To read yesterday's edition of the Daily Brief, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
"The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of His unfailing love." (I John 5:7)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
1. White nationalists: 'We are going to start doing this nonstop' - New York Post
Emboldened and proclaiming victory after a bloody weekend in Virginia, white nationalists are planning more demonstrations to promote their agenda following the violence that left a woman dead and dozens injured. The University of Florida said white provocateur Richard Spencer, whose appearances sometimes stoke unrest, is seeking permission to speak there next month. And white nationalist Preston Wiginton said he is planning a "White Lives Matter" rally at Texas A&M University in September. Also, a neo-Confederate group has asked the state of Virginia for permission to rally at a monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee in Richmond on Sept. 16, and other events are likely. (Read more)
- Father, we pray these planned events will fizzle out to nothing. We intercede and ask Your forgiveness over Richard Spencer, Preston Wiginton, Matthew Heimbach, and Jeff Schoep. We pray for their repentance and for each to desire to pursue Your heart, which is racial reconciliation.
- What is causing the quarrels and fights among you? Don't they come from the evil desires at war within you? (James 4:1)
I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. (Romans 16:17-18)
2. Council on American-Islamic Relations: Tear Down Every Confederate Memorial - Daily Caller
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), America's largest Muslim civil rights group, is calling on state and local governments all over the United States to tear down all monuments and memorials commemorating Confederate leaders and the short-lived Confederate States of America.
CAIR joined several groups asking for the removal of Confederate memorials in the wake of a "Unite the Right" white supremacist rally that turned violent over the weekend. At the Charlottesville, Va. rally, James Alex Fields, a rally attendee, allegedly plowed his grey Dodge Challenger through a large group of people on a pedestrian mall. One woman, Heather Heyer, died in the incident. About 20 other people suffered injuries.
Nihad Awad, CAIR's national executive director, urged state and local governments to erase every symbol and every vestige of Confederate history immediately. "A fitting response to the deadly terror attack on anti-racist protesters in Charlottesville would be for officials in states and cities nationwide to immediately announce that every street, every school, every flag, and every public memorial honoring those who took up arms in defense of white supremacy and slavery will be removed or have its name changed to instead honor those who fought for civil rights," Awad said in a statement to The Daily Caller. (Read more)
- Father, help us remember these statues and symbols are temporal and have become a hindrance to brothers and sisters in Christ. Help us to let them go, if necessary, to achieve racial reconciliation.
- Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. (Hebrews 12:1-2a)
Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. (1 Corinthians 8:9)
3. Franklin Graham Defends Trump, Blames Satan for Charlottesville Unrest - Christian Post
The president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan's Purse, Franklin Graham, defended President Donald Trump from critics saddling him with blame for the deadly clash that erupted at a white nationalist protest event in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend and blamed "Satan" for being "behind it all."
"Shame on the politicians who are trying to push blame on President Trump for what happened in #Charlottesville, VA. That's absurd. What about the politicians such as the city council who voted to remove a memorial that had been in place since 1924, regardless of the possible repercussions? How about the city politicians who issued the permit for the lawful demonstration to defend the statue? And why didn't the mayor or the governor see that a powder keg was about to explode and stop it before it got started?" Graham asked in a statement on Facebook.
"Instead they want to blame President Donald J. Trump for everything. Really, this boils down to evil in people's hearts. Satan is behind it all. He wants division, he wants unrest, he wants violence and hatred. He's the enemy of peace and unity. I denounce bigotry and racism of every form, be it black, white or any other. My prayer is that our nation will come together. We are stronger together, and our answers lie in turning to God," Graham added. (Read more)
- Father, thank You for inspiring this firm statement from Franklin Graham, laying the blame in the correct place - the enemy of our souls. Help us, Your Church, to unite and defeat the plan of the enemy.
- Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. (Ephesians 4:2-3)
4. Black Christian Leaders Detest Claim That Trump Is the 'Driver' of Racial Division in America - Christian Post A group of conservative black pastors and intellectual leaders on Monday defended President Donald Trump amid criticism of his initial response to the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, last weekend.
While some, like Charlottesville Mayor Mike Signer, have claimed that there is a "direct line" between the events in Charlottesville and the choices Trump made in his 2016 presidential campaign, conservative African-American clergy members, scholars and political activists decried such an argument in a Monday press conference at the National Press Club.
Organized by The Center of Urban Renewal and Education (CURE), a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit think tank founded by conservative political commentator and activist Star Parker, the press conference was originally scheduled for the purpose of praising the Trump administration's plan to revitalize inner cities. But given the events of last weekend - where clashes between white supremacists and counter-protesters became deadly - Charlottesville and the related issue of racial conflict dominated much of the talk in the news conference. (Read more)
- Father, thank You for these voices within the African-American community who understand the game that's being played. We pray African-Americans, especially Christians, will reject these slanderous accusations against President Trump.
- I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me. (John 17:23)
5. Lincoln Memorial defaced with explicit graffiti - Fox News
Authorities in the nation's capital are searching for a vandal after the Lincoln Memorial was spray painted with explicit graffiti early Tuesday. The National Park Service said it was working to remove the graffiti after it was discovered at about 4:30 a.m., FOX 5 DC reported. The graffiti, which was done in red spray paint on a column, appears to say "F*** law."
The monument preservation crew started cleaning up the tagged areas with a "gel-type architectural paint stripper safe for use on historic stone," and will continue to use the treatment until the graffiti is completely gone. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the U.S. Park Police at 202-610-7515. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for You to "throw cold water" on all agitators who wish to escalate tensions and spark a new Civil War. We know all of this is the plan of the enemy to ruin the ability of the United States to fulfill her Kingdom purposes. We say "No" in Jesus Name!
- But the one who rules in heaven laughs. The Lord scoffs at them. Then in anger he rebukes them, terrifying them with his fierce fury. (Psalm 2:4-5)
6. Charges sought against those who toppled Confederate statue - ABC News
Investigators are working to identify and charge protesters who toppled a nearly century-old Confederate statue in front of a North Carolina government building, the sheriff said Tuesday.
Durham County Sheriff Mike Andrews issued a statement that investigators are using video footage to identify those responsible for toppling the statue during a rally Monday night.
Law enforcement officers took video throughout the protest but didn't intervene as protesters brought out a ladder, climbed up to attach a rope and then pulled the bronze Confederate soldier from its pedestal. After it fell, some began kicking the statue, while others took photos standing or sitting on it. The protest was in response to violence and a death at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend.
Andrews said his staff met with community leaders before the Durham demonstration, and he was aware of the potential for vandalism - but also the risk of injuries if deputies moved in.
"Collectively, we decided that restraint and public safety would be our priority," he said, noting that his office was recently challenged in court over arrests of demonstrators at public meetings. "As the Sheriff, I am not blind to the offensive conduct of some demonstrators nor will I ignore their criminal conduct."
The Confederate Soldiers Monument, dedicated in 1924, stood in front of an old courthouse building that serves as local government offices. (Read more)
- Father God, we lay axe to the root of the violence in Charlottesville, and in the Name of Jesus, we now uproot all seeds of a similar nature that are being sown across the nation. We thank You that in the world of agriculture, if a seed remains in the ground for more than seven days, it begins to take root. Lord God, we thank You for this time of grace, that effective "uprooting" may yet come to pass. Please forgive all who are given to hateful thoughts and actions, dear Lord; they know not what they do. There, but for the grace of God, go I.
- "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." (Matthew 7:19)
7. Monument Avenue rallies scheduled in September are now canceled (Richmond) - NBC News/local
Two controversial rallies on Monument Avenue scheduled for September are now been canceled. One was in support of the monuments, the other would have been against.
But despite the cancellations, there are still fears that the debate over the monuments may lead to violence. Capitol Police no matter what, the department has enhanced security at the Lee Monument.
Bragdon Bowling says he was working as a concerned citizen when he filed a permit with the state to support the Confederate monuments. But he says there are safety concerns, and he doesn't want to put participants or the police in danger.
On the other side, a person started an event page called "Fight White Supremacy" to attract thousands of people for a counter protest on the same day. They were supposed to meet at the Arthur Ashe monument. Around 4 p.m. on Tuesday, the event was deleted from Facebook. (Read more)
- Hallelujah, Lord! May this tide that has begun to turn in Richmond, the capital city of Virginia, now flood across our nation, bringing peace, in Your name, amen.
- "He which has begun a good work in you shall continue it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6)
8. The Big List: U.S. epidemic of endangered monuments- WND
A nationwide effort is underway to remove Confederate statues and symbols from government grounds across America.
In dozens of cities across the U.S., activists are vandalizing and toppling Confederate monuments and symbols. They're also pushing for cities, counties and states to destroy or relocate statues dating back more than a hundred years.
Talk-radio host Laura Ingraham warned that the recent violence and efforts to erase America's history are not about racial healing. . .
"What else will be subjected to their eradication and denunciation? This is not about racial healing. This is about the control of the narrative and the destruction of historical recognition. That is terrifying. What about books? Will they start burning books too?
"We see it with the Taliban, pulling down Christian historical sites. We've seen this in the old Soviet Union. We see this with the Stalinists," Ingraham continued. (Read more)
- Father God, may intercessors across our nation now go forth with this "hit list" in their hands, to protect our nation's heritage and to cast down the works of the evil one. May we pray together that all who do not know You across this great land of ours now come to know You as their Savior, Lord and King. In Your Name, amen,
- "Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." (Matthew 9:38)
Focus on Israel
1. Police arrest leader of banned Islamic group in northern Israel - Times of Israel
Islamic cleric Raed Salah was arrested overnight Tuesday following a raid on his home in the northern Israeli city of Umm al-Fahm.
Neighbors said large police forces arrived at the home in the Mahajaneh neighborhood of the city and searched the residence, and took Salah in for questioning. It was not immediately clear why he was arrested.
Salah has spearheaded campaigns asserting that "Al-Aqsa is in danger," focused on the claim that Israel intends to change the status quo at the contested Temple Mount holy site in Jerusalem. The allegation, denied by Israel, was at the heart of last month's violence and tensions surrounding the site.
2. Abbas condemns US senators for supporting anti-terror legislation - World Israel News
Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas condemned US Senators on the Foreign Relations Committee for voting in favor of the Taylor Force Act anti-terror legislation.
At a meeting of the PLO Executive Committee on Sunday, the PLO condemned the senators for their vote, which calls to cut all funding to the PA if it continues paying salaries to terrorists and allowances to families of so-called Martyrs.
The act is named in memory of Taylor Force - a former US Army officer and veteran of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars who was murdered in Tel Aviv in a Palestinian stabbing attack in March 2016. The 28-year-old Force, a Vanderbilt University graduate student, had been visiting Israel as part of a school-organized spring break trip.
3. Israel exposes Hamas scheme to transfer money to terrorists' families - Israel Hayom
A financial pipeline used by Hamas to transfer funds to terrorists' families in Jerusalem was recently exposed in a joint operation by the Shin Bet security agency and the Israel Police.
A Shin Bet statement released Monday said the money was transferred by Hamas operatives in the Gaza Strip, with the goal of encouraging terrorist attacks and supporting the families of terrorists killed or imprisoned in Israel.
In light of intelligence provided by the Shin Bet, Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman authorized confiscating the funds, or sums equivalent to them, to the tune of more than 130,000 shekels ($36,000). In addition, more than NIS 100,000 ($28,000) in cash was found by security forces in searches of the homes of suspected recipients.
4. Israeli Crowdfunding Campaign Raises 1 Million Shekels for Policewoman Paralyzed in Jerusalem Terror Attack - Algemeiner
An Israeli crowdfunding campaign on behalf of a policewoman who was paralyzed by a Palestinian terrorist in Jerusalem last year has reached its goal of gathering one million shekels, the Hebrew news site nrg reported.
The money will go toward the purchase of an accessible apartment for 38-year-old Tsippi Yacovian - a married mother of two - in the Israeli capital.
"Once again, the people of Israel are proving the power of unity," the crowdfunding page said. "Once again, we are standing side by side in difficult moments. Once again, we are carrying the stretcher together and leaving no wounded person behind in the field."
5. Daughter of Ambassador Friedman immigrates to Israel - YNET News
Talia Friedman, 23, daughter of US Ambassador to Israel, David Friedman, officially immigrated to Israel on Tuesday morning, together with 232 other new Israeli citizens.
Ambassador Friedman greeted his daughter when she disembarked at Ben Gurion Airport, saying, "We are so proud of her and love her very much; we only want her to be happy. She loves Israel and our whole family loves Israel."
The Daily Brief
1. Trump pressured to dump nationalist wing - The Hill
Pressure is mounting on President Trump to dump his controversial chief strategist Stephen Bannon after this weekend's racial violence in Charlottesville, Va., provoked widespread anger at the nationalist wing of Trump's White House. Democrats, and some Republican critics of Trump, are demanding he cut ties with Bannon, the former Breitbart News chairman who once described his site as the "platform for the alt-right." Adviser Sebastian Gorka, who once wrote for the publication, has also come under criticism.
"If he doesn't want this to consume his presidency, he needs to purge anyone involved with the alt-right," said Rick Tyler, the former presidential campaign spokesperson for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas). "Breitbart has become a pejorative. It has been a vehicle for the alt-right," Tyler said. "You can't allow the Oval Office to be a vehicle for the alt-right."
That sentiment was echoed countless times over the weekend by a broad spectrum of Washington insiders, including establishment Republicans and Democratic lawmakers.
"If the president is sincere about rejecting white supremacists, he should remove all doubt by firing Steve Bannon and the other alt-right white supremacist sympathizers in the White House," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in a statement Monday. (Read more)
- Father, we pray You would protect President Trump and his trusted advisors from malicious slander.
- As for a rogue, his weapons are evil; he devises wicked schemes to destroy the afflicted with slander, even though the needy one speaks what is right. (Isaiah 32:7)
- God will go before me and will let me gloat over those who slander me. (Psalm 59:10)
2. Trump decries 'alt-left' in Charlottesville: 'Do they have any semblance of guilt?' - Fox News
President Trump, responding to criticism that he failed to condemn white supremacist groups forcefully enough after the Charlottesville, Va., protest violence, on Tuesday called out "alt-left" protesters for their actions that same day, asking, "Do they have any semblance of guilt?"
"There's blame on both sides," Trump said Tuesday, echoing the language he had used Saturday when he faulted "many sides." Trump went on to criticize the "alt-left" for their role in stoking unrest over the weekend.
"You had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent, and nobody wants to say that," Trump said. "You had a group on the other side that came charging in without a permit and they were very, very violent." (Read more)
- Father God, we are grateful that You have given us a president who carefully examines all the facts before making a statement, and who is not afraid to call a spade a spade. We call forth truth tellers in our nation who will follow his example, and we pray for repentance and for healing to come to our land. In Your Name, amen.
- "Yes, truth is lacking . . ." (Isaiah 59:15)
3. Trump slams 'grandstanders' who quit CEO council over Charlottesville - Fox News
President Trump lashed out Tuesday at the CEOs dropping out of his manufacturing council, accusing them of grandstanding and saying they're replaceable.
The president responded on Twitter after several execs announced their departure from the American Manufacturing Council in protest over the administration's response to the deadly Charlottesville violence.
"For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS!" he wrote. (Read more)
- Father, if these men have not been loyal to our president, then we thank You for their removal. May President Trump only be surrounded by those men and women who truly wish to make America great again, in Your name, amen.
- "But God is the Judge; He puts down one and exalts another." (Psalm 75:7)
4. Alert! [GOOD NEWS!] President Trump Launching Section 301 Trade Infringement Investigation: "This is only the beginning" . . . - The Conservative Tree House
During an afternoon announcement with Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, President Trump announced the launch of section 301 trade investigations into China's business practices for theft of U.S. technology and violations of U.S. intellectual property rights.
Perhaps the most overlooked portion of the remarks from President Trump happened as he sat down to sign the Presidential Memorandum authorizing the official investigation: . . . This is only the beginning folks. This is only the beginning . . .
For approximately 30 years China has been engaged in a unidirectional trade war against the United States of America; facilitated and enabled by both Democrats and Republicans who have been purchased by multinational and corporate lobbyists to block any effort to defend our U.S. interests.
The biggest victims have been U.S. middle-class workers. Today, for the first time in modern U.S. history, a singular President stood up and began what will be an arduous process of fighting back, defending the U.S. economy and balancing the rights of U.S. workers and companies with "fair" and "reciprocal" trade. (Read more)
- Father, we pray this investigation will be thorough and bring all wrongdoing to light. Forgive our nation for not defending intellectual property rights and help us make the necessary corrections. Thank You for now restoring what the locust has eaten from us, in Your Name, amen.
- "Thou shalt not steal." (Exodus 20:15)
5. South Korea's Moon says no military action without Seoul's consent - Reuters
South Korea's President Moon Jae-in said on Tuesday there will be no military action upon the Korean peninsula without Seoul's consent and that the government would prevent war by all means.
"Military action on the Korean peninsula can only be decided by South Korea and no one else can decide to take military action without the consent of South Korea," said Moon in televised comments.
The president was making an annual speech to commemorate the 72nd anniversary of the nation's liberation from Japanese military rule that began in 1910 and ended in 1945. "The government, putting everything on the line, will block war by all means," Moon said. Previous presidents before Moon, who took office in May, have traditionally made North Korea the core of their speeches, mainly focusing on policy to engage Pyongyang. (Read more)
- Father, we pray President Moon will make the right decisions to protect his people and that He will look to You for guidance and inspiration as he leads South Korea.
- For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. (Proverbs 2:6)
6. Top US military officer notes 'difficult issues' with China - Associated Press/ABC News
The top U.S. military officer told his Chinese counterpart Tuesday that the U.S. and China have "many difficult issues" to work through, during a visit that comes amid tensions over North Korea's missile program, Taiwan and China's claims in the South China Sea. Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, made the remarks at the opening of a meeting with Fang Fenghui, chief of the People's Liberation Army's joint staff department.
U.S. officials say Dunford's visit aims to create a mechanism for improving communication between the sides, especially on sensitive issues such as North Korea. Dunford and Fang signed an agreement committing the sides to that goal, with the details to be discussed during talks in Washington in November. Fang said Dunford's visit was a key part of efforts to expand dialogue between the U.S. and China as agreed by President Donald Trump and his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, when they met earlier this year. To that end, China has arranged a series of important meetings and visits to help Dunford "know more about our military, (boost) our cooperation and build up our friendship," Fang said.
Dunford responded that the U.S. considered the meetings important to making progress on areas of disagreement, without citing any specific examples. "I think here, we have to be honest we have many, many difficult issues where we don't necessarily share the same perspective," Dunford said.
"I know we share one thing: We share a commitment to work through these difficult issues," he added, saying that with the guidance of political leaders "we are going to make some progress over the next few days." This is the highest-level meeting between the two countries' militaries since Trump and Xi met in Florida in April. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for Your Spirit to lead these talks and help our nations come into agreement on matters of regional security and cooperation. We do take note that, on the same day these talks were being held, our president signed the edict to reverse Chinese theft of our own intellectual property rights. (#4, above.) Perhaps this move was helpful in nudging the Chinese to pressure North Korea to stand down from its threatened attack against Guam? Only You know, O Lord . . . only You know. We give You the glory, amen.
- "The king's decrees were delivered to his highest officers and the governors of the province west of the Euphrates River, who then cooperated by supporting the people and the Temple of God." (Ezra 8:36)
7. Americans' debt level notches a new record high - Reuters
Americans' debt level notched another record high in the second quarter, after having earlier in the year surpassed its pre-crisis peak, on the back of modest rises in mortgage, auto and credit card debt, where delinquencies jumped. Total U.S. household debt was $12.84 trillion in the three months to June, up $552 billion from a year ago, according to a Federal Reserve Bank of New York report published on Tuesday.
The proportion of overall debt that was delinquent, at 4.8 percent, was on par with the previous quarter. However a red flag was raised over the transitions of credit card balances into delinquency, which the New York Fed said "ticked up notably." Loosening lending standards have allowed borrowers with lower credit scores to access credit cards, Andrew Haughwout, an in-house economist, said in the report. (Read more)
- Father, help us out of this mess. We repent for borrowing and not looking to You to meet our needs. We pray for Your help to pay our debts, allowing us the freedom to give and serve.
- The rich rules over the poor, And the borrower is servant to the lender.
8. Alcoholism epidemic: More than 1 in 8 Americans are now alcoholics - IB Times
Americans are becoming increasingly heavy drinkers, with the greatest rise among women, older people and ethnic minorities, national surveys have shown. Two large surveys carried out in 2001-02 and 2012-13 have found that harmful levels of drinking are increasing among almost all demographics in the US. The number of teetotallers is falling, while high-risk drinking and alcoholism rose sharply during the 11-year period, according to an analysis published in JAMA Psychiatry.
The first survey in 2001-02 questioned about 43,000 people on their drinking habits, while the second questioned 36,000 people. These large samples aimed to include people from all walks of life in the US to make sure they painted an accurate picture of the national population. The number of people who had consumed alcohol in the past 12 months went up 11.2% in the time between surveys. High-risk drinking went up by almost 30%. This means that at present about 29.6 million Americans are putting their health at risk due to their drinking habits. Men fall into the high-risk category if they have five or more standard drinks on one day at least once a week. Women are in this category if they have four or more in a day per week. (Read more)
- Father, this report is indeed sobering! We pray for our fellow citizens to be delivered of substance abuse and find Your deliverance and salvation. May many find their way to Twelve-Step programs for recovery, amen.
- "Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Oh how the media manipulates
There are a few headlines about fake news. But what about news that looks like news, but is designed to slant the reader's opinion of an event? It is factual, but doesn't tell the truth. It appears legitimate, but omits certain facts that provide a clear reason for the event. Such is the case with both the leftist media and the Democratic Party politicians involved in communicating a narrative about the riots in Charlottesville, Va., over the past weekend. Stories abound, but they are not-so-subtly remiss in telling what actually happened. It takes a discerning eye and ear to see and hear what these people are doing to manipulate public opinion toward a radical, violent agenda.
ESPN reported "As their hometown of Charlottesville, Virginia, reels from a weekend beset by violence stemming from a series of white supremacist rallies, NFL players Chris and Kyle Long said the community will emerge stronger...Neo-Nazis, skinheads, Ku Klux Klan members and other white supremacist groups staged a rally Friday to protest the city of Charlottesville's plans to remove a Robert E. Lee statue from a park. On Saturday, a 20-year-old man drove his car through a crowd of counter-protesters, killing a woman and wounding at least 19 others. Hours later, two Virginia state troopers were killed when the helicopter they were flying in as part of a large-scale police effort at the rally crashed into a wooded area outside the city."
The story never mentioned that Antifa, an extremist "anti-fascist" group comprised of anarchists and communists aiming to overthrow the US government and Black Lives Matter were the groups that engaged with the "white supremacists" and ignited the violence. The story gives the impression that these white racists and bigots just came into Charlottesville and rioted. No, the real story here is that at least three hate-filled and hate- and politically-motivated groups converged in Charlottesville and did what they do best-got violent. The news media and the Democratic Party politicians want the public to think it was just white racists who did the damage. They support Antifa and Black Lives Matter, the unmentioned agitators in the ESPN story.
There is no hate group that is more right than another. Hate groups are motivated by hate. They have no place in our society. But when a hate group aligns with the goals of certain political parties and media political leanings, they get a free pass. This is wrong. This is creating an uncivil atmosphere in our country at a time when we need to be coming together and discussing ways to solve our problems-not inflaming issues to violence and then trying to claim the high ground. Jesus said in John 8:31-32, "...If you continue in my word, then you are my disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." Truth and discernment begins with Christ. In it is freedom. We must discern the truth in all things that we might remain free. The devil's minions seek to enslave us all to their dark deeds.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
More Daily Features
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less
"The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." (Matthew 7:25-26)
My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less
"The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." (Matthew 7:25-26)
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus' Name.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
About the Author:
Words: Edward Mote, 1834
Melody: William B. Bradbury, 1863
About the Hymn:
[A lovely, detailed account!] One morning it came into my mind as I went to labour, to write an hymn on the 'Gracious Experience of a Christian.' As I went up Holborn I had the chorus,
'On Christ the solid Rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand.'
In the day I had four first verses complete, and wrote them off. On the Sabbath following I met brother King as I came out of Lisle Street Meeting who informed me that his wife was very ill, and asked me to call and see her. I had an early tea, and called afterwards.
He said that it was his usual custom to sing a hymn, read a portion, and engage in prayer, before he went to meeting. He looked for his hymn-book but could find it nowhere. I said, 'I have some verses in my pocket; if he liked, we would sing them.' We did, and his wife enjoyed them so much, that after service he asked me, as a favour, to leave a copy of them for his wife.
I went home, and by the fireside composed the last two verses, wrote the whole off, and took them to sister King As these verses so met the dying woman's case, my attention to them was the more arrested, and I had a thousand printed for distribution.
I sent one to the Spiritual Magazine, without my initials, which appeared some time after this. Brother Rees, of Crown Street, Soho, brought out an edition of hymns , and this hymn was in it. David Denham introduced it  with Rees' name, and others after
Your inserting this brief outline may in future shield me from the charge of stealth, and be a vindication of truthfulness in my connection with the Church of God.
Letter to the Gospel Herald
Signs and Wonders
Bizarre Wildfire Visible From Space Rages on Ice Continent
Unprecedented Wildfire on Frozen Continent Recalls Powerful Biblical Mixing of Fire and Ice
In an inexplicable mixture of fire and ice, a wildfire has been burning out of control in frozen Greenland, wreaking havoc with the ecosystem. The strange phenomenon of mixing opposing elements has its roots in the Bible, lending a deeper meaning to its reappearance.
Even in the summer, 90 percent of Greenland is covered in a sheet of ice up to two miles thick, so when satellites first picked up thermal images indicating a large fire in late July, scientists thought it was an error in the data. It wasn't until a pilot in a small airplane actually spotted the blaze on July 31 that scientists realized there was a problem.
The blaze, covering about two square miles, is unprecedented and nothing similar to this has been recorded in the cold island nation since satellite monitoring began in 2000. NASA called it "an unusual event."
The image of fire and ice is a powerfully Biblical, with its origins in the plague of hail that struck Egypt before the Exodus of the Jews. The Book of Exodus describes the balls of hail as containing flames.
"The hail was very heavy-fire flashing in the midst of the hail-such as had not fallen on the land of Egypt since it had become a nation." (Exodus 9:24)
(Source: Breaking Israel News) Read more here.
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
The Good News Corner
Creating Music With Just Your Thoughts: The Encephalophone Has Great Potential for Patients with Motor Disabilities
Neurologists have created a hands-free, thought-controlled musical instrument, which they've recently described in a report in Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. Researchers hope that this new instrument will help empower and rehabilitate patients with motor disabilities such as those from stroke, spinal cord injury or amputation.
"The Encephalophone is a musical instrument that you control with your thoughts, without movement," explains Thomas Deuel, a neurologist at Swedish Medical Center and a neuroscientist at the University of Washington, and first author of the report.
"I am a musician and neurologist, and I've seen many patients who played music prior to their stroke or other motor impairment, who can no longer play an instrument or sing," says Deuel. "I thought it would be great to use a brain-computer instrument to enable patients to play music again without requiring movement."
The Encephalophone collects brain signals through a cap that transforms specific signals into musical notes. The invention is coupled with a synthesizer, allowing the user to create music using a wide variety of instrumental sounds.
Worship With Us Today!
"It Is Well With My Soul"- Audrey Assad
To worship with us today, please go here . . .
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]