We will publish this (Monday) edition of the Daily Brief shortly after midnight tonight, so that we can continue to cover President Trump and his entourage in aggressive, strategic prayer. It is now very early morning in Riyadh, and Air Force One is expected to lift off shortly for its next stop: Tel Aviv, ISRAEL. Thank you.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 22, 2017
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 22, 2017
"Cursed be everyone who curses you, And blessed be those who bless you!"
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
President Trump Visits Israel
President Trump Visits Israel
Will arrive this morning in Tel Aviv; then go directly to JERUSALEM
1. Netanyahu: "Israel Welcomes Trump With Open Arms" - Breaking Israel News
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has ordered a stepping-up of welcome overtures to President Donald Trump, scheduled to arrive in Israel for his first state visit on Monday afternoon.
After Saudi Arabia greeted the president on Saturday with lavish shows of friendship and national solidarity, including awards, billboards, air shows, cannons, trumpets and even a royal welcome - 81-year-old King Salman personally met Trump on the tarmac, an honor he had not extended to predecessor Barack Obama - Israel decided to level up its own diplomatic game.
Instead of a short and simple handshake ceremony upon Trump's landing at Ben Gurion airport, the president will be met by the heads of state, including Netanyahu and President Reuven Rivlin, as well as a full complement of government ministers, whom Netanyahu ordered to attend on Sunday.
"This is President Trump's first visit outside the US, and the honor is ours that he has chosen to come to Jerusalem, the capital of Israel, and - of course - to the State of Israel," Netanyahu said in Sunday's cabinet meeting. (Read more)
"And thus ye shall say: All hail! and peace be both unto thee, and peace be to thy house, and peace be unto all that thou hast." I Samuel 25:6 (The Israel Bible)
2. Trump Will Be First Sitting President Ever to Visit Western Wall - Breaking Israel News
When President Trump visits Jerusalem's Western Wall, one of the holiest Jewish sites in the world, during his trip to Israel next week, he will be the first-ever sitting US president to do so.
While every president since George H.W. Bush has visited the last standing remnant of the Holy Temple compound, also known as the Kotel, none have gone during their time in office. George H.W. Bush visited in 1998, nearly ten years after he ended his term; successor Bill Clinton did the same in 2013.
President Trump is scheduled to make the Old City his first stop after landing at Ben Gurion Airport on May 22. Under extremely tight security - 10,000 members of the Israeli police will take part in "Operation Blue Shield" protecting the president - Trump and his family will visit the Western Wall and likely pray at the holy site. (Read more)
"Then Chizkiyahu turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto Hashem." Isaiah 38:2 (The Israel Bible)
3. The President's Itinerary (short form) - 24/7 Prayer Network
- Meeting with Israeli President Reuven Rivlin / laying wreath at the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial / visit to the Israel Museum in the Givat Ram neighborhood of Jerusalem.
- Meeting between President Trump and Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu in the afternoon.
- Private dinner Monday evening with the President and First Lady Melania Trump as guests of the Prime Minister and his wife Sara
- As we continue to pray for the President and his entourage . . . we speak out complete coverage and protection until they depart Saudi Arabia and arrive in Israel on Monday. We pray that he has time to rest and recover his strength and to prepare to face to any "religious" spirits that seek control over Jerusalem. Amen!
4. The President's Itinerary (long form) - Insight for Intercessors
There will be a formal welcome ceremony and greetings after the President's plane lands at Ben Gurion Airport. Not long after landing, there will be a tree planting ceremony at the President's residence shortly after the US President arrives in Jerusalem. At some point there will be a time of prayer at the Wailing Wall in the Old City (which possibly will be shared with the Prime Minister of Israel). Bibi will have a private meeting with Trump at 6 PM Monday at the King David Hotel, before the President, and his wife Melania, will accompany Bibi to the Prime Minister's residence to have dinner with him, and his wife, Sarah. The rest of the Trump entourage will be having dinner at the King David Hotel, hosted by Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman.
Tuesday morning's meetings (which might include a meeting with Abbas in Bethlehem) will be followed by a visit to the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum, before the whole entourage goes to the Israel National Museum. Here is where Trump will deliver his major address.
After the closing ceremonies at the airport at 4 PM (the eve of Jerusalem Day, and the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem, back into Jewish hands), the US President will fly to Rome to visit with the Pope. Keep in mind that the items on Trump's Israel schedule could change or be rearranged without notice; but at least we have an idea regarding how and when to pray.
Prayers for this trip (From Insight for Intercessors) - Part One
- Pray for COMPLETE safety for all of the Trump team . . . especially for Donald and the first lady.
- Pray that the Lord would clean the Islamic "dust" off of Trump off before he arrives in Israel. Renew his mind, Lord, after this sojourn in Saudi Arabia. Realign his heart to that of YHVH.
- Pray for the Lord to speak to Donald Trump through his wife . . . revealing things that he may have missed or misunderstood . . . even warning him as Pilate's wife once did before Yeshua's crucifixion.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would be poured out upon the entire Trump entourage. Bring s visitation as well as a revelation, Lord!
- Pray for the Lord to direct the minds, hearts, and reporting of the press and media . . . apprehending all the individuals, which are covering the President's tour. Pray that all the false reporting would stop, and that all false accusations would be exposed and shamed.
- Pray that the Lord will protect the Presidential visit celebrations, as well as the Jerusalem Day celebration throughout the Land.
- Pray that Trump will not pressure the Israeli government to halt settlement construction. That would put him on the wrong side of the Lord's edict for the Jews to build the Land, when they return.
(Tomorrow: Part Two)
5. (Breaking) Priebus to make early return to Washington, job status in question - Fox Business
Reince Priebus is making an early return to the White House after traveling with President Trump on his first overseas trip, fueling speculation that the administration is in a crisis and that his position as chief of staff could be in peril.
The White House confirmed to FOX Business that Priebus would be heading back to Washington D.C. after the stop in Saudi Arabia, part of the president's visit to the Middle East, and insisted this was always part of the administration's plan.
Natalie Strom, assistant press secretary at the White House, told FOX Business, "It has always been planned for Reince to return to Washington following the Saudi Arabia portion of the trip. It's a big week in D.C. for the president's agenda with our budget release coming soon and discussions continuing on tax reform, so he's needed back at home for that." (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask for journeying mercies to be with Rience Priebus as he returns to Washington today, and for your perfect will to be done in his life. In Your name, amen.
- "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
Focus on Israel
1. Embassy decision coming 'after Trump visit,' US official says - Jerusalem Post
WASHINGTON -- US President Donald Trump will decide whether to move the American embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem after visiting the region next week, and based in part on what he learns on the ground, a US official told The Jerusalem Post on Thursday.
The official spoke on the matter one day after Bloomberg reported that Trump had already decided against the move.
Trump campaigned on a promise to relocate the embassy - a move that would roil the Arab world, but elate the government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the conservative American Jewish organizations that have been consulting his White House. (Read more)
- Abba, we ask that You give President Trump wisdom about his decision to move the American embassy or not. We pray for Your timing in his decision and pray for him to walk in Your will. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
2. Top Fatah official: Time for two embassies in Jerusalem - Jerusalem Post
Top Fatah official Jibril Rajoub on Thursday welcomed US President Donald Trump's decision to hold off from moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
"This is a responsible and rational decision," Rajoub told The Jerusalem Post in a phone interview. "The American president clearly understands that the issue of Jerusalem is complex and should be resolved in the framework of a final agreement."
A senior White House official said Trump decided "not to immediately move the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem," Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday.
Trump will have to sign a presidential waiver by June 1st to prevent the relocation of the US embassy. US law requires that the embassy be moved to the capital unless the president signs a waiver to block its relocation. (Read more)
- Abba, we pray that President Trump would not even consider this idea. That would essentially be the same as dividing the city of Jerusalem. Father, we ask that leaders from other nations would stand up and join the movement to relocate embassies to Jerusalem and that they would not consider this two embassies idea. We pray in the mighty name of Yeshua, amen.
3. What has changed that Israel went from ecstasy over Trump to near-mourning? - Jerusalem Post
On November 9, the day after the presidential election in the United States, Education Minister Naftali Bennett released a statement congratulating Donald Trump on his victory.
"The era of a Palestinian state is over," Bennett glowed at the time. "Trump's victory is an opportunity for Israel to immediately retract the notion of a Palestinian state... This is the position of the president- elect, as written in his platform, and it should be our policy, plain and simple."
Other members of the cabinet joined the celebrations.
Likud Minister Ofir Akunis, for example, called to immediately increase settlement construction in the West Bank. Other ministers focused their praise on what they believed would be the imminent transfer of the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray for peace for the people and leaders of Israel. We ask that You would move in their hearts and help them understand their need to seek and trust You. We pray in the name of Yeshua, amen.
4. US Lawmakers Pass Bill Requiring Greater Oversight on European Antisemitism
JNS.org - The US House of Representatives unanimously passed legislation requiring greater State Department reporting on European antisemitism.
The bill, known as the Combating European Anti-Semitism Act of 2017, requires enhanced annual reporting to Congress on antisemitic incidents in Europe, the safety and security of European Jews, and efforts by the US to partner with European entities to combat antisemitism.
The bill will now head to the Senate and eventually President Donald Trump for approval. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we thank You for this bill. We ask that You move on the hearts and minds of the members of the Senate and President Trump to finish passing it. This bill would keep the acts of anti-Semitism toward Your children in front of our eyes. We pray this would make the Nations more accountable and have a greater desire to protect the Jewish people in Europe, as well as keep our leaders more aware of what could happen more here in our own land. We pray this in the name of Yeshua, amen.
5. Bridges for Peace: Israel Prayer Update
To read this week's edition, go here.
6. Insight for Intercessors: Weekly Prayer Update
To read this update, go here.
> > > Please note: this week's Insight report features excellent, in-depth information, tracking every day of President Trump's journey this week. Don't miss this one!
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Trump tells Middle East: step up in fight over 'Islamist extremism' - Reuters
U.S. President Donald Trump called on Arab leaders to do their share to fight "Islamist extremism" on Sunday in a speech that put the burden on the region to combat militant groups while urging unity among religions.
Trump, who generated controversy with his push to ban many Muslims from entering the United States, described the fight against terrorism as a battle between good and evil rather than a clash of civilizations.
"This is a battle between barbaric criminals who seek to obliterate human life, and decent people of all religions who seek to protect it," Trump will say in the speech, according to excerpts of the speech released by the White House. (Read more)
Read the text of his speech here.
- Father God, President Trump has now brought all of us into a brave new world, filled with hope and promise. We ask that these 70 kings in the Middle East would, indeed, form a new coalition for the express purpose of fighting terrorism and ISIS in the days ahead. Let there be an amazing new alliance formed through STRENGTH as, together, we confront those who endanger our lives. In Your name, amen.
- "The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
2. Trump in Saudi Arabia signs $110B arms deal with Persian Gulf ally - Fox News
President Trump in Saudi Arabia on Saturday signed a nearly $110 billion arms deal to help the Persian Gulf ally with its military-defense system.
"That was a tremendous day," Trump said after signing the deal with Saudi leader King Salman. "Tremendous investments in the United States. Hundreds of billions of dollars of investments into the United States and jobs, jobs, jobs."
The White House says the package includes defense equipment and other support to help the Arab nation and the rest of the Gulf region fight again terrorism and the threat of a nuclear-armed Iran, according to the White House. (Read more)
- Almighty God, we pray earnestly that this massive amount of received from Saudi Arabia will be channeled in the right direction and not be used against Israel. Father, we ask that the Holy Spirit guide King Salman to spend this money on its intended purpose - for the defense of Saudi Arabia only. We pray in the holy Name of Jesus and thank You for Your divine protection. Amen.
- "Again, I tell you truly that if two of you on the earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven. 20For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them." (Matthew 18:19,20)
3. In Saudi Arabia, Tillerson argues Iran is Trump's top Gulf region concern - Fox News
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Saturday in Saudi Arabia that the focal point of President Trump's visit to the Gulf nation is to curb the threat of neighboring Iran, while putting much of the burden on recently reelected Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.
"Rouhani has a new term," Tillerson said at a press conference in the Saudi capital of Riyadh. "And he could use that term to dismantle a network of terrorism. That's what we hope he does."
Tillerson, well known in Saudi Arabia for his visits as ExxonMobil's chief executive, said the United States also hopes Rouhani puts an end to ballistic missile testing and restores freedom of speech in his country. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we pray that the trust President Trump has shown toward the Islamic nation of Saudi Arabia will be reciprocal and they prove each day to be trustworthy of the confidence that our President has shown by this massive monetary investment. We pray that President Rouhani will act quickly to dismantle a network of terrorism. Impart that into his heart, Lord God. By the Blood of Jesus, bind all evil intentions that the enemy might put in his mind so there be no treacherous acts or plans. We put our trust in God and pray in the Name of Jesus and thank You for answering this prayer.
- "You, O Lord, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and You are exalted as head above all." (I Chronicles 29:11)
4. Fired FBI Chief Comey to Testify Publicly in Congress - Newsmax
James Comey, the former FBI chief whose firing by President Donald Trump has triggered uproar, has agreed to testify publicly about Russian interference in the 2016 elections, lawmakers announced Friday.
"I hope that former Director Comey's testimony will help answer some of the questions that have arisen since Director Comey was so suddenly dismissed by the president," the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, Mark Warner, said in a statement. "Director Comey served his country with honor for many years, and he deserves an opportunity to tell his story. Moreover, the American people deserve an opportunity to hear it."
Both Warner and the committee's chairman, Richard Burr, indicated they were looking forward to Comey's testimony about Russian interference in the November 8 presidential elections that saw Trump secure the White House by scoring the electoral college, though Democratic rival Hillary Clinton won the popular vote.
No date has yet been set for the open session hearing, though the statement said it would take place after the Memorial Day holiday, May 29. (Read more)
- Father, President Trump's firing of Mr. Comey has opened the windows of opportunity for truth to prevail. This Senate Committee should take a look back at the fact that Mr. Comey, in the end, could find no fault with Mrs. Clinton's handling of her emails, for example. This issue "Does matter." Truth is truth. Lies are lies. Let nothing be hidden from Your servants, Lord. We ask this in Your name. Amen.
- "Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; Mercy and truth go before Your face." (Psalm 89:14)
5. Intel officials scoff at hype over Trump's reported sharing of information with Russians - Washington Times
Some of America's top intelligence officials are expressing frustration at the wave of media hysteria that has greeted reports that President Trump may have shared sensitive intelligence with top Russian diplomats last week, with some saying a handful of news organizations are guilty of hyping what amounts to a nonstory. Critics of the story, which has consumed official Washington, say Mr. Trump was within his rights as commander in chief to share classified intelligence as he sees fit. They also say the criticism overlooks how President Obama and his top aides shared intelligence with Russia in the fight against the Islamic State group and faced several crises of their own with damaging intelligence leaks.
"People are making way too big a deal of this," one senior U.S. intelligence official told The Washington Times on Wednesday after reports that Mr. Trump jeopardized a critical Islamic State intelligence source - reportedly cultivated by Israel - by revealing highly classified information to Russia's foreign minister and ambassador during a meeting in the Oval Office.
"First of all, it was the Obama administration that started the policy of intelligence-sharing with the Russians about the specific problem of ISIS in Syria, and there was no secret that such sharing was going on," said the official, who spoke only on the condition of anonymity. "Second, the president can say whatever he wants because he's the president - assuming he said something sensitive, that's entirely up to his judgment." (Read more)
- Lord God, we trust that President Trump's decision to share sensitive intelligence with the Russians will not backfire and be used against America. By the power of the Blood of Jesus, disable any evil intentions against our President by the Russians or by the media. We trust the intelligence of our President that he used wisdom during their discussions. God, close the mouths of those who sow evil. We pray in the Name of Jesus. Amen.
- "The Lord God has given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary; He wakens morning by morning, He wakens my ear to hear as the learned." (Isaiah 50:4)
6. Harvard Study Reveals Huge Extent Of Anti-Trump Media Bias - ZeroHedge.com
A major new study out of Harvard University has revealed the true extent of the mainstream media's bias against Donald Trump.They found that the tone of some outlets was negative in as many as 98% of reports, significantly more hostile than the first 100 days of the three previous administrations. The academics based their study on seven US outlets and three European ones. In America they analyzed CNN, NBC, CBS, Fox News, the New York Times, the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal. They also took into account the BBC, the UK's Financial Times and the German public broadcaster ARD.
Every outlet was negative more often than positive.
Only Fox News, which features some of Trump's most enthusiastic supporters and is often given special access to the President, even came close to positivity. Fox was ranked 52% negative and 48% positive. - "Fair and Balanced" indeed. (Read more)
- Lord God in heaven, You are fully aware that the media in America is owned by the wealthy shadow government who are steered by evil forces of darkness to spread lies about Donald Trump, with the intent to take him down. But GOD, You are righteous and holy and will dispatch holy angels from heaven to fight against this evil over all the media. We pray You will surround President Trump and all his administration with the powerful hand of God and bring down their enemies. We pray in the Name of Jesus the Christ and give thanks for answering this prayer. Amen.
- "Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them out of their distresses." (Psalm 107:6)
7. Republicans fearing for their safety as anger, threats mount - The Hill
A growing number of House Republicans are facing physical threats from angry constituents in their districts, leading many to fear for their safety.
In the last few weeks alone, the FBI arrested a man threatening Rep. Martha McSally's (Ariz.) life; a woman pursued Rep. David Kustoff (Tenn.) with her car, and Rep. Thomas Garrett (Va.) heightened security at a recent town hall in response to death threats.
Other Republicans still holding town halls say they haven't felt physically threatened by protesters, but they worry about the depth of anger from some constituents in the polarized environment and what it means for political civility. (Read more)
- Father, we continue to lift this need before Your Throne of Grace, and we ask that You unleash Your "body guard" angels to protect all members of Congress -- House and Senate -- and from both sides of the aisle. Infuse each one with such a spirit of "NO FEAR" that this distraction be dismissed out of hand, and the work of our democratic republic will go forward. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)
8. Leftist protest group 'March For Truth' announces anti-Trump demonstrations in 50+ cities on Sat, June 3rd - Alerts USA
Militant leftist anti-Trump protests that will span most of the 'summer of rage' are being organized across the U.S.. The first major wave of demonstrations will take place Sat, June 3rd, 2017 in more than 50 cities. Law enforcement agencies nationwide are preparing for violence. Multiple national protest organizations are operating under a common, publicly stated agenda; "Trump must Go By Any Means Necessary. No Business as Usual Until He is Defeated."
A list of the June 3rd protests can be found at this link.
Given the increasingly violent thrashing from the left over the election loss, AlertsUSA urges subscribers to be security minded as we move into summer. Take a few min daily to stay informed of local events. As has been seen with increasing frequency over the last 12 months alone, being caught in a downtown area when Social Justice Warriors and paid agitators are marching can be extremely dangerous, not to mention a massive inconvenience given the new tactic of blocking freeways and other major thoroughfares.
As always, AlertsUSA will keep you informed of where violence breaks out, but it is up to you to be proactive in staying on top of potential risks in your locality.
- Lord God, You are almighty over all the earth and we cry out to You to pour holy rain of fire and brimstones upon each and every one of the 50 events (but not the people involved) planned for the "summer of rage" incitements. God, defeat the handiwork of satan and all his emissaries. Cover him with the presence of holy angels that no evil can touch him. Visit his enemies with a vision of Jesus, Son of God, that their souls be saved. In the mighty Name of Jesus we pray and give You thanks. Amen.
- "Hold not Your peace, O God of my praise; for the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue. They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fight against me without a cause." (Psalm 109:1-3)
9. Planned Parenthood announces closure of half its New Mexico facilities - liveaction.org
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains has announced that it will close three of its six New Mexico facilities this year, citing financial considerations as its reason. Of the six centers in the state, locations in Nob Hill (Albuquerque), Rio Rancho, and Farmington will be shuttered. None of these facilities commit abortions. The three remaining centers include the Santa Fe Health Center, which does commit abortions, as well as the Albuquerque Surgical Center, which seems to exist for abortion, as well as to train future abortionists (from the University of New Mexico). These Planned Parenthood closures are part of the same round of closures that include shuttering the last Planned Parenthood in Wyoming, as Live Action News reported on Wednesday. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for every life that will be saved because these Planned Parenthood locations are closing. Our prayers will continue until every clinic, center, facility or whatever name that is used will be closed and there will be no more abortions allowed in our nation. These prayers include the abortions done on the black market also. Your name is praised and You are honored. Thank You sweet and Holy Jesus, amen.
- "I will lift up my eyes to the hills - From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1)
10. Trump: 'Walls Work. Just Ask Israel' - CNSNews.com
In a joint press conference with Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos, President Donald Trump issued a short direct answer to whether his proposal to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border will be a positive step towards stopping the flow of drugs across the border - "Walls work. Just ask Israel."
Trump's response followed that of Santos, who said, "I believe that the best way to fight the drug trafficking is by collaborating. This is not a problem of Colombia only or a problem of the United States only. It's a world problem, and we have to all work together. We declared the war on drugs 40 years ago. The world declared war on drugs, and it's a war that had not been won, so we must be more effective and more efficient," Santos said. Santos said the U.S. and Colombia must work together to fight drug trafficking. He said his country has already made great strides in this effort - destroying 22,000 laboratories in the Colombian jungles and seizing cocaine in transit. (Read more)
- God Almighty, put Your blessing on the construction of the wall on our southern border if that is Your will. Give President Trump Your wisdom and knowledge in his decision on building this wall. Your ways are perfect. May Your name be glorified. Thank You, Father for leading our President. In Your Name, amen.
- "But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in him." (1 John 2:27)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Analysis of the deep state danger
Published on Tuesday, May 17, 2017
WASH-May 17-KIN-While I do not have any first hand, eyewitness information about FBI Director James Comey's firing or what President Donald Trump told the Russian Ambassador about the Islamic State, I can draw some conclusions about the frenzied firestorm facing Trump and the White House. It appears that there is a concerted effort by career employees within "government" to undermine a duly elected president from within. In addition, the Democratic Party is stirring the pot to foment revolution from the outside-primarily using spokespersons from the two states who overwhelmingly opposed Trump in the election-Communists/Progressives Maxine Waters from California and Chuck Schumer of New York.
Here's how it is working: The US has one of, if not the most, conniving, deceptive, and I must say, effective, spy organizations in the world as supported by unelected agencies such as the FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, NSA, DIA, etc., etc. They are employing their cunning to topple this duly-elected Administration. The very idea of security-cleared intelligence insiders leaking to the Washington Post details of the conversation between Trump and the Russian Ambassador is an indicator of this. Others in the room point-blank said these unnamed sources' accounts were wrong. But it doesn't matter, the seed was planted in the media and has served its purpose.
> > > To read this entire article, please go here.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Friday, May 19, 2017
The growing civil war in America
A professor at the University of Hawaii wants to eliminate white men from academia because she believes "actual solutions require women of color and trans people." In a blog for the American Mathematical Society, Assistant Professor of Mathematics Piper Harron, a black female, wrote, "If you are a white cis man (meaning you identify as male and you were assigned male at birth) you almost certainly should resign from your position of power...Not to alarm you, but statistically speaking, you are the problem. Your very presence." While these remarks seem incredulous, they are indicative of a growing civil war fomented by Marxists (progressives and liberals) to overthrow America.
> > > Read the rest of this article here.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, May 21 - Saturday, May 27, 2017
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
THE LOVE OF GOD
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?" (Romans 8:35)
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?" (Romans 8:35)
The love of God is greater far Than tongue or pen can ever tell; It goes beyond the highest star, And reaches to the lowest hell; The guilty pair, bowed down with care, God gave His Son to win; His erring child He reconciled, And pardoned from his sin.
O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints' and angels' song.
When years of time shall pass away, And earthly thrones and kingdoms fall, When men, who here refuse to pray, On rocks and hills and mountains call, God's love so sure, shall still endure, All measureless and strong; Redeeming grace to Adam's race- The saints' and angels' song.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, And were the skies of parchment made, Were every stalk on earth a quill, And every man a scribe by trade, To write the love of God above, Would drain the ocean dry. Nor could the scroll contain the whole, Though stretched from sky to sky.
Please go here.
(Sung by Mercy Me)
About the Author:
Words and Music: Frederick M. Lehman, 1917
Lehman wrote this song in 1917 in Pasadena, California, and it was published in Songs That Are Different, Volume 2, 1919. The lyrics are based on the Jewish poem Haddamut, written in Aramaic in 1050 by Meir Ben Isaac Nehorai, a cantor in Worms, Germany; they have been translated into at least 18 languages.
About the hymn:
One day, during short intervals of inattention to our work, we picked up a scrap of paper and, seated upon an empty lemon box pushed against the wall, with a stub pencil, added the (first) two stanzas and chorus of the song. Since the lines (3rd stanza from the Jewish poem) had been found penciled on the wall of a patient's room in an insane asylum after he had been carried to his grave, the general opinion was that this inmate had written the epic in moments of sanity.
Frederick M. Lehman, "History of the Song, The Love of God," 1948
Signs and Wonders
This isn't a cicada year, so why are they now showing up across the Mid-Atlantic?
Cicadas overwhelm tree branches across the Mid-Atlantic once every 17 years, like clockwork. But something - some suspect it's climate change - could be sounding their alarm clocks four years early.
In recent days, the red-eyed, nugget-shaped insects have been spotted crawling out from beneath trees from Northern Virginia to Bel Air, Md., in large - though not overwhelming - numbers. The phenomenon is confusing entomologists, who weren't expecting to see many of the screeching insects in the region until 2021.
Small numbers of cicadas can sometimes grow fast enough to emerge four years early. But there were 1,000 reports of cicadas up and down the Interstate 95 corridor on just two recent days, more than scientists expected.
Cicada lovers are wondering whether the numerous reports are simply a sign of how easy the Internet has made it to track the periodic rite of spring - or whether climate change is nudging more cicadas to venture aboveground early.
Scientists are asking residents to help them figure it out, using online reporting tools that didn't exist during earlier cicada cycles. They're collecting reports of cicada activity, which could continue for the next month, and also memories of how those conditions compare to past cicada seasons.
Cicada swarms are impossible to miss when they arrive in earnest every 17 years, numbering in the billions or trillions, according to Mike Raupp, an entomologist at the University of Maryland at College Park.
A group known as Brood X last covered tree branches - and eventually sidewalks - across Maryland in 2004. A separate class, Brood VI, is now blanketing parts of the Carolinas and Georgia. (Washington Post)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
(Casper, WY) - [LifeSiteNews] The state of Wyoming will soon be rid of America's largest abortion provider.
Planned Parenthood has announced that it will close its last facility, in Casper, on July 21. That location had been in business for 40 years.
Wyoming will then join North Dakota as the only states without Planned Parenthood.
The Casper closure is one of six imminent closings for Planned Parenthood's Rocky Mountain region (PPRM). New Mexico is due to lose three facilities, probably in September, the Santa Fe New Mexican reports. Other Planned Parenthood facilities are slated to close in Colorado and southern Nevada.
"In Your Presence"- Elevation Worship
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]