Saturday, May 11 is an International
Day of Prayer and Fasting for the
church in SYRIA
To learn more, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Friday, May 10, 2013
Most blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Lord, and whose hope and confidence the Lord is. (Jeremiah 17:7)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. Sen. Graham challenges Joint Chiefs' Chairman on Benghazi testimony - Fox News
Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., issued a sharp and unusual challenge to the truthfulness of the nation's top uniformed military commander on Thursday, demanding that U.S. Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, return to Capitol Hill to provide fresh testimony on the Benghazi attacks. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the courage displayed by Senator Graham in calling General Dempsey back to the stand for more questioning regarding the events which took place in Benghazi on September 11, 2012. We ask, Lord, for an open and complete investigation of the events that took place, and why. We ask that the highest ranking officials in our government will be held responsible for their orders and actions, and that there will not be anyone "falling on their sword" to protect those officers above them. We thank You that You are not a "respecter" of persons, in that You hold all of us accountable for our actions, and no one is exempt. We ask You to "stop the mouth of liars" and for the triumph of truth to prevail. We thank You, in Your wonderful Name, Amen.
- "These six things the Lord hates, indeed, seven are an abomination to Him: A proud look [the spirit that makes one overestimate himself and underestimate others], a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that manufactures wicked thoughts and plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, A false witness who breathes out lies [even under oath], and he who sows discord among his brethren." (Proverbs 6:16-19)
2. FBI To Internet Providers: Spy For Us Or Face A $25,000 Fine - Popsci.com
A new FBI proposal would compel internet communications companies to hand over information--or pay a fine. Existing wiretap law is almost 20 years old and doesn't capture the nuances of modern internet use. The Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act was first authorized in 1994, and it ordered "telecommunications carriers" to comply with court orders to assist in intercepting communication. Since then, communication online has taken off, while the landscape of what we know has telecommunications carriers has drastically changed. (Read more.)
- Abba, we ask that Congress would look at these laws from 2 decades ago concerning wiretapping of suspected criminals. We ask that the present day technological realities of internet use and telecommunications be considered and addressed. Lord, we do ask for continued protection of our Constitutional right to privacy, and that not be violated, unless criminal activity is taking place that would threaten our nation in some way. We ask for wisdom from You be given to our legislators so they can deal with present realities, balancing personal privacy, with the right to know plans of an evil and subversive individual or group. We thank You, Amen.
- "Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom." (Psalm 51:6)
3. DOJ: We don't need warrants for e-mail, Facebook chats - CNet News
The U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI believe they don't need a search warrant to review Americans' e-mails, Facebook chats, Twitter direct messages, and other private files, internal documents reveal. Government documents obtained by the American Civil Liberties Union . . .show . . . Justice Department prosecutors and investigators privately insisting they're not legally required to obtain search warrants for e-mail. (Read more)
- Father, this issue is very similar to the one above, in wanting to "eavesdrop" on individuals' conversations and communications, whether they be on the telephone, or through electronic means, such as e-mails, Facebook posts and chats, Twitter, and other "social networks". Again, we ask for Your supernatural wisdom be given to our Congress to know how to balance the Consitutional right of privacy, with the need to know of any illicit or subversive activities being planned or carried out against our national interests. We thank You for Your truth, wisdom, understanding, and discretion, and we ask that You will enable our Representatives and Senators to effectively deal with this situation. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck." (Proverbs 3:21,22)
4. Putin on Victory Day: Russia a security guarantor - Associated Press
Russian President Vladimir Putin has said at the annual military parade on Red Square that Russia will be a guarantor of world security. Putin's short speech Thursday came at the culmination of Victory Day, marking the defeat of Nazi Germany 68 years ago. It is Russia's most important secular holiday, honoring the huge military and civilian losses of World War II and showing off the country's modern arsenal. (Read more)
- Lord, this seems like an arrogant thing to say to the world, especially in the present day political climate and in the midst of worldwide turmoil. How can one nation promise to "guarantee" all the nations "world security", or does he mean "world dominance"? We certainly are seeing the rise again, of the ugly head of Communism being pushed forward by the Russian dictator. We ask, Abba, that You would again expose the plans of our enemies and subdue them. Show them for who they are, and give us wisdom in dealing with them. You are our God, and we worship You alone, and trust in Your protection, and Your instructions to us in dealing with these, who would endeavor to raise their hand against us. Our trust is in You, Lord. Amen.
- "The armies of heaven were following Him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Coming out of His mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. 'He will rule them with an iron scepter'. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On His robe and on His thigh He has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS." (Revelation 19:14-16) "For it is written, As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God [acknowledge Him to His honor and to His praise]." (Romans 14:11)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"And it shall be in that day that I will make it My aim to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem" (Zechariah 12:9)
1. Knesset speaker: Temple Mount solution 'by Next Year' - Israel National News
MK Edelstein says preventing MKs from visiting the Temple Mount is a "very grave" matter. By Gil Ronen Knesset Speaker MK Yuli Edelstein stated Wednesday that the present state of affairs, in which MKs are prevented from visiting the Temple Mount, is a "very grave" matter, which he hopes will be solved in a year's time. (Read More)
2. US to arm Syrian rebels: Putin's rebuke, Chinese "peace plan" mar Netanyahu's Chinese trip - DEBKA
Negative diplomatic ricochets are pursuing Israel in the aftermath of its air force attacks on Syria. In the first place, they are seen to have had no effect on Hizballah's successful military intervention on the side of the Assad regime or the Syrian war at large. In the second, Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, while in Shanghai, was given a sharp dressing-down by President Vladimir Putin Monday, May 6, a warning that Russia would not tolerate further Israeli attacks on Damascus and would respond. Putin did not say how, but he did announce he had ordered the acceleration of highly advanced Russian weapons supplies to Syria. . . (Read more)
3. Survey: Jerusalem enjoys economic boost, happiest residents - Ynet News
Jerusalemites are, on the whole, happier than the residents of other Israeli cities, as thousands of jobs are being created in the capital increasingly defined by its religious majority, according to a survey published Tuesday by the Central Bureau of Statistics.
The data, made public before the 46th Jerusalem Day, found the city enjoying a positive economic momentum. The year 2012 saw some 17,000 new jobs created in the capital, in addition to approximately 30,000 jobs created between 2009 and 2007, meaning that in the course of the last four years Jerusalemites were offered some 50,000 new working positions.
Another clause simply shows Jerusalemites to be pleased with the city of their dwelling - more so than their compatriots living in other Israeli urban centers. An impressive 88% of Jerusalemites said they were happy with their city, 2% higher than Tel Avivians, 4% higher than in Haifa and 6% higher than in Ashdod. (Read more)
4. Iran's Plans to Take Over Syria - JCPA
At present, bloody battles are being waged over the centers of Iranian influence in Syria, most of all the mausoleum of Sayyida Zaynab - sister of the Imam Husayn - who in 680 carried his severed head to Damascus after the massacre at Karbala. In Iranian historiography, the great victory over the Sunnis is marked in Damascus in the form of a Shiite renaissance in the capital of the hated Umayyad Empire. The Sunnis, however, are now threatening these Iranian achievements. Hizbullah has been recruited to the cause, with hundreds of its fighters coming to Syria from Lebanon. These fighters try to downplay their Hizbullah affiliation and instead identify themselves as the Abu El Fadl Alabbas Brigade, named after the half-brother of the Imam Husayn.
Iran is also recruiting Shiite forces in Iraq for the warfare in Syria. These are organized in a sister framework of Lebanes e Hizbullah. Known as the League of the Righteous People and Kateeb Hizbullah, its mission is to defend the Shiite centers in Damascus. Hizbullah fighters are also operating in other areas, some of them beyond the Lebanese border in the Shiite villages in Syrian territory on the way to Homs, thereby creating a sort of territorial continuity for ongoing Alawite control under Iranian influence. This continuity is strategically important to Iran since it links Lebanon and Damascus to the Alawite coast. Iran aims to have a network of militias in place inside Syria to protect its vital interests, regardless of what happens to Assad. (Read more)
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. Brethren, let each one remain with God in that state in which he was called." (I Corinthians 7:23,24)
1. Muslim Extremists in Somalia Seize, Torture Convert from Islam - Morning Star News
Muslim militants still controlling part of the Lower Shebelle Region of Somalia have jailed and tortured a Christian for converting from Islam, sources said.
Al Shabaab rebels seized Hassan Gulled, 25, on March 23 in Bulo Marer near Qoryoley District, they said. Gulled, who had fled to Kenya in 2007 in search of safety and a better life, had left Kenya on Feb. 27 to visit family in Somalia, sources said.
As Gulled was only visiting family in Somalia, his wife remained in an undisclosed city in Kenya. Al Shabaab extremists in Kenya who knew of his Christian activities there apparently contacted members of the militant group in Somalia, who monitored his movement for three weeks before seizing him, sources said.
2. Local County in China Agrees to Review Case of Forcibly Closed House Church - China Aid
An application for "administrative reconsideration" filed by a house church in the far western region of Xinjiang ordered to stop its "illegal religious activities" has been accepted by the local Xinyuan County government, ChinaAid has learned.
The church in Akeqi village in the town of Biesituobie was raided on March 10, a Sunday, by the county religious affairs and public security bureaus, who sealed the meeting site, confiscated a large quantity of church property and took three Christians into custody. (Read more.)
3. Justice Continues to be Denied to Christians in India 5 Years Later - Catholic Culture
Five years after an anti-Christian pogrom in the eastern Indian state of Orissa left 100 dead and over 50,000 homeless, justice has been denied to victims because of police inaction and the intimidation of witnesses, according to John Dayal, the lay Catholic journalist who serves as secretary-general of the All India Christian Council. (Read more)
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Real Victims of Benghazi
The Real Victims of the Benghazi Attacks:
Our Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Expression, and the Truth.
-- A Commentary by John Guandolo
Guandolo Associates LLC
"Understanding the Threat"
What is being lost at the House Hearings into the attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi are the real victims - Free Speech, Freedom of Expression, and the Truth.
What has become abundantly clear is that the President, the Secretary of State and Ambassador Rice, intentionally lied to the American public about the nature of the attack on the consulate, the reason for the attack, and the inability of the United States to respond. Critics say the President and Secretary of State failed to act and demonstrated incompetence by not being able to comprehend the unfolding situation on the ground. This is not accurate. The administration did respond - it launched a counter-assault on the American people's God-given right to free speech, free expression, and the Truth.
. . .Under the Obama administration, the federal government has shutdown all evidence-based training regarding the threat from the global Islamic Movement inside the FBI, CIA, DHS, and the military, and either replaced it with training from the Muslim Brotherhood, or with nothing. The net effect is that the very people legally charged with protecting the United States against Jihadis, are not only NOT being taught the facts from actual terrorism cases and trials inside the U.S., but are now being trained by the Muslim Brotherhood. There will be nothing negative spoken about Islam inside the U.S. national security apparatus or there will be reprisals. That's the loud and clear message. Just ask Lieutenant Colonel Matthew Dooley.
When the attacks began in Benghazi, Ambassador Chris Stevens and the Regional Security Officer knew it was an "terrorist" attack. That message was transmitted to State Department Headquarters and relayed to the White House. President Obama and Secretary Clinton did not simply fail to act - they did act. They intentionally lied and said the attack was the result of a YouTube video that offended Islam. The creator of the video, a United States citizen exercising his right to free speech, sits in jail today.
Americans, what is the message is that your government is directing at you? Put emotion aside and look at the facts. A military battle took place on turf that is considered U.S. soil. Americans fought courageously and died. Our Ambassador, the apparent target of the attack for unknown reasons, was killed. The President of the United States, the Secretary of State, and the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations blamed this on a YouTube video. Why? It
It is because all of the Islamic men advising senior U.S. leaders on the National Security Council, at the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI (which continues to give these jihadis awards for being great people), and the CIA are Muslim Brothers. The Muslim Brotherhood strategy is to wage "Civilization Jihad" BY OUR HANDS. They have achieved their goal of getting American leaders to impose the Islamic Law of Slander on our citizens.
An American Ambassador is dead. 3 Heroes are dead. And an American citizen who created a YouTube video is in jail.
In light of these facts, it is apparent this administration has aligned itself with America's enemies, and is conducting an active campaign on their behalf.
The victims of the Benghazi attack are not just the four brave souls who lost their lives. The victims are named Free Speech, Freedom of Expression, and Truth. (Read more here.)
Smart Bombs & Dumb Policies
Smart Bombs & Dumb Policies, Both are Destructive
The headline in today's New York Times was "Sexual Assaults in Military Raise Alarm in Capital." The Washington Post had the same lead story which cited this alarming fact: "The estimated number of military personnel victimized by sexual assault and related crimes has surged by about 35 percent over the past two years." At a press conference on Tuesday President Obama said he had no "tolerance" for this behavior and has ordered the Secretary of Defense to prevent these sex crimes and send a message to victims of sexual assault that "I've got their backs." What could have possibly brought about such a surge in sexual assaults? Could the radical social policies pushed by the Obama Administration onto the military be a factor? The Post and the Times failed to mention that two years ago was when the 1993 law against open homosexuality in the military was repealed.
The reports on the 35% increase are based on survey data that included a 33% increase in men reporting "unwanted sexual contact" (almost all of which comes from other men). FRC was mocked in 2010 for noting that same-sex assaults the year before were roughly three times higher than the rate of homosexuality in the general population--and for predicting that those rates would rise if the 1993 law were repealed. The Pentagon's report released yesterday said that male victims were now 12% of all victims making "unrestricted" reports, and 13% of those making "restricted" (confidential) reports--both higher than in FY 2009.
Of course, since the vast majority of people are heterosexual, so are most sexual assaults--like that allegedly committed over the weekend by Lt. Col. Jeffrey Krusinski. This was a particular embarrassment to the Pentagon, since Krusinski was in charge of sexual assault prevention for the Air Force! It is ironic that the Air Force, which is plagued with sexual assault problems, has been preoccupied with suppressing religious expression. They would do well to dust off the advice of the first Commander-in-Chief, George Washington, who warned those who want morality without a moral code. Washington wrote in his farewell address to the nation, ". . .let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion." (Family Research Council, May 8, 2013)
Happy Mother's Day!
A Video Tribute to all the Mothers out there!
From Dr. James Dobson's "Family Talk"
God gave mothers a passion for their children. They would, quite literally, lay down their lives to protect the kids entrusted to their care. And that's why they are deserving of our admiration - on Mother's Day, or on any other day of the year. To view this beautiful tribute, please go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Blessings, Honoring and Remembering the Victims and Survivors of the Holocaust
"March of Remembrance 2013"
Dear Capitol Hill Prayer Partners,
Shalom and Blessings!
Once again, Gods blessings were upon the March of Remembrance and all those who participated and prayed for us as we took our place along side those who suffered the atrocities of the Holocaust, their children and the State of Israel.
This year thousands of people joined us in forty six cities with over fifty events, participating in March of Remembrance memorials across the nation. Among those who participated were members of Congress, Mayors, Rabbis, Pastors and representatives from the Israeli Consult, making proclamations and acknowledging how the March of Remembrance is impacting our communities and lives.
But even more, the greatest work is being done in individuals, as hearts are healed and lives and relationships are restored.
May the Lord Bless each one of you as you take your place amongst Gods people, Standing and Praying for the blessings and restoration of the Jewish people and Israel.
. . ."I know that when I stand before God on Judgement Day, I shall not be asked the question posed to Cain, - where were you when your brother's blood was crying out to God?"
Imre Bathory, Righteous among the Nations, Hungary
> > > On April 6-7, 2013, Holocaust Memorial Day (Yom HaShoah), the "March of Remembrance" took place in 46 US cities across the United States with thousands of people nation wide in participation.
Thousands of people across the United States came to make a public statement of honor to the victims and survivors of the Holocaust and their descendants, commemorating the genocide of six million Jews, and to take their stand with the people of Israel and against modern anti-Semitism.
The Main MoR events for 2013 were held in Houston and in Dallas Texas. We were especially honored to have Pastor Jobst and Charlotte Bittner, the initiators of the March of Life movement, along with a delegation from their church in Germany join with us for the events in the United States. The interest and impact the MoR is having across the nation is wonderful, with involvement from government officials, and newspapers and TV stations reporting on the Marches of Remembrance. (Read more)
- "For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I will not keep quiet, Until her righteousness goes forth like brightness, And her salvation like a torch that is burning." (Isaiah 62:1)
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
We Exalt Your Name
We exalt Your name
High above the heavens
We exalt Your name
All of creation sings praise
For Jesus reigns
Over all He reigns