Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, July 10, 2017
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, July 10, 2017
"In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the Lord before them. 9 It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." (Zechariah 12:8,9)
To help sustain our work,
please go here. Thank you!
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
G20 News . . . and more . . .
1. GREAT AGAIN: Trump refuses to wear G20 pin - opts for American flag - The American Mirror
Donald Trump is making America exceptional once again. It's coming in small, yet proud ways, as evidenced at the G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany. As leaders were gathering for a photo op, most were sporting a G20 pin on their lapel. Not Trump. He was wearing an American flag. (View photo here)
- Our hearts rejoice as we see more and more evidence that this President is proud to be an American and is not apologizing all over the world for being American or being Christian. We rejoice that it is You who has brought this about. It is an inspiration to cause us to serve You even more in our everyday lives and in our prayer lives.
- "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance." (Psalms 33:12)
2. Trump to Putin: 'It's an honor to be with you' - POLITICO
Trump and Putin have 'robust' talk about election interference
President Donald Trump told Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday that "it's an honor to be with you" as the two leaders kicked off their much-anticipated bilateral meeting at the G-20 summit in Hamburg, Germany.
Neither Trump nor Putin, who were accompanied by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, respectively, offered specifics of what they would discuss once reporters left the room. Trump did not respond to a shouted question as to whether or not he would raise Russia's efforts to interfere in last year's presidential campaign, according to reporters in the room.
After months of questioning whether Moscow interfered in the 2016 presidential election, President Donald Trump raised the explosive topic Friday in his first meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the men had a "robust and lengthy exchange" on the question of Russian meddling. But Putin denied any involvement, Tillerson said, adding that the Russians had asked for proof that they were to blame for the campaign of cyberattacks-and the secretary of state stressed the need for the two countries to "move forward. . . It's not clear to me that we will ever come to some agreed-upon resolution," said Tillerson, who joined the Trump-Putin meeting along with his Russian counterpart, Sergei Lavrov. He added that improving the U.S.-Russia relationship is "too important not to find a way forward."
But the Associated Press reported that Lavrov said after the meeting that Trump had accepted Putin's assurances that the Kremlin had not sought to interfere in the 2016 election-and Putin himself didn't mention it at all in a brief comment as he moved to his next event, with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe: "I had a very long conversation with the President of the United States. Many issues have piled up: Ukraine, Syria, other problems, some bilateral issues, and once again the fight against terrorism and security measures." (Read more)
- Father, it is important for our country that You be in the midst of this relationship that President Trump has with Mr. Putin. We seek You to be in charge of their comings and goings and all communications and advisors. We ask that You would do those things that only You can do to establish Your will and purposes in the home country of the Russian Bear and turn them into a peace-seeking country. Thank You for our strong President who can handle this situation with Your guidance.
- "Let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it."
(1 Peter 3:11)
3. Russia and U.S. Clash Over Response to N. Korean Missile Launch - CNSNews.com
Ahead of President Trump's scheduled first meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, the two governments are sparring over how to respond to North Korea's latest provocation - unable even to agree on the nature of the missile launched by the regime on July 4, let alone what to do about it.
Russia's mission to the United Nations bristled Thursday after Reuters reported that it was blocking a draft U.N. Security Council press statement criticizing the launch. It was not "blocking" any initiative, the mission said in a statement, but simply disagrees that the projectile fired on Tuesday was an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).
The Russian mission complained in particular about the fact the Reuters report quoted from an internal email it had sent to other missions on the Security Council. "Once again we witness the unscrupulous steps of some members of the Security Council, which commit deliberate leaks, undermining the culture of interaction established in the U.N. Security Council over the years," it said.
Reuters subsequently changed its report, replacing the word "blocks" with "objects to." (Read more)
- Father God, we ask for a miracle here: that the U.S. and Russia can find common ground in dealing with our mutual threat: North Korea. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- "'Ah Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You." (Jeremiah 32:17)
4. Trump to China President Xi: N Korea nuclear threat will end 'one way or another' - Fox News
President Trump, at the start of his meeting Saturday in Germany with Chinese President Xi Jinping, called the Asian nation a "great trading partner" and said the increasing North Korea nuclear threat will eventually be resolved "one way or the other."
The much-anticipated meeting was one of several Trump and top administration officials had Saturday with world leaders at the close of the G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany. But it was considered perhaps the most critical. China is North Korea's largest trading partner, which gives the country considerable influence over Pyongyang and its growing threat, which includes developing a nuclear warhead and launching long-range missiles to transport them.
Trump told Xi that putting an end to North Korea's nuclear missile testing "may take longer than I'd like, it may take longer than you'd like. But there will be success in the end one way or the other. . . . Something has to be done," the president also said.
Saturday's meeting also focused on trade between the two nations. Trump said "many things have happened" that have created trade imbalances between the United States and China but "we're going to turn that around." (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask once again that You would take our president by the hand and guide him through these perilous times. In Your name, amen.
- " . . . if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
5. Israel, Jordan part of new, developing US-Russia deal on Syria ceasefire - Times of Israel
The United States and Russia have reached agreement on a cease-fire in southwest Syria, three US officials said Friday as President Donald Trump held his first meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The deal marks a new level of involvement for the US in trying to resolve Syria's civil war. Although details about the agreement and how it will be implemented weren't immediately available, the cease-fire is set to take effect Sunday at noon Damascus time, said the officials, who weren't authorized to discuss the cease-fire publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.
Jordan and Israel also are part of the agreement, one of the officials said. The two US allies both share a border with the southern part of Syria and have been concerned about violence from Syria's civil war spilling over the border. (Read more)
- Father God, so many new and excellent developments have emerged since our president went to Europe last week, but this report is at the top of the list. Thank You, Lord, in Your name, amen.
- "In everything, give thanks . . ." (I Thess. 5:18)
6. Trump to Three Seas Nations: If You Need Energy, 'Give Us a Call' - CNSNews.com
In a speech at the Three Seas Initiative Summit, President Donald Trump on Thursday touted the United States' energy independence, telling Central European leaders that America exports energy and if they need energy, they should "give us a call. . . We're here at this historic gathering to launch a new future for open, fair, and affordable energy markets that bring greater security and prosperity to all of our citizens. We are sitting on massive energy, and we are now exporters of energy, so if one of you need energy, just give us a call," Trump said.
He said the U.S. supports the Three Seas nations' "drive for greater prosperity and security" and applauded their "initiative to expand infrastructure." He welcomed the "historic opportunity to deepen our economic partnership with your region."
The Three Seas Summit consists of nations across Central Europe between the Baltic, Adriatic and Black Seas and was convened by Polish President Andrzej Duda and Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic. "The Three Seas Initiative will transform and rebuild the entire region and ensure that your infrastructure, like your commitment to freedom and rule of law, binds you to all of Europe and, indeed, to the West," Trump said. (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord for blessing our country with abundant energy and for policies that make it a commodity that can be exported. Praise You for a President who is pro-American, pro-business, and upbeat about sharing our desire to export to countries that are short on fuel. We pray that this effort will result in maintaining great relationships with these countries and peace will abound.
- "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation." Selah. (Psalms 68:19)
7. Trump: [in POLAND] 'If We Do Not Have Strong Families and Strong Values . . . We Will Not Survive' - CNS News
The values that bind America and Europe together - freedom, faith and family -- are threatened from the outside by common enemies and from the inside by bureaucracy, President Donald Trump told a cheering crowd of Poles in Warsaw on Thursday.
The fundamental question of our time is whether the West has the will to survive. Do we have the confidence in our values to defend them at any cost? Do we have enough respect for our citizens to protect our borders? Do we have the desire and the courage to preserve our civilization in the face of those who would subvert and destroy it? We can have the largest economies and the most lethal weapons anywhere on Earth. But if we do not have strong families and strong values, then we will be weak. And we will not survive.
In his 33-minute speech, interrupted by cheers at times, Trump warned against the "steady creep of government bureaucracy that drains the vitality and wealth of the people.
"The West became great, not because of paperwork and regulations, but because people were allowed to chase their dreams and pursue their destinies. Americans, Poles and nations of Europe value individual freedom and sovereignty. We must work together to confront forces, whether they come from inside or out, from the south and the east, the threat over time to undermine these values and to erase the bonds of culture, faith and tradition that make us who we are.' Trump said the forces that threaten our common values are doomed to fail - "if we want them to fail."
"And if we don't forget who we are, we just can't be beaten," he added. "Americans will never forget. The nations of Europe will never forget . . . There is nothing like our community of nations. The world has never known anything like our community of nations." (Read more)
- Abba, Father, how long have Christians waited to hear our president speak to the importance of strong families. People are busy with events of the world, but wholesome family life seems to be forgotten sometimes. Stuff and things don't make strong families. Love for God, His teachings and love for each other make strong families. Teach each of us to be strong members of our family so we have no weak links for Satan to enter in. Life with You, Lord, is the only way to insure strength for families and strong values.
- "And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a Jubilee for you; and each of you shall return to his possession, and each of you shall return to his family." (Leviticus 25:10)
8. North Korea's Launch Puts Pressure on U.S. Missile Defense - Bloomberg
Kim Jong Un's test of an ICBM capable of striking the U.S. mainland is putting renewed pressure on a U.S. missile defense system racing to keep up with North Korea's quickly evolving military threat.
While the U.S. "completely obliterated" a mock intercontinental ballistic missile in a late May test of its $36 billion ground-based defense system, according to the Missile Defense Agency, outside analysts call those tests choreographed events that don't reflect real-world scenarios. That would require knocking down an unexpected launch, with a warhead possibly masked by sophisticated decoys launched under adverse conditions.
And while the two latest U.S. missile defense tests have succeeded, the two before that failed to destroy their target.
"Missile defense, even if it worked perfectly, is not a get out of jail free card," said Laura Grego, the senior scientist for the Global Security Program at the Union of Concerned Scientists, who follows missile defense issues closely. "The homeland missile defense system doesn't work perfectly and hasn't demonstrated a real-world capability." (Read more)
- Father God, we freely admit that there can be no defense over our land, save Your presence with us. We come before You today on bended knee, in repentance, and we ask for Your deliverance to prevail against our enemies.
Lord God, we understand, too, from other reports that it was the budget-cutting actions of the last administration that has essentially gutted our capacity to defend ourselves. Have mercy, O Lord, we pray and restore what the locust has eaten among us, in Your name, amen.
- "So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten . . ."
9. Americans need to prep for EMP, energy expert warns - WND
With the threat of a nuclear-armed North Korea hovering over East Asia, several Japanese cities have begun holding evacuation drills to prepare for a potential missile strike. The possibility seems very real, with North Korea launching ballistic missiles that left and reentered the atmosphere nine times this year.
North Korea threatens the United States as well. The communist country previously launched two satellites that orbit over the U.S. and are capable of performing a surprise electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack at an altitude and trajectory that would evade U.S. National Missile Defenses, according to national security expert Peter Vincent Pry.
What's more, when North Korea performed its first underground nuclear test, American scientists scoffed because it produced an explosion of less than one kiloton, a small fraction of what U.S. nuclear bombs produce. However, that explosion was the perfect size to trigger an EMP event, according to energy expert Jeffrey Yago. And North Korea's nuclear tests have gotten bigger since then. (Read more)
- Abba Father God . . . we have no defense against an EMP strike . . except by You. Once again, we come to You on bended knee, asking for mercy in our time of need. Protect us, Lord Jesus, we pray in Your name, amen.
- "Arise, O Lord,
Do not let man prevail;
Let the nations be judged in Your sight.
Put them in fear, O Lord,
That the nations may know themselves to be but men." (Psalm 9:19,20)
10. Trump appears to back off joint 'Cyber Security unit' with Russia after criticism - Fox News
President Trump tweeted Sunday evening that a proposed "Cyber Security unit" operated by the U.S. and Russia "can't happen," an apparent reaction to criticism of the idea by Democrats and Republicans.
Trump announced in a Twitter post Sunday morning that he had discussed the idea with Russian President Vladimir Putin during their meeting on the sidelines of the G-20 summit in Hamburg, Germany. He said that the U.S. and Russia would work together to ensure that "election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded."
There was no immediate comment from the White House or lawmakers Sunday on Trump's apparent about-face. (Read more)
- We thank You, Lord, that President Trump has the grace to stand down, when needed, before launching any new policy decision for the White House. We see this action as a sign of the strength of his character, rather than as a sign of weakness. In Your name, amen.
- "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
Focus on Israel
1. After Meeting Indian PM, Mumbai Terror Survivor to Accompany Netanyahu to India - Chabad
JERUSALEM-Eleven-year-old Moshe Holtzberg, who survived a November 2008 terrorist massacre in Mumbai that took the lives of his parents, Rabbi Gavriel and Rivka Holtzberg,accepted an invitation today to travel to India with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel after the boy's emotion-filled meeting with Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi of India, now on a historic three-day trip to Israel.
"I grew up there in Mumbai," Moshe, speaking in English, told the dignitaries. "This is my home. I hope I will be able to visit Mumbai, and when I get older, live there. I will be the director of our Chabad House."
The small crowd broke into cheers when he completed his speech with, "Dear Mr. Modi, I love you and your people in India."
2. UNESCO Resolution Denounces Israel as 'Occupying Power' in Jerusalem - Breaking Israel News
Israel blasted UNESCO's World Heritage Committee for calling the country an "occupying power" in Jerusalem and condemning "all [Israeli] legislative and administrative measures and actions" that have "altered or purport to alter the character and status of the Holy City."
"No faux 'heritage committee' can sever the bonds between our people and Jerusalem," said Danny Danon, Israel's Ambassador to the United Nations. Foreign Ministry spokesman Emmanuel Nahshon said the vote served the interests of "the enemies of history and truth."
"Jerusalem is the eternal capital of the Jewish people. No UNESCO decision can change that," Nahshon said.
3. Israel cuts $1M in UNESCO funds over Cave of Patriarchs resolution - Israel Hayom
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over the weakened slashed $1 million from the fees Israel pays the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization after the agency designated the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron a Palestinian World Heritage site. The prime minister said the funds would be diverted to a series of Jewish heritage projects related to Hebron.
Israel's annual contribution to UNESCO stands at $12 million.
Twelve of the World Heritage Committee's 21 member states voted in favor of the resolution Friday, three opposed it and six abstained.
4. Gafni puts the brakes on 'United Jerusalem' bill - Israel National News
MK Moshe Gafni (UTJ) sent a letter to Coalition Chairman David Bitan (Likud) at the end of the week, requesting Bitan not bring Education Minister Naftali Bennett's (Jewish Home) "United Jerusalem Bill" for a vote on Sunday.
According to Gafni, the bill would be a basic law, and would therefore require his party to hold an internal discussion over whether or not to support the bill. Gafni therefore requested the vote be delayed until his party could hold their discussion.
5. Report: Netanyahu calls Putin to discuss Syria buffer zone - Israel National News
Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu in an urgent phone call on Thursday discussed creating an extended buffer zone in Syria with Russian President Vladimir Putin, the Times of London reported.
The new buffer zone would extend to 30 miles (48 kilometers) east of the Golan Heights, and include the Syrian towns of Daraa and As-Suwaida. Neither Iran nor Hezbollah would be allowed into the buffer zone
However, it would not be controlled by Russia.
6. Bridges for Peace - Weekly Prayer Update
To read this update, please go here.
7. Intercessors for Israel - Friday Prayer Points
To read this report, please go here.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. . +220,000 Jobs in June; Record 153,168,000 Employed - CNS News
The U.S. economy added 220,000 jobs in June, the best showing since February and well above analysts' expectations of 174,000.
The Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics also said the number of employed Americans -- which set records in February, March and April -- set another record in June, at 153,168,000 employed.
And the number of Americans not in the labor force -- after four straight monthly gains - dropped a bit to 94,813,000.
People age 16 and older who are not institutionalized or in the military are counted as "not in the labor force" if they are neither working nor looking for work. This number includes retirees, students, homemakers, the disabled, and others who have stopped looking for work for whatever reason. (Read more)
- Thank you, Father God, for the increase in our nation's labor force. You, Lord, have given provision for this increase in the number of jobs by placing Donald Trump in the position of President of our great nation. Our prayer is for more increase in the number of employed citizens. Bless those who have found jobs and let them know You are their provider of all things. May You be praised and given the glory for these successes. Let all know that You are the only God who provides salvation for eternity. In Your name, amen.
- "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)
2. Government Job Growth in June Outstrips Manufacturing 35 to 1 - CNSNews.com
The growth in the number of employees in federal, state and local government jobs beat the growth in the number of employees in manufacturing jobs 35 to 1 in June, according to the employment data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The seasonally adjusted government employment number grew by 35,000 in the month, while seasonally adjusted manufacturing employment grew by only 1,000.
Also, in 2017 so far, the United States has created 1,000 more government jobs than manufacturing jobs, according to the BLS data. From May to June, the seasonally adjusted total for employment in government rose from 22,318,000 to 22,353,000-an increase of 35,000. At the same time, the seasonally adjusted total for employment in manufacturing rose from 12,395,000 to 12,396,000-an increase of 1,000. (Read more)
- Hallelujah for economic growth in the United States. In spite of all that the previous president did for 8 long years to destroy the US, God's people have stood fast on His promises and He is faithful. He is our provider. Continue to give our president Your wisdom and knowledge, Lord, as he is led by the Holy Spirit in the decisions he makes. Thank You, Jesus, that our nation will become strong again in the world arena. Praise be to God.
- "I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing." (Genesis 12:2)
3. 'Special Counsel Mueller's Investigation is Out of Control,' DOJ 'Should Shut It Down' - CNSNews.com
Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia's alleged collusion with the Trump 2016 campaign and the firing of FBI Director James Comey is "out of control" and should be "shut down" by the Department of Justice, said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.
On Twitter, July 2, Fitton said, "Special Counsel Muller's investigation is out of control" and "DOJ should shut it down." On July 5, Fitton tweeted, "At least seven of the 15 lawyers Mueller has brought on to the special counsel team have donated to Dem candidates."
Also, during a July 3 interview on Fox's Happening Now, Fitton said, "This is the twelfth -- my count is 14 or 15 -- lawyers they have working on this one investigation to investigate what? An employment dispute between [former FBI Director] Comey and the president? Paul Manafort's filing of a document or General Flynn's filing of a document?"
"I don't understand what this investigation is about," said Fitton. (Read more)
- Lord God, all we see here are more lawyers, more time wasted, more division, and more investigations with no resulting convictions. These things are just what Satan and his followers enjoy but they are not Your ways, Lord. Take control of these things and "drain the swamp," we pray. The President has a job to do and, with this harassment, cannot do what he has been called to do by You. Father God, we ask You to take out any that oppose Your plans and deal with them as You see fit. Clear the way for President Trump to act as You direct. Let all those in positions of authority be about Your business without interference. Thank you, Lord, amen.
- "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:6)
4. Judge Denies Hawaii's Motion on 'Travel Ban,' Says Supreme Court Right Venue - NBC News
A federal judge in Hawaii has denied a motion filed by that state seeking to limit the scope of President Donald Trump's so-called travel ban, parts of which were cleared to be implemented by the U.S. Supreme Court. U.S. District Judge Derrick Watson said in a ruling Thursday in Honolulu that the Supreme Court is the proper venue to deal with the issue. Watson denied the request without prejudice to its re-filing with the Supreme Court.
"Because Plaintiffs seek clarification of the June 26, 2017 injunction modifications authored by the Supreme Court, clarification should be sought there, not here," Watson wrote in Thursday's ruling.
On Friday, the State of Hawaii filed notice that it intends to appeal Thursday's decision by a federal judge in the travel ban case. (Read more)
- Father God, we do thank You for this opinion rendered by the District Court in Hawaii. We also pray for unity among the states regarding the travel ban. We pray that the travel ban be upheld since parts of the ban has been cleared by the Supreme Court. We rely upon a state of renewed LAW and ORDER in our nation, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Sing praises to God, sing praises!
Sing praises to our King, sing praises!" (Psalm 47:6)
5. Study blows 'greenhouse theory out of the water' - WND
BOZEMAN, Mont. - A new scientific paper contends the entire foundation of the man-made global-warming theory - the assumption that greenhouse gases warm the atmosphere by trapping heat - is wrong. If confirmed, the study's findings would crush the entire "climate change" movement to restrict CO2 emissions, the authors assert.
Some experts contacted by WND criticized the paper, while others advised caution. Still others suggested that the claimed discovery represents a massive leap forward in human understanding - a "new paradigm."
The paper argues that concentrations of CO2 and other supposed "greenhouse gases" in the atmosphere have virtually no effect on the earth's temperature. They conclude the entire greenhouse gas theory is incorrect.
Instead, the earth's "greenhouse" effect is a function of the sun and atmospheric pressure, which results from gravity and the mass of the atmosphere, rather than the amount of greenhouse gases such as CO2 and water vapor in the atmosphere. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that TRUTH is finally being revealed about this entire matter of the "greenhouse" effect and its impact upon global warming. Thank You, Abba God, for granting President Trump the courage to break way from the Paris Climate Treaty, thus allowing America to be a free and independent nation in all matters related to "global warming." In Your Name, amen.
- "The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes . . ." (Deuteronomy 1:30)
6. Haley calls UNESCO Hebron motion 'an affront to history,' says US to review ties - Times of Israel
US envoy warns move will undermine trust for peace process and discredit the 'already highly questionable UN agency'
Hours after UNESCO declared the Tomb of the Patriarchs, in the Old City of Hebron in the West Bank, an endangered Palestinian world heritage site, US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said the move was both "tragic" and an "affront to history," and that the US would review its ties with the world body as a result of the decision.
On Friday, the United Nations Educational, Scientific, Cultural Organization (UNESCO) passed its second anti-Israel resolution in less than a week.
During the World Heritage Committee's 41st annual summit, currently taking place in Krakow, Poland, twelve countries voted in favor of the Hebron decision while three opposed it and six countries abstained. Both the US and Israel protested vigorously against the motion. The voting took place in secret, whereas in the past, votes to inscribe sites onto UNESCO's World Heritage List are done by a show of hands among all the member states. But three countries - Poland, Croatia and Jamaica - requested a secret ballot, much to the objection of other countries.
"The UNESCO vote on Hebron is tragic on several levels. It represents an affront to history," Haley said in a statement.
The resolution, she said, would stultify ongoing attempts by the Trump administration to renew Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, a major foreign policy priority for Washington.
"It undermines the trust that is needed for the Israeli-Palestinian peace process to be successful," she said. "And it further discredits an already highly questionable UN agency. Today's vote does no one any good and causes much harm."
"The United States is currently evaluating the appropriate level of its continued engagement at UNESCO," she warned. (Read more)
- Lord God, once again we offer a chorus of PRAISE for another of Donald Trump's appointees: Nikki Haley. We stand by Israel in prayer, and we pray for the peace of Jerusalem. We decree that this land belongs to You, Abba, and to no other, in Your name, amen.
- "When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:19)
7. New hearing to be held Monday for parents of Charlie Gard, terminally ill British baby - CBS News
The parents of Charlie Gard, a terminally-ill British baby, are trying to get him to the U.S. for an experimental treatment, and there's a hearing in London on Monday.
Pope Francis and President Trump have already weighed in and Congress may be next.
Connie Yates and Chris Gard rallied support for their son Charlie on Sunday, extending a campaign to move the 11-month-old to America -- after doctors and judges in England determined that Charlie should be taken off life support.
"Unfortunately, they are not specialists in Charlie's condition, the specialists are in America -- where we want to go," Chris Gard says.
Charlie was born healthy but a severe genetic condition soon left him blind, deaf and unable to breathe. His doctors saw no hope of recovery.
But on Friday, instead of removing Charlie's breathing tubes, Charlie's hospital asked the courts for "a fresh hearing" in light of "new evidence relating to potential treatment."
"We've been fighting for this medication since November. He's our son, he's our flesh and blood. He deserves a chance," Yates says.
That chance could come via New York-Presbyterian Hospital and Columbia University Medical Center. Doctors have offered to try an experimental drug, if Charlie can be safely and legally transferred, or the drug can be shipped to London. This is not considered a cure.
U.S. Rep. Brad Wenstrup (R-Ohio) and Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) want Charlie to have a chance here in the U.S., regardless of what the English courts determine. This week, they plan to introduce a bill that would give the family permanent U.S. residency -- an open door to treatment. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for this breakthrough, and we petition the High Court of Heaven to oversee this case, and to bring this little baby to the U.S. for extended treatment, amen.
- "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live." (Deuteronomy 30:19)
> > > To sign a petition in support of Charlie's parents, please go here.
The Daily Jot
Friday, July 7, 2017
Threat to the First Amendment
The leftist media is saying that the President calling them out about reporting lies and mistruth is undermining the First Amendment of the Constitution. The First Amendment reads: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." The First Amendment is actually threatened in several ways. One is if the news media abrogates its responsibility as a trusted watchdog of the government; another is if the government threatens its guaranteed freedoms; and another is if citizens don't hold accountability.
The leftist news media has abrogated its responsibility as a watchdog. As a collective group, it is crying like spoiled children because a President dare expose its heretofore monopoly on reporting whatever it can to support a narrative of a political agenda that is poisonous to the Republic's form of government. This is very real. It appears that the mainstream of the leftist media is conspiring with the leftists in the Democratic Party to undermine duly elected officials and prevent them from governing as the people have so instructed. This is proven repeatedly by the fake news, the visceral participation in dividing the nation, inflaming the populace and reporting the news from a slanted point of view, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The previous Administration and the leftist news media worked together for eight years in painting a picture of America that was and is counter to the Constitution. Laws were broken. Laws went unenforced. Conservatives were singled out and punished or silenced. In his parting address to the news correspondents dinner on April 30, 2016, the former "president" said, "But we've always shared the same goal--to root our public discourse in the truth; to open the doors of this democracy; to do whatever we can to make our country and our world more free and more just. And I've always appreciated the role that you have all played as equal partners in reaching these goals." His words were never truer or more revealing of this relationship. His truth remains a globalist socialism that is counter to and incompatible with the American ideal.
When the media supports a particular political agenda (surveys indicate the media votes about 90% for Democrats) it has lost all objectivity resulting in the public receiving mass weaponized deception. It is up to the people, therefore, to stand for their First Amendment rights. It starts by boycotting leftist media because it is dependent on your viewership/readership. Then we must vocalize our distrust. Above all we must stand for the truth-not facts as they are presented-but the truth. Jesus said in John 8:32, "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." In John 14:6, Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me." Galatians 5:1 says, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty with which Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." Let us do so with vigor.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Trump Defends the West
Trump Defends the West
Submitted by: Gary Bauer
Friday, July 7, 2017
President Trump delivered an incredibly powerful speech this morning in Warsaw's Krasinski Square. It was a speech that Ronald Reagan would have loved!
How good was Trump's speech? So good that my lifelong friend Bill Kristol, who has been relentless in his criticism of the Trump/Pence Administration, tweeted this: "Trump's speech in Warsaw was an appropriate, even eloquent, speech worthy of a president speaking for America. #CreditWhereCreditIsDue"
The American left and the media are doing their best to convince us that Trump is a national embarrassment, that America's influence around the world is waning. As I noted yesterday, pro-Western fighters in Syria are cheering President Trump. Today the pro-Western crowd in Warsaw repeatedly chanted, "USA! USA!" and "Donald Trump! Donald Trump!"
During Obama's presidency, we got one lecture after another about the virtues of Islamic culture and one apology after another for America's "arrogance."
Today President Trump unapologetically defended Western Civilization. He called on Russia to end its support for tyrannical regimes, and he vowed to defeat radical Islam.
Below are excerpts of the president's remarks. You can watch his address here.
> > > To read the rest of this article, please go here.
Poland Rejects Islam
Poland Rejects Islam:
Poland to Muslims: " Here, Jesus is our King so get out "
On November of 2015 Poland marched in the streets against the Islamic invasion in defense of Christianity and their independence.
To view this report, please go here.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, July 9 - Saturday, July 15, 2017
A special note to our readers:
Due to technical difficulties, our Bible Study editor, Susan Turner, was not able to send you her own weekly prayer letter at this time.
Instead, we continue to point you to the regular list of chapters for this week's reading, by going here. Susan's letter to all of you follows . . .
Dear One Year Bible and Torah Readings Intercessors . . .
For now, I have to send you this week's One Year Bible Scriptures only due to the re-programming of AOL by Verizon.
I will keep trying this week to learn how to use this currently unusable system and would appreciate your prayers for God's Guidance on how to do this. Graphics and "cut and paste"are all but an impossibility . . .
Much love and I will leave you with God's Blessing for this week:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;-- Susan Turner
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace."
("The Priestly Blessing" Numbers 6:24-26 NKJV)
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace."
("The Priestly Blessing" Numbers 6:24-26 NKJV)
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
WHEN WE ALL GET TO HEAVEN
"In my Father's house are many rooms . . . I am going there to prepare a place for you." (John 14:2)
WHEN WE ALL GET TO HEAVEN
"In my Father's house are many rooms . . . I am going there to prepare a place for you." (John 14:2)
Sing the wondrous love of Jesus, Sing His mercy and His grace. In the mansions bright and blessèd He'll prepare for us a place.
When we all get to Heaven, What a day of rejoicing that will be! When we all see Jesus, We'll sing and shout the victory!
While we walk the pilgrim pathway, Clouds will overspread the sky; But when traveling days are over, Not a shadow, not a sigh.
Let us then be true and faithful, Trusting, serving every day; Just one glimpse of Him in glory Will the toils of life repay.
Onward to the prize before us! Soon His beauty we'll behold; Soon the pearly gates will open; We shall tread the streets of gold.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Eliza E. Hewitt, 1898
Music: Emily D. Wilson
Signs and Wonders
Total Solar Eclipse 2017:
Astronomer Explains Everything You Need to Know about August Event
The first total solar eclipse to pass from the West Coast to the East Coast in almost a century will see parts of the U.S. plunged into darkness over the course of the day on August 21. With only a month to go, Newsweek spoke to Jay Pasachoff, Field Memorial Professor of Astronomy at Williams College, about what the eclipse is, what happens on the day-and what we can learn from the cross-coastal event.
[Topics include the following]
- What is a total solar eclipse?
- Why do they happen?
- Are they rare events?
- Why is the August 21 solar eclipse special?
- What will happen on the day?
- What will people in the path of the eclipse see?
- What about those not directly in its path?
- When will the next total solar eclipse happen over the U.S.?
- What can total solar eclipses tell us about the Sun? (Newsweek) Read more here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars . . ."
The Good News Corner
President Trump's Salary Donation Goes to This Civil War Battlefield
President Donald Trump's first quarter salary donation of $78,333 will go to repair the Antietam National Battlefield in Maryland, the Washington Examiner reported.
"The president's donation will allow generations of Americans to learn about our history and heritage on this sacred site," Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said on Wednesday.
"As both the secretary of the interior and a military veteran, I'm deeply honored and humbled to deliver the donation to Antietam National Battlefield on behalf of President Trump."
Three nonprofit organizations and an anonymous donor added to Trump's donation to bring it up to $264,213, the National Park Service said, according to The Hill.
The funds will be used to restore the exterior of Antietam's Newcomer House and construct a new fence at the battlefield, the website reported.
Trump's $78,333.32 check is his after-tax income for being president between Jan. 20 and the end of March, The Hill said. He asked that the money be used to maintain historic battlefields.
And Zinke added: "I can find no better investment in our country than our battlefields." (Newsmax) Read more.
- Father God, we thank You for this example of selfless generosity demonstrated by President Trump. May many other American citizens -- those of great wealth and means - do the same as they are able. Thank You, Lord, amen and amen.
- "Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God." (Matthew 5:8)
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]