A reminder: A Call to Read Isaiah 11:9 for two minutes tomorrow morning (Friday) at 6:18 a.m. EDT. Go here for details.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, March 19, 2015
"The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come." (Joel 2:31)
The Daily Brief
1. 'A partner we cannot trust': Lawmakers skeptical as draft Iran deal surfaces - Fox News
A deal being worked out in Geneva between Tehran and six world powers reportedly would ease sanctions that have crippled Iran's economy for years, while also allowing the Islamic Republic to continue to enrich uranium, drawing concern from lawmakers, who say it shows 'the risks of negotiating with a partner we cannot trust.' (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that this Congress sees the danger in this trumped up "deal," and is warning of the dangers of entering into an agreement with a nation that has called the United States its enemy. We ask that this deal collapse under the full weight of Your judgment, and that our people, and the people of Israel, be kept safe from harm in the days ahead.
- "The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." (Proverbs 22:3)
2. New rift opens between Obama, Netanyahu after election victory - Fox News
After staying mum on Israeli issues in the run-up to the election, the White House on Wednesday broke its silence -- answering Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's victory with fresh criticism and making clear that a new rift has opened between U.S. and Israeli leaders, this time over Palestinian statehood. (Read more)
- Lord, this temper tantrum on the part of our Muslim president is threatening the security, not only of Israel but of America as well. We ask Your mercy over both, and your justice for Obama and his actions.
- "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you . . ." (Genesis 12:3a)
3. Obama may agree to UN resolution on '67 borders after Netanyahu campaign rhetoric - Jerusalem Post
In the wake of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's resounding victory in Tuesday's election, the White House has expressed severe concern regarding the Likud leader's campaign rhetoric and noted turnaround against the establishment of a Palestinian state.
According to several administration officials, the Obama administration is now seriously considering agreeing to the passage of a United Nations Security Council resolution "embodying the principles of a two-state solution that would include Israel's 1967 borders with Palestine and mutually agreed swaps of territory," according to The New York Times. (Read more)
- Our majestic Heavenly Father and Sovereign Ruler of the universe, our hearts are truly grieved at the thought of even the possibility of not supporting Israel in the U.N. We ask you to please put a barrier against such an action occurring! Please hold back the one in the position of the highest office in the USA from pursuing vengeance, for we know that Your word says that vengeance belongs to You. Please guide and direct him in the only true definition of power and freedom - Your definition. Please draw him to you by Your Spirit, so he can finally understand what true freedom and peace really are. . . Finally, our gracious Heavenly Father, we ask that you do not hold us accountable for the foolish decisions of the past or future, of those occupying leadership roles. We ask all of this in the name that is above all names, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen and amen.
- "Prudence is a fountain of life to the prudent, but folly brings punishment to fools," (Pr. 16:22 NIV) For we know Him who said "Vengeance is mine, I will repay . . ." (Heb.10:30/Deut.32:35 NASB)
4. White House surveillance tapes may have been destroyed, Secret Service says - Fox news
Surveillance videos taken on the night two Secret Service agents ran through a police scene after attending a party earlier this month may have been destroyed, Congressional sources told Fox News on Wednesday.
The disclosure comes as lawmakers on Capitol Hill have questioned the agency's leadership in the wake of the March 4 incident, in which the agents were returning from a party for a departing spokesman, and drove into the scene of an active suspicious package investigation. (The package turned out to be a book.) read more
- Lord we ask that you move on the Secret Service and all who surround them to remove the corruption and sin from their ranks.
- "And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God." (Romans 6:13)
5. U.S. Presbyterian Church approves same-sex marriage amendment -Yahoo news
The U.S. Presbyterian Church on Tuesday approved a change in the wording of its constitution to include same-sex marriage, a move which threatens to further splinter one of the largest U.S. mainline Protestant denominations. (Read more)
- Lord, we are saddened by this obvious breach of Your Word in this denomination. Political correctness is not God-correctness. We ask for Your truth to find a way into the hearts of the Presbyterian church. Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. In Jesus' name, Amen and amen.
- "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness." (Romans 1:18)
6. French parliament passes 'deep sleep' bill for end of life - Yahoo news
France's lower house of parliament passed a bill on Tuesday allowing patients near the end of their lives to stop medical treatment and request deep sedation until they die, a move that critics say is effectively a form of euthanasia. (Read more)
- Father, let Your mercy be present for all who are suffering at the end of their lives, but let mankind not take their fate into its own hands.
- "Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne . . ." (Psalm 89:14a)
7. Police ID suspect in Mesa rampage that killed 1, wounded 5 - Fox News
Police identified late Wednesday the ex-convict who was arrested in connection with a shooting rampage that left one person dead and five others wounded in Mesa, Ariz.
Ryan Giroux, a 41-year-old ex-convict who has served three stints in state prison since 1994, was taken into custody early Wednesday afternoon, police said. (Read more)
- Lord we do not know the motive for this tragedy, but we pray Your comfort for the families involved, and justice to come to this man who was apparently identifying with the white supremacists.
- "The fear of the Lord leads to life . . ." (Proverbs 19:23a)
8. Russia: North Korean leader to visit Moscow for Victory Day - Associated Press
The leader of North Korea is among 26 world leaders who have accepted invitations to Moscow to take part in celebrations marking the 70th anniversary of the Soviet Union's victory over Nazi Germany, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Tuesday. North Korea hasn't officially commented. It would be Kim Jong Un's first foreign trip since taking power three years ago.
The highlight of the May 9 celebrations will be a military parade on the Red Square overseen by President Vladimir Putin, an annual event that will be expanded this year to include 15,000 troops, cadets and Cossacks, according to Russia's defense minister. (Read more)
- Lord God, as we witness this report, we recall the recent words of P.M. Netanyahu: "The enemy of my enemy . . . is my enemy." Father, neither one of these nations are friends of America, and to see them begin to join forces raises an alarm bell in our spirits. We ask, O God, that You intervene in this burgeoning alliance, and cause these enemies to be separated one from the other. We pray for all believers in both Russia and in North Korea, who are living under conditions of often severe persecution. Come, Lord Jesus, we pray. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "This is the confidence which we have [l]before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." (1 John 5:14)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Arab League head unfazed by Netanyahu's 'no to Palestine' remark- Times of Israel
Arab League chief Nabil Elaraby dismissed Wednesday as electioneering Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's vow to rule out a Palestinian state if reelected, saying there would be global pressure for a peace deal.(Read more)
2. In wake of elections, Palestinians vow to step up ICC activity - Times of Israel
The chief Palestinian negotiator expects Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to form the next Israeli government and has declared that the Palestinians in turn will push forward with diplomatic efforts at the International Criminal Court. (Read more)
3. Abbas: Two-state solution impossible under Netanyahu's rule - Jerusalem Post
A day after the Likud party secured a sweeping election win, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas charged Thursday that achieving a two-state solution would be impossible with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu leading the Israeli government, AFP reported.
The PA president lambasted the premier after he appeared to walk back his support for a Palestinian state ahead of the Israeli election.
Netanyahu's statements against a two-state solution and against a Palestinian state... are proof, if correct, that there is no seriousness in the (future) Israeli government about a political solution," AFP quoted Abbas as saying. (Read more)
4. "US May 'Dump' Israel at UN, International Forums" - POLITICO
The United States is seriously considering "dumping" Israel as an ally, at least in international institutions such as the United Nations, according to sources quoted on the Politico web site.
Taken aback by Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's victory in Tuesday's elections, officials in President Barack Obama's administration are focusing on Netanyahu's recanting of his Bar Ilan speech, in which he expressed support for the two-state solution.
"The positions taken by the prime minister in the last days of the campaign have raised very significant substantive questions that go far beyond just optics," a senior American official was quoted by Politico as saying."We are signaling that if the Israeli government's position is no longer to pursue a Palestinian state, we're going to have to broaden the spectrum of options we pursue going forward." With foreign aide for Israel controlled by a friendly Congress, it's unlikely that the U.S. would cut assistance for Israel.
However, foreign policy regarding international institutions is in the purview of the State Department, which is far less amenable to Israel than the Republican-controlled House and Senate, the report said. The administration could express its dissatisfaction with the democratic choice of the Israeli people, for example, by failing to veto an anti-Israel UN Security Council resolution. (Read more)
5. France hopes for new peace talks after Israel vote - Times Of Israel
France on Wednesday called for a relaunch of the Middle East process based on a two-state solution, after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu won a closely-fought election on Tuesday.
"Only the creation of viable sovereign Palestinian state. . . will ensure peace and prosperity in the Middle East," French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said in a statement, calling for negotiations to resume to achieve "a comprehensive and lasting peace accord." (Read more)
The Daily Jot
White House threatens US-Israeli relations, no congrats
White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters Wednesday that the "president" did not congratulate Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for his decisive election victory--not this time, nor the time before. Earnest said, "The President at this point has not telephoned Prime Minister Netanyahu...Just as a relevant piece of recent historical context is that there have been two Israeli elections during the [this] administration. In both situations, in the aftermath of both elections, the President did not telephone Prime Minister Netanyahu until he'd already been directed by the Israeli President to begin the process of forming a coalition government." Telephoning is not necessarily congratulating.
Earnest said that Secretary of State John Kerry telephoned Netanyahu to congratulate him. The signal sent by having Kerry congratulate Netanyahu is that Netanyahu is not worthy of a US president's attention in the matter. This coincides with reports that the "president" walked out of a meeting with Netanyahu to make him think about the error of his ways while the "president" had dinner with his wife in March 2010. While there are various accounts of this report, the "president" demonstrated his disappointment in Netanyahu by not taking a joint picture for the media during that visit. There have been many other reports of the "president" slighting Netanyahu.
Moreover, Earnest said, "There's one other thing that I anticipated might come up that I just did want to mention as it relates to the Israeli elections. Specifically, there has been a lot of coverage in the media about some of the rhetoric that emerged yesterday that was propagated by the Likud Party to encourage turnout of their supporters that sought to, frankly, marginalize Arab-Israeli citizens. The United States and this administration is deeply concerned by divisive rhetoric that seeks to marginalize Arab-Israeli citizens. It undermines the values and democratic ideals that have been important to our democracy and an important part of what binds the United States and Israel together."
The US "president" and his minions can claim "its just politics" when they stir riots with their hate speech and support the Black Panthers in preventing whites from voting, but when it comes to Netanyahu encouraging Israelis rather than Arabs/Muslims to vote, it threatens the ideals that "binds the United States and Israel together." Earnest said that despite Netanyahu's promise of no Palestinian state, the US knows such a state is in the best interest of the Israeli people--talk about threatening democratic ideals. Of this Administration, it seems Isaiah 59:7 applies: "Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood, their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Surprise! Bedouins Vote for Likud!
Bedouin Village Gave 76% Of Its Votes To Netanyahu
Residents of the Bedouin village Arab al Na'im in northern Israel were not surprised Wednesday to discover that more than 76 percent of them had voted for the Likud party. The United Arab List received only about 15 percent of the village's votes, Ma'ariv reported.
Why did these Bedouin villagers vote en masse for Netanyahu's party?
Village Clerk Nimer Naim told Ma'riv: "The truth is it's surprising to us as well, but it turns out each one of us voted their hearts. It was a free election."
"This settlement was always discriminated against, and no one would recognize us as an official settlement. All the governments discriminated against us, while recognizing smaller communities. Bibi Netanyahu himself and the Likud government finally recognized us," Naim explained.
"In our heritage, we remember the good things a person did for us, and that explains this unusual vote."
The Bedouin village of Arab al Naim located near the community of Eshkhar, south of the city of Karmiel. It has approximately 100 families comprising 650 people. The village was recognized as a listed settlement by Netanyahu's first-term Government in January 1999. Eleven years later, in January 2010, under Netanyahu's second government, the regional housing planning commission approved the master plan for the settlement.
Arab al Naim is the last of the six Bedouin villages in the area to be recognized by the state.
So far, despite their official upgrade, the village is still not connected to Israel's road, electricity and sewer systems, and its meager public services-two kindergartens, a youth club, a pediatric clinic and a general medical clinic all operate in mobile structures.
But Naim says that over the last two years there has been a kind of revolution in Arab al Naim: "Today we already have 800 meters of a paved major artery, the streets have been paved, and there's construction of more than 80 permanent housing units the residents here are building.
"It's a real revolution," he adds. "We issued a tender for a sewer system, and this week the contractor is starting to work on laying a sewer line. In a few months we will have a sewer and electricity, and we are satisfied."
The overall cost of upgrading the village is estimated at $17 million.
(The Jewish Press) Read more.
- Father God, we lift up the precious residents of this Bedouin village before Your Throne of Grace, and we ask that provision yet be made for the simple necessities they have requested. Lord, You promise to bless those who bless Israel, so we ask this prayer on their behalf because You are a covenant-keeping God, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed." (Gen. 12:3)
The Good News Corner
Historic: First Christian Channel is Broadcast on Turkish Satellite Bringing Christ into the Homes of Millions
"We are overwhelmed and truly believe it is a miracle that we can finally broadcast on Türksat. We have hoped, dreamed and prayerfully anticipated this launch since the station began airing on SAT-7 ARABIC in 2006. It is really a miracle, and we are very thankful to God for what He has been doing." -Melih Ekener
(Nicosea, Cyprus)-In a historic and unprecedented move, satellite television station SAT-7 TÜRK has begun broadcasting as the first Christian channel on the Turkish government-regulated satellite Türksat 4A, reaching more than 50 million viewers in Turkey, Europe and Central Asia.
Until now, SAT-7 TÜRK has only shared satellite time on other SAT-7 channels and streamed 24/7 on the Internet, reaching a limited audience. Because the government-regulated Türksat 4A is the most popular satellite with the largest audience in Turkey, SAT-7 TÜRK can now reach millions of viewers in Turkey and Turkish-speaking viewers outside the country.
Turkey ranks second among nations with the most satellite receivers.
"We are overwhelmed and truly believe it is a miracle that we can finally broadcast on Türksat," said Melih Ekener, executive director of SAT-7 TÜRK. "We have hoped, dreamed and prayerfully anticipated this launch since the station began airing on SAT-7 ARABIC in 2006. It is really a miracle, and we are very thankful to God for what He has been doing."
There are only about 150,000 Christians in Turkey, and a television channel that is produced by local Believers, serves their own communities and airs programs about the significant Christian heritage of the country will help reach others for Christ.
SAT-7 TÜRK produces drama, documentaries, music, worship, children's, women's and youth programs and, more recently, live shows. The staff produced 360 hours of new programming in 2014 and is expected to increase that dramatically this year.
The new broadcasts would not have been possible a decade ago.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
HE LEADETH ME
"He leadeth me beside still waters, He restoreth my soul." (Psalm 23:1-3)
He leadeth me, O blessèd thought!
O words with heav'nly comfort fraught!
Whate'er I do, where'er I be
Still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.
He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me. (Continue here . . )
About the Author:
Words: Joseph H. Gilmore, 1862.
William B. Bradbury, 1864
To learn more about the history of this hymn, please go here.
Signs and Wonders
Summary of This Week's Prophetic Events
in Alignment with Signs in the Heavens
(Posted on Monday, March 16)
1. Please pray for Bibi to win Jewish election on Tues. March 17th as results will be profoundly prophetic for the world. 2. Our Creator's omen on March 20th is warning us of judgement to the nations that have defied Israel. The Total Solar Eclipse coming this Friday will only be seen over Europe, and you guessed it, Jerusalem and all of Israel (and the Middle East). Just look at all the entourage of Heavenly SIGNS our Almighty God will have accompanying the long legs of this eclipse:
a) On that exact day will arrive a Supermoon-new moon.
b) That day, March 20th is Nisan 1, the beginning of the Lord's Biblical New Year (January 1 New Year for us).
c) It will arrive exactly above the North Pole . . . never has a Solar Eclipse done that before -- sitting atop the earth (NASA).
d) That exact day will be the spring equinox.
e) Just as the prophetic election is 3 days prior, 3 days after this eclipse, March 23rd is the demonic Iran deal.
f) Next week Satan has world "secular" scientists restarting Hadron Super Collider to "refresh" the world that the Big Bang theory is alive and well.
g) Also, the exact midpoint of this 7th of 7 Shemitahs just happens to be on March 20th.
h) Also, March 20th happens to be the United Nations "International Day of Happiness!"
i) Best for last, you just gotta read Amos 8:9, as I purposefully left the words out of this scripture so you can see for yourself-FYI this prophetic eclipse hits Jerusalem at 12:18 p.m., which means 6:18 a.m. EST. or New York time.
(Source: Blood Moons Coming/blog)
Read more here.
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Mike Coffman (CO)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Here I Am To Worship"- Chris Tomlin
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!