Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, January 9, 2013
"Yield now and be at peace with Him; Thereby good will come to you."
Guides for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Supreme Court lets embryonic stem cell research go forward - NBC
The Supreme Court refused to step into the emotionally charged debate over embryonic stem cell research Monday, declining to hear a case that sought to stop government funding on ethical grounds.
- Father God, we ask that You will deliver the little defenseless children from being used by the money-hungry, bloodthirsty men involved in stem cell research. Turn this thing around and bring it to a halt by the blood of Jesus. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Therefore I will judge you, everyone according to his ways, says the Lord God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby you have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit, for why will you die?" (Ezekiel 18:30-31)
2. Supreme Court Returns Today With Gay Marriage, Affirmative Action, Voting Rights in View - ABC News
The Supreme Court is poised to take the bench today and begin the second half of a term laced with hot button issues such as affirmative action, gay marriage, voting rights and government secrecy.
- Lord God, we pray that the Holy Spirit will settle down upon the Supreme Court causing deep repentance in the members' personal lives and bring them to take on a new awareness of their responsibility to vote in accordance to, and in agreement with, the holy laws of God. The weighty issues at hand will cause an avalanche to come upon America if they vote to make these issues law and has the propensity to cast the souls of the people into unrecoverable darkness unless they repent. God, help us. God be with us. In Jesus' Name.
- "Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord. Let us lift up our heart and our hands unto God in the heavens. O Lord, You have pleaded the causes of my soul; You have redeemed my life. O Lord, You have seen my wrong: judge my cause." (Lamentations 3:40,41,58,59)
3. More evidence of 'death panels' in Obamacare - WND
The foundations for health-care rationing and even so-called death panels may have already been quietly laid in largely unreported sections of President Obama's health-care legislation, WND has found.
- Father God, when there is a group in the shadow government who cares nothing about killing the elderly and unprotected citizens in America, it is time to call on the Name of Jesus to fight this unseen battle that is like a lethal wind spreading over our country and only our God can save us. We call on the strength and power from heaven to intervene and put a wedge between Obama's healthcare legislation and the American people. Dispatch angels to stand in the gap and protect our people from the works of darkness that could bring about many untimely deaths. In Jesus' Name.
[Please claim this promise for America]:
- "In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." (Zechariah 12:8-9)
4. GOP may use debt ceiling to force Harry Reid to pass budget - Washington Examiner
Tuesday marks the 1,350th day since the Senate passed a budget. The law requires Congress to pass a budget every year, on the grounds that Americans deserve to know how the government plans to spend the trillions of taxpayer dollars it collects, along with dollars it borrows at the taxpayers' expense. But Majority Leader Harry Reid, who last allowed a budget through the Senate in April 2009, has ignored the law since then.
- Father we bind this lawlessness under the blood of Jesus and command in the Name of our High God, that Harry Reid will be under the power of God to produce a budget now, that will enlighten the U.S. citizens regarding how the government plans to spend the trillions of taxpayer dollars, along with the dollars it borrows at the taxpayers' expense. Pull out from under the table all secrets that have been hidden and bring forth the truth, as God commands it to be so. In Jesus' Name.
- "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away, says the Lord." (Matthew 24:35)
5. 14th Amendment Option: Nancy Pelosi Urges Obama To 'Just Go Do It' - Huffington Post
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) urged the president on Sunday to drop his resistance to the idea and simply bypass the upcoming debate over raising the debt ceiling by deeming the entire cap unconstitutional.
- Lord God, as You are witnessing all these events from heaven, this administration is whittling away the great Constitution that has served America for the last 200 years and attempting to cast it aside as though it were a worthless piece of paper. Father, lay the axe to the root of this horrible warfare and send angels from heaven to fight this battle and bring victory in the power and authority of our God in heaven to hold the Constitution in Your hand and establish it forever. In the Name and blood of Jesus.
- "For so as the will of God, that with well doing you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men; As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God." (I Peter 2:15-16)
6. National Cathedral to perform same-sex weddings, officials say
- Washington Post
The Washington National Cathedral, where the nation gathers to mourn tragedies and celebrate new presidents, will soon begin performing same-sex marriages.
Cathedral officials tell The Associated Press the church will be among the first Episcopal congregations to implement a new rite of marriage for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender members. The church will announce its new policy Wednesday. (today) Read more.
- This announcement is another sign that our nation has fallen into sin, and that only prayers of deep repentance will cause our Lord to look upon us in mercy. In addition, because National Cathedral has traditionally been considered the nation's church, this policy decision is more critical than most.
We must stand in the gap for the decision-makers of this Cathedral, and ask our Lord to help them come back to the truth of His Word, to find grace in time of need. We ask Your help, Oh Lord, amen.
- " . . . if that nation against whom I have spoken from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it." (Jer. 18:8)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
bat's prophetic portion ends with Isaiah 29:22-23. Therefore thus says YHWH, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob: "Jacob shall not now be ashamed, nor shall his face now become pale. But when he sees his children, the work of My hands, in his midst, they shall sanctify My name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel." (Isaiah 29:22-23)
1. Abbas may hold reconciliation talks with Hamas leader in Cairo - Times of Israel
Hamas political chief Khaled Mashaal and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, of the rival Fatah faction, may engage in reconciliation talks in Egypt on Wednesday, according to reports in the Arab press.
2. Hezbollah sent 5,000 fighters to help Assad, daily reports - Times of Israel
Some 5,000 Hezbollah combatants entered Syria in December to aid the faltering regime of Bashar Assad, a Saudi daily reported on Monday.
3. Palestinian Authority Chief Judge: 'Jerusalem will be the Capital of the Caliphate' - Breitbart
Those who stubbornly insist that the Palestinian Authority represents the voice of moderation among Palestinians need to pay attention to recent comments by a PA official calling for the retaking of Jerusalem.
4. PM: 'Settlements' Do Not Threaten World Stability, Iran Does - Israel National News
Iran's nuclear ambitions and Syria's chemical weapons are the real threats facing the Middle East and the stability of the entire international community, not the so-called "Israeli settlement" expansion, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu affirmed during a visit to Ariel University on Tuesday.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least
of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" (Matthew 25:40)
1. Chinese Police Raid House Church Alliance Bible Study
(Nanyang, Henan--Jan. 7, 2013) Local police raided a Bible study being held by members of the Chinese House Church Alliance last Friday and banned the alliance from ordaining new clergy, ChinaAid has learned.
The raid was carried out at 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 4 in the city of Nanyang, Henan province, by seven people from the Nanyang Public Security Bureau, the Baihe township police station and the religious affairs bureau. The police officers and government officials ordered the Bible study attendees to register their names and banned the alliance from ordaining new clergy.
Alliance chairman Zhang Mingxuan negotiated with the authorities while the group continued with its lawful Bible study meeting. After the attendees had registered their names, the authorities left and the Bible study continued to meet. Glory to Jesus Christ! (China Aid News)
2. Authorities Discover More Christians Killed Over Christmas Holiday in Nigeria
Two Borno State attacks 'target' Christians, each kills 15
Thirty people were killed in two separate attacks carried out by armed men ahead of the New Year, in North-eastern Nigeria. 15 people were killed in a single attack which occurred on Sunday 30th, when armed men stormed a church service in Kyachi village, outside Chibok, near Maiduguri. This attack followed another massacre on Friday 29th in which 15 people were killed in the night in Musari, also near Maiduguri. (World Watch Monitor) Read more.
3. European Court to Rule on Controversial Christian Freedom Cases
Judgment in the cases of four UK Christians will be handed down at the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg on Tuesday 15th January, according to a Christian Concern press release. Christian Concern added that all four cases relate to the extent of effective protection under the European Convention on Human Rights for the manifestation of Christian faith in the public sphere.
Two of the cases nurse Shirley Chaplin and suspended British Airways check-in clerk Nadia Eweida relate to the visible wearing of a cross. The other cases of Christian counsellor Gary McFarlane and former marriage registrar Lillian Ladele relate to protection of Christian conscience in the professional arena.
Christian Concern reports that the cases are being carefully watched across Europe. They say of particular interest will be the interpretation of how the very strong provision for 'freedom of thought, conscience and religion' under Article 9 translate into practical protections in diverse European societies. The decision of the European Court will determine the direction of freedom of religion from Lisbon to Vladivostok; the rights of Christian employees in the workplace to 'reasonable accommodation' of their faith. (ASSIST News) Read more.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
The Daily Jot:
Of manipulation, government, and justice
I want to connect some dots regarding good government, manipulation and justice. The only just government is a godly government. Now I am not talking about the Dominion theology establishing a Christian government in order that Christ can return--to me, this is heresy. I am saying that if there were godly people elected to government in accordance with the scriptures, it would be far more just than it is now and it would, at least in theory, follow the precepts of scripture. The government we have elected currently is not a just government. There are many reasons why, among them are the hypocrisy of policy and the manipulation of people. Allow me to cite two examples . . . (Read entire article here.)
Iran Endorses Hagel
Iran Endorses Hagel
Of all the threats to our national security interests, Iran is at the top of the list. With each passing day, the likelihood increases that the U.S. and Israel must either confront Iran's nuclear weapons program or be confronted by a nuclear-armed Iran. Iran is also the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism. It is propping up the brutal Assad regime in Syria. Even the Obama Administration has accused Iran of killing U.S. troops in Iraq.
That is why senators on both sides of the aisle are perplexed and outraged by Barack Obama's nomination of former Senator Chuck Hagel to be Secretary of Defense. Hagel's record on Iran and the Middle East generally is abysmal. He regularly opposed sanctions on Iran. In 2008, Hagel single-handedly blocked a sanctions bill that had 72 co-sponsors, including then-Senator Barack Obama.
As Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) said on Fox News Sunday: "He has consistently advocated weakness with respect to our enemies, with respect to the nation of Iran . . . Weakness in a Secretary of Defense invites conflict because bullies don't respect weakness."
As opposition to Hagel's nomination grows in Washington, it's no surprise that there is applause for him in Tehran. When asked about Hagel's nomination, Ramin Mehman-Parast, a spokesman for the Iranian Foreign Ministry, said, "We hope that practical changes will be created in the U.S. foreign policy and the US officials' approach will change to respect the nations' rights."
Barack Obama has repeatedly reached out to the mullahs, while publicly criticizing Israel. Now he is nominating Chuck Hagel -- whose position on Iran was described by CNN as being "to the left of President Obama" -- to lead the Pentagon. Iran has every reason to be hopeful that U.S. policy is about to change to its benefit. (Gary Bauer)
Planned Parenthood's Record Year
Planned Parenthood's Record Year
2011 was a good year for the abortionists at Planned Parenthood, and a bad year for American taxpayers and innocent babies in the womb. According to various reports, Planned Parenthood performed a record number of abortions -- nearly 334,000 in 2011.
It also reported assets in excess of $1.2 billion, received a record $542 million in taxpayer funding -- 45% of its annual revenue -- and had more than $87 million in "excess revenue." That would be profits for a supposedly non-profit organization concerned about "women's health."
There is absolutely no moral justification for American taxpayers to be subsidizing the nation's largest abortion provider. But there is no economic justification either. Barack Obama has run trillion-dollar deficits every year of his administration. Yet, he was willing to shut down the government last year in order to keep your hard-earned tax dollars flowing to Planned Parenthood. This is madness.
I'm pleased to report that Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) is sponsoring legislation, H.R. 61, that will stop taxpayer funding of abortion businesses. (Gary Bauer)
"Frankenstorm" Hits Israel
"Frankenstorm" Hits Israel
Several weather fronts converged at once over the country in a "rare meteorological event."
A huge storm hit Israel Tuesday morning bringing torrential rain and damaging, gale force winds that shut down Tel Aviv's major highway, the Ayalon, for the first time in 21 years.
According to an Israel National News report, flooding also cut electrical service to hundreds of thousands of Israelis.
The report said that in a "rare meteorological event" for Israel, several weather fronts converged at once over the country, bringing plummeting temperatures, four inches of rain in some parts and more than two feet of snow in high elevations.
Weather forecasts on Tuesday were predicting five inches of snow possible in Jerusalem by Wednesday.
Despite the ferocity of the storm, this winter's higher than average rainfall is a much-needed Godsend for the country's water levels.
(Source: Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu - Israel National News) Read more.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
British Want Christianity Taught to Their Children
We are often given the impression that teaching about Jesus and His message is old-fashioned and irrelevant to a modern generation. But a poll released by Oxford University shows that many people value the Christian framework according to Andrea Williams, Chief Executive of Christian Concern. "There is widespread support in England for teaching Christianity in schools" Ms Williams said. Some 64% of the more than 1,800 people questioned said that children need to learn about Christianity to understand English history, while 57% said it was important for pupils to understand the English culture and way of life.
The poll also revealed that more than two-fifths (43%) of the adults surveyed said that more attention should be given to teaching about Christianity in RE lessons. More than half (51%) also said they felt Christianity distinguishes right from wrong. But just over a third (37%) said they believe that many RE teachers do not know enough about Christianity to be able to teach it effectively. Andrea Williams welcomed the findings: "It is striking that so much of the public sees the need for Christianity to be taught properly. This survey shows that many people value the Christian framework."
Ms Williams said "This is not surprising, given that our society is increasingly confused about a basis for moral decisions, for human dignity and for community. Jesus is the personal basis for this, as well as the foundation for so much of our nation's culture and history." The poll was commissioned by Oxford University's Department of Education as part of a new project to support the teaching of Christianity in RE lessons, following concerns from inspectors and other quarters about how the subject is taught in schools. (Source: Australian Prayer Network)
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Worthy Is The Lamb
Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
Thank you for the cross Lord
thank you for the price you paid
bearing all my sin and shame
in love you came,
and gave amazing grace!