"And the eyes of them that see shall not be dim, and the ears of them that hear shall hearken. The heart also of the rash shall understand knowledge, and the tongue of the stammerers shall be ready to speak plainly." (Isaiah 32:3,4)
1. Bush Blasts UNHRC For Anti-Israel Bias, Iran Touts A World Without Israel - Jerusalem Post
U.S. President George W. Bush blasted the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) yesterday, for singling out Israel while ignoring major human rights violators, in his speech at the opening of the UN General Assembly. That afternoon, without the U.S. delegation present, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad used his speech to the United Nations General Assembly to unveil a vision of a world without Israel, in which America and Europe would be freed of what he said was Zionist oppression.
· We know that You love those who love Your nation, Israel. May our president continue to learn this truth and know how important it is that she not be divided for any reason! We ask for Your release of Iran from the hands of its treacherous leader who hates You and Your people. May Israel be saved!
· As the Apostle Paul prayed may we pray: "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved." (Romans 10: 1 NKJV)
2. U.S. Congress Denounces Iranian President France Says Nuclear Weapons In Iran's Hands 'Unacceptable' - AP and AFP
Congress signaled its disapproval of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad with a vote Tuesday to tighten sanctions against his government. French President Nicolas Sarkozy also piled pressure on Iran at the United Nations, saying it would be unacceptable for the Islamic republic to get hold of nuclear weapons.
· Most Holy One, thank You for allowing American and French hearts to see the evil intentions of this Iranian dictator sent to not only intimidate and denounce Your beloved nation, Israel; but also to destroy her allies. May Mr. Ahmadenijad come to know Your Son as his Savior before it's too late, and may Iran be set free to know and serve You!
· "For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives but to save them." (Luke 9:56)
3. Congress Votes to Call Iran's Army a "Terrorist Group" - AP
Congress also signaled its disapproval of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad with a vote Tuesday to call to designate his army a terrorist group. The swift rebuke was a rare display of bipartisan cooperation in a Congress bitterly divided on the Iraq war. It reflected lawmakers' long-standing nervousness about Tehran's intentions in the region, particularly toward Israel The House passed, by a 397- 16 vote, a proposal by Lantos, D-Calif., aimed at blocking foreign investment in Iran, in particular its lucrative energy sector. The bill would specifically bar the president from waiving U.S. sanctions. (Reported by: Intercessors for America)
· Offer praise for this bipartisan move in Congress. May they continue to call "good, good" and "evil, evil" in all matters related to the global war on terror. Praise God!
· "And the eyes of them that see shall not be dim, and the ears of them that hear shall hearken. The heart also of the rash shall understand knowledge, and the tongue of the stammerers shall be ready to speak plainly." (Isaiah 32:3,4)
4. Iran Leader Says Nuclear Issue Closed - AP
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced Tuesday that "the nuclear issue of Iran is now closed," and indicated that Tehran will disregard U.N. Security Council resolutions imposed by "arrogant powers" and demanding suspension of its uranium enrichment. Instead, he said, Iran has decided to pursue the monitoring of its nuclear program "through its appropriate legal path," the International Atomic Energy Agency which is the U.N.'s nuclear watchdog. When Ahmadinejad was ushered to the podium of the U.N. General Assembly to speak, the U.S. delegation walked out, leaving only a low-ranking note-taker to listen to his speech.
· By faith in the Name of Jesus, place the Blood of the Lamb over every word spoken at the U.N. this week by Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, canceling ALL HIS WORDS AND DECREES. Continue in prayer for his salvation. If our God could lead Saul of Tarsus to the saving knowledge of His Son, Jesus Christ, can He not do this again in the life of Mahmoud Ahmedinejad??
· " . . . the LORD has been my defense, And my God the rock of my refuge. He has brought on them their own iniquity, And shall cut them off in their own wickedness; The LORD our God shall cut them off." (Psalm 94:22,23)
5. Terror Suspect in Oregon Plot Extradited - Fox News
Oussama Kassir, a Lebanese-born Swede pleaded not guilty Tuesday in New York Federal Court to counts that include conspiracy to kill, kidnap, maim and injure people in a foreign country; providing material support to terrorists; and distributing information related to explosives, destructive devices and weapons of mass destruction.
Prosecutors say Kassir and others wanted to set up the camp in Bly, Ore., to teach military-style methods so a community of Muslims could move to Afghanistan to fight or receive further training there. The camp was never realized. Kassir also discussed hijacking trucks and killing the drivers to raise money to support the camp, Garcia said. "The purpose of the camp was to identify and further radicalize individuals that would be willing to carry out attacks against the United States at home or abroad," said Richard Falkenrath, deputy commissioner for counterterrorism at the New York Police Department.
An indictment says Kassir told witnesses that he supported Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaida and that he had personally undertaken jihad training in Afghanistan, Kashmir and Lebanon.
· Again, Father, You have spared our nation from destruction at the hand of Al Qaida. Than You for being the great omniscient I AM. May many Americans realize that without You, we are nothing.
· "Praise the Lord, for His mercy endures forever." (2 Chronicles 20: 21 NKJV)
6. Euro Hits All-Time High U.S. Home Sales, Prices Continue To Fall - MSNBC; EU Observer
The Euro has again reached a new all-time high against the dollar, reflecting mounting fears over the health of the US economy. Confirming this fear is the sales of existing U.S. homes, depressed by turmoil in credit markets, fell for a sixth straight month in August, pushing activity to the lowest point in five years an industry trade group said Tuesday. A separate report showed that the nationwide decline in home prices accelerated in July, posting the steepest drop in 16 years.
· Heavenly Father, as a nation, we need Your help to sustain our economy. Please revive our flagging home sales and strengthen our dollar for Your glory! Nothing is impossible for You!
· "For with God nothing will be impossible." (Luke 1: 37 NKJV)
7. Three Million Students Participate In "See You At The Pole" - ACLJ; FRC
The 17th Annual "See You At The Pole" national prayer event drew three million students across America and other countries including Russia and Turkey, this morning to pray for the Lord to help and bless their countries according to the American Center for Law and Justice. This year's theme: "Gather. Unite. Pray. Come Together." scripturally finds it's message in John 17: 20-23. Since its beginning in Burleson, Texas on April 6, 1990, "See You At The Pole" has grown from 45,000 students and has encouraged our nation's youth; and now internationally, other young people, to seek God's blessings on their schools, communities and countries. This annual prayer event is held every fourth Wednesday in September. [Sources: American Center for Law and Justice (9/26 Broadcast) and Family Research Council]
· We thank You Lord, for these young people who have been reminded to seek Your face in both good and bad times. We ask Your blessings upon them and ask You to continue to grow this event for Your glory! May many be saved as a result of this recognition of Your power, might and glory throughout Your universe!
· As Jesus prayed for all believers: "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in Me and I am in You." (John 17: 20. Please see also verses 21-23)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline." (Pr 1:7)
1. Kadima faction to grill PM over talks with Abbas - Jerusalem Post
MKs intend to complain to Olmert about being left in the dark on issues discussed, including dividing Jerusalem.
2. Gaza: Christian-Muslim tensions heat up - Jerusalem Post
An attack on an 80-year-old Christian woman in Gaza City has triggered renewed fears among the Gaza Strip's 2,500-strong Christian community.
3. Ahmadinejad sets out his vision of a world without Israel - Jerusalem Post
Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad used his speech to the United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday to unveil a vision of a world without Israel, in which America and Europe would be freed of what he said was Zionist oppression.
4. President Bush: Palestinian State is Still "Achievable" - IFA
President Bush expressed confidence Monday that his vision of a Palestinian state is still "achievable" as he opened a diplomatic mission in New York to promote his Middle East peace plan which represents only part of his agenda. Arriving here for a three-day visit marking the opening of the annual UN General Assembly session, Bush met with Palestinian leaders and former British prime minister Tony Blair, now serving as a Middle East envoy, to build support for a regional peace conference this fall.
The conference Bush plans for November, probably in Washington, would be the first such major effort since President George H.W. Bush's conference in Madrid in 1991. It remains a work in progress, with various parties outlining different goals and an unsettled invitation list. (Source: Intercessors for America)
· Intercede for our national leaders - that every decision, action or plan to pressure Israel to give up land or evacuate its people from any territory would be frustrated and abandoned. May God raise up leaders in the United States who would support His end-time purposes for the people of Israel - and the Land of Israel. Ask the Lord - Who gave, in covenant, the land of Israel to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and their descendants - to have mercy on the United States as our leaders continue to be determined to carve up the land and offer it to the "gentiles", (the nations) as a "peace offering."
· O LORD, ". . . in wrath remember mercy." (Habakkuk 3:2b)
5. SUCCOT GREETINGS
The festival of Succot, the last of the Jewish fall holidays, starts this year at sunset on Wednesday September 26th. Tabernacles (Succot) is a week long occasion of gratitude and praise to the God of Israel. All nations will join in the annual Succot celebration during the Kingdom age. (Succot greetings excerpted from Vision for Israel and Joseph Storehouse, www.visionforisrael.com)
HATE CRIMES BILL MAY BE VOTED ON TOMORROW!
Last week, some senators tried to attach the so- called "hate crimes" prevention bill to the Defense authorization bill, but Senator McCain objected. Later, Ted Kennedy took the Senate floor and declared:
"I have every intention . . . at some time of offering the hate crimes legislation. I know the question comes up why are we offering hate crime legislation on a Defense authorization bill? Well, the answer is very simple. The Defense authorization bill is dealing with the challenges of terrorism and [with] the hate crimes issue, to try and get a handle on the problems of hate crimes, we're talking about domestic terrorism, domestic terrorism."
Yesterday, Senate Democrat Leader Harry Reid filed a motion to try, once again, to attach hate crimes legislation to the Defense authorization bill. A vote is expected tomorrow. (Source: Gary Bauer; End-of-Day; 9/26/07; excerpted)
· STAND IN AGREEMENT REGARDING THE HATE CRIMES BILL -- "This far you shall come and NO FURTHER, and HERE shall your proud waves be STOPPED!" (Job 38:11)
· Ask God to forgive Senator Harry Reid, FOR HE KNOWS NOT WHAT HE DOES! (Luke 23:34)
ALSO THIS WEEK IN CONGRESS
Fiscal Irresponsibility: Time flies when all you do is fight. Here it is, five days before fiscal 2008 begins, and Congress has completed not a single one of the 12 appropriations bills needed to fund the federal government for the next 12 months. With 07's budget running out on Sunday and 08's budget not even in the homestretch, Congress will pass a "continuing resolution" this week to keep its agencies in the black - at least until a final budget is passed later this fall.
Coincidentally around October 1 our national government may be hitting its "debt ceiling" (how much Congress says it can borrow); when that happens Congress usually votes to let itself borrow more (this time, probably about $850b more). (Our nation's debt is now 9 trillion dollars. See the National Debt Clock located at the bttom of the IFA website., www.ifapray.org )
On the non-deadline front, senators - unflagged by last week's failures - may take another crack at pushing an earlier withdrawal from Iraq and redefining our mission there, as it continues to debate a defense authorization bill.
Also on the agenda this week: The Senate plans to give the final okay on a $20b water works bill, HR 1495, while the House votes to renew (and restrain) a flood insurance program, HR 3121. (Roll Call, Citizen Joe, 9/26/07) [Reported by: Intercessors for America]
· May the LORD grant wisdom and courage to all those who serve in our Congress and all elected officials across this country. Let them not be distracted from governing by the lure of money, power or fame. Pray that God would encourage them to always stand for what is right and to faithfully serve those who have put their trust in them. (Ecclesiastes 8:1- 5)
Special note to CHPP Partners:
Please be in prayer that Title V abstinence education programs are reauthorized before expiring at the end of September. i.e., THIS WEEK. Pray that a continuing resolution, extending funding for these very important programs, is passed. Phil. 1:6
SEN. BROWNBACK INTRODUCES PRO-LIFE BILL
Ultrasound Informed Consent Act (S. 2075)
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but Sen. Sam Brownback (R-Kans.) believes that it could also be worth thousands of lives. Yesterday, Brownback, one of the Senate's biggest pro-life champions, introduced a bill called the Ultrasound Informed Consent Act (S. 2075) with co-sponsors Sens. Norm Coleman (Minn.), Jim Inhofe (Okla.), Mel Martinez (Fla.), John Thune (S.D.) and David Vitter (La.). Similar to what several states are debating, this bill would require doctors to perform ultrasounds and share those images with any women considering an abortion. Although no woman would be forced to view the ultrasound, she would have the opportunity to make the most informed decision possible. For that reason, even the most militant pro-abortion senators should lend their support to Brownback's bill. It's not just pro-life, it's pro-woman. The legislation would use cutting-edge technology to give moms-to-be a window into the humanity of their unborn children. When confronted with the palpable personhood of their babies, research shows that many women reconsider their "choice" to abort. Others are inspired to cease risky behaviors related to alcohol, smoking, and bad diet. While the legislation doesn't address abortion directly, it's certainly an effective way to reduce the number of them--a goal every American can support. (Family Research Council)
To find out how YOU can be involved in pro-life action where you live, go to the website for 40 Days for Life -- and follow through today!!
Inside the U.N. -- the IAEA's Deceptive Islamic Bait
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
The International Atomic Energy Agency, the so-called nuclear watchdog of the United Nations, has been infiltrated in its leadership by Islamists and terrorist sympathizers to the point that there is no longer any balance in Middle East nuclear policy and the IAEA cannot be trusted to give clear and accurate information regarding the nuclear ambitions of Islamic countries such as Iran and its vassal state, Syria. The IAEA recently elected Syria as Deputy Chairman of its September nuclear conference, two weeks after Israel bombed what was thought to be a nuclear facility in Syria funded by Iran.
Syria also made recent headlines when dozens of so- called scientists were killed in an explosion. Jane's Defense Weekly reported that the technicians were fitting a SCUD missile with chemical weapons when there was an explosion and many of them died due to Sarin gas exposure. Leading analyst and supplier of military information, GlobalSecurity.org, reports that in the early 1970's, "the Egyptian government reportedly gave Syria artillery shells capable of delivering chemical weapons. Since then Syria has developed a robust chemical weapons program, perhaps one of the most advanced in the Middle East."
IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei is an Egyptian born Islamist who has played dupe to the Iranian nuclear "rope a dope" game for several years. ElBaradei has for years dragged his feet that Iran had a nuclear weapons program in the making. In November 2004, ElBaradei said he did not believe that Iran had a nuclear weapons program. He told the news media, "I am not ready to jump to the conclusion and say this is a weapons program unless I see a diversion of nuclear material to such a program or I see clear cut proof that this is a weapons program." ElBaradei took the same approach toward North Korea, which was suspected of supplying Syria through Iran with the nuclear materials destroyed by the recent Israeli attack.
Egypt supplied Syria with its original chemical weapons capabilities. ElBaradei is an Egyptian Islamist who has dragged his feet in certifying that Islamofascist states Syria and Iran have nuclear weapons programs as aided by Russia, China and North Korea. And now Syria is Deputy Chairman of the IAEA annual nuclear conference under ElBaradei's watch-and Syria led a resolution against Israel as a nuclear threat to the Middle East. When will the world recognize that the Islamists are working together to spread nuclear and chemical weapons? Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." The world is under Islam's deceptive spell.
Word of Life Ministry
Links to Other Resources
In order to keep our Briefs "brief," we ask you to explore other key sites on your own, as you continue to pray for our nation, for Israel, and for His Kingdom on earth.
Recommended sites include the following:
a. Intercessors for America
b. Family Research Council
c. End-of-Day by Gary Bauer
a Worthy News
b Bridges for Peace
c. Intercessors for Israel
d. The JerUSAlem Connection
" . . . every joint supplies . . ." (Eph. 4:16) Links to Other Resources
In order to keep our Briefs "brief," we ask you to explore other key sites on your own, as you continue to pray for our nation, for Israel, and for His Kingdom on earth.