This week, we continue to press in during WEEK SIX of the 40 Weeks of Prayer and Fasting, to offer prayers of repentance for the sin in the church, the sin in the nation, and the blessing of Israel.
We now address these areas:
1. SIN IN THE CHURCH: COMPROMISE WITH ISLAM
2. SIN IN THE NATION: ACTIVIST JUDGES
3. THE BLESSING OF ISRAEL: BORDER SECURITY
SIN IN THE CHURCH: COMPROMISE WITH ISLAM
REPENTANCE FOR SIN IN THE CHURCH:
COMPROMISE WITH ISLAM
Christian Leaders Betray Jesus: Seek "Common Ground" with Islam's allah
Written by: Harry Valentine, Founder/Publisher, Capitol Hill Prayer Alert
- "And I give them eternal life. I and My Father are one . . . that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him." (Jn 10:28, 30, 38b) - "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.'" (Jn 11:25). - "Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son." (1 John 2:22-23) - "Thus says the LORD concerning the prophets Who make my people stray; Who chant 'Peace'While they chew with their teeth." (Mic 3:5)
For several months a religious war has been raging - between so-called Christian "leaders" and more biblically and historically orthodox theologians, writers and activists. For me the most troubling aspect is that these "leaders" agree with Muslim leaders that we share the same "God". ANYONE who has studied the two religions should know that this is heresy, a betrayal of Jesus, poppycock, ridiculous and SAD!
Why is it SAD? Because respected pastors, theologians, writers, etc - who should know better - have heaved Jesus' crucifixion, resurrection, kingship and divinity under the bus for the sake of "peace" and "common ground" with another religion (2 Cor 11:4; Gal 1:6).
In his article, "Begging Forgiveness of Islam?" Joseph Farah (Editor of WorldNetDaily) calls this effort "wishful thinking." We quote Mr. Farah:
"It was predictable in this age of wishful thinking.
After 138 Muslim leaders last month wrote an open letter to Christendom calling ostensibly for peaceful coexistence and mutual understanding, self- proclaimed Christian leaders and other celebrity Christians took the bait. The appropriate response would have been to search their own Scriptures, to get down on their knees to beseech God to give them wisdom, to seek the counsel of others, particularly those expert on Islam, history and the persecution of the church in Muslim lands.Among more than 100 theologians, ministry leaders and prominent pastors, signing the letter were Jim Wallis, president of Sojourners, Rick Warren, senior pastor of Saddleback Church and Leith Anderson, president of the National Association of Evangelicals."
[Farah continues:] "As a Christian myself, I want to make it very clear these men do not speak for me. More importantly, I do not believe they speak for Jesus."
"The word 'Muslim' literally means 'one who submits to allah.' In other words, far from attempting to find common ground with Christians, these Muslim leaders are in fact using the words of their own 'holy book' to proclaim themselves as the only true monotheists in the world today."
"In the eyes of orthodox Islam . . . Jews and Christians must stop accepting lies, submit to Islam, become Muslims or accept the harsh treatment they deserve.
Jesus did not teach believers to seek common ground with the world. He did not teach us to conform ourselves to the ways of those who deny Him. (emphases mine)
Entire Article Here: Begging Forgiveness of Islam?
I commend to you another very helpful article by Gary Bauer in which he reviews the history of Islam's use of JIHAD from the 700's to advance its goal of world domination. Here are two excerpts from this very good article:
"Western civilization again faces a defining moment in the struggle to defend itself against an enemy that seeks its demise. Sadly, however, many in the West today, including many Christians, fail to understand what's at stake: the continuation of our way of life and even our very lives."
"I caution against the false hope of letters like 'Loving God and Neighbor Together.' At the end of the day, an enemy committed to the total destruction of western civilization must be defeated. It is essential that Christians recognize that any attempts at finding 'common ground' or 'mutual understanding' with Muslims will be fruitless unless and until Muslims stand up to confront their co-religionists' use of faith to justify violence and the annihilation of the west."
Entire Article Here: Can Christians and Muslims Reconcile?
In closing, I must admit to you that I am both puzzled and saddened by the blindness, ignorance and political correctness of very significant men who call themselves "Christians". Jesus' deity is non- negotiable; He, not Muhammed nor allah, is The Only Way (Jn 14:6; 10:9). They have become false prophets!
How far have we fallen! PRAYER and TRUTH are our only hopes and TRUTH can only be found in Jesus (John 1:14).
Join us in Prayer:
- That these "leaders" will be effectively rebuked, understand and repent;
- That pastors, priests, theologians, activists will come to a true understanding about Islam, jihad, allah, etc;
- That we will be able to Love the Muslims, while definitively explaining Biblical Truth about each member of the Trinity. JESUS IS LORD!
Additional Relevant Articles:
- Influential Theologian Troubled by Christian- Muslim Dialogue
- Evangelical Leaders Pledge Common Cause with Islam
SINS OF THE NATION: ACTIVIST JUDGES
THE BLESSING OF ISRAEL: BORDER SECURITY
Israel's security situation seems to get worse with each passing day. The open borders that were between Gaza and Egypt the past couple of weeks allowed much weaponry and many terrorists to both enter and leave Gaza. Hizbullah has come back to Israel's northern border and Syria is getting more powerful missiles. And behind them all - Iran - who continues to prepare for her assault on Israel and the West - while the West remains in a deep slumber. We almost have too many targets for intercession - but as God guides us, we must continue to hit the arrows on the ground (2 Kings 13:17-19).
- Father, please give wisdom from above to all those in Israel's security forces who need to make decisions. "Every purpose is established by counsel: and with good advice make war."(Proverbs 20:18)
"For by wise counsel you shall make thy war..." (Proverbs 24:6a)
- Raise up children of Issachar for Israel today, men that "had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do..." (1 Chronicles 12:32b)
- Lord, defend this nation as per Your many promises.
- "Hear the word of the LORD, O you nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep [guard] him, as a shepherd does his flock." (Jeremiah 31:10)
- Abba, help Israel to secure the very long border with Egypt that has become very dangerous because of the open border between Gaza and Egypt recently.
(Source: Intercessors for Israel -- corrected link)
SALVATION'S PRICE By A.W. Tozer Too many Christian leaders, acting like enthusiastic promoters, are teaching that the essence of faith is this: "Come to Jesus - it will cost you nothing!" God's grace is free, no doubt about that. No one in the wide world can make any human payment towards the plan of salvation or the forgiveness of sins.
But without faith it is impossible to please Him. (Hebrews 11:6)
The price has all been paid, "it will cost you nothing!" Brethren, that is a dangerous half-truth. There is always a price connected with salvation and with discipleship.
I take issue on Bible grounds with the statement that "everyone in the world has faith, all you have to do is turn your faith loose."
That is truly a misconception of what the Bible teaches about men and God and faith. Actually, faith is a rare and wonderful plant that lives and grows only in the penitent soul.
By A.W. Tozer
Too many Christian leaders, acting like enthusiastic promoters, are teaching that the essence of faith is this: "Come to Jesus - it will cost you nothing!"
God's grace is free, no doubt about that. No one in the wide world can make any human payment towards the plan of salvation or the forgiveness of sins.
The teaching that every one has faith is simply a form of humanism in the guise of Christianity. I warn you that any faith that belongs to everybody is not the faith that saves. But it is that faith which is a gift of God to the broken and the contrite heart!