Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, December 1, 2014
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you . . ." (John 14:27a)
The Daily Brief
1. Black Ferguson Residents Armed with AR-15s Save White Owner's Business - Breitbart
A group of black Ferguson residents armed with AR-15s and other weapons stood guard around a Conoco station, owned by a white man, and saved it from being burned after looters began wreaking havoc on November 24. Because of the armed citizens, the Conoco was not only spared, but the owner did not even have to board up the station's windows.
According to Reuters, one of the men guarding the station was 37-year-old "Derrick Jordan--'Stretch,' as his friends call him." He arrived in front of the Conoco, pulled out an AR-15, and stood guard at the store's entrance. He was joined by three other black residents on November 25--all of whom had "pistols tucked into their waistbands" and all of whom took up positions around the Conoco.Other armed black men joined Jordan and the others from time to time to help keep guard. They protected not only the building, but also citizens who pulled up to get gas.
Store owner Doug Merello said, "We would have been burned to the ground many times over if it weren't for them."
Jordan and the others said they did not get paid to stand guard. Rather, they did it because Merello had "employed many of them over the years and treats them with respect." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise for this report. If people treat other people with respect and decency, this can become a two-way action. May this understanding and revelation continue to grow among our people so that we judge people based on their actions and character, and respect others regardless of racial background. Have mercy, Father, and help us to grow in this manner. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." (Matthew 7:12)
2. How low can it go? Oil, gas prices in freefall as OPEC reels from US fracking - Fox News
Drivers paying less at the pump due to free-falling oil prices can thank the U.S. energy boom for generating shale oil - and weakening OPEC's ability to keep the cost of a gallon of gas high. In just a matter of months, the price of a barrel of oil has dropped from more than $100 to about $70, and gas is now cheaper than it has been in years. But a recent report conducted for the American Petroleum Institute claimed oil would cost twice as much as it does now if it weren't for America's fracking boom, which wrings oil and natural gas out of shale miles underground. But the next question could be whether the fracking industry can survive the low prices it brought. "The shale boom is on a par with the dot-com boom," Russian oil baron Leonid Fedun of OAO Lukoil told Bloomberg. "The strong players will remain, the weak ones will vanish." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we may be thankful for the decrease in gasoline prices, but we are uncertain about the long term repercussions of this price drop on global economies. We thank You in advance for directing us as to how to pray over this. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I." (Psalm 61:1-2)
3. Prisoners get millions from IRS in bogus refund claims, watchdog finds - Fox News
Hundreds of thousands of prisoners are filing phony tax refund claims and the IRS is not doing enough to quash the problem, according to a watchdog report. The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) said in its report Tuesday that refund fraud associated with prisoner Social Security numbers is a "significant problem" for the tax agency that is only getting worse over time.
According to the report, more than 137,000 phony tax returns were filed in 2012 using a prisoner's Social Security number to the tune of $1 billion. While many of the fake refunds were flagged and prevented by the agency, the IRS issued $70 million in bogus refunds. This was a significant increase from 2007, when more than 37,000 fake tax returns were filed for amounts equaling $166 million. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we bring this criminal scheme before Your throne and ask that this fraud be investigated more carefully so that bogus refunds become 'a thing of the past'. Have mercy, Father, as our nation appears to be spiraling out of control in so many ways. We ask You to rise up and confront the people who have the positions to monitor and find this fraud, so that this criminal behavior will shrink to nothing. We ask this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.' They are corrupt, and have done abominable iniquity; there is none who does good." (Psalm 53:1)
4. Medical Costs Drive Record High Number of Americans to Delay Treatment - TownHall.com
One in three Americans has delayed seeking medical treatment due to its high cost, according to a recent Gallup poll. This marks the highest percentage ever recorded in the 14-year history of the survey question.
Despite President Obama's dream of providing affordable health care coverage for all, fewer and fewer Americans are able to get the coverage they need.
Even Upper-class Americans (those making more than $75K) were deterred by health care costs. Between 2013 and this year, there was an 11 percent increase in treatment delay among wealthier Americans.
What's more, the costs are not merely discouraging people from running to the Doctor for every little sneeze and cough. The survey found that Americans are becoming increasingly more likely (22 percent) to put off treatment for a "very" or "somewhat serious" condition or illness. Twice the number recorded (11 percent) for non-serious conditions. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, increasingly we hear more reports of how this US governmental health care law is so costly and destructive for the people of this nation. We fall before Your throne, seeking mercy Father! We ask that this destructive law be shut down permanently, and that a functioning and affordable health care system be restored. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "For with God nothing will be impossible." (Luke 1:37)
5. California jails see surge in drug smuggling - Deseret News
Drug smuggling is up at many California county jails and one reason, sheriff's officials say, is that some parolees are getting arrested just so they can try to sneak narcotics behind bars. Sheriff's departments, which run county jails, report more illegal drugs in the three years since an overhaul of the state corrections system started sending lower-level felons to county lock-ups to reduce overcrowding in state prisons. Officials say the "prison realignment" law generally has brought tougher inmates into jails and they point to a provision allowing parole violators to serve 10 days in the local jail instead of months in prison. So-called "flash incarceration," intended to give authorities a way to avoid sending parolees back to state prisons, is being used by some offenders to bring drugs, hidden inside their bodies, into county jails, sheriff's officials say. "These folks have brought with them prison politics, prison contraband, prison culture. It's very different than what the deputy sheriffs were previously used to dealing with," said Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson. "Nobody was ready for this freight train," said Christianson, president of the California State Sheriff's Association. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, here is another example of how criminals in the jail system are increasingly finding ways to bypass checks and to perpetuate behavior that is illegal and destructive. Father, we ask that You guide and direct the sheriffs and their staff in local jails how to shut down this drug trafficking scam. We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "As righteousness leads to life, so he who pursues evil pursues it to his own death." (Proverbs 11:19)
6. Bloody Christmas: 'Spectacular attack' alert - WND
Another coordinated terror attack using jetliners, reminiscent of 9/11, could be in the works, according to an airport-security source cited by a London paper.
"We've been told that five planes are being targeted in a high-profile hit before Christmas," the source said, according to the Express newspaper of London.
"They've been waiting for the big one." (Read more)
7. ISIS Calls for Poisoning and Running Down Westerners - ACT for America
In a new video, ISIS threatens to murder Westerners through a wide range of new means, including poisoning of food and drink and hit-and-run attacks. This marks an increase in ambitious threats as ISIS (also known as Islamic State, ISIL, and Daesh) calls on Muslims to wage "jihad in the path of Allah" using easily accessible weapons.
The seven-minute video, entitled, What Are You Waiting For, opens with a group of Francophone ISIS fighters denouncing the West and throwing their French passports into campfire. French is the spoken language in the video, which also contains Arabic and English subtitles. One jihadi known as Abu Osama Al-Faranci, states: "This is a message from your French brothers who have made Hijra, to the Muslims who are still living in the land of Kufr." In other words, it is an appeal by ISIS fighters who have emigrated to lands controlled by the Islamic State to Muslims living in the land of the infidelity.
- Lord God Almighty, as Your watchmen on the wall, we are fully aware that the enemy has not gone away, but is merely waiting for the "best time" to strike. We agree with Cindy Jacobs' call (below) to RAISE UP SHIELDS across our land, praying Psalm 91 daily. Thank You, Lord, that when we cry out for help, You do answer. In Jesus' name, amen.
- Psalm 91
8. Ferguson Erupts: A Shields Up Alert for Our Cities - Generals International
The racial tension in the United States right now is very real and warrants our cry to the Lord for peace and healing.
In response to this, we encourage you to read a recently published article, titled Shields Up Over Our Cities. This article will give prophetic perspective as well as how you can continue praying for this situation. To see the article, please click here.
Together, let's strive to bring this issue before the Court of Heaven, and declare that God's peace will reign in our cities and nation!
Standing with you,
Mike and Cindy Jacobs
- Lord God, we praise You for the fact that many prayer leaders and ministries are now joining together, crying out with ONE VOICE for Your Kingdom to come in our nation, and for peace to rule in our land. We bless each one with Messiah's blessing, and we especially support Cindy Jacob's call to action as outlined in her message. Thank You, Lord, amen and amen.
- Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brethren to dwell together in unity!
It is like the precious oil upon the head,
Running down on the beard,
The beard of Aaron,
Running down on the edge of his garments.
It is like the dew of Hermon,
Descending upon the mountains of Zion;
For there the Lord commanded the blessing-
Life forevermore. (Psalm 133)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Behold, I am YHWH, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)
1. Israel Prayer Update - Bridges for Peace
To read this week's alert from BFP, go here.
2. Weekly Prayer Alert - Intercessors for Israel
To read this bulletin from IFI, please go here.
3. Insights for Intercessors - (CHPP)
To read this edition of Insights for Intercessors, please go here.
> > > Please note especially the first section on this alert: BIBI'S GOVERNMENT IS IN CRISIS AND MAY BE DISSOLVED FOR NEW ELECTIONS.
4. Israeli government gives itself one more chance to avoid elections - ICEJ
The ongoing crisis in Israel's governing coalition reached another threshold on Monday when it was announced that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu would meet with finance minister and Yesh Atid leader Yair Lapid. The meeting is meant to come to an agreement and avoid early elections, which nearly everyone agrees would be bad for the country. However, both men have been bitterly criticizing each other's plans in recent weeks, mostly indirectly through the media. "The prime minister will tell Lapid that he will not accept the way he and his party have been behaving," a Netanyahu associate said. "A country cannot be run this way." Netanyahu plans also to meet Monday with Bayit Yehudi leader Naftali Bennett and Hatnua head Tzipi Livni. (Read More)
5. Netanyahu: We Can't Continue Governing Like This "One cannot govern under the present situation" - Israel National News
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told his associates in recent days, according to a report Friday on Channel 2 News. Netanyahu, according to the report, has been holding talks with his aides in light of the ongoing tensions in the coalition. These conversations have highlighted Netanyahu's frustration over the situation and particularly his mistrust of Finance Minister Yair Lapid, who heads the Yesh Atid party. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we come before You alone to lift up Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu for Your special protection. We ask that You fill him full of Your peace, comfort, wisdom, strength and special discernment. If PM Netanyahu is the man of Your choosing to run Israel during this time in history, then we ask that You protect him, his family, aides and advisors, and direct what he needs to do so that he may continue to govern as You would have him do. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "But you shall hold fast to the Lord your God, as you have done to this day." (Joshua 23:8)
6. Abbas threatens to pursue resolution if Jerusalem refuses to resume peace negotiations - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Saturday threatened to halt security coordination with Israel unless the peace talks are revived. "We are no longer able to live with the status quo," Abbas said in a speech before an emergency meeting of Arab foreign ministers in Cairo. (Read more)
The Daily Jot
Monday, December 1, 2014
The Iranian mosaic and prophetic storm
The White House and State Department have been in negotiations for over a year with one of the foremost state sponsors of terrorism in the world--Iran. In doing so, the "president" broke a longstanding policy dating back to 1979 that no US president in an official or unofficial capacity would negotiate with a terrorist. Now I am not saying that the US president is bringing about the Ezekiel 38 prophecy. But he is assisting it in aligning the nations against Israel. And that does not bode well for the United States or the people living here because there is destruction prophesied for the nations that work against Israel. Under this president, America can be counted among them.
Iran is consistent on its nuclear policy. For over a decade, Iran has publicly stated that there should be no nuclear weapons in the Middle East. It has consistently called on the UN and Israel itself to expose Israel's alleged nuclear arsenal. The Iranian government policy has been to publicly deny any intent to build a nuclear weapon while privately working as fast as possible to develop a nuclear weapon and the delivery system to use it. For this administration, either through Secretary of State John Kerry or the White House, to believe Iran will change its strategic direction on Middle East dominance is folly. For the leader of the free world to negotiate with terrorists endangers the entire world.
Moreover, this administration's favor of Islam--from appointing Muslim Brotherhood Islamists to high positions in the US government to aiding and abetting the Muslim Brotherhood and al Qaeda in overthrowing governments across Northern Africa and the Middle East--points to a very destructive foreign policy that puts the American people in the eye of a prophetic storm. Ezekiel 38 is very specific on the nations that come against Israel in the end times. They include Turkey, Iran, Sudan, Libya and regions in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria and Jordan. This particular White House has been courting both sides of the Sunni and Shiite Islamic political system. All of them are involved in destructive prophetic destiny.
Zechariah 12:9 says, "And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy the nations that come against Jerusalem." The White House is on a foreign policy path that will result in destruction. No good can come of it. We know this because God's word is prophetic and true. We are on the wrong side of prophecy. We are also on the wrong side of history in supporting anything Islam. 1 John 2:22 says, "Who is a liar but he that denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is an antichrist that denies the Father and the Son." Islam vehemently denies that Jesus is the Messiah and that God has a son. Proverbs 29:2 says, "but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn." Putting this mosaic together, a prophetic storm continues to form.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
For all headlines below, please decree this verse from Romans 8:28 --
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."
1. A moment of peace amid Ferguson anger: Cop hugs emotional protester after befriending him during march - Daily Mail UK
Amid the violence, destruction, protests, and nationwide division since a grand jury's failure to indict a white police officer who killed an unarmed black teen on Nov. 25, hope in humanity has been restored, through, what is being called, the hug shared 'round the world.
'I came upon this boy who had tears in his eyes and I knew this was the place to be,' Nguyen told the Oregonian, 'so I followed him in the crowd.
'Then he came upon the police officer. They talked and he gave him a hug.' Hart was holding a sign at the rally that read 'free hugs,' Barnum saw the boy and motioned him over as speakers addressed the crowd. Barnum told the Oregonian that the two began talking about the demonstration, school, life and art. Afterward, Barnum motioned toward the boy's sign and asked 'Do I get one of those?'
It was then that the 12-year-old embraced the 21-year police veteran, ABC news reports. After the emotional exchange, the two went their separate ways. Hart went back to his friends and family participating in the rally, and Barnum returned to his duties. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we thank You for this story of how a young African American boy and a Caucasian police officer seemed to reach across the ugly racial divide that exists in the US and to hug each other as two equal human beings of worth. We ask for many more acts of this kind to happen across our nation and may much more occur under Your guidance so that a pattern of healing grows and grows. We ask this so our nation may heal and prosper in the future, Father. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
-"He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" (Micah 6:8)
2. The Brown family's pastor tries to make sense of the fire that gutted his church - Washington Post
Clutching hands, about 30 members of the Lee family stood over the Thanksgiving spread. Before they could eat, family tradition dictates, they had to go around the room saying what they were thankful for. No one would blame Lee - who is the Brown family pastor - if it was a bit difficult to be thankful this year. With the whole family watching his crestfallen face, Lee took a deep breath, and began: "This last couple days had just been crazy. . . . Since August the ninth, it's been real crazy." Still, he said, "I'm thankful for life, and for my wife, my children, our parents. . . . If I lose everything that I have, but I still have my joy, I have enough to build it all over again." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise for how the Michael Brown family has been moving into belief in You. However we stand before You and repent for the ugly racial divide, violence, hatred and vile actions inflicted upon this pastor and his congregation. Help us as a nation, Lord, to recognize how deep this racial divide still is and how critically our entire nation needs to work on healing this wound. We ask that You would direct us, Your remnant, as to all You would have us do to work on healing this divide. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "The righteousness of the blameless will direct his way aright, but the wicked will fall by his own wickedness. (Proverbs 11:5)
3. "Instead of 'Hands up, Don't Shoot' We Should be Lifting Our Hands up in Prayer," Says Bishop E.W. Jackson, Organizer of National Coalition for Racial Reconciliation - Breaking Christian News
Jackson has expressed sympathy for Brown's family and regret that a young man's life has been cut short, but has opposed treating Michael Brown as a civil rights icon. "He committed a strong arm robbery of a convenience store and then wrestled with a police officer for his gun. We must acknowledge the truth: Michael Brown contributed to his own demise." says Bishop. (Read more)
Two Women In Ferguson
Two Women In Ferguson
After last week's grand jury decision not to charge Officer Darren Wilson, protestors, including some criminals, again took to the streets of Ferguson, Missouri. Among those victimized by the latest round of riots was Natalie DuBose, owner of Natalie's Cake's & More.
Owning her own bakery had been DuBose's dream for years. As a black American entrepreneur, she worked multiple jobs trying to save extra money. But after opening this summer, that dream nearly went up in flames when rioters smashed the shop's windows and damaged her equipment Tuesday night.
After witnessing the destruction of her shop and property, DuBose, a single mother of two, told NBC News, "I was like, 'Wow, you guys really just didn't care, you didn't care, and this affects whether I can feed my children or not. . ."
Thankfully, many Americans do care. Local residents stopped by to help her clean up. A GoFundMe page was created to help pay for the damage. Celebrities like Patricia Heaton promoted it. Within 24 hours, thousands of Americans had donated nearly $200,000.
DuBose didn't give up. As soon as she could, she started baking again. According to one local media report, DuBose "didn't want to let down customers with Thanksgiving orders."
Standing in stark contrast to DuBose is Lisa Fithian, a white, unapologetic sixties-style radical, who has been camped out in Ferguson, Missouri, for weeks.
Fithian is an avowed socialist, union organizer, anti-war protestor and anti-Israel activist. She is a professional agitator behind many of the violent protests that have become emblematic of today's political left, including the Occupy Wall Street movement. In fact, one left-wing media outlet even dubbed Fithian "Professor Occupy."
While DuBose is trying to serve the Ferguson community, Fithian is fomenting destruction and division. Al Sharpton has suggested that the problem in Ferguson is too many white police officers. But if anyone is looking to blame white people for the strife in Ferguson, they should look at white leftists like Fithian.
Fithian hates capitalism and believes we must "dismantle or transform the old order." She once told the International Socialist Review, "I have no issue with property destruction. I think sometimes it's appropriate. . ."
Barack Obama is reportedly holding three meetings at the White House today mapping out his reaction to Ferguson. The solution won't be found in bigger government, the left's anarchy or fake civil rights leaders.
What America needs is a revival of our traditional values of faith, family and freedom. We need more job creators and entrepreneurs like Natalie DuBose and fewer radicals like Fithian. (Gary Bauer)
> > > To learn more about who the key players are who have been organizing and promoting the "Occupy" movement in America, please go here. (Source: Intercessors for America)
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study
Written by Susan L. Turner
Week of November 30 - December 6, 2014
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Secret British Military Team Saves Christian Town From ISIS Massacre
"When the invasion came, a line of vehicles split off and headed for Ras Baalbek. Then they stopped and looked up at the watchtower and all its artillery waiting for them. They turned around." -Eyewitness report from a British soldier
Advancing ISIS forces failed in an attempt to capture the small Christian town of Ras Baalbek in Lebanon after a secret British military squad helped build 12 defense towers near different villages and locations along the border with Syria to prevent invading forces from massacring its inhabitants.
According to a report in the Telegraph, "The lookout points allowed the Lebanese army to stop [ISIS] storming west to the Mediterranean at the same time that the terror group invaded Iraq to the east."
A report in Breitbart added that more towers are planned in the future.
As for the present towers, the report noted that construction began "after Prime Minister David Cameron received a direct appeal from Najib Mikati, former Prime Minister of Lebanon during a visit to Downing Street in October 2011. Tom Fletcher, the British ambassador to Lebanon said, David Cameron said to him, very clearly, 'We are allies. Tell us what you need and we will deliver it. Mr. Mikati asked for watchtowers, kit, and training. All were delivered."
(Breaking Christian News; Breitbart) Read more here.
Signs and Wonders
Scientists Baffled by Mysterious Shield Protecting Earth from Being Obliterated by the Sun
"Somewhat like the shields created by force fields on 'Star Trek' that were used to repel alien weapons, we are seeing an invisible shield blocking these electrons. It's an extremely puzzling phenomenon." -Professor Daniel Baker
"But you, LORD, are a shield around me..." - (Psalm 3:3)
(Boulder, CO)-A team led by the University of Colorado, Boulder, has discovered an invisible shield some 7,200 miles above Earth that blocks so-called "killer electrons," which whip around the planet at near-light speed and have been known to threaten astronauts, fry satellites and degrade space systems during intense solar storms.
The barrier to the particle motion was discovered in the Van Allen radiation belts, two doughnut-shaped rings above Earth that are filled with high-energy electrons and protons, said Distinguished Professor Daniel Baker, director of CU-Boulder's Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP). Held in place by Earth's magnetic field, the Van Allen radiation belts periodically swell and shrink in response to incoming energy disturbances from the sun.
As the first significant discovery of the space age, the Van Allen radiation belts were detected in 1958 by Professor James Van Allen and his team at the University of Iowa and were found to be composed of an inner and outer belt extending up to 25,000 miles above Earth's surface. In 2013, Baker-who received his doctorate under Van Allen-led a team that used the twin Van Allen Probes launched by NASA in 2012 to discover a third, transient "storage ring" between the inner and outer Van Allen radiation belts that seems to come and go with the intensity of space weather.
The latest mystery revolves around an "extremely sharp" boundary at the inner edge of the outer belt at roughly 7,200 miles in altitude that appears to block the ultrafast electrons from breeching the shield and moving deeper towards Earth's atmosphere.
"It's almost like theses electrons are running into a glass wall in space," said Baker, the study's lead author. "Somewhat like the shields created by force fields on Star Trek that were used to repel alien weapons, we are seeing an invisible shield blocking these electrons. It's an extremely puzzling phenomenon."
A paper on the subject was published in the Nov. 27 issue of Nature. (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Gary Peters (MI)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Kari Jobe - We Exalt Your Name
Spirit come change the atmosphere
Convict and open hearts here
The anthems that the angels sing
The worship of the King of Kings
We exalt Your name
High above the heavens
We exalt Your name
All of creation sings praise
For Jesus reigns
Over all He reigns
Your presence fills and satisfies
Tears down the walls we hide behind
Oh God of every aching heart,
we long for You in light and dark
WORSHIP HIM HERE . . .
Daily Conference Calls
Daily Conference Calls
Prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
For details, go here.