This Friday, in honor of Yom Kippur,
we will publish a Special Edition of
the Daily Brief. Please take note!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
"And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles."
WE ARE ASKING ALL OF OUR PRAYER PARTNERS TO READ THE VERSES BELOW OUT LOUD, AS A DECREE, KNOWING THAT THE WORD WILL NOT RETURN VOID. (Isaiah 55:11) THANK YOU!
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:1)
The Daily Brief
1. A surprisingly gentle run-up to the Netanyahu-Obama meeting - Times of Israel
After a tense summer, and a rocky history, Yom Kippur spirit of reconciliation appears to have settled on the two men.
Although both nations frequently reiterate the depth of their alliance and their ironclad friendship, the two leaders are infamous for the bad body language on display in each other's presence, along with the rhetorical barbs they have traded. But in the run-up to Wednesday's meeting, the opposite behavior was on show, with discreet signs of support exchanged in the days before the talks.
Last Friday, the US sprang to Israel's corner following Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas's incendiary "genocide speech." State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki issued a severe condemnation of the comments - an unusual move in response to a UN speech in general, and especially in response to one made by a leader Psaki described as a "friend." (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for this good report, and we ask that this new, positive relationship between our two nations would even increase in the days ahead as we now face many common enemies. We pray that Obama's heart will be convicted about previous comments against Israel. Father, remind him of our country's promise to be a friend of Israel. Let our leaders always be honest and truthful about their intent for the US-Israeli relationship. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the person who seeks Him." (Lamentations 3:25)
2. Secret Service Director Julia Pierson resigns - CNN
Secret Service Director Julia Pierson resigned her post Tuesday after a fence jumper gained access to the White House Sept. 19th and a subsequent congressional inquiry uncovered other security lapses. Homeland Security Director Jeh Johnson announced the resignation in a statement. He also announced that the DHS would take over an internal inquiry of the Secret Service and that he would appointment of a new panel to review security at the White House.
Calls for Pierson to leave her post grew after a poor performance during her testimony on Capitol Hill and another bombshell revelation that the an armed contractor was allowed to get into an elevator with the president during a recent trip to the Centers for Disease Control. (Read more)
- Father God, in this year of the Shmita, when all is being judged and that which no longer serves your purpose is being removed, we lift up Secret Service Director Julia Pierson as she resigns from her office. We thank You for directing her steps in the days ahead, that she might come to know You as her Savior and her Lord; and we ask for the man or woman of your choosing to be set in place in this very important position in our government. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "But God is the judge: he puts down one, and sets up another." (Psalm 75:7 NKJV)
3. Official says 5 kids (in Texas) had contact with Ebola patient, being monitored - Fox News
Authorities said five students who had contact with a man diagnosed with Ebola in Dallas are being monitored but are showing no symptoms of the disease. Dallas Independent School District Superintendent Mike Miles said Wednesday that the students were in school this week after possibly being in contact with the male patient, identified as Thomas Eric Duncan, over the weekend.
Miles said the students are showing no symptoms and are now being monitored at home. Health officials said the disease is only spread by people with symptoms, such as diarrhea or vomiting. As an added precaution, Miles said additional health and custodial staff will be at the five schools the students attend. (Read more)
Additional news on WND here.
- Father God, we thank You that we now have the name of the patient in Dallas who has contracted the Ebola virus: Thomas Eric Duncan. We place a wall of the Blood of the Lamb over this man, and we ask for a miracle of healing for him.
We pray, too, for the other five children who have been in touch with Thomas Duncan, and the schools they attend. Lord God, we know that nothing is impossible for You, so we ask for a mighty miracle today in Jesus' name. Let this virus be stopped NOW, before it spreads elsewhere in our nation, even possibly preventing us to go the polls safely in November to vote in the next national election. We cry out today for Your Grace, Your Mercy, and Your Love to be shed abroad in our land. In Jesus' name, amen.
- Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)
4. 2nd Oklahoma man threatened to behead coworker, police say - Washington Times
A fired Oklahoma City nursing home employee was arrested Friday for allegedly threatening to behead a co-worker - less than 20 miles from where Alton Alexander Nolen is accused of beheading a co-worker the day before.
Jacob Mugambi Muriithi, 30, is being held in the Oklahoma County jail on a terrorism complaint. His bail is set at $1 million, The Oklahoman reported. (Read more)
- Father God, it is clear that a spirit has been unleashed in our nation that causes men to want to behead Christians and Jews -- all who refuse to submit and convert to Islam. Like the woman in 2 Samuel, we take the Sword of the Spirit and we cut off the head of the demonic spirit that wants to cut off our heads. We ask that You set these captives free, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Then the woman wisely came to all the people. And they cut off the head of Sheba the son of Bichri and threw it to Joab. So he blew the trumpet, and they were dispersed from the city, each to his tent. Joab also returned to the king [David] at Jerusalem." (2 Samuel 20:22)
5. Refugee plan set up for Central American minors - AP
The Obama administration is initiating a program to give refugee status to some young people from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador in response to the influx of unaccompanied minors arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border.
In a memorandum to the State Department Tuesday, President Barack Obama allocated 4,000 slots for refugees from Latin America and the Caribbean for next year. The number is a fraction of the number of children who have already crossed the border into the United States and are awaiting deportation proceedings. (Read more)
- Lord God, the spirit of lawlessness is being unleashed upon our land. These are people who admittedly broke our laws when they illegally entered the United States. They have been processed and held in detention centers awaiting a deportation proceedings. Lord God, we repent of our sins and we ask that You turn Your face upon us and rescue our people from this invasion. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- " . . . and if My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)
6. Russia threatens to retaliate against U.S. military - WND
The security officials said Russia complained Sunday in quiet talks with United Nations representatives that the Obama administration's current aerial campaign against Islamic State fighters in Syria is a violation of international agreements regarding control of Syrian airspace. The officials said Russia warned it could potentially retaliate if U.S. or Arab air strikes go beyond targeting Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, and instead bomb any Syrian regime targets. (Read more)
- Father God, as President Ronald Reagan used to say, "there they go again." President Putin is a fool to even think about retaliating against the USA. I pray that our military leaders will only bomb ISIS and al-Nusra in Syria, and not give the fool in Russia a reason to attack us.
- "Behold, I have played the fool and have committed a serious error." ( I Sam. 26:21C)
7. Israeli cargo ship blocked in Oakland Port docks in LA - Times of Israel
n Israeli-owned cargo ship prevented by pro-Palestinian demonstrators from unloading in the Oakland Port will try to unload in Los Angeles. The Zim Shanghai docked in Los Angeles on Tuesday morning, according to tracking by the website marinetraffic.com. It was still carrying its original cargo.
The ship, which is owned by Zim Integrated Shipping Services, Israel's largest shipping company, was unable to unload Saturday after some 200 activists prevented workers at the Oakland Port from getting near the ship. Approximately 50 police officers were on hand but did not intervene.
The International Longshore and Warehouse Union released a statement saying, "The ILWU is not among the groups organizing the protests, and the leadership and membership of the ILWU have taken no position on the Israel/Gaza conflict." (Read more)
- Lord, the ugly head of anti-Semitism is rearing its head in Oakland, CA and throughout the world. The truth about Your people is being denied. We ask You to protect Your people and be a shield about them. May the world believe the truth about the war in Israel and how Hamas attacked Your people.
- " . . . and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." (John 8:32)
8. Ebola outbreak: 'Thousands of children orphaned' - BBC
Almost 4,900 children in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone have lost one or both parents to Ebola this year, the UN children's agency has said. Finding care for them is proving incredibly difficult because the children are stigmatized, UNICEF added. Some are "being fed by neighbours but no more", the agency said. (Read more)
- Father, You love these orphan children, and we pray that the people would have mercy on them. We bind the spirit of fear and we release Your love into these nations for these orphaned children.
- "He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing." (Deut. 10:18)
9. Hong Kong Protesters Set Wednesday Deadline for Reforms - VOA News
Official Hong Kong marked the 65th anniversary Wednesday of the founding of communist China, as city leaders remained locked in a tense standoff with tens of thousands of protesters demanding greater democratic reforms.
As the city bristled with tension, an early morning flag-raising ceremony in Bauhinia Square drew marching bands and hundreds of dignitaries to commemorate China's National Day. Nearby, tens of thousands of pro-democracy demonstrators angered by pro-Beijing government restrictions on 2017 elections showed no signs of backing down. (Read more)
- Lord, The 1984 Sino-British power transfer agreement specifies that China allow Hong Kong a "high degree of autonomy" for 50 years. Beijing calls this "one country, two systems." Beijing is not living up to its part of the bargain. Lord, we ask that You would bring the Communist Chinese government down. And we ask that You would raise a Christian China in its place.
- "It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery." (Gal. 5:1)
10. Baghdad Priest: 'Christianity Could Be at an End Here' - CNSNews.com
Rev. Andrew White, vicar of St. George's Anglican Church in Baghdad, said Tuesday that he believes Christianity may be at an end in Iraq. "The future's very bleak," Father White said in an interview with CNSNews.com. "For the first time, I've had to consider the very real fact that Christianity could be at an end here. We don't know if it will survive," he said by phone from Baghdad. "Nobody wants to stay here. Everybody wants to get out of here."
When asked to describe the current situation in Baghdad, White said, it "is basically the worst it's ever been. People are very fearful . . . with what has happened. Things are slightly better today than yesterday," he added. "We believe that ISIS has been repelled and is no longer marching towards Baghdad." (Read more)
- Lord God, Elijah said to You, "I have been very zealous for the LORD, the God of hosts; for the sons of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars and killed Your prophets with the sword. And I alone am left; and they seek my life, to take it away." But You had saved 7,000. Lord, we ask that you would protect Rev. Andrew White and be a strong tower around him. We also pray for a remnant to survive in Iraq.
- "Yet I will leave 7,000 in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal and every mouth that has not kissed him." (I Kings 19:18)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles." (Zechariah 14:16)
1. Yom Kippur and Id al-Adha to coincide, could lead to clashes, warns professor - Jerusalem Post
Yom Kippur coincides with the Muslim festival of Id al-Adha this year, with both falling on October 4, leading to concerns of intercommunal conflict on the rapidly approaching date.
Prof. Rassem Khamaisi, a lecturer in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies at the University of Haifa, warned on Sunday that the starkly different characteristics of the two religious holidays could give rise to misunderstandings and tensions.
Yom Kippur, or the Day of Atonement, is the holiest day of the Jewish calendar and is traditionally observed by fasting, refraining from bathing and other physical comforts as well as day-long prayers in synagogues.
Id al-Adha, however, is a festive celebration involving large family and communal feasts to commemorate the Muslim tradition in which Abraham was willing to submit to divine will and sacrifice his son Ishmael although ultimately a lamb was sacrificed instead.
Jewish tradition holds that Abraham was ready to sacrifice Isaac not Ishmael.
"There is a chance that the ignorance of Jews and Muslims of their neighbors' customs and festivals will cause violence and rioting," Khamaisi warned in a position paper on the issue. (Read more)
- Father, these falsehoods go back to the founding father's story. We ask for Your truth to prevail and that eyes will be opened during these days. Father, take down the falsehoods and false idols that are being worshiped in the world. We ask for peace in Jerusalem for Yom Kippur and all the High Holy Days. We ask for Your hand of protection against ignorance, misunderstanding, hate, and violence between Moslems and Jews. Reveal Yourself in a deeper way to Your children.
Lord, we ask for peace world wide during this time of reflection and repentance. Let this somber attitude and reverence spread throughout the hearts of all Christian believers, not just the Jews. Through Jesus we have salvation and atonement for our sins, but let our hearts truly seek to repent and turn from our sinful nature. Let Your fire fall in our hearts so that we hunger and thirst for more of You. Yom Kippur is a day where we can all focus on You and how we can grow deeper in our relationship with You in the future. Thank You, Father, for Your faithfulness and Your promises. In the name of Yeshuah we offer this prayer, amen.
- "You are not to do any work. This is to be an eternal ordinance throughout your generations, wherever you live." (Leviticus 23:31)
2. ALERT! Three soldiers who fought in Gaza war commit suicide -Ynet news
Three IDF soldiers who fought in Operation Protective Edge have taken their own lives in recent weeks. The army is investigating whether there was a connection between the suicides and traumatic experiences the soldiers had during the war.
The three soldiers, conscripts serving in the Givati Brigade, each ended their lives within days of each other. The three are believed to have used their personal weapons, which were found next to their bodies, to commit suicide.
The IDF's criminal investigation division (CID) opened an investigation into the three incidents (Read more)
- Abba, we pray for the families of these three young men. You are the Great Comforter. We ask that You fill the families with Shalom peace. Let them feel Your love and Your mighty hands holding them. We can only imagine the trauma that soldiers go through in conflicts, but Father, You have the power to overcome trauma, depression, woundedness, stress, confusion, etc. We ask that You protect all the soldiers in the IDF from trauma and PTSD that they may develop while protecting the land. We ask that You bind any evil forces that may be trying to influence or confuse them. We proclaim the Blood of Yeshuah HaMachiah (Jesus the Messiah) over the military and claim the victory of Your promises! In the mighty name of Yeshuah, amen.
- "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart" (Psalm 34:18a)
3. Despite enmity, Netanyahu would still meet with Abbas, officials say
-Times of Israel
Despite seemingly unprecedented diplomatic tensions, a one-on-one meeting between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas to salvage the fledgling peace process is not out of the question, Israeli officials said Tuesday.
Relations between the two leaders were never great, and Abbas's "genocide" speech last week made a possible tête-à-tête much more difficult to arrange, officials said.
However, several current and former officials close to Netanyahu insisted the theoretical chance of a diplomatic breakthrough leading to the resumption of direct negotiations in the future should never be dismissed.
"As of now, a meeting is not impossible, it's just not reasonable," said Yoaz Hendel, who headed the Public Diplomacy Directorate at the Prime Minister's Office from 2011 until 2012. "The gap between the two sides is becoming bigger and bigger - but not because of speeches at the UN or the fact that [Abbas] started a campaign against Israel and Prime Minister Netanyahu answered him." Rather, said Hendel, simply because neither side is willing to make the compromises necessary for an agreement. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for Benjamin Netanyahu. He truly cares for Israel and wants to protect her from her enemies, but he also cares about the innocent people among the Arabs. We ask that You will bless Mr. Netanyahu. Please give him refreshing peace and strength. Father, move on his heart to know Your will regarding every move that he makes on behalf of Israel. We ask that You take control over all future meetings between Netanyahu and Abbas. Lord, we ask that only the events that fall into Your will be allowed to take place. In the name of Yeshuah, we ask this prayer, amen.
- "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." (Psalm 32:8)
4. Israeli Socialist Movement Compares IDF to Nazis at Auschwitz - Israel National News
Parents of Israeli high school students from the coastal region were left furious, after a letter making the outrageous comparison between genocidal Nazi troops and IDF soldiers was read last week during an organized youth trip to the Auschwitz death camp in Poland.
The letter was written by a 25-year-old educator and coordinator of Ha'ihud Hahakla'i (the Agricultural Union), a youth movement founded in 1978 from the socialist movement of the same name that has been active developing agricultural settlements since the 1920s. The movement on its website describes itself as "apolitical."
The coordinator of the socialist youth group sent the letter with several of the students in the high school class visiting Auschwitz who belong to the group. Reportedly after one of the students showed the letter to the teacher he was encouraged to read it to the class, which he did, according to Walla!.
"What would I do if I was a Nazi captain asked to do inhumane acts?" the letter read. "These questions are particularly relevant to us in these days in light of the topic of occupied territories, the war with Hamas, the refugees arriving to us from the Egyptian border and more."(Read more)
- Father God, this is how it started with the Nazis. They spread so much propaganda and lies. Father, we ask that you please open the eyes, ears, and hearts of these young Israeli students to the truth of the IDF's position. Reveal to them the role of the enemy toward Israel. We ask this in the name of Yeshuah, amen.
- "You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord?" (Acts 13:10)
"Their offspring You shall destroy from the earth, And their descendants from among the sons of men. For they intended evil against You; They devised a plot which they are not able to perform." (Psalm 21:9,10)
1. Australian aircraft support action against ISIS; Turkey mulls sending troops - CNN
A day after Britain's military launched its first airstrikes against ISIS in Iraq, the question is: Who will be next to join the U.S.-led coalition in its air campaign against the extremists who have seized a swath of Iraq and Syria?
As Turkish soldiers and tanks took up position along the border with Syria on Tuesday, Turkey's government put a motion before its parliament asking for authorization to take military action against ISIS. Lawmakers are expected to debate the measure in a special session Thursday before voting, according to Anadolu, Turkey's semiofficial news agency.
Australian aircraft started flying over Iraq in support of allied operations Wednesday, Prime Minister Tony Abbott told the Australian Parliament in Canberra. (Read more)
- Lord God, we welcome the support of the nation of Australia in this war against ISIS and we ask Your hand of blessing to be upon them, in the name of Yeshua, amen.
2. FIRST PICTURE: The smiling grandmother beheaded by Muslim convert in the Oklahoma food factory where they both worked - The Telegraph UK
- Colleen Hufford, 54, killed last Thursday in apparent ISIS-style beheading
- Grandmother's family and friends have set up a tribute page on Facebook
- Father God, we are so saddened to actually see a photo of this dear woman who met such a sudden demise last Friday while quietly at work in Oklahoma. Have mercy, Lord; please comfort family and friends who remain.
Let this murder/beheading not go unnoticed, Abba. We REPENT that our government is simply calling this crime a matter of "workplace violence." We ask for Your vengeance to be upon the one who has killed Colleen Hufford, and upon all other jihadists in this nation who even now are harboring similar plots in ther minds. Come, God of Justice and RULE in our midst. In Jesus' name, amen.
- 'Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, In due time their foot will slip; For the day of their calamity is near, And the impending things are hastening upon them.' (Deuteronomy 32:35)
3. TEN POINTS ABOUT ISLAMIC JIHAD IN AMERICA - The Counter Jihad Report
Let's see if we can all agree on a few points:
1. Whether our leaders wish to accept it or not, it is a fact that throughout America's history, including current times, there have been and are people who do not subscribe to our way of life and wish to destroy us. Such people have been adherents to any number of noxious ideologies. In the past, they've been secessionists, anarchists, Bolsheviks, Nazis, black separatists, among other things.
2. Today, the most prominent and worrisome group is Islamists - more precisely, Muslim adherents to the doctrine of Sharia.
3. Sharia - a system of law that includes a definition of jihad as a program of violent subjugation and/or conversion of the infidel-is properly described as a hostile doctrine. That it derives from a major religious text does not change the fact that it represents a threat to the American way of life. The incompatibility of Sharia and pluralistic, democratic Western culture based on individual rights easily merits its own column. (Read full article here.)
4. The Jihad Double Standard - WND
Exclusive: Pamela Geller reveals how media are 'paving way for chaos in U.S. streets'
5. Imam at Oklahoma beheader's mosque is also officer at terror-linked CAIR - Jihad Watch
6. Analyzing the Oklahoma Beheading Crime Scene - Front Page Magazine
The reason these cases are difficult to solve directly corresponds to the prohibitions on law enforcement training that banned any references to Islamic jihad or Islamism as the underlying ideology motivating crimes. So when evidence involves writings such as "Sharia law is coming!!!" that Nolen posted on his Facebook page, officers have no idea what that means and cannot perform an accurate threat analysis. (Read more)
7. New Documents Show FBI Kept Channels Open to Al-Aulaqi Despite Terrorist Designation - Judicial Watch
Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained 900 pages of newly released internal documents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) indicating there may have been a serious rift between the agency's 9/11 Commission Task Force (Task Force) and the National Commission on Terrorism (Commission) in tracking the activities of U.S.-born al-Qaeda leader Anwar al-Aulaqi. Additionally, in an October 2003 email from al-Aulaqi to an FBI agent, the terrorist says he is "astonished" and "amazed" by the media coverage of him and hoped that "US authorities know better."
8. US National Security insider hits back: 'Obama knew what was at stake. Adviser information sat and gathered dust for more than a year' - The Muslim Issue
The Daily Jot
When is enough, enough?
Some years ago, I was having lunch with my friend Alveda King, Dr. Martin Luther King's niece. We were talking about her father and uncle and the civil rights movement. I asked her what was the tipping point for these men to go forward and lead people in dissent. Was there any particular event or incident that really spurred them to action? She told me that it seemed like it was more spontaneous than anything specific. They just knew when enough was enough and they had to act. This is a question every genuine American citizen should consider asking him/her self privately, asking of family and friends and strongly asking elected officials: When is enough, enough?
A black Muslim man beheaded an unarmed white woman. There is no doubt to his ties to Islam and his belief in the 100-plus verses in the Koran that instruct good Muslims to kill infidels, especially Christians and Jews. The occupant of the Oval Office is silent. The Attorney General is silent. The news media doesn't even bother to pose a question during the White House press briefings in the immediate days after this heinous act. Yet when an unarmed black man attacks a white armed police officer and loses his life, there are riots, investigations, political rhetoric, demands, media coverage and more. Things are out of balance, and political correctness and race issues make it difficult to have fruitful dialogue.
There are countless examples. A recent news report said over 125 million Americans between the ages of 25 and 55 are unemployed--the largest number in decades. Yet the "president" touts on the White House website how many jobs his administration has created. The "president" continues to say that Islam is a religion of peace and that violent acts do not represent Islam. Yet around the world, those representing Islam commit violent and brutal acts. We have a "president" who says that it is "unlikely" Ebola would spread to the United States, but it is confirmed in America. We have a "president" who says the borders are secure, yet tens of thousands of illegals are streaming across the borders.
We have a "president" who deceives; a media that ignores; a Congress that neglects; and a citizenry who in part is ignorant of the nation's condition, and in part is frustrated beyond belief. The natural affection of one American to another seems gone. The ability to earn a living is diminished. The security of our nation--both at home and abroad--is threatened. It appears that none in authority are willing to address any issue. As the Lord said in Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should build up the wall, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it." We need to determine when is enough, enough before the second part of the verse is realized: "but I found none."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Israeli Pharmaceutical Company Can Produce Ebola Drug in Large Quantities; In short Period of Time-If asked
"Today our production capacity exceeds our needs, and we would certainly be happy to have the company producing the Ebola drug have us produce the drug for them. We would know how to do it effectively, in large quantities, and in a relatively short period of time."
Israel over the past month has been playing an increasingly central role in the global battle against the Ebola epidemic in West Africa that the UN Security Council recently deemed a "threat to international peace and security."
Over 6,000 cases of Ebola have been reported and over 3,000 people have died of the disease in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia since the start of the year. The actual numbers are estimated to be much higher, though most cases are concealed for fear of forced quarantine.
On at least two occasions in recent months Israel has quarantined people suspected of having contracted the virus during visits to Africa. Both cases turned out to be false alarms.
Israel has dispatched medical teams to Sierra Leone and Cameroon to train local doctors on how to better combat the Ebola outbreak. Sierra Leone has also requested medication for treating the symptoms of Ebola, and Israel has reportedly promised to provide.
There is no known cure for Ebola, though American drug company Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc. has produced an experimental treatment known as ZMapp. The only problem is that the relatively limited supply of ZMapp has been exhausted, and the company says it will take months to produce more.
An Israeli biopharmaceutical company, Protalix, says it is ready to step in and fill the gap.
"Today our production capacity exceeds our needs, and we would certainly be happy to have the company producing the Ebola drug have us produce the drug for them. We would know how to do it effectively, in large quantities, and in a relatively short period of time," a representative of Protalix told Channel 2 News.
Israel fighting ebolaMeanwhile, a smartphone app developed atop an Israeli-made platform is already having a major impact on the spread of Ebola.
Called "About Ebola" and available for both iOS and Android, the app's makers successfully leveraged the Snapp platform to get the crucial software to market in a mere three days.
"About Ebola" has since been downloaded thousands of times by medical workers in the field and by residents of the affected areas. It has even been rapidly translated into local rural languages thanks to the flexibility of Snapp.
When the UN Security Council two weeks ago gathered in emergency sessions for the first time ever in response to a health crisis, Ambassador Ron Prosor said that "Israel is proud to be playing its part" in the urgent global effort to defeat Ebola.
Source: Breaking Christian News
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders
Japan volcano death toll likely to rise to around 46 as more victims found
The death toll from Japan's worst volcanic eruption in decades is likely to rise to around 46 after as more victims were discovered on the ash-covered summit, media said on Wednesday. (Yahoo.com) Read more.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"I Can Only Imagine" - Mercy Me
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Almost every day of the year, a member of Congress or a Senator is celebrating a birthday. Let's lift up these men and women, day by day in prayer on their special day, that God might bless them and show them His love for each one. Indeed, let's move together in obedience to the Lord's mandate in I Timothy 2:1-4. It is written:
"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."
Today's Birthday Greetings go to:
Rep. Grace Meng (NY)
Rep. Devin Nunes (CA)
(Source: Bible Pathways Ministries. www.biblepathway.org)