1. Humberto Hits Louisiana, Downgraded to Tropical Storm - HOUSTON AP
Humberto, the first hurricane to hit the U.S. Gulf Coast in two years, sneaked up on south Texas and Louisiana overnight and crashed ashore Thursday with heavy rains and 80-mph winds, killing at least one person.
· Father we ask that You have mercy on the people of this region, and that the flood waters will quickly subside and power be restored.
· All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth.( Psalm 25:10)
2. September 15 Anti-War Protest To Be 'Unlike Any Other'- CNSNews.com
Organizers of an anti-war protest scheduled for Sept. 15, said Wednesday, that the demonstration will be "unlike any other" as activists gather to demand an immediate end to the war.
· Lord we ask Your peace to heal the division in our nation. We pray for an orderly peaceful protest on Sept 15, that no agendas of any outside influences be allowed to prevail.
· And You shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, the Restorer of Streets to Dwell In. (Isaiah 58:12b)
3. Democrat Sees Car Bombings in America's Future- CNSNews.com
The former top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee said al Qaeda is a real and growing threat to the United States.
· Father, this statement, and other headlines today warn of Al-Qaida's ability to strike our nation with deadly force. We declare Psalm 91 over this growing threat.
· there shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.(Psalm 91:10) AMP
4. Senate Panel Approves Pentagon Funding Rise- Wall Street Journal
The Senate Appropriations Committee approved a $459.6 billion Pentagon funding bill that could be a big bargaining chip in this fall's budget fight between Democrats and the White House over domestic spending.
· Lord, we take authority over any plans to politicize these much-needed funds to the Pentagon, and declare that Your wisdom will prevail.
· But You have seen, for You observe trouble and grief, to repay it by Your hand. (Psalm 10:14)
5. Senate Democrats Reject Troop Reduction Plan for Iraq - Fox News
Setting the stage for yet another showdown with the Bush administration over Iraq policy, top Senate Democratic leaders vowed to fight plans to withdraw roughly 30,000 troops from Iraq, saying those plans do not go far enough.
· Father we take authority over the spirits of division and deception which are paralyzing our government from decisive actions in all matters of both domestic and foreign policy. We bind the angel of light from operating within our Congress, and plead the Blood of Jesus over all branches of our government. We loose God's truth, clarity of thought, and righteousness over our elected officials.
· Behold, I give you authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Luke 10:19)
6. Sunni Sheik Leader, U.S. Ally Against Al Qaida, Assassinated- BAGHDAD AP
The most prominent figure in a U.S.-backed revolt of Sunni sheiks against al-Qaida in Iraq was killed Thursday by a bomb planted near his home in Anbar province, 10 days after he met with President George W. Bush, Iraqi and U.S. officials said.
· Father, we ask that You raise up more Sunnis to stand with the U.S., that this incident will have the opposite effect than what was planned by the enemy.
· And we know that all things work together for good . . .(Romans 8:28)
7. Russia Tests Dad of all Bombs- NY Sun
The Russian military has successfully tested what it described as the world's most powerful non-nuclear air-delivered bomb, Russia's state television reported today.
· We declare Your Word over all nations which could be targets of this bomb.
· No weapon formed against you shall prosper. (Isaiah 54:17)
8. Dollar Hits Low Against Euro in Interest Concern - Int'l Herald Tribune
The dollar fell Wednesday to a record low against the euro and also lost ground against the yen as investors bet that lower interest rates in the United States would damp demand for the dollar.
· Lord again we ask Your mercy over our economy and over Your people who are part of that economy. As You saved Your people from the slavery of Pharoah, we pray that you save Your people from the slavery of economic disaster.
· I removed his shoulder from the burden; His hands were freed from the baskets.(Psalm 81:6)
9. Third Earthquake Rocks Indonesia - PADANG, Indonesia AP
Three powerful earthquakes jolted Indonesia in less than 24 hours, spawning a 10-foot tsunami, damaging hundreds of houses and sending panicked residents fleeing to high ground. At least nine people were killed in the tremors, which were followed by dozens of aftershocks.
· Lord we ask Your comfort and mercy over the people of Indonesia, and that Your Holy Spirit will move mightily in the aftermath of these quakes.
· He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted. . . (Isaiah 61:1)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD." (Leviticus 23:24)
1. 'Assad being pressured to respond' - Jerusalem Post
Advisors to Syrian President Bashar Assad are pressuring him to respond to the alleged IAF attack by "landing a blow to an Israeli target," the Kuwait-based Al-Jareeda reported Wednesday. According to the report, Israel targeted long-range missile batteries that were brought to Syria from Iran. The report said five IAF fighter jets carried out the attack.
2. 'Olmert, Abbas write document of principles' - Jerusalem Post
On Tuesday, A senior Palestinian source told Israel Radio that Olmert and Abbas formulated a statement of principles ahead of the Middle East peace meeting hosted by the US and planned to take place in November.
3. Iran Linked to Iraq Rocket Attack - ABC News
U.S. military officials in Iraq tell ABC News that a rocket used in an attack on coalition headquarters at Camp Victory Tuesday was made in Iran. Officials say the rocket, which narrowly missed its target, was fired from an area of Baghdad controlled by Shia militia leader Moqtada al Sadr.
4. Report: Syria, N. Korea building nuclear site together - Ynet News
Intelligence gathered by the United States over the past six months points to a possible cooperation between North Korea and Syria on building a nuclear facility on Syrian land, according to a report published by the Washington Post Thursday.
5. US to attack Iran in 8-10 months - Jerusalem Post
Germany's unwillingness to impose further sanctions on Iran has pushed the United States closer towards a decision on a military strike, FOX News reported on Wednesday. According to the report, Germany's decision has spurred senior US army officials to try and convince US Foreign Secretary Condoleezza Rice to abandon once and for all the diplomatic route of preventing a nuclear Iran. The report further stated that the date of preference for an attack against Iran is in eight to 10 months - after the US presidential candidates for both the Democrats and the Republicans have been chosen, but before the major presidential campaign kicks off.
CA Tries Total Recall of Traditional Marriage
Speaking of marriage, California liberals are doing their best to artificially boost the number of America's "married" households by legalizing same- sex unions. For the second time in two years, the state legislature has sent a bill to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's (R) desk that would overturn Proposition 22 (which defines the institution as the union of a man and woman) and allow "gay marriage." Yet again, Gov. Schwarzenegger has promised to veto the bill, holding the line on traditional marriage at a crucial time in our country.
As it stands, Schwarzenegger may have more than morality on his side, since many legal experts are insisting that the bill is "unconstitutional" in the first place. The state's constitution mandates that an initiative passed by the people--such as Proposition 22--can only be repealed by the people. It's time for the legislature to stop acting outside the will of the electorate and pass something that a majority of the state supports--a constitutional amendment protecting man-woman marriage.
(Family Research Council; Tony Perkins' Washington Update; 9/12/07)
I reported to you Monday that the radical antiwar group MoveOn.org took out a full-page ad viciously attacking General David Petraeus by calling him "General Betray Us." Senator Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut was quick to condemn the ad as "vile," and Republican leaders in the House and Senate offered resolutions expressing their support for General Petraeus and condemning the ad.
But yesterday, when Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) asked for a vote on his resolution, Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) declared it was non-germane and effectively tabled the resolution. Later in the day, Senators Cornyn and Bunning (R-KY) requested a vote on the resolution, but Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) objected twice.
Here is an opportunity for members of the United States Senate to go on the record in support of our men and women in uniform, and yet the vote is being blocked. In the wake of this disgusting ad and on the heels of the September 11th anniversary, one would think members of both parties would be jumping at the chance to express some unity and demonstrate their support for our troops and their commanding officers. Unbelievably, Senate liberals are objecting to such a vote!
It's hard to believe that the anti-war radicals at MoveOn.org have that much influence in the Democrat Party, but it's hard to come to any other conclusion.
What do you think? If you would like to share your thoughts about MoveOn.org's attack ad against General Petraeus with your members of Congress, visit our website at http://www.cwfpac.com to send a message to your representative and senators.
(Gary Bauer; End-of- Day; 9/12/07)
A spirit of fear seems to be gripping our nation. The opposite of fear is trust, and trust is the basis of love. God is love. Are you feeling fearful? It is heavy in the atmosphere, and it allows evil to operate strongly. Understand that you can and must counteract it! Every time you feel fear, remind yourself that God so loved you that He sent His only Son. . . . Replace the fear with His love. Sometimes we busy ourselves with so many things that we think we can prevent something by not thinking about it, not facing it. But we must be vigilant in our praise, our belief, and our strength in order to hold up our weaker brothers. Pray in a good way! Pray strongly! Be vigilant not just in watching our surroundings, but in watching skyward to the heavens!
(Source: New England Concerts of Prayer)