Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Thursday, March 28, 2013
The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you." (Matthew 28:2-6)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. Russia Becoming a 'Bona Fide Dictatorship' - Spiegel Online
Russia continued its series of raids on non-governmental organizations on Wednesday with visits to Human Rights Watch and Transparency International. The operation, say German commentators, is just the latest sign that Russian civil society is eroding and President Putin is turning into a dictator.
- Father, we bind the spirit of power and control that has always run Mr. Putin as a former member of the KGB, and ask that You reveal Your truth to him and change his heart.
- "The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord - He that sits in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall hold them all in derision." [Psalm 2:2,4]
2. Russia to ban cash transactions over $10,000 - Russia Beyond the Headlines
Russia may ban cash payments for purchases of more than 300,000 rubles (around $10,000) starting in 2015. The move is expected to boost banks' cash reserves and put a damper on Russia's shadow economy. However, the middle class will most likely end up having to pay the price for the scheme.
- Lord, this is but the tip of the economic iceberg across the world's economies. The stealing of money from the "rich" has become a theme across the globe. As this trend moves forward, socialism and communism stand waiting at the gate. We pray that You will prevent such repression, and release Your Holy Spirit to bring freedom and life to all.
- "House and riches are the inheritance of fathers" [Proverbs 19:14a]
3. North Korea to cut all channels with South as "war may break out any time"- Reuters
Reclusive North Korea is to cut the last channel of communications with the South because war could break out at "any moment", it said on Wednesday, days of after warning the United States and South Korea of nuclear attack.
- Father, as the United States has sent 2 B-2 Spirit bombers that can carry nuclear weapons to this region, we ask that You cover both North and South Korea with Your hedge of protection. We plead the Blood of Jesus over every action and reaction by all nations involved.
- "And you shall hear of wars and rumors of wars:" [Matthew 24:6a]
4. Fla. Governor Calls for Investigation of 'Stomp Jesus' University - Fox News
Florida Gov. Rick Scott is calling on the state university system chancellor to investigate a classroom lesson at Florida Atlantic University in which students were instructed to stomp on sheets of paper that had "Jesus" written on them.
- Father, we pray for justice in this situation. The instructor who caused this uproar has not been sanctioned or removed from his position, and this shows that the University is in favor of his actions. We ask for a mighty move of Your Spirit through this campus to bring conviction of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
- "And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment." [John 16:8]
5. FBI Pursuing Real-Time Gmail Spying Powers as "Top Priority" for 2013 -Slate
Despite the pervasiveness of law enforcement surveillance of digital communication, the FBI still has a difficult time monitoring Gmail, Google Voice, and Dropbox in real time. But that may change soon, because the bureau says it has made gaining more powers to wiretap all forms of Internet conversation and cloud storage a "top priority" this year.
- Father, we pray Your covering of protection over all conversations of Christians worldwide as we use the internet for ministry. We ask that seeing eyes be made blind.
- "You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall compass me about with songs of deliverance." [Psalm 32:7]
6. Study estimates Obamacare could raise individual claim costs 32 percent -Washington Guardian
In a report that could prove a big political headache for the administration, the Society of Actuaries estimated Tuesday that insurers will have to pay out an average of 32 percent more for claims on individual health policies under the Affordable Care Act, a cost likely to be passed on to consumers.
- Lord, as the costs of healthcare skyrocket out of the range of ordinary people, we ask for Your Divine healing to come as a wave of hope among the citizens of America. Let us depend upon You, for You will not fail us.
-"Who forgives all your iniquities; who heals all your diseases." [Psalm 103:3]
7. Supreme Court justices question DOMA's range - Washington Times
The federal government has a "powerful interest" in a single, uniform definition of marriage, even if it excludes gay unions that are legal in individual states, the lawyer defending the federal Defense of Marriage Act said Wednesday as the Supreme Court concluded two days of landmark arguments on gay marriage.
- Lord, we pray the "tent peg of Jael" be driven through the minds of the Supreme Court justices in the following thoughts: they are not the lawmakers, that God is the Supreme law giver and His court alone is the highest over the land - should they make law or uphold the Constitution - and should the court be allowed to override the will of the people in an election. We pray that they will see these issues with clarity, and will turn to Your love and mercy for the wisdom to make correct decisions.
- "They that are delivered from the noise of archers in the places of drawing water, there shall they rehearse the righteous acts of the Lord, even the righteous acts toward the inhabitants of His villages in Israel: then shall the people of the Lord go down to the gates." [Judges 5:11]
8. Sen. Hagan becomes latest Dem to back gay marriage - USA Today
Senator takes stand in North Carolina, where voters passed an amendment last year banning same-sex marriage.
Sen. Kay Hagan of North Carolina, who is up for re-election next year, became the latest Democrat on Wednesday to announce support for gay marriage.
Hagan's declaration came in an interview with the Raleigh News & Observer, followed by a post on her Facebook page. It also is in conflict with the view taken last year by North Carolina voters, who overwhelmingly passed an amendment to the state's constitution banning same-sex marriage.
Hagan joins her Democratic colleagues Claire McCaskill of Missouri, Mark Warner of Virginia and Jon Tester of Montana who this week issued statements in support of marriage equality. With Hagan's announcement there are now nine Democratic senators who oppose gay marriage.
- Father, we plead for Your mercy and forgiveness to be released over our nation. As this divisive sin continues to breed hatred and anger among the people, we ask for Divine intervention and grace. Let Your truth be known. Let us love the people but stand firmly against the sin.
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
Be exalted, O God -That Your beloved may be delivered, save with Your right hand, and answer me - Give us help from trouble - for vain is the help of man. (Psalm 108:6)
1. UN concerned Syria war spilling over into Golan Heights - Jerusalem Post
The UN Security Council voiced concern on Wednesday about repeated violations of the ceasefire line between Syria and the Golan Heights and the danger to UN peacekeepers there due to the escalating Syrian civil war.
2. IDF arrests five Hamas leaders in Hebron raid - Jerusalem Post
Security forces arrested five members of Hamas in Hebron overnight Wednesday.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you." (Psalm 5:11)
1. Human Rights Watch Demands End to Indonesian Church Demolitions - Jakarta Globe
Human Rights Watch on Tuesday called on President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to order local governments not to demolish houses of worship and also to revoke discriminatory regulations on religious structures.
On Thursday local authorities in Bekasi, just east of Jakarta, used an excavator to demolish the new red-brick structure of the Batak Protestant Christian Church (Huria Kristen Batak Protestan, or HKBP).
2. Libya Set to Free American Christian After More Than a Month in Jail - Fox News
An American and three fellow Christians who have been held in jail in Libya, for more than a month for allegedly spreading the gospel will be freed, according to Libyan officials.
The U.S. State Department confirmed the American man, who also holds Swedish citizenship, is being held in Benghazi and has been in contact with U.S. diplomats, but officials declined to identify him. Libyan officials have said all four Christians, who potentially faced the death penalty on the charges, will be freed and deported as a gesture of good will.
3. Persecution of Christian in Egypt Continues to Rise to Unprecedented Levels - Amnesty International
A rise in tensions between religious communities in the town of Wasta, about one hundred kilometres south of Cairo, in recent weeks highlights the failure of the Egyptian authorities to protect Egypt's Coptic Christians, the largest religious minority in the country.
Tensions were sparked in February when a local Muslim young woman was reported "missing" and members of her family and local Salafis - Sunni Muslims who advocate a return to what they consider to be Islam's fundamental principles as practiced by the first Muslims - blamed the Mar-Girgis Church, claiming they had influenced the woman to convert to Christianity - an allegation the Church denies.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Freedom of religion and free speech in jeopardy
The Supreme Court is taking up whether same sexes should be allowed to marry. No matter the decision, the citizenry is worked into a frenzy over this issue. Notwithstanding the consequences to society of destroying the institution of marriage that apparently few are considering, abolishing marriage over homosexuality has a far greater sinister impact. This administration is doing all it can to chip away at the Constitutional Bill of Rights by attempting to alter the right of gun ownership and the right to privacy. The golden ring, however, would be the First Amendment rights to freedom of religion, assembly and speech. Using homosexuality to abolish marriage will also weaken the First Amendment. Here's why.
The First Amendment reads: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Congress already has cracked the freedom of assembly guarantee with the February 2012 passage of public law 112-98 that prohibits entering "restricted grounds" where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting. This includes assembly at national events. In other words, the Secret Service has jurisdiction over where people may assemble.
The abolishing of marriage using homosexuality attacks the core of the First Amendment because all three major religions--Judaism, Christianity and Islam--see homosexuality as sin and abomination. Legitimizing homosexuality and forcing its acceptance through the most sacred of God-given acts to man--marriage--will cause those who follow the infallible and inerrant word of YHVH God to be at cross purposes of national or state law. The Supreme Court of Canada, for example, ruled that Biblical speech opposing homosexual behavior is a hate crime, "While the courts cannot be drawn into the business of attempting to authoritatively interpret sacred texts such as the Bible, those texts will typically have characteristics which cannot be ignored if they are to be properly assessed in relation to . . . the [Hate Crimes] Code."
By abolishing marriage for homosexuality, the US Supreme Court also cracks the protective armor of all American citizens--the First Amendment. Religious expression and free speech would fall victim to a protected class of people. This has been the goal of any and all enemies of the American Republic. Once the Constitutional rights are no longer valid, the nation is extremely vulnerable to tyrannic forces. The First Amendment is the linchpin of religious freedom and free speech. In history's continuum, millions have lost their lives in places where such guarantees were not in place. Paul wrote in Ephesians 6:19, "And for me, that utterance may be given unto me that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel." Who will you follow, God or man?
Have A Blessed And Powerful Day,
White House Hosts Seder
White House Hosts Seder
Obama To Impersonate Pharaoh at White House Seder
Two sources are reporting the details of this year's White House seder.
To read the article in Jewish Press, go here.
To read the article in the Huffington Post, go here.
Note: At last year's dinner, at the end of the Seder, after everyone raised a glass and said "Next year in Jerusalem," Obama "raised his glass and said 'Next year in the White House,'" one guest recalled.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
BRAND NEW PATRIOT SIMULATOR ARRIVES IN ISRAEL
A brand new training center for IDF operators of the Patriot missile and aircraft defense system was installed recently at the Air Defense Academy in the south of Israel. The state-of-the-art simulator will create a level of flexibility and frequency in training with the Patriot system for soldiers who until now have had to travel to the US to train on similar simulators there. The new training center includes some ten command posts, which simulate posts in the Patriot system's command and control center. The training center also includes a special instruction post, from which the different simulated incidents that operators must contend with are controlled. During simulations, operators must identify enemy targets and respond swiftly by intercepting hostile aircraft and missiles in Israeli airspace.
"We are anticipating that, in the future, the training center will enable connectivity with other training systems in the Air Force such as flight simulators," said Lt. Col. Gershon Zlotnik, Head of the Doctrine and Training Branch of the Air Defense Staff, adding that such connectivity could allow for a combat pilot and Patriot operator to train together.
The Air Defense Command is further expecting to acquire an advanced training center for the Arrow missile defense system in the near future, which is also scheduled to be installed at the Air Defense Academy. Israel's Air Defense Command has time and again proven itself as a vital pillar in protecting all of Israel against every type of aerial threat, including short-, medium- and long-range ballistic missiles.
Source (By Shir Aharon Bram, IAF Website, Israel Defense Forces, March 18, 2013) [Reported by BFP: Bridges for Peace] Read more.
- Thank God for the improved defense training in Israel. Pray for focus and wisdom for those that are working to protect the State.
- The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.(Proverbs 18:10)
Worship With Us!
Worship With Us!
Shalev Menashe Singing in Israeli talent show 2011 "music School"
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Again!
Worship With Us Again!
Deliver us - From the Prince of Egypt
In the Hebrew version of the song, you hear the Hebrews saying, "Hosheanu!" or "Deliver us!" to Elohim in Egypt. Years later, the Hebrews would again use the same word to Yeshua, as He came into Jerusalem, riding on a donkey. "Hosheanu!" "Deliver us!" Today we hear it as "Hosanna!", commonly thought to mean "Praise", but it is actually a heart's cry we still make as we come to the Lord, "Save us! Deliver us!"