This Saturday: "mega conference call"
hosted by PrayerSurgeNow.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
". . . But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound." (Romans 5:20)
". . . the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm . . . " (Nahum 1:3)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Mogherini urges Netanyahu, Abbas to meet Quartet 'in days' - Times of Israel
EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini on Tuesday urged Israel Premier Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas to meet Quartet representatives "within days" in the hope of kick-starting stalled peace talks. "I have asked both Netanyahu and Abbas to receive the Quartet envoys in the coming days, not weeks," Mogherini said, stressing the need for speed if an upsurge in violence between Israelis and Palestinians is not to spiral out of control. (Read more)
2. Senior IDF source to 'Post': Terrorism won't end soon- Jerusalem Post
Palestinian attacks are set to continue for a "lengthy period," and the IDF is preparing itself accordingly, a senior army source told The Jerusalem Post on Monday. The source, from Home Front Command, described the reality facing the coed Search and Rescue Brigade, which has four battalions and divides its time among grinding security missions, mostly in the West Bank, and training for domestic emergency response missions, like locating and plucking trapped civilians out of missile impact zones - their area of unique specialty. (Read more)
3. Palestinian leader seeks EU help to ease crisis with Israel, says situation is 'grave' - US News
BRUSSELS (AP) - Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas came to European Union headquarters Monday to seek the bloc's help to de-escalate the crisis with Israel, which he blamed on policies and actions of the Israeli government. Before opening the talks with EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini in Brussels, Abbas told reporters the situation was "extremely serious and grave." Abbas added, "it may even deteriorate, and that is my fear."(Read more)
4. Why Israel's Labor Party never recovered after Rabin - Times of Israel
TEL AVIV (JTA) - The assassin's bullet that killed former Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin 20 years ago on Nov. 4 also stunted the center-left party that championed peace: Rabin's once-mighty Labor. In the two decades since Rabin's slaying at the hands of a Jewish extremist, Yigal Amir - the killer opposed a peace deal with the Palestinians - Labor has fallen from being Israel's founding party and moderate-left flagship to competing among a handful of opposition factions, a perennial loser in Israel's elections. It's hard for [Labor] to win because most of the nation is convinced that with the Palestinians, it's impossible to get to an agreement," said Bar-Ilan University political science professor Shmuel Sandler. "The issue of security is the top issue that influences the Israelis. It's not like in the U.S., where 'It's the economy, stupid.'" (Read more)
5. Israel only country at UN to join US in supporting Cuba embargo - Times of Israel
The UN General Assembly on Tuesday called for an end to the decades-long US embargo on Cuba in a resolution adopted by a near-unanimous vote, three months after US-Cuba diplomatic ties were restored. The United States and Israel voted against the non-binding resolution, but a resounding 191 countries supported the measure in the 193-member assembly, the highest number ever. The outcome was a diplomatic victory for Cuba, which has branded the embargo the main obstacle to its economic development and called for immediate steps to end it. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. House Republicans introduce measure to impeach IRS Commissioner Koskinen - Fox News
House Republicans on Tuesday introduced a resolution to impeach IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, accusing him of making "false statements" under oath and failing to comply with a subpoena for evidence.
House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, and 18 other committee members introduced the resolution to begin impeachment proceedings. In doing so, they followed through on a threat first made over the summer, when Republicans accused the IRS leader of making inaccurate statements to Congress regarding the Tea Party targeting scandal and its aftermath.
"Commissioner Koskinen violated the public trust," Chaffetz said in a statement Tuesday. "He failed to comply with a congressionally issued subpoena, documents were destroyed on his watch, and the public was consistently misled. Impeachment is the appropriate tool to restore public confidence in the IRS and to protect the institutional interests of Congress." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we stand in the gap and we repent of allowing the IRS to target Christian and Conservative groups. We ask that all of the hidden things would be exposed. We ask that this investigation be fruitful and that righteousness and justice reign. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "If a man sins against his neighbor and is made to take an oath, and he comesand takes an oath before Your altar in this house, 32 then hear in heaven and act and judge Your servants, condemning the wicked by bringing his way on his own head and justifying the righteous by giving him according to his righteousness."
(I Kings 8:31-32)
2. Boehner Agrees to Suspend Debt Limit for Rest of Obama's Term - CNSNews.com
The new spending deal that resigning House Speaker John Boehner has made with the Democratic congressional leadership and President Barack Obama will suspend the legal limit on the federal government's debt until after Obama leaves office.
"Subsection 901(a) provides for the temporary suspension of the limit on public debt through March 15, 2017," says the official summary of the bill. Obama will leave office on Jan. 20, 2017, when the next president is inaugurated.
Since Obama took office, the total debt of the federal government has already increased by $7,525,761,885,381.30-rising from $10,626,877,048,913.08 on Jan. 20, 2009 to $18,152,638,934,294.38 on Oct. 23, 2015. (Read more)
(See also this article from US News & World Report.)
- Lord God, we repent that it seems that the sitting president has now been given a "free pass" to do whatever he feels with our national debt for as long as he is in office. We ask that a Spirit of restraint would fall upon him, so that he rules wisely, in the fear of God. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." (James 1:5)
3. White House, Congress reach budget deal - CNNPolitics.com
Congressional leaders and the White House reached a major deal Monday to avoid a potential fiscal calamity, but not before many Republicans were left fuming that their party leadership had given too much away to their Democratic adversaries.
The two-year agreement, which would raise domestic and defense spending by $80 billion and lift the national borrowing limit until March 2017, could be voted on by the House as soon as Wednesday -- the same day the GOP is expected to nominate Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin, to replace retiring Rep. John Boehner, R-Ohio, as House speaker. The deal prompted a tense session among House Republicans Monday night in the basement of the Capitol.
The final details were ironed out late into the night Monday, including cuts to the Social Security disability program and to Medicare. But the deal was the product of weeks of negotiations led by Boehner, who is furiously trying to take the divisive fiscal issues off the plate for Ryan before his successor takes office. If the deal passes, Ryan could have a clear path to do his job without the fiscal brinksmanship that damaged Boehner's speakership. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we pray that this deal meets with Your approval; and if not, that it be defeated when it is voted upon. We pray that the Congressmen and Senators consider what is best for our nation and not be politically divisive. We pray that they would be united in their vote for what is best for our country. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment." (I Cor. 1:10)
4. As Carson surges in polls, he becomes Trump's primary target in debate - Fox News
Presidential candidate Donald Trump on Wednesday will for the first time enter a GOP primary debate without the title of undisputed frontrunner and likely looking to tangle with challenger Ben Carson who's taking over in recent polls.
A poll released Tuesday has Carson leading nationally and follows two others that show the soft-spoken retired neurosurgeon leading in Iowa, which already had Trump on the attack. . .
To be sure, Carson has steadily climbed in polls -- from 6 percent in early August to 22 percent this week, according to an averaging of polls by RealClearPolitics.com. But whether he will now break from his low-key, voter-friendly demeanor and fight back remains to be seen.
The two will potentially tangle next at Wednesday night's third GOP debate hosted by CNBC and held in Boulder, Colo. (Read more)
- Father God, according to federal guidelines as a 501 (c) 3, tax-exempt, nonprofit ministry, we are restricted from supporting any candidate for any office. Tonight's debate, however, should prove to be very enlightening, not only for the two candidates named in this article, but for all others who remain in the Republican race for the presidency.
Lord God, we ask that the questions given tonight be guided by Your Hand, and for Your will to be done in this debate. Let the truth reign, Abba, we pray in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
5. Franklin Graham Urges Christians to Stand up for Their Faith Amidst a 'Culture of Intolerance' - ChristianHeadlines.com
Franklin Graham said the gunman who killed nine people at a college in Oregon did so because he was "filled with hate."
"This was not about gun control," Graham said in a column for Charisma News. "It was about a man filled with hate, especially for those who bravely and boldly confessed they were Christians. The shooter, who listed 'organized religion' as a dislike on his Facebook page, perpetrated a hate crime against the name of Jesus Christ and those who follow Him."
Graham said that there is a "culture of intolerance" against Christians in the United States. "From the media, to the courts, to this current administration, there has been a flagrant, disturbing mockery of Christian values and beliefs," he said. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we come before You and repent for our country and our lawmakers who have created a culture of intolerance against Christians. We repent that we as Christians have allowed this to happen and have been silent. We pray for boldness for our fellow Christians, and that we will boldly stand in the marketplace and proclaim that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for our sins and that He rose from the dead and sits at the right of the Father. Abba, we stand as one and defend our Christian values and beliefs. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- " . . . With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." (Eph. 6:18-20)
6. Christian Groups Challenge UNESCO On Classification Of Jewish Holy Sites - Breaking Israel News
Last week, UNESCO (the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization) approved a resolution in which it listed Rachel's Tomb, located just south of Jerusalem and the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron, as Islamic sites.
The resolution not only stirred up a firestorm of protests from many in Israel and throughout the Jewish world but from Christians as well. Laurie Cardoza-Moore, President of the Christian organization "Proclaiming Justice to the Nations," shared some of her reactions to UNESCO's resolution, with Tazpit Press Service (TPS).
"This is part of a growing problem," said Cardoza-Moore to TPS. "We are watching in our lifetime revisionist history being written." Cardoza-Moore who is also Special Envoy to the UN for the World Council of Independent Christian Churches, hopes to successfully reverse UNESCO's resolution referring to Rachel's Tomb and the Cave of the Patriarchs as Islamic sites. "We are preparing a letter to send to the head of UNESCO, which will condemn this act personally and state that it is outrageous that history is being rewritten," explained Cardoza-Moore. "We are going to go step by step to see what type of response we get from their office." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we are outraged by UNESCO's attempt to rewrite history to meet their agenda. We ask that You would give Laurie Cardoza-Moore boldness and favor in her pursuit of reversing the resolution that decreed that Rachel's Tomb and the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron Islamic sites. Father You know that these are Jewish Holy Sites. You are a God of Truth and we ask that the Truth would be made known and acknowledged by the entire world, and that UNESCO's agenda be exposed.. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: When I gather the people of Israel from the nations where they have been scattered, I will be proved holy through them in the sight of the nations. Then they will live in their own land, which I gave to my servant Jacob. They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God.'" (Ezekiel 28:25,26)
7. China warns US after Navy ship passes disputed islands claimed by Beijing - Fox News
China's Foreign Ministry reacted angrily Tuesday after a U.S. Navy ship passed within 12 nautical miles of disputed islands in the South China Sea late Monday in an apparent challenge to Beijing's territorial claims in the region.
The ministry said that authorities monitored and warned the guided missile destroyer USS Lassen as it moved inside what China claims as a 12-mile territorial limit around Subi Reef in the Spratly Islands archipelago, a disputed group of hundreds of reefs, islets, atolls and islands in the South China Sea that is also claimed by the Philippines.
A defense official told the Associated Press the patrol was approved by the White House and took place without incident. "The actions of the U.S. warship have threatened China's sovereignty and security interests, jeopardized the safety of personnel and facilities on the reefs, and damaged regional peace and stability," the ministry said on its website. "The Chinese side expresses its strong dissatisfaction and resolute opposition." (Read more)
- Lord God, it does seem that, day by day, the tensions between our two nations are increasing. We ask that Your angelic host would enter in and intervene to diffuse the tension in the South China Sea, and for calm to return to this region. We ask this in Your name, amen and amen.
- "Praise the Lord, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word. Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will."
8. Syria conflict: Iran to be invited to key talks, US says - BBC
Iran is likely to be invited for the first time to international talks with the US and Russia over the Syrian conflict, the US says. US state department spokesman John Kirby said it was unclear if Iran's leaders would attend the talks, starting in Vienna on Thursday. Top envoys from the US, Russia, Arab and European nations are taking part. (Read more)
- Lord God . . . here we go again . . . The blind are leading the blind! We ask that this decision be canceled and that Iran not be allowed to participate in any upcoming international talks. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; And light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
9. Report: Russia strikes Syrian rebel targets near Golan Heights for first time - Jerusalem Post
The Russian air force hit rebel positions in southern Syria, near the Golan Heights, for the first time since it began its air campaign against anti-Assad forces last month, Iran's Fars News Agency reported on Tuesday. According to Fars, Russian fighter jets hit rebel positions in the countryside of Syria's Daara governate. The report added that the strikes targeted positions belonging to Islamic State and the Nusra Front, al-Qaida's affiliate in Syria.
Fars quoted political observers as saying that "the Russian fighter jets' attacks have an important message for Israel while Tel Aviv is trying to pretend that it has reached an agreement with Moscow on Syria's Southern skies." (Read more)
- O Merciful God in Heaven! As Russian aircraft are now at the border of Israel, we ask that Your Hand of divine protection would rest upon Your land. The enemy is at the doorstep . . . but the Mighty One will be there to meet him. We decree this to be true in the name of our Lord and Savior, our Messiah, Jesus Christ.
- "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
10. Ya'alon: 'Israel has no better friend than the US' - Israel Hayom
Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon departed Israel late Sunday night for Washington, where he will meet with U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter. Ya'alon will meet with Carter on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Before his departure, Ya'alon tweeted, "The U.S. is the State of Israel's strategic backrest, and we have no better friend." During their meeting, Ya'alon and Carter are expected to discuss strategic issues related to recent developments in the Middle East. (Read more)
- O Abba, were it that these words were true! Father, help and guide our leaders to return to the STRONG position we have had in years past, the we might stand with Israel as her strong ally in these perilous times. Let it be so, O Lord, we pray, amen and amen!
- "You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; And light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Tuesday, October 26, 2015
Self defense or submission to Islam?
New York Observer columnist Micah Halpern has observed that US policy toward Israel is becoming more aligned with terrorist sponsoring nations than with Israel. He wrote on October 26: "There is a double standard here." Halpern pointed out that on October 21st a man at the Mexican-US border lunged at a border patrol officer with a knife. The man was shot four times and died. Halpern said that there were no international headlines, but in Israel if a "Palestinian" was killed after trying to knife an Israeli officer of the law, there would have been international headlines. Secretary of State John Kerry said at the UN that Israelis should exercise restraint and not try to protect themselves against such attempts. Really?
Halpern reports that the Palestinian UN Representative Riyad al Malik told the UN Security Council many lies on October 22, "Our Palestinian people, particularly our children, are being killed, targeted by the Israeli occupation forces. They are denied fundamental right to life because of their national and religious identities. Their legitimate rejection of illegal occupation is being faced with killing and destruction. Incitements and provocations continue in al-Haram al-Sharif (the Noble Sanctuary, as the Temple Mount is known by Muslims) and the al-Aqsa Mosque - attacks, incitement by the Israeli extremists and the officials against Palestinian civilians. Day after day we watch this."
Halpern wrote: "They believed every word. They gobbled up every untruth." Then Kerry got up and said, "We continue to urge everybody to exercise restraint and restrain from any kind of self-help in terms of the violence, and Israel has every right in the world to protect its citizens, as it has been, from random acts of violence." Kerry told the UN that Israelis should restrain from "self-help," meaning self defense, but that the Israeli government has the right to protect its citizens. This is the crazy logic of this Administration. In other words, if anyone is threatening your life, you are not to protect yourself. You are to politely ask the killer to wait while you call the government to come protect you.
Halpern asks why Israelis are not allowed to defend themselves, and "what about this idea of restraint on both sides? Israel is showing great restraint-especially because they are the people being attacked. The vast amount of Palestinians who have been injured during this terror spree were the terrorists themselves. And they were injured or killed in the midst of the act of terror. Israel is killing terrorists-not innocent teenagers." I will take Halpern's concept another step. It comes down to self defense or submission to Islam. This Administration prefers the latter and its policies have supported such since it took office. That's why Christians continue to be slaughtered by the Islamic State. Do you subject yourself to authority if it is evil? Or do you do as Peter and the Apostles in Acts 5:29, who said, "We ought to obey God rather than men."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Wednesday, October 27, 2015
Islamic invasion of US and Europe
The score-plus of wars in the Middle East have done something that the Ottoman Empire, the last Islamic caliphate, was unable to do--invade Europe and the US without firing a shot. Hundreds of thousands of Islamists are entering Europe and the US as war refugees, a resettlement directed by the pro-Islamic United Nations. This invasion by Islam contains peaceful families that want to get out of war torn areas as well as militant terrorists embedded in the population and disguised as refugees. Neither European nor US officials can separate the two. But one thing for certain: these are not folks who are going to embrace the US or European culture and assimilate. They are death-cult colonists.
Jeremiah 51:14 speaks of the Lord's judgment of Babylon for its enthusiastic destruction of His people, saying: "Surely I will fill thee with men, as with locusts; and they shall raise a battle cry against thee." The US and Europe are not Babylon, but both match some of the descriptors written by Jeremiah of sinning against the Lord, the habitation of justice. Both the US and Europe have advocated in the strongest terms the division of the land of Israel and have accepted the lies of Islam, those who wish to not only occupy the land of Israel, but to destroy the Jewish people. There are consequences to the actions of leaders, and Europe and the US have been cause to the current invasion. The West is being resettled.
Where Islam goes, crime, violence and destruction follow like that of the locust. WorldNetDaily reports that Austrians are arming themselves at record rates to defend themselves from anticipated attacks by Muslim invaders, but obtaining a firearm and ammunition in Germany, Britain, Denmark and the Netherlands is practically impossible for the average citizen. And self-defense is not even a valid reason to purchase a gun in these countries.The New York Times reports that Australia's former prime minister Tony Abbott warned in London that the continent risked "fundamentally weakening itself" through "misguided altruism" as large numbers of asylum seekers arrive, and that these countries are "now in peril."
The legal immigrants who built America came to the US for opportunity and freedom. They assimilated as Americans, the ideal of what being American means. They adopted our language, our work ethic, our customs, our spirit of exceptionalism, our laws and our dreams of making the world a better place. The vast majority of those coming in today have no intention of becoming "American." They have come to colonize and impose. This presents a quandary for the Church. Exodus 22:21 says, "You shall neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him." Also, Numbers 15:16 says, "One law and one ordinance shall be for you and the stranger that sojourns with you." These "immigrants," legal or illegal, are here. We need to deal with it. There are laws that need to be followed and the gospel needs to be shared. With the peril there is opportunity.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Lots of News for You!
On Saturday, Oct. 31st, PrayerSurgeNow hosts a "mega" conference call.
This email includes: (1) Invitation to Prayer Surge NOW! 10/31 Nat'l Conf Call Prayer; (2) Prayer and Action Points from Gen. Pat Caruana who addressed national prayer leaders on October 20; and (3) John Robb's report on October 18 - 20 "Seeking God's Face for the Deliverance and Destiny of America" and (4) WIN prayer alert for the persecuted church in the Middle East
For all details, including the timing of this call, conference number and access code, please go here.
A "Halloween" Testimony
A "Halloween" Testimony
May I share an experience that my husband and I had, many years ago, as we were "desperately" trying to find an alternative to Halloween for our kids to enjoy?
At that time, our two sons were very young, and we really did not want them to participate in the normal Halloween activities, so we prayed . . .
The Lord showed us Chuck & Cheese Pizza!
We decided to escape the house before the trick-or-treaters began ringing our doorbell, and instead head out for a fun night with the kids to that pizza place!
Well, as we arrived, much to our amazement, many others arrived, too . . . and most of the women were wearing head scarves! These families were clearly from the Middle East and were practicing Moslems!
And so, for many years, we would join the Moslems in a non-celebration of Halloween . . . at Chuck & Cheese Pizza. We would watch as our kids jumped for joy in a "cage" full of plastic balls . . . blissfully unaware of other events that were going on that night!
This was surely a "win win" solution to our dilemma!
> > Fast forward to now:
. . . I have since learned that the people of Islam know that Satan is real, and that his power over them is real, too . . . and so they are terrified of the devil! And they have no true way to protect themselves from him and his demons - unlike ourselves who, through the Blood that was shed for us at the Cross, now walk in the safety and the security of knowing our Savior.
What a great time to tell them about Jesus!
So . . . this year, Jim and I will head out, all alone on Saturday night, to enjoy another Halloween at Chuck & Cheese Pizza. Except, this time, we will be on our own (with no kids along), and we will be armed with tracts to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with whomever we will meet there.
What a great way to "celebrate" and to obliterate the enemy's schemes on his "holiday," and what a great mission field this will be, too!
"Happy All Saint's Eve to all!"
And . . . enjoy your pizza!
In His Amazing Grace,
Jim and Sara Ballenger
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
MY SAVIOR FIRST OF ALL
"When I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing Your likeness." (Psalm 17:15)
When my life work is ended, and I cross the swelling tide, When the bright and glorious morning I shall see; I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side, And His smile will be the first to welcome me.
I shall know Him, I shall know Him,
And redeemed by His side I shall stand,
I shall know Him, I shall know Him,
By the print of the nails in His hand.
Oh, the soul thrilling rapture when I view His blessèd face, And the luster of His kindly beaming eye; How my full heart will praise Him for the mercy, love and grace, That prepare for me a mansion in the sky.
Oh, the dear ones in glory, how they beckon me to come, And our parting at the river I recall; To the sweet vales of Eden they will sing my welcome home; But I long to meet my Savior first of all.
Through the gates to the city in a robe of spotless white, He will lead me where no tears will ever fall; In the glad song of ages I shall mingle with delight; But I long to meet my Savior first of all.
Please go here. (Featuring Gloria Gaither)
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Crosby, 1891.
Music: John R. Sweney
About the Hymn:
There appeared in London a man who styled himself the messiah, and for many weeks a large crowd was attracted to him. One night, however, as he was talking in one of the open squares in the city, a small band of the Salvation Army passed along, singing,
"I shall know Him, I shall know Him, By the print of the nails in His hand."
The great throng joined in the chorus. Finally someone pointed at the self-styled Christ and said, "Look at his hands and see if the print of the nails is there." They did as directed, but no print appeared, and they at once left off following him.
Signs and Wonders
Mysterious . . . UFO to hit Earth Next Month
The oh-so-appropriately titled WT1190F is expected to hit Earth Nov. 13 - It's likely a piece of debris left by man from a previous space mission, maybe even one of the Apollo missions. But since scientists don't know technically what it is, that means it's a UFO. (WND) Read more here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
LIFE CHANGING: Millions in Iran Can Now Access This On Their Smartphones
(Alpharetta, GA)-News from Iran dominates our headlines, but behind the scenes God is building His Church.
According to ELAM Ministries, (www.elam.com) thirty years of Islamic revolution have made Iranians the most open Muslim people in the world to Christ. And it is only the Gospel that can bring peace to Iranians and the whole Middle East.
Now, Iranians can read the new Persian translation of the Bible on their smart phones and other devices via the YouVersion app.
The celebrated Persian Bible has been released on the world's most popular Bible application and website. Millions in Iran have smart phones, meaning they can access the Word digitally.
This exciting milestone is the result of hard work by the Elam and YouVersion teams, God's kindness and the prayers of faithful supporters.
But for the Gospel to be preached with power there must be prayer.
> > > Please pray that this digital Bible will be a great blessing and encouragement to the Iranian Church, and that it will help many seekers connect with the Word of God for the first time.
(Breaking Christian News) Read more here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"How He Loves Us" - Kim Walker
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.
ABOUT CAPITOL HILL PRAYER PARTNERS
To learn more about our ministry, and to sign up to begin receiving our daily alerts, please go here.