land in Cairo ahead of Fatah-Hamas talks - Times of Israel
An Israeli delegation flew into Cairo on Tuesday to conduct talks with high-ranking Egyptian officials ahead of Palestinian reconciliation talks in Egypt's capital, according to Arabic media reports. Although there was no word on the content of the discussions, the reports came on the same day unity talks were launched in Egypt between Hamas and Fatah, as the Palestinian Authority seeks to regain sovereignty over the Gaza Strip after a decade of Hamas rule.
4. WATCH: Arab Village Chief: 'We Want to Live Under Israel, Not the PA' - United with Israel
Palestinian leaders often claim that they would like to take a less confrontational stance against Israel but are afraid of "losing" the "Palestinian street."
A new interview with a local Palestinian politician in an eastern Jerusalem Arab neighborhood indicates the opposite to be true: The average Palestinian wants to come home from work and eat dinner with his or her family rather than hearing that their child has become a "martyr" in a violent attack against Israelis.
5. Underwhelming settlers, Israel to advance just 2,000 West Bank homes- Times of Israel
The Defense Ministry body responsible for authorizing construction of Israeli settlements in the West Bank will be advancing plans for roughly 2,000 new housing units when it convenes next week, of which some 1,200 of them will be receiving final approval, and not 4,000 as previously reported.
A quarter of the houses set to earn final approval are part of projects for evacuees of the illegally built outposts of Ulpana (in Beit El), Migron, and Amona, which were demolished - in June 2012, September 2012 and February 2017 respectively - after the High Court of Justice ruled they had been built on private Palestinian land.
The Daily Brief
1. Apocalyptic California Wildfires in North and South Send Tens of Thousands Fleeing for Their Lives- Breaking Christian News
150 Missing as California's 'Apocalyptic' Fires Continue to Rage
In northern California, the fires have destroyed more than 1,500 homes and businesses including its famous wineries. The devastation looks and feels apocalyptic. . .
Firefighters are battling an unusually large number of blazes-14 in Northern California plus a quick-moving one to the south in Anaheim. Firefighters say they've had to focus mainly on just getting people out.
"Life is our primary focus here and we need you to evacuate so we can protect you," Anaheim Fire & Rescue Spokesman Daron Wyatt said.
Officials have received more than 100 reports of missing persons and authorities warn, the death toll could rise. (Read more)
- Father, we speak to the fires to be still! We pray protection on the people and the land. Bring aid to all those in need. We speak mercy and grace upon these areas.
- "In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety." (Psalm 4:8)
2. Nation's Sheriffs Call Calif. Sanctuary State Law 'Dangerous,' 'Reckless' - CNSNews.com
The 20,000-member National Sheriffs Association (NSA) says California's new Sanctuary State law is dangerous, reckless and an obstruction of their efforts to protect the public. The law, signed by Gov. Jerry Brown last week, prohibits police from participating in federal immigration enforcement efforts or inquiring about a person's immigration status, handcuffs police and endangers the public, NSA Executive Director Jonathan F. Thompson said in a statement slamming the law: "Americas Sheriffs are saddened and disappointed that Governor Brown signed this reckless bill into law."
This law has turned police into political "pawns," but they remain determined to protect the public, Thompson said. He also called on lawmakers to pass legislation that would free law enforcers from being hindered by this type of careless, political gamesmanship: "It is unfortunate that California's law enforcement has become pawns in this political game, but they will continue to do their jobs diligently to protect their communities. We also implore leaders in Washington to take action and pass sensible legislation that would prevent careless legislation from hamstringing law enforcement and would give them the tools to combat dangerous policies like this." (Read more)
- Father, we intercede over this law that is placing the public in danger. We pray that You open the eyes and heart of Governor Jerry Brown. Surround him with godly counselors. He is listening to the wrong people. We release him from any bribes or strongholds that have been placed upon him to pass this dangerous law.
- "Keep me from the jaws of the trap which they have set for me, And from the snares of those who do iniquity." (Psalm 141:9)
3. WH Issues 70-Point Immigration Plan; Dreamers Get to Stay If Congress Goes Along With Trump - CNSNews.com
The Trump Administration said on Sunday it is "ready to work with Congress" on three immigration objectives: border security (fund and build a southern wall); interior enforcement (uphold immigration laws and return visa overstays); and merit-based immigration (green cards for spouses and minor children only; establish a merit-based system that puts skills ahead of family connections).
The Trump White House released a detailed plan Sunday night, drawing immediate rejection from Democrats and liberal activists.
In joint statement, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer called the plan "anathema to Dreamers," to immigrants in general, and to the "vast majority" of Americans. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for immigration enforcement. We pray President Trump will be able to make a deal that both sides agree on. Thank You for a plan that is good for the American people and not for politics.
- "Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed." (Proverbs 15:22)
4. Trump Tweets: 'I Will Be Using Power of the Pen to Give Great HealthCare to Many People' - CNSNews.com
"Since Congress can't get its act together on HealthCare, I will be using the power of the pen to give great HealthCare to many people - FAST," President Donald Trump tweeted early Tuesday morning. Acting alone, the president can change or implement various Obamacare regulations, but only Congress can repeal the law or replace it.
Trump has indicated he plans to sign an executive order that would let individuals band together to buy insurance as small groups, across state lines. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has been pushing such a plan to increase competition and bring premiums down.
Over the weekend, the president hinted that he might be open to working with Democrats: "I called Chuck Schumer yesterday to see if the Dems want to do a great HealthCare Bill. ObamaCare is badly broken, big premiums. Who knows!" Trump tweeted on Saturday. Schumer has said that Democrats will work with Trump, but only if he wants to "fix" Obamacare.
Congressional Republicans, who promised to repeal and replace Obamacare for years before Trump was elected, have failed several times to pass a bill that would do what they said they would do. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that we have a president who will place the welfare of the people first, moving with a legal strategy from the Oval Office to help us with an improved health care system for all. Bless Donald Trump, dear Lord, we ask in Your name, amen.
- "But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves." (Malachi 4:2)
5. Rev. Graham: Speak Out! 'These Are Babies' and 'Abortion is Murder' - CNSNews.com
Reverend Franklin Graham, son of world-renowned evangelist Billy Graham, applauded the passage of the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act in the House of Represenatives, but warned that it faces "strong resistance" from liberals in the Senate, and added that the Bible demands that we "speak out on behalf of the voiceless," for "these are babies" and "abortion is murder."
The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act would prohibit abortion of babies after the 20th week of pregnancy, except in cases of rape or incest or when the mother's life is in physical danger. The legislation passed the House (237-189) on Oct. 3 and has been introduced in the Senate.
In an Oct. 6 post in Facebook, Rev. Franklin Graham said, "This week the House voted to approve the 'Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act' that would ban abortions after 20 weeks. President Donald J. Trump has endorsed the bill, but now it has to pass the Senate-and strong resistance is expected by Progressives. This ban is a step in the right direction," said Graham.
"Alabama Rep. Martha Roby said in a speech on the House floor, 'So often we get caught up in the policies of this issue and we forget that these are babies, for goodness sake.'"
"Think about that-these are babies," said the reverend. "Abortion is murder."
He continued, "The Bible tells us to, 'Speak out on behalf of the voiceless' (Proverbs 31:8). You can let your voice be heard." (Read more)
- "Open your mouth for the speechless, In the cause of all who are appointed to die." (Proverbs 31:8)
6. Bannon: GOP's Entire 'Establishment Globalist Clique' Must Go - CNSNews.com
Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) "is an absolute disgrace," but he's just one of the many Republican lawmakers who "have total contempt for the base," Steve Bannon, Donald Trump's former chief strategist, said Monday night.
"When you want to talk about why there's no repeal and replace, why there's no tax cut, why there's no tax reform, why there's no infrastructure bill, you saw it right there," Bannon told Fox News's Sean Hannity. "Corker -- McConnell and Corker and the entire clique - the establishment globalist clique on Capitol Hill -- have to go. If we need any more proof about what they think, you heard it tonight. It's an absolute disgrace."
Bannon was referring to Sen. Corker's recent criticism of President Trump. (Read more)
- Father God, thank You for Steve Bannon. May his words be heard -- and honored -- loud and clear. Our President has been voted into office to "drain the swamp" and to Make America Great Again. In that process, we will be surprised at times to see who is in that swamp. We agree with the President, that the deal sponsored by Senator Corker with Iran is a disaster. Keep us safe, O Lord, and please intervene to bring peace in the camp, amen.
- "Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name." (Psalm 86:11)
7. Trump to Declare Iran Noncompliant With Nuclear Deal Obligations - CNSNews.com
President Trump looks set next week to "decertify" Iran's compliance with its obligations under the nuclear deal negotiated by his successor, after reiterating Thursday his view that the regime in Tehran has "not lived up to the spirit of the agreement." Before meeting with senior security leaders at the White House, Trump said the regime "supports terrorism and exports violence, bloodshed and chaos across the Middle East. That is why we must put an end to Iran's continued aggression and nuclear ambitions," he said, adding that the meeting would be discussing the Iran issue.
Supporters of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) argue that Iran is technically compliant with the deal, but Trump's reference, again, to the "spirit" alludes to a specific paragraph in the accord.
That paragraph says that Iran and the P5+1 negotiating group - the U.S., Britain, France, Russia, China and Germany - "commit to implement this JCPOA in good faith and in a constructive atmosphere, based on mutual respect, and to refrain from any action inconsistent with the letter, spirit and intent of this JCPOA that would undermine its successful implementation." (Read more)
- Lord God, we enter into the presence of the Lord and pray that you intervene and guide President Trump to walk boldly in full assurance that God is behind him to support him in fighting against the deprecatory manner in which Iran has failed to fulfill their obligation to abide by the "rules and regulations" of the nuclear deal in question. Strengthen President Trump to stand tall in his stand for sound judgment. Bind all forces of darkness by the Blood of Jesus and hold them captive, without a voice in this matter. We pray in the mighty Name of Jesus and give thanks for answering this prayer, Lord.
- "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Hebrews 10:31)
8. Kremlin warns of 'negative consequences' if Trump quits Iran deal - Times of Israel
Moscow warned on Monday there would be "negative consequences" if US President Donald Trump pulls out of the landmark Iran nuclear deal negotiated by his predecessor.
Trump is a fierce critic of the 2015 accord, which he has called "the worst deal ever" and US officials say he intends to tell Congress next week that Tehran is not honoring its side of the bargain.
Blair acknowledged that the nuclear deal, the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) that was signed by Iran and six global powers, was the target of considerable criticism - some of which he said was valid - in the United States and around the world, but said that for better or worse, "it is done." (Read more)
- Father, hold President Trump in the hollow of Your hand by directing him to follow all that is Your will in this matter. Hold back the powers of the nations and the enemies of the United States so they have no adverse power over the wise decision that You will lead our President to determine. God, You will save him from all the hidden traps hidden in this Iran deal. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in the measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance? Who has directed the Spirit of the Lord, and being His counsellor has taught Him? Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold He takes up the isles as a very little thing. " (Isaiah 40:12, 13, 15)
9. ISIS Fighters Surrendering In Droves: 'It Really Means This Is The End' - Daily Caller
Nearly a thousand Islamic State fighters have surrendered to Kurdish forces after the terror group lost its last major city in Iraq, The New York Times reports.
Many of the dejected fighters reportedly have soiled themselves and await interrogation and trial by Kurdish authorities. The mass surrender of the terrorist group is particularly unusual for ISIS, who've made a point of fighting to the very last man. In many cases the group made the last days of battle painful for the opposing force by deploying waves of suicide bombers.
One fighter recalled to TheNYT that the ISIS governor of the town of Hawija himself gave the order to surrender in mass. "I believe if the governors are telling us to surrender, it really means that this is the end," he lamented.
"The speed at which the enemy gave up surprised me," Operation Inherent Resolve commander Lt. Gen. Paul Funk told USATODAY after the battle. "Their leaders are abandoning them." (Read more)
- Father God, we PRAISE YOU for this GREAT REPORT!
Thank You for the courage You have given to our men in uniform who have been fighting this battle for three years now.
Righteous Father, we praise Your holy Name that a thousand Islamic State fighters have surrendered to Kurdish forces after they lost the last major city in Iraq. God, we ask that Your power of holiness will surround them and touch their hearts to receive Jesus Christ as Savior of their souls. How glorious are Your works, O God, and how great is Your mercy to the lost souls who need transformation in their lives through the Blood of Jesus. Thank You, Lord. In the Name of Jesus we pray and give you all the praise.
- "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)
10. Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being 'Consecrated' to 'Immaculate Heart of Mary' - ChristianNews.net
A number of Roman Catholic dioceses nationwide-and also globally-have been consecrating themselves to the "immaculate heart of Mary" throughout 2017, a practice that evangelicals say is unbiblical and gives to the earthly mother of Jesus the devotion that should be bestowed to Christ alone.
"We are uniting ourselves to her who opens up the way for God to enter, and we are uniting our hearts to her immaculate heart, the one heart that is perfectly united to the Sacred Heart of Jesus," James Johnston Jr. of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, Missouri told the National Catholic Register.
The consecrations are being conducted as 2017 marks the 100th year since the purported 1917 apparitions of Mary to child shepherds in Fatima, Portugal. The apparitions were stated to have taken place on the 13th of each month over a six-month period.
"God desires to establish in the world devotion to my immaculate heart," Mary was quoted as stating during one of the appearances to the children. "To whomever embraces this devotion I promise salvation; these souls shall be dear to God, as flowers placed by me to adorn His throne."
Diocese in Pennsylvania, California, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Colorado, New York and other states have already conducted consecration ceremonies, with more to follow for the remainder of the year.(Read more)
- Father, we repent that many have strayed into this path, forsaking the truth of Your Word. There is no king but Jesus; and no salvation other than the work of the Cross. In Your Name, Amen.
- "You shall have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:3)
- "Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils. Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron." (I Timothy 4:1-2)
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Satan's shell game
There is a lot of rage in this country. I hear it a lot in Christian circles. People are angry about a lot of things. Sometimes that anger turns to judgment against others. A whole lot of judgment going on. The NFL is getting a lot of judgment. The President is helping fuel that fire. But while he is attacking the NFL and its players, the DC swamp is not getting drained-no repeal of socialist healthcare; no tax reform; no illegal immigration reform. The list seems to grow. But a whole lot of people are angry, especially conservative Christians. We are goaded everyday. The godless left is on attack. I submit that this is a shell game by satan, using anger-generating events to deter us from our mission. We need to focus.
1 Corinthians 5:12-13 says, "For what have I to do to judge them also that are outside? do not you judge them that are within? But God judges them that are outside." In direct speak, it means that it's not our business to judge those who do not know the gospel by our standards. That's why we are exhorted, even commanded, to make disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey what the Lord has commanded us. We must find ways to make Christianity relevant. It has been tainted to be identified with political ideals, when in reality, the political ideals should be identified with Christianity, foundationally centered on God's love and love for one another.
Jesus said in Matthew 24:23, "Then if any man shall say unto you Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not." Our national identity and, more importantly, our personal salvation is diluted tremendously if we, as Peter put it, "scarcely be saved." If America's preachers are so intent on preaching/teaching a self indulgent, extra Biblical and emotional version of the Christ, then what Christ are we following--the real Son of God, crucified and risen, for our sins, or some humanist version of Christ that fits a social or political extra-biblical gospel? It is here, not on the national policy front, that we as a people have lost our identity. Our identity is in Christ, and he has set before us a mission. Let's not play the satan's shell game.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Update: Rise Up Event
Christian women gather on National Mall for day of prayer
Twenty years ago, men gathered as "Promise Keepers" and filled the National Mall for a prayer rally seeking repentance and spiritual revival.
On Monday (Oct. 9), it was the women's turn.
A largely female audience of thousands gathered on the lawn in the shadow of the U.S. Capitol for the "Rise Up" prayer rally. Braving wind and rain, these Christian women -many charismatic or Pentecostal - declared their unity and sought God's guidance to lead the nation.
At turns on their knees, huddled in small groups and facing a stage with hands raised, those gathered prayed for reconciliation between men and women, between racial and ethnic groups, and for ending abortion. In marked contrast to the Women's March right after President Trump's inauguration, these women had a different agenda.
"Know this: You have made history and you're going to begin to see it unfold in the changes in government," said Cindy Jacobs of the ministry Generals International as the gathering concluded. "You're going to be able to see it unfold in the people that are saved."
She told them that God will note what they accomplished on a humid and rainy day: "We're going to make a decree right now on the count of three: a new Jesus People movement."
Many wore yellow or transparent ponchos that had protected them from earlier rains. Others sat in chairs, held strollers with young children or the hand of the spouse who came with them.
Speakers also talked about praying for Trump, and for President Obama before him, but another branch of government came under a pointed focus for prayer: the Supreme Court. At one point Jacobs and Lou Engle, founder of TheCall movement that sponsored the rally, took turns facing in the direction of the high court and prayed for the overturning of Roe v. Wade, the 1973 decision that legalized abortion.
"We believe that we are in a moment when the judges of America can be shifted," said Engle, after the assembled masses pasted their mouths with red "LIFE" stickers. "God gave us this dream that we are to pray for the reform or the resigning of judges." (ReligionNews.com)
To read the entire article and to view LOTS of photos, go here.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study/Including Torah
Week of Sunday, October 8 - Saturday, October 14, 2017
Torah portion reading for the week, for October 14th
B'reisheet ~ In the Beginning
Featured teaching of the week: Themes of Sukkot ~ Pt 2
Go here. (Repeated every half hour . . . all week long!)
More Daily Features
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
PASS ME NOT, O GENTLE SAVIOR
"Do not pass by Your servant." (Genesis 18:3)
PASS ME NOT, O GENTLE SAVIOR
"Do not pass by Your servant." (Genesis 18:3)
Pass me not, O gentle Savior, Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling, Do not pass me by.
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.
Let me at Thy throne of mercy Find a sweet relief,
Kneeling there in deep contrition; Help my unbelief.
Trusting only in Thy merit, Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit, Save me by Thy grace.
Thou the Spring of all my comfort, More than life to me,
Whom have I on earth beside Thee? Whom in Heav'n but Thee?
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Crosby, 1868
Melody: W. Howard Doane, 1870
About the Hymn: As earnest Christian pastor told of a young man about whom he had long felt much anxiety, as he had seemed so unconcerned about his soul, and was, in reality, a real cause of disturbance and interruption in classes for other young men. Meeting him one day, the loving pastor sought once more to influence him, urging, "We want you for Christ and his service." There was a certain change in his manner which did not escape the eye of the prayerful watcher for souls, and-lacking time to do more-he seized the opportunity to secure the presence of his young friend at a Christian Endeavor meeting soon to be held. True to his promise he was there. When an opportunity was given for some of the young men to choose a song, it was seen that he was urging his companion to select some particular hymn. The other, yielding to his request, asked if the hymn, "Pass me not, O gentle Saviour," might be sung; and both young men joined in the singing with evident interest and heartiness. Later in the evening it was requested that all who were definitely on the Lord's side would confess their allegiance by standing. Whereupon the one over whom the heart of the pastor was specially yearning rose at once, and with decision.
"Tell me about your conversion," the thankful pastor requested at the close of the meeting, when hands were clasped in glad, brotherly welcome and recognition.
"Oh, yes," assented the other. "It was all through that hymn we have just sung. I was working on the canal at G-, and there was a meeting being held at the Mariner's Chapel, nearby. The words floated out over the water, and from the tug where I was working I could hear them plainly enough. When they were just going to sing those lines-'While on others Thou are calling, Do not pass me by!' a great fear came over me, and I thought, 'Oh, if the Lord were to pass me by, how terrible it would be!' Then and there, on the tug, I cried out, 'O Lord, do not pass me by.' And"-with a bright smile-"he didn't pass me by. I am saved.'"
Signs and Wonders
'UFO' spotted over Yellowstone volcano?
A video has popped up on YouTube which purportedly shows a UFO zigzagging over the Yellowstone volcano.
The choppy video, which is more than 3 minutes in length, appears to show a metallic object in the sky. A bright light emerges from the object for a few seconds and then it speeds off into the distance. The video was taken on June 9, but only recently uploaded to the video-sharing site.
The famed Yellowstone volcano has become of interest in recent months, especially over the summer when more than 400 earthquakes hit in one week near the volcano.
"This is the highest number of earthquakes at Yellowstone within a single week in the past five years, but is fewer than weekly counts during similar earthquakes swarms in 2002, 2004, 2008 and 2010," scientists explained in a June statement to the Star Valley Independent.
The scientists added, however, that the swarms are nothing new and are not a cause for worry. (Fox News) Read more.
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
The Good News Corner
Miraculous: Baghdad Pastor Escaped Car Bomb, Fireball, Without Any Injuries or Burns
The pastor had just left his home, hopping into his car, turning the keys in the ignition, and pushing the accelerator as he had so many times before. Only this time, as he began the familiar journey toward his church, he sensed something was different.
Immediately an explosion ripped through the car, violently shaking the vehicle and-at the same time-engulfing it in flames.
"I was totally confused, and I couldn't see anymore," Pastor Joseph recounts.
Though disoriented, temporarily blinded, and in shock, he could hear a woman's hysterical voice piercing his ears. "This man is dying!" she screamed.
This is it, Pastor Joseph thought. I'm dying.
But then his sight returned in time for him to see the wreckage engulfed in flames. Against all odds, Pastor Joseph was able to exit the conflagration.
"Each part of my car was destroyed and damaged, except for my seat." Pastor Joseph described. "I had no scratches. The car was in flames, but I wasn't burned. I found pieces of glass in my hair and four parts of the bomb in the scarf I had around my neck. As if a scarf could stop a bomb. Nothing touched me.
(Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
"Come Into His Presence"
To worship with us today, please go here . . .
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at email@example.com for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]
In Closing . . .