Pastor Saves President Trump From a Poisonous Spider Bite in the Oval Office! See below under "Praise the Lord," or go here for details.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, December 18, 2017
"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, so that those who love your name may exult in you." (Psalm 5:11)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
Week Three: Advent . . . JOY
Christmas with Karen Pence
Christmas with Karen Pence
Our "Second Lady," Karen Pence, the wife of our Vice President Mike Pence, has produced a brief video showing a tour of their home, now decorated for Christmas.
Here are her remarks:
"We appreciate the 40 volunteers who helped to decorate the Vice President's Residence for the #Christmas season! Take a look at the video . . . they did a wonderful job! We love it! Thank you!"
To view this video, please go here.
Be sure to also cancel the mute button, so you can hear Karen's voice, welcoming you to this tour!
[Editor's note: This video has been posted on the Twitter site of Karen Pence. We apologize for comments which follow that do not honor our President and our Vice- President. Thank you.]
Focus on Israel
1. Chag Hanukkah Sameach (Happy Hanukkah) from Jerusalem - Bridges for Peace
Wednesday, 13 December 2017 | Since yesterday, streets in Israel have been resounding with the joyful phrase, "Chag Hanukkah Sameach!" as loved ones and perfect strangers wish each other a happy feast of Hanukkah. Last night, in homes across the Promised Land and in Jewish communities around the world, family and friends gathered for the first night of this eight-day festival. It was a time to light the first of eight candles on the hanukkiyah (the special Hanukkah lamp stand with nine candle holders), to feast on treats traditional to the festival, and to remember the great miracle of the Almighty that Hanukkah commemorates.
To read the story of this miracle, please go here.
- Pray for the nation of Israel during this intense time of threats, asking that as they light the Hannukah candles, they will continue to shine forth as a light to the nations, revealing God and what He is doing on earth today.
- "Oh, send out Your light and Your truth! Let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your tabernacle. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; and on the harp I will praise You, O God, my God." (Psalm 43:3-4)
2. Fragile Situation in Gaza Can Rapidly Deteriorate into War - Bridges for Peace/YNET News
The rocket fired at Ashkelon Monday night was fired by insurgent Salafist forces who were trying, according to the IDF, to drag Hamas into a conflict with Israel. Rocket fire has become more frequent, a few times a week, and has not been aimed at empty fields but rather at population centers such as Ashkelon and Sderot. Even if Hamas has not been directly responsible for the launches, it has not been doing much to stop them.
Ten rockets have been launched at Israel from Gaza in the past week alone. Most are related to the tense aftermath of President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Two were intercepted, and two fell in open land causing no injuries. Monday night's incident is unique in that the city of Ashkelon was targeted and sirens were heard in communities even further north.
IDF sources say that Hamas is, in fact, working to keep things calm and prevent rocket fire at Israel, but the launch from the northern portion of the Gaza Strip and the irregular sequences of relatively short-range fire raise concerns of a deterioration that will spill outside of Gaza, as do the attacks and attempted attacks emanating from the West Bank in the last few days and violent protests, which may resume this weekend. (Read more)
- Intercede for the unstable situation brewing in Gaza as there has been increased rocket fire into Israel. Ask that war will not break out. Pray for the safety of the families who live in southern Israel and the IDF soldiers who serve in that area. Give thanks for Israel's advanced siren warning system and the Iron Dome that intercepts rockets.
- For You will light my lamp; the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by You I can run against a troop, by my God I can leap over a wall. As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
3. Netanyahu: Iran Eyes Sending 80,000 Shiite Fighters to Middle East - Bridges for Peace
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Monday of Iran's entrenchment in Syria, as his official visit to Paris and Brussels was winding down. "If Iran makes good on its threat, it will do so by utilizing 80,000 Shiite fighters, which will cause religious wars to erupt again," Netanyahu said in a press briefing before returning to Israel. Earlier Monday Netanyahu convened with the European Union's [EU] chief diplomat Federica Mogherini, after which he proceeded to attend an informal breakfast with 28 of the EU's foreign ministers, which the Lithuanian foreign minister organized without Mogherini's knowledge. "I stressed we have to find a new discourse on the region," Netanyahu explained to the ministers before chiding them to "stop pampering the Palestinians." "I think the Palestinians need a reality check. You have to stop cutting them slack. That's the only way to move forward towards peace," the prime minister opined. (Read more)
- Cry out against the threat that Iran may send 80, 000 Shiite fighters to Syria. Pray for PM Netanyahu and ask God that his words of warning will be heard by many world leaders who will risk their reputations to support Israel and stand against terrorism. Also pray for the Church to stand with Israel and not fall prey to the deception of the enemy.
- A wicked man hardens his face, but as for the upright, he establishes his way. There is no wisdom or understanding or counsel against the LORD. (Proverbs 21:29-30)
4. Abbas: No Peace in the World without Palestinian State with Jerusalem as Capital - Bridges for Peace
Member states of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) gathered in Istanbul yesterday for an emergency meeting. They came on the invitation of Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan. The reason for the hastily-called get together, held exactly one week after American President Donald Trump's historic recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, was to provide a platform for Arab and Muslim countries to forge a unified position on the decision going forward.
Mahmoud Abbas' address to the summit reportedly took center stage, with the Palestinian Authority (PA) President leveling a flood of scathing criticism and blatant bullying techniques at the US and Israel in a speech that lasted for over an hour.
Among others, Abbas vowed that there would be no peace anywhere in the world unless the Palestinians get a state with Jerusalem as capital, threatened that the Palestinians may nullify any existing agreements with the Jewish state and called upon nations of the world to retract their recognition of Israel. The PA president further charged that the US should have no future role to play in the push for peace between Israel and the Palestinians. (Read more)
- Beseech God for His will to be done in the Middle East. Pray that the nation of Israel will never lose hope in the cause that they are fighting for. Cry out for the nations of the earth to be protected from the influence of lies and historical revisionism that are so prevalent in the Palestinian narrative. Ask God to guard our hearts, all of our hearts.
- A land for which the LORD your God cares; the eyes of the LORD your God are always on it, from the beginning of the year to the very end of the year. (Deuteronomy 11:12)
5. Bridges for Peace: Israel Prayer Updates
To read all the articles on this update, please go here.
6. Intercessors for Israel: Friday Prayer Points
To read this excellent report, dated Friday, December 15, please go here.
7. VP Pence to Visit Western Wall on Wednesday - Breaking Israel News
After a delay in his scheduled first trip to Israel, US Vice President Mike Pence will arrive at in Israel on Wednesday, traveling directly from Ben Gurion Airport to the Western Wall in Jerusalem.
VP Pence was scheduled to arrive in Israel on Sunday but this visit was postponed in order to allow him to participate in the Senate's vote on a Republican tax bill on Sunday.
On Thursday, he will meet with Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and then speak at a special session of the Knesset which will be held in his honor.
On Friday Pence will meet with President Reuven Rivlin and visit the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem. He will then leave Israel for a visit to Germany. (Read more)
8. Fatah calls for 'angry' protests against US during Pence's Jerusalem visit - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah faction on Saturday called for "angry" demonstrations next week to protest against a visit to Jerusalem by US Vice President Mike Pence after Washington said it would recognize the holy city as Israel's capital.
"We call for angry protests at the entrances to Jerusalem and in its Old City to coincide with the visit on Wednesday of US Vice President Mike Pence and to protest against Trump's decision," Fatah said in a statement. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that You place Your Hand firmly upon our Vice-President while he makes this critical journey to Israel next week. We thank You, again, for the breakthrough we have witnessed this month in the relationship between America and Israel, as the U.S. now recognizes JERUSALEM as the capital of the nation of Israel. We ask that the next steps in aligning our relationship be fully directed by Your Spirit, and that both President Trump and Vice-President Pence will know the leading of Your Spirit as we continue to nurture and forge the covenant alliance between our two nations. In Your Name, Abba, we pray, amen.
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. (Psalm 323:8)
9. Terrorist carrying 2 pipe bombs nabbed in Samaria - Israel Hayom
Israeli security forces arrested a Palestinian from the Jenin refugee camp on Sunday who was found to be carrying two pipe bombs.
The would-be terrorist was detained while trying to smuggle the explosives into the Samaria Military Court.
Israeli troops stationed at the court asked the suspect to remove his coat after he aroused their suspicion. They discovered one pipe bomb on his person, and after searching the coat discovered a second device.
Sappers were called to the scene to disable the bombs and the courthouse was closed for precautionary reasons. (Read more)
10. 3 children injured after playing with weapon shell - Israel National News
Three children, aged 9 to 14, were injured from shrapnel on Sunday when an artillery shell with which they were playing exploded in the Kula Forest near the city of Elad in central israel.
One of them, aged 14, is in serious condition and is suffering from injuries to his upper body. The two other children, aged 9 and 11, were injured moderately.
The three were evacuated by MDA teams to Beilinson Hospital in Petah Tikva.
MDA Paramedic Mickey Nemesh and MDA Emergency Medic Elad Yisrael Shemesh said: "When we got there, there was a lot of commotion. In the open area behind the bus terminal, we saw the three children who were fully conscious and has suffered injuries all over their bodies after being injured by an explosive device. A 14-year-old was lying on the ground, and near him were two children aged about 9 and 11. (Read more)
11. Liberman: Abbas 'still alive' because of Israel-PA security coordination - Times of Israel
Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman said Friday that Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas wouldn't be alive if not for security cooperation between Israel and the PA.
"The security coordination between Israel and the Palestinians is in [Abbas's] interest no less than ours, if not more. He is still alive thanks to the security coordination," Liberman was quoted as saying by the Ynet news site. Liberman was speaking at an event in Jerusalem. (Read more)
12. Palestinians won't meet with Kushner, Greenblatt or any US officials on peace - Times of Israel
The Palestinians will not meet with any United States officials regarding the peace process in the future, in response to US President Donald Trump's recent decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, a senior diplomatic adviser to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas told The Times of Israel on Sunday.
The open-ended boycott includes Trump's top peace envoy Jason Greenblatt, who is due here this week, as well as the US leader's senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Republicans finalize tax reform bill for vote before holiday recess - Inman
The final text of the bill marking the biggest change to the U.S. tax structure in decades has been released
A final draft of highly contentious joint Republican tax reform legislation was finalized Thursday evening and locked into place Friday afternoon, clearing the way for a floor vote in the House that could happen as early as Tuesday afternoon, Congressional leaders confirmed.
"I'm confident at the end of the day, the Senate will approve this conference committee report," House Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady, a Republican, told reporters on Friday.
Once both houses of Congress vote on the finalized bill, it will go to President Trump's desk. The president has already stated it is his intention to sign the bill before Christmas. (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You that this bill is now finished and is ready to be voted upon in both houses of Congress this week. Thank You, Lord. Amen.
- "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
2. FLOODGATES OPEN: Congress 'To Be Rocked' In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming, Says Reporter - Daily Caller
An investigative reporter with The Daily Caller News Foundation (DCNF) announced on Friday that Congress' human resources scandal is about to break wide-open and predicted that over a dozen members of the House of Representatives will resign.
DCNF reporter Luke Rosiak tweeted on Friday: "Congress' human resources scandal is just getting started. I anticipate we will see the resignation of more than a dozen House members over harassment and secret settlements, and soon."
Rosiak followed that tweet with another, writing: "Mark my words, the House is going to be rocked in the coming 72 hours. Tick Tock." (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that the broom of heaven is now actively sweeping out all the debris in our government that "stinketh" in Your nostrils, leaving only purity in its place. Thank You, God!
- "Once God has spoken;
Twice I have heard this:
That power belongs to God;
And lovingkindness is Yours, O Lord,
For You recompense a man according to his work." (Psalm 62:11,12)
3. Did the FBI and the Justice Department, plot to clear Hillary Clinton, bring down Trump? - Fox News
New documents call into question integrity of FBI and DOJ
There is strong circumstantial evidence that an insidious plot unprecedented in American history was hatched within the FBI and the Obama Justice Department to help elect Hillary Clinton and defeat Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election. And when this apparent effort to improperly influence the election did not succeed, the suspected conspirators appear to have employed a fraudulent investigation of President Trump in an attempt to undo the election results and remove him as president.
Such a Machiavellian scheme would move well beyond what is known as the "deep state," a popular reference to government employees who organize in secret to impose their own political views on government policy in defiance of democratically elected leadership.
However, this apparent plot to keep Trump from becoming president and to weaken and potentially pave the way for his impeachment with a prolonged politically motivated investigation - if proven - would constitute something far more nefarious and dangerous. Such a plot would show that partisans within the FBI and the Justice Department, driven by personal animus and a sense of political righteousness, surreptitiously conspired to subvert electoral democracy itself in our country.
As of now, we have no proof beyond a reasonable doubt of such a plot. But we have very strong circumstantial evidence. (Read more)
- O righteous Father in heaven, we bring all this wicked scheme to destroy President Trump and exonerate Hillary Clinton of all charges made against her during the election. God, throw all the lies and treacherous statements under the Blood of Jesus to cancel out every false transgression against President Trump. Wipe the slate clean regarding Trump and bring to bear all the violations and wicked deeds of Mrs. Clinton enjoined by true justice. In the Name of Jesus we pray and believe for the answer to our prayer.
- "And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden." (Genesis 3:8)
"As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melts before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God." (Psalm 68:2)
4. Feminist Lawyer Promised Cash To Trump Sexual Harassment Accusers - Daily Caller
A high-profile feminist attorney promised two women they would be financially compensated for publicly accusing President Donald Trump of sexual harassment in the waning months of the 2016 presidential election. Lisa Bloom, who represented four Trump accusers - two of whom came forward, told the women she could arrange paid media appearances and secure cash from donors in exchange for their public accusations, two of her clients told The Hill.
The California attorney told one woman, who ultimately decided against coming forward, that a donor was willing to shell out as much as $750,000 for the accusation and promised another woman a donor agreed to pay off her mortgage, according to contractual documents, emails and text messages reviewed by The Hill.
In a text exchange with one of the accusers, Bloom indicates that a pro Clinton PAC might also be willing to provide financial support.
Bloom, who has represented sexual harassment accusers as well as disgraced alleged sexual abuser Harvey Weinstein, acknowledged accepting donations on behalf of her clients in order to provide for their security and relocation, in a statement to The Hill. (Read more)
- Almighty God, we pray that You will dispatch angels from heaven to come into this situation by stopping these fraudulent charges and outright attacks against President Trump by prior supporters from the Obama groups. Break the powers of darkness by the Blood of Jesus and put all these people and their false claims under high security and let every lie and accusation of sexual harassment be defeated and exposed as deceptive and surreptitious subterfuge. Bring them down to utter defeat. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "And you shall take no gift: for the gift blinds the wise and perverts the words of the righteous." (Exodus 23:8)
"A wicked man takes a gift out of the bosom to pervert the ways of judgment." (Proverbs 17:23)
5. Interior's Zinke Fires Four Officials Over 'Inappropriate Behavior' - Daily Caller
Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke has fired four senior officials at the Department of the Interior (DOI) for "inappropriate behavior" related to harassment and intimidation, the secretary announced in a Thursday video.
"It's time to acknowledge that we have a problem. Unfortunately, the survey shows that harassment, discrimination and intimidation have been a common practice at Interior," Zinke said. "A culture that tolerates such behavior tarnishes our noble mission of stewardship and breaches public trust."
Zinke rolled out an "action plan" in October for NPS to combat workplace harassment. The plan includes strengthening policies, hiring more Employee Relations and Labor Relations staff and increasing harassment training. The secretary directed other department heads to develop similar plans after the DOI report was released Thursday.
"I am speaking today to make it clear that the culture of harassment and intimidation, which this administration has inherited, has come to an end," Zinke said. (Read more)
- Lord, those who think and act as though inappropriate behavior is acceptable in the workplace or anywhere else know that this is never acceptable to You. Our society has accepted these actions for far too long. Father God, we ask that employers and employees will work together to send the message that these types of behaviors are not going to be accepted any longer and to follow through with appropriate consequences if necessary. Let our people respect You and each other. Our prayer is that those in positions to act on misconduct will step up as Mr. Zinke has done to make workplaces safer and more comfortable for everyone without any retaliation. May those acting inappropriately be drawn by the Holy Spirit to repent and begin a walk with You. In Your Name, amen.
- "Dead flies putrefy the perfumer's ointment, And cause it to give off a foul order; So does a little folly to one respected for wisdom and honor." (Ecclesiastes 10:1)
6. Trump Cuts 22 Regs for Every New One - Washington Free Beacon
The administration has cut 22 regulations for every new rule introduced, President Donald Trump announced at the White House Thursday.
Agencies and departments issued 67 deregulatory actions and imposed only three new rules in fiscal year 2017, according to senior administration officials. The number far exceeded Trump's goal through his executive order to cut two old rules for any new regulation proposed.
While making the announcement, Trump stood beside a mountain of paperwork that makes up the Federal Register. A piece of red tape connected a much smaller pile, which represented the regulatory code in 1960. "Within the first eleven months, we canceled or delayed over 1,500 planned regulatory actions, more than any previous president, by far," Trump said. "And you see the results, when you look at the stock market, the results of companies, and when you see companies coming back into our country." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that this move was promised and that the promise was fulfilled. We thank You that government control of the people of our country is being reduced and there will be more freedom to do business and live our daily lives more as the Founding Fathers envisioned. We lift You up and praise You for the promises of hope that we have in You.
- "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." (Galatians 5:1)
7. NLRB Reverses Decision Targeting Franchises - Washington Free Beacon
The nation's top labor board reversed an Obama-era decision targeting franchise businesses, but advocates and legal experts say Congress needs to take action to resolve the issue permanently.
The Democrat-controlled National Labor Relations Board, which oversees union elections and workplace disputes, overturned decades of precedent in 2015 by holding parent businesses accountable for workplace violations committed by franchisees or subcontractors. The Obama board's decision roiled the business community, particularly franchise corporations, which allow small business owners to operate under a company umbrella but do not manage day-to-day workplace policies.
A 3-2 Republican majority returned to the previous standard on Thursday ruling that an employer must exercise direct control over employees in order to be held liable for complaints. The agency said in a statement that reverting to the previous standard was essential to "promoting stability and predictability in bargaining relationships."(Read more)
- Bless You, Lord, for this wise and fair ruling holding the people who are most directly involved in an employment situation accountable for what goes on there. We thank You for the rolling back of unfair regulations that only enhance government control over business in this country. We pray for Congress to take up such regulatory matters to make them into law so that businesses will know what the standards are and not have to worry over changes every few years.
- "Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God's slaves." (1 Peter 2:16)
8. Religious schools, homeschoolers to get a boost in GOP tax plan, thanks to Ted Cruz and Mike Pence - Washington Examiner
Parents would get new federal tax breaks for sending their children to private or religious schools or teaching them at home if the final Republican tax overhaul bill becomes law.
For that, they can thank Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who offered the original amendment to extend 529 college savings plans to grade school and high school, including costs for homeschooling.
Cruz's amendment was the only one, setting aside manager's amendments, to be added on either chamber's floor. It passed as Republicans moved their bill through the Senate in the closing hours of Dec. 1. Cruz got an assist from Vice President Mike Pence, who cast the deciding vote in favor of the amendment after Republicans Lisa Murkowksi of Alaska and Susan Collins of Maine balked at the measure. (Read more)
- Hallelujah! Thank You, Father, for the financial boost by the GOP Tax Plan that will be given to parents sending children to private or religious schools or homeschooling if this bill becomes law. Praises go to Vice President Pence for his deciding vote of "Yea" for this bill. Also, to Senator Cruz for presenting the original extension of amendment 529. Bless these men as they continue to be lead by the Holy Spirit in their actions to improve the lives of parents and children. Thank You for being our faithful Father in all things. Amen.
- "The integrity of the upright will guide them, But the perversity of the unfaithful will destroy them." (Proverbs 11:3)
9. An Entire Family Now Identifies As Transgender - Daily Caller
An entire family in Arizona says every member now identifies as transgender. "It feels like you're getting to live for the first time," said Daniel Harrott, who lived most of her life as a woman and is now transitioning to male, according to KJZZ. "And my children are getting to be who they've always wanted to be," she added, explaining that her family of four is happier now that they are all living according to the identities of their choice.
Harrott's 11-year-old, Mason, is a girl but decided she wasn't her biological gender and now goes by a boy's name and sports boy's clothes. Harrott's first child, 13-year-old Joshua - who is wheelchair bound - was born a male but now also says he is not of the right body and is choosing to become a female. Joshua says he was only 6 or 7 years old when he knew he was a girl.
The children's mother, Daniel, is engaged to Shirley Austin, a man who identifies as a woman. Daniel said that Josh came out as transgender first, followed by Mason, after which Daniel felt it was okay to accept her male identity. Following their identity changes, Daniel met transgender Shirley, who joined their family to make up a family of four transgenders. (Read more)
- Almighty God, this is one of the end-time signs before the return of Jesus to the earth. This mentality defies God's creation of male and female as He made people to be. People are now replacing the sanctity of God. Lord, we pray the power of God will come upon these people and convict their conscience of this terrible sin of recreating the sex gender into the opposite of who God created them to be. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart. Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness." (Ephesians 4:18-19)
10. NRB Applauds 'Restoring Internet Freedom' FCC Action - National Religious Broadcasters
National Religious Broadcasters applauded the Federal Communications Commission's "Restoring Internet Freedom" vote today rolling back the agency's assumption of heavy-handed new powers over the internet in 2015.
Dr. Jerry A. Johnson, President & CEO of NRB, said, "I congratulate the FCC for resisting alarmism and moving to reverse the agency's unilateral assumption of power in 2015. I particularly applaud Chairman Ajit Pai for his fairness, transparency, and firm commitment to an online environment that honors freedom and welcomes innovation. While others have yielded to the intimidation games of the radical Left, Chairman Pai has stood courageously as a statesman."
Johnson added, "While the previous administration's executive power play is not the answer, there are indeed valid concerns about blocking and other forms of discrimination online. Now that the FCC has appropriately reversed course, I urge the people's representatives in Congress to take a closer look at issues like viewpoint censorship by holding hearings that survey the practices of powerful players across the entire internet ecosystem, including seemingly ubiquitous edge provider platforms." (Read more)
- Father, we rejoice knowing that these rules have now been overruled. We ask wisdom for Congress as they continue to investigate all aspects of the danger of net neutrality. In Your Name, amen.
- Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles!
Laud Him, all you peoples!
For His merciful kindness is great toward us,
And the truth of the Lord endures forever.
Praise the Lord!
11. Trump administration rolls out global campaign to combat those who overstay their visas in the US - Washington Examiner
The Trump administration will begin requiring countries with high rates of citizens overstaying select visas in the U.S. to launch campaigns educating people against breaking U.S. immigration laws, senior administration officials announced Friday.
The Department of Homeland Security introduced three new requirements relevant to the 38 countries that participate in the Visa Waiver Program, an immigration and national security partnership among America's closest allies that allows recipients to visit the U.S. without a visa for up to 90 days.
"These were part of a series of enhancements that we had looked at and considered, and we considered appropriate at this time, but there wasn't a specific threat ... that prompted this," a senior administration official told reporters Friday morning.
One consequence that the administration wants foreigners to understand is that they will not be permitted to re-enter the U.S. "visa-free" following an overstay. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray there will be strict immigration laws that will prohibit all 38 countries from breaking the law and overstaying their Visas in the United States. Enforce an all encompassing law that will bring the offenders to be exported and never allowed to return to the U.S. again. Protect our nation, Lord God, from our enemies who are not law-abiding citizens. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive." (Matthew 21:22)
12. Former U.S. Ambassadors Warn Iran Has Become Top Threat to Middle East - Washington Free Beacon
Iran has ascended as the No. 1 security concern in the Middle East following the military defeat of the Islamic States in Iraq and Syria, according to four former U.S. ambassadors to the region.
"With the ISIS threat destroyed, malign Iranian interference is now the primary security challenge facing the region," said Stuart Jones, a former ambassador to Jordan and Iraq under the Obama administration. "Iran's activities threaten the security of our strongest ally in the region, Israel, but also threaten Jordan, a crucial partner, where I had the privilege to serve, in addition to our Gulf partners."
Testifying on Thursday before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Stuart warned Iranian interference in Iraq is now at its highest levels, challenging the stability of Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi's government. (Read more)
- Father, we trust in You to put spiritual boundaries around Iran that will curtail and defeat their evil forces who threaten peace in the Middle East. God, give Israel the stamina and power to counter any attack from Iran and bring them down. You are Lord over all the Middle East and we trust Your mighty hand of power to conquer and frustrate Iran's oppression and evil intents. For we pray this in the Name of Jesus and for His glory.
- "God loves righteousness, and hates wickedness: therefore God, your God, has anointed Israel with the oil of gladness above all nations." (Psalm 45:7)
The Daily Jot
Friday, December 15, 2017
Moral revival or political civil war
Add Dustin Hoffman to the list of the accused sexual harassers. President Donald Trump continues under fire from accusations. Russell Simmons has now been accused of two rapes. The list keeps growing. Most of the cases do not have criminal or legal complaints filed with them-they are women coming forward to tell their stories long after the fact. Hollywood is overrun with "Me Too's" as woman after woman, and some men, come forward. Politics is also inundated with such stories. A Kentucky state representative committed suicide over allegations by a 17 year old. Several Congressmen have resigned. Does this latest round of moral consciousness signal a moral revival or is it a civil war?
From a political perspective, there really has been a steady stream of violators (can anyone say Bill Clinton?). The past is filled with them. The recent ones, showcased by the perversity of Democratic Congressman Anthony Weiner, seemed to be just the tip of the iceberg. In Weiner's case, however, there were charges filed and he went to jail. Since the inauguration of Trump, we have seen accusations of sexual misconduct skyrocket. It's beyond women wearing pink vagina hats in the National Mall and has reached the level that no man could have imagined. One thing for certain: Hollywood and politics have been getting away with the power sex game for decades and it's high time it is cleaned up.
Sadly, most of this is one person's word against another's because no legal complaints were filed and many accusations are several years old. It's one thing for the sex-charged movie and television industry to have these complaints-after all, how do any of them distinguish between what they are doing on screen and what happens in real life? One seems to be an extension of the other, and neither are following any moral code. But the politics is another story. Its sordid business has to do with power and money-usually taxpayer money-enabling what appears in many cases to be a tax-funded orgy atmosphere. And this gets in the way of running the government effectively, or at all.
Even worse, the campaign manager for newly-elected Democratic Senator Doug Jones from Alabama is getting accolades for winning an impossible campaign. Unfortunately, he has figured out a way to weaponize sexual misconduct accusations and totally ruin an opponent's life. This strategy will be employed repeatedly in the upcoming election cycles. When all else fails, sex will win the day. So are we seeing a moral revival or a political civil war? This is a war, no doubt. Satan is using the consequences of behavior in the hands of dubious minions to kill, steal and destroy. Jesus said in John 3:19, "And this is the condemnation, that light (Christ) is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." Let us pray that evil is exposed and those of the Light will be protected.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Praise the Lord!
Pastor Saves President Trump From a Poisonous Spider Bite in the Oval Office
Pastor Mark Burns of Harvest Praise and Worship Center in Easley, South Carolina, says he saved U.S. President Donald Trump from a poisonous spider bite when he was in the Oval Office earlier this week.
Burns posted an 11-minute video on Twitter Wednesday where he revealed that the incident took place on Monday, when he and a group of evangelical leaders presented Trump with the"Friends of Zion" Award for his decision last week to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
The pastor, who has been a strong supporter of the president, explained that he was at the Oval Office to present Trump with the award for "his courageousness," when in his peripheral vision he saw a movement going up Trump's back.
"It was this massive, huge white spider. And it was darting toward the back of his neck," Burns recalled.
He thought to himself, "can anyone else see this?"
He noted that nobody else seemed to react, and it was happening so fast that his first instinct was "kill the spider, protect Donald Trump."
Burns said that he smacked the president's back, killing the spider in the process - not an easy thing for him to do, given his fear of spiders.
"I cannot stand spiders, I have always had a fear of spiders, but because it was the president of the Untied Sates of America, and I saw it running literally toward his neck," he felt that he had to act.
Later on in the video the pastor said that it was a yellow sac spider that he killed, which according to the website VenomousSpiders.net, is poisonous. The website clarifies that the spider's bite "has mild and local cytotoxic and neurotoxic effects," though no fatal incident has ever been recorded.
Burns said that Trump is a "man's man" and that he wasn't startled by the pastor smacking him on the back, even though the room went quiet with people wondering what had happened.
The South Carolina preacher then turned to Secret Service agents and said, "please don't shoot me." When Trump asked whether the spider was dead, he presented the dead arachnid in his hand as evidence.
"I was not going to let this spider bite the president of the United Sates," he said. (Christian Post) Read more.
- Father, we do thank You for Pastor Burns' heroic actions inside the Oval Office, and we see this report as proof that the church literally "has the president's back," protecting him from danger as he governs our nation.
Lord God, we also wonder how on earth this dangerous spider could even have found its way into the Oval Office, and we ask that any ensuing investigation would reveal the breach in the wall and seal it. In Your Name, amen.
- "Station yourselves around the king, each of you with weapon in hand. Anyone who approaches your ranks is to be put to death. Stay close to the king wherever he goes." (2 Kings 11:8)
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, December 17 - Saturday, December 23, 2017
Featured teaching of the week ~ Sons of Zion v/s Sons of Greece ~ Pt 2
Torah portion reading for December 23rd:
Vayigash ~ He Approached
(Go here to listen to this teaching.)
Torah portion: Genesis 44:18-47:27
Haftorah portion (Prophets): Ezekiel 37:15-28
Gospel/New Testament: Luke 24:30-48
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, December 24 - Saturday, December 30, 2017
Featured teaching of the week ~ Sons of Zion v/s Sons of Greece ~ Pt 3
Torah portion reading for the week of December 23th:
VaYechi ~ He Lived
(To hear this teaching, go here.)
Torah portion: Genesis 47:28-50:26
Haftorah portion (Prophets): 1 Kings 2:1-12
Gospel/New Testament: John 13:1-19
> > > Want to learn about the Hebrew Roots of the Christian faith? Please go here.
More Daily Features
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
AWAY IN A MANGER
(Luther's Cradle Hymn)
"She gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped Him in cloths and placed Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." (Luke 2:7)
AWAY IN A MANGER
(Luther's Cradle Hymn)
"She gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped Him in cloths and placed Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." (Luke 2:7)
The little Lord Jesus laid down His sweet head.
The stars in the sky looked down where He lay,
The little Lord Jesus, asleep on the hay.
The cattle are lowing, the Baby awakes,
But little Lord Jesus, no crying He makes;
I love Thee, Lord Jesus, look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle till morning is nigh.
Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray;
Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care,
And fit us for Heaven to live with Thee there.
Please go here . . .
(Great for kids!)
About the Author:
Words: John T. McFarland
Melody: James R. Murray, 1887
Signs and Wonders
Strong earthquake strikes Indonesia; 3 dead
Three people were killed and seven others injured when a strong earthquake hit Indonesia late Friday, authorities said.
The 6.5-magnitude quake was centered in Cipatujah, in the western part of Java, the US Geological Survey said, at a depth of 91.9 kilometers (about 57 miles). Residents felt the quake about 190 miles away (305 kilometers) in the capital of Jakarta, where people briefly evacuated to the ground floor of their high-rises.
Tremors were also felt in the cities of Bandung, more than 63.5 miles away (102.1 kilometers) and Yogyakarta, more than 211 miles away (339.9 kilometers), authorities said.
Most residents returned to their homes on Saturday and they were advised to seek temporary shelter if their dwellings aren't safe. Several aftershocks continue to be felt in the areas hit by the quake, emergency officials said.
An earthquake on December 7, 2016, struck Indonesia's Aceh province in Sumatra and killed at least 100 people. (Read more)
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
The Good News Corner
Messianic Jewess Sings for Jesus on Israeli TV
A 22-year-old Messianic Jewess has received overwhelming support in her first audition on route to represent Israel in the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest. Tslil Goldman, whose name in Hebrew means musical note, received one of the highest scores during the live televised program where viewers from across the country vote for who they want to sing for Israel at the international song competition which will be broadcast from Portugal in 2018. Eurovision is one of the longest-running television programs in the world with audience figures in recent years estimated as high as 600 million internationally.
For a Messianic Jew to be considered to represent Israel in the international competition is remarkable, and demonstrates that while most religious Jews, and many of Israel's older generation remain unwilling, the younger generation in Israel have embraced us.
When Tslil was initially contacted to find out if she was interested in participating in the competition, the usual 15 minute interview turned into an hour long discussion about her faith in Yeshua. "The producer was fascinated with my faith in Yeshua," Tslil told me. "She wanted to know more not only for the competition, but because it was a personal interest for her."
During months of interviews leading up to the first live competition,everyone was as interested in Tslil's faith as in her extraordinary singing abilities. "I was mostly asked about my faith in Yeshua and about God. My life seemed strange to them. We are a Jewish family who believe in Yeshua and we are 13 children in our family. We never had a television and I have never even seen the Eurovision Song Competition," she told me.
When the big night finally arrived, just before Tslil was about to perform, the master of ceremonies asked her father and brothers and sisters who had come with her to talk about their faith in Yeshua on the live broadcast. The family talked openly about Yeshua the Messiah, and that Jewish people who believe in him don't need to become Christians but can live as Jews. Her public expression of faith in Yeshua did not stop hundreds of thousands of viewers from around the country to send in their votes for Tslil to represent Israel at the upcoming Eurovision competition. She scored 88%, one of the highest of all participants ever on the program.
Anyone who knows Tslil would never have imagined that she would be able to perform in front of large audiences, let alone on live television. A family crisis had left the young girl without a mother, a confused father and without God in her life. When her childhood friend died in a car crash, Tslil was devastated and overcome regular panic attacks which became a frightening reality in her young life. After years of teenage despondency, Tslil eventually found her way back to faith in God and Yeshua. "Now when I look out over the crowds I am nervous, but not afraid. I see the people, people I love. And I know I have a purpose to be here, for Yeshua," she shared.
Tslil loves Israel and her Jewish identity in Yeshua is important to her. She will not work on the Sabbath, which according to the commandment includes not lighting fire traditionally understood to mean not turning on lights or using electronic devises including telephones. She served in the Israeli Defense Forces where she worked with troubled teenaged girls who live in a government hostel. She still keeps in touch with some of the girls and tries to encourage them.
Since her successful performance, Tslil has been offered numerous contracts to work with Israeli musicians, but she refuses to use her musical talents anywhere that does not honor God. In the meantime, young people from all over Israel are contacting her on Facebook to talk about her Messianic faith. Tslil also travels around the country with a local circus performing on stilts, a skill she learned as a child, and waits for another chance to sing for Yeshua.
(Source: Beit Immanuel Messianic Jewish Congregation in Tel-Aviv)
No link available for this story.
Worship With Us Today!
Natalie Grant - I Believe
What a beautiful Christmas song this is, written and performed by Natalie Grant! We all know the Christmas story as it's described in the Bible, and how wonderful it is to believe that it's more than a fable, more than a fairy tale. God came to earth to live among us and to save us. That's what Christmas is all about. Thank you Father for loving us so much that you did this for us.
To worship with us today, please go here . . .
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at email@example.com for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]
Pray for America!
Now you can join the Salt & Light Council, praying for our nation six days each week on a conference line!
Repentance and Restoration Prayer Line
For many years now, the Salt & Light Council has sponsored this outstanding half-hour of prayer, six days per week, with additional time available for Bible reading and fellowship.
We are delighted to make this "hidden treasure" available to all of you who make up our CHPP family.
You can also view their daily prayer calendar by going here.
The following press release was issued by the Salt and Light Council. Praise the Lord!
This is a 30 minute national conference prayer call offered Monday through Saturday. We pray daily for our President, Cabinet, Supreme Court, one or two state legislatures, preambles, plus a moral topic and Israel. All are welcome to participate in prayer for our nation. Fellowship and Bible reading is optional for those who would like to remain on the line. The call is hosted by The Salt & Light Council.
605-468-8015 / Access Code 338083#
Monday - Saturday
8:30 am PT 9:30 am MT
10:30 am CT 11:30 am ET