Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, August 14, 2015
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose
under the heaven . . ." (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:11)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Briefing congressmen on Iran deal concerns, PM provides no 'Aha!' moment - Times of Israel
As the battle over the Iran nuclear agreement continues to rattle the American political establishment, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu this week hosted two delegations of US congressmen from both sides of the aisle.
During both meetings at his office in Jerusalem, Netanyahu argued strongly against the deal, but stopped short of explicitly calling on the legislators to vote against it in Congress next month. "He made his case very expansively without trying to pressure anyone how to vote," a source with intimate knowledge of the meetings told The Times of Israel. Still, according to a second source, he did assert that it was a "moral duty" to thwart the agreement. (Read more)
2. Israel is back on the map as Air France bows to pressure over in-flight screen - Jerusalem Post
The company responsible for providing passengers with electronic maps on Air France flights announced Wednesday that it had added Israel to its computerized flight path screens, after sparking outrage last week by omitting it.
The controversy began last week when a passenger on an Air France flight sent a photo to the Facebook page of the pro-Israel group Stand With Us showing an in-flight map that did not name Israel. (Read more)
3. Analysis: Turkey-Israel rapprochement not in the cards despite reports - Jerusalem Post
There have been recent reports of talks between Israel and Turkey aimed at normalizing relations, but a significant improvement in the relationship is unlikely as long as President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's Islamist AK Party remains in power.
In an interview with the Turkish daily Sabah, published on Sunday, Israel's chargé d'affaires in Turkey, Amira Oron, said that "with the current positive attitude, I think we will be able to normalize our relations.
"Both of our countries have to close the Mavi Marmara case in a proper way, which will suit the needs of both sides. Only then can we move on to the normalization process," Oron said. (Read more)
4. Leaked documents raise anger over Palestinian corruption - Israel Hayom
Documents leaked online detailing two attempts by Palestinian officials to misuse public funds have triggered outrage, highlighting the corruption and mismanagement critics say remains rampant in the Palestinian Authority government.
The furor over the documents comes as the Palestinian economy is stagnating and Palestinians grow increasingly displeased with government services. Palestinian Authority officials have defended their record on stamping out corruption, saying they have recovered millions of dollars in misspent funds.
A senior PA official, speaking on condition of anonymity as he was not allowed to discuss the leak, confirmed the documents' authenticity to The Associated Press. (Read more)
5. Israel would lift Gaza blockade for truce - report - Times of Israel
A leading Arab daily reported on Thursday that Israel has agreed to "entirely" remove its blockade on the Gaza Strip and establish a naval passageway between the Hamas-controlled territory and Cyprus, in return for a long-term ceasefire lasting seven to 10 years.
Quoting "trusted Palestinian sources," the London-based al-Hayat said that the agreement was reached through indirect negotiations conducted by outgoing Quartet representative to the Middle East Tony Blair, a former British prime minister. According to the report, Israel has rejected a Qatari offer to fund a new Israeli airport in return for the reopening of an international airport in Gaza. (Read more)
6. In rare disclosure, IDF sets out its strategy, admits flawed response to Hamas, Hezbollah - Times of Israel
Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot on Thursday released the so-called "IDF Strategy," an unclassified document that sets out the army's overall goals and methods to achieve them.
Among the imperatives: safeguarding Israel's international status, correcting an inadequate response to terror groups, and fending off cyber attacks.
The release of the approximately 30-page document is virtually unprecedented, although certain elements of the IDF's strategy have - unsurprisingly - still been kept top secret. It appears to serve as a response to the demands the Israeli people and government have made of the IDF over the past ten years for greater transparency. (Read more)
7. One Wounded After Arabs Throw Rocks on Mount of Olives - Israel National News
A mob of Arabs threw rocks at Border Police officers stationed at the Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives on Wednesday night, wounding one of them lightly in the head. The officer was treated on-site by a police doctor.
Border police were forced to disperse the crowd using riot dispersal measures.
Minutes earlier, Arabs threw rocks at a bus carrying worshipers traveling to the site to commemorate Rabbi David Cohen, the "Nazirite," who is buried there. There were no casualties, but damage was caused to the bus.
"We, the Ministry of Jerusalem Affairs, have invested large funds to restore and bolster security on the Mount of Olives," Jerusalem Affairs Minister Ze'ev Elkin (Likud) stated to Arutz Sheva following the incidents. Elkin noted that the Ministry has boosted patrols in recent weeks and installed more cameras at the site. "We intend to continue to invest to develop the Mount of Olives and bring order to the broader public." (Read more)
8. UK's Labour heads to polls with anti-Israel MP favored as new leader - Times of Israel
Britain's main opposition Labour party starts voting for a new leader Friday, with Jeremy Corbyn, a veteran socialist whose reported support for anti-Israel extremists has rankled many in the Jewish community, favored to win.
The 66-year-old only entered the race as a wildcard but has attracted surging grassroots support, prompting backers to adopt the slogan "Jez We Can" in an echo of Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign rallying call.
But Corbyn's policies are closer to Greece's hard-left Syriza than Obama. Many top Labour figures warn the party under him could not take power in a country where elections are typically won or lost on the center ground. (Read more)
9. Israel girds for fresh scorcher as heat wave bears down - Times of Israel
Israel was bracing for another heat wave next week, with temperatures expected to top 37° Celsius (99° Fahrenheit) in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv on Sunday.
The raging temperatures are to climb on Saturday, peak on Sunday, and continue for several days. Extremely hot weather is expected nationwide, including 44° in Tiberias (111°F), 42° in Beersheba (107°F), and 39° in Lod (°102F). (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Ben Carson: Planned Parenthood Trying to Control Black Population - Newsmax
Planned Parenthood sets up abortion clinics in black neighborhoods to "control that population," GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson said Wednesday. "I know who [Planned Parenthood founder] Margaret Sanger is," Carson said on Fox News Channel's "Your World with Neil Cavuto." "I know that she believed in eugenics and that she was not particularly enamored with black people."
Sanger's writings indicated that she viewed some races as inferior, though she worked with African-Americans in her projects. "Look and see what many people in Nazi Germany thought of her," Carson said. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we are all made in Your image, and all colors of skin are in You! You are not a white God nor a black God nor a brown God. You are God, and we are made in Your image. Thank You that Dr. Carson is drawing attention to the real agenda of Planned Parenthood's founder Margaret Sanger. We pray that Dr. Carson's message be heard throughout these United States whether or not he becomes President of the United States. We ask this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." (Genesis 1:27)
2. Board: Ohio judges can't choose marriage type they perform - CNSNews.com
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Judges who perform marriages in Ohio can't refuse to marry same-sex couples on personal or moral grounds or because of religious beliefs, according to a state judicial conduct board.
In addition, judges who stop performing all marriages to avoid marrying same-sex couples may be interpreted as biased and could be disqualified from any case where sexual orientation is an issue, according to an opinion by the Ohio Supreme Court's Board of Professional Conduct issued Friday and made public Monday.
The ruling followed a request for guidance from a Toledo judge who refused to perform a same-sex wedding last month. Municipal Judge C. Allen McConnell said he didn't marry a same-sex couple because of his religious beliefs after the U.S. Supreme Court made gay marriage legal in all 50 states in June. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we come before You and repent of allowing our Supreme Court to legalize sodomy. The Supreme Court has made people of faith to look like bigots and out of touch with society. This decision is stirring up a bee hive of problems for many Christians. Lord, we pray that You would endow our Congress with wisdom to pass legislation that does not cause Christians to participate in legalized sodomy unions. Ohio's Supreme Court's Board of Professional Conduct makes Christian judges look like they are incapable of judging wisely. This is bias and bigotry towards Chrisitans. We ask this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate, that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ." (I Timothy 6:11-14)
3. House Majority Leader McCarthy: Netanyahu 'not interfering' on Iran - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is advocating for his country's best interests when he opposes the Iran deal and has not interfered in Washington politics, Republican House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy told reporters in Jerusalem on Thursday. "I do not see where Benjamin Netanyahu was interfering with anything," said McCarthy, just one day after he and 35 other visiting Republican congressmen met with Netanyahu.
The prime minister held a similar meeting on Sunday with a visiting delegation of 24 Democratic congressmen. McCarthy said that his group's Wednesday conversation with Netanyahu lasted for 90 minutes. Netanyahu listened to the group and answered its questions, McCarthy said. (Read more)
- Abba Father, thank You that Prime Minister Netanyahu is advocating for Israel's best interests and the interests of all in this world who are in opposition to this agreement with Iran. Father, we pray that this agreement fails in Congress with a veto proof majority. President Obama's drive for a legacy at all costs is damming the world to a nuclear arms race all over again. We thank You that You are in control of all things and that what is happening in the world today is no surprise to You. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven." (Matt 6:10)
4. Ben Carson Op-Ed: White House employing ugly tactics to sell a rotten Iran deal - Jerusalem Post
With every passing day, opposition mounts against the woeful nuclear deal negotiated by the administration with the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism-the Islamic Republic of Iran. The White House is making a full court press to muster support for a bargain it sees as a key legacy issue for the president, but which serious Middle East scholars, military officials, legislators, diplomats, nonproliferation experts and a wide range of others view as a dangerous gamble that poses a serious threat to American national security.
The deal will enable $150 billion to flow into the coffers of a rogue regime that systematically abuses the human rights of its own citizens, foments violence in the Middle East, funds terrorist proxies who have killed hundreds of American soldiers and whose leaders decry the United States as the "Great Satan" and lead mass rallies featuring chants of "Death to America."
And let's not forget the American hostages who continue to suffer in captivity just as they did while talks proceeded apace and concluded with handshakes and smiles.
Viewed on its own merits, the deal is an abject failure that will leave Iran as a nuclear threshold state in just 10 years. The deal seeks to quickly roll back layers of sanctions that took decades to assemble and to dismantle a much-needed arms embargo on Tehran, thereby allowing the Iranians to proceed with efforts to amass sophisticated weaponry and develop intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of carrying conventional or nuclear warheads to our own shores. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that Dr. Ben Carson has spoken out so clearly about the disaster that this Iranian deal represents. A disaster and a danger, to our own people and to Israel. Lord God, we continue to lift up the members of Congress while they are in recess this month, that You would give each one no rest until he or she arrives at the firm decision to vote against this deal when they return to Washington next month. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity." (I Timothy 2:1,2)
5. THE RED-GREEN AXIS: Refugees, Immigration and the Agenda to Erase America - Center for Security Policy
One of the most insidious aspects of the stealthy, subversive activities the Muslim Brotherhood calls "civilization jihad" is the collaborative partnership with the hard Left that enables it. We call this partnership the "red - green axis" - the conjoining of the socialist/communist radicals and the Islamic supremacists that has made the latter's efforts in the West considerably more successful than would otherwise likely be the case. [You can download this ebook by going here.]
- Abba Father, weask that You protect us from jihadists infiltrators coming into this country legally through United Nations agreements. We pray that more in this nation would become aware of what is happening by the resettling of Muslim refugees throughout the United States. We ask that You would allow for our southern borders to be secured so that we can control illegal immigration from Central and South American countries. We ask this in Jesus Christ Holy Name, Amen.
- "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us." (I John 5:14)
6. Islamophobia or Ingratitude? - The American Thinker
The rate of Islamist Immigration has more than doubled since 9/11, with huge increases under the Obama regime.
While much of the discussion concerning illegal versus legal immigration centers on the action on our southern border, the immigration statistics and patterns of another group will also have a large impact on the future of America.
According to U.S. Census Data, the United States admits approximately 100,000 Muslim immigrants legally each year, representing the fastest growing bloc of legal immigration into the U.S. Unlike illegal immigrants, legal immigrants invited into the U.S. with green cards are granted automatic work permits, welfare access, and the potential to become voting citizens. (Read more)
- Abba Father, it is time for political correctness to be thrown out. Lord, we had a wake up call on 9/11, at Ft. Hood and now in Chattanooga. Religious Muslims leaving their countries are not coming here to become Americans, but to bring Sharia Law when their numbers reach a majority. Its not Islamophobia, but a reality check. Lord, we pray that Americans wake up to this reality and stop the politically correct rhetoric that is going to destroy this country. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." (John 8:31)
7. Hawaii sued for restricting voters by race, viewpoint - WND
'Who would believe . . . U.S. citizens are being denied access to the right to vote'
Officials with the Washington watchdog Judicial Watch said on Thursday the Obama White House has been criticized already for taking "executive action" toward the "reestablishment of a government-to-government relationship with the native Hawaiian community," whose members are citizens of the United States since the state was added to the nation in the 1950s.
But what's drawing the lawsuit is the plan to sort voters by race and perspective, and then only allow certain people to vote on the scheme for native Hawaiian "self-government."
"Who would believe that in this day and age U.S. citizens are being denied access to the right to vote explicitly because of their race and their points of view," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton in a prepared statement.
"Using a race-based enrollment list to help radicals in Hawaii tear the state apart and break away from the United States of America is a violation of the U.S. Constitution and basic federal voting rights law. And that Hawaiian officials would prevent you from voting if you don't sign up for their racial apartheid theories is an affront to the First Amendment. (Read more)
- Father God, in these days of increasing chaos, confusion, lawlessness and division, we turn to You, the Author and the Finisher of our faith, and we ask You to intervene in this election in Hawaii. Father, turn the hearts of those in authority in the State of Hawaii away from insanity and towards a sound mind. Let their decisions be based solely upon the law of the land and not upon a scheme cooked up by man. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "For this has been decreed by the messengers; it is commanded by the holy ones, so that everyone may know that the Most High rules over the kingdoms of the world." (Daniel 4:17)
8. Cruz demands Obama come clean on terrorist immigrants - WND
72 cases documented in last year as record wave of immigration continues
Despite the recent terrorist activity carried out by Muslim immigrants and children of Muslim immigrants, including the fatal shooting last month of five U.S. military servicemen in Chattanooga, presidential candidates have been unwilling to discuss the issue of legal immigration in general, much less Muslim immigration.
One candidate appears to at least have the issue on his radar screen, however.
Presidential contender Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, joined Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., in sending a letter to the Obama administration demanding answers to 15 questions that would tie the recent spate of terrorist attacks to the nation's immigration deluge. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that Senator Ted Cruz is "telling it like it is," and has joined Senator Jeff Sessions in demanding an answer from the White House regarding this crisis. Lord, we ask for a speedy resolution and an end to allowing terrorists into our nation as immigrants, and we ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
9. Heat wave heightens danger in an already epic summer of fire - LA Times
Northern winds that siphon moisture from the air. Flames that run rampant at night after aircraft have been grounded. Flying embers that spark more blazes. And now, rising temperatures are expected throughout the state. In a move that veteran fire officials say they have never seen before, the U.S. Forest Service has pulled firefighters from all 50 states and Puerto Rico to help. (Read more)
- Lord God, we continue to lift up this desperate situation before Your Throne of Grace. Send Your rain, O Lord we pray, send Your rain. Amen.
- "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
The Daily Jot
Never give in
On October 29, 1941, a year after one of the darkest hours of World War II for Great Britain, Prime Minister Winston Churchill addressed his alma mater Harrow School. Here emerged one of the most famous quotes (which oft has been misquoted): "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty-never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." This quote will hopefully embolden you, encourage you, strengthen you as it did to Brits and their allies as they fought one of the gravest evils to darken the steps of mankind. We have a similar fight ahead.
We are repeatedly instructed by God's word to overcome evil with good. There is so much evil in our society and around the world. Much of what we read, see and hear seems to be surreal in that it is glorifying the evil and calling the good evil. My wife and I were watching a television program the other night and just the advertisements coming on the screen were so dark. They depict crime, murder, horror, death, destruction, sex, homosexuality, infidelity, rebellion, covetousness, and worse. We remarked to each other almost at the same time how dark prime time television has become. Much of these things are glorified through some sort of twisted sense of justice or even humor.
There is a moral war that is being conducted against that which is good. It has its roots in satan. But satan has no power unless people give him legal entry--which much of society has. We need to guard our hearts. We need to protect our families. We need to stand in the gap as examples and not yield to this 21st Century brand of morality. When these examples of evil come before us, we should point them out. Use them to educate others about discernment and right thinking. We need to be proactive with ourselves to ensure that satan's battlefield, our minds, are focused on the good thoughts of God. We need to be leaders for what is right and good in our families and with our friends.
We must be willing to stand. We must not give in. Psalm 94:16-17 says, "Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence." Let us be silent no more. Let us be louder than those who usurp the will of the people and are drunk on their own power. As Ephesians 6:12-13 says, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Never give in.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Faith Under Fire
Faith Under Fire
The battle to defend religious liberty is erupting once again as the demands of the radical left conflict with religious liberty. Fox News reports that a chaplain with more than a decade of experience in prison ministry has had his credentials revoked by the Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice. Of all places, my home state of Kentucky!
What did this chaplain do wrong? Embezzle funds from the prison? Assault a guard? No.
He refused to sign a statement demanding that he not address homosexual behavior as immoral. For Chaplain David Wells such state censorship was a bridge too far.
We have warned over and over that the left is threatening religious liberty. We are told that pastors will never be silenced because they are protected by the First Amendment. Really?
Tell that to the pastors in Houston, Texas. Tell that to Chaplain Wes Modder. Tell that to Chaplain Wells.
Candidates courting values voters must boldly defend religious liberty and the Republican-led Congress must act on this issue. The radical left's intolerance for the values of tens of millions of Americans must be exposed and resisted.
Please share this message with like-minded friends and family. Make sure they understand what we are up against. And stand with us in the fight for faith, family and freedom. (Gary Bauer)
Veterans Ad Gets BIG Boost
Veterans Ad Gets BIG Boost
Earlier this week we told you about an extremely powerful ad opposing President Obama's nuclear deal with Iran. The ad features Staff Sergeant Robert Bartlett, an American hero who was wounded by an Iranian IED in 2005. Sergeant Bartlett warns politicians who support this deal with Iran that they "will have blood on their hands."
I believe the ad could be a game changer in this debate. If you haven't seen it yet, watch it here and be certain to share it with friends and family members. The ad is so effective that an organization led by a bi-partisan group of former senators -- Evan Bayh (D-IN), Saxby Chambliss (R-GA), Norm Coleman (R-MN) and Joe Lieberman (D-CT) -- is committing more than $6 million to run the ad in nine states.
The American people know this is a bad deal. These former senators know this is a bad deal. If more current members of Congress don't understand that, they don't deserve to be in office. (Gary Bauer)
Thought for the Day
Thought for the Day:
"And I will remember my covenant." (Genesis 9:15)
Mark the form of the promise. God does not say, "And when ye shall look upon the bow, and ye shall remember my covenant, then I will not destroy the earth," but it is gloriously put, not upon our memory, which is fickle and frail, but upon God's memory, which is infinite and immutable. "The bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant." Oh! it is not my remembering God, it is God's remembering me which is the ground of my safety; it is not my laying hold of his covenant, but his covenant's laying hold on me. Glory be to God! the whole of the bulwarks of salvation are secured by divine power, and even the minor towers, which we may imagine might have been left to man, are guarded by almighty strength.
Even the remembrance of the covenant is not left to our memories, for we might forget, but our Lord cannot forget the saints whom he has graven on the palms of his hands. It is with us as with Israel in Egypt; the blood was upon the lintel and the two side-posts, but the Lord did not say, "When you see the blood I will pass over you," but "When I see the blood I will pass over you." My looking to Jesus brings me joy and peace, but it is God's looking to Jesus which secures my salvation and that of all his elect, since it is impossible for our God to look at Christ, our bleeding Surety, and then to be angry with us for sins already punished in him. No, it is not left with us even to be saved by remembering the covenant. There is no linsey-wolsey here-not a single thread of the creature mars the fabric. It is not of man, neither by man, but of the Lord alone. We should remember the covenant, and we shall do it, through divine grace; but the hinge of our safety does not hang there-it is God's remembering us, not our remembering him; and hence the covenant is an everlasting covenant.
(By Charles Spurgeon)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
JESUS SHALL REIGN
"He will rule from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth." (Psalm 72:8)
Does his successive journeys run;
His kingdom stretch from shore to shore,
Till moons shall wax and wane no more.
Behold the islands with their kings,
And Europe her best tribute brings;
From north to south the princes meet,
To pay their homage at His feet.
There Persia, glorious to behold,
There India shines in eastern gold;
And barb'rous nations at His word
Submit, and bow, and own their Lord.
To Him shall endless prayer be made,
And praises throng to crown His head;
His Name like sweet perfume shall rise
With every morning sacrifice.
> > > Please note: The full version of this ancient hymn includes 14 stanzas. To see all these awesome lyrics, please go here.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Isaac Watts, 1719
Music: John Hatton, 1793
About the Hymn:
G. J. Stevenson's Notes on the Methodist Hymn Book relates:
Perhaps one of the most interesting occasions on which this hymn was used was that on which King George, the sable, of the South Sea Islands, but of blessed memory, gave a new constitution to his people, exchanging a heathen for a Christian form of government. Under the spreading branches of the banyan trees sat some thousand natives from Tonga, Fiji, and Samoa, on Whitsunday, 1862, assembled for Divine worship. Foremost amongst them all sat King George himself. Around him were seated old chiefs and warriors who had shared with him the dangers and fortunes of many a battle-men whose eyes were dim, and whose powerful frames were bowed down with the weight of years. But old and young alike rejoiced together in the joys of that day, their faces most of them radiant with Christian joy, love, and hope. It would be impossible to describe the deep feeling manifested when the solemn service began, by the entire audience singing Dr. Watts' hymn . . .
Who so much as they could realize the full meaning of the poet's words? For they had been rescued from the darkness of heathenism and cannibalism and they were that day met for the first time under a Christian constitution, under a Christian king, and with Christ Himself reigning in the hearts of most of those present. That was indeed Christ's kingdom set up in the earth.
Signs and Wonders
Hand of God:
Meteor Strikes Iran in Apparent Divine Judgement
"Now God caused sulfur and fire to rain down upon Sodom and Gomorrah, from God out of Heaven. He overturned these cities and the entire plain, with all the inhabitants of the cities and the vegetation of the soil." (Genesis 19:23-25)
A recent meteor strike in Iran has many interpreting the astrological event as an expression of God's will and a sign of future things to come against a country that has vowed to "wipe Israel off the map" despite the signing of a nuclear deal with world powers.
Iranian officials have confirmed that a significant meteor struck Avaj, a province of Qazvin, on July 31, with pieces of the large rock also hitting areas in Eshtahard, Alborz Province. Major damage in the area, located near the capital of Tehran, was confirmed in Iranian media by Mohammad Ali Ahani, director of the Qazvin Crisis Management Staff. Officials are still investigating.
Extreme natural events around the world, including a recent earthquake that struck the Dead Sea in Israel, has many turning to Biblical prophecy to interpret the expression of God's will. The meteor strike in Iran comes at the same time as an unprecedented "heat dome" hits the country, with apocalyptic-like near world record temperatures of 165℉.
According to Jewish tradition and mystical teachings, God has several different names, with each name corresponding to a certain trait. In the Book of Genesis, the name of God, Elohim, refers to God manifesting himself through nature and is also connected to the aspect of judgment, known in Hebrew as Gevura. Awesome natural events, while sometimes devastating in their capacity, remind us of His divine plan.
In attempting to understand God's will, natural events are frequently interpreted as part of His larger plan. In one example, the Bible explains that Sodom and Gomorrah are destroyed after being judged unfavorably (Genesis 19). The destruction of the evil cities, carried out by a natural disaster, is sometimes interpreted as having been struck by a meteor, with sulfur raining down from the heavens.
In the Koran, the account of the destruction of Sodom is of baked clay stones raining down on the city, killing all but an old man whose wife remained behind.
It is interesting to note that the Iranians themselves have interpreted the recent meteor strike as a sign of the imminent arrival of their Messiah. In Islam, the concept of the Mahdi, the Prophet Mohammed's successor, will bring peace and justice to the world.
The Islamic book "Asr al Zahoor" (The Age of Appearance) describes a prophecy in which a meteorite will rise in the East before the arrival of the Mahdi. According to Islamic prophecy, his arrival will be accompanied by "a star with a luminous tail" and "a comet that will appear in the east, giving out an illumination." According to reports out of Iran, many believe that the recent meteorite is the fulfillment of this prophecy. (Breaking Christian News) Read more
> > > By the Grace of God, CHPP broke this news first on the Daily Brief on Monday, August 2, asking for prayers of agreement, below. Thank you for praying then, and thank you for praying now, in Jesus' mighty name, amen and amen.
- Lord God, let Your judgment begin to fall upon the wicked who now rule the nation of ancient Persia. We thank You that no lives were lost in this incident, but we ask that this event would strike fear into the hearts of the ayatollahs and the leaders of Iran's government. May they repent . . . may their eyes be opened . . . that our Great God Jehovah -- the God of ISRAEL -- is watching their every move. May they be delivered from the lies of Islam into Your glorious Kingdom. We ask this prayer in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars." (Luke 21:25a)
The Good News Corner
ISIS Releases 22 Assyrian Christians Captured in February, But Hundreds More Still Held
(Syria)-[ANS] The self-styled Islamic State (IS) terror group, has released 22 Assyrians that it captured on February 23 when it attacked the 35 Assyrian villages on the Khabur river in the Hasaka province.
According to the Assyrian International News Agency (AINA), Islamic State, also known as ISIS, captured 253 in the initial attack and drove 3,000 Assyrians from their villages. Most have not returned.
The 22 Assyrians who were released, 14 of them women, were from the villages of Tal Shamiram and Tal Jazira. The number of Assyrians still being held is now 205.
IS released Assyrians on the following dates:
* August 11: 22 released
* June 16: Francois Sawa released
* May 26: two elderly women released, Ramziyya Rehana (80) from Tel Jazira and Yoniyya Kanoon (70) from Tel Shamiran
* March 3: Two Assyrians from Tel Shamiram were released, Yatroun Marko and his wife Wardiyya Yonan. Two Assyrians from Tel Goran were released, 6 year-old Mariana Mirza and her father's aunt, Bobo Mirza.
* March 1: 19 Assyrians Released, all from the village of Tel Goran
"Negotiations to release the captives have been ongoing between the Assyrian Church of the East and IS, who have demanded $100,000 for each hostage. According to observers, negotiations are ongoing for the release of the remaining hostages," said AINA.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Come Alive" (Dry Bones) - Lauren Daigle
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.