Typhoon Hagupit due to hit Phillipines:
Please bring it before the Lord and pray for His mercy on man and beast and life and limb.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, December 5, 2014
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you . . ." (John 14:27a)
The Daily Brief
1. Protests Over Eric Garner Chokehold Death Decision Sweep America; NYC Police Commissioner Says Police Feel They Are 'Under Assault' - Christian Post
A second night of demonstrations over the chokehold death of unarmed black man Eric Garner swept America on Thursday, with people protesting over the grand jury decision not to indict the white police officer involved in his death. NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton has meanwhile claimed that policing is "under attack" in the wake of the protests, and that police officers feel that they are "under assault."
Reuters reported that the protests in New York and other U.S. cities began during the evening rush hour, with people marching on the streets and bringing traffic to a near-standstill.
Close to 3,000 people congregated at New York's Time Square close to midnight, chanting: "Who do you protect?" at hundreds of police officers. Some of the demonstrators were reportedly shoved on to the sidewalks by officers, while dozens were arrested. (Read more)
- Father God, the waters in our land . . . the relations between the races and between our law enforcement officers and our African American citizens . . . have become increasingly and dangerously bitter. Lord God, we recall the time that the Israelites, desperately needing water, came across waters that were bitter. Lord God, You told Moses to take the Branch (Messiah), and touch those waters . . . and they became sweet and potable again.
As Your people, Father, we ask that You help us to find the strength to not enter into bitter controversy at these reports, but to simply pray, and to ask You, once again, to touch these bitter waters in our land, bringing healing and peace. We ask this prayer in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "I the LORD do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed." (Malachi 3:6)
2. Denver student protesters cheered when car struck officer, union official says- Fox News
The Denver Police Protective Association has learned that immediately after the horrible accident yesterday injuring four Denver Police Officers, several parties in the protesting group cheered and chanted "hit him again." These actions are not only reprehensible but quite possibly the most disturbing thing this Association has ever heard," a statement released by the police officers' union Thursday night said. (Read more)
- Abba, anarchy comes to mind, a disrespect for all authority, and a "mob mentality". We are grieved to hear that these people have totally lost touch with reality, and are cursing those who have put their lives on the line to protect them. We ask, Lord, for sanity to return to our nation. We ask the fires of revival would be kindled and break forth upon and throughout this nation. You are our only Hope. May we all repent for our personal and national sins and seek Your mercy and Your grace! Amen.
- "If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer offered in this place." (2 Chronicles 7:14,15)
3. Reports: Obama Mulling Sanctions on Israel - Free Beacon
The Obama administration is refusing to discuss reports that...the White House is considering imposing sanctions on Israel for continuing construction on Jewish homes in Jerusalem. State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf dodged several questions on Thursday when confronted with reports that the administration had held secret internal meetings to discuss taking action against Israel for its ongoing building in East Jerusalem. (Read more)
- O Lord, God of Israel, how did we lose our way? What has happened that this nation has begun to turn its back on Your beloved Israel? How far we have fallen! It seems incredulous that we, as a sovereign nation, should dictate policy to another sovereign nation. Forgive our president for his arrogance and disdain for Israel. You say that You will contend with those who contend with Israel, and so we ask that You contend with this interference in their internal affairs, and realign us to help and support Israel, and not to undermine what she is doing. Shine Your light, so that the rats would be exposed and flee! Amen.
- "No one after he has lighted a lamp covers it with a vessel or puts it under a [dining table] couch; but he puts it on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light. For there is nothing hidden that shall not be disclosed, nor anything secret that shall not be known and come out into the open." (Luke 8:16,17)
4. It's official: America is now No. 2 - Marketwatch
Hang on to your hats, America. And throw away that big, fat styrofoam finger while you're about it. There's no easy way to say this, so I'll just say it: We're no longer No. 1. Today, we're No. 2. Yes, it's official. The Chinese economy just overtook the United States economy to become the largest in the world. For the first time since Ulysses S. Grant was president, America is not the leading economic power on the planet. It just happened - and almost nobody noticed. (Read more)
- Precious Lord of the Universe, the Counselor and Mighty God, we pray that this president and administration will receive Your wisdom in understanding the basics of economics...i.e. you cannot spend money you don't have! Our national debt is higher than ever in recorded history, and continues to escalate at lightning speed. It is not surprising that we are no longer the largest economy in the world. We continue to refuse to deny ourselves anything we desire, and continue to "kick the can down the road" to avoid the day of accountability. Father, help us we pray, to elect those who would be fiscally accountable and responsible, we pray. Amen.
-"Because his desire and greed knew no quietness within him, he will not save anything of that in which he delights.There was nothing left that he did not devour; therefore his prosperity will not endure." (Job 20:20,21)
5. Could falling oil prices spark a financial crisis? - Canada free press
The oil and gas boom in the United States was made possible by the extensive credit afforded to drillers. Not only has financing come from company shareholders and traditional banks, but hundreds of billions of dollars have also come from junk-bond investors looking for high returns. (Read more)
- Father, the parable Jesus (Yeshua) told about the two men who built their houses on two very different foundations (i.e. rock and sand), comes to mind. A foundation needs to be stable and fixed to withstand any and all adverse conditions, and still remain standing. If not, the whole thing collapses. This is so true with finances as well. We thank You that You are our Rock, and our Firm Foundation, a Shelter in the time of storms!! We pray for wisdom to turn this thing around, and reinvest in more secure sources of income than "junk-bonds". Save us from ourselves, O Lord! Amen.
- "So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts upon them [obeying them] will be like a sensible (prudent, practical, wise) man who built his house upon the rock. And the rain fell and the floods came and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not do them will be like a stupid (foolish) man who built his house upon the sand. And the rain fell and the floods came and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell-and great and complete was the fall of it." (Matthew 7:24-27)
6. Legislative Victory Alert! U.S. House Moves to Protect Nation's Electrical Grid - ACT for America
We are very pleased to report that, earlier this week, the U.S. House of Representatives unanimously passed H.R. 3410, the Critical Infrastructure Protection Act (CIPA), legislation that will help protect our nation's electric grid. The bill was sponsored by Representative Trent Franks (R-AZ). Representative Franks serves as Co-Chairman of the House's Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Caucus and has worked tirelessly over multiple Congresses to see effective legislation protecting the U.S. electrical grid passed in the House.
We have ample evidence that our electrical grid is a major target for terrorists, such as the 2013 assault on a California power station, knocking out 17 giant transformers that provide power to Silicon Valley. In addition, scientists have noted that we are long overdue for a solar flare that could potentially knock out our grid, based upon past solar patterns.
Electronics are connected with almost every tool utilized in the 21st century - for work, recreation, communication, safety, transportation, healthcare, etc. An EMP event or attack cutting off our access to these tools would be catastrophic.
This week's passage of H.R. 3410 was a much-needed and critical first step toward protecting our nation's electrical grid. . . We are pleased to see this week's passage of H.R. 3410 in the House - a positive result of these continued efforts. We now look to the U.S. Senate to exhibit the same leadership, by passing this legislation quickly in their chamber - and then to President Obama, to sign it into law.
- Father God, we thank You for the work of Rep. Trent Franks on the passage of H.R. 3410, and we do ask that the Senate would swiftly follow suit in its passage there, too. We are also grateful to learn that there is a Caucus in the House to study the dangers of an EMP attack; may their efforts continue to bear fruit and prosper. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us-- yes, establish the work of our hands." (Psalm 90:17)
7. Executive-order ploy 'criminal conspiracy' - WND
Following confirmation by the National Archives that President Obama did not sign an executive order to implement the immigration policy he announced to the nation, Washington-based watchdog Judicial Watch has called for an investigation into whether the White House has engaged in a criminal conspiracy to spend taxpayer funds on unauthorized purposes.
Thursday, as WND reported, the National Archives and Records Administration, responsible for maintaining executive orders, said no executive order allowing millions of illegal immigrants to remain in the U.S. was ever signed or filed, confirming WND's report Wednesday.
"Not issuing the executive order has the appearance of fraud," said Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that, in our nation, no man is above the law . . . not even the President of the United States. We ask Your hand of blessing to rest upon Judicial Watch and all others who may be investigating any illegal actions on the part of this administration, that they might be held accountable to obey that law. We speak wisdom, grace, and strength to those who are working to turn the battle at the gate, in Jesus' name, amen.
8. 'ISIS have sleeper cells in the UK and will unleash war on Europe' - dailymail.co.uk
Jihadi hunter who rescued his own son from fighting with extremists in Syria issues chilling warning A decorated army veteran renowned for rescuing youths from Islamic State today warned that the terrorist group is placing 'sleeper cells' in European countries including the UK.
Dimitri Bontinck, who is known as the 'Jihadi Hunter', spoke out as he prepared to support his own teenage son in a criminal trial after bringing him home from Syria.
It came as Home Secretary Theresa May and senior British police chiefs also said that a terrorist atrocity involving an ISIS-style beheading or bomb attack on civilians is now 'almost inevitable'. (Read more)
- Lord God, during this holiday season, we ask a special grace from Your hand, that we might be quickened to any unusual activity at the malls, the airports, the train stations, the subways, etc. We pray the protection of Psalm 91 over our own nation and over England, that the enemy be found out and his plans dismantled before they are carried out. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)
9. Federal Judge Rules Prayer OK In Public Meetings - Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation
In Forsyth County, NC, the courts have reaffirmed the God-given rights of residents to pray according to their conscience in public meetings due to the lifting of a federal court order. The American Civil Liberties Union and Americans United for Separation of Church and State filed a lawsuit in 2007 in that challenged the county's freedom to allow opening invocations by volunteers who wish to pray according to the dictates of their own consciences. This sets a precedent that could be good news for proponents of prayer in similar cases across the country.
- Father God, we do offer You praise for this victory, and we, too, offer prayer that this precedent will now be followed in courts across the land, securing our rights to open public events with voluntary prayer. Thank You, Lord, amen and amen.
- " . . . he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phil. 1:6)
10. A White House Connection in the IRS Scandal? - Red State
It has recently come to light that the Obama Administration's Treasury Department is in possession of over 2,500 pages of documents that may show that the IRS and the White House were colluding to illegally obtain confidential taxpayer information and that the White House used that information in an attempt to harm its political enemies. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that You shine Your light of revelation as to where these documents are, and how they are being used or misused. We ask for truth to come forth, and that there be accountability for all involved in this cover-up, from the White House, on down. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Behold, You desire truth in the inner being; make me therefore to know wisdom in my inmost heart." (Psalm 51:6)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Behold, I am YHWH, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)
1. Ex-minister Sa'ar reportedly mulling bid to lead Likud - Times of Israel
After only a two-month hiatus from politics, former interior minister Gideon Sa'ar is reportedly considering running against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for the Likud party leadership next month, party sources said Thursday.
Sa'ar surprised many when he announced he would leave politics in September, saying he wanted to "take a break" for personal reasons, having recently remarried. (Read more)
2. Rivlin backtracks on Armenian Genocide recognition -Times of Israel
President Reuven Rivlin, formerly an outspoken advocate of Israel's recognition of the Armenian Genocide, decided not to renew his signature on an annual petition calling for Israel to officially recognize the mass killings as genocide.
Those responsible for the petition were surprised by Rivlin's change of stance, Israel's Channel 10 News reported on Thursday night, which was ascribed to the heightened sensitivity of his position since Rivlin was elected president earlier this year. The TV report said Rivlin was apparently concerned not to further harm Israel's strained relations with Turkey. (Read more)
3. No Islamic State in Gaza, says Hamas despite menacing fliers -Times of Israel
Hamas denied the presence of the Islamic State terror group in the Gaza Strip Wednesday, after fliers signed by the jihadist organization have emerged in the Palestinian territory in recent weeks, threatening women and intellectuals.
"We would like to reassure everyone that ISIS does not exist in the Gaza Strip, and the security agencies are in full control of the situation," Iyad Al-Bozum, a spokesman for Hamas's interior ministry in Gaza, told Lebanese news channel Al-Mayadeen. (Read more)
4. Hamas head: Lack of peace process will lead to 'regional blood bath' - Times of Israel
The lack of a solution to the Palestinian issue will lead to an open conflict in the Middle East - a "bloodbath" - Hamas's political bureau chief Khaled Mashaal alleged, adding that the violent terror attacks in Jerusalem were a reaction to "Israeli aggression."
"Israeli stubbornness, combined with the international impotence in solving the Palestinian issue with a just solution, enabling the Palestinian people their self-determination - this will lead to chaos in the region, not just in the Palestinian arena, but an open conflict - a bloodbath. We warn against keeping the Palestinian issue with no solution and stripping the Palestinian people of hope," Mashaal said in an interview with Sky News Thursday. (Read more)
5. EU members said drafting UN resolution on Israeli-Palestinian peace -Times of Israel
Three leading members of the European Union are reportedly working on a draft resolution to be submitted to the UN Security Council, as a counter to the Palestinian draft expected to be brought to a vote later this month.
France, Germany and Britain were leading the effort with Paris at the forefront, Haaretz reported Wednesday night. According to the report, the US is aware of the French, German and British initiative. (Read more)
6. Early elections may put US-EU Middle East diplomacy on hold - Times of Israel
Will officials hurt Netanyahu in the elections? At least that's the idea that the U.S. and Europe are going by in recent weeks. Recently, Europe and the U.S. are considering taking small steps to return Netanyahu and Abbas, Israel and the Palestinians, to the peace negotiating table - in a good way, for example by means of an international conference that will be hosted by the French - or in a bad way, for example by imposing sanctions. (Read more)
7. Khamenei: America's Problems Caused by Israel's 'Domination' - Israel National News
Iran's Supreme Leader has found the reason for socio-economic problems in the United States. In a series of tweets on Wednesday, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei claimed that the Americans' problems are due to Israel's "domination" of the United States' government.
"Brutal treatment of black ppl isn't indeed the only anti-human rights act by US govt; look at US's green light to #Israel's crimes.#Ferguson," read one tweet.
"The day when American nation realize their socioeconomic problems stem from domination of #Israel over their govt, what'll happen? #Ferguson," Khamenei wrote in another one. (Read more)
8. Southern oil spill one of Israel's worst eco disasters - Times of Israel
Over 80 people were treated for respiratory problems on both sides of the Israel-Jordan border on Thursday morning, amid warnings of an ecological disaster following a major oil spill overnight that flooded the highway leading into Eilat. The vast majority of those affected were in Jordan.
Traffic heading to the southern resort city was restarted Thursday morning after several hours of highway closure. The leak, near the village of Be'er Ora, was caused due to damage to the Trans-Israel pipeline, a major oil conduit between the Mediterranean and Red seas that runs from Eilat to Ashkelon. (Read more)
9. Despite reports, Saudis not about to sell oil to Israel - Times of Israel
Saudi Arabia is most likely not willing to start selling oil to Israel, despite various news reports to that effect in the Israeli and Arab media this week.
Quoting the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA, several news outlets reported that Riyadh's oil minister Ali Bin Ibrahim al-Naimi raised the prospect of exports to Israel during a conference of the Organization of Oil Exporting Countries last week in Vienna. (Read more)
10. Lapid, Liberman, Kahlon alliance said to be in the works - Times of Israel
Yesh Atid, Yisrael Beytenu may work together with popular ex-Likud minister to counter Netanyahu-Bennett bloc, TV report says. (Read more)
Amnesty: "Unprecedented" & "Indefensible"
Amnesty: "Unprecedented" & "Indefensible"
By Gary Bauer
(Published on Thursday, December 4, 2014)
But the Post's editorial board didn't stop there. While it stopped short of accusing the White House of lying, it condemned the White House's deceptive sales pitch as "indefensible." Consider these excerpts:
"The White House has defended President Obama's unilateral decision to legalize the presence of nearly 4 million undocumented immigrants as consistent . . . with the executive actions of previous presidents. In fact, it is increasingly clear that the sweeping magnitude of Mr. Obama's order is unprecedented. . . .
"This is not a game of gotcha; facts matter -- even in Washington -- and so do the numbers. Under close scrutiny it is plain that the White House's numbers are indefensible. It is similarly plain that the scale of Mr. Obama's move goes far beyond anything his predecessors attempted. . . .
"Unlike Mr. Bush in 1990, whose much more modest order was in step with legislation recently and subsequently enacted by Congress, Mr. Obama's move flies in the face of congressional intent. . ."
The House Responds
The House Responds
By Gary Bauer
(Published on Thursday, December 4, 2014)
Today the House of Representatives took a first step toward addressing this abuse of power by passing the Executive Amnesty Prevention Act, which declares Obama's executive order "null and void and without legal effect." Unfortunately, this bill is dead on arrival in Harry Reid's Senate, which is why I emphasize that this is only a first step.
That said, this was not a meaningless vote. Every member of the House of Representatives just went on the record today regarding Obama's amnesty. The American people will know how their representatives voted and it will be an issue in future elections.
Speaker Boehner is right -- options for resisting Obama's overreach are limited, especially while Harry Reid controls the Senate. But Republicans must continue the fight once Reid is out of the way. Obama is claiming authority that he repeatedly said he did not have. Republicans cannot be passive in the face of this unprecedented abuse of power.
The Daily Jot
It's how we stand
Ephesians 6:13 is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. "Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." This is what we do. Every day we stand. The Daily Jot is there for you to hold up your arms, to gird you with truth, to encourage and exhort you to glorify God with your prayer and action. We tackle the tough issues, say the tough words, try not to sugarcoat what is going on in the world so that you know the score and how to respond. We also reach out through our ministry work in West Africa, which has been involved this year in very effective Ebola education and prevention in the most impoverished areas. It's how we stand.
The months ahead are going to be fraught with deception and difficulty. We as a people need to know who we are and who we are following. Otherwise, at the first sign of problems, our faith could falter. The Daily Jot is dedicated to writing about daily events with prophetic clarity that your faith may be strengthened, that you will be equipped and encouraged to share your faith with others. While often the news is not positive, many find comfort and motivation through The Daily Jot. Here are just a few comments:
"What a blessing your words are to my heart and spirit."--AB
"It is easy to become overwhelmed with fear. We all need STOUT HEARTS for the days ahead. Love your daily Jots. Never hear any of this stuff from the pulpit. Grrr!"--SV
"Your site has not only kept me informed but is changing my life.Your letter today was/is quite a challenge. I need that."--JB
"You are providing a great service in spreading the gospel, in tying bible prophecy to current events and explaining what in fact is transpiring in the world."--NC
You see, we are having an impact. Many are sharing the Jot with their lists. Many websites are posting it. The Daily Jot ministry is doing more than commentary. We are practicing what we are preaching. There are many hurting people out there who are receiving some small help from the Jot. There are hundreds in Africa who are being touched with the truth of the Gospel through our mission work--especially to the Muslims. We are getting outside the four walls of the church and putting our faith into action.
That's where you come in. This ministry operates on very limited funds. There are no subscriptions to the Jot. It is free. We are totally dependent on God's blessing through His people. The past two months, we have been running about $1,200 under budget. It is not much, but it is a lot to those we help. If you agree with those who have commented, and Adonai (my LORD) so moves you, would you consider helping us?
Our small ministry is very accustomed to depending on God's provision through His people. And your obedience in whatever gift you can make goes a long way--we are good stewards. I hope you will join us in keeping the Jot alive and its ministry outreach active. If you are so moved, you can send your tax exempt gift to:
The Daily Jot
5257 Buckeystown Pike #314
Frederick, Md. 21704
Or you can donate online securely by going to: Standing together
We appreciate you and your devotion to the Lord. Thank you for standing with us because together, it's how we stand.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
International Prayer Connections
International Prayer Connections
A Monthly Journal to Guide Intercession for Our World
To read this thorough and riveting guide to prayer, please go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Martin Luther King's Niece, Dr. Alveda King: "If We Drop To Our Knees and Repent, We'll See Real Change and stop the Killing, Looting, and Racism"
Regardless of which side of the scenarios you are on, many would admit that the deaths of these and so many more young men, are very tragic.
So much is being said by so many already that I pray only to participate by adding even more clarity and peaceful solutions to the puzzle. With all the interviews and articles/blogs surrounding the whole Michael Brown/Darren Wilson and now Eric Garner situations, let's include more prayer in all the discussions.
The media is portraying two-sided issues; those who agree with the grand jury's decisions and support the law enforcement systems; and those who disagree with the decisions in support of the dead youths; hoping to make "tragic heroes" of our dead brothers.
Because, like it or not, these young people are someone's "dearly departed," and in God's eyes, they are our brothers. As the old song goes; "he ain't heavy; he's my brother(s)."
The media schedules guests from one side or the other and allow the contenders to go at each other. Conflict sells stories and hooks audiences. Many media outlets have agendas and they skew the questions in hopes of spinning the discussion in one direction or the other.
We are often asked to comment on this person or that person and what their motives might be. Yet rather than judge or accuse which leads to strife, we all need to work towards the same goal of PEACE. This concept leads us to Mathew 5:9, "Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God."
Signs and Wonders
Differing forecasts widen scope of Typhoon Hagupit
A ferocious and dangerously erratic typhoon blew closer to the Philippines Friday, as differing forecasts about its path _ one predicting it will graze the capital Manila _ prompted a much wider swath of the country to prepare for a weekend of destructive winds and rain.
Typhoon Hagupit _Filipino for "Smash" _ was expected to blast in from the Pacific Ocean into central Philippines late Saturday, lashing parts of a region that was devastated by last year's Typhoon Haiyan and left more than 7,300 people dead and missing. Still, the good news was that the typhoon was weakening as it blew closer to the coast.
"I'm scared," said Haiyan survivor Jojo Moro. "I'm praying to God not to let another disaster strike us again. We haven't recovered from the first." (Indian Express) See more, including NASA's photo of this monster storm, here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Kari Jobe - "Beautiful"
Daily Conference Calls
Daily Conference Calls
Prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
For details, go here.