> > > Mount Etna in Italy explodes.
See amazing images here!
Pro-Life Victory at the Supreme Court!
See our Good News section, below.
See amazing images here!
Pro-Life Victory at the Supreme Court!
See our Good News section, below.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
"I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you." (Isaiah 44:22)
Thank you for praying for the Persecuted Church!
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Gas Cut to Ukraine, as Russia Has 38,000 Troops on Border - Bloomberg
Russia has amassed as many as 38,000 soldiers on its borders with Ukraine and continues to supply arms and personnel to rebel forces in the eastern part of the country, Ukraine's National Security Council chief said.
- Precious Lord, in the name of Jesus, we come against the ambitions of Russia in the taking of territory from the sovereign country of Ukraine. Father, protect those in the path of the Russian armies and see that the critical needs for gas are restored to this country. We pray that the borders of each country will be honored as You have established.
- "Do not remove the ancient landmark which your fathers have set." (Prov. 22:28)
2. G-7 Commits to Adopting "Global" Climate Change Agreement
- Washington Times
President Obama on Thursday doubled down on his quest to save the world from climate change, urging every nation to "do its share" to reduce carbon emissions and follow the highly controversial path the White House is forging here in the U.S.
But even as Mr. Obama uses executive authority to dramatically reduce greenhouse gas emissions at home, there's no guarantee countries such as China - the world's largest offender when it comes to carbon pollution - will follow suit, and the president's previous attempts to lead a worldwide global warming initiative have ended in disappointment.
Now, with Britain, France, Canada and other nations at his side, Mr. Obama is fully reviving the effort. At a G-7 meeting in Brussels on Thursday, the group, with Mr. Obama leading the way, said it is committed to adopting a "global agreement" next year and taking another stab at uniting the world's largest economies to confront the challenge head on.
"We agreed at the G-7 to continue to lead by example in the fight against climate change, which poses a danger to our environment, our economies and our national security. I made it clear that the United States will continue to do our part," Mr. Obama said at a press conference alongside British Prime Minister David Cameron. "We agreed that every nation has to do its share." (Read more)
- Once called "global warming" and now "climate change," these weather concerns, centered on the polar icecaps, are not going away. The G7 debate raises the question, "What is government to do?" The focus is on increased regulation, which translates into higher taxation. Pray for emotional protection and comfort, especially for senior citizens, who may be more susceptible to fear. Human government tends to control its citizens. Righteous government seeks to serve. Intercede for national renewal, through revival. The Christian's strength is faith in the living God in the face of fear. In your circle of influence, minister from Psalm 31, where David proclaimed, "My times are in Your hand."
- "But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in Your hand . . . Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who trust in You." (Psalm 31:14-15, 19)
[Prayers offered by Intercessors for America]
3. Senate Confirms Sylvia Mathews Burwell as New Secretary of HHS - Washington Post
The Senate confirmed Sylvia Mathews Burwell, the White House's budget director for the past year, on Thursday as the 22nd secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.
On a bipartisan vote of 78 to 17, senators approved Burwell to lead the government's largest domestic department, ending a quick confirmation process that was devoid of the bitter partisanship surrounding the 2010 Affordable Care Act and the changes it is bringing to the U.S. health-care system. (Read more)
- As this article points out, Sylvia Matthews Burwell, new secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) will oversee an enormous segment of U.S. government responsibility and, as such, deserves the prayerful support of intercessors. As the one who will now have the responsiblity to implement the Affordable Care Act, Ms. Burwell does deserve our prayers.Though little-known nationally, she has served the U.S. in a number of career policy-making positions. In confirmation hearings, there was no challenge to her competence or qualifications. Intercede for her as among those "who are in authority." Pray for our country to experience a turning to the Lord in the difficult and partisan days ahead.
- "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." (1 Tim. 2:1-4)
[Prayers offered by Intercessors for America]
4. U.S. Thrusts "Gay" Agenda upon the World - WND
Prepared by Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., the "International Human Rights Defense Act" would demand that the State Department "make preventing and responding to discrimination and violence against the LGBT community a foreign policy priority and devise a global strategy to achieve those goals." It also would create a job for a federal bureaucrat specifically to do those promotions. (Read more)
- Abba, we were so grieved to see the "rainbow flag" of the gay movement flown under our own Stars and Stripes at the American Embassy in Tel Aviv last week during that nation's own "gay pride week." We praise You, Lord, as the only High God, and we beg for mercy for our nation and for Israel. The strength of the global gay agenda is, by now, almost overwhelming. Without You, Lord, we have no hope, but praise God! Our hope is with you. We ask You to forgive all who are actively working to advance the gay agenda; they know not what they do; and we turn to You to rescue us from this siege of evil. We ask all this in Your Mighty Name, amen and amen.
- "Now know I that the Lord saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God." (Psalm 20: 6,7)
5. Obama "Went to Bed While People Died" - WND
President blamed for Benghazi disaster
Parodying the phrase used by former Secretary of Stare Hillary Clinton, Bongino rhetorically asked, "What difference does it make?" He then answered by saying four men were killed and nothing was done to help them. The man who used to personally guard the president was one of more than a dozen expert panelists convened by the Heritage Foundation and the Benghazi Accountability Coalition for a four-hour examination of the scandal called, "Benghazi: The Difference it Makes is Accountability."
The purpose of the live-streamed conference was to inform Americans of details they have not heard from the establishment media and to provide information for the House select committee on Benghazi to be chaired by Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C. Bongino called it "media malpractice of the highest order" that the most basic questions were not asked, and that the real conspiracy was the establishment media silence. (Read more)
Note: Several of our CHPP Prayer Captains were in attendance at this dramatic forum. We encourage all of our readers to visit the website for the Heritage Foundation and study the facts for yourselves that were released there.
- Lord God, we continue to ask that all the facts related to this tragedy be revealed and for all those who are to be held accountable for the deaths of these four brave men be brought to justice. We ask this in Your Name, amen.
- "He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light." (Job 12:22)
5. US captures key suspect in Benghazi attack - The Hill
U.S. Special Operations forces have captured one of the suspected ringleaders in the 2012 Benghazi attacks, Pentagon spokesman Adm. John Kirby confirmed in a statement Tuesday. Ahmed Abu Khatallah was abducted in a secret raid on Sunday near Benghazi by U.S. troops. (Read more)
- Isn't it interesting that, one day after the hearing named above, that took place at the Heritage Foundation, we see this headline in our news? We are not taken in by the beguiling and the deceptive ways of the leadership of this current administration. Instead, by God's grace, we still have "eyes to see" and "ears to hear" the truth. Ask that today's terrorist REMAIN in jail, and that the public not be deceived into thinking that now, "all is well" concerning the abomination that is Benghazi. Amen. - "Ears that hear and eyes that see-- the LORD has made them both." (Proverbs 20:12)
7. Friend of Marine jailed in Mexico says he is growing increasingly 'despondent' - Fox News
A friend who served with Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi in Afghanistan said the Marine's mother is working with American officials to secure him a new lawyer after the family fired a second attorney last week, and that Tahmooressi is growing increasingly "despondent" behind bars. Tahmooressi has been held in a Mexican prison since March 31 after making a wrong turn into the country with three guns in his truck. Last week, Tahmooressi fired the second of two attorneys he has hired since being in prison. (Read more)
- Mighty Lord, we come before you with this situation that seemingly lacks real justice in the way the Mexican government is dealing with this man. We pray that You, in Your infinite ways, will arrange for him to be freed and returned to his family. As a Creator God, we know Your ways are higher than our ways, and we place our trust in You.
- "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are oppressed." (Luke 4:18)
8. U.S. Public Erupts Over Obama's Bergdahl Swap - WND
Fifty-four percent of Americans say Barack Obama's deal to swap five Taliban leaders for a detained U.S. soldier in the Middle East amounts to providing aid to terrorists - a violation of federal law - according to a new poll. The results are from a national survey of registered voters by Wenzel Strategies. It was conducted June 12-14 and has a margin of error of 3.95 percentage points.
That result is just one of the factors that reveals a deep outrage across America over the deal through which Obama freed five terrorists who had been confined at Guantanamo Bay as too dangerous to release in exchange for Bowe Bergdahl, whose platoon-mates say he actually deserted his Army post before being taken by the Taliban.
"The country's disapproval of the Obama prisoner exchange likely stems from the fact that they feel the national security of the U.S. should always trump the health and safety of one soldier," said Fritz Wenzel, of Wenzel Strategies. He continued, "And there is evidence in the survey data that Obama has put the country at risk with this trade." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that our nation is, indeed, angry at this turn of events. There remain many unanswered questions regarding this "prisoner exchange," but there is one thing we do know for sure: tonight, five deadly Taliban terrorists are roaming the streets, ready to kill again and to release orders for others to do so, as well. God have mercy . . . only You can spare us now.
- "But you, Sovereign Lord, help me for your name's sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me." (Psalm 109:24)
9. Federal Student Loan Debt Up 517% in 5 Years - CNS
Since President Barack Obama took office in January 2009, the outstanding balance on federal direct student loans has gone from $119 billion in 2009 to a staggering $739 billion, or an increase of 517.4 percent.
- Father, we are grieved over this staggering increase on outstanding balances of student loans. We intercede over the financial status of our country. We pray for the prosperity of the United States and its people. In Jesus Name.
- Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper." (Jeremiah 29:7)
10. Tornado slams Nebraska town killing 5-year-old, injuring 19 - Fox News
Residents of the northeast Nebraska town of Pilger were set to begin a massive cleanup operation Tuesday after a deadly tornado swept through the area, killing a 5-year-old and a motorist and injuring 19 others, while demolishing more than half the town's structures. The National Weather Service said two twisters touched down within roughly a mile of each other. Emergency crews and residents spent the evening sorting through demolished homes and businesses in the town of about 350, roughly 100 miles northwest of Omaha. "It was like God dragged two fingernails across the land," Gregg Moeller, who works with the Wisner-Pilger school system told The Omaha World-Herald. (Read more)
- Oh, Father, our hearts go out to the people of Pilger who have been so devastated by this twin tornado event. Father, lift them out of this tragedy by sending shelter, food, clothing, and spiritual encouragement from those who know and love You. We pray that all resources will come together so that their needs are met and the town as a whole and each individual affected will be restored to what they had before. Please send the Comforter especially to the families who lost loved ones.
- "And I will restore to you the years the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you." (Joel 2:25)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1)
1. Over 30,000 Gather At Western Wall to Pray for Kidnapped Teens - Worthy News
Police estimate over 30,000 Israelis gathered at the Western Wall on Sunday to pray for the safe release of three yeshiva students who were kidnapped in the West Bank last Thursday.
2. Hateful Cartoon on Fatah's Facebook Page Celebrate Teen Kidnappings - Worthy News
Fatah, the party that leads the Palestinian Authority, celebrated the kidnappings of three teens, one of which is an American, by posting a hateful cartoon on its Facebook Page.
3. West Bank Kidnapping Triggers Massive Crackdown on Hamas - IPT News
The kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers in the West Bank last week has triggered an enormous and ongoing Israeli crackdown on Hamas, causing the organization to suffer a setback to its presence in the Palestinian territories.
Eyal Yifrach, 19, and 16-year-olds Gilad Shaar and Naftali Frenkel had been hitchhiking in the Gush Etzion area near Hebron before suddenly vanishing Thursday.
Israeli officials say their assessments leave no doubt that Hamas snatched the teenagers. (Read more here.)
4. Prayer Update from Israel - Israel Prayer List
This excellent reference tool lists prayer targets and verses to decree with current news out of Israel. This alert was published today by the USRPN, and can be found by going here.
5. INTERCESSORS FOR ISRAEL PRAYER ALERT - Another excellent posting. Please go here for details.
6. A Special Prayer for the Kidnap Victims - CHPP
As we close this section tonight, our hearts and prayers are still turned towards the three young men who were kidnapped last Thursday night in the hills of Judea. We are pleased to offer this prayer, submitted by one of our prayer partners in the State of Tennessee. Shalom . . .
YHVH, There is a God in Heaven Who reveals secrets and it is You. Just as in the time of Daniel when he and Hananiah (renamed Shadrach), Mishael (renamed Meshach) and Azariah (renamed Abed-nego) were taken captive to Babylon, so today 3 young men have been kidnapped. We pray for Gilad Shaar, Naftali Frenkel and Eyal Yifrach, that the preservation of their lives be in Your hand, that the secret plans of their captives be exposed by You to the IDF and all Israeli authorities until every person responsible for this act of terror is held captive themselves.
You alone appointed each leader in Israel, each person to whom Your power and authority will work through to bring these young men back to their families, alive and well to glorify Your Holy name.
Psalm 68:19-24 "You ascended on high, You have taken captives, You took gifts of man and even of rebels, to dwell with Yah, God. Blessed is the Lord, day by day He burdens us, the God of our salvation, Selah. God is for us a God of salvations; and though YHVH, the Lord, has many avenues toward death, God will cleave only the head of His foes, the hairy skull of him who saunters with his guilt. The Lord promised, I will bring back from Bashan, I will bring back from the depths of the sea; that your foot may wade through blood, the tongue of your dogs may have its food portion from the enemies."
In Judges 5:12 we praise You as Deborah did, standing in faith that You will now hold captive those who are holding these 3 young men captive. Who leads captivity captive but You? Ephesians 4:8 "When You ascended on high, You led captivity captive, and gave gifts to men."
May the blood of the Lamb of God, Yahushua ha Mashiach take the righteous back from the place where they are being held captive. You can indeed bring these young men back and I believe with all my heart You will in the name of Y'shua, amen.
The Daily Jot (Part 1)
Prophecy Clock Ticks Ahead in Iraq
Monday, June 16, 2014
The White House is beefing up security and evacuating staff from the US embassy in Baghdad as the caliphate-forming Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) advances through Northeastern Syria and Northwestern Iraq. The leader of al Qaeda's ISIS, Abu Duaa, was released by the president in 2009 when he shut down the Bucca prison camp. Since then, Duaa has organized a 7,000-man caliphate army that is sweeping through the area where end time prophecy comes to life in the prophet Ezekiel's 38th and 39th chapters. Whether a type and shadow of the real thing, or the beginnings of the actual end time caliphate used by the anti-Christ or Beast in Revelation remains to be seen.
Iran is more involved, eyeing the expansion of its territory. The Daily Jot reported in January that key elements of a new nuclear agreement with Iran contains a secret 30-page side agreement that gave Iran the "right" to continue nuclear research and development. In other words, the US was to pay Iran billions of dollars (in reduced sanctions) to continue its nuclear quest. The US president continued to prepare the way for the emergence of the antichrist by supporting the advance of Islam. Today, we have the convergence of an empowered Iranian state and an al Qaeda-backed Islamic Caliphate--both supplied with Russian arms--coming together in an area that has prophetic end time significance.
And it is the current US president whose policies may have accelerated a possible prophetic revival of an end time Caliphate--Islamic states that come against Israel--Ezekiel 38:2-13: Meshech (Turkey); Tubal (Turkey); Persia (Iran); Ethiopia (Sudan); Libya (Libya), Gomer (Turkey), Togarmah (Turkey); Sheba (Saudi Arabia); Dedan (Saudi Arabia): "To take a spoil, and to take a prey." Speaking of Gog, the antichrist, verse 17 says, "Thus says the Lord God; Art you he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?" And as with the prophecy of Ishmael in Genesis 16:12, Ezekiel 38:21 says, "And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, says the Lord God: every man's sword shall be against his brother."
It is disappointing that the US president has been involved in accelerating these events as there are also prophecies of destruction for those nations who come against Jerusalem. Prophecy watchers should keep an eye on Turkey and how it handles this situation. The "antichrist" is alluded to as the Assyrian in Isaiah 10:5,10:24,14:25, 19:23, 30:31, 31:8, Micah 5:5-6, and Hosea 11:5. It is quite possible that the antichrist/the Assyrian will arise from what is now Turkey. Jesus Christ identifies modern Turkey as the seat of Satan. In Revelation 2:12-13, Jesus says to the church in Pergamos: "I know thy works, and where you dwell, even where Satan's seat is..." The events in Iraq may be a foreshadow of things to come.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part 2)
The prophetic situation in Iraq and the antichrist
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) attack on Iraq has brought into focus some of the most prophetic events in recent history, and according to one prophecy scholar, the events could lead to the rise of the antichrist. The largely Sunni caliphate-building organization backed by al Qaeda is moving to takeover the Shiite dominated government in Baghdad. The United States, whose historic policy has been to not negotiate with terrorist sponsoring states, indicated it will consider working with Iran in a military response to ISIS. Both US Secretary of State John Kerry and Iranian president Hassan Rouhani have indicated they may work together to bring stability to Iraq.
Kerry told Yahoo News' Katie Couric, "We're open to discussions. I think we might be open to any constructive process that could minimize the violence, hold Iraq together, the integrity of the country, and eliminate the presence of outside terrorist forces." Rouhani said, "Whenever the United States makes a move on the ISIS, then we can think about cooperation with them in Iraq." Meantime, Turkey's government held an emergency meeting to discuss ISIS's mass taking of hostages at the Turkish consulate in Mosul, Iraq. The UK Telegraph reports Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said Turkey would "retaliate in the strongest way" if the hostages are harmed. He said, "No one should test Turkey's resolve. These events could launch an extraordinary and significant prophetic season.
While most prophecy watchers are keying these events from an Ezekiel 38-39 perspective, prophecy scholar and author Joel Richardson points to the book of Daniel. In a WorldNetDaily article, Richardson focuses on the Daniel Chapter 8:3-19 discussion of the "little horn, which waxed exceedingly great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land (v. 9)." It also waxed great "even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them (v.10)." The historical interpretation is that these verses speak of Antiochus IV Epiphanes, fulfilling prophecy in part historically and representing a future event such as the antichrist/beast of Revelation.
Richardson says, however, that Antiochus did not cause any heavenly events and that the angel Gabriel tells Daniel that the vision was for "at the time of the end." He writes: "When we actually read the explanation of Gabriel, the truth is that he does not make any such break in the vision, placing some of it in history and some of it the future. He simply says that the vision pertains to the time of the end." Richardson writes that there could be two regional wars--the first, Iran "butting" to the west, the north and south--Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, possibly as far as Israel--the second, a counter offensive by Turkey. Richardson writes: "...it appears as though out of the ashes of these wars, in the region stretching from Nineveh (Mosul) to Turkey, we should expect to see the Antichrist arise." While not definite, it is certainly, something to consider.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Focus on Iraq/ISIS
Focus on Iraq/ISIS
- For every headline listed in this section, please decree Isaiah 59:19. IT IS WRITTEN:
"When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him."
1. General's Plea to Keep Forces in Iraq Ignored by Obama - Worthy News
President Barack Obama was advised by the last American commander in Iraq that 23,000 U.S. troops remain to cement the victory, however no deal was ever reached with Baghdad, and all combat forces went home in 2011. (Read more)
2. 'Next 9/11' Threat from Iraq, warn U.S. officials - Worthy News
The Obama Administration came under fire Sunday from Republicans who warned that a debacle in Iraq will give jihadists a staging area for the next 9/11. (Read more)
3. BLOWBACK! U.S. TRAINED ISIS AT SECRET JORDAN BASE - WND
JERUSALEM - Members of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, or ISIS, were trained in 2012 by U.S. instructors working at a secret base in Jordan, according to informed Jordanian officials. The officials said dozens of ISIS members were trained at the time as part of covert aid to the insurgents targeting the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Syria. The officials said the training was not meant to be used for any future campaign in Iraq. The Jordanian officials said all ISIS members who received U.S. training to fight in Syria were first vetted for any links to extremist groups like al-Qaida. (Read more)
4. US deploys small force to Iraq, opens dialogue with Iran - Jerusalem Post
The United States has deployed approximately 275 troops "equipped for combat" to Iraq, US President Barack Obama informed Congress on Monday night, to counter the growing threat of ISIS, a terrorist militia threatening the sovereignty of Iraq and Syria.
170 troops were deployed to protect the expansive US embassy Baghdad, with 100 more for airfield management, security, and logistics support, the Pentagon said.
"This action has been directed with my responsibility to protect US citizens both at home and abroad, and in furtherance of US national security and foreign policy interests," Obama wrote in his notice. "This force will remain in Iraq until the security situation becomes such that it is no longer needed." (Read more)
5. US and Iran hold talks over Iraq crisis but rule out military alliance - Guardian UK.com
US and Iranian officials held talks over the advance of Islamist insurgents in Iraq on Monday, the first time the two nations have collaborated over a common security interest in more than a decade.
The discussions in Vienna took place on the sidelines of separate negotiations about Iran's nuclear programme, as Barack Obama told Congress that the he was deploying up to 275 military personnel to Iraq.
The developments came amid conflicting signals in Washington over the extent of any coordination with Tehran over the crisis in Iraq.
John Kerry, the US secretary of state, pointedly declined to rule out military cooperation in an interview on Monday, but US and Iranian officials later stressed that there was no prospect of military coordination, and none was discussed in Vienna, where talks were described as short and inconclusive. (Read more)
6. Battle-tested Kurds watch as ISIS routs Iraqi Army - Fox News
DIYALA PROVINCE, Iraq - Rockets and mortars peppered the vast plain below as Kurdish generals surveyed the battlefield. Plumes of smoke rose around the landscape as shells streamed over our heads, and a helicopter circled above. The sound of gunfire was endless, and as a tank roared backward ambulances headed forward.
Embedded with the Kurdish Psehmerga fighters, the defenders of the oil-rich northern enclave in Iraq, we stood ready as the ISIS swept through northwestern Iraq. But aside from a few light skirmishes, the Al Qaeda-linked army of ruthless terrorists seemed bent on taking their march south toward Baghdad, and not into the autonomous zone of Kurdistan, where hardened fighters are prepared to defend their oil-rich turf.
This northern front is one of the few places where ISIS have encountered resistance -- for unlike the Iraqi Army, the cohesive Kurdish force has held them back. (Read more)
(Editor's note: for more on this news, please see today's Daily Jot - Part 2.)
7. BBC's struggle for Iraq: In maps, click here - www.watch.org
8. More Prayer Points from IPC: International Prayer Connect - go here.
Congress Acts to Save Meriam Ibrahim!
Congress Acts to Save Meriam Ibrahim!
We have been notified by our friends at ACT for America that a bill has now been introduced in both houses of Congress, condemning the death sentence of Meriam Ibrahim in Iran.
As our readers already know, Recently, the world learned about Meriam Ibrahim, a 27 year old Christian woman who has been sentenced to death by a Sudanese court for refusing to recant her Christianity and convert to Islam.
In addition to this ridiculous charge, Meriam was convicted of adultery because her marriage to a Christian and American citizen is not recognized -- except as a criminal act -- in Sudan. The Sudanese government is ruled under Sharia law and the punishment for Meriam's "adultery" is 100 lashes.
She currently sits in the Omdurman Federal Women's Prison with her 20-month-old son and newborn baby. It is reported that she was shackled during her recent childbirth.
Meriam's execution has been halted due to mounting international political pressure but she has yet to be released. The barbaric treatment of this young mother and her small children is unconscionable and it is critical that the U.S. Congress publicly denounce it.
The U.S. Senate has already acted on this issue by passing Senator Marco Rubio's legislation condemning Meriam's death sentence, S. Res. 453. Now the House must do the same - and soon.
Rep. Trent Franks (AZ-8th) has introduced identical legislation, H. Res. 601 that already has the support of over 61 cosponsors. Your Representative should be one of them.
Will you help Meriam by urging the U.S. Congress to publicly speak out against her barbaric treatment? It only takes the few simple but very important action steps noted at this link.
To learn how you can support these congressional actions, please go here. Thank you.
Prayers During Ramadan
Prayers During Ramadan:
JUNE 28 - JULY 27, 2014
"UNRAVELING THE GARMENT"
The origin of this call to prayer for the Muslim world during Ramadan came about as a group of Christian leaders were praying about the Islamic world during a meeting in the Middle East in April 1992. God put a burden on the hearts of these men and women to call as many Christians as possible to pray for the Muslim world - and now millions respond each year.
During this same period in the 1990's multiplied millions participated in the 10/40 Window prayer that included North Africa, the Middle East, Turkey, Iran and Asia. At one point there were 50 million people around the world praying on one day for the salvation of the lost in this part of the world.
Effectual, fervent prayer brings powerful results (James 5:16). We now know that in the past 20+ years more Muslims have come to Christ than the first 1400 years of Islam. This is incredible!
We invite you to join us this year for a month of prayer during the Islamic month of Ramadan from June 28 until July 27. Here are some ways you may participate: (Go here)
Thank you for being a part of "unraveling the thread" in the lives of multitudes. May each precious Muslim receive a revelation of Jesus Christ as Lord and realize the depth of God's incredible love for them!
Standing in prayer with you,
> > > A note to our readers:
We fully support AGLOW's prayer initiative during the Islamic month of Ramadan. We do invite you to visit this link to learn more about how you can be involved in praying strategically for the souls of the peoples of Islam. This link will also be posted, after today, on every edition of our Brief as a reminder to pray, through the end of Ramadan on Sunday, July 27th. Thank you.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Pro-Life Political Speech Upheld by U.S. Supreme Court
Organizations May Continue To Publish Voting Records of Members of Congress
The Court concluded that, " . . . denying prompt judicial review would impose a substantial hardship on petitioners, forcing them to choose between refraining from core political speech on the one hand, or engaging in that speech and risking costly proceedings and criminal prosecution on the other."
(Washington, DC) - Today the United States Supreme Court upheld the First Amendment right to free speech as applied to pro-life political speech in Susan B. Anthony List v. Driehaus. The controversial case sprung from the Ohio election commission's decision that the pro-life advocacy organization's statements about an incumbent Congressman's voting record were a violation of state law.
"This decision is a victory for the Susan B. Anthony List and for pro-life advocates everywhere," declared Dana Cody, president and executive director of Life Legal Defense Foundation, filer of an amici curiae (friends of the court) brief in support of the Susan B. Anthony List, in conjunction with the Bioethics Defense Fund. Cody added, "Today the Justices acknowledged the harm that occurs when free-speech is chilled by the threat of prosecution. Susan B. Anthony List has won the opportunity to challenge Ohio's election law and thereby to speak the truth about our elected leaders in the future."
The case began when the Susan B. Anthony List publicized the voting records of members of Congress who voted in favor of Obamacare, known as the Affordable Care Act, despite the taxpayer funded abortion that it put into place. The group's political opponents claimed that statements such as, "Shame on Steve Driehaus! Driehaus voted FOR taxpayer-funded abortion," were false and violated Ohio's election laws. Faced with the threat of prosecution, the Susan B. Anthony List challenged the law. The lower courts ruled that there was no current threat of prosecution, and thus the organization lacked standing to bring the challenge.
Today's United States Supreme Court ruling in the Susan B. Anthony List's favor found that the pro-life group had demonstrated a credible threat of enforcement of the law against them. Justice Clarence Thomas delivered the opinion for a unanimous Court ruling that the Susan B. Anthony List and co-petitioner COAST (Coalition Opposed to Additional Spending and Taxes) have standing to challenge the Ohio election statute under which they had been threatened with prosecution for holding members of Congress responsible for their voting record.
The Court concluded that, " . . . denying prompt judicial review would impose a substantial hardship on petitioners, forcing them to choose between refraining from core political speech on the one hand, or engaging in that speech and risking costly proceedings and criminal prosecution on the other." (Christian Newswire) Read more.
(Reported by Breaking Christian News)
- Father, thank You for this victory of upholding the SBA List's First Amendment Rights. We ask for victory over the lawsuit that challenges the Ohio Election officials who used threats and intimidation against this pro-life group.
- But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened." (1 Peter 3:14)
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Mount Etna erupts in Italy
Nearby Airport Closed
The world's most active volcano erupted again Sunday night, forcing a local airport in Italy to close temporarily.
Mount Etna began spewing lava late Sunday night.
The eruption poses no danger to residents of the area, though ash clouds led the local airport to divert flights to nearby Sicily. Watch footage of the eruption here.
(Source: CBC News, Canada)
To view more images of this spectacular eruption, go here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"He's Coming" - Ash Soular