iPledge Sunday video now available.
Go here to view.
Please join us in praying for full recovery
of Nina Pham and Amber Vinson from Ebola
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, October 17, 2014
And Miriam answered them:
"Sing to the Lord,
For He has triumphed gloriously!
The horse and its rider
He has thrown into the sea!"
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:11)
The Daily Brief
1. State Department warns US businesses in North Africa of ISIS retaliation - Fox News
The State Department is warning American businesses operating in North Africa of an increased risk of retaliation by militants over the U.S. military campaign against the Islamic State. The warning, which is specific to Morocco, is contained in an Oct. 7 dispatch -- obtained by Fox News -- from the Bureau of Diplomatic Security and its Overseas Security Advisory Council.
While no specific plot or credible intelligence is cited, the message warns that: "As the U.S. Government extends its anti-ISIL efforts, there is a heightened risk that U.S. private sector and civilian interests may be targeted." (Read more)
- We pray Father that You frustrate and expose the tactics of the enemy to dismantle any plan or forces of evil (Isis retailiation) to come against Your will for businesses operating in North Africa. In the meantime, we pray for protection and blessing upon those who base their business practices in righteousness and pursue their work as a mission for God's kingdom. We pray that this would be an opportunity to spread the gospel in the market place while You provide a way of escape for them. In Your Mighty Name, Jesus.
- "The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him and delivers them." (Psalm 34:7)
2. Texas Attorney General tells Houston city hall: Stop bullying Christians - Fox News
Stop bullying people of faith. That's the bottom line of a harshly-worded letter written by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott to Houston City Attorney David Feldman. Feldman's office sent subpoenas to five Houston pastors last month demanding that they turn over any sermons dealing with homosexuality and gender identity issues. They also wanted sermons or correspondence that referenced Annise Parker, the city's first openly lesbian mayor. (Read more)
- Father God, the temptation is great to fall into despair, to respond to persecution with sin and to doubt Your love. Help the pastors to pursue righteousness regardless of circumstances. We thank You GOD for those pastors who are not threatened or intimidated by the Mayor or by anyone who stands against people of faith. We pray for divine grace to forgive as Christ forgave and that the eyes of those who seek harm against Your Word and Your Name Sake, will be opened and they will turn from darkness to light-from the power fo Satan to light. We ask that there will be an immediate reversal and that these subpoenas be rescinded in Jesus Name, Amen!
- "To open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. That they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me." (Acts 26:18)
3. Ebola Travel Bans Enacted by Nearly 30 Countries, but Not US - Newsmax
Nearly every African nation has instituted travel bans on West African countries with significant Ebola outbreaks. Though the Obama administration has insisted travel bans are not necessary, even countries outside of Africa are beginning to start such travel bans, with Colombia and the Caribbean island of St. Lucia on Wednesday adding their names to a growing list of nearly 30 countries that block travelers from virus-stricken Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea. African nations including Kenya, Zambia, and South Africa make up the bulk of the countries that have instituted some kind of ban, and now that countries on the other side of the Atlantic have begun imposing restrictions, calls for the U.S. to follow suit have intensified. (Read more)
- We are seeking You Father on behalf of this Ebola Outbreak. We pray for wisdom to know how to deal with these issues. Your ways are higher than ours and we need to know strategies to impose restrictions on how to block travelers from these virus stricken countries. We also pray for those who have this virus, that they will seek God's healing graces and comfort. That they will draw from Him and follow Him boldly, even in their affliction, as He walks them throughout their ordeal and that God will provide their caregivers and families renewed strength and trust in Him.
- "And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them and healed their sick." (Matthew 14:14)
4. Virus-transmitting 'yellow fever' mosquitoes discovered in L.A. County
- LA times
A new aggressive daytime-biting mosquito capable of transmitting debilitating and possibly deadly viruses has been found in the Los Angeles region, officials announced Wednesday. Known as yellow fever mosquitoes, the insects were found Oct. 7 and 8 in Commerce and Pico Rivera, respectively, according to the Greater Los Angeles County Vector Control District. (Read more)
- Father with Ebola, Enterovirus, Chikungunya, and other diseases running throughout our nation, we do not need another one. We pray against this infestation and bind up all diseases within the mosquitoes in Jesus' Name and by His Blood.
- "You shall not be afraid . . . of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction what lays waste at noonday . . ." (Psalm 91:5-6)
5. College students claim they were threatened after handing out Constitutions - Fox news
Four Southern Oregon University students claim university officials threatened to call the police and take disciplinary action against them last week after they passed out free copies of the U.S. Constitution and asked other students to sign a petition to end limitations on areas where students can demonstrate. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray for Your intervention on behalf of these students who were exercising their First amendment rights.
- "The proud have dug pits for me, which is not according to Your law."
6. Sweden close to being cashless society: report - CNBC
Four out of five purchases in Sweden are paid electronically or by debit card and with the development of cheaper technology the trend is moving towards a fully cash free society, according to a new report. "Sweden and the rest of Scandinavia leads the world in terms of cashless trading," said Bengt Nilervall at the Swedish Federation of Trade (Svensk Handel).
- Father, protect the USA from becoming a cashless society where the government can dictate what we buy and where we buy. Protect the USA from a government that rules the people instead of a people who rule through the government. Protect our freedoms, Lord.
- "Differing weights and differing measures, both of them are abominable to the Lord." (Proverbs 20:10)
7. "An earthquake at the synod"- John Thavis.com
That's how veteran Vatican reporter John Thavis described a document released this morning:The relatio post disceptationem read aloud in the synod hall, while defending fundamental doctrine, calls for the church to build on positive values in unions that the church has always considered "irregular," including cohabitating couples, second marriages undertaken without annulments and even homosexual unions. Regarding homosexuals, it went so far as to pose the question whether the church could accept and value their sexual orientation without compromising Catholic doctrine.
- Dear Heavenly Father, the leaders of the Roman Catholic Church are meeting to discuss how to evangelize lapsed Catholics. They discuss things without discussing what Your Word has to say on these subjects. Your Son died on a cross and paid the price for their salvation. We pray that these talks, which will be taking place throughout the year, will open their eyes to the truth of Your Word and that their final relatio reflects the Word of God.
- "As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed! For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ."(Galatians 1:9-10)
8. Sick woman causes Ebola scare at Pentagon, patient being evaluated - Fox News
An Ebola scare on Friday caused police to shut down a Pentagon entrance and a portion of the parking lot after a woman who claimed to have recently been to West Africa got sick and threw up on a bus ride to an event. (Read more)
- Lord God, we seem to be seeing quite a few stories just now of people vomiting while on public or private transportation. In this story, this woman may not have even been invited to attend a ceremony at the Pentagon.
Lord God, we ask that all hidden things be revealed and that, if these "jihadist Ebola warriors" are now on our land, they be identified, apprehended, and quarantined until they are either cleared as "well," or they perish. We ask this in Jesus' name, and we cry out for their souls, amen and amen.
- "He reveals mysteries from the darkness And brings the deep darkness into light." (Job 12:22)
9. Putin says Western sanctions threaten nuclear 'stability' - EU Observer
Russian leader Vladimir Putin has said the Ukraine crisis threatens nuclear "strategic stability" and global "economic health". "We hope our partners will realize the futility of attempts to blackmail Russia and remember what consequences discord between major nuclear powers could bring for strategic stability", he said, referring to EU and US sanctions, in Serb daily Politika on Thursday (16 October).[Read more]
- Heavenly Father help us never to forget that our stability is found only in Christ Jesus. Lord we pray that You will break the spiritual and social powers that hold the Russian President and his leaders captive to do the will of the enemy. Please remove any and all deception from their hearts and reveal truths of faith.
We raise our voices together to You in one accord concerning this developing situation. We pray for Godly wisdom for those in authority to know what to do and how to deal properly exhibiting spiritual power and authority.
- "Why did the nations rage and the people plot vain things? The kings of the earth took their stand and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord and against His Christ." (Acts 4:25-26)
The Middle East in Focus
"He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
1. Spanish parliament to vote on Palestinian state recognition - Ynet news
The Spanish parliament was set to vote on recognizing a Palestinian state on Friday, Al Arabiya reported.
The announcement comes days after British lawmakers voted in favor of a non-binding motion to recognize the Palestinian state, and after Sweden's new center-left government announced it would officially recognize Palestine, causing rift in ties with Israel. (Read more)
- Abba, Sweden and England have set a movement in motion. Many countries are ready to push forward with a Palestinian state. Father, we pray for Your will to be done. We trust You and ask that You give encouragement and strength when we do not understand why events happen. We will not stop praying for a unified Israel, the peace of Jerusalem, and Your glory to fill the earth. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
2. Ministers wallop Kerry for linking stalled peace talks to rise of Islamic State -Times of Israel
US Secretary of State John Kerry came under fire from right-wing Israeli politicians Friday after saying that the Israeli Palestinian conflict was fueling the spread of Islamic terror in the Middle East.
Economy Minister Naftali Bennett indicated that Kerry was using an anti-Semitic canard and Communications Minister Gilad Erdan accused the top US diplomat of showing an unprecedented lack of understanding of the Middle East. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for Secretary of State Kerry. Father, we pray that You will give John Kerry guidance and wisdom. We pray that he will seek a deeper relationship with you unlike any he might already have. Lord, move in his heart and give him a true burden for Israel and for Your people. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
3. Ben Gurion Airport holds Ebola drill - Times of Israel
Israeli officials conducted an Ebola identification training exercise Friday at Ben Gurion International Airport outside Tel Aviv.
Officials and employees from the Population Immigration and Border Authority, airlines, the Magen David Adom emergency medical services, the Health Ministry and the police participated in the drill, aimed at identifying travelers who could potentially have contracted the virulent disease.
As part of the exercise, officials were challenged to identify potential patients when they positively answer routine questions about their health and travel. All three of the "patients" were indeed picked out. (Read more)
4. Palestinian boy killed by IDF in West Bank -Times of Israel
Palestinian boy was shot and killed near Ramallah by Israeli soldiers Thursday evening after throwing a Molotov cocktail.
Palestinian media reported that Baha Samir Bader, 13, was shot in the chest by IDF troops in the West Bank town of Beit Liqia.
The IDF said that the soldiers fired at the boy when he threw a firebomb at the unit while it was leaving the village north of Ramallah, near the West Bank settlement of Beit El. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, please be with the family of this young boy. We ask that you comfort them in their grieving. Lord, if Baha Samir Bader had been trained to carry out jihadist, terrorist tactics . . . even as a "suicide bomber," we ask that this death would serve as a wakeup call to all families in Gaza that this is not the way to peace.
We also pray, Abba, that You will let the media tell the truth about this event. The Palestinian viewpoint will most likely announce it as the IDF just attacked an innocent boy. They probably won't release the fact that he was throwing firebombs at the troops. Father, we ask that You make known the details to the people. Let them not have a clouded opinion of this event. Thank You, Abba, in the name of Yeshuah we pray, amen.
5. Hamas protesters in Gaza call to 'defend' Temple Mount - Times of Israel
Hamas organized a demonstration in Gaza City on Friday to call for the defense of the al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and the alleged "threats" posed to the site by Israel.
Hamas leader Ismail Radwan warned against a "dangerous level of Judaization" of Jerusalem and the mosque, the third holiest site in Islam.
"Al-Aqsa is a red line: Israel must be aware that the ongoing raids and attacks on al-Aqsa will cause a volcanic explosion in the area that will reach Israel," he said, according to Palestinian news agency Ma'an, adding that Palestinian worshipers in Jerusalem should defend the site. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray for the peace of Jerusalem. We pray for the protection of the Israeli forces who are trying to keep peace at these important sites. We ask that You send Your angels to stand guard and protect Israel and the Temple Mount. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
6. Abbas: PA will maintain peace in Gaza to boost reconstruction efforts - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority president Mahmoud Abbas has vowed that his government will aim to maintain quiet in Gaza in the near future in order to encourage financial support for reconstruction in the coastal enclave.
The PA president's remarks came in the wake of a donor conference in Cairo, during which nations pledged $5.4 billion to help rebuild Gaza from damage sustained during Operation Protective Edge. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray for Mr. Abbas. Father, we ask that You will convict his heart of his actions towards and deceit against Israel. Father, he has lied, manipulated, and twisted information to make himself look better. We pray for his salvation, Father. Nothing is too great for You! Father, forgive him. We stand in the gap and ask that You will change his heart. Father, make any plans that he has put into place that would be destructive to Israel crumble. We ask that the money that has been donated really will help the innocent Palestinians and not fall into the hands of terrorists. Let the outcome bring glory to Your Holy Name! We ask in the name of Yeshuah, amen.
"The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet." (Romans 16:20)
1. As ISIS Swarms Kobani, US Military Sees Chance to Take out Terror Targets - Fox News
Military and White House officials said Friday that the fierce fighting in the Syrian border town of Kobani has created an opportunity to take out large numbers of Islamic State fighters pouring into the battle.
Though the fighting has raised concerns that the vital town could still fall to the Islamic State, Army Gen. Lloyd Austin, head of U.S. Central Command, claimed Friday that there's an upside for the U.S. and its allies.
"The enemy has made a decision to make Kobani his main effort," Austin said, claiming "manpower" is streaming into the area.
"Now, my goal is to defeat and ultimately destroy ISIL. And if [the enemy] continues to present us with major targets ... then clearly, we'll service those targets, and we've done so very, very effectively here of late," Austin said. (Read more)
2. Former Iraqi pilots training ISIS fighters to fly captured Syrian jets, rights group says - Fox News
ISIS could be soon taking its terror fight to the sky, after a report that former Iraqi pilots are training Islamic militants to fly captured Syrian war planes.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights group says some ex-Iraqi air force pilots are training members of ISIS to fly three warplanes-believed to be MiG-21 and MiG-23 jets-- captured from air bases in Syria.
The rights group reported the planes flying over the Jarrah air base in the eastern countryside of the Syrian town of Aleppo this week. (Read more)
3. Old rivalries keeping Turkey on sidelines of Syria fight, analysts say - Fox News
Old geopolitical rivalries are throwing a wrench into U.S. efforts to bring Turkey on board with the mission to "degrade and destroy" the Islamic State in a Syrian border town. (Read more)
4. Iraq imposes curfew in western city, fearing ISIS advance - Fox News
The Iraqi government imposed a curfew in the western city of Ramadi on Friday over fears that the Islamic State group might try to advance on the strategically important city.
The curfew began at midnight as part of an effort to limit movement in and out of the city as government forces prepared to eliminate pockets of resistance there, said Sabah Karhout, the chairman of the Anbar provincial council. Ramadi, the capital of the vast Sunni-dominated province of Anbar, is located 70 miles west of Baghdad.
The Islamic State group has in recent weeks been making gains against the embattled Iraqi military around Ramadi despite ongoing U.S.-led coalition airstrikes on the militants. (Read more)
5. Britain may use mediaeval treason law to tackle Islamist fighters - Ynet News
Britain may use a mediaeval law dating to 1351 to charge citizens with treason if they go to fight with Islamic State insurgents in Iraq and Syria, Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said.
Hammond said any British citizen who had sworn personal allegiance to the so-called Islamic State could have committed an offence under the Treason Act of 1351, which was passed during the reign of English King Edward III.
"We have seen people declaring that they have sworn personal allegiance to the so-called Islamic State," Hammond told parliament on Thursday. "That does raise questions about their loyalty and allegiance to this country and about whether the offense of treason could have been committed," he said, adding he would bring the issue to the attention of Home Secretary (interior minister) Theresa May. (Read more)
6. Dutch biker gang grabs rifles, joins Kurds in fight against ISIS - Fox News
Members of a massive Dutch motorcycle gang, armed with Kalashnikov rifles, recently joined Kurdish forces battling the Islamic State in Iraq, vowing to "exterminate the rodents." The leader of No Surrender -- which has dozens of chapters in the Netherlands and across Europe -- told state broadcaster NOS on Friday that three of its members have traveled to Mosul in Northern Iraq to take up the fight against ISIS, AFP reports. (Read more)
The Daily Jot
Can you trust a man who believes wrongly?
Here is a guy who believes that man evolves from apes and that if you tax people enough you can control the climate, so when the occupant of the Oval Office says that it is unlikely that ebola will spread in the United States, how does that pass the straight-face test? It doesn't. This "president" has done nothing in his entire six and a half years to protect the American people from unnecessary risk. He has thrown in with al Qaeda, The Muslim Brotherhood, and the Islamic State. He has destroyed the best health care system in the world. He has pummeled the economy. He has allowed the diseased, criminal, and terrorist to enter the country at will. How can you trust anything someone like this would say?
So now you see a White House that minces words, stretches meanings, and down right lies to the public over something of which we need to know the truth. Question to Jim Earnest, White House Press Secretary: " Yesterday the President said that an Ebola epidemic in the United States is highly unlikely. Is that statement still operative today? Answer: It is true. It's guided by the science. That's what our experts say. Our experts say that because the way that Ebola is transmitted is very clear and it is something that is not likely to happen in the United States...The only way that an individual can get Ebola is by coming into close contact with the bodily fluids of an individual that is already exhibiting symptoms of Ebola."
The trouble with these communists who have taken over our government--in both parties, mind you--is that they think if they say it, it means something. They say that ebola, for example, is virtually impossible to contract here in America. Yet two people have it. They say that there is global warming and we have to tax the people to prevent it, yet we have entered a cooling cycle, and global warming scientists have admitted to fudging the data. They say that man came from an ape, yet it does not occur in present day history, there is no evolution evident. They say to kill a baby in the womb is legal, yet if a pregnant woman is murdered, the murderer is charged with a double homicide. Saying things don't make them so.
In fact, these folks have deceived many a voter by pulling heartstrings and feigning care, concern for the less fortunate and caring little if nothing in their actions. Jesus said in Matthew 7:18 and 20, "A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit...Wherefore by their fruits you shall know them." Whatever you think about ebola, there are people dying from it. This is no joke. The other thing that is also true is that the "president" has failed to protect the borders, and at the same time, has failed to protect the general welfare of the public. Whether he has purposely done so is yet to be seen. But based on his previous record, you can draw your own conclusions.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Arizona: Grief Yes, Despair No
Arizona: Grief Yes, Despair No:
Arizona Federal Judge Overrules Voters' Approval of Ban on Same-Sex Marriages
"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." (Psalm 27:13 NASB)
Press Release: Center for Arizona Policy (CAP)
As CAP Communications Director Aaron Baer shared recently, when I have faced a trial or been overwhelmed with a disappointment or defeat, I have gone to this verse.
Today, we have suffered a major defeat. U.S. District Judge John Sedwick has ruled that the Arizona constitutional marriage amendment passed by the voters overwhelmingly in 2008 is unconstitutional. Recently the U.S. Supreme Court declined to address the marriage issue. This means that a handful of lower court judges have been able to redefine marriage - in essence, a de facto Roe v. Wade ruling on marriage not unlike the 1973 decision to legalize abortion.
The courts have decreed that self-governance by the people does not matter. The courts have abused their authority to overturn one of the key foundational principles of our nation - that marriage is only the union of one man and one woman. Two men or two women will now be able to be legally married in our state of Arizona and in 30 states plus Washington D.C.
Yet God's Word has not changed. God still ordains marriage to only be the union of one man and one woman. Social science data has not changed, as it overwhelmingly continues to show that marriage between one man and one woman remains the best family arrangement for men, women, and children. The most recent national poll by Pew Research Center even shows support for marriage redefinition at less than 50%.
No court can redefine marriage. The truth remains that marriage has always been and will continue to be only the union of one man and one woman.
There are those today that try to paint us as being on the wrong side of history. To that, I quote my colleague John Stemberger, President and General Counsel of the Florida Family Policy Council:
"The little boy in the inner city who longs to have a father that longing will never be on the wrong side of history. The little girl who desires to have a mom because she only has two dads and two men in her life as she's trying to go through life to figure out the changes in her body as a woman that little girl's desire to have a mom will never be on the wrong side of history. The beauty of how a man and a woman come together and life springs forth and the next generation is born that will never be on the wrong side of history because it's built into the human experience. Whether it's today or 30 years from now eventually society is going to have to come back to the importance and the centrality of this human institution in order to maintain basic social order. "
Today, we grieve. We grieve for the children who now have no chance of growing up with a mom and a dad. We mourn the loss of a culture and its moral foundation. We mourn a culture that continues to turn its back on God and His principles.
But we do not despair. We do not throw in the towel. We do not give up.
Tomorrow, we rise again to fight the battle. In 1973, many thought the U.S. Supreme Court's decision legalizing abortion would end the debate on abortion. Yet look what has happened over forty years later. Polls repeatedly show a majority of Americans holding pro-life views. States have passed over 200 pro-life measures in recent years. There is a general acknowledgement that abortion not only ends a preborn child's life but also hurts women and men. As a result of pro-life efforts these last 40 years, the abortion rate has declined. Babies and their mothers are being saved - not nearly enough but we are on a path to see an end to abortion in our lifetimes.
Join Center for Arizona Policy as we redouble our efforts to rebuild a culture of marriage, to restore marriage to its original meaning and purpose as the best family structure for men, women, and children. And, yes, our top priority will be to ensure that no one's religious liberty is threatened or denied because of their faith-based views regarding marriage.
Pray for revival in our country. Pray that 2 Chronicles 7:14 would be a reality and that we would turn from our wicked ways, humble ourselves, and God would heal our land. May God have mercy on us.
Plan now to join us on Sunday, November 2, 3:00-5:00 p.m., at the Arizona State Capitol for a time of praise, worship, and prayer for our state and nation.
Make your voice heard. The November 4 election is 18 days away. Early balloting began in Arizona over one week ago. Take time to visit azvoterguide.com. Learn about the candidates that share your values. Then cast an informed vote. Don't be confused or misled by the television ads, the mailers, or the phone calls. Get the facts at azvoterguide.com. Pray about which candidates to vote for and then let your voice be heard. Don't sit out this election!
It's Your Voice. Your Values. Your Vote.
- Father God, at the end of this very long week, we lift up the people in the State of Arizona, as well as those in the other nine states, where the mandates of the voters to ban same-sex marriage has been overruled by an activist, federal judge.
Lord God, we ask that You would touch the heart of each man and woman who has been wounded by these judicial decisions, and bring Your healing touch to rest upon each one of us. Father, we ask for strength for today, and hope for tomorrow, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't get discouraged and give up." (Gal. 6:9 TLB)
Houston Mayor Refiles Pastor Subpoenas, Retains Demand for Communications With Threat of Fines, Jail
Friday, October 17, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Family Research Council President Tony Perkins made the following statements after Houston Mayor Annise Parker agreed to revise subpoenas against pastors that drop the word "sermons" but retain the demand for 17 different categories of information - including speeches by the pastors, emails, text messages and other private communications within the church:
"This head-fake might fool some, but the reality is, Mayor Parker didn't need a subpoena to access those sermons in the first place. They were already public. In this 'new' filing, the Mayor still insists on seeing private emails, texts, and other communications related to the Mayor's office and the city's 'bathroom bill.' While two words - 'or sermons' - are dropped from the 'revised' subpoena, the government intrusion into private religious affairs remains. The 'revised' subpoena is a difference without a distinction.
"Obviously, Houston's leadership has one goal-and information gathering isn't it. This is about political intimidation. But if the Mayor was hoping to scare off these churches, she'll have to try harder. Every pastor I've spoken to would go to jail before surrendering their God-given rights to preach the Truth free from government harassment and intimidation.
"Houston has become a rallying cry for freedom-loving Americans tired of seeing their laws and liberties casually tossed aside in a stampede. This is why more than 38,000 people have signed our petition in the last two days, standing with the Houston pastors and calling on Mayor Parker to immediately retract these unconstitutional and unconscionable demands," concluded Perkins.
The petition can be accessed at www.frc.org/Houston
Frieden's Fiasco II
Frieden's Fiasco II
A CBS News poll finds that the public's confidence in the Centers for Disease Control has been shattered as a result of Dr. Thomas Frieden's politically correct handling of Ebola. Only 37 percent of Americans believe the CDC is currently doing a good or excellent job. That's a huge drop from the 60% rating the agency scored in a May 2013 poll. Let me repeat: Dr. Frieden must resign.
It's easy to understand why the public's confidence is waning. After learning that an Ebola infected nurse was permitted to board a commercial airliner, I asked in yesterday's report if the CDC had any idea what the other Dallas healthcare workers under observation were up to. Clearly the answer is no.
Headlines today inform us that one worker who handled lab samples from Thomas Duncan is currently on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. But don't worry -- she is isolated.
As for the nurse, Frontier Airlines is now reportedly trying to track down not just the 132 people on her return flight to Dallas, but as many as 800 people "linked to flights [Amber Vinson] took between Dallas and Cleveland." Why? It is now feared that she "may have had symptoms sooner than originally believed."
Today Barack Obama appointed an Ebola czar to try to clean up the mess his administration has helped produce. But rather than picking a medical expert, Obama chose a political operative, Ron Klain, former chief of staff to Vice Presidents Joe Biden and Al Gore. As it has done in previous crises, the Obama Administration sees Ebola through a political lens while claiming to follow science.
Obama also raised eyebrows late yesterday afternoon for signing an executive order authorizing the deployment of National Guard troops to fight the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. I doubt that is what our weekend warriors had in mind when they signed up.
I highly recommend you take some time today or over the weekend to read the column "Six Reasons To Panic" by Jonathan Last in The Weekly Standard. Much of the information has been covered in our report over the past two weeks, but Last does a great job condensing it all in one place.
It is summarized well in his closing sentences: "We have arrived at a moment with our elite institutions where it is impossible to distinguish incompetence from willful misdirection. This can only compound an already dangerous situation." (Gary Bauer)
Pray for the Election (Part Three)
Pray for the Election (Part Three)
Christian Coalition of America Issues Congressional Scorecards
Christian Coalition Congressional Scorecards are one of the most powerful tools that pro-family conservatives have ever had to educate others on where our representatives in public office stand on key faith and family issues.
Our scorecards are designed to let Americans know how our Senators and Congressmen voted on the issues that impact our families. We base our rankings on the votes that were most important to the conservative agenda - then let that information speak for itself.
> > > To find out how you can secure one of these valuable Scorecards, go here.
MONDAY: Pray for the Election (Part Four)
Learn about the coalition, spearheaded by the Family Research Council, of many ministries joined together with one goal: get out the vote! Please stay tuned . . .
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
New "Natural" Molecule And Treatment for Auto-Immune Diseases Shows Promise and Hope
"This is a universal molecule that can potentially treat not only autoimmune diseases, but other acute or chronic conditions such as allergy, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, sepsis and immunodeficiency." -Dr. Stefan G. Tullius
(Boston, MA)-The main function of the immune system is to protect against diseases and infections. For unknown reasons our immune system attacks healthy cells, tissues and organs in a process called autoimmunity, which can result in diseases such as multiple sclerosis, type 1 diabetes, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. There are currently no existing cures for these diseases.
Now, in a new study by researchers at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH), a potential treatment maybe on the horizon. Researchers found that NAD+, a natural molecule found in living cells, plants and food protects against autoimmune diseases by altering the immune response and turning "destructive" cells into "protective" cells. The molecule is also able to reverse disease progression by restoring damaged tissue caused by the autoimmunity process.
"Our study is the first to show that NAD+ can tune the immune response and restore tissue integrity by activating stem cells," said Abdallah ElKhal, PhD, BWH Division of Transplant Surgery and Transplantation Surgery Research Laboratory, senior study author. "These findings are very novel and may serve for the development of novel therapeutics."
The study is published online October 7, 2014 in Nature Communications.
The scientists performed pre-clinical trials using experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, a pre-clinical model for human multiple sclerosis. They showed that NAD+ can block acute or chronic inflammation by regulating how immune cells, called CD4+ T cells, differentiate. Mice receiving CD4+ T cells along with NAD+ present had a significant delayed onset of disease, as well as a less severe form, therefore demonstrating the molecule's protective properties.
"This is a universal molecule that can potentially treat not only autoimmune diseases, but other acute or chronic conditions such as allergy, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, sepsis and immunodeficiency," said Stefan G. Tullius, MD, PhD, BWH Chief of Transplant Surgery and Director of Transplantation Surgery Research, lead study author.
Moreover, the researchers demonstrated that NAD+ can restore tissue integrity which may benefit patients that have advanced tissue damage caused by autoimmune diseases. In terms of next steps, ElKhal notes that the lab is currently testing additional pathways and the clinical potential of NAD+.
"Since this is a natural molecule found in all living cells, including our body, we hope that it will be well-tolerated by patients," said ElKhal. "Thus, we hope that its potential as a powerful therapeutic agent for the treatment of autoimmune diseases will facilitate its use in future clinical trials." (Breaking Christian News) Read more
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders
GREEN COMET APPROACHES RED PLANET
On Sunday, Oct. 19th, Comet Siding Spring will pass only 140,000 km away from Mars. For comparison, that's about 1/3rd the distance between Earth and the Moon. For a while last year, astronomers thought the comet might actually hit Mars, setting off a cataclysmic climate change experiment, but now we know it's going to be a near miss.
On October 23rd there will be a partial eclipse of the Sun. Got clouds? No problem. The event will be broadcast live on the web by the Coca-Cola Science Center.
Solar Eclipse Live ARCTIC LIGHTS: For the second day in a row, auroras are dancing around the Arctic Circle. The lights were sparked by a minor CME impact on Oct. 14th and amplified on Oct. 15th when Earth passed through a fold in the heliospheric current sheet. NOAA forecasters estimate a 40% chance of continued polar geomagnetic storms on Oct. 16th. Aurora alerts: text, voice GREEN COMET APPROACHES RED PLANET: On Sunday, Oct. 19th, Comet Siding Spring will pass only 140,000 km away from Mars. For comparison, that's about 1/3rd the distance between Earth and the Moon. For a while last year, astronomers thought the comet might actually hit Mars, setting off a cataclysmic climate change experiment, but now we know it's going to be a near miss. Last night, only three days before closest approach, astrophotographer Damian Peach snapped this picture: "The comet is presently moving against the dense star clouds of the southern Milky Way," says Peach. "Soon, however, it will reach Mars." An international fleet of Mars orbiters and rovers will observe the encounter from close range. The most interesting data could come from MAVEN, a NASA spacecraft that has reached Mars just ahead of the comet. MAVEN is designed to study the martian atmosphere. That's good, because when the comet arrives, the atmosphere of the comet will likely brush against the atmosphere of Mars, possibly sparking auroras on the Red Planet. MAVEN could record these alien lights.
"Just as exciting," adds comet researcher Karl Battams of the Naval Research Lab, "is the prospect of the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter's HiRISE camera being able to actually resolve (i.e. determine the shape of) the nucleus of the comet. ESA and NASA spacecraft have seen comet nuclei before, but comet Siding Spring is a little different. It's an 'Oort Cloud comet' on its first ever foray into our solar system. This means it is largely pristine and will likely not have undergone any major changes since it formed. We've never seen one of these comets up close. Never. We don't know exactly what to expect." (SpaceWeather.com) Read more.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Be Thou My Vision"
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Almost every day of the year, a member of Congress or a Senator is celebrating a birthday. Let's lift up these men and women, day by day in prayer on their special day, that God might bless them and show them His love for each one. Indeed, let's move together in obedience to the Lord's mandate in I Timothy 2:1-4. It is written:
"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."
Today's Birthday Greetings go to:
Rep. Cheri Bustos (IL)
Rep. Gene Green (TX)
Sen. Martin Heinrich (NM)
Rep. Mike Quigley (IL)
(Source: Bible Pathways Ministries. www.biblepathway.org)
Our Prayer for You Today
Our Prayer for You Today
Father, let us be numbered with the Tribe of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do . . . Help us, Lord to effectively pray Your will on earth as it is in heaven. Give us Divine strategies and strength to persevere in prayer! Amen!