• The Daily Brief
• The Middle East in Focus
• The Daily Jot (1)
• The Daily Jot (2)
• Statement on Supreme Court Decision
• More Bad News
• Al Qaeda Still Plotting
• Syria in the News
• The Good News Corner
• Worship with Us Today!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief - Monday, July 2, 2012
"But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer." (1 Peter 4:7)
The Daily Brief
1. East Coast: Power outages could last for days - Washington Times
More than 3 million people still had no electricity and could only watch their thermostats climb. It could be several days before all the power outages are restored.
- Father, we pray mercy and grace over the East Coast. We pray all needs are quickly met. During this time of a heat wave, may all power be restored decently and in order. Send refreshing cool weather during their time of need. We pray healing for all those injured during this storm.And Lord, we ask that You would dispatch Your angels to stand guard over all communication networks (telephone and internet) for every ministry in America that is serving Your Kingdom. In Jesus name.
- And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
2. Gov. Scott Says Fla. Won't Comply with Health Care Law - NBC Miami
Florida Gov. Rick Scott now says Florida will do nothing to comply with President Barack Obama's health care overhaul and will not expand its Medicaid program. The announcement is a marked changed after the governor recently said he would follow the law if it were upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Father, we turn the care of this healthcare crisis over to You. We repent of our sins as a nation, and we pray Your mercy and grace over the American people. Give us leaders who have our best interest at heart. May our President and Congress give us what they would want for themselves and their families. May they base their decisions as if they would have to participate. May we not be burdened with unnecessary taxes. In Jesus name.
- O LORD, I love the habitation of your house and the place where your glory dwells. Do not sweep my soul away with sinners, nor my life with bloodthirsty men, in whose hands are evil devices, and whose right hands are full of bribes. But as for me, I shall walk in my integrity; redeem me, and be gracious to me. My foot stands on level ground; in the great assembly I will bless the LORD. (Psalm 26:8-12)
3. Ballot issues arise after Rangel's apparent primary win - CNN
While Rep. Charles Rangel of New York celebrates a major primary victory this week - his toughest challenge in 42 years - the state is stepping in on ballot complaints that could wind up changing the results.
- Father, we pray all truth will be revealed in this ballot dispute. We pray against any dishonest tampering with the ballots. May all be resolved according to the law.
-The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out. (Proverbs 10:9)
4. Judge temporarily blocks Mississippi abortion law - USA Today
A federal judge on Sunday temporarily blocked enforcement of a Mississippi law that could shut down the only abortion clinic in the state.
- Father, we speak the Word of God over this situation. An abortion free state of Mississippi would undoubtedly be a miracle. We pray for a massive outreach by Bible believing Christians to those women seeking abortions. May these women turn their hearts to You - the Life Giver.
- For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb. I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! (Psalm 139:13,14)
5. Black mobs now beating Jews in New York - WorldNetDaily
"Anti-Jewish crime wave," read the June headline about a series of recent anti-Semitic attacks. "In the most disturbing incident, a mob of six black teenagers shouting, 'Dirty Jew!' and 'Dirty kike!' repeatedly bashed Marc Heinberg, 61, as he walked home from temple in Sheepshead Bay. (Read more)
- Father God, we are horrified to read headlines like this, from anywhere in the world, but especially in our own country! May the perpetrators of this crime be brought to swift justice, and may others of the same mindset take heed. Never again!
- "The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them; but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming." (Psalm 37:12,13)
6. Saudi Arabia reopens oil pipeline with Iraq to counter Iran Hormuz threat - Al Arabiya
Saudi Arabia has reopened an old oil pipeline built by Iraq on Thursday to bypass Gulf shipping lanes, giving Riyadh scope to export more of its crude from Red Sea terminals in case Iran tries to block the Strait of Hormuz, industry sources told Reuters.
- Father, we thank You for this answer to prayer. Holy God, you always make a way for Your people. We ask a special blessing today upon the nation of Saudi Arabia for their actions. May many on the Arab Peninsula now find Christ as their Savior and their Lord, as the winds of the Holy Spirit sweep across that arid land. In Your Name, amen.
- "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." (Isaiah 43:19)
7. "Washington, D.C. -- No Light in Sight" - The Drudge Report
To see a stunning photo of the condition of the national mall in the wake of Friday's storm, go here. The D.C. region is in full storm- recovery mode as the fourth day of mass power outages approaches.
Federal agencies will open on Tuesday and employees have the option for unscheduled leave or unscheduled telework, says the Office of Personnel Management. Read more.
- Father, we pray that Your Light will shine in the darkness of Washington, D.C. Cause many to be drawn to You in this time of distress, and comfort them in their affliction. And may Your remnant Bride shine brightly in this dark place, as we stand in repentance for our land and for our individual sins. Help us find our way back to You, O Lord. We ask this prayer, in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you." (Isaiah 60:1,2)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High. God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved . . ." (Psalm 46:4,5)
1. Netanyahu envoy held secret meetings in Cairo - Times of Israel
Israeli prime ministerial envoy Yitzhak Molcho met last week with top military and intelligence officials in Cairo, ushering in the era of Egypt's new Islamist president with hopes that the peace accords between the two countries will remain solid, according to Maariv.
2. Threatening Israel, Iran announces drill Monday to test missiles and new 'radar-buster' - Times of Israel
Iran announced Sunday that it will test-fire long-range missiles during a three-day missile exercise from Monday.
3. Iran threatens Israel; new EU sanctions take force - Reuters
Iran announced missile tests on Sunday and threatened to wipe Israel "off the face of the earth" if the Jewish state attacked it, brandishing some of its starkest threats on the day Europe began enforcing an oil embargo and harsh new sanctions.
4. Mofaz: We won't stay in the government at any cost - Ynet News
Kadima Chairman Shaul Mofaz says Kadima won't stay in the government "at any cost," according to his associates. "We joined this government for very specific reasons, with the Tal Law the prime among them," they said.
5. Officials: PM involved in cancellation of Abbas-Mofaz meeting - Ynet News
Government sources on Saturday accused Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of playing a role in the cancellation of a high-profile meeting between Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli Vice Prime Minister Shaul Mofaz, Ynet reported.
6. PLO wants UNSC to meet on settlements - Ynet News
The Palestine Liberation Organization called on Saturday for an emergency UN Security Council meeting on Israel's policy of building Jewish settlements in the West Bank.
7. Nativity Church: 1st World Heritage Site under 'Palestine' - Jerusalem Post
PA achieves victory in pursuit of unilateral statehood, as UNESCO lists Bethlehem site under name of Palestine after 13 to 6 vote, 2 abstentions.
8. FORMER PRIME MINISTER YITZCHAK SHAMIR PASSES AWAY - Arutz 7
Yitzchak Shamir, Israel's seventh Prime Minister, has passed away at the age of 96. Born in 1915 in Belarus, Shamir passed away on Shabbat. His funeral is expected to take place on Monday. In a statement, PM Binyamin Netanyahi said Shamir was "a member of the generation of giants that established the State of Israel and fought for the freedom of the Jewish people in its land. As Prime Minister, Yitzchak Shamir acted to ensure the security of the State of Israel and its future, and was a sterling example of faithfulness to the future of the Jewish people."
- We join with the many in Israel and around the world who are now mourning the passing of this very fine man and former leader of Zion. May each one feel the comfort of Messiah's presence. Amen.
- " . . . mourn with those who mourn." (Romans 12:15)
The Daily Jot (1)
A Week of Infamy: lawlessness abounds
Friday, June 29, 2012
Americans have just experienced an incredible week of historic events. Founded on the principle that government was instituted to protect the inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, this week was an amazing display of how government, if not limited by the people who empower it, can become an all powerful leviathan. The very rights the government is instituted to protect are those which the government is taking from the American people and putting in the lockdown of elected and appointed tyrants. Perhaps they do not think of themselves as such, but their actions speak louder than their words.
We have a non-elected Supreme Court trampling all over liberty and an elected presidency refusing to enforce the law. The Supreme Court ruled that your right to life--the very stewardship of your life in all of its sustainable aspects--can be taken over by the government and it is the government's Constitutional prerogative to tax you for this privilege. Now the American people are going to have to act. If they do not want the government making life decisions for them, they are going to have to exercise their opinion at the ballot box and hope upon hope that the men and women elected to Congress will hear them. A president will have to be removed in order for any congressional measure to survive a veto.
The Executive Branch refuses to enforce the law--and arrogantly so. One glaring example is the Defense of Marriage Act. Another is immigration laws where the man who occupies the Oval Office issued an Executive Order for illegal alien amnesty. The Administration told Arizona that it would not enforce the portion of the law that the Supreme Court ruled Constitutional.
Congress this week voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt for not cooperating on a gun running scheme the Administration was involved in with Mexican drug cartels. Pay it no mind. The Justice department already has said that it will not prosecute Holder even if Congress demands it--the US Attorney works for Holder.
This week's events are a crowning moment for democracy. In democracy, might makes right--the majority, those in power, make their own laws. In democracy, lawlessness abounds. A Constitutional Republic, which is what America is founded upon, requires a representative government to abide by and enforce the law. Yeshua said in Matthew 24:12, "And because lawlessness shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." In this, the laws of YHVH are not followed resulting in love growing cold. When the laws of YHVH are not followed, no longer is society safe, the general welfare goes unprotected. The Founders interwove the laws of YHVH in writing the Constitution. It is not only not followed nor enforced, it is being dismantled. If We the People allow this to continue, your rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness will become enslaved to tyrants and be like chains around your neck.
Have A Blessed And Powerful Day,
The Daily Jot (2)
Protecting "rights" by taking them away
In an appearance on FOX News, the Wall Street Journal's Chief Economist Stephen Moore said that nearly 75% of the socialized health care costs will fall on the backs of Americans making less than $120,000 a year. The last I looked, that is most of us. He said, "Its a big punch in the stomach to middle class families." Because the health care tax, that the White House is now saying is a penalty for "freeloaders" not buying health insurance, gradually increases, it will cost non-participating Americans over $2,000 a year beginning in 2016. That's for people who do not have health insurance. For those that have health insurance, Moore says the health insurance premium will increase about $300 a year per person.
The way this is sold to the public is that everyone will have affordable health care. It is a bold faced lie. It would seem that the overall objective of socialized health care is to bring the middle and lower class under complete control of an overbearing government, replacing entrepreneurship, individual achievement, independent decision making, even faith with government. This is the very type of rule that the Founding Fathers of this nation fought, bled, died, and rebelled against. This is the greatest wealth redistribution scheme since Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal. Socialized health care, as it stands now, will break the backs of the nation's most productive and patriotic people group--the middle class.
The Declaration of Independence says: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
Thomas Jefferson wrote in his translation of Destutt de Tracy's Treatise on Political Economy, "To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, & the fruits acquired by it." This is all about wealth redistribution disguised as health care. As Yeshua said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." The government instituted to protect our rights is taking them away by declaring affordable health care a "right." And according to the Declaration, what should We the People do about it? Something to think about...
Have A Blessed And Powerful Day,
Statement on Supreme Court Decision
What to Make of Yesterday's Shocking Supreme Court Ruling
Released by the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation
(Posted on Friday, June 29, 2012)
Along with Americans across the nation I watched the Supreme Court's jaw-dropping report on the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act.
Most of us will understandably focus on the political dimensions of today's decision. But Christians cannot afford to lose sight of the fact that God is sovereign and rules in the affairs of men. God is still in control, He is still on the throne. The battle continues. In all things give thanks. We cannot despair or worry. God is stirring the hearts of millions of His people across this nation to pray, and He has assured us in His Word that He hears and is answering our prayers.
Regardless of how we feel individually about the Supreme Court's ruling, this decision by the Court leaves intact the grave violations of religious freedom that were set in motion by this unprecedented Healthcare Mandate.
The HHS anti-conscience mandate is a completely separate rule from the individual mandate, and its constitutionality was not considered by the Supreme Court in the cases decided yesterday.
Twenty-three federal lawsuits against the Health and Human Services (HHS) mandate--which goes into effect on August 1--now take on added urgency.
The Becket Fund made this comment about this unprecedented healthcare mandate,
"Never in history has there been a mandate forcing individuals to violate their deeply held religious beliefs or pay a severe fine, a fine which could force many homeless shelters, charities, and religious institutions to shut their doors."
They are not alone. Those engaging in the battle for religious liberty, our "first freedom," will continue:
- "Fortnight for Freedom" (June 21-July 4) to speak out on the importance of defending our "first freedom."
- IRFA:Protest Letter Challenging Two-Class Religious Scheme
- A profile of some of the organizations challenging the HHS mandate
- Religious liberty is not optional, by Archbishop William Lori (Washington Post)
As the Heritage Foundation has aptly stated,
"The HHS mandate signals the damage to religious liberty and other freedoms that Americans will experience as the teeth of the law sink deeply into our society in the coming months and years. It is only an early warning sign of how one-size-fits-all health care requirements will trample on religious liberty as well as individual liberty."
The American Religious Freedom Program reports, at the recent National Religious Freedom Conference in Washington, D.C., almost 400 leaders from multiple faith communities came together to announce that they are working to oppose today's unprecedented threats to religious freedom, including the threats now emanating from the highest levels of the U.S. government.
We encourage you to stay engaged, pray without ceasing, and take action. Continue to pray and unite with those who are committed to preserving our religious liberties. You are the key to remaining a free republic, you have a choice in who leads our nation. Choose leaders who fear God and believe His Word.
We will continue to do our part to protect religious liberty for all Americans. We know our hope is not in government, but in the God who gave us this great nation and such unalienable rights. It is, "In God We Trust!"
Go to www.CPCFoundation.com to learn more or get involved.
The Economy: More Bad News
The economy continues to suffer during Obama's so-called "recovery." This morning the Institute for Supply Management reported that its index of manufacturing activity fell nearly four points to 49.7. A reading below 50 indicates a contraction in activity. That also marks the lowest reading in three years. Once again, the experts were stumped. Economists had been expecting an increase in the manufacturing index.
But there was even more bad news. The index for new orders fell more than 12 points, which, according to the Associated Press, represented the biggest drop "in more than a decade." One economist noted that June's decline in the new orders index was nearly identical to the drop recorded in October 2001 -- right after the 9/11 attacks -- and was the second largest decline since December 1980.
Clearly Obamanomics is not working. And the struggling economy is going to take another hit if the massive ObamaCare tax is not repealed by a new president and a conservative Congress in 2013.
Al Qaeda Still Plotting
British intelligence officials are warning of a new Al Qaeda plot to bomb passenger jets around the time of the London Olympics, which begins at the end of the month. The plot's timing appears to be coincidental. One official stressed, "There is terrorist plotting going on irrespective of the Olympics. The only thing that connects this to the Olympics is the fact that they are about to happen."
One unique aspect of the plot is that the alleged bomber is believed to be a Norwegian convert to Islam with no prior criminal record. The individual reportedly converted in 2008, became radicalized and moved to Yemen.
In the past three years, Al Qaeda in Yemen has attempted three airplane bombings, including the failed 2009 Christmas Day underwear bombing. Two months ago, another plot was foiled when a CIA informant turned over a new underwear bomb. (Gary Bauer)
Syria in the News
Reported by: Jerusalem-On-The-Line
July 1, 2012
Barry and Batya Segal (Prayer Requests Included)
1. IDF BOLSTERING DEFENSES ALONG SYRIAN BORDER
The IDF is bolstering defenses along the Syrian border due to concern that terrorist groups are planning a cross-border attack in the Golan Heights, Brig.-General, Tamir Hyman, said Thursday. "Our assumption is a terror attack or a war can happen without warning." He continued that Israel's military was presently preparing accordingly. Israel's concerns when it comes to Syria include the option that the country's advanced weaponry - like Scud missiles and chemical weapons - will fall into rogue hands as well as the possibility that Global Jihad elements operating in the country will try to attack Israel along the border. "The government's loss of control and the instability is a convenient area of operations for Global Jihad elements in Syria," Hyman said. The IDF is also bracing for the possibility that large numbers of Syrian citizens will rush the border to try and flee the Syrian military's violent crackdown. The IDF has readied a number of areas along the border where it plans to contain the civilians in such a case and protect them from Syrian military forces if needed. (Jerusalem Post)
- Pray for the security of Israel's borders, especially those at the southern and northern edges of the country. Communities in these are areas are most at risk from projectiles launched by terrorist groups and violence resulting from political upheavals in Syria.
2. SYRIAN TANKS GATHER ON TURKISH BORDER
The Syrian army has gathered roughly 170 tanks near the Turkish border. Syrian insurgents told international media on Friday that forces are gathering north of Aleppo. "They're either preparing to move to the border to counter the Turkish deployment or attack the rebellious Syrian towns and villages in and around the border zone north of Aleppo," General Mustafa al-Sheikh told news sources. Al-Sheikh is head of the Higher Military Council, a group of senior officers who defected from the Syrian army. On Tuesday, Turkish media reported that Turkey had deployed a large number of military vehicles to its border with Syria. The move followed Syria's shooting of a Turkish jet in international airspace last week. (Reuters)
- Pray Syrian aggression and upheavals will not spill into neighboring nations touching off a major war in the region. Syria is a boiling pot!
3. ISRAEL CONVINCES RUSSIA TO CANCEL SYRIAN S-300 DEAL
Israel likely played a major role in influencing Russia to cancel its planned sale of the S-300 surface-to-air missile system to Syria. The decision to revoke the deal was likely an outcome of President's Vladimir Putin's visit to Israel last Monday, during which PM Benjamin Netanyahu and President Shimon Peres discussed events in Syrian at great length with the Russian President. "Putin listened perfectly to what we said," Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak told Army Radio, asserting the 100-million dollar deal's suspension was the outcome of talks between Russian and Israeli officials. The S-300 is one of the most advanced multi-target anti aircraft missile systems in the world, with an ability to track up to 100 targets simultaneously while engaging up to 12 at the same time. (INN)
The Good News Corner
Prophetic Day in Cuba: 10,000 Attend First Open-Air Evangelistic Meeting
in Island's History
(Hoffman Estates, IL)-On June 15th, Bright Hope's church partners in Cuba held their first outdoor evangelistic meeting in recent history with 10,000 people reported in attendance.
Crowds from the city of Santa Lucia located in the district of Rafael Freyre in the Holguín Province of Cuba overflowed the large public square. The sky turned black, clouds started to roll in and lightning hit the ground as the event was about to begin. Spectators opened their umbrellas to prepare for the storm, but Believers started to raise their hands to the sky in worship.
One Christian replied, "Our God isn't going to let this storm happen; it's been a long time we have waited for this revival." His prayer was answered and the storm passed. The local pastor's wife, Mariza Proenza, said, "The hand of God covered the city!"
Methodist Church leader, Bishop Ricardo Pereira, began his sermon by saying, "Today is a prophetic day in this nation. In the same place Christopher Columbus announced that this was the most beautiful land human eyes had seen, now we speak upon the same land-but this time, in the true freedom of Christ. What you have seen today is as if the heavens opened to declare that Jesus is the Son of God, with whom He is pleased."
When the Bishop made the call to the crowd to receive Jesus as their Savior, a sea of hands were raised as they desired to give their hearts to the King.
"A revival is taking place in the country of Cuba. We are seeing spiritual fruit born from a dry, thirsty land. It is only the hand of God who can cause such a response. The prayers and contributions from Christians across the U.S. have made such events increasingly possible. More evangelistic meals and outdoor meetings are planned," said C.H. Dyer, Bright Hope President/CEO.
Source: Bright Hope Church/Christian Newswire (Read more)
[Reported by: Breaking Christian News]
Worship with Us Today!
America's National Anthem