Remembering Pearl Harbor:
75 Years Later
Please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"The wicked are overthrown and are no more, but the house of the righteous will stand." (Proverbs 12:7)
"The Lord's mercies. . . are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:23)
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
1. Trump picks retired Gen. John Kelly to lead DHS - CNN
President-elect Donald Trump has chosen retired Gen. John Kelly to head the Department of Homeland Security, a senior transition official tells CNN.
The former head of US Southern Command, Kelly was previously responsible for managing security threats posed by criminal drug networks based in South and Central America -- an issue that Trump highlighted in his campaign, and to which Kelly would bring unique experience. (Read more)
- Father, we take note that Fox News has reported that General Kelly lost a son in the war in Afghanistan in the year 2010. We thank You that General Kelly will now have a strategic voice in this administration, for he is one who has surely paid the sacrifice for our freedom. Thank You, Lord, in Your name, amen.
- "Give to everyone what you owe them . . ." (Romans 13:7)
2. Trump picks Iowa Gov. Branstad to be ambassador to China - LA Times
Donald Trump has picked Terry Branstad, the long-serving Iowa governor who proved a loyal and unflinching surrogate in the presidential race, to be the ambassador to China, the transition team said Wednesday.
The choice of Branstad is likely to reassure Beijing, which has been rattled by Trump's rhetoric about China and his breaking decades of protocol with his outreach to Taiwan. The Iowa governor has deep ties to China and a personal friendship with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
Trump transition spokesman Jason Miller said Branstad is "someone who has a lot of experience and a great grasp of trade issues, agriculture issues, a tremendous understanding of China and Chinese people, and is someone who very much impressed the president elect not just in their meetings on the campaign trail but also in meetings after election."
The Chinese government reacted favorably to the pick. "Mr. Branstad is an old friend of the Chinese people, and we welcome his greater contribution to the development of China-U.S. relations," said Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang, during a press briefing in China. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the wisdom demonstrated by Donald Trump in making this appointment. Thank You that the many years that Governor Branstad has devoted to developing a positive relationship with the people of China will serve him well in the days ahead. In Your name, amen.
- "Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it." (Psalm 127:1)
3. Trump to nominate EPA critic Pruitt to lead agency - Fox News
President-elect Donald Trump is planning to nominate Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt - an outspoken critic of the EPA - to lead the environmental agency, a senior transition source confirmed to Fox News.
Pruitt, 48, has been a reliable booster of the fossil fuel industry and a critic of what he derides as the EPA's "activist agenda." . .
His installment, if confirmed, would mark a significant break with the current EPA approach toward global warming.
In an opinion article published earlier this year by National Review, Pruitt suggested the debate over global warming "is far from settled" and claimed "scientists continue to disagree about the degree and extent of global warming and its connection to the actions of mankind."
He also filed court briefs in support of the Keystone XL Pipeline project blocked by the Obama administration, which would have run through his state. And Pruitt sued the EPA over the agency's recent expansion of water bodies regulated under the federal Clean Water Act.
"Respect for private property rights have allowed our nation to thrive, but with the recently finalized rule, farmers, ranchers, developers, industry and individual property owners will now be subject to the unpredictable, unsound and often byzantine regulatory regime of the EPA," Pruitt said last year. (Read more)
- Lord God, we do praise You that President-elect Trump has chosen a man to head the EPA who places individual property rights ahead of the demands of a growing federal bureaucracy. Praise the Lord!
- "I will extol You, O Lord, for You have lifted me up, And have not let my foes rejoice over me." (Psalm 30:1)
4. Trump Taps WWE Co-Founder Linda McMahon as Small Business Head - Fox News
President-elect Donald Trump has chosen Linda McMahon, World Wrestling Entertainment's (WWE) cofounder and former CEO, to head the Small Business Administration in his Cabinet, his transition team announced Wednesday.
As administrator, McMahon will spearhead the federal government's efforts to work with small businesses and entrepreneurs across all 50 states. The 68-year-old executive was a major Trump donor during the 2016 presidential campaign. (Read more)
- We pray in the Spirit over this appointment. Amen.
- "Pray without ceasing . . ." (I Thessalonians 5:16)
5. Meet Trump's Pick for Secretary of Education: A "Solid Christian" Whose Vision for Education Reform was Inspired in Israel - Breaking Christian News
DeVos described traveling with a "marvelous teacher" who taught them about the "Shephelah"-a crescent area between the coastal plains where the Philistines lived and the foothills where the Israelites lived. DeVos said, "He challenged us all on that trip to be active in the Shephelah where the cultures meet" and added "our desire is to be that Shephelah, to confront the culture in which we all live today in ways which will continue to help advance God's Kingdom." (Read more)
- We thank You, Father, for this nominee. In Your name, amen.
- "In everything, give thanks." (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
6. Trump to Meet With ExxonMobil CEO as Secretary of State Search Expands - ABC News
Amid his broadening search for a secretary of state, President-elect Donald Trump is slated to meet today with ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson, according to a senior Trump transition officials.
The Texas oil executive is under consideration for the U.S.'s top diplomat, the official said.
The emergence of new names indicates that Trump may be conflicted about his shortlist and may be facing persistent division in his inner circle of advisers over the key choice. The Trump transition team says Trump is considering as many as nine candidates for secretary of state, with the selection process appearing to be far from over. (Read more)
- Lord God, out of all the positions on the President's cabinet, that of Secretary of State seems to be the most critical of all. Tonight we lift our voices in heartfelt prayer, asking that You would, indeed, "direct his heart in the way it should go." We stand against the nomination of anyone who follows a gospel other than Yours, as he represents this nation to the other nations of the world, for we are, indeed, one nation under God. Help us, O Lord we pray, amen.
- "The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
The Middle East in Focus
1. Arafat poisoned by political rival, Palestinian investigation finds - Israel Hayom
A commission of inquiry formed by the Palestinian Authority has found former Fatah official Mohammed Dahlan responsible for the death of Palestinian Authority President Yasser Arafat.
Arafat died in late 2004, aged 75, in France, after a short illness. The cause of his death has since been debated, inspiring various conspiracy theories, many of them alleging assassination by poison.
The Palestinian inquiry's findings, published Sunday, claim that Dahlan gave Arafat poisoned medicine during his 2004 hospitalization in Paris. The report further alleged that Dahlan loyalists were in contact with officials in a visiting foreign delegation, who delivered the poisoned medicine given to him. The individuals implicated later confessed to their crime, the report said. (Read more)
2. Bennett: Netanyahu must tell Trump what Israel wants as settlement in region - Jerusalem Post
Yesh Atid chairman Yair Lapid on Monday lamented the delay in implementing a resolution to create a government- recognized pluralist prayer space at the Western Wall and said he did not believe any progress would be made under the current government.
Speaking at the Jewish Media Summit in Jerusalem, Lapid was also highly critical of the country's attitude to progressive Jews, calling Israel "the only Western country where there is no freedom of religion for Jews."
Lapid said the state had approached Diaspora Jewish leaders and Jewish congressmen such as Rep. Eliot Engel (D-New York) and Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-New York) for help obtaining various security guarantees from the Obama administration in light of the adoption of the Iran nuclear deal and Israel's concerns about it. (Read more)
3. PMO chief to Diaspora journalists: Israel can't separate religion and state - Times of Israel
Israel is unable and unwilling to change its unique blend of religion and state, said the director-general of the Prime Minister's Office in an address to Jewish Diaspora journalists in Jerusalem on Sunday.
"While many great democracies around the world can successfully and beautifully separate religion and state, in Israel we can't," Eli Groner said. "We can't and we won't. We're a Jewish sovereign nation state, for better and for worse."
Speaking at the second annual Jewish Media Summit in Jerusalem, Groner also called on Jewish newspapers to focus less on Israel's foreign relations and more on what happens inside the country. (Read more)
4. Hezbollah turns 200 towns in Lebanon into launching pads - Israel National News
The IDF has published a map on its Twitter page revealing that Hezbollah has taken over more than 200 towns and villages in southern Lebanon since the 2006 Second Lebanon War, Channel 2 News reported Tuesday.
Some of the houses, in which innocent citizens of Lebanon reside, have become rocket launching sites, headquarters and warehouses for rockets. The targets displayed on the map will be the ones attacked by the IDF should a new war be launched on the northern front. (Read more)
5. Artist places giant golden statue of Netanyahu in the middle of Tel Aviv - Jerusalem Online
A golden statue of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu mysteriously appeared this morning (Tuesday) in the middle of Tel Aviv's Rabin Square, provoking various responses from pedestrians in the area. Some people opposed the statue while others voiced their support for it and the artist's message.
"This is Rabin Square, not Bibi Square," said a Tel Aviv resident, referring to the Israeli Prime Minister by his nickname. Shortly after the artist revealed his identity, the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality posted an official warning on the statue, demanding its removal by 12:58 PM today.
This morning, Channel 2 News was the first to report that an Israeli artist who wished to remain anonymous placed a giant statue of Netanyahu at the popular site. Shortly thereafter, artist Itay Zaliet decided to reveal his identity and take credit for his creation. Zaliet explained that the 4.5-meter (14.76-foot) statue is just the beginning of a series of artistic works he will show off. "My goal is to test the limitations imposed on freedom of expression in Israel in 2016," said Zaliet.
"What happens when I place a statue like this? Will this action have consequences like being arrested or will it just be removed." (Read more)
6. Former police commanders warn of serious violence in Amona - YNET News
More than 10 years have passed since that night in early February 2006, but when Brig. Gen. (res.) Meir Bokovza starts recounting the great drama that took place in the outpost he was sent to evacuate, he gets all tense and excited as if it all happened a week ago.
Bokovza served at the time as deputy commander of the Israel Police's West Bank District and was tasked with commanding the operation to evacuate nine houses in Amona which were to be demolished under a High Court of Justice (HCJ) order. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Arctic air to invade majority of US this week - Accuweather.com
The coldest and most widespread blast of arctic air so far this season will spread across the majority of the United States this week.
Frigid air from the depths of the Arctic will plunge into the United States as the jet stream (a fast-river of air along which storms travel) drops southward.
The coldest days of next week will yield highs and lows generally 10-20 degrees Fahrenheit below normal from the Northwest to the Gulf and East coasts.
Departures from normal highs will even approach 30 degrees in Billings, Montana, and Denver, Colorado. (Read more)
- Father God, as this frigid air begins to descend upon our continent, we ask for Your hand of protection to rest upon our people. We pray for all sources of energy, that we may have heat in these dangerous conditions. We ask, too, for grace to be with the homeless; may they find a place of shelter, too. In Your Name, amen.
- "Our soul waits for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield.
For our heart rejoices in Him,
Because we trust in His holy name.
Let Your lovingkindness, O Lord, be upon us,
According as we have hoped in You." (Psalm 33:20-22)
2. Pipeline Protesters, Battered By Blizzard, Vow To Stay - NPR
The sun was shining on opponents of the Dakota Access Pipeline on Sunday, when the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers announced that it would not approve the final and key part of the controversial project. Less than 24 hours later, many of those people were huddling in shelters or trying to escape the rural camp as a brutal winter storm bore down on them.
Cars slid off roads and tents were blown over as winds gusted to more than 50 mph, causing near white-out conditions on the short stretch of highway between the protesters' camp and the small town of Cannon Ball, N.D.
. . . Morning Star Gali, of the Achomawi Band of the Pit River Tribe, left the camp with her two daughters and sheltered in Cannon Ball after the storm hit. But she was preparing to return Tuesday, regardless of the request and subzero temperatures.
"[The pipeline] hasn't left yet, the machinery hasn't left yet, the floodlights have been turned off, the barbed wire hasn't been removed," she says. "Until that occurs, it's not over with and we plan to be here." (Read more)
- Lord God, politics aside, lives are now clearly in danger because of this storm. We ask that these protestors would heed the warnings of their tribal leaders and seek shelter. We ask for calm for this part of our nation, in Your name, amen.
- "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
3. Devious plot grows to 'shut down' Trump's inauguration - WND
group of leftist activists is plotting to "shut down" the inauguration of Donald Trump on Jan. 20 - forcing the president-elect to take his oath of office "behind closed doors" - "if Trump is to be inaugurated at all."
The group, known as the D.C. Counter-Inaugural Welcoming Committee, or #DisruptJ20, says it calls on "all people of conscience to shut down the ceremonies."
It continues, "It Trump is inaugurated at all, let it happen behind closed doors, showing the world that the vast majority of people in the U.S. do not support his presidency or consent to his rule." (Read more)
- "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34) Lord God, we thank You that You have moved upon the hearts of our people to choose Donald Trump as the next President of the United States. We cast down, nullify, and call to no effect any plans that would interfere with his installation as President on January 20th. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, in Your Name, amen.
- "The one enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord derides them, Then he speaks to them in his anger, in his wrath he terrifies them: 'I myself have installed my king on Zion, my holy mountain.'" (Psalm 2:4-6)
4. D.C. prepares for a million inauguration visitors - and protesters - The Washington Post
After a hard-fought presidential election that bitterly divided the nation, local and federal officials are preparing for upwards of a million people to pour into the nation's capital and replay some of that drama on Jan. 20, when Donald Trump takes the oath of office as the 45th president.
Officials say they are anticipating a larger-than-usual number of protesters this inauguration but are unsure of exactly what to expect as they converge with Trump supporters at the inaugural ceremony at the U.S. Capitol, the parade that will follow and several planned demonstrations.
But they say they'll be ready with thousands of police officers and National Guard members from across the country assigned to Washington for the weekend. D.C. hotels and rentals are filling up. And city officials are expecting more than 1,500 charter buses.
. . . Along with D.C. police, the city will bring in 3,200 law enforcement officers from across the country to mainly work the parade route. Seven thousand members of the National Guard will also be in the District, unarmed and watching over the route. U.S. Capitol Police, which will also have a large security presence, would not comment on its inauguration plans. (Read more)
- Father, we continue to pray Psalm 91 over this city both now, and in the days ahead. We lift up all the security personnel who will be with us, asking Your grace to rest upon them. In the mighty Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, and through His shed blood, we destroy all plans that are in place to cancel the installation of Donald J. Trump as President of the United States. Amen.
- "Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
5. Trump Vows to "Stop Dead" Mideast Immigration: "We have no idea who they are" - Times of Israel
President-elect Donald Trump vowed to "keep America safe" by cracking down on immigration from the Middle East and favoring "stability" in foreign policy.
Speaking to a raucous audience of thousands of supporters in Cincinnati, Ohio at the start of what his staff have billed as a "Thank you" tour of the American Midwest, Trump seemed to double down on key campaign promises about Muslim immigration and a wall on the Mexican border.
"The job of the president is to keep America safe, and that will always be my highest priority," Trump said.
"We will do everything in our power to keep the scourge of terrorism out of our country. People are pouring in from regions of the Middle East. We have no idea who they are, where they come from, what they're thinking. And we're going to stop that dead, cold, flat," he said.
"People coming into the country have to have the potential to love us, not to hate us," he said. (Read more)
- As America transitions from hearing campaign promises to hearing our new president's plan to execute those promises, pray that there is unity in the government and a willingness to put our country ahead of selfish agendas. Pray also that there are pure motives behind every decision.
- "But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." (Matt. 12:36-37)
[Prayer offered by IFA.]
6. Trump Fires Adviser's Son From Transition for Spreading Fake News - New York Times
President-elect Donald J. Trump on Tuesday fired one of his transition team's staff members, Michael G. Flynn, the son of Mr. Trump's choice for national security adviser, for using Twitter to spread a fake news story about Hillary Clinton that led to an armed confrontation in a pizza restaurant in Washington.
The uproar over Mr. Flynn's Twitter post cast a harsh spotlight on the views that he and his father, Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, aired on social media throughout the presidential campaign. Both men have shared fake news stories alleging that Mrs. Clinton committed felonies, and have posted their own Twitter messages that at times have crossed into Islamophobia.
But their social media musings apparently attracted little attention from Mr. Trump or his transition team before a North Carolina man fired a rifle on Sunday inside Comet Ping Pong, which was the subject of false stories tying it and the Clinton campaign to a child sex trafficking ring.(Read more)
- Father God, many of us have had to rely upon non- mainstream sources to find the news to pray over, as the MSM (mainstream media) does not always portray the truth. Lord God, as we do so, we fully rely on the gift of the Holy Spirit to then help us to discern true, evidence-based news, and "fake news." Thank You, Lord, for Trump's quick action in this matter. Amen.
- "For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth." (2 Corinthians 13:8)
7. Could the European Union fall apart? - BBC
It has been a dreadful year for the European Union. It has just got a lot worse. Next year could transform a looming existential threat into a terminal reality. The end of a joint 60-year project to transform the politics of an entire continent is now a distinct possibility.
Some would greet the prospect with glee, others with horror. But few have thought through what it would mean if the pillars came crashing down.
The Italian vote means, as here, a populist, anti-establishment surge has defenestrated a prime minister. (Read more)
- Lord God, as we witness this new move of the Spirit which is now sweeping across the globe, we see that the end-time harvest is at hand. Help us to be ready to "catch" all those whose names are yet written in the Lamb's Book of Life. May we be found ready when You come! Amen!
- "He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels." (Revelation 3:5)
8. Angela Merkel calls for widespread ban on 'full veil' Islamic coverings - Washington Post
German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who last year opened the door to nearly 1 million mostly Muslim migrants, staked out a tough new stance on conservative Islam on Tuesday by making her first direct call for a widespread ban on "full veil" religious coverings.
Her backing could add Germany to the growing list of European nations imposing restrictions on Islamic coverings as debates sharpen across the continent over religious tolerance, perceived threats to European identity and possible security threats from Islamists.
It could also signal a pragmatic shift to the right for Merkel, who is seeking a fourth term as Germany's leader. In the wake of Britain's vote to leave the European Union and the U.S. election of Donald Trump, the tolerant Merkel became seen as among the last guardians of liberal democracy in the West.
But her handling of the refugee crisis - which hit her approval ratings and caused internal party dissent - is now seen as a critical weakness looking ahead to next year's elections. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that Angela Merkel has now had a change of heart regarding policies of "tolerance" towards the people of Islam - especially when it comes to matters of national security. We ask that You strengthen her hand as she seeks to serve as a voice of restraint against the flood of refugees that have overtaken Germany in the past two years. In Your name, amen.
- "He will be . . . a strength to them that turn the battle to the gate." (Isaiah 28:6)
9. Iranian President Threatens US Over Sanctions Extension - VOA News
Iran's President Hassan Rouhani is threatening the United States with a "harsh reaction", after Congress voted last week to renew sanctions against the country for an additional 10 years.
Rouhani said if U.S. President Barack Obama implements the sanctions it would mark a "blatant and clear breach" of the nuclear agreement reached last year. (Read more)
- Lord God, we offer You praise for this vote taken by Congress last week. May we not ever "cave in" to Iran's threats, but instead stand strong for freedom. In Your Name, amen.
- "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." (I Peter 5:8)
10. Remembering A Day of Infamy, 75 Years Ago - CBN
Pearl Harbor is Still "Burned" on This Survivor's Mind and His Body
In his new memoir about Pearl Harbor, USS Arizona survivor Don Stratton talks about Captain Mitsuo Fuchida, the pilot who led the attack on Pearl Harbor. After the war, Fuchida met a missionary and accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. (Read more)
- Father, let us never be found sleeping when danger is at the door. Help us, O Lord, we pray! Thank You, too, for the amazing testimony of the conversion of Captain Mitsuo Fuchida. Love truly conquers all. Amen.
- " . . .weep with those who weep." (Romans 12:15)
11. Breaking! Ohio Senate Passes Pro-life "Heartbeat Bill" - LifeSiteNews
After years of political maneuvering, vote avoidance, and pro-life division, the Ohio Senate passed a bill that will ban abortions once the baby's heartbeat is detected.
The "Heartbeat Bill" hasn't moved since it was passed in the Ohio House in 2015 after years of delay. If signed into law, the measure would stop the abortion of children whose heartbeat can be detected, which is at about eight weeks' gestation.
The bill was added to House Bill 493, which addresses child abuse reporting. It passed by a 21-10 margin during the senate's lame-duck session.
The Ohio House must agree to amendments and specific language, and then the bill goes to Governor John Kasich's desk. (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord!
- "Therefore, choose life." (Deut. 30:19)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
The fool confounding the wise
The Trump Presidency is taking shape with cabinet appointments and transition team assignments. These are the things each new Administration must do as they prepare for office. But this time it's different. The stock markets have gained record amounts, saying they are moving away from the interest rate-based standard of recent years to an earnings based standard; companies that had planned to move their business overseas are deciding to keep their jobs in America; and foreign countries are being put on notice that things are not going to be their globalist norm. Globalist leftists are crying foul already and fear the worst. We as Americans need to reset our thinking after 20-plus years of America in decline.
Last week, the New York Times wrote a story about Donald Trump's unorthodoxy on foreign policy. The story was essentially a lot of hand-wringing that Trump was going to upset the balance of foreign policy by making extremely stupid diplomatic mistakes. The story was pointing out that Trump had called or had talked to a list of diplomats that were out of order of the normal protocol. They were also really bent out of shape that Trump had received a call from the President of Taiwan, which sent a signal to China that the US may be recognizing Taiwan as the true China-a real "no-no" in US-Chinese relations. The Times insinuated Trump was dangerously ignorant.
It caught the attention of the Chinese, warning they hoped Trump's remarks didn't interfere with trade relations. Trump fired back saying China could face stiff tariffs if it didn't quit manipulating its currency to gain trade advantages. Tuesday, Trump texted, "Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!." He was referring to Boeing running the costs up on a new Air Force One and that Boeing was "doing a little bit of a number." So whether it is China or Boeing playing the US as a weak kneed negotiator, Trump is pushing back on behalf of the American citizen's. The media and democrats are aghast that Trump will ruin everything.
Americans need to get acclimated once again to American exceptionalism. The cozy relationships that liberals masquerading as Republicans and communists in the Democratic Party have created over the past 27 years are being shaken even before Trump takes office. This half a generation of globalism and getting along at your expense put our nation in decline. This new normal will be a shock to many and those in power are saying Trump is foolish and are mocking him. Let us remember 1 Corinthians 1:27, which says, "But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise." Let us also remember not to put our trust in political solutions-Let's keep our eyes, hearts and prayers fixed on Jesus.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
News from North Dakota
News from North Dakota:
A Message from one of our Friends
Brr!! We have had a blizzard here for the past couple of days and were snowed in the house all day today! Also, you have heard of the protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline.. well that is near my city. We have been bombarded with protestors and there has been much violence. Much of what is being portrayed in the news is false or inaccurate information. Since the Army Corp of Engineers denied the easement, there will be a break in the violence we hope.
The tribal leader told the protestors to go home now, but they won't. They governor warned them about the weather about 2 weeks ago and told them to get out of here before the weather got bad. We have now had 2 blizzards in a little over a week. The protestors are complaining and saying that our Law Enforcement and city workers who do snow removal, and the National Guard are treating them unfairly because they won't come plow the roads for them or bring them emergency fuel, etc. (Our roads IN town are not even being plowed- it is a snow emergency!)
Please pray for peace in the hearts of people. The verse that kept coming to my head the past few days was Matthew 24:12- and the love of many will grow cold. There is much hate and anger from both sides here. When I read comments online I feel myself start to get angry inside and almost lash out responses to them- but then I delete the message and pray. We need to release love, understanding, kindness, and patience. Not just in my state, but across the nation where protests are and have been taking place! Pray against the spirit of division!!!! In Jesus' name, amen!!!
Michelle in North Dakota
- Yes, Michelle, we agree with Your prayer request, and we ask that the Prince of Peace would bring peace to our land, in His name, amen.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
When We All Get To Heaven
"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." (1 Thessalonians 4:17)
Sing the wondrous love of Jesus,
Sing His mercy and His grace.
In the mansions bright and blessèd
He'll prepare for us a place.
When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We'll sing and shout the victory!
While we walk the pilgrim pathway,
Clouds will overspread the sky;
But when traveling days are over,
Not a shadow, not a sigh.
Let us then be true and faithful,
Trusting, serving every day;
Just one glimpse of Him in glory
Will the toils of life repay.
Onward to the prize before us!
Soon His beauty we'll behold;
Soon the pearly gates will open;
We shall tread the streets of gold.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Eliza Hewitt
About the hymn:
The author of this text, Eliza Hewitt, was a school teacher in Philadelphia and a Christian lay worker who was deeply devoted to the Sunday school movement. Like many of the other gospel song writers during the latter half of the nineteenth century, Eliza's goal in writing her songs was to reach children and teach them the basic truths of the gospel. She dedicated this particular song to her own Sunday school class in Philadelphia. Though an invalid for much of her life, Eliza was always active and enjoyed a long personal friendship with Fanny Crosby. These two women met often for fellowship and discussion of their new hymns.
Signs and Wonders
HERE COMES THE SOLAR WIND
Editor's note: To view this dramatic image, go here.
A solar wind stream is approaching Earth with wind speeds as high as 700 km/s. First contact with the fast-moving gas on Dec. 7-8 could produce G1-class geomagnetic storms and auroras at high latitudes. Observers around the Arctic Circle could be in for a fine light show.
The source of this solar wind stream is a hole in the sun's atmosphere, shown here in a Dec. 5th image from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory . . .
This is a "coronal hole"--a region where the sun's magnetic field has opened up, allowing solar wind to escape. Because this hole is broad, the emerging stream of solar wind is broad as well. It should influence Earth for several days after it arrives. (SpaceWeather.com)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
This Muslim Immigrant Led 600 Iranians to Jesus
United Kingdom)-[God Reports] He was uncertain and purposeless when he immigrated to the UK from Iran as a Muslim. But eight years later, God is using Shapoor to build His Kingdom among the refugee population.
"When I was a Muslim I didn't believe God could talk to ordinary people and have any relationship or use ordinary people," Shapoor told a ministry leader with Pioneers.
When Shapoor began to read the Scripture for the first time, it changed his life. "When I came to Christ and read the Bible I found out God has a heart for sinners and everybody," he says.
In The River - Jesus Culture
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]
PrayerSurgeNow and 24/7 Prayer
PrayerSurgeNow and 24/7 Prayer:
Two other prayer ministries to note --
24/7 Prayer Continues!
You are welcome to join the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call!
> > > The 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call is taking place for 70 Days leading up to the Jan 20, 2017 Presidential Inauguration in DC.
Numerous ministries are participating. Join in any time, day or night in this continuous stream of intercession:
Our good friend, Dai Sup Han, raised up PrayerSurgeNow at the leading of our Lord, nine years ago. Ever since then, "PSN" has hosted weekly conference calls every Saturday morning from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. EST, with speakers who provide briefings to the Body of Christ of different topics needing prayer.
PSN also offers other opportunities now, throughout the week each week, to join with other seasoned intercessors in releasing targeted prayers for our nation.
For news of PSN's weekly agendas, please visit their website by going to: prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.