To view the short form of yesterday's Brief,
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
" . . . the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord As the waters cover the sea." (Isaiah 11:9)
> > > To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
" Pray without ceasing . . . " (1 Thess. 5:16)
The "Night of Power"
Special Prayer Focus:
Tonight is Islam's "Night of Power"
-- Please read this note from Dai Sup Han, Coordinator, PrayerSurgeNow:
My friend Susan Rowe, Co-Founder of the USA and Global Watch, is inviting us to the PRAYER WALL on Tuesday, June 20, 3-11 pm Eastern, using 408-638-0968, code 6457492167#. This will take place during the hours of "night of power" which are the most significant during Ramadan (30 days of Muslim prayer), June 20, 10 pm until June 21, 6 am Jerusalem Time Zone. We are provide with a blessed opportunity to enter into united prayer towards releasing: (1) the revelation of Jesus / Yeshua / Isa for more than 1.6 billion Muslims throughout the world (2) and Heaven's power to nullify the enemy's plans of terror and control among the nations.
Would you join international servant leaders, intercessors, and me during any portion of Night of Power Strategic Initiative? I am honored to be among 12 facilitators partnering with Sue and one another! Please read the details below and open the PDF attachment with schedule with hourly focus and names of facilitators. You are welcome to share this invitation with fellow intercessors. Thank you!
To read the general announcement, please go here
To read the specific agenda, please go here.
> > > We invite all of our Prayer Partners to prayerfully consider taking part in this international call, crying out for the souls of the people of Islam worldwide. The call will begin at 3:00 pm. EDT and continue for eight hours through 11:00 p.m. EDT.
Focus on Israel
1. Netanyahu to Iran: We're watching your every move - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Iran following its missile strike in Syria Monday that the Islamic Republic should not be threatening Israel.
Speaking to his Likud faction at the Knesset, he said Israel is always watching every step Iran takes in the region. He said this included Iran's attempts to entrench itself in Syria and to transfer advanced weapons to Hezbollah. (Read more)
2. Netanyahu assails Abbas in tweetstorm on eve of new US peace bid - Times of Israel
Amid resurgent US peacemaking efforts and the arrival of two top Washington envoys to the region, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu accused Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas Monday of lying that he wants peace and "poisoning" the minds of young Palestinians.
"Palestinian President Abbas tells the world that he educates Palestinian children for peace. That's a lie," Netanyahu tweeted.
His ire came as the PA named a new square in Jenin after "martyr" Khaled Nazzal, who the premier noted was "a Palestinian terrorist chief who planned the 1974 Maalot massacre in which Palestinian terrorists murdered 22 school children and 4 adults." (Read more)
3. Jared Kushner to travel to Mideast to advance Israeli-Palestinian peace efforts - Times of Israel
Senior White House adviser Jared Kushner is to travel to the Middle East this week to meet with Israeli and Palestinian officials in an effort to advance peace efforts pursued by his father-in-law US President Donald Trump.
Kushner will travel along with special envoy Jason Greenblatt to meet with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas separately in the coming days, to discuss "their priorities and potential next steps," a senior White House official told The Times of Israel.
It is important to remember that forging a historic peace agreement will take time and to the extent that there is progress, there are likely to be many visits by both Mr. Kushner and Mr. Greenblatt, sometimes together and sometimes separately, to the region and possibly many trips by Israeli and Palestinian negotiators to Washington, DC, or other locations as they pursue substantive talks," the senior official said. (Read more)
4. 'Attacks on Israel prove UNHRC's entrenched political bias' - Israel Hayom
Jerusalem-based watchdog group NGO Monitor is accusing the U.N. Human Rights Council of deception and bias for its decision to compile a "blacklist" of companies from or with ties to Israel that operate beyond the Green Line, with the aim of declaring them illegal.
At the council's headquarters in Geneva on Monday, members of the watchdog group were set to argue the move by the UNHRC unfairly singles out Israel, while ignoring other conflict zones around the world where international companies are free to do business.
The decision to blacklist the Israeli companies, an initiative prompted by the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement, reportedly aims to bar the presence of any Israeli company beyond the Green Line. If adopted, the list could outlaw even private security firms that protect Israelis in Judea and Samaria from terrorist organizations. (Read more)
5. 6 Arab suspects arrested for throwing firebombs at Jewish homes in Old City - Jerusalem Post
Six Arab residents of the Muslim Quarter of Jerusalem's Old City, including five minors, were arrested Sunday morning on arson charges for allegedly throwing firebombs at Jewish homes in the area.
Police said the arrests were carried out after obtaining warrants to search each suspect's home amid an ongoing investigation.
"The six suspects attacked Jewish homes with petrol bombs in the Muslim Quarter over the last few weeks and were arrested for arson and attempted arson," said police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Otto Warmbier dead: Trump condemns 'brutal' North Korea regime - Fox News
President Trump slammed North Korea's "brutal regime" Monday after the death of college student Otto Warmbier, who was released by the communist nation in a coma last week. "Lot of bad things happened," Trump said during a White House meeting with technology CEOs, "but at least we got him home to be with his parents. It's a brutal regime," Trump went on, "and we'll be able to handle it."
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the United States held North Korea accountable for Warmbier's "unjust imprisonment" and demanded that the country release three other Americans it is holding prisoner for alleged crimes against the state. The U.S. government has previously accused North Korea of using such detainees as political pawns. (Read more)
- Oh, Father, how can we ever forgive this sin? Lord, we cannot forgive the North Koreans . . . but You can. We ask this, in Your name. Lord God, please meet Otto's parents in this time of deep pain, and help them come through this shock by Your grace, in Your name, amen.
- "Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted." (Matthew 5:4)
2. Georgia special election: Voters to settle most expensive congressional race in history - Fox News
With campaign spending expected to top $50 million, the race to fill the suburban Atlanta congressional district, vacated when Tom Price was named Health and Human Services Secretary, is the most expensive in U.S. history. Both candidates in the 6th District are calling on heavy hitters with Georgia roots to get out the vote on Tuesday.
"It's time to be knocking on those doors. It's time to be making those calls. It's time to be sending those emails," Secretary Price told supporters at a weekend rally for Republican Karen Handel. "It's time to be making certain that you are asking every single individual that you see within the 6th District, 'Have you voted?'"
Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue, a Republican, also stumped for Handel over the weekend, while Democrat Jon Ossoff enlisted the support of Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon. (Read more)
- Lord, this is a key event not only for the citizens of the State of Georgia, but also as a bellweather for our nation's future. We ask that Your wisdom would rest upon each voter as they go to the polls today. May each one vote by the leading of Your Spirit, in Your name, amen.
- "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, The people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance." (Psalm 33:12)
3. Justices Strike Down Law Banning Disparaging Trademarks - New York Times
In a decision likely to bolster the Washington Redskins' efforts to protect its trademarks, the Supreme Court on Monday ruled that the government may not refuse to register potentially offensive names. A law denying protection to disparaging trademarks, the court said, violated the First Amendment. The decision was unanimous, but the justices were divided on the reasoning.
The decision, concerning an Asian-American dance-rock band called the Slants, probably also means that the Washington Redskins football team will win its fight to retain federal trademark protection. The law at issue in both cases denies federal trademark protection to messages that may disparage people, living or dead, along with "institutions, beliefs or national symbols."
In 2015, a federal appeals court in Washington found the law's disparagement provision unconstitutional in a case brought by the Slants. Writing for the majority in a 9-to-3 decision, Judge Kimberly A. Moore of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit said that while some of the rejected trademarks "convey hurtful speech that harms members of oft-stigmatized communities," the First Amendment "protects even hurtful speech." (Read more)
- Lord, thank You for this ruling by the SCOTUS, which will likely relieve sports teams from lawsuits over names which have been around for many years.
- "For God is my defense." (Psalm 59:9b)
4. Supreme Court Agrees To Hear Wisconsin Gerrymandering Case- NPR
The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to take up an appeal over electoral districts in Wisconsin after a lower court ruled that the state's Republican-drawn map constitutes an "unconstitutional partisan gerrymander." It's the first time in more than a decade that the nation's highest court will take up the issue of partisan gerrymandering, or drawing voting districts with the aim of strengthening one political party. And it gives the court an opportunity to formally determine a metric on what constitutes unlawful gerrymandering, which could have major implications for the way voting districts are drawn in other states. (Read more)
- Lord we ask the Your will prevail over this court case, protecting the fairness of elections from districting that grants favor to one side or another.
- "And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies. Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries." (Psalm 27:11b,12a)
5. Steve Scalise condition: House Whip undergoes another surgery, now 'serious;' update on wounded lobbyist - AL.com
Medstar Washington Hospital Center announced Sunday evening Scalise underwent an additional surgery over the weekend but "continues to show signs of improvement."
"He is more responsive, and is speaking with his loved ones. The Scalise family greatly appreciates the outpouring of thoughts and prayers," the hospital announced.
Matt Mika, director of government relations for Tyson Food and former Congressional aid, was among the most seriously wounded in the attack. In a statement Saturday, Mika's family said he faces additional surgery but is showing "positive results." (Read more)
- Lord God, just as You are standing beside the bedsides of each of these injured victims of last week's shooting, so we, too, continue our prayer vigil on their behalf. Thank You, Father, that You are bringing both Steve Scalise and Matt Mika healing, one gentle step at a time. In Your name, amen.
- " Pray without ceasing . . . " (1 Thessalonians 5:16)
6. In the House Tomorrow: Russia Investigative Task Force Hearing with Former Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson - House Committee Repository
This committee will meet in the Capitol at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 21st. This hearing will last for two hours.
- Father, we also continue to "pray without ceasing" over every one of the Committee hearings now scheduled to take place on Capitol Hill, focusing on the alleged Russian interference with our elections last fall. Hear our prayers, O Lord, we pray, amen.
- "Woe to those . . . who defraud the one in the right with meaningless arguments." (Isaiah 29:18)
7. Attorneys general sue Trump over business ties - White House - world.wng.org
The District of Columbia and the state of Maryland filed a lawsuit Monday against President Donald Trump, alleging his business ties violate the Constitution. Karl Racine and Brian Frosh, both Democrats and the attorneys general for D.C. and Maryland, respectively, claim Trump's failure to completely sever his private business dealings is a breach of his office.
No state has ever accused a president of violating the Emoluments Clauses of the Constitution-which ban federal officials accepting gifts from foreign governments and prohibit the president from economic benefits other than his annual salary.
"The president's conflicts of interest threaten our democracy," Frosh said at press conference today. ""We cannot treat the president's ongoing violations of the Constitution and his disregard of the rights of the American people as the new acceptable status quo." (Read more)
- Father God, we pray that these accusations would fall to the ground as dust and be of no effect in a court of law. In Your Name, amen.
- "Woe to those . . . who defraud the one in the right with meaningless arguments." (Isaiah 29:18)
8. Google tightens measures to remove extremist content on YouTube - Reuters
Alphabet Inc's (GOOGL.O) Google will implement more measures to identify and remove terrorist or violent extremist content on its video sharing platform YouTube, the company said in a blog post on Sunday. Google said it would take a tougher position on videos containing supremacist or inflammatory religious content by issuing a warning and not monetizing or recommending them for user endorsements, even if they do not clearly violate its policies.
The company will also employ more engineering resources and increase its use of technology to help identify extremist videos, in addition to training new content classifiers to quickly identify and remove such content. "While we and others have worked for years to identify and remove content that violates our policies, the uncomfortable truth is that we, as an industry, must acknowledge that more needs to be done. Now," said Google's general counsel Kent Walker. (Read more)
- Father as much as we hate the terrorist content on Social Media, we also are leery of how these social media define "extremist" and "terrorist." We pray that You will guard Your people as these new rules go into effect, not allowing anything outside of Your will to be imposed.
- "I said, I will guard my ways, lest I sin with my tongue; I will restrain my mouth with a muzzle while the wicked are before me." (Psalm 39:1)
9. US F/A-18E Shoots Down Syrian Su-22 in Air-to-Air Kill - Military.com
A U.S. Navy F/A-18E Super Hornet shot down a Syrian Su-22 on Sunday after the Soviet-era fighter-bomber dropped munitions near U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces fighters, U.S. Central Command officials confirmed.
The strike was believed to be the U.S. military's first air-to-air kill involving manned aircraft in nearly two decades. The last known such instance was when a U.S. Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcon shot down a Serbian MiG-29 in 1999 during the Kosovo campaign.
"A Syrian regime SU-22 dropped bombs near SDF fighters south of Tabqah and, in accordance with rules of engagement and in collective self-defense of Coalition partnered forces, was immediately shot down by a U.S. F/A-18E Super Hornet," the command said in a release.
The attack comes after pro-Syrian forces attacked SDF fighters in Ja'Din, wounding a number of SDF fighters, officials said. The town is south of Tabqah and a known area where U.S. works with Russia to deconflict the airspace. (Read more)
- Father, this protection of the rebel forces with shooting down a Syrian plane has enraged Russia and Syria. We ask that You continue to protect our forces, and also grant our leadership wisdom in the use of rebel forces that are considered terrorists by Russia.
- "Remember this, that the enemy has reproached, O Lord, and that a foolish people has blasphemed Your name." (Psalm 74:18)
10. Iran launches missile strike into Syria in response to Tehran attacks - Reuters
Iran's Revolutionary Guard said Sunday it launched missiles into eastern Syria targeting Islamic State militants in response to a June 7 attack on Iran's parliament and a shrine in Tehran. The hardline paramilitary force also warned that it would similarly retaliate against anyone else carrying out attacks in Iran.
The launch of surface-to-surface medium range missiles into Syria's Deir el-Zour province comes as Islamic State militants fleeing a US-led coalition onslaught increasingly try to fortify their positions there Israel's Channel 10, quoting an Israeli intelligence source, said the missiles were Iranian Shahab-3 medium-range ballistic missiles, with a range of 1,200 kilometers (800 miles). [Read more]
- Father this new level of involvement by Iran is concerning. We pray that Your restraining hand will stop them from any further action.
- "The righteous cry out and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles." (Psalm 34:17)
11. Tensions rise in Syria as Russia, Iran send US warnings- AP
Russia on Monday threatened aircraft from the U.S.-led coalition in Syrian-controlled airspace and suspended a hotline intended to avoid collisions in retaliation for the U.S. military shooting down a Syrian warplane. The U.S. said it had downed the Syrian jet a day earlier after it dropped bombs near the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces conducting operations against the Islamic State group, adding that was something it would not tolerate.
The downing of the warplane - the first time in the six-year conflict that the U.S. has shot down a Syrian jet - came amid another first: Iran fired several ballistic missiles Sunday night at IS positions in eastern Syria in what it said was a message to archrival Saudi Arabia and the United States.
The developments added to already-soaring regional tensions and reflect the intensifying rivalry among the major players in Syria's civil war that could spiral out of control just as the fight against the Islamic State group in its stronghold of Raqqa is gaining ground. Russia, a key ally of Syrian President Bashar Assad, called on the U.S. military to provide a full accounting as to why it decided to shoot down the Syrian Su-22 bomber.
The U.S. military confirmed that one of its F-18 Super Hornets shot down a Syrian jet that had dropped bombs near the U.S. partner forces SDF. Those forces, which are aligned with the U.S. in the campaign against the Islamic State group, warned Syrian government troops to stop their attacks or face retaliation.
The Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement that as of Monday, all coalition jets and drones flying west of the Euphrates River will be tracked as potential targets. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray for Your power to protect our pilots, and our military against any actions by the Russians and Syrians. WE bind up this situation and loose Your Spirit to bring calm to the conflict in Syria.
- "Depart from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it." (Psalm 34:14)
12. North Korea: US officials seized diplomatic package at JFK - Fox News
North Korea claimed Sunday that U.S. officials forcibly seized a diplomatic package from one of their delegations at John F. Kennedy Airport, calling it an "illegal and heinous act of provocation."
The official Korean Central News Agency said officials were returning from a UN conference on rights of persons with disabilities Friday when they were "literally mugged."
"At the airport, a group of more than 20 including those who claimed to be from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the police officers made a violent assault like gangsters to take away the diplomatic package from the DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) diplomats who were in possession of a valid diplomatic courier certificate," a spokesman for North Korea's foreign ministry told the news agency.
"As the diplomats vigorously resisted, they grabbed the diplomatic package using physical violence and made off," the North Korean spokesman said. (Read more)
- Father we ask that You quell the constant evil from this North Korean government. We do not know what was in that "diplomatic package," but they are too upset for it to be something innocuous. We ask that You protect the US and all Western interests against this rouge nation.
- "The wicked plots against the just, and gnashes at him with his teeth. The Lord laughs at him, for He sees that his day is coming." (Psalm 37:12-13)
The Daily Jot
Monday, June 19, 2017
Where are the peacemakers?
My brother- and sister-in-law recently spent some time in Gettysburg exploring the historic battlefield. We were talking about their experience last night at dinner with my wife and son. We talked about how it is difficult to imagine that Americans turned on one another in a Civil War. That neighbors fought neighbors, brothers were against brothers and the deep emotional, physical, and spiritual toll that war exacted on the country, the effects still lingering after 150 years. The death toll of Americans in the US Civil War is estimated at approximately 700,000. We asked ourselves if there wasn't some way to have avoided that, to have worked it out? Then the conversation turned to the hostile environment of today.
The rhetoric is visceral. The radical left is relentless in trying to undermine and render ineffective a duly elected President. They are using foul and vulgar language, hiding behind "art" to depict beheading and assassination of the President. They are using words that fan the flames of hate, painting the image that if anyone disagrees with their dark view of the world that those people are hate mongers, racists, bigots, and worse. They have driven the narrative of the nation to an extreme level. The news media is part and parcel to amplifying the message of hate and rebellion. The politicians are pointing fingers and elevating accusations. The comedians and entertainers are joining the chorus with their star power.
Then we have a guy from the most gun-controlled state, Illinois, who hops in a van to another most gun-controlled area in Washington, DC, who somehow buys a semi-automatic weapon and manages to find an obscure baseball field where Republican Congressmen are practicing, and opens fire on them. Come to find out, he had a hit list of conservatives to kill. The question that remains is: Did he act alone, or is he part of a larger movement? Certainly, with all the rhetoric that has hatefully hit the news media since the shooting, it begs the question of what is really going on in this country. Many experienced with observing government overthrows believe we are witnessing a coup in the making.
Many others believe we are on the verge of another Civil War. The violence associated with the leftist groups against those who rally in support of the President is their confirmation. Folks, we do not need Americans killing Americans as what happened in the 1860s. We do not need to become a third world nation with communists and anarchists trying to overthrow our form of government. We need to pray for peace. We need to stand for righteousness and accountability. Jesus said in Matthew 5:9, "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." We need peacemakers to speak into this charged atmosphere. Let's use our conversations to calm down the rhetoric.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Disasters in the News
Disasters in the News
We continue to praise God for His Majesty rules over all, but we do acknowledge that, even so, "enemy forces" can be actively arrayed against us, too.
This week we witness the convergence of two evil forces of darkness, worldwide: 1) Islam's "Night of Power," taking place all night tonight; and 2) the fact that tomorrow -- June 21st -- marks the summer solstice and a time of increased demonic/occult/witchcraft activity, also worldwide.
As we read and pray over the following disasters in the news, it seems that this convergence of demonic activity might be taking its toll among us. And we nevertheless agree with our Lord, who hung on the Cross that ALL might be saved: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34) We cover ourselves and our loved ones with His Shed Blood, and we pray Psalm 91 over all of us, in these perilous times. Amen.
1. Portugal Fires Kill More Than 60, Including Drivers Trapped in Cars - NYT A raging forest fire in central Portugal this weekend killed more than 60 people, including at least 30 motorists who were trapped in their cars when the flames enveloped a stretch of road. The fire, which was still burning on Sunday afternoon, has brought "a dimension of human tragedy that we cannot remember," Prime Minister António Costa said during a visit to the scorched area around Pedrógão Grande. The initial deadly blaze started on Saturday, and the flames spread along four fronts with "great violence," said Jorge Gomes, the secretary of state for internal administration. By Sunday afternoon, five infernos were raging in central Portugal, he said. The death toll stood at 61, according to Lusa, the national news agency. Officials said they expected the toll to rise. (Read more)
- Father we ask for comfort for the families affected by this horrific disaster.
- "Comfort, yes comfort My People! Says your God." (Isaiah 40:1)
2. Driver dies after ramming car into police vehicle on Champs-Elysees in probable terrorist attack-Washington Post A car exploded as it crashed into a police vehicle on Paris's famed Champs-Elysees on Monday in what authorities called a probable terrorist attack. Police were treating the incident as a deliberate act, and the Paris prosecutor opened a terrorism investigation. The driver, whose identity was not immediately released, was killed in the crash, Gerard Collomb, France's interior minister, told reporters at the scene. No one else was injured, Paris police sources said. Police said the attacker - who was 31 and from the northwestern Paris suburb of Argenteuil - was known to French authorities, the Associated Press reported. He was reportedly listed on the government's "Fiche S," a dossier of people suspected of posing a threat to national security. (Read more)
- Father we ask that Your Holy Spirit move across France bringing Your wisdom to bear on their situation. Let their hearts be changed, and minds be renewed.
- "And suddenly there came a sound for heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind."
3. London van attack: One dead as police investigate incident as terrorism - Fox News
The man suspected of mowing down a crowd exiting Ramadan prayers at a London mosque early Monday was captured on video blowing a kiss at bystanders as he was hauled off to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.
At least one person was killed and 10 others were injured in the assault, which authorities were treating as a terrorist attack.
A 48-year-old man was arrested in the collision with pedestrians outside the Muslim Welfare House, Metropolitan police said. People at the scene shouted at him: "Why did you do that? Why?"
"This man was not known to authorities in the space of extremism or far-right extremism," Ben Wallace, Britain's minister for security, told Sky News. (Read more)
- Father, we take authority over the hatred and spirit of murder that satan has unleashed across the world. We pray for a mighty move of Your Holy Spirit to bring repentance, conviction of sin, and judgment.
- "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin and or righteousness, and or judgment" (John 16:8)
4. London fire: Sadiq Khan says tragedy caused by years of neglect - BBC
The Grenfell Tower fire was a "preventable accident" caused by "years of neglect" by the local council and successive governments, Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has said. After attending a service for victims, Mr Khan said the fire was a national disaster requiring a national response. Kensington and Chelsea Council's leader said officials had been working "around the clock" since the fire on Wednesday.
At least 58 people are believed to have died after the fire ripped through the 24-storey block in North Kensington in the early hours of Wednesday. Police are expected to announce an increase in that number on Monday. The BBC understands about 70 may have died. Eighteen people remain in hospital, nine in critical care. (Read more)
- Father, we freely admit that most of us were so caught up in prayer over the shootings last week in our nation's capital that we almost missed tracking the news of this horrific fire in London. We ask that You comfort those who mourn, and help all victims to recover, in Your name, amen.
- "Comfort, yes comfort My People! Says your God." (Isaiah 40:1)
July 2nd: A Day of Convergence
A Call2Fall; H.R. 376; and Christian Citizenship Sunday All Converge
on this Same Date!
Submitted by: Rev. Pierre Bynum,
National Prayer Director,
Family Research Council
Dear Praying Friends,
FRC President Tony Perkins launched the first Call2Fall in July of 2009. Since then, multiplied thousands of churches across America have made Call2Fall an annual observance on the Sunday before the Fourth of July. In the spirit of 2 Chronicles 7:14, pastors lead their people in a time of repentance and prayer for our nation during their regular Sunday services. Whole congregations spend a few minutes on their knees in humility and reverence for God. Given the ominous challenges our nation faces, it is right for God's people to pause on the eve of Independence Day, and with repentant prayer, to seek God's face for our nation before we break out hot dogs and fireworks to celebrate the Fourth of July. Call2Fall is on Sunday, July 2nd, 2017.
This year, Call2Fall will converge with three spiritual and patriotic national initiatives: for details, go here.
. . . This year, Call2Fall and these historic initiatives converge on a single Sunday. But given the deterioration of our society into lawlessness and immorality (which is increasingly government sanctioned and even imposed), the growing threat of Islamist terrorism and the crises of rogue states wielding nuclear weapons, the decline of holiness and vital evangelism and discipleship in our churches, and so much more, every church in America should know about the convergence of these historic, patriotic Christian observances and observe them in church on Sunday, July 2nd, 2017.
. . . Have our nation and our churches forgotten what those delegates at the Constitutional Convention also forgot -- that only God can preserve and prosper our nation? We have not been so divided since the Civil War. Yet, the challenges we face demand a united effort. Pray for Call2Fall, Sunday July 2nd, 2017!
Lord, lead Your pastors and churches and move them to lead the way, to unite Your people in prayer on our knees. Lead families and individuals whose churches do not participate, to take time for personal reflection, repentance, and crying out to God for our troubled nation -- joining perhaps millions across America on our knees. May all who read this take part in Call2Fall. May this letter be forwarded to pastors and friends across America. As we humble ourselves and cry out to You, Lord, You promise to hear our cries, forgive our sins, and heal our land. Unite us in prayer on Sunday, July 2nd!
Verse to Decree:
"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord." (Acts 3:19)
For more scriptural references on the theme of REPENTANCE, please go here.
(Ex 33:7-11; 1 Sam 7:3-12; 7:5, 6; 2 Sam 6:14; 1 Chr 13-18; 2 Chr 3:31-33; 7:14; 15: 9-15; 20:1 ff; 29:5ff; 30:1 ff; 34-35; ) Ezra 6:16-22; Ezra 8:21-23; 9:5-15; 17-10; Neh 1-13; esp 8:1ff; Joel 1:1-2:27; Mt 23:37; Acts 3:19; Rev 2:1-3:22)
Prayers During Ramadan
Prayers During Ramadan: Part One
This year, Ramadan will continue until Sunday, June 25th.
A website titled "30 DAYS OF PRAYER" is now posted, with specific prayers offered each day for the Moslem people. When you visit this site, you will also see posted prayers offered on previous days if you need to "catch up" in this vital time of intercession for those who are being held captive by Islam.
To visit this website, go to:
or go here.
Prayers During Ramadan: Part Two
Another resource is also available now for targeted prayers for the Moslem population.
There is much valuable information here, too, so please do visit this site when you can this month. Thank you!
Ramadan Prayer Series - Focuses on Islam in the West
For the sixth year, Best Current News is publishing their thirty days of prayer for Ramadan series. Realizing that 65% of American Christians believe there are multiple paths to eternal life, this year's series has focused primarily on the differences between Christianity and Islam. Each day during Ramadan, the website publishes an infographic or short article about differing aspects of Islam, how it differs from Christianity, and its impact on the West. To view or receive the articles daily, go to http://www.bestcurrentnews.com/. You may also sign up to receive them in your email inbox. They are also on Facebook and Twitter under Best Current News.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, June 18, 2017 - Saturday, June 24, 2017
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
LOVE LIFTED ME
"He was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, 'Lord, save me!' Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and caught him. 'You of little faith,' He said, 'why did you doubt?'" (Matthew 14:29-31)
[Also recommended by Senate Chaplain Dr. Barry C. Black]
I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore,
Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more,
But the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry,
From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
Love lifted me! Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help
Love lifted me!
All my heart to Him I give, ever to Him I'll cling
In His blessèd presence live, ever His praises sing,
Love so mighty and so true, merits my soul's best songs,
Faithful, loving service too, to Him belongs.
Souls in danger look above, Jesus completely saves,
He will lift you by His love, out of the angry waves.
He's the Master of the sea, billows His will obey,
He your Savior wants to be, be saved today.
About the Author:
James Rowe, 1912 Music: Howard E. Smith
About the hymn:
Rowe and Smith wrote this song in Saugatuck, Connecticut. According to Rowe's daughter:
"Howard E. Smith was a little man whose hands were so knotted with arthritis that you would wonder how he could use them at all, much less play the piano . . . I can see them now, my father striding up and down humming a bar or two and Howard E. playing it and jotting it down."
Signs and Wonders
Recent Yellowstone Earthquakes "Special Attribute to End of Days",
A recent wave of hundreds of small tremors centered around Yellowstone raise fears of the threat of a supervolcano in the heartland of America, one that seismologists say is set to hit sooner rather than later. Several rabbis explain that this terrifying prediction may not be as terrifying as scientists think, since it is, after all, a prophesied stage in the Messianic process.
Yellowstone Park attracts thousands of tourists who come to witness God's creation, but the enormous crater, in all its beauty, is not only testimony to His creative majesty but to His destructive anger as well. Unlike the Grand Canyon, the product of 17 million years of patient aquatic erosion, the centerpiece of Yellowstone Park is a 40-mile wide caldera crater, the result of a sudden cataclysmic geologic explosion 630,000 years ago.
Recent seismic activity suggest this tranquil natural refuge may be ready to revert to its violent past.
Exactly one year ago, Yellowstone rumbled in its sleep, with three quakes ranging from 3.7 to 4.3 magnitude on the Richter scale. Last week Yellowstone rumbled again, but with greater intensity. On Thursday evening, a 4.5 magnitude earthquake shook the region, the epicenter approximately eight miles northeast of Western Yellowstone in Montana.
The next morning, three more quakes measuring 2.8 on the Richter scale hit in the same area. On Monday, a series of 30 more tremors shook the area. In total, there were over 200 quakes in four days.
Rabbi Yosef Berger, the rabbi of King David's Tomb on Mount Zion, noted that disasters, natural and manmade, seem to be striking faster and harder than in previous generations.
"Tsunamis, earthquakes, and forest fires are more catastrophic than ever, despite technology giving us the ability to cope with them better," Rabbi Berger told Breaking Israel News. "And now scientists tell us of threats we absolutely cannot protect us against, like a volcano that threatens the world."
The rabbi explained that volcanoes are explicitly mentioned by the prophets as playing a role in the end of days, preparing the world by burning away impurities as a crucible is used in metallurgy to purify metal. He cited Zechariah as a source for this.
And I will bring the third part through the fire and will refine them as silver is refined and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on My name and I will answer them; I will say: 'It is My people' and they shall say: 'Hashem is my God.' (Zechariah 13:9)
Rabbi Berger suggested a simple faith-based solution to cope with the threat.
"By strengthening the belief in all of creation being one, and bringing our will in line with the will of the Creator, we can bring nature back in line with the will of the one," Rabbi Berger said. "This is especially true in our generation, in the moments before the final redemption," said Rabbi Berger.
"This is a special attribute of the end of days," Rabbi Berger said. "The oneness of all of creation allows us to destroy and also to fix nature like never before."
"And Hashem shall be King over all the earth; in that day shall Hashem be One and His name one." (Zechariah 14:9)
(Breaking Israel News) Read more here.
The Good News Corner
Mom Throws Baby From 10th Floor of London's Burning Tower Yelling "Please Catch the Baby"-Seconds Later, the 'Miraculous' Happens
[Faithit.com] Tragedy struck the U.K. again [yesterday] morning as a fire engulfed the Grenfell Tower in London, leaving at least  dead, and dozens of others injured as the death toll continues to rise.
Horrific images of the blaze emerged on social media, showing flames consuming the massive 24-story, high-rise building.
The apartment building fire is speculated to have been caused by a faulty refrigerator in one of the flats just before 1:00 a.m. local time, though officials have not yet confirmed the source.
Residents frantically tried to escape the building, as groups of people and rescue squads gathered below.
More than 40 fire trucks and 250 firefighters were called to the scene.
From the ground, Samira Lamrani said she saw a woman who appeared to be on the ninth or 10th floor of the building. She was gesturing for someone below to catch her baby.
According to the witness the mom yelled, "I'm about to throw my baby. Please catch the baby!"
Seconds later, from her apartment window, the woman dropped the child from 100+ feet.
Amidst the horror and flames, a miracle happened.
A man, who was gathered with members of the public below, darted from the crowd and toward the building where he managed to catch the dropped baby and get it to safety.
Samira says the rescue was "miraculous."
Michael W. Smith - "Heart of Worship"
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]