Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Friday, April 12, 2013
"And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence . . ." (Acts 4:29)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. Gun bill clears Senate hurdle as filibuster falls short - Fox News
Controversial gun legislation cleared a key Senate hurdle Thursday, as lawmakers voted 68-31 to start debate on the package which includes expanded background checks and new penalties for gun trafficking.
- Father, we do thank You for our "two party" system, whereby there tends to be lively discussions. We ask for Your wisdom to be given to our legislators, and that there would be a consensus of opinion as to the need to control the sale of weapons, and still protect our Constitutional right "to bear arms". Amen.
- "Now I plead with you, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment." (I Corinthians 1:10)
2. Obama Will Become First President to Spend $4T in One Year - CNS News
In the historical tables it released along with President Barack Obama's fiscal 2014 budget proposal this morning, the White House Office of Management and Budget revealed that in fiscal 2016, under the president's budget proposal, it expects Obama to become the first president in the nation's history to preside over a federal government that spends more than $4 trillion in one year.
- Lord, we are appalled that there continues to be excessive escalation of spending, when even our national defense is at risk with the "sequester" cutbacks of our military pre-paredness. We ask, Lord that You would be the President's Chief Counsel, and that, miraculously, he would seek Your face and Your priorities in the budget. Amen.
- "He silences the lips of trusted advisers and takes away the discernment of elders."Teach me good judgment, wise and right discernment, and knowledge, for I have believed Your commandments." (Job 12:20; Psalm 119:66)
3. One-third of Air Force including Blue Angels grounded by sequester
- Tru News
A top general says federal budget cuts that will ground one-third of the U.S. Air Force's active-duty force of combat planes including fighters and bombers means "accepting the risk that combat airpower may not be ready to respond immediately to new contingencies as they occur." Gen. Mike Hostage, commander of Air Combat Command at Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Virginia, issued the warning Tuesday as the Pentagon braces for more effects of the automatic spending cuts triggered by the lack of a budget agreement in Washington. (See more, below.)
- Abba, as we asked above for wisdom and discernment for our President and Congress, and we ask also, that there would be a "reordering of priorities" to protect and defend our nation, especially now as the nations rage against one another, and our enemies seem to be growing in number and intensity. We thank You that You are our Defender and our Stability in an unstable world. Amen.
- "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand]. I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!" (Psalm 91:1-2)
4. Kerry lands amid 'reckless' rhetoric - CNN
John Kerry said Friday that the United States is prepared to enter into talks with North Korea, but only if it is serious about negotiating the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. Kerry's Asia trip will include visits to China and Japan. The tour comes at a time when all three countries have new leaders.
- Abba, we thank You for this opportunity for Secretary of State, John Kerry, to make this trip and talk to these leaders in North Korea, China, and Japan. As a representative of our nation, we ask that he would conduct himself with dignity and that You would fill his mouth with the right words, as he speaks to these leaders.
- "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." (Colossians 4:5,6)
5. "Consumed in nuclear flames": N. Korea threatens strike on Tokyo
- RT News
Pyongyang warned that Tokyo would be its primary target if war broke out on the Korean Peninsula, if Japan maintains its "hostile posture." It also threatened a nuclear strike against the island nation if it intercepts any North Korean test missiles.
- Lord, indeed the nations are raging, and imagining all kinds of things! We ask Lord, that these leaders of North Korea and Tokyo would stop their threats, and think about ding good for their nations! We ask that You would reveal Yourself, the Prince of Peace, and the King of the Universe to them, and they would fall prostrate before You and repent, and regain their sanity. In Yeshua's Name we pray.
- "They came to Yeshua and saw the man who had the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed, and in his right mind; and they were frightened." (Mark 5:15)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Yahweh is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
1. Hamas eyes bigger regional role - Times of Israel
Hamas chief Khaled Mashaal has set an ambitious agenda for his new term, seeking to transform his Islamic movement that rules Gaza into a widely recognized political force, but without making concessions toward Israel needed for international acceptance.
2. Israeli source: There will be no gestures towards Palestinians - Ynet News
Talks yes, gestures of goodwill no. Senior officials in Jerusalem who were present during talks between US Secretary of State John Kerry and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu claimed Wednesday that Israel does not intend to present any confidence building measures towards the Palestinians.
3. Sources: Palestinian PM Fayyad quits over Abbas row - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad offered his resignation to President Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday following a rift between the two men over government policy, two sources told Reuters.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence . . ." (Acts 4:29)
1. Prisoners of Labor Camps in China Subjected to Torture and Abuse - AsiaNews
Women who are pregnant or disabled forced to work 14 hours a day like all the others, threatened with beatings or torture, forced to live in unhygienic conditions; often forcibly chained to their beds: this is the reality revealed in a secret diary kept by a woman prisoner in a laojiao (re-education through labor camp) in Liaoning, known as the Masanjia. The diary was smuggled out, escaping the control of the guards and is now circulating on the internet. The author was imprisoned for presenting petitions and was released from the forced labor camp in February.
The diary reveals the arbitrary abuses of police wielded out on inmates, under the guise of "maintaining stability". It is said that women are forced to spy on each other and that the inmates are not given enough food or medical care. Some people suffering from cancer do not receive any treatment.
2. Libya Releases Four Egyptian Christians from Prison - Reuters
Libya on Thursday released four Egyptian Christians who spent more than a month in jail after being accused of proselytizing, Egypt's state news agency MENA said.
Quoting church sources, MENA said Libyan authorities had dropped the charges against them. A fifth detained Egyptian died in a Tripoli prison last month, it added.
3. Leaders Call for a National Dialogue to end Religious Tensions in Tanzania - The Citizen
Political leaders have called for a national dialogue aimed at finding a solution to religious tensions in the country.Speaking in separate interviews with The Citizen, they said the dialogue should involve leaders from all faiths, senior government officials, politicians and heads of security agencies.
Some said inclusive consultations were the most effective way of easing the tensions.Others said the consultations should be preceded by a commission appointed by President Jakaya Kikwete to investigate the cause of the problem and the findings discussed during the dialogue.
The views come a few days after the chairman of the Tanzania Centre for Democracy (TCD), Mr James Mbatia, said the centre would convene a meeting later this month to discuss the issue.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
The who's who of mentally extreme and unstable
Have you ever been accused of something that you never thought of doing? It's called projection--"the transfer of one's own desires or emotions to another person." During my nearly 20 years in political consulting, I found that if an opposing candidate accused my candidate of something totally unrelated to anything he had done, it was a safe bet that the opposing candidate was doing it himself. The Department of Homeland Defense and many in the military's top brass are projecting onto Christians and conservatives an insinuation of extremism and mental instability. The disarmament movement is the shaft, if not, the point of this spear. There is an all out projection attack on conservatives and Christians.
An April 7, 2009 DHS document--the first major public document released by the current administration--defined right wing extremism as: "Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration." The report spends considerable time discussing how these folks are buying ammo and guns in anticipation of gun controls.
The American Family Association has posted an August 10, 2012 email from Lt Col Jack L Rich, Jr. US Army identifying those as extremist and hate groups who are anti-gay, the religious right in America, the Family Research Council, the American Family Association, those who are anti-immigrant (quoting the extreme leftist group Southern Poverty Law Center), anti-Islam (naming several Christian and conservative groups), and the patriot movement. It also lumps them in with Neo-Nazis, the KKK, and Black Separatists. It describes the patriot movement as anti-government militias, ministries and citizens groups--again quoting the Southern Poverty Law Center. In essence, everybody except Lt Col Rich and his political ilk are hate mongers and a threat to America.
This, on the heels of another powerpoint presumably distributed in the US Army reinforcing Rich's email. The occupant of the Oval Office and his minions are pro-abortion, pro-homosexual, and anti-gun--extremely so. They are labeling Christians extremists who believe the scriptures are the inerrant and infallible word of God. If you are an extremist, you also must be mentally ill. Mental illness is at the heart of the occupant's disarmament movement. If you are a believer in the scriptures know 2 Timothy 1:7, "For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." You are not the extreme or the mentally ill. They are projecting. Stand on the Word. And having done all, stand.
DHS Report on Rightwing Extremism:
Lt Col Jack L Rich email:
US Army extremism powerpoint:
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Inside North Korea: Shock video
Inside North Korea: Shock video and photos show true horror of Kim Jong-un's evil regime
This shocking video, which has been secreted out of North Korea, was released to the U.K.'s "Mirror News" publication.
Children are left in the street to die. A prison camp is exposed even while a North Korean soldier shoots at the camera holder.
A Pastor Kim Seung-Eun is interviewed about the true conditions in NORTH KOREA.
Please pray for the people of NORTH KOREA in this critical hour.
Click on this link to read the report and watch the video released out of North Korea.
Steve Shultz, Founder and Publisher
The Elijah List & Breaking Christian News
Joel Rosenberg: DIA bombshell
DIA "BOMBSHELL" ASSESSMENT THAT NORTH KOREA MAY NOW HAVE NUCLEAR MISSILES COULD ACCELERATE ISRAELI CALCULUS FOR HITTING IRAN
U.S. intel: Assad's days numbered. "We just don't know the number."
Washington, D.C., April 12, 2013) -- The news that the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency now believes North Korea may be able to miniaturize its nuclear warheads and fit them on ballistic missiles means the crisis on the Korean Peninsula involves not just one but two dangerous scenarios.
First, that Kim Jung Un -- the Pyongyang man-child dictator -- will trigger a nuclear war in East Asia, either purposefully or accidentally. The last Korean war cost more than 2.5 million lives. The next one could cost many multiples of that. Seoul alone is a city of some 12 million people.
Second, that Benjamin Netanyahu -- the Israeli Prime Minister -- will feel compelled to launch a massive preemptive strike against Iran's nuclear facilities sooner rather than later. Why? Because the rapid advancement of North Korea in building nuclear warheads capable of fitting on ballistic missiles means Iran is not far behind from accomplishing the same if North Korea is selling their research to the mullahs in Tehran.
This could accelerate the Israeli calculus for taking decisive action since neither the Obama administration nor other world powers appear to be taking decisive steps of their own to neutralize the Iranian nuclear threat.
This is what I call "linkage."
While on the surface North Korea is creating a crisis that is unique to the Pacific theater, the sober truth is that the crisis actually has direct and immediate implications for the Middle East. Israeli leaders are monitoring the North Korean developments very closely. They are also watching equally closely how the White House is handling the Korean situation.
At this point, Netanyahu and his advisors are likely drawing the following conclusions:
1. Pyongyang either has or nearly has not just an operational nuclear warhead, but one that can be fitted on a ballistic missile;
2. Therefore, because Iran and North Korea are working so closely together, it must be assumed that Iran is even closer to having deliverable nuclear missiles than previously believed;
3. The U.S. intends to take no decisive action to stop Pyongyang from becoming a nuclear weapons power;
4. Therefore, it can be assumed that the U.S. is not going to take decisive action to stop Iran from becoming a nuclear weapons power;
5. In the cases of both North Korea and Iran, the Obama administration talks tough, but carries a little stick - the U.S. merely intends to contain and deter these two countries from using nuclear weapons, not really prevent them from building them;
6. Thus, Israel is on its own, and may need to move hard and fast to keep Iran from crossing the red line, after which Israel won't have an effective military option.
To read full article, go to the blog.
USAF Grounding Squadrons
US Air Force grounding squadrons across the United States
According to internal documents obtained by Air Force Times, beginning on Apr. 9, 2013, the U.S. Air Force will begin grounding front line combat units as a consequence of sequestration and the need to deal with budget cuts.
Seventeen squadrons belonging to the various U.S. Air Force commands are going to be affected by the stand down order.
The grounding is aimed to save the 44,000 flying hours (worth 591 million USD) through September.
The funded 241,496 flying hours will be distributed to those squadrons that will remain combat ready or are expected to keep a reduced readiness level called "basic mission capable" until the end of the Fiscal Year 2013.
Whilst some squadron will be immediately grounded, others will be forced down as soon as they come back from their overseas deployment. Among them, the 94th Fighter Squadron from Langley, whose F-22 Raptor stealth fighters currently deployed to Kadena, Okinawa and Osan airbase amid Korean Peninsula crisis, or 354th Fighter Squadron, 12 A-10C of which are currently returning to Davis Monthan after being deployed to Afghanistan.
Other grounded units include the Thunderbirds demo team, 555th Fighter Squadron from Aviano airbase, Italy; 77th Fighter Squadron from Shaw AFB, South Carolina; 492nd and 494th Fighter Squadrons from RAF Lakenheath, UK; 18th Aggressor Squadron from Eielson AFB, Alaska; B-52 squadrons belonging to the 2nd Bomb Wing from Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, and 5th Bomb Wing from Minot AFB, North Dakota; as well as B-1 squadrons from both 2nd and 7th Bomb Wing from Dyess AFB, Texas.
(Source: The Aviationist) Read more.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Annette Funicello's Faith before Death
Original Mickey Mouse Club's Annette Funicello before death says,
"The Lord . . . He will see me through this"
California)-Annette Funicello, one of the original "Mouseketeers" on the Mickey Mouse Club, died on Monday, April 8th, she was 70.
Annette had been battling Multiple Sclerosis since her diagnosis in 1992.
Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, told Fox News, "Annette was well known for being as beautiful inside as she was on the outside, and she faced her physical challenges with dignity, bravery and grace. All of us at Disney join with family, friends, and fans around the world in celebrating her extraordinary life."
Annette was the daughter of Italian Americans Virginia Jeanne and Joseph Funicello, according to the Wikipedia report. She and her family moved to Southern California when she was four, and she began her professional career as a child performer when she was 12. . .
Speaking about her faith, Annette said, "'I've always been religious. This just makes me appreciate the Lord even more because things could always be worse. I know He will see me through this."
Annette's daughter Gina Gilardi said after her mother's death, "She's on her toes dancing in Heaven . . . no more MS. My brothers and I were there, holding her sweet hands when she left us."
(Source: Christian Post) Read more.