Reminder: Come join us on the
Awaken the Dawn prayer walk,
sponsored by IFA. For details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, October 2, 2017
"For You are great, and do wondrous things; You alone are God."
Please be sure to enjoy today's worship . . . selah . . .
[Beautiful and it makes you appreciate all that God has given us.]
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
"United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ . . ."
Prayers for Puerto Rico
Prayers for Puerto Rico
1. Evacuees leave Puerto Rico by cruise ship, some doubting they will return - Reuters
Thousands of people lined up at San Juan harbor on Thursday to board a cruise ship that will take them from Puerto Rico to the U.S. mainland in one of the largest evacuations since Hurricane Maria slammed Puerto Rico more than a week ago. Maria, which came ashore as the strongest storm to hit the island in nearly 90 years, has created a humanitarian crisis. The powerful storm knocked out the nation's electric grid and has crippled communications networks, transport and the water supply for the territory's 3.4 million people. The devastation is likely to feed an exodus that has driven tens of thousands of Puerto Ricans from the economically struggling island in recent years in search of opportunity on the mainland.
"I'm sorry to be leaving Puerto Rico, but I have to. I prefer home, but it's impossible with these conditions," said Ada Reyes, 85. She was in a wheelchair and traveling on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship bound for Florida with her granddaughter, Maria Fernanda, 19. Fernanda planned to drop her grandmother in Florida, then head to Boston to look into colleges. A second-year student at the University of Puerto Rico, the teenager did not know when classes there would resume.
Royal Caribbean International (RCL.N) said its Adventure of the Seas cruise ship will carry 3,800 passengers from Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. A company spokesman said the cruise line is providing the passages free of charge and that travelers were registered with the help of local officials. The ship will make humanitarian calls in the hurricane-hit U.S. Virgin Islands, where it will drop off supplies. It will then head to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, with a planned arrival of October 3. (Read more)
- Father, thank You that the cruise ship Royal Caribbean is transporting Puerto Ricans at no charge. We pray a quick transition and success for all those leaving the island. May they prosper in their new homes. We pray for all those who choose to stay on the island. Keep them safe and secure, in Jesus Name.
- "There is none like the God of Jeshurun, Who rides the heavens to your help, And through the skies in His majesty." (Deuteronomy 33:26)
2. Trump Waives Jones Act for Puerto Rico, Easing Hurricane Aid Shipments - NYT
The Trump administration said on Thursday that it would temporarily waive a century-old shipping law for Puerto Rico that officials there said was hindering disaster relief efforts after Hurricane Maria. The waiver of the law, known as the Jones Act, comes as federal and local officials report more supplies trickling onto the increasingly desperate island. But the Trump administration remains under pressure to step up the recovery effort.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, announced the decision on Twitter on Thursday morning, saying that President Trump had authorized it after a request from Gov. Ricardo A. Rosselló of Puerto Rico. "It is an act of justice. It will allow Puerto Ricans to rebuild and to have a cost of living that really frankly is affordable," Carmen Yulín Cruz, the mayor of San Juan, said on CNN on Thursday. The waiver will be in effect for 10 days. (Read more)
- Father, thank You for the temporary lift of the Jones Act in order to help the people of Puerto Rico. Give wisdom to President Trump on whether the Jones Act should be permanently lifted. In Jesus Name.
- Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me. (Psalm 138:7)
3. John McCain, Mike Lee introduce bill to permanently exempt Puerto Rico from Jones Act - Washington Examiner
Republican Sens. John McCain and Mike Lee introduced legislation Thursday to permanently exempt Puerto Rico from the Jones Act shipping law.
The senators say the Trump administration's decision Thursday to grant a 10-day waiver of the Jones Act for Puerto Rico does not go far enough to help rebuilding efforts after Hurricane Maria and encourage long-term economic growth on the bankrupt island.
"While I welcome the Trump administration's Jones Act waiver for Puerto Rico, this short-term, 10-day exemption is insufficient to help the people of Puerto Rico recover and rebuild from Hurricane Maria," said McCain, R-Ariz. "Our legislation would permanently exempt Puerto Rico from the Jones Act, an antiquated, protectionist law that has driven up costs and crippled Puerto Rico's economy. For years, I have fought to fully repeal the Jones Act, which has long outlived its purpose to the benefit of special interests. It's time for Congress to take action, end this injustice, and help our fellow citizens in this time of need."(Read more)
- Father, we pray that our lawmakers will make their decisions based on doing what needs to be done to help the people of Puerto Rico recover from this disaster. We pray that the correct decision will be made on the Jones Act. Give direction and wisdom. May the decision not be politically motivated, but motivated by the needs of the people who are suffering.
- I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.
4. Trump: Puerto Rico Must Work With Federal Gov't on How Rebuilding Effort Will Be Funded and Organized - CNSNews.com
President Donald Trump said Friday that the government of Puerto Rico - a U.S. territory - will have to work with the federal government on how the rebuilding effort will be funded and what to do about its existing debt. "Ultimately, the government of Puerto Rico will have to work with us to determine how this massive rebuilding effort will end up being one of the biggest ever will be funded and organized and what we will do with the tremendous amount of existing debt already on the island," Trump said in a speech to the National Association of Manufacturers.
The United States is "working closely with the territorial and local governments" of Puerto Rico, who "are totally and unfortunately unable to handle this catastrophic crisis on their own," the president said. He added that 10,000 federal personnel, including 5,000 U.S. military and National Guard personnel are on the ground in Puerto Rico, "led by a very, very strong and talented three star general. All appropriate parts of our government from Homeland Security to Defense are engaged fully in the disaster, and the response and recovery effort probably has never been seen for something like this. This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water," Trump said.
Police and truck drivers in Puerto Rico "are very substantially gone.," he said. "They're taking care of their families and largely unable to get involved, largely unable to help. Therefore, we're forced to bring in truck drivers, security, and many, many other personnel by the thousands, and we're bringing them onto the island as we speak. We've never seen a situation like this. The electrical grid and other infrastructure were already in very, very poor shape. They were at their life's end prior to the hurricanes, and now virtually everything has been wiped out, and we will have to really start all over again. We're literally starting from scratch," the president said.
The U.S. is also working closely with the people with the Virgin Islands, also a U.S. territory. "Both governors, I have to tell you, of Puerto Rico and of the Virgin Islands have been extremely good. They are working so hard, but there's nothing left. It's been wiped out. The houses are largely flattened. The roads are washed away. There is no electricity. The plants are gone. They're gone. It's not like let's send a crew in to fix them," the president said.
"You have to build brand new electric. Sewage system's wiped out. It's never been anything like this. So there remains a lot of work to do, and we will work with the folks that we're working with right now. They're trying very, very hard. I will tell you that, but nobody's ever seen anything like it," he said. The U.S. will not rest until the people of Puerto Rico are safe, Trump said. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for the people of Puerto Rico. We pray restoration to all that has been lost. We pray that all the supplies being sent will not be delayed, and will arrive quickly to all in need. We pray that the government of Puerto Rico will work in harmony with the President and his leadership. We pray wisdom, and ability to all that have been sent to help.
- And Moses called Bezaleel and Aholiab, and every wise hearted man, in whose heart the LORD had put wisdom, [even] every one whose heart stirred him up to come unto the work to do it. (Exodus 36:2)
5. Trump slams mayor in Puerto Rico, then praises other officials over recovery effort - Fox News
President Trump on Saturday defended his administration's hurricane recovery effort in Puerto Rico and questioned the leadership of San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz who is criticizing the president's effort to get supplies, electricity and other relief to the U.S. island.
But after facing criticism over his attacks of the mayor, Trump tweeted praise for several other officials involved in the recovery, including the governors of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. He also praised Puerto's Rico's representative in Congress.
"We must all be united in offering assistance to everyone suffering in Puerto Rico and elsewhere in the wake of this terrible disaster," the president tweeted. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that all rhetoric regarding the horrific challenges now being faced by the people of Puerto Rico be imbued with Your love, Your mercy, and Your grace. Let us be a support to these dear ones, in Your name, amen.
- Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. (Ephesians 4:15)
6. Curt Schilling in Puerto Rico: Trump Provided Speedy Relief, But Execution on the Ground 'Horrifying' - Fox News
Curt Schilling traveled to Puerto Rico to assist with Hurricane Maria relief efforts, and said the destruction looks like looks like "an atom bomb that didn't take the bodies."
Compounding the situation, relief efforts are not coming together well, the former major league baseball star told "Fox & Friends."
"All have said that the president did everything in a pace that they've never seen before as far as him releasing money and releasing assets into these theaters," Schilling said. "The execution on the ground has been horrifying in some cases."
"I'm a student of military history. I've never seen anything like this," he commented, adding that the southeast side of the island is totally destroyed. "There are towns that are gone." (Read more)
- Lord God, we cry out to You for help in this desperate hour, for only You can provide the miracles that will be needed to help Puerto Rico rebuild its island territory. Help us, O Lord, we pray, amen.
- In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. (Psalm 18:6)
7. Trump touts administration's 'amazing job' in Puerto Rico as he plans a visit Oct. 3 - Washington Post
President Trump on Tuesday lamented that Puerto Rico had been "destroyed" by Hurricane Maria but insisted that his administration is doing an "amazing job" in helping the U.S. territory recover.
Trump, who has faced mounting questions about his commitment to addressing the island's plight, announced that he would visit Puerto Rico next week (Tuesday, Oct. 3rd) to get a firsthand look at the "devastated" island, which remains without power and where residents are facing food shortages.
"We're doing a great job," Trump said during a Rose Garden news conference with visiting Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy of Spain. "Everybody has said it's amazing the job we have done in Puerto Rico. This was a place that was destroyed. I think we've done a very good job."
Trump said he also plans to stop in the U.S. Virgin Islands, which experienced extensive damage from the storm. (Read more)
- Father God, as our President flies to Puerto Rico tomorrow, we ask for journeying mercies for him and protection from any attempts on his life. Lord God, we ask that, as he stands on that land, You will open his eyes to truly see the desperate need of these people, and release divine strategies that will help all of us to help them. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayers, amen.
- "For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." (Proverbs 4:6)
8. Israeli, Jewish Groups Provide Emergency Aid to Hurricane-Stricken Puerto Rico - United with Israel
"To see the utter devastation firsthand and so close to home is shocking," Rabbi Mendel Zarchi, co-director of Chabad of Puerto Rico, told Chabad.org. "Thousands of homes are locked in by the filthy floodwaters, even six days post-storm. With gratitude to the Almighty, we were able to locate the families we were looking for, and bring them food and water."
More than a week after powerful Hurricane Maria struck Puerto Rico, the U.S. territory is facing a massive humanitarian crisis amid complaints that the American government has lagged in its response.
According to various media reports, nearly half of Puerto Rico's 3.4 million residents remain without drinking water, while hospitals are struggling to stay open amid gas shortages, food is scarce and 97 percent of the island has no power.
To address the situation, Chabad-Lubavitch has sent private planes full of essentials such as canned food, bottled water, medical items and other supplies to affected areas. Two planes loaded with 4,000 pounds of food and supplies arrived in Puerto Rico earlier this week. (Read more)
- Father God, we praise You for the heart of the Jewish people. When a crisis hits, they are always there to help. Thank You, Lord. May their efforts in Puerto Rico be richly blessed by Your hand, amen.
- "Therefore I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the Gentiles, And sing praises to Your name." (Psalm 18:49)
8. Puerto Rican CEO: Local government 'corrupt' and 'totally inexperienced' in Maria cleanup - Fox News
The head of an international engineering firm in Puerto Rico said in an editorial Saturday that when the time came to send 50 of his engineers to help in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, he bypassed local officials and went straight to FEMA.
The reason, said Jorge Rodriguez, the CEO of PACIV, in an editorial in the New York Post, is that "for the last 30 years, the Puerto Rican government has been completely inept at handling regular societal needs, so I just don't see it functioning in a crisis like this one." "Even before the hurricane hit, water and power systems were already broken. And our $118 billion debt crisis is a result of government corruption and mismanagement."
Puerto Ricans elected a new governor last November but, Rodriguez charged, he was inexperienced and had never been responsible for a budget. Gov. Ricardo Rossello cannot exactly count on those around him either, Rodriguez asserted.
"His entire administration is totally inexperienced and they have no clue how to handle a crisis of this magnitude," said Rodriguez, who has a graduate business degree from Harvard Business School and was named a "Most Distinguished Graduate" by the University of Puerto Rico.(Read more)
- Father God, we do thank you for this accurate report given by the CEO of a major engineering firm based inside Puerto Rico. We ask that his words be heeded, and that his own business will prosper, in Your name, amen.
- "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."
(3 John 1:4)
Focus on Israel
1. When Interpol Clashes with the "Bibi Doctrine" - Jerusalem Post
It was the type of snotty tweet regarding Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that one has come to expect from former prime minister and Netanyahu- social-media-troll Ehud Barak.
Shortly after Israel suffered a stinging diplomatic setback at Interpol on Wednesday, when the international police organization voted to accept "Palestine" as a member state, Barak - who as defense minister in 2011 predicted Israel would soon face a "diplomatic tsunami" - wrote: "Another failure for Netanyahu. The gap between reality and impressive but hollow speeches is growing. This leadership of 'all talk' is endangering Israel."
One of the speeches Barak was obviously referring to was the one Netanyahu delivered a week earlier at the UN General Assembly in New York.
"We're in the midst of a great revolution, a revolution in Israel's standing among the nations," Netanyahu began, expanding on a theme that he had touched upon at the UN a year before. "This is happening because so many countries around the world have finally woken up to what Israel can do for them." (Read more)
2. Erdogan: Israel's Mossad had hand in Iraqi Kurdistan vote - YNET News
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan claimed Saturday that Israel's Mossad intelligence agency played a role in Iraqi Kurdistan's independence vote-allegedly proved by the waving of Israeli flags during celebrations for the "yes" victory.
Ankara fiercely opposed the referendum and has threatened sanctions against the region, reflecting its worries about its own sizeable Kurdish minority.
In a televised speech, Erdogan said Turkey had been saddened to see some Iraqi Kurds acclaiming the referendum outcome with Israeli flags. (Read more)
3. Sniping at Erdogan, Netanyahu says Israel not involved in Kurdish vote - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin on Sunday rejected claims that Israel was in any way involved in a recent Iraqi Kurdish referendum on independence and took a shot at Turkish President Reccyp Erdogan for blaming Mossad meddling for every tricky situation Turkey faces.
Speaking before the weekly cabinet meeting in the Prime Minister's Office in Jerusalem, Netanyahu appeared to be responding to Erdogan the day after the Turkish leader said that Israel's spy agency played a role in Iraqi Kurdistan's independence vote, proved by the waving of Israeli flags during celebrations of the overwhelming yes vote. (Read more)
4. Nasrallah: Netanyahu leading Israeli citizens to 'annihilation and destruction' - Jerusalem Online
On Sunday, Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah delivered a speech that was broadcasted by the Lebanon-based Al-Manar television network. During his speech, Nasrallah made several threats and warned of an escalation in violence along the Israeli-Lebanese border. Turing to the citizens of Israel, Nasrallah said: "The Netanyahu government is leading you to annihilation and destruction. Don't let a stupid government take you on an adventure."
"Netanyahu and his government don't know whether they've started a war and how they will finish [one]," he continued. "They don't have a real picture of reality. If they had one, they wouldn't be heading toward this foolishness of war." (Read more)
5. Hamas Chief: Palestinian Reconciliation Meant to Stop Israeli Gaza Siege - Jerusalem Online
Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh released an official statement aimed at the Palestinian people on Saturday evening in which he explained that the attempts to forge a reconciliation between his party, which rules in the Gaza Strip, and Fatah, the party in control at the West Bank, comes as a reaction to Israel's unfavorable actions in the region.
"The reconciliation is a will and a decision, to prevent Israel from swallowing up the West Bank and continuing its siege of the Gaza Strip," Haniyeh stated as Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Hamdahllah arrived at the Strip from Ramallah on a key visit.
Over the last day, security officials from the Palestinian Authority, including the presidential guard (which is expected to take on the responsibility of managing border checkpoints between Israel and Egypt according to the potential reconciliation accord), arrived in Gaza to continue coordinating several topics between the two parties as they attempt to solve the deep rift between them. (Read more)
6. Neo-Nazis march in Sweden on Yom Kippur, armed with helmets and shields - World Israel News
An openly anti-Semitic Swedish extreme right-wing group known as the Nordic Resistance Movement (NMR) clashed with police while marching in Gothenburg, Sweden on Yom Kippur.
The group, armed with helmets and shields, originally intended to pass by a synagogue but was prevented by a Swedish court order. (View video here.)
7. US Envoy Returns to Israel to "Continue the Peace Track" - Bridges for Peace
Last week, US President Donald Trump sat down for separate discussions with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas, while all three were gathered in New York for the United Nations (UN) General Assembly. Days later, the White House announced that that Trump's Special Representative for International Negotiations, Jason Greenblatt, will arrive in the Promised Land on Monday for "follow-up meetings" with the two sides to "continue the peace track" between Israel and the Palestinians.
Greenblatt, an observant Jew, had planned a private visit to Israel with his family over the festival of Sukkot, which starts on 4 October. Yet according to a senior White House official, Greenblatt will now arrive a few days earlier and take the opportunity to meet with Netanyahu and Abbas. (Read more)
- Petition the Lord for wisdom for PM Netanyahu and ask Him to guide and direct the US delegation visiting Israel for follow-up meetings with Abbas and Netanyahu working towards the ultimate peace deal. Petition God for His will to be done and for receptive, obedient hearts and minds to execute His plan.
- A man's heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps. (Proverbs 16:9)
[Prayer offered by BFP]
8. Israel Fears Hezbollah Will Receive Precision-guided Missiles Developed by Iran - Bridges for Peace
Under the nuclear agreement Tehran signed with world powers, which allows it to continue its missile program unabated, the Iranian military industry is developing one of its most covert projects: the RAAD anti-tank missile.
The Iranians have been able to reach a breakthrough in converting heavy "dumb" rockets-some old and containing hundreds of kilograms of explosives-into precision-guided missiles. These GPS-guided missiles will serve as an alternative to the inertial navigation rockets that lose their accuracy the further they fly.
The IDF's [Israel Defense Forces] working assumption is that these missiles will make their way to Iran's main proxy in the Middle East, Lebanese terror organization Hezbollah, which receives 75% of its budget from Tehran. (Read more)
- Exalt the God of gods, the great I Am and protector of Israel that never slumbers nor sleeps and offer thanksgiving for His everlasting promises regarding the people and the land of Israel. Beseech God that the leadership of Israel will stand firm on their Rock and Deliverer in the midst of the enemy's shouts and threats.
- He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade at your right hand. (Psalm 121:3-5)
[Prayer offered by BFP]
9. Israel Sends Rescue Teams to Mexico after Quake - Bridges for Peace
Groups of Israelis decided to spend their New Year's holiday traveling to Mexico-but it wasn't for a vacation. Search and rescue teams from the Israeli military and the iAID organization went to assist Mexico in recovering from last week's devastating earthquake-and chose to help out during last week's Rosh HaShanah holiday, also known as the Jewish New Year.
Israel received a request from Mexico to assist and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu commissioned such help to leave for Mexico "as soon as possible," according to a press release from his office last Wednesday. Later that same day, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) team-consisting of dozens of soldiers-departed, arriving on Rosh HaShanah on Thursday last week, according to the IDF Spokesperson's Twitter feed. The Spokesperson's Twitter feed posted that the IDF team then spent the next several days "helping survey buildings & rescue trapped civilians from the rubble." (Read more)
10. WATCH: Mexican envoy tearfully thanks 'magnificent' IDF mission - World Israel News
At a welcoming ceremony at Ben-Gurion Airport Thursday, Mexican Ambassador Pablo Macedo Riba expressed heartfelt appreciation to the IDF humanitarian mission upon their return from Mexico, telling them they conquered the heart of the Mexican people and that Mexico is now their second home. (Watch here)
- Rejoice and proclaim God's promise that Israel will be a light to the nations. Lift up all the iAID volunteers and workers currently serving in disaster stricken areas and pray for sound minds, energy and God's guidance seeking and sifting through the rubble.
- He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. (Psalm 23:3 NLT)
[Prayer offered by BFP]
11. Israel Prayer Updates - Bridges for Peace
To read this week's alert, go here.
12. Friday Prayer Points - September 29th, 2017:Intercessors for Israel
To read this week's alert, go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Tillerson says US has 'lines of communications' to North Korea - Fox News
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Saturday during his visit to China that the U.S. is "probing" North Korea for talks and the two countries have communications with Pyongyang. Tillerson said the U.S. has contacted the hermit kingdom to see if it was interested in talks and the two countries have "lines of communications to Pyongyang," Fox News has confirmed.
"We are probing, so stay tuned," Tillerson told reporters in China. When asked how the two countries "probed" Tillerson said they would ask directly. "We ask: Would you like to talk? We have lines of communication open to Pyongyang. We're not in a dark situation, a black out. We have a couple of three channels open to Pyongyang. We can talk to them, we do talk to them," Tillerson said. (Read more)
- O righteous Father, we pray that You bind the enemy of darkness (under the mighty Blood of Jesus) who has North Korea under its power. All communications are lies which this demonic ruler of darkness speaks through those possessed by it. With that in mind, we pray God that you will give President Trump wisdom to act upon what You show him to do. There will be no agreeable negotiations with North Korea. Override all the evil and destructive plans made by North Korea by the Blood of Jesus. We trust God to answer prayer as we ask in the Name of Jesus.
- "But the Word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept: line upon line, here a little, and there a little: that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken." (Isaiah 28:13)
2. Trump: Talking to Kim Jong Un a waste, 'will do what needs to be done' - Fox News
President Trump on Sunday sounded a war drum over North Korean leader Kim Jong Un refusing to abandon his nuclear weapons program, telling Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to stop wasting time negotiating with Kim because the U.S. "will do what needs to be done."
"I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man," tweeted Trump, using his mocking nickname for Kim. "Save your energy Rex, we'll do what has to be done!"
Several hours later, Trump sent another tweet that said that being nice to Kim hadn't worked for Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama. Kim is 33 and came to power only six years ago after his father, Kim Jong Il, died in December 2011.
"Being nice to Rocket Man hasn't worked in 25 years, why would it work now? Clinton failed, Bush failed, and Obama failed. I won't fail," Trump wrote.(Read more)
- We are continuing our assignment to pray for our President - for his spiritual, mental and physical welfare and protection. Let us continue to pray in unity and agreement for him and our nation every hour. Amen. (Source of prayer: 24/7 Strategic Prayer Network)
- "I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts . . ." (Habakkuk 2:1a)
3. State Department rebuffs own envoy for saying 'settlements are part of Israel' - Times of Israel
For the second time since David Friedman assumed his post as US ambassador to Israel, the US State Department has publicly rejected remarks he made pertaining to Israel's presence in the West Bank as not reflecting the administration's stance.
On Thursday afternoon, spokesperson Heather Nauert told reporters that Friedman's comments in an interview with the Israeli Walla news website that he considers West Bank "settlements are part of Israel" should "not be read as a shift in US policy."
Friedman told Walla, "When Resolution 242 was adopted in 1967, it was, and remains today, the only substantive resolution that was agreed to by everybody . . . The 1967 borders were viewed by everybody as not secure, so Israel would retain a meaningful portion of the West Bank, and it would return that which it didn't need for peace and security."
"They (Israelis) are only occupying 2 percent of the West Bank," he said. (Read more)
- O righteous Father, You have claimed the Land of Israel to be given to the twelve tribes of Jacob and did, in fact, section off in detail what area should go to each tribe. You said, "When the Lord your God shall bring you into the land whither you go to possess it, and have cast out many nations before you, the Hittites, the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than you: And when the Lord your God shall deliver them before you; you shall smite them, and utterly destroy them; you shall make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them. Neither shall you make marriages with them; your daughter you shall not give unto his son, nor his daughter shall you take unto your son." (Deuteronomy 7:1,2) Father, from this day forward, we pray that You guide the leaders of Israel to stand on the prophetic Word of God and obey it. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "That you may love the Lord your God, and thjat you may obey His voice, and that you may cleave unto Him: for He is your life, and the length of your days: that you may dwell in the Land which the Lord sware unto your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them." (Deuteronomy 30:20)
4. Tom Price's ouster complicates Republicans' latest health care push - Fox News
The exit of Tom Price as the U.S. health secretary has many wondering if Republicans will be able to deliver on their promise to repeal and replace ObamaCare. The Republican Party as of late has struggled to advance its health care agenda even though they have control of the White House and both chambers of Congress.
Price's exit on Friday amid investigations into his use of costly charter flights for official travel at taxpayer expense seems to be the latest self-inflicted blow. Regaining momentum to replace former President Obama's law will be more difficult now that Trump administration must now also find his replacement.
"I think health care is a dead letter through the next election," said Joe Antos, a policy expert with the business-oriented American Enterprise Institute. (Read more)
- O righteous Father, we ask that You will soon put the man of Your choosing to replace Mr. Price. God, pull the plug to any and all funding for Planned Parenthood and blow upon them Your holy breath that will sweep them into a place of dry desert, without moisture, and make them languid by moving them into the place of lifelessness. Almighty God, because ObamaCare was turned to sawdust a few years ago, bring it into fruition that indeed it was and is destroyed by Your hand. Now kill every counterfeit plan that has since been conjured up by enemies of God and create a new medical plan that will be drawn up by the presence of God moving upon someone to produce it. We pray in the Name of Jesus and for Your glory.
- "Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people, even a marvelous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid." (Isaiah 29:24)
5. Found: Election collusion between Facebook and Hillary - WND
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and COO Sheryl Sandberg colluded with Hillary Clinton's 2016 election campaign, charges WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
Assange tweeted links to email exchanges between Clinton's former campaign chairman, John Podesta, and Sandberg, demonstrating Sandberg used her position at the leading social networking site to promote Clinton's candidacy.
"I still want HRC to win badly. I am still here to help as I can. She came over and was magical with my kids," Sandberg wrote in an email to Podesta.
In another email, Podesta thanked Sandberg for assisting the Clinton campaign. "Wishing you a happy New Year. 2015 was challenging, but we ended in a good place thanks to your help and support. Look forward to working with you to elect the first woman President of the United States," Podesta wrote to the Facebook COO on Jan. 2, 2016. (Read more)
- Father, will people ever realize that You chose Donald Trump to be president of the USA. Hillary had people using everything they had to get her into the White House but their methods were not God's ways. The people have spoken and the majority of votes proved that. God's ways are the highway to heaven. Unethical actions don't glean positive outcomes in our Father's plan. To God be the honor and the glory.
- "Who is wise? Let him understand these things. Who is prudent? Let him know them. For the ways of the Lord are right; The righteous walk in them, But transgressors stumble in them." (Hosea 14:9)
6. Special Counsel Robert Mueller has assembled a team of 16 seasoned prosecutors - ABC News
Special Counsel Robert Mueller has assembled a team of more than a dozen seasoned prosecutors to probe Russian interference in the 2016 election, including any potential collusion between Russian agents and members of Donald Trump's campaign.
In addition to a squad of agents from the FBI and the IRS, Mueller has 16 attorneys on staff, a spokesperson for Special Counsel Robert Mueller confirmed to ABC News, but only 14 of them have been identified publicly. (Read more)
- O righteous Father, we call upon You to be Almighty God over this group of prosecutors. Send an angel to stand in the middle of them that their counsel and conclusions with be bound together with the Truth and only the Truth, and that all opinions, conclusions and decisions will be those given by God and not those made by outside forces. Bind and break the powers of darkness and lies by the Blood of Jesus, that would hinder the Truth from being conclusive in the end. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "Divine counsel also comes forth from the Lord of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working." (Isaiah 28:29)
7. Supreme Court kickoff: Trump agenda, union dues, Kennedy speculation - Fox News
When it comes to touting the successes of his first months in office, President Trump often boasts about the "S.C." in his tweets -- his shorthand for the U.S. Supreme Court and the contentious confirmation of Justice Neil Gorsuch. But with a shaky conservative majority in place, the justices are poised to give a hard legal look in the coming months to the president and his party's policies -- in a new term that could either fuel or significantly set back the administration's political and legislative momentum.
"There's only one prediction that's entirely safe of the upcoming term, and that is it will be momentous," Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said at an event last week, with a slight smile. To boot, the prospect of a resignation or two adds an extra layer of drama and unpredictability surrounding the session that kicks off Monday.
The high court will begin its work with a full bench and a full plate of hot-button cases, including Trump's executive order on an earlier version of his so-called "travel ban." That case is on hold for the moment, as Trump's initial order for a 90-day pause in travel from six nations has lapsed and the president has issued a new policy restricting travel indefinitely from nine nations. That prompted the high court to cancel scheduled oral arguments and is likely to toss the issue back to the lower courts -- for now. (Read more)
- O righteous Father, we lift up the nine Justices of the Supreme Court, as they begin their year of labor, before the very throne of God and lay each and every decision that will be made before the Lord God Himself. Father, give each one the mind of Christ, the confidence to hear God and speak the Truth, and the wisdom to separate the Light from darkness involved in the cases presented. We ask that You assign a myriad of angels to be all around these Justices, to protect them from all danger and evil. Bring down their enemies through the efforts of the angelic host around them. Cast off the works of darkness from every enemy of Light. We pray and trust in the holy Name of Jesus the Christ. Thank you Lord.
- "Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." (Ephesians 3:20)
8. ICE nabs nearly 500 aliens in sweep of sanctuary cities - Washington Times
Federal deportation officers swarmed sanctuary cities this week, netting nearly 500 immigrants in a series of targeted operations designed to go after people that counties and cities were shielding through their noncooperation policies. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said it netted more than 100 migrants in Los Angeles and Philadelphia each, and dozens more in Baltimore, Chicago, Denver and New York, among other sanctuary jurisdictions.
Of the 498 aliens caught, 310 of them were targets and the other 188 were "collateral" arrests of illegal immigrants whom officers encountered while going after their targets, the agency said.
ICE officials also said they're seeing an increase in resistance from aliens as they step up enforcement of the law. Through the first 11 months of fiscal year 2017, the agency recorded 37 assaults on officers, compared to just nine assaults in all of 2016. A senior official briefing reporters on the numbers Thursday said one gang member they tried to arrest in the latest actions attempted to run over the officers with a vehicle, and then, when he was taken into custody, he was found to have a loaded firearm.
"These are dangerous individuals we're going after," the official said, adding that's why they would hope for better cooperation from state and local authorities, to help take dangerous criminal aliens into custody from prisons and jails, where the handoff can be controlled. The official said none of the officers involved in the vehicle incident or any of the other arrests was seriously injured. (Read more)
- Abba Father, send Your protection to surround the ICE officers as they seek and find these illegal immigrants. Send the illegal aliens back to their homelands and let them come into the U.S. legally if they wish to return. We pray for these officers and the immigrants to come to know You as their personal Savior. Thank You for loving us and for shedding Your precious blood for us. Amen.
- "Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; For He shall give His angels charge over you,To keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone. I will be with him in trouble; And show him My salvation." (Psalm 91: 3a, 10 -12)
9. ISIS leader seemingly breaks 11-month silence in audio recording - CNN
The leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, seems to have broken his 11-month silence with a long audio message in which he mocks the United States, calls on jihadis to rally against the Syrian regime and insists that ISIS 'remains' despite its rapid loss of territory. A spokesman for the US Office of the Director of National Intelligence, Timothy Barrett, told CNN that after analyzing the recording, the intelligence community has determined the message "appears to be authentic."
The speech seems to have been recorded relatively recently, as it references North Korean nuclear threats against Japan and the United States, as well as Syrian peace talks -- in which Russia, Turkey and Iran are trying to extend ceasefires across Syria.
The release appears to lay to rest claims by the Russian military that they had almost certainly killed Baghdadi in an airstrike near Raqqa on May 28. US officials say ISIS has largely been forced out of Raqqa as well as Mosul, and Baghdadi may be somewhere in the middle of the Euphrates River Valley. (Read more)
- Precious Lord, we call for a silence to this bragging voice of the enemy of all people who value freedom and liberty. Lord, cut off the source of this voice and cut this voice off from all who would listen to it. Thank You, Lord, for the decrease in the territory these evil people control and bring Your order and Word into the lives of those once held captive by this pagan religion. May the truth prevail in the matter of this man's continued existence.
- "They utter speech, and speak insolent things; all the workers of iniquity boast of themselves." (Psalms 94:4)
" . . . the mouths of those who speak lies will be stopped." (Psalm 63:11c)
10. Southern Baptist Slams Jesuit Priest's Teaching on LGBT Christians; Priest Calls Criticism 'Absurd' - Christian Post
Fr. James Martin, a Jesuit priest who has stirred controversy for calling on the Catholic Church to change its language toward LGBT Christians, has pushed back against criticism by prominent Southern Baptist Albert Mohler. "My point is simply that we have to be sensitive to the language we use. We can't pretend that language like that isn't harmful," Martin told Catholic News Agency on Thursday, speaking about his recently released book, Building a Bridge.
Mohler pointed out last week on his radio show, The Briefing, that although Martin has not necessarily called for the Roman Catholic Church to change its teaching that marriage is solely a union between a man and a woman, the Jesuit priest is still suggesting a controversial "re-orientation." Martin has called for Catholics to consider the language they use toward LGBT people, and has pushed back against phrases in the catechism of the Catholic Church which describe homosexual acts as "intrinsically disordered." (Read more)
- Albert Mohler definitely knows the Bible and its teaching that marriage is solely a union between a man and a woman. No offense there. God's word doesn't change and what is written stands true. Teaching the nations to, "Come unto me." is far more important to God than their being sensitive to untruth. God's way leads all to live eternally with Him if they choose. The world's way does not lead anyone to salvation. Fr. Martin can't change the word of God. If that were possible, it becomes just another book with words of man. Lord, forgive him for he doesn't know what he is asking. Lead him to the cross for repentance and salvation. Thank You, God for Your everlasting words.
- "He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God." (John 8:47)
The Daily Jot
Friday, September 29, 2017
The ancient paths
Given the already nasty nature of politics and the media and the mind-boggling issues facing the United States, the outcome of upcoming elections will have a pivotal impact on the future of our nation and our families. The general mindset of the elected official is globalist. There are a few, such as Alabama Senatorial Candidate Roy Moore, who will stand up for what is right, and when they do, the news media and their political opponents severely demonize them. It is arguable that we have become a nation where morality and financial responsibility have been replaced by moral relativism and politically correct fiscal models. We indeed face immense challenges as a people.
Jesus said in Matthew 12:25, "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand." He later says in verse 39. "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathers not with me scatters abroad." Politicians and the leftist media are trying to consolidate their power by pitting class against class, conservative against liberal, have not's against haves, women against men, children against parents. They are trying to divide rather than unite. If you do not understand, just look at any news coverage and listen to the politicians of both parties. Little is being said about how to unite together to fix problems. But there's a lot of finger pointing.
Many think this nation is on the verge of a civil war. Trouble is, few really care, but everybody has an opinion. The ones who do care are marginalized as hate mongers or extremists or both. This kind of divisive speech only further drives wedges into disagreement. But the problem is far deeper than the ranting of political opponents. Informed citizens should be able to discern between truth and lie. The real problem is what Jesus said, "he that is not with me is against me." The nation as a whole is not with Jesus. The nation tolerates sodomy, abortion, covetousness, idolatry, lies, and false teachings as "judging not lest we be judged," using the Bible to justify tolerating abomination.
We need to get back to finding what God wants for us. The first part of Jeremiah 6:16 says, "Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask about the ancient paths, where the good way is, and walk in it, and you shall find rest for your souls..." This is good advice. If we as a people could find it in ourselves to find the good way on the ancient path, we would be on the way to healing ourselves, our families, our communities, and our nation. Unfortunately, like in Jeremiah's time, our nation is so divided, the resolve of the people is as in the second part of Jeremiah 6:16, "But they said, We will not walk in it." Meanwhile, enemies of the state gather like vultures, and America remains divided and separated from Jesus.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Pro-Life Action Needed
Pro-Life Action Needed:
In Congress and at the U.N.
1. House schedules 20-week abortion ban vote - AP
House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., announced Tuesday the House of Representatives will vote next week on a bill to end late-term abortions. McCarthy said he would bring the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act to the House floor Oct. 3, the first vote on a late-term abortion ban in two years. House Republicans passed a similar bill in 2015, but Democrats killed it in the Senate.
The pro-life legislation would criminalize abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Violators could face fines or up to five years in prison. The bill allows for exceptions for rape, incest, or to save a mother's life. Twenty states have passed similar legislation.
The name of the bill refers to evidence showing unborn children begin to feel pain at 20 weeks gestation. McCarthy said President Donald Trump has promised to sign the bill if passed. Republicans have the votes in the House but not in the Senate. Although the GOP outnumbers Democrats 52-48 in the upper chamber, they need 60 votes to end debate and move legislation to the floor for a full vote. Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act is listed as H.R. 36. (Read more)
- Father, we look forward to the day that Congress will outlaw ALL abortions, for the shedding of innocent blood and the taking of an unborn life is an abomination in Your sight, allowing a curse to come upon our land.
For now, we do ask for passage of this bill in both the House and in the Senate. We ask for a miracle, dear Lord, amen and amen!
- "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants." (Deut. 30:19)
2. Call to Prayer and Action: The UN Pushes for International Law to Make Abortion a Human Right - Life Site News
Imagine a day in the not-too-distant future when we finally have the coveted fifth vote necessary to strike down Roe v. Wade. Recall the many years of sweat and tears, ups and downs, wrangling about judicial nominations, and arguing about presidential elections. Then imagine that fifth vote no longer even matters because abortion has been declared a human right by international law. The issue is not just out of the hands of the Supreme Court - it is out of the hands of the American people.
This nightmare is now unfolding before our very eyes as the UN Human Rights Committee wraps up a draft legal commentary on the right to life that excludes unborn children from membership in the human family and the protections of international treaties. . . . The committee then proceeded to exclude unborn children from the protection of Article 6.
States parties must provide safe access to abortion to protect the life and health of pregnant women, and in situations when carrying a pregnancy to term would cause a woman substantial pain or suffering, most notably when the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest, or when the fetus suffers from fatal impairment. And it excluded also the terminally ill.
Governments should be urged to act by all means possible, whether it is through public statements from politicians, public petitions, or research and publications. No person, institution, or organization that cares about the pro-life cause should sit this one out . . . The committee must realize that there is real international outrage at what it is doing. The deadline for governments and civil society to express displeasure with the committee is October 6. Details can be found on the committee's website. You can also sign this petition and forward it to others.
- LORD GOD ALMIGHTY IN HEAVEN! We ask that in the next 5 days, this news will reach believers around the world, so that we might ALL raise our voices in OUTRAGE that this legal document is ILLEGAL in the Court of Heaven! Save us, O Lord, we pray! Let believers TAKE ACTION that this not be allowed to pass at the U.N. this week. Amen!
- " . . . faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." (James 2:17)
Steve Scalise Returns to Congress
'It Starts With God': Steve Scalise's Surprise Return to the Capitol, Testifying about God, Prayer & Miracles
- Breaking Christian News
As he lay wounded on the field with gunfire erupting all around, Scalise said he began to pray and experienced "an unbelievable sense of calm."
Those moments made the difference between life and death, he believes.
"Every one of my prayers were answered," Scalise told his fellow members of Congress. "I really am an example that miracles do happen."
He gave thanks to God for his survival and recovery.
"He really did deliver for me and my family. It gave me a renewed faith in the power of prayer. You cannot underestimate it."
Scalise personally thanked the members of his security detail, Capitol Police officers Crystal Griner and David Bailey. When he heard the sound of their rounds firing back at the shooter, Scalise said he knew they were responding.
"One of the things I prayed for is that David and Crystal would be successful in carrying out their duties," he said. "David, you saved my life, you are my hero. David, thank you very much," he told Bailey who attended the Capitol Hill celebration. (Read more)
NDP: 4 prayer priorities
How to Pray for America Through October 2017: Four Prayer Priorities from the National Day of Prayer
The National Day of Prayer mobilizes unified public prayer for America. Let's walk in unity by praying for these four priorities in our nation beginning now and continuing through the entire month of October. As you pray, imagine that you are joining with thousands of others standing in agreement in prayer for our nation.
Let's join together in clear agreement, visible union, and extraordinary prayer for these four prayer priorities in America between now and the end of October.
(Source: National Day of Prayer)
To read all four prayer priorities, please go here.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, October 1st - Saturday, October 7th, 2017
Do you want to explore, understand, return and embrace the Hebrew Roots of the Christian faith? A GREAT resource for learning more about how to follow the Torah of Yeshua
by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT is to listen to: http://hebrootsradio.com
Each weekday at the top of the hour, there is a new 25 minute teaching by Eddie Chumney followed by 25 minutes of beautiful messianic worship music.
Listen on YOUR schedule, 1pm, 2pm, 9pm, it is the SAME teaching all day. A new teaching goes up the next day!
There is also a LIVE 5 minute news update from Israel at the top of even hours!
Featured teaching of the week: Themes of Sukkot ~ Pt 1 ~ Season of our Joy
Torah portion reaching for the week, October 7th:
Feast of Tabernacles
Exodus 33:12-34:26, Numbers 29:17-25, Ezekiel 38:18-39:16, Matthew 6:1-34
More Daily Features
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
HE GIVETH MORE GRACE
"He giveth more grace." (James 4:6)
HE GIVETH MORE GRACE
"He giveth more grace." (James 4:6)
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials he multiplies peace.
When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father's full giving is only begun.
His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
Please go here . . .
About the Author:
Words: Annie J. Flint
Melody: Ray Steadman-Allen
Signs and Wonders
The Night Norway Turned Green
You know a strong geomagnetic storm is underway when everything turns green--not only the sky, but also the landscape. Thilo Bubek of Tromsø, Norway, saw it happen on Sept. 27th.
"The green light from auroras overhead was reflected from the mountains and water," he says. "I photographed these extreme auroras using my Nikon D850." (SpaceWeather.com)
> > > To view this amazing photo, go here.
Vanuatu volcano erupts; 11,000 prepare to evacuate - Fox News
A flotilla of boats was headed to the Pacific island of Ambae, Vanuatu, on Sunday as efforts got underway to evacuate all 11,000 residents because of an erupting volcano.
Globs of lava were seen flying as far as 300 feet every few seconds, vulcanologist Brad Scott told Radio New Zealand.
The eruption has polluted water sources on the island, leaving thousands in need of safe drinking water, Red Cross delegate Joe Cropp told Reuters. "Water is crucial," he said. "It's important to get on top of it right away."
The Vanuatu government announced it wants all 11,000 islanders evacuated by Friday. (Read more)
- Father God, we do pray for the people of Vanuatu, that each one be kept safe from harm, and know where to go as they evacuate this island. We lift up, too, the governing authorities in Vanuatu, that they be guided by Your wisdom in this emergency. Amen.
- "In my distress I called upon the Lord, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry came before Him, even to His ears." (Psalm 18:6)
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
The Good News Corner
Iranian Christians Celebrate New Believers in Mass Baptism
Being a Christian in Iran is very dangerous. Christian converts face persecution in many forms, but that hasn't stopped 20 Iranian Christians from recently getting baptized.
CBN News reports that many in the group of Christians converted to Christianity years ago, but have had to wait to be baptized due to the danger it places them in. For that reason, neither the identities of the converts nor the exact location of the baptism has been revealed.
The group of converts reportedly got together to make a pilgrimage to the baptism site which was outside of Iran. "I've been waiting for this moment for nearly nine years," said one convert.
"This was my wish before I die," said another.
The mass baptism was a joyous event for these fervent believers who ranged in age from teenagers to the elderly.
Nearly all of them have faced consequences and persecution for deciding to put their faith in Christ, but they have persevered. (Christian Headlines)
Worship With Us Today!
Amazing Grace . . . and More . . .
A Beautiful, Peaceful Time of Worship . . . shalom!
To worship with us today, please go here . . .
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]