Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, January 5, 2015
"Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." (Isaiah 43:19)
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:11)
The Daily Brief
1. US Debt Soars By $100 Billion On Last Day Of 2014, Hits Record $18.14 Trillion - Zerohedge.com
It seems like it was only yesterday when we reported that, in yet another sleight of hand for the US Treasury and Social Security Administration, US debt rose by $32 billion on the last day of November sending total US debt above $18 trillion for the first time ever. As we further noted, it also meant "that total US debt has increased by 70% under Obama, from $10.625 trillion on January 21, 2009 to $18.005 trillion most recently." Fast forward to today when we are happy to report that according to the US Treasury, America's debt-funded spending spree, while supposedly slowing down if looking at the declining monthly budget deficit report, never actually has.
As of the last day of 2014, total US debt soared by $98 billion in one day (driven again by Social Security debt surging on the last day of the month to a record $5.117 trillion), and closing off 2014 with a new all time high total of $18.141 trillion in Federal debt - an increase of $136 billion in the month of December and $790 billion for all of 2014. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask mercy from the consequences created by actions taken by our leadership which is driving our nation into impossible levels of debt. Help us, Father! We fall before Your throne and ask that our leadership be confronted with what they are doing by their choices to our nation. Mercy, Father, we pray, asking this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV)
2. Texas Rep. Gohmert to challenge Boehner for House speaker post - Fox News
Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert said Sunday that he will challenge House Speaker John Boehner for his post when Congress returns this week to Washington. Gohmert, among the House Republican caucus' most conservative members, made the announcement on "Fox and Friends," saying he decided to run after Rep. Ted Yoho, R-Fla., said Saturday that he would challenge Boehner for the chamber's top post.
"We have heard from a lot of Republicans that said, 'I would vote for somebody besides speaker Boehner.' But nobody will put their name out there," Gohmert said. "That changed yesterday with Ted Yoho." Gohmert also hinted that another House member will announce a challenge to Boehner on Sunday. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that various members in Congress understand that the voters of this nation feel betrayed and that they strongly desire an 'accountable' leadership. Father, direct this movement to place the man of Your choice in this leadership position so that our nation's debt level and balance of power processes can be restored. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "'Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you,' says the Lord." (Jeremiah 1: 8 NKJV)
3. New GOP Senate chairmen aim to undo Obama policies - Townhall.com
Republican senators poised to lead major committees when the GOP takes charge are intent on pushing back many of President Barack Obama's policies, setting up potential showdowns over environmental rules, financial regulations and national security. The all-GOP Congress - Republicans also have a commanding majority in the House - gives the powerful Senate committee heads a newfound opportunity to steer legislation and help shape the national debate.
With Republicans winning control of the Senate in the November election, all the committees will get new leaders, though all have been around for years. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask that if these actions are in Your will and plans for our country, that You will guide fully what these senators are seeking to do. Help us, Father, to restore balance to our national government processes based on Your will, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
"For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. When wisdom enters your heart, and knowledge is pleasant to your soul, discretion will preserve you; understanding will keep you, to deliver you from the way of evil, from the man who speaks perverse things." (Proverbs 2:6, 10-12 NKJV)
4. GOP focus for Congress: Cut deficit, don't stumble - Townhall.com
In the first Republican-dominated Congress to confront President Barack Obama, GOP leaders will focus on bolstering the economy and cutting the budget - and oh yes, avoiding self-inflicted calamities that make voters wonder if the party can govern competently. When the new Congress raises the curtain Tuesday, Republicans will run both the House and Senate for the first time in eight years. GOP leaders want to showcase their legislative priorities, mixing accomplishments with showdowns with Obama but shunning government shutdowns and other chaotic standoffs.
McConnell says the Senate's first bill would force construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline, which Republicans call a job creator but Obama and many Democrats say threatens the environment.
The House leads off with legislation letting small companies sidestep some requirements of Obama's prized health care overhaul by hiring veterans, followed by other measures weakening that law and pushing the Keystone pipeline. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that congressional members appear to be determined to create a national budget and to work on bringing down the national debt level and returning balance in all new laws and legislative changes. We ask You, Father, to direct their work and for You to shut down anything that is not in Your will and plans for this nation. We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all." (Psalm 34:19 NKJV)
5. Obama to travel across US to announce executive actions, preview State of the Union - Fox News
President Obama will travel across the country next week to announce a series of executive actions and legislative proposals on the economy and education that the White House say will serve as a preview to his upcoming State of the Union address.
Obama will go to Detroit on Wednesday to talk about the auto and manufacturing industry, followed by a stop in Phoenix on Thursday to announce plans for the housing sector. The trip concludes with a stop Friday in Tennessee with Vice President Biden to talk about administration plans for college and education.
"The proposals announced next week will be a mix of executive actions and legislative proposals," White House spokesman Eric Schultz said Saturday. "The president will act next week to lay out specific new actions and preview new policy proposals that will be included in his State of the Union address."
The strategy appears to be a departure from how Obama has in recent years traveled across America, in a campaign-style approach, after the address to garner support for his legislative agenda. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we seek Your help as this president plans to 'mandate' new laws which are not first developed, reviewed or handled by Congress. Lord, we are asking that actions of this kind, which bypass congressional participation, be stopped in the Name of Jesus and shut down. We ask this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect." (Psalm 33:10 NKJV)
6. Will The Hack-Attack Exec Order Obama Just Issued Punish Or Provoke North Korea? - Western Journalism
Despite the belief of a number of cyber-security experts that the FBI may be wrong to blame North Korea for the devastating hack attack on Sony, President Obama has hit the regime of Kim Jong-un with a series of new sanctions.
As Western Journalism reported earlier this week, a number of private web security experts have briefed the FBI on alternate theories as to who was behind the Sony attack. One such theory, put forward by a leading web watchdog firm, says it was an inside job not directly attributable to the North Korean government. North Korea has repeatedly denied responsibility for the IT assault, which revealed numerous Sony secrets and caused terrible release problems for the film The Interview.
But the Obama administration is now doubling down on the assertion that Pyongyang is behind the hack attack, with the president on Friday authorizing sanctions as retaliation against a number of parties. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we do not understand why President Obama is doing this, as increasingly it has been reported that the hack-attack did not originate from North Korea, but was an inside attack from within Sony itself. Incorrectly accusing North Korea and imposing sanctions is openly attempting to provoke North Korean leadership. We ask 'why', Lord? We ask You to rise up and stop these destructive actions, praying in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The violence of the wicked will destroy them, because they refuse to do justice." (Proverbs 21:7 NKJV)
7. Lindsey Graham: Iran Nuclear Push Is 'Biggest Threat to World' - Newsmax
One of Congress' most prominent foreign policy voices has expressed alarm that Iran is moving towards becoming a military nuclear power like its longtime ally North Korea.
In an interview published Friday by the Israeli media outlet Israel Hayom, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said he does not object to Iran having a nuclear energy program, but is "very concerned" about Tehran's uranium enrichment efforts becoming a path to atomic weapons capability.
Fifteen nations with nuclear power programs do not enrich uranium, Graham said.
That's why I want any deal to come before Congress for our vote and approval. I fear a North Korea outcome," he added.
The South Carolina Republican was referring to the last effort to regulate a rogue state's nuclear ambitions - the case of the communist regime in North Korea. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham is raising up serious concerns about the danger of letting Iran become like North Korea, a nation which wants nuclear power as a weapon as well as for nuclear power. Sen. Graham is asking that Congress be part of any agreements between our nation and the nation of Iran, basing this demand upon our national laws. We ask You, Father, to rise up and stop all agreements unless the Congress is allowed to be part of this process. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
8. 'Potentially deadly' cold slams parts of U.S.- CNN
Cold, cold and more cold.
That's what's on tap in terms of temperature for much of the United States early this week.
"We're looking at 50 million people in 24 states that are going to see some of the coldest weather over the next several days that we have seen in quite some time," CNN meteorologist Karen Maginnis said Sunday. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask for Your supernatural protection to rest upon all the millions who will be in the path of this cold snap in our nation this week. We ask for Your grace to fall upon all EMT personnel who may need to respond to emergencies in this bitter weather. We ask that You would move upon our people, sparing life and limb, and we ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
9. Record Number of North American Jews Emigrate to Israel - Newsmax
A record number of Jewish immigrants from North America arrived in Israel in 2014, the Jewish Agency for Israel and the Ministry of Immigrant Absorption reported, calling the wave a 10-year high, according to Ynetnews.
More than 3,700 Jews from the U.S. and Canada as well as 525 from the United Kingdom, moved to Israel over the last year, Ynet reported, citing a 7 percent increase in those arriving from North America and a 32 percent increase overall. About 20,000 immigrants arrived in 2013.
Last year also saw a first with immigrants from France topping the list of countries of origin with 7,000 in 2014. That figure is double the number from 2013, Ynet said of the "aliyah." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we rejoice at these statistics, which reflect the return of Your special people to the land You promised to them. Hallelujah Father!! May these movements of 'return' called 'aliyah' continue to rise in number. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "For all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever." (Genesis 13:15 NKJV)
10. Obama's 2015 gift for Israel and Mid East: Funding for a new Iraqi army - dominated by Iran's Rev Guards - DEBKAfile Exclusive Report
President Obama's New Year's gift to Israel and the Mid-East: a multibillion fund for restoring the Iraqi army as a division of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards (IRGC). Wednesday, the last day of 2014, two defense ministers, Iran's Brig. Gen. Hossein Dehqani and Iraq's Khallid al-Obeidi, signed a pact whereby Iran i.e. the Revolutionary Guards will "continue to train new Iraqi military units for replacing the army that crumbled under the onslaught launched by the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant since last June.
"We do not see any other option than cooperation and being on the same side as Iran to uproot the terrorists," said the Iraqi general.
The IRGC's Dep. Com, Brig. Gen. Hossein Salami, said this week that Iran was assembling from the Shiite militias fighting in Syria and Iraq "an army larger even than the Lebanese Hizballah." Obama's financial and military assistance for this army commits the US to forging a strong military bond with Tehran and helping make Iran the foremost Mid East military power.
- Lord God Almighty in Heaven! We have difficulty even believing this report, even though it comes from a very reliable source. We ask that this new Congress would act quickly to block these funds from being released. Lord God, we do not want our nation to strengthen the hand of Israel's enemy, Iran. Help us, Lord, we ask in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "In my distress I called upon the LORD, And cried to my God for help; He heard my voice out of His temple, And my cry for help before Him came into His ears." (Psalm 18:6)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Abbas signs Rome Statute, paving way for possible war crimes probe against Israel at ICC - Jerusalem Post
In response to failure of UN draft resolution PA leader signs to join International Criminal Court.
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday evening signed applications for Palestinian membership in 20 international organizations and treaties, including the International Criminal Court.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed to respond to the move, and the White House called the Palestinian decision "deeply troubling." Chief PLO negotiator Saeb Erekat announced that the applications to join the international organizations and treaties would go into effect in 90 days.
Referring to the decision to join the ICC, Abbas said, "We want to file a complaint [against Israel]. We are being attacked. Our lands are being attacked every day. Who are we going to complain to? The Security Council has let us down. There's an international organization and we're going to it to complain." (Read more)
- Father God, we humbly come before Your Throne, in the High Court of Heaven, and we decree that this petition which has been made by Mahmoud Abbas to gain membership in the International Criminal Court will be denied. We come against this scheme, which is designed to come against Your people, Israel, and we say "No more" - in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Devise a plan, but it will be thwarted; State a proposal, but it will not stand, For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
2. Israel said to weigh lawsuits against top Palestinian officials - Times of Israel
Israel is said to be considering filing war crime lawsuits in the US and beyond against top Palestinian officials
An Israeli official told Reuters on Saturday that Israel was "weighing the possibilities for large-scale prosecution in the United States and elsewhere" of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and other top officials, a day after the PA submitted documents to the United Nations to join the International Criminal Court.
The official added that Palestinian leaders "ought to fear legal steps" as a response to their move toward ICC membership. (Read more)
3. Israel Freezes $127M in Funds to the PA For ICC Bid - Israel National News
Israel froze the transfer of about half a billion shekels (127 million USD) to the Palestinian Authority (PA), a political source told Arutz Sheva Saturday night, in retaliation for the PA's official request to join the International Criminal Court (ICC).
He said the decision was made Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's orders and constitutes the Israeli response to the PA's unilateral moves.
"The funds for the month of December were to be transferred Friday, but the government decided to freeze [the transfer] as part of the response to the Palestinian move," the official said. (Read more)
4. With Israel 'war crimes' gambit, PA risks loss of US funding - Times of Israel
WASHINGTON - In initiating a war crimes probe against Israel with the International Criminal Court, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas may fall afoul of US legislation that would mandate defunding the PA. The US funds the PA to the tune of some $400 million per year.
An unidentified Palestinian source claimed that Abbas signed a request Thursday asking the ICC to investigate war crimes allegedly "committed in Palestine" since the summer. This action may tip the scales in Washington, where there is already bipartisan frustration with Abbas's decision to put a Palestinian statehood resolution before the United Nations Security Council on Tuesday, and, after the resolution was defeated, to sign on to the ICC on Wednesday.
Even if Abbas's ICC investigation gambit does not play out - and Palestine's route ahead at the ICC is strewn with legal obstacles - it is viewed by many leaders of the incoming Republican-controlled Congress as the latest justification to reexamine the PA's American funding. (Read more)
See also: Israel will ask Congress to stop US aid to Palestinians (Go here)
5. PA to Submit Request to Join Interpol - Israel National News
The Palestinian Authority (PA) has decided to join the International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol), an official told the Ma'an news agency on Saturday.
The head of the international relations and cooperation department in the Palestinian Authority Ministry of Interior told Ma'an that the PA plans to submit a request to join the group in 2015, ahead of Interpol's annual meeting.
Ahmad al-Rabie said that the PA submitted a request to join the Interpol in 2011 but that it was only accepted as an observer and not as a full member because it had not been recognized as a state at the time and did not have control over its borders.
This time, however, the PA is sure that 128 countries will vote in favor of the state joining Interpol, four above the required threshold, al-Rabie told Ma'an. (Read more)
- Father God, once again we humbly come before Your Throne of Grace and decree from the Courts of Heaven that this request, too, will be denied. We decree this in Your name, amen and amen.
- "Devise a plan, but it will be thwarted; State a proposal, but it will not stand, For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
6. Ahmed Tibi ascends Temple Mount waving Palestinian flag - Jerusalem Online
Israeli-Palestinian MK says the Temple Mount is a place of Moslem worship
MK Ahmed Tibi (UAL-United Arab List) and a group of supporters today ascended the Temple Mount, celebrating the birthday of the Prophet Mohammed.
He said that Al Quds (The Holy - the Arab name of Jerusalem) was the legal capital of Palestine, and that Al-Aktza was the city's focal place of worship for Muslims. He called for authorities to ban attempts by Jews to pray on the Temple Mount. (Read more)
7. Tehran May Gain a foothold in the Gaza Strip - DebkaFile Exclusive Report
Hamas' political leader Khaled Meshaal, having found sanctuary in Doha from Damascus, is again being hounded from pillar to post.
DEBKAfile: A deal struck this week between Egypt and Qatar could force the Hamas leader to take up residence in the Iranian capital. This would afford Tehran a foothold in the Gaza Strip, its second Mediterranean outpost on the Israeli border after Lebanon.
The Egyptian-Qatari memo of understanding, signed in Cairo Wednesday, Dec. 24, pulls emirate support from Brotherhood and Hamas operations against Egypt and Saudi Arabia, confines aid to "civilian projects" in Gaza under Cairo's oversight.
Given the close cooperation maintained at present between the Egyptian president and Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on affairs relating to Gaza, Israel will implicitly have the right to disqualify certain Palestinian projects in the enclave. The emirate is not required to sever all its ties with the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas, just to keep them under control as its "strategic reserve."
8. Netanyahu: Israeli troops won't be hauled to court in Hague - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday threatened a strong response to the Palestinian application to join the International Criminal Court, saying the move represented the opening salvo of a further confrontation with Israel.
Speaking to his cabinet hours after Jerusalem announced financial sanctions in response to the Palestinian move, Netanyahu vowed Israel would take action and that the country would not sit back and allow IDF soldiers to be prosecuted abroad. (Read more)
9. A Special Prayer for Israel
With so much happening in Israel right now, we need to pray for discernment of HOW we pray for the land and the people. We must seek the Lord and what His Will is! So Father, we lift all these matters before You and cry out for Your Holy Righteousness! We pray for Your Will to be done in every aspect of Israel's government, finances, defense, and international relations. We pray for protection of our brothers. We ask that You send legions of warrior angels to the borders to protect Israel from any enemy plans. Father, we plead with You to move upon the hearts of the people to seek You.
We pray for Prime Minister Netanyahu and ask that You give him strength and Shalom peace. Father, fill him with wisdom and Your love. We pray that all members of Israel's government now and those to be elected later this spring, will seek Your Will for Israel. We pray against any plans of the enemy and ask that nothing be allowed to happen that goes outside Your plan.
We pray for peace in Jerusalem. We pray for all of Israel to come to know Yeshuah and have salvation. We pray for all the Palestinians and ask that You have mercy on them and forgive them, Father. They have been deceived for generations. Reveal Yourself to them also, that they may come to know You. We pray all these things in the name of Yeshuah HaMachiach, amen.
The Daily Jot
Friday, January 2, 2015
Way of the world, or way of the Word?
The Daily Jot began nearly 13 years ago with a simple mission: to use current events to equip and encourage people to evangelize the word of God. You may not always agree with what the Daily Jot has to say, but there may always be something in it to talk to others about or to take action. Some just get angry or don't want to think about the way events are shaping up prophetically or the way they are having an impact on society. We, as Christians, cannot afford to ignore the world around us. The issues will not go away if we look the other way. In fact, when Christians are not engaged with their family, their community, their state, their country, everything goes the way of the world, not the way of the Word.
Jesus said in Matthew 28:19-20, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." He said in Mark 16:15, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Romans 10:13-15 says, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent?
If you receive The Daily Jot, you are hearing and you are being sent. You are called to action. You have current event to use to share the Word of God. As written in 1 Peter 2:9, "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." James 1:25 says, "But whoso looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed." As Jesus said in Matthew 5:16, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
It's not always easy. Many people find sharing the word uncomfortable in this day and age. But we are not charged to be comfortable, but to take up our cross and follow the Lord. That means it's not chocolate and roses, or rolexes or checks in the mail or nice cars or whatever material things modern preachers are preaching about. It's not really about you or me. It's about Jesus and him being preached. 2 Corinthians 8-13 says, "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsake; cast down, but not destroyed...We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak." So let us speak boldly as we ought to for if you are reading this you are equipped and encouraged to do so.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Comet Lovejoy promises to become visible to the unaided eye
Just in time for the New Year, a fast-paced comet appears to be heading our way from deep space to skywatchers' delight.
Comet Lovejoy (C/2014 Q2), discovered by its namesake Australian astronomer this past August, has been slowly brightening from a target only visible through giant telescopes to one easily seen through binoculars. Now it's becoming visible to unaided eyes from dark locations.
And if predictions hold true the icy visitor from the dark outer reaches of the solar system will continue to brighten the next few weeks as it gets closer to Earth - passing about 70 million kilometres away from us on Jan. 7. That's about as close as planet Mars can ever get to us. When Lovejoy does zip by us, it should be faintly visible without any telescope or binoculars - even from brightly light suburban skies. (Yahoo News Canada)
[To learn more about Comet Lovejoy and to find out when you may be able to view it for yourself, please go here.]
This Week's Bible Study
This Week's Bible Study:
By Susan L. Turner
Week of Sunday, January 4 - Saturday, January 10
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Avowed Atheist Scientists are Turning to God as Science Increasingly Proves His Intelligent Design
"Today there are more than 200 known parameters necessary for a planet to support life-every single one of which must be perfectly met, or the whole thing falls apart."
(Heb.1:3) "[Jesus] is the perfect imprint and very image of [God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty Word of power."
The eternal tug-of-war between science and religion continues to be argued every day, but a recent piece in the Wall Street Journal by author Eric Mataxas has taken the internet by storm with one simple title: "Science Increasingly Makes the Case for God."
The thought-provoking article, published on Christmas Day, walks us through the history of evolutionary theories in popular culture dating back to Time Magazine's famous cover story, "Is God Dead?"
Metaxas takes an in-depth look at how the world was beginning to believe at that time that there was no longer a need for God since science was becoming so advanced. That same year, Carl Sagan concluded that there were two important criteria for sustaining life on any planet: the right "kind" of star, and the planet's distance from that star.
Of course, since then, scientists have greatly revised those two criteria to include over 200, but this realization only goes to further prove Intelligent Design as opposed to the amazingly improbable chance that a life-sustaining planet would form from nothing on its own.
"As factors continued to be discovered, the number of possible planets hit zero, and kept going. In other words, the odds turned against any planet in the universe supporting life, including this one. Probability said that even we shouldn't be here," Metaxas writes.
"Today there are more than 200 known parameters necessary for a planet to support life-every single one of which must be perfectly met, or the whole thing falls apart. Without a massive planet like Jupiter nearby, whose gravity will draw away asteroids, a thousand times as many would hit Earth's surface. The odds against life in the universe are simply astonishing."
Read more on this from The Gospel Herald by clicking here.
[Reported by: Breaking Christian News]
Signs and Wonders
Forget fireworks, Mexico's Popocatépetl volcano puts on an explosive
New Year's show
Many places around the globe ring in the New Year with fireworks, but Mother Nature gave residents of one Mexican town a very explosive show to celebrate the arrival of 2015.
According to statistics compiled by Mexico's National Disaster Prevention Center, the infamous Popocatépetl volcano erupted almost 30 times in less than 24 hours leading up to 2015 and prompted the Mexican government to ask people living within 6 miles of the mountain to evacuate.
Besides the 28 reported eruptions noted by Mexico's disaster agency, the volcano also released smoke more than 450 times and at least five strong tremors were also felt in the area.
The active volcano, which is located about 40 miles from Mexico City, emitted gas and ash some two miles into the sky. (Fox News, Latino) Read more and see photos here.
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Rodney Davis (IL)
Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (NY)
May God bless you both!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
On Bended Knee
On bended knee I come.
With a humble heart I come.
Bowing down before Your holy throne.
Lifting holy hands to You,
As I pledge my love anew,
I worship You in spirit;
I worship You in truth,
Make my life a holy praise Unto You.
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Prayer calls are being held nightly at 9PM EST until Sunday, January 11.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
FOCUS: PUSHING BACK THE DARKNESS
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!