March for Marrigae - A Huge Success!
See Good News Section, below
Also: this Sunday - pray for Venezuela
ALERT! Christians in Danger in northern Iraq
(see below or go here)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, June 20, 2014
"I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you." (Isaiah 44:22)
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Health experts: Diseases at border becoming 'crisis' - WND
Health professionals are warning of a "humanitarian crisis" festering in Texas and Arizona. Cramped conditions and the spread of difficult-to-treat diseases has doctors worried in the wake of a massive influx of children coming across the Mexican-U.S. border...Outbreaks of scabies, lice, dengue fever, tuberculosis and other diseases . . . are already being documented among the children and in some border agents . . . (Read more)
- Lord, our Great Physician, we ask You to intervene in this situation, and stand between these diseases, and the children who are carrying them. We speak death to these diseases, and speak life to those children and all that come in contact with them. We, again, ask for supernatural wisdom for our Center for Disease Control (CDC) and our nations physicians who may come in contact with these maladies, and show them how to deal with these germ "invaders". We ask that any plan or assignment of disease and death, be broken now in Yeshua's Name, and will not succeed against Your precious blood, which we apply to every person who may come in contact with any of these germs! In Your Name, we pray. Amen.
- "That evening people brought to Jesus many who had demons. Jesus spoke and the demons left them, and He healed all the sick. He did these things to bring about what Isaiah the prophet had said in Isaiah 53:4: 'He took our suffering on him and carried our diseases.'" (Matthew 8:16,17)
2. President Obama Prides Himself on LGBT Record; Obama Boasts Appointments of Gay Judges - Worthy News
At a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in New York, President Barack Obama prided himself on his administration's record promoting the LGBT agenda across the nation. At a fundraiser this week, President Barack Obama boasted, "Before I took office, only one openly gay judge had been confirmed in history. We have 10 more."
- Abba, we are grieved over this president's disrespect for Your Word, that he calls evil good, and boasts about it! We ask that You would show him the truth of Your Word, and that he would receive it, and You, and repent for this evil he has praised. We cry out for mercy for our nation, and for him. May he come to know You as the only true God, and accept You as his Savior. Oh, Lord, we, Your people, repent for this evil and ask for grace and mercy. Amen.
- "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight." (Isaiah 5:20,21)
3. White House Extends Benefits for Same-Sex Couples - Washington Examiner
When the Supreme Court struck down the constitutionality of part three of the Defense of Marriage act, the Obama Administration proceeded to review all federal regulations and their application to same-sex couples. Nearly a year later, the Labor Department plans changes to the "Family and Medical Leave Act" to include same-sex couples. President Obama also plans changes to all federal benefits, including Social Security, are extended to same-sex couples, the Washington Examiner reported.
- O Lord, we humbly bring this situation to You and pray for mercy for our nation. This rogue president seems to have his own evil agenda, and is willing to by-pass Congress, and issue "executive orders" to accomplish his own personal will, and trample our constitutional rights. Our state laws are being struck down on the federal level, as their evil agenda continues to unfold. We thank You, Lord, that You know the end from the beginning, and that You do all things well. We pray for righteousness to prevail, despite those who wish evil upon us. Our Hope is in You, alone! Lord, we ask for Your desire to be carried out. In Your Name, we pray. Amen.
- "They do not understand, and they know nothing, because they refuse to listen. So they cannot have the life that God gives. They have lost all feeling of shame, and they use their lives for doing evil. They continually want to do all kinds of evil." (Eph. 4:18,19)
4. Uganda Says US Gay Penalties are 'Blackmail' - VOA
A Ugandan government spokesman has accused the United States of "blackmail" after President Barack Obama's administration cut funding to Uganda and canceled a regional military exercise in response to a new law criminalizing homosexuality. Ofwono Opondo told VOA that as a sovereign country, Uganda would continue to make decisions in its best interest. Opondo said his government rejects the U.S. decision as blackmail. "We think it is simply a blackmail. We have said it before, homosexuality is not a fundamental human right. In our own constitution, it is not guaranteed as a fundamental right," said Opondo.
On Thursday, the U.S. announced it had canceled plans for a U.S.-sponsored military exercise that was going to be held in Uganda. The Obama administration also cut funding to the country and barred Ugandans believed to be involved in human rights abuses from entering the United States. U.S. National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said Uganda's legislation ran "counter to universal human rights." (Read more)
- Father, we are amazed that our nation is trying to force another nation's policy and laws concerning homosexuality. Not only is our nation doing evil, but now wants to force other nations to do as we do. We pray that Uganda will stand united and resolute in their decisions. We come against spirits of intimidation, trying to force other nations to do as we do, especially when what we are doing is an affront to You, as our Creator. We pray for the Your protection of this little nation of Uganda, and that You will bless them as they endeavor to honor You in their decisions. Amen.
- "They know well enough God's righteous decree that people who do such things deserve to die (spiritually); yet not only do they keep doing them, but they applaud others who do the same." (Romans 1:32)
5. US Sending 'Get Tough' Message on Illegal Immigration Surge - VOA
Conflicting policies may be contributing to the surge of undocumented young people from Central America trying to enter the United States. VOA's Brian Padden reports that while immigration authorities say anyone who enters the country illegally -- regardless of their age -- will be deported, U.S. courts and the Obama administration have made exceptions that give many cause for hope. (Read more)
- Abba, we see this vast influx of illegal immigrants, especially children from Central America, as being green-lighted by this administration, despite the 'official' rhetoric to the contrary. It was so sudden, and, obviously plans were already in place to "absorb" them. We pray that our officials will use wisdom in dealing with this situation, and that these people be treated for any diseases they may have, and immunized. We are concerned, that this move by our federal government is intended to further bankrupt our nation financially, adversely effect our political system, and "bring down" our nation from within. Father, we ask that these plans against our nation be thwarted, and come to nothing. Give wisdom to us all, Lord, especially as we head to the polls to vote this November. In Your Name, we pray. Amen.
- "The kings with their hearts bent on evil, will sit at the same table and lie to each other, but to no avail, because an end will still come at the appointed time."
6. US Supreme Court Still to Decide on Controversial Birth Control Case - VOA
Whether for-profit companies with religious objections can be forced to offer coverage for contraceptives in their insurance plans is one of the controversial cases expected to be delivered next week by the U.S. Supreme Court.
In March, the court heard arguments brought by two family-owned companies, including the arts-and-crafts chain Hobby Lobby, over a requirement in the new health care law. The new law requires that contraception be covered - unless the employer is a religious organization. (Read more)
- Abba, we know that we must remain alert and diligent in our prayers on behalf of Christian businesses, such as Hobby Lobby and others, who do not want to offer insurance to their employees that would provide contraceptives that include abortion drugs. We see that the Court is planning to announce their decision next week, and so we ask that You would show Yourself strong on behalf of Your people, who desire to follow Your Word, in not killing unborn babies. We ask You to be an Advocate for the unborn, and for those who wish to be exempted from this provision under Obamacare. We also continue to ask for an overturn of that law, as it now exists, and either abolish it all, or at least amend various parts of it that are in line with the will of "we the people". We thank You, in Your Name, Amen.
- "Even now my Witness is in Heaven; my Advocate is on high." (Job 16:19)
7. Supreme Court Has 17 Cases To Decide By June's End - Huffington Post
WASHINGTON (AP) - It's crunch time at the U.S. Supreme Court, where the justices are racing to issue opinions in 17 cases over the next weeks. The religious rights of corporations, the speech rights of abortion protesters and the privacy rights of people under arrest are among the significant issues that are so far unresolved.
This is also the time of the year when a justice could announce a retirement. But the oldest of the justices, 81-year-old Ruth Bader Ginsburg, has signaled she will serve at least one more year, and maybe longer. (Read more)
- By now, the work of the Supreme Court is about done, as written opinions will be delivered to the printer for distribution next Friday, June 27. However, last-minute changes are still possible . . . please seek the Lord in your own intercession, and visit this link to study the key cases now pending. Ask our Lord to bless each of the nine Justices with His wisdom, especially during the critical week that lies ahead. Amen.
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1)
1. Israel Continues Operation Bring Back Our Brothers, 25 Arrested Thursday Night- Worthy News
On Thursday night, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) continued its Operation Bring Back Our Brothers in search for three teenagers kidnapped last week. The overnight raids resulted in the arrest of 25 Palestinians in the West Bank bringing the total of suspects held to 330, 240 of whom are associated with Hamas.
2. Israel Retailates After Rockets Fired from Gaza- Worthy News
Israel Air Forces (IAF) attacked a number of terror related targets last night after rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip for the third time this week.
3. 30 More Palestinians Arrested by IDF as Operation Bring Back Our Brothers Continue - Worthy News
In pre-dawn raids, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) arrested 30 Palestinians, as they searched 100 homes and public institutions affiliated with Hamas, mostly in the Hebron area, according to Israel Radio.
Focus on Iraq
Focus on Iraq
For every headline listed in this section, please decree Isaiah 59:19. IT IS WRITTEN:
"When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him."
1. Obama sending Kerry to Middle East, set to dispatch military advisers to Iraq - Watch.org
President Obama responded to the growing sectarian violence in Iraq by announcing Thursday that he's dispatching Secretary of State John Kerry for talks in the Middle East and Europe -- and is preparing to send up to 300 military advisers to aid the Iraqi military.
The president, holding back on more aggressive measures such as airstrikes, addressed the crisis in Iraq and the U.S. response after meeting for hours with his national security team. Speaking in the White House briefing room, he also touched on the controversial topic of whether the U.S. should work with Iran to counter militants next door -- saying Iran can play a "constructive role" if they join the U.S. in calling for the Iraqi government to be inclusive, but would worsen the situation if the Shiite regime's only interest is in shoring up fellow Shiite fighters.
The president repeatedly stressed that U.S. combat troops would not engage in the Iraq conflict. "Ultimately, this is something that's going to have to be solved by the Iraqis," Obama said.
2. General Petraeus:
US Cannot Be Air Force For Iraq Militias - NBCNews.com
Gen. David Petraeus, who served as the top commander in Iraq, issued a blunt warning against U.S. military intervention to support of Baghdad's government. The Shiite-led government of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has requested U.S. airstrikes to "break the morale" of Sunni fighters currently running amok who have seized several cities.
Petraeus accused Maliki's government of "undermining" sectarian reconciliation efforts introduced following the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, saying that what the country needs isn't American airstirkes but a more inclusive government. He added: "If America is to support, then it would be in support of a government against extremists rather than one side of what could be a sectarian civil war."
3. Fighting Continues in Iraq as US Plans Aid - Worthy News
President Barack Obama said the United States "will be prepared to take targeted and precise military action" to blunt the rapid advance of Islamic militants that have been spreading sectarian violence in Iraq. The president, speaking Thursday from the White House briefing room, outlined a multipart plan to help prevent Iraq from descending into outright civil war.
4. Iraq's highest Shia cleric adds to pressure on Maliki over Isis insurgency -The Guardian UK
Ayatollah Sistani avoids criticising PM directly, but call for new and 'effective' government falls far short of resounding support.
5. Iraq war logs reveal 15,000 previously unlisted civilian deaths - The Guardian UK
Leaked Pentagon files obtained by the Guardian contain details of more than 100,000 people killed in Iraq following the US-led invasion, including more than 15,000 deaths that were previously unrecorded.
British ministers have repeatedly refused to concede the existence of any official statistics on Iraqi deaths. US General Tommy Franks claimed in 2002: "We don't do body counts."
The Daily Jot
Catholic Church, White House partner on border kids?
The Washington Times reports that the president called Mexican president Enrique Peña Nieto about the thousands of illegals pouring across America's borders from Mexico. The US "president" told his Mexican counterpart that the illegals will not qualify for legalized status or deferred deportation. The White House is trying to convince everyone that the thousands of children coming across the border are from countries other than Mexico and vice president Joe Biden is going to visit Guatemala to tell the government there that the kids can't stay here. The US "president" wants to work with the Mexican president, the White House says, to develop a regional strategy to handle immigration. Don't buy it.
When things get politically hot, it is not uncommon for a socialist president to call another socialist president and act like they are working to solve the problem when in reality they are just refusing to enforce the law to advance their agenda. It was just last week that Attorney General Eric Holder made the outlandish statement that tax-funded attorneys would assist these children in filing claims for legal status. He said, "We're taking a historic step to strengthen our justice system and protect the rights of the most vulnerable members of society." Calling them "members of society" and assigning them taxpayer-funded attorneys doesn't sound like the government is going to fly them home to their parents anytime soon.
Something else doesn't match with the story--how do these minor children get all the way from Honduras or Guatemala without assistance of some type? Who is paying for this? A hint comes from the National Catholic Reporter in a story "How to treat unaccompanied immigrant children at center of policy debate." This pro-child migration article quotes Bishop Eusebio Elizondo: "This is an issue which should not become politicized or give cause for negative rhetoric. It is truly a humanitarian crisis which requires a comprehensive response and cooperation between the branches of the US government. Young lives are at stake." Elizondo is chairman of the Catholic Bishops Committee on Immigration.
The real story on these kids may never come out. Whether it is the Vatican, George Soros, or some Democratic Party affiliated ACORN-type operation, these kids are being used as political pawns to achieve the "president's" goal of remaking America. There will be a lot of smokescreens and a lot of deception before the good-hearted American people, who love children of all origins, give in and become home for the kids. But it is all part of the game. I'm reminded of what Jesus said in Luke 17:2, "It would be better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he was cast into the sea, than that he should cause one of these little ones to stumble." Eternity is a long time.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Christians in Danger in northern Iraq
ISIS Jihadist Group Tells Iraqi Christians: 'Obey, Pay, or Leave'
Christians in Iraq Calling for Prayer
(Iraq)-According to a CBN News report, the group ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) have issued an ultimatum to Christians living in the two countries: pay a tax for being a non-Muslim; leave the area, or lose your life.
ISIS is known as the "world's most brutal jihadist group," and they have sent terror-especially for non-Muslims-throughout Iraq, and now Syria as well.
The city of Bartilla, located in Kurdish Iraq near Nineveh, has offered relative (and likely temporary) safety to Christians who have fled the parts of the country that have recently come under the control of ISIS.
According to the report, ISIS has turned off the water in Bartilla, and the government has turned off the electricity, making conditions appalling.
The Kurdish army, called the Peshmerga, are doing what they can to help protect the Christian refugees.
CBN News' guide, Pastor Majeed said, "they are not allowed to open their churches. And even if they open them they will burn the churches. And also the Christians have been requested-been asked to pay the tax [dhimmi, the tax for non-Muslims under Islamic rule]."
"If not, they can leave Nineveh," he continued. "And if they don't leave and don't pay the tax, they should give their heads." He was talking about beheading.
In the midst of this cauldron surrounding Iraq's Christians, Majeed sent out a prayer S.O.S.
"So please raise up prayer for us. This is what we need," he said. "We do believe that prayer is very important because we hear when man is work[ing], man is working. But when man is praying, God is working."
"So it is important for the churches outside Iraq to raise up prayers and also to fast for the sake of the people of Iraq," he continued.
"It's important for the other churches to pray for them to be protected," he admonished. "Please pray for us -- this is the only thing for the right time. We have nothing to do. People outside can do nothing for us except praying." (CBN News and Breaking Christian News) Read more here.
- Father, today we hear the cries of our brothers and sisters in Christ who are now in Iraq and whose lives are in danger. We thank You that it is true: "when man is praying, God is working." Lord God, You know the names of every man, woman and child who need our intercession now, so we do thank You and praise You that You are a God who answers our prayers for their protection, according to Psalm 91, in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the LORD your God . . ." (Isaiah 43:2-3a)
A premeditated plan
The Sudden Influx of Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC):
A premeditated plan?
By Allen West, former member of Congress
If you think this sudden flood of illegal immigrant children is spontaneous, think again.
According to a "help wanted" Request For Information (RFI) posted on FedBizOpps.gov, the feds were looking for vendors to help escort unaccompanied alien children (UAC) in JANUARY of this year.
The specific vendor requirements state:
ICE [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] is seeking the services of a responsible vendor that shares the philosophy of treating all UAC with dignity and respect, while adhering to standard operating procedures and policies that allow for an effective, efficient, and incident free transport. The Contractor shall provide unarmed escort staff, including management, supervision, manpower, training, certifications, licenses, drug testing, equipment, and supplies necessary to provide on-demand escort services for non-criminal/non-delinquent unaccompanied alien children ages infant to 17 years of age, seven (7) days a week, 365 days a year. Transport will be required for either category of UAC or individual juveniles, to include both male and female juveniles. There will be approximately 65,000 UAC in total: 25% local ground transport, 25% via ICE charter and 50% via commercial air.
You can view the full posting here.
[Document listed in green section; must be opened onto your own computer. Title: "Escort Services for Unaccompanied Alien Children"]
I tried calling both of the contact names listed on the page to see if they'd found a vendor yet, but got voicemail.
The question is, how in January, did the U.S. government know up to 65,000 unaccompanied illegal alien children would be arriving?
Please send me evidence that this is not an orchestrated invasion, and I will remove my tinfoil hat.
Read more here.
- Lord God, we thank You that Allen West has exposed this information to the public and we, too, wonder how the government may have anticipated the current flood of UAC's many months ago. We ask that this situation be fully investigated by a congressional committee, and that a means be found to rectify this disaster. Please keep us safe from harm, we pray, in Your name, amen.
- "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you . . ." (Deut. 33:27)
Call 2 Fall: An Urgent Response to God
Call 2 Fall: An Urgent Response to God
Sunday, June 29, 2014
On Sunday, June 29, 2014, faithful Americans in churches and homes in all 50 states will be on their knees, praying for our nation, observing the 6th annual Call2Fall. In 1775, the second Continental Congress called citizens of the 13 colonies to gather in their churches in united prayer for our fledgling nation, then facing war with the most powerful nation on earth. Massachusetts Delegate John Adams wrote: "We have appointed a Continental fast."
Millions will be on their knees at once before their great Creator, imploring His forgiveness and blessing; His smiles on American Council and arms." History tells us millions did. Their prayers were heard; the colonies united; prevailed against all odds, and went on to establish the most God-blessed nation on earth.
But today, America is in trouble. We face formidable enemies: the greatest, our own moral and spiritual decline. God's answer is humble, repentant, united prayer like that offered in 1775 and outlined in 2 Chronicles 7:14. Let's unite to confess our national dependence on God, Sunday, June 29th, before we celebrate independence on the 4th of July! It's not too late for your church to participate. If not, your family can still join in. Watch our short video; forward it to your pastor; visit Call2Fall.com and click "I'm in."
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
HUGE TURNOUT FOR MARCH FOR MARRIAGE YESTERDAY ON CAPITOL HILL
Whoever said the marriage debate was over must not have been anywhere near the U.S. Capitol this morning. After months of hearing the courts' opinion on marriage, today America heard from the voters those courts trampled. Thousands of people from states all across the country descended on Washington, D.C. to show the nation that we care about protecting marriage and will do anything to stand up and fight for it. Pro-family groups like FRC, churches, state activists, and cultural leaders gathered on the lawn of the most powerful Congress in the world and sent one resounding message: the fight for marriage is not over.
More than 150 buses, filled with the marriage supporters the media insists do not exist, cheered through the passionate speeches of Republicans and Democrats, blacks and Hispanics, and the young and old -- all united in the belief that marriage is "our very nature. No law can change it." Senator Rick Santorum, Governor Mike Huckabee, the Catholic Church's Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone, and leaders from across the Hispanic and African American communities rallied the crowd with the reminder that we are not marching for a cause that's lost. "You want a social program that cannot fail?" asked Reverend Eugene Rivers, "Support traditional marriage and the family."
Others pushed back on the notion that the pro-marriage majority in America are somehow on the wrong side of history. "History doesn't have sides," said one young leader, "but truth does." And, explained Bishop Cordileone, "it is a foundational truth, and one to which we must witness by lives lived in conformity to it, and which we must proclaim with love."
FRC's own Leanna Baumer spoke on behalf of a generation of millennials, who've borne the brunt of the breakdown of the family. Telling the story of Zelmyra and Herbert, who last year celebrated 86 years together, she honored the values and commitment that only come through the marriage of a man and woman. "We're here to remind our lawmakers and fellow citizens that public policy and the law help shape culture just as they reflect culture. We're here to urge our elected leaders to recognize the truth of marriage in the public realm while we also uphold it in our private lives. As we march for that truth today, let's also march for marriage back home, knowing that what our world needs to see are more stories like Zelmyra's and Herbert's."
Even after a series of courtroom setbacks, one thing was clear: there is no quit in our movement. Today, we marched for children who deserve a mom and dad, for the bakers, educators, sportscasters, and photographers who deserve to live according to their faith, and for America, which without marriage cannot stand. For more on today's March for Marriage, check out the website here. Also, click over to this Washington Times interview with FRC's own Chase Jennings. (Reported by: Family Research Council)
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
MESOSPHERIC GRAVITY WAVES
Some thunderstorms are so powerful that they create ripples in the atmosphere 80 to 90 km high, at the edge of space itself. In satellite images such storms look like a giant atmospheric bulls-eye. It turns out these ripples are also visible from the ground. Amateur astronomer Thomas Ashcraft recently photographed them over New Mexico: (go here).
"Over the past few years I have been photographing sprites above distant thunderstorms using an infrared camera," says Ashcraft. "It turns out that the strong thunderstorm systems that generate sprites often also perturb the mesosphere and create gravity waves."
"This near infrared image from June 05, 2014, shows gravity waves above a powerful thunderstorm cell over western Kansas. The storm was about three hundred miles away from my observatory so the thunderstorm itself was below my horizon."
"There are many stills of this phenomenon but not many time-lapses that show their complex motions," he says. "I posted a movie extract of the storm on vimeo. Note also the sprites that pop up sporadically."
"The mesosphere is not well studied and it holds much Nature yet to be discovered," concludes Ashcraft. "To me it is a vast ecological zone full of beauty." (SpaceWeather.com) Read more here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"We Believe" - Newsboys