HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
"Behold, the Lord God will come with might,
With His arm ruling for Him.
Behold, His reward is with Him
And His recompense before Him." (Isaiah 40:10)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
"Standing United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
Updates: The Dossier
Updates: The Dossier . . . and more related news . . .
1. BOMBSHELL: Comey Held Secret Obama White House Meeting Before The Inauguration - Daily Caller
FBI Director James Comey held a secret Oval Office meeting with President Barack Obama two weeks before Trump's inauguration and may have deliberately misled Congress about it, according to an email sent by National Security Advisor Susan Rice that GOP Sens. Chuck Grassley and Lindsey Graham partially unclassified. The meeting - which Comey never previously disclosed to Congress - occurred in the White House on Jan. 5, . It included Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, [Susan] Rice, deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, and Comey. The topic of the meeting was potential Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
By failing to inform the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence about the meeting in his June 8, 2017, testimony, Comey may have deliberately and intentionally misled Congress about his interactions with the former president, especially a meeting so close to Trump entering the White House. Previously, Comey contended he only met with the Obama twice, once in 2015 and another "to say goodbye in late 2016," according the former FBI director's June 8, 2017, testimony before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
Grassley and Graham stated on their websites they "were struck by the context and timing of this email, and sent a follow up letter to Ambassador Rice." "It strikes us as odd that, among your activities in the final moments on the final day of the Obama administration, you would feel the need to send yourself such an unusual email purporting to document a conversation involving President Obama and his interactions with the FBI regarding the Trump/Russia investigation," the two senators told Rice. "In addition, despite your claim that President Obama repeatedly told Mr. Comey to proceed 'by the book,' substantial questions have arisen about whether officials at the FBI, as well as at the Justice Department and the State Department, actually did proceed 'by the book,'" they continued. Rice is scheduled to testify before the Senate Committee on the Judiciary on Feb. 22. (Read more)
2. Intriguing Links Emerge In GOP Led Dossier Investigation - Daily Caller
The Republican-led investigation into the infamous anti-Trump dossier has recently revealed several intriguing links between Christopher Steele, lawyers, lobbyists, Democratic politicians, a former State Department official, and a Russian oligarch close to Vladimir Putin. Most of the revelations come thanks to Sen. Chuck Grassley. The Iowa Republican released a letter in January that cited the names of several political operatives and lawyers who had not previously been linked to the dossier Steele wrote while on the payroll of the Clinton campaign and DNC. And Thursday, a batch of text messages leaked to Fox News revealed that Steele used a back channel to communicate with Democratic Virginia Sen. Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
Oleg Deripaska, a Russian aluminum magnate who is allied with Putin, is party to several of the connections. The billionaire has also worked closely in the past with former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort. Adam Waldman, a Washington, D.C., lobbyist who works for Deripaska, emerged on the scene out of nowhere last week when Fox News published a batch of text messages he exchanged in 2017 with Warner. One name recently linked to the dossier is Daniel Jones, a former investigator for Democratic California Sen. Dianne Feinstein when she chaired the Senate Intelligence Committee. Grassley is also inquiring about Paul Hauser, a London-based lawyer who has represented Deripaska for years. In a letter released to the public on Monday, Grassley hinted that Hauser and Deripaska have worked with Steele in the past. Two other names to emerge amid the dossier probe are Cody Shearer, a longtime Clinton insider, and Jonathan Winer, a former State Department official who is friends with Steele. (Read more)
3. Scandal, Corruption, Lawbreaking - And So What?- National Review
The FISA-gate, Clinton emails, and Uranium One scandals are sort of reaching a consensus. Many things quite wrong and illegal were done by both Hillary Clinton and her entourage and members of the Obama agencies and administration - both the acts themselves and the cover-ups and omissions that ensued. Remember, in the FISA-gate scandal such likely widespread criminal behavior was predicated on two premises: 1) certainty of an easy Clinton victory, after which the miscreants would be not only excused but probably rewarded for their zeal; 2) progressive hubris in which our supposedly moral betters felt it their right, indeed their duty, to use unethical and even unlawful means for the "greater good" - to achieve their self-described moral ends of stopping the crude and reactionary Trump.
Attorney General Sessions must find muscular, ambitious, and combative prosecutors (preferably from outside Washington, D.C., and preferably existing federal attorneys), direct them to call a Grand Jury, and begin collating information from congressional investigations to get to the bottom of what is likely one of gravest scandals in post-war American history: the effort to use the federal government to thwart the candidacy of an unpopular presidential candidate and then to smear and ruin his early tenure as president. (Read more)
- Father, Lord of All, we pray You will make Yourself known through the complete exposure of all malfeasance and corruption inside and outside our federal government. We pray each person will be brought to justice, and for whistleblowers to come forward, receiving mercy.
- "A truthful witness saves lives, but a false witness is a traitor. (Proverbs 14:25)
- You are My witnesses," declares the Lord, "And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me. (Isaiah 43:10)
Focus on Israel
1. Police delivers Netanyahu his worst case combo - double bribery charges - Jerusalem Post
We have known for some time that the police would likely recommend indicting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for something in his public corruption cases. But Tuesday's night's recommendations were truly Netanyahu's worst case scenario: Bribery, the most severe financial crime, in both Cases 1000 and 2000. The prime minister has been struck by a perfect storm.
Former Supreme Court presidents Aharon Barak and Meir Shamgar have made it clear that a prime minister under indictment must resign. After the severe police recommendations, the chances are much lower of the court letting Netanyahu stay in office if he is indicted and a petition is filed to kick him out. They can cite past case law with Arye Deri (in his first stretch as a minister), Shlomo Benizri and several mayors to support forcing a resignation, even one not explicit in a statute. None of those forced resignations were mandated by statute. (Read more)
- Father, Benjamin Netanyahu does not deny receiving these gifts, only that they did not influence him politically. We pray for You to give him wisdom and humility as he responds to these accusations and deliver him from the hand of the enemy.
- "When you are on the way to court with your accuser, try to settle the matter before you get there." (Luke 12:58a)
2. The man who can end Netanyahu - Israel National News
On Tuesday night, the Israeli Police dropped a bombshell by announcing that it recommended putting Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on trial over allegations of bribery and breach of trust in two separate investigations. Immediately after the announcement, all eyes turned to Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit, who now has to decide whether to move forward and indict Netanyahu and potentially end the premier's nine-year run at Israel's helm.
Seasoned observers of Israel's political scene predict that Mandelblit will come under a tremendous amount of pressure from the media to indict Netanyahu. "In order to close two bribery cases against three of the strongest figures in Israel - the suspicions need to be very weak or Mandelblit has to be very strong," tweeted Channel 2 Political Correspondent Amit Segal.
While Netanyahu has been subject to endless scrutiny by the media during his long sojourn in power, little is known about Mandelblit. The quiet and unassuming man, whose demeanor - as per friends - masks a brilliant legal mind, has the power to do what the Israeli left, large parts of Europe and the Israeli media have been dreaming of for a decade: Bringing the seemingly endless Netanyahu era to a close. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray for Attorney General Mandelblit. May he seek Godly wisdom and not be influenced by darkness or evil. We ask that You give him divine dreams and an encounter with You that changes his life and his heart. We pray for righteousness to prevail in this situation. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
- Hate evil, love good, And establish justice in the gate! (Amos 5:15)
3. Defiant Netanyahu claims innocence, predicts 2019 re-election - World Israel News
Prime Minister Netanyahu responded to police recommendations to indict him on two counts of fraud by saying he would not resign as a result of an impending trial and predicting that he would be re-elected for a fifth term as prime minister towards the end of 2019.
In a televised speech to the nation, Netanyahu repeated his long-standing insistence that "nothing is going to come of this, because nothing happened," and said he would continue to work to secure the country's future. "I believe this government will go the distance," he said. "I and our terrific ministers will continue to work to make Israel into a global military, economic and technological superpower.
Netanyahu also repeated the accusation that a "heavy cloud" hangs over the investigation as a result of accusations by Police Chief Roni Alsheich in recent weeks that unnamed individuals tried to intimidate police investigators, and stressed that he has often been the subject of corruption allegations since first becoming prime minister in 1996 - and has been exonerated every time. (Read more)
- Abba, we ask for Your hedge of protection surrounding Prime Minister Netanyahu and his family. We ask that You give him divine wisdom regarding every word he speaks and action he takes. May he not move apart from Your will. We pray that he would seek You and walk in a closer relationship with You. We cry out to You, Father, and ask You to stop all injustice against him and block every fiery dart of the enemy. May he stay in office until You decide otherwise. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
- "When a man's ways are pleasing in his sight, He causes even his enemies to be at peace with him." (Proverbs 16:7)
4. Steinitz: Assad in danger if he allows Iran to attack Israel from Syria - Jerusalem Post
Israel views Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime as the weak link in the Iranian-Shi'a axis, and Assad should keep that in mind when weighing whether or not to let Iran set up military bases in his country or transfer precision missiles to Hezbollah, National Infrastructure, Energy and Water Minister Yuval Steinitz said on Monday. Steinitz - a member of the 12-member security cabinet that discussed on Sunday possible next steps following Saturday's incursion by an Iranian drone and the ensuing downing of an Israeli F-16 - hinted broadly in an Army Radio interview that Israel would act against Assad if Iran crosses the red lines that Israel has established. The first red line, he said, was turning Syrian into a "forward" military base for the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps, including intelligence, naval and air-force bases. (Read more)
5. Iraqi militia vows to back Hezbollah in war with Israel - Times of Israel
BEIRUT - The head of the powerful Iraqi Shiite militia Harakat Hezbollah al-Nujaba pledged on Tuesday to stand alongside its Lebanese ally Hezbollah if a new war breaks out with Israel. Harakat Hezbollah al-Nujaba and Hezbollah have fought side-by-side to bolster Syrian government troops since 2013, most prominently against the Islamic State terror group in eastern Syria. On Tuesday, the movement's secretary general Akram al-Kaabi visited the tomb of top Hezbollah terror commander Imad Mughniyeh to commemorate the 10 years since his death. "We in the Iraqi resistance stand with Hezbollah, and we will stand with Hezbollah in any Israeli attack or action against it," Kaabi said. (Read more)
6. Palestinian leader Abbas tells Putin he wants US peace role diluted - Israel Hayom
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas told Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday he could no longer accept the role of the United States as a mediator in talks with Israel because of Washington's behavior, the Interfax news agency reported. "We state that from now on we refuse to cooperate in any form with the U.S. in its status of a mediator, as we stand against its actions," Abbas told Putin at the start of talks in Moscow.
Abbas was quoted as saying he wanted an expanded new mediation mechanism to replace the Middle East Quartet. "For instance, 'the quartet' plus some other countries like the model used to achieve the deal on Iran," Abbas said, referring to international negotiations over Tehran's nuclear program. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Reforming The Bureaucracy: How Trump Is Taming The Leviathan - IBD
While our distracted national media fawn over a murderous dictator's evil sister and pretend that the Rob Porter White House scandal means something, President Trump continues to remake our government. Quietly, Trump has begun to whittle away at the power and permanence of our nation's bureaucratic ruling class by slashing regulations and limiting powers that Congress foolishly has allowed it to take over. This has long been a big issue for businesses. They often find themselves operating under federal bureaucratic "guidance documents" that, while they aren't law, are virtually indistinguishable from law as far as businesses are concerned.
Meanwhile, Trump has moved to clip the bureaucracy's wings in one other significant way: giving agency heads the right to, as Trump put it, "hire the best and fire the worst." This follows the recent VA Accountability Act, which gave the VA's chief greater power over firing and disciplining workers. These changes have been a long time coming. Unfortunately, the next president, whether that's in 2020 or 2024, can undo these changes with the stroke of a pen and a little help from a friendly Congress. Trump is right. To make these changes permanent, it would be best for Congress to pass sweeping bureaucracy reform that would make these changes not just a political preference, but the law of the land.
- Father, we pray for a clean sweep through our federal government, removing every employee who is corrupt or insubordinate. We also pray for the truly good employees to be encouraged and honored for their work.
- The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good. (Proverbs 15:3)
2. Trump Is Remaking These Three Powerful Appeals Courts - Daily Caller
President Donald Trump released his eleventh wave of judicial nominees Monday, submitting candidates for three powerful federal appeals courts. The nominations could precipitate a conflict with Senate Democrats, as several nominees were named to vacancies in states represented by prominent liberals. The nominees include Andrew Oldham for the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Judge Amy St. Eve and Michael Scudder Jr. for the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, and Mark Bennett for the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
Circuit courts are appeals panels that supervise federal trial courts. They make the final decision on the overwhelming majority of cases in the federal system. The 5th Circuit is based in New Orleans, La., the 7th Circuit is based in Chicago, Ill., and the 9th Circuit is based in San Francisco, Calif. The president also named nominees to federal trial courts in Iowa, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
- Father, we pray these jurists will move through the confirmation process quickly and bring needed legal consistency to these Appeals courts.
- Then I will give you good judges again and wise counselors like you used to have. (Isaiah 1:26a)
3. Democrats block vote on sanctuary cities - Washington Times
Democrats blocked a vote Tuesday on cracking down on sanctuary cities as the first day of the immigration debate began with a whimper. Sen. Charles E. Schumer said debating sanctuary cities would be getting off "on the wrong foot," insisting this week's floor fight should only be about illegal immigrant "Dreamers" and border security. The early jockeying underscored the problems the Senate is about to face.
Democrats had begged for a "fair" process to debate immigration, but are now worried about just how wide-ranging that debate will be, and are trying to shape the amendments that will be offered. The Senate voted 97-1 on Monday to head off the chance for a filibuster to debate the bill - but Democrats have yet to yield their remaining time so that the bill can actually be fully debated and amended.
- Father, we pray immigration reform will be thoroughly debated, with a consensus developed to do the most good for our nation. Help our legislators work together, sending a bill for President Trump to sign before the March 5 deadline.
- When the godly succeed, everyone is glad. When the wicked take charge, people go into hiding. (Proverbs 28:12)
4. Education Department to cease considering transgender restroom discrimination complaints - Washington Examiner
The Education Department will no longer investigate complaints filed by transgender students banned from using the restrooms of their gender identity, according to a report.
"Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, not gender identity," agency spokeswoman Liz Hill told BuzzFeed.
"Where students, including transgender students, are penalized or harassed for failing to conform to sex-based stereotypes, that is sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX. In the case of bathrooms, however, long-standing regulations provide that separating facilities on the basis of sex is not a form of discrimination prohibited by Title IX," she continued. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for this common-sense policy now established by the Trump administration at the Department of Education. Help our children to not be confused by the strange guidelines of "gender identity" now in place elsewhere in our nation. Girls are girls and boys are boys . . . praise God!
- "The Light shines in the darkness . . ." (John 1:5)
5. Liberal group with ties to Obama, Hillary calls to restrict overseas U.S. military voting - Washington Times
After years of accusing states of "voter suppression," the Center for American Progress wants to make it tougher for overseas military to vote in the name of election security. The left-wing public-policy group issued Monday a report, "Election Security in All 50 States," that called for stricter standards to prevent cyber-meddling in elections by foreign governments, including banning military stationed abroad from submitting ballots via email or fax.
Colorado Secretary of State Wayne Williams defended the practice, saying the state has incorporated safeguards to protect the integrity of ballots cast by military personnel living overseas. "They don't believe someone who works on a submarine should be allowed to vote. We do," said the Republican Williams in a statement. Founded by former Clinton and Obama White House adviser John Podesta, who currently sits on its board, the center has opposed state efforts to require government-issued photo identification, scale back early-voting periods, and remove inactive voters from rolls.
- Father, we pray these evil plans to disenfranchise our military personnel will not succeed. Encourage our men and women who serve our nation with expanded voting options and help their voices be heard.
- Give honor and respect to all those to whom it is due. (Romans 3:7b)
6. Russia wants to meddle in midterm elections, intelligence officials say - Fox News
Three top U.S. intelligence officials told a Senate panel Tuesday that they have seen "Russian activity and intentions" to target this November's midterm elections. The officials -- CIA Director Mike Pompeo, National Intelligence Director Dan Coats, and NSA director Adm. Mike Rogers -- did not publicly describe the activity, other than to say it was related to information warfare. They said they would provide more details in a classified session later Tuesday.
The officials also said that the information would be shared with state and local governments, as well as state election officials. Russian interference in the upcoming elections is part of its pursuit of bolder cyber operations and false information campaigns against America and its allies, according to a new intelligence report on global threats.
"In the next year, Russian intelligence and security services will continue to probe U.S. and allied critical infrastructures, as well as target the United States, NATO, and allies for insights into U.S. policy," the report said. "The 2018 U.S. midterm elections are a potential target for Russian influence operations." (Read more)
- Father God, thank You that we are now well aware of the distinct possibility of this happening during our elections this year. We ask for divine wisdom, skill and expertise to be granted to those who have charge over the voting process in America, and that solid evidence be revealed so that justice can be served. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, amen.
- "And this is the confidence that we have before Him: If we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." (I John 5:14)
7. The US Military Is Now Fighting Russian Mercenaries In Syria - Daily Caller
A U.S.-led strike last week may have killed hundreds of Russian military contractors embedded with pro-Syrian irregular forces, raising new concerns that the two most powerful militaries operating in Syria are on a collision course. More than 200 mercenaries hired by forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad were killed in a failed attack on a Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) base where U.S. troops were also stationed, reports Bloomberg, citing Russian officials familiar with the matter. A U.S. official put the death toll at about 100, with up to 300 injured.
Before last week's shootout, U.S. coalition and Syrian regime forces had avoided major conflict, thanks to the deconfliction line negotiated by Washington and Moscow last year. The agreement established the Euphrates River as a barrier between the two alliances, with Russian-backed, pro-Assad forces keeping to the west of the line, while the U.S.-backed SDF operates to the east. Now, as the battle against the Islamic State in Syria winds down, it is becoming more difficult for the U.S. coalition and the pro-regime alliance stay at arm's length. Assad has demanded Washington withdraw American troops from Syria, going so far as to threaten to push them out with military force. The U.S. coalition, on the other hand, refuses to cede territory it has retaken from ISIS in eastern Syria.
- Father, we pray for the removal of Iranian influence, material and personnel from Syria and Lebanon. We pray these skirmishes will not escalate to war and for Israel to have Your covering of peace.
- A thousand may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand, but danger will not come near you. (Psalm 91:7)
8. Professor Claims Soros 'Missionaries' Bragged About Toppling Governments in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East - Breitbart
Author and sociologist Frank Furedi claims globalist activists working for billionaire financier George Soros bragged about toppling governments at a private lunch. A former professor of sociology at the University of Kent in Canterbury, Furedi recounted his experience with the globalist's "missionaries" in an article for the Telegraph newspaper, having been prompted by the revelations about his efforts to bring down the British government and trigger another EU referendum. "Soros believes that if the people voted the wrong way, he is entitled to thwart decisions made by them," Furedi wrote. "Soros does not believe in the legitimacy of borders nor in the authority of national electorates. Consequently, he feels entitled to influence and if possible direct the political destiny of societies all over the world."
"It was later during lunch at a plush Budapest hotel that I encountered the full force of the arrogant ethos promoted by the Soros network of organisations. At my table I listened to Dutch, American, British, Ukrainian and Hungarian representatives of Soros NGOs boast about their achievements. Some claimed that they played a major role in the Arab Spring in Egypt. Others voiced their pride in their contribution to the democratisation of the Ukraine. Some bragged about their influence in preparing the ground for the overthrow of the Gadhafi regime in Libya."
- Father, Your Word is mighty for the pulling down of strongholds. We pray for George Soros and his followers to come to terms with the death and destruction they have brought around the world, and ultimately for their repentance.
- The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:4,5)
9. Bill Gates warns tech companies to comply with 'legitimate' government oversight - Washington Examiner
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates warned tech giants that they risk government intervention if they are unwilling to work with the government when asked. "The companies need to be careful that they're not advocating things that would prevent government from being able to, under appropriate review, perform the type of functions that we've come to count on," Gates said in an interview with Axios.
Gates said tech companies could be at risk when they resist even legitimate government oversight. Companies have "enthusiasm about making financial transaction anonymous and invisible, and their view that even a clear mass-murdering criminal's communication should never be available to the government." It seems, in this instance, Gates is referring to Apple's unwillingness to provide a "backdoor" for the government to be able to unlock an iPhone to gather evidence during an investigation. At a time when tech companies feel they are drawing a lot of scrutiny, Gates is suggesting that a lot of the problems are self-induced.
"Although we disagree with this administration more than the others we've met with, we believe it's still important to work together whenever possible," Gate said of tech companies' compliance with the Trump administration. "We keep talking to them because if the U.S. cuts back on its investments abroad, people in other countries will die, and Americans will be worse off." (Read more)
- Father, we pray our tech companies will follow this sage advice from Bill Gates, before Congress forces them to provide the access our law enforcement needs.
- Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it. (James 4:17)
10. Barack Obama's portrait artist Kehinde Wiley painted black women beheading white women - Washington Times
The artist who painted former President Barack Obama's official presidential portrait unveiled Monday is facing scrutiny for past works that depict black women decapitating white women. Kehinde Wiley, a New York City-based artist who became the first black American to ever paint an official presidential portrait, unveiled two paintings in 2012 that began circulating on social media this week. "It's sort of a play on the 'kill whitey' thing," Mr. Wiley told The New Yorker in a 2012 interview.
Both paintings, titled "Judith Beheading Holofernes," portray Judith beheading the Assyrian general Holofernes from the deuterocanonical Book of Judith. In Mr. Wiley's versions, Judith is a black woman holding the severed head of a white woman. "Judith and Holofernes is from Wiley's most recent body of work and his first series of paintings to feature female subjects," a 2012 explanation of the work from the North Carolina Museum of Art foundation reads, The Wrap reported. "Wiley translates this image of a courageous, powerful woman into a contemporary version that resonates with fury and righteousness." (Read more)
- Father, we lift up the soul of Kehinde Wiley. Help him forgive white people and let go of his hatred. We pray he will use his talent to heal and unite our nation.
- Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient. We were misled and became slaves to many lusts and pleasures. Our lives were full of evil and envy, and we hated each other. But-When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior.
- Lord, we are learning more and more about what the symbols in both of these paintings represent. We ask that they not be allowed to hang inside the corridors of the White House, but instead be moved elsewhere. Amen.
- "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." (John 14:13,14)
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Stepping closer to the end times
There is a lot of debate about the role America and Russia will play in the end times. Prophetically and biblically speaking, however, there is no mention of either country in the Bible. Many try to make the connections symbolically, which may have some credibility, however remote. Nonetheless, from what we know today these powers are having a profound impact on the acceleration of Bible prophecy toward the end times. Russia, for example, politically ran interference for Iran to develop its nuclear weapons and missile delivery system. Under the previous US Administration, the ex-"president" not only opened the door for Iran to advance nuclear weapons development; he gave them billions to of dollars to complete it.
The Free Beacon reports, "As Iranian dissidents continue to protest over the country's ailing economy, the ruling regime continues to invest millions of dollars it received as part of the landmark nuclear deal with the United States on its military technology, specifically ballistic missiles, which are subject to a ban under international statutes. However, Iran has not only continued this work but also invested heavily in it since receiving the cash windfalls from the nuclear deal. Conservative estimates from open sources indicate the Iranian regime has spent at least $16 billion in recent years on its military buildup and rogue operations in Syria, as well as other countries." The result is Iran showcasing a nuclear-capable missile that can reach Israel.
The scale that was tipped against Israel during the eight years of the previous White House and a few years by the Bush Administration has been recalibrated by the Trump Administration. The decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and to move the US embassy there was a symbolic gesture that sent a hard message to the anti-Israel Islamic countries who have enjoyed a friendly America over the past decade. Indeed, cutting funds to the terrorist sponsoring Palestinian Authority was another pro-Israeli move by Trump. Trump's support of Christian ideals, curbing globalism, and stopping open immigration from Islamic terrorist-sponsoring nations also sends a strong signal. The immediate past White House aligned America with the beast nations. The current White House has brought America into alignment with Israel.
In doing so, both of America's most recent Administrations have/are advancing prophecy by accelerating positions of nations mentioned in the accounts of the Day of the Lord. It is important that America do the right thing in the eyes of God. Jesus says in Matthew 25 that when the Son of Man comes in his glory, he will separate the nations like a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats-the goats on the left and sheep on the right. Verse 34 says, "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you form the foundation of the world." While our personal salvation is most important, so also are the leaders we choose. It's far better to be a sheep nation.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
Austrian Evangelical Community 'Adopts' 100 Christian IDF Soldiers
[BreakingIsraelNews.com] The initiative, promoted by Pastor Yohanes Kramer of the Rhema Church in Linz and Amit Barak, a consultant on Israel's relations with Christian communities in Israel and abroad, grew out of a meeting last November during one of Barak's trips to evangelical communities in Europe. Barak and Kramer decided to provide Christmas packages; within a few weeks 250 community members had donated money, bought presents and chocolates, wrapped them and sent them to Israel, together with holiday messages of support.
Kramer said the program was the first time Christian-Israeli soldiers received presents from a community abroad, just like Jewish soldiers who often get presents from Jewish communities in the Diaspora. "We decided that from now on we will send gifts every year for Christmas. Next year we will collect more money and will be able to send more care packages," Kramer told TPS. "We believe we should help Arab Christians
Worship With Us Today!
Israel Houghton - "You Are Good"
To worship with us today, please go here . . .
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]
Pray for America!
Now you can join the Salt & Light Council, praying for our nation six days each week on a conference line!
Repentance and Restoration Prayer Line
For many years now, the Salt & Light Council has sponsored this outstanding half-hour of prayer, six days per week, with additional time available for Bible reading and fellowship.
We are delighted to make this "hidden treasure" available to all of you who make up our CHPP family.
You can also view their daily prayer calendar by going here.
The following press release was issued by the Salt and Light Council. Praise the Lord!
This is a 30 minute national conference prayer call offered Monday through Saturday. We pray daily for our President, Cabinet, Supreme Court, one or two state legislatures, preambles, plus a moral topic and Israel. All are welcome to participate in prayer for our nation. Fellowship and Bible reading is optional for those who would like to remain on the line. The call is hosted by The Salt & Light Council.
605-468-8015 / Access Code 338083#
Monday - Saturday
8:30 am PT 9:30 am MT
10:30 am CT 11:30 am ET