CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Tuesday, June 1, 2016
Breaking! United Methodist Church Backs Off Abortion (Read more here)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, June 1, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"I cried out to God for help;
I cried out to God to hear me.
When I was in distress, I sought the Lord;
at night I stretched out untiring hands . . ."
Tomorrow -- introducing 30 days of prayer for the Supreme Court.
See below, or go here for details. Thank you.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Cabinet unanimously okays Liberman as defense minister- Times of Israel
The government unanimously gave the go-ahead for Avigdor Liberman to become defense minister Monday morning as a deal to bring his five-seat Yisrael Beytenu faction into the coalition moved forward.
Party member Sofa Landver was also voted in as immigrant absorption minister, and Likud member Tzachi Hanegbi was made minister without portfolio, according to a message from the Prime Minister's Office.
The three are set to be sworn in as ministers on Monday afternoon once the Knesset, too, approves the move. (Read more)
2. Thousands of Israelis to simulate evacuation in preparation for war - Israel Hayom
Although it is hard to predict what the next war or fight will look like (if they occur), defense establishment officials appear to be sure of one thing: The missile threat is expected to figure prominently in any scenario.
The seriousness of the threat is evidenced by next week's National Emergency Week drill, during which the defense establishment will drill the evacuation of tens of thousands of civilians from their homes.
Within the framework of the nationwide drill, a wide range of emergency units throughout the country will hold a series of meetings and idea sessions to enhance the homefront's readiness for an emergency. (Read more)
3. Coalition crisis over as Netanyahu and Bennett reach compromise -Jerusalem Post
A looming coalition crisis, which threatened to thwart Yisrael Beytenu's entry into the government and potentially result in a national election, was averted late Sunday night, paving the way for Avigdor Liberman to become defense minister.
Bayit Yehudi leader Naftali Bennett announced over social media that he and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had come to an understanding over how the security cabinet operates.
Bennett had been demanding that a military secretary regularly brief the security cabinet, which consists of senior MKs including the Bayit Yehudi leader. Until the change, Netanyahu and the defense minister could in principal control the information flow from the military and security services to the remaining members, ultimately influencing the decisions of the cabinet. (Read more)
4. Israeli Ex-Generals Push 'Security First' Plan for West Bank, Gaza - Defense News
TEL AVIV, Israel - Fed up with security-sapping paralysis at home and fearful of diplomatic fallout abroad, a group of ex-generals here is pushing its own initiative to break through the deadlock blocking prospects for an eventual two-state solution for Israel and Palestine.
On Sunday, Commanders for Israel's Security (CIS), a group of more than 200 retired generals from the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), Mossad and Shin Bet, delivered to government ministers, deputy ministers and lawmakers its "Security First" plan for improving Israel's security situation and international standing.
Recognizing that military force alone will not solve Israel's security problems with Palestinians in the West Bank or in Gaza, the plan prescribes a combination of security, civil and economic measures aimed at keeping the promise of a two-state solution alive and encouraging Israel's integration into a regional arrangement with pragmatic Arab Sunni states. (Read more)
5. Netanyahu calls 'unprecedented' police statement against wife 'baseless' - Jerusalem Post
Police have found evidence of criminal wrongdoing on the part of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's wife Sara Netanyahu, regarding the use of state funds in the management of the Prime Minister's residence.
The revelation on Sunday - confirmed by a police official who spoke to the Jerusalem Post - means that prosecutors could potentially indict Netanyahu on criminal charges based on the findings of the police investigation. Police have handed the investigative findings to Jerusalem district prosecutors, who will decide how to proceed. (Read more)
6. Insight for Intercessors Weekly Report
To read this prayer alert, please go here.
7. Hebrew Nation News Weekly Update
To read this prayer alert, please go here.
8. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Update
To read this prayer alert, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. United Methodist Church Backs Off Abortion - TownHall.com
The United Methodist Church has done a 180 on abortion. After years of supporting the Roe v. Wade decision, the church voted at its General Conference to split ties with the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice, as well as to repeal a resolution that supported a woman's right to an abortion at any point of her pregnancy.
Delegates meeting in Portland, Ore., voted 445-310 to repeal their 40-year-old resolution supporting Roe vs. Wade, and 425-268 to withdraw from the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice, whose pro-choice stance extends to late-term and sex-selective abortions.
The votes came in the quadrennial session in which delegates sidestepped controversy over the denomination's bans on ordaining GLBT clergy and officiating at same-sex weddings by establishing a committee to consider the issues.
Wow. That's certainly a step in the right direction from one of the last remaining churches to endorse abortion. Let's hope that this vote sparks conversations to change the hearts and minds of members towards embracing life. (Read more here)
- Father, we cannot offer enough praise for this decision on abortion! We pray You would bless our brothers and sisters in the United Methodist Church for honoring life, according to the promise of Your Word.
- " . . . I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days . . ." (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)
-- Lord God, there is yet one critical decision to be made by the UMC, and that is to establish a policy to ban ordaining LGBT clergy and officiating at same-sex weddings. Father God, as this denomination continues to weigh the remaining LBGT decision by establishing a committee to consider these issues, we ask that You would remove the veil from their eyes to see that any of the homosexual lifestyles are indeed named as "sin" in Your Word. We ask that You give each member no rest until he or she comes to the solid conclusion, based upon Your Word, that these bans must indeed be imposed upon their clergy. We ask this in Jesus precious Name, Amen.
-- "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men . . ." (I Corinthians 6:9)
2. Obamas to rent 9-bedroom house in quiet neighborhood in northwest DC - CBS News
The Obamas have selected a nine-bedroom mansion to move into after they leave the White House next January.
Situated in the quiet Kalorama neighborhood in the northwest quadrant of Washington, D.C., the house has nine bedrooms, with eight and a half bathrooms including an "au pair suite." It's about 8,200 square feet, with a large backyard and patio, a two-car garage and a gated courtyard for eight to ten vehicles.
While the White House has not commented on the report, Mr. Obama has said he and first lady Michelle Obama plan to stay in D.C. for a few more years until Sasha graduates from Sidwell Friends School. (Read more)
- Father God, only You know the plans You have in store for Mr. Obama after he leaves office in January, but we understand that he also has an eye now upon the United Nations and would seek to play an active role in that global body. We continue to commend the entire Obama family to You with prayers for their protection, and we thank You that You know the way ahead for him and for his household. In Your name, amen.
- "The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
3. 8 More Members of Congress Support Brotherhood Bill - Clarion Project
Eight more members of Congress have signed onto the Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Designation Act, two Senators and six representatives. Twenty members have come onboard since the Clarion Project letter campaign was launched, raising the number of supporters to 76. Over 75 members of Congress are cosponsoring the bill or have voted in its favor. It now has bipartisan support and has passed the House Judiciary Committee. Four organizations representing persecuted Christians are also pushing for the bill. A prominent Kurdish activist is also rooting the effort on.
The two new Senators supporting the bill are Jerry Moran (R-KS) and James Inhofe (R-OK). The six new cosponsors from the House of Representatives are Doug Lamborn (R-CO), Mick Mulvaney (R-SC), Austin Scott (R-GA), Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), Kevin Cramer (R-ND) and Dennis A. Ross (R-FL). The next steps are for the bill to come to a vote in the House of Representatives and to be approved by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, where it is currently stalled. Go here to see a list of members of Congress who have endorsed the legislation, those who have declared opposition to it and those on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee who have yet to take a position.
Regardless of whether it passes or not, the legislation is an unprecedented opportunity to educate congressmen about the Muslim Brotherhood's involvement in terrorism. The legislation also outlines how the Brotherhood is linked to the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) and the North American Islamic Trust (NAIT).
If passed, the bill would state that Congress believes that the Muslim Brotherhood meets the criteria of a Foreign Terrorist Organization under section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1189). It then gives the Secretary of State a period of 60 days to provide a detailed report explaining whether the Brotherhood meets the standard for Foreign Terrorist Organization designation and why. The legislation contains a mountain of evidence in support of designation. (Read more)
- Father, You know everything about the Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Designation Act. Whether it passes or not let Your will be done. Educate our congressman that don't know You so their actions will reflect Your thoughts and Your ways. Give them new eyes to see, new ears to hear and a new voice to speak. Encourage the congressman who believe in You to stand strong and magnify Your name in all of their decisions. We ask these things in Your name. Thank You for hearing our prayers. We love You. Amen
- "Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night." (Psalm 1:2)
4. Border Sheriff Warns About Cartel Gunmen Hunting for Rivals in U.S. - Breitbart
An Arizona border sheriff is warning his residents to take extra precautions in the coming days after intelligence reports point to Mexican cartel gunmen crossing into the United States to hunt down their rivals. Known as sicarios, the dangerous professional cartel assassins have previously crossed into the U.S. and are expected to cross to hunt down rival "rip crews" or groups who steal drugs from the cartels.
On Monday, Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu issued a warning to campers,hikers, mountain bikers and all terrain vehicle riders who frequent the wilderness areas of his county to be extremely cautious and to consider carrying a firearm for their safety. "Recent intelligence reports say Mexican drug cartels have hired armed groups of men to guard drug loads traveling from the U.S.-Mexico Border to the Phoenix area, a significant part of those routes running through Pinal County " the information provided to Breitbart Texas by the Pinal County Sheriff's Office revealed.
The job of the sicarios is to hunt down and target "rip crews" which are described as groups of gunmen that roam U.S. border areas looking to ambush and steal loads being carried by cartel drug smugglers. (Read more)
- Lord Jesus, the Arizona Border sheriff's warning to citizens and visitors to his state are alarming. Lord, these are evil people fighting evil people. Protect the Border Patrol and all law enforcement who are doing their jobs to keep people safe and follow the laws of our land. Let all things hidden be revealed and the evil and unlawful plans be brought to light and be sent back to the enemies. Our prayer is for the salvation of the cartel but if they choose otherwise, bring them down to be done with as You see fit. In the name of our Lord, Jesus. Amen.
- "I said to the Lord: "You are my God; Hear the voice of my supplications, O Lord. O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle. Do not grant, O Lord, the desires of the wicked; Do not further his wicked scheme, Lest they be exalted." (Psalm 140: 6-8)
5. State Dept. Official: 'No Excuse for Governments to Not Enforce Effective Border Controls' - CNSNews.com (Wed., May 25, 2016)
The U.S. State Department's Acting Coordinator for Counterterrorism, Justin Siberell, told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee in a written statement today that "[t]here is no excuse for governments to not enforce effective border controls. There is no greater priority than keeping America safe from the threat of terrorism," Siberell told the committee at a hearing on "Protecting America from the Threat of ISIS."
In his written statement and spoken testimony, Siberell cited the importance of border security in foreign nations to stopping the flow of terrorists. "When terrorists attempt to cross an international border, they open themselves up to the risk of apprehension," Siberell said in his written statement. "There is no excuse for governments to not enforce effective border controls; many of our partners are attuned to this challenge and are eager for U.S. advice and engagement to improve their own systems." (Read more)
- Abba Father, bless Justin Siberell for speaking and writing the truth to the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. He said "there is no excuse for governments to not enforce effective border controls." Let this committee heed Mr. Siberell's words and take proper action to protect America. Jesus, Your eyes are on our nation. We ask for Your guidance for this committee as they make decisions. As other nations are observing what the U.S. does in this matter let Your glory shine and You be honored. You are our God and You are our protector. Praise You, Almighty God, for being the great I AM. In Your name, amen.
- "You shall not be terrified of them; for the Lord you God, the great and awesome God, is among you." (Deuteronomy 7:21)
6. Protect your kids from tyrant Obama - WND (Written by Dr. James Dobson)
I grew up respecting the authority and dignity of the nation's presidents. Each of them was tasked to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and to protect our rights as citizens. That is what I was taught. My fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Harris, described for us the three branches of government, and how each division has the authority to restrain the other two according to a principle known as "checks and balances." It made America unique among nations. But, with the complete refusal of the U.S. Congress to restrain the presidency or to curtail a runaway judiciary that is itself drunk with power, "we the people" are victimized by those who steal our freedom. Our Founding Fathers would be shocked to learn how the safeguards on our freedom have been abandoned.
My friend Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council recently said he is often asked, "Why is the Obama administration trying to mainstream 'transgenderism' and force schools to accommodate students who want to use the bathrooms and locker rooms of the opposite sex?" Tony's answer gets to the heart of the motive: "It's all part of a radical movement trying to destroy the fact that God created man and woman - and that somehow people can choose what gender they want to be. The ultimate goal is to break down all sexual inhibition and morality - a goal that would result in social chaos." (Read more)
- Thank You, Father God, for this Godly man and his stand for Your moral standards! May the men of our nation take action accordingly to protect women and children, in Jesus Name, Amen.
- ". . . I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity." (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
7. Bible verse prompts GOP walkout after LGBT vote labeled a sin - The Hill
A House conservative went after dozens of fellow Republicans on Thursday with suggestions that they'd sinned for backing an anti-discrimination proposal against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people.
Rep. Rick Allen, a Georgia freshman, launched the GOP's regular policy meeting in the Capitol basement by reading a Bible passage condemning homosexuality and suggesting that supporters of the LGBT provision, which passed the House the night before, were defying Christian tenets, attendees said. Several Republicans walked out of the room in disgust.
Allen's office did not respond to a request for comment Thursday. A spokeswoman for House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) declined to comment.
The LGBT language has been a thorn in the side of Republican leaders this month as they've tried to move through a series of government spending bills. Sponsored by Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (D-N.Y.), the provision stipulates that nothing in the underlying spending bills can undermine President Obama's executive order barring discrimination by government contractors based on sexual orientation or gender identity. (Read more)
- Adonai, we are grateful that Your Word was honored by Congressman Allen. We pray for those who desire to hold up Your standards to stand strong against political compromise, and we repent on behalf of those members who walked out of the room that day in apparent anger. Father God, please forgive each one, for he knows not what he does, and cause their hearts to be turned to You in repentance. We ask this prayer in Jesus Name, Amen.
- "When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59.19)
8. Obama Administration and UN Announce Global Police Force to Fight 'Extremism' In U.S. - Breitbart
On Wednesday, May 25, Attorney General Loretta Lynch announced at the United Nations that her office would be working in several American cities to form what she called the Strong Cities Network (SCN), a law enforcement initiative that would encompass the globe. This amounts to nothing less than the overriding of American laws, up to and including the United States Constitution, in favor of United Nations laws that would henceforth be implemented in the United States itself - without any consultation of Congress at all.
The United Nations is a sharia-compliant world body, and Obama, speaking there just days ago, insisted that "violent extremism" is not exclusive to Islam (which it is). Obama is redefining jihad terror to include everyone but the jihadists. So will the UN, driven largely by the sharia-enforcing Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and the pro-Islamic post-American President Obama, use a "global police force" to crush counter-jihad forces?
After all, with Obama knowingly aiding al-Qaeda forces in Syria, how likely is it that he will use his "global police force" against actual Islamic jihadists? I suspect that instead, this global police force will be used to impose the blasphemy laws under the sharia (Islamic law), and to silence all criticism of Islam for the President who proclaimed that "the future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." (Read more)
- Father, we are very troubled by actions and commitments our nation makes that are unconstitutional - treaties require approval of the Senate. We pray for constitutional reform throughout our government, limiting the influence of the United Nations and protecting liberty for all citizens. We pray those who are in authority to enforce our laws would also obey them, in Jesus Name, Amen.
- "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when a wicked man rules, the people groan." (Proverbs 29:2)
9. King of Jordan dissolves parliament, appoints new PM - Times of Israel
Jordan's King Abdullah II issued a decree on Sunday dissolving the parliament, and appointed a new prime minister to ready the country for new elections.
The announcement came at the end of the parliament's four-year term.
The decision ended the term of prime minister Abdullah Ensour, who resigned Sunday, as is traditional before a new premier can be chosen to oversee elections. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for Jordan's King Abdullah II and his reign in his nation. We praise You, O Lord, knowing that the nation of Jordan has traditionally been a friend to Israel. According to the promise of Genesis 12:3, we ask that this blessing now be bestowed upon that land as the king has made this new decree. We ask this in Your Name, Abba, amen and amen.
- "First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority . . ." (I Timothy 2:1,2)
"I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (Genesis 12:3)
10. Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile launch - Reuters
Japan put its military on alert on Monday for a possible North Korean ballistic missile firing, while South Korea also said it had detected evidence of launch preparations, officials from Japan and South Korea said.
Tension in the region has been high since North Korea conducted its fourth nuclear test in January and followed that with a satellite launch and test launches of various missiles.
Japan ordered naval destroyers and Patriot anti-ballistic missile batteries to be ready to shoot down any projectile heading for the country, state broadcaster NHK said. A Japanese official, who declined to be identified as he is not authorized to speak to the media, confirmed the order. A spokesmen for Japan's defense ministry declined to comment. (Read more)
- Father God, we realize it is just a matter of time before the threats of North Korea become a reality for our allies, Japan and South Korea. We pray for the leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-un, that he would have a transformative experience with You Lord. Reveal Yourself to him and redeem the precious people of North Korea, in the wonderful Name of Jesus, Amen.
- "Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me." (Psalm 86:17)
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Justifying a police state
To most Americans it seems to take a suspension of disbelief to see that the United States government is leading to, or even has become, a police state where individual freedom is subservient to the whims of legal interpretations and overreaching regulations. From red light cameras to automated speed cameras to police drones to the ability to assassinate American citizens if they are suspected terrorists, we live in an age of Constitutional deconstruction where the meanings of words are twisted to fit a population control agenda and laws are written that disregard the very freedoms that our government was established to protect. Where does it end?
Many Christians have difficulty conceiving of how a beast government could rise to power and require everyone to take it's mark to be able to buy and sell. Yet, right here in America, we are giving up rights on a daily basis to a government that has sold us a bill of goods that this is necessary to protect us from Islamic terrorists--Oh, I'm sorry--check that--I should say "radical extremists" because we are not supposed to be in need of protection from the peaceful religion of Islam. While Islam is a dire threat to the freedom of everyone on earth, it also serves as a wonderful Trojan Horse to justify and establish government control over every aspect of our "free" lives.
The government can view our naked bodies before we can fly on a plane. The government has technology to drive by our houses and detect where we are holding weapons. The government, or any other entity that has Google, can view our activities on our very property. The government can freeze our assets if we do not agree with which brand of Islamist terrorists it is supporting in Syria, Iran or Yemen--its a national emergency you know. Islam has given the government justification to intrude into almost every aspect of our lives. And once that foundation is laid, it's an easy step to crack down on your religion, your personal protection, your speech, even the products you buy (i.e. New York and soda).
Our Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms have made it possible for us to share the gospel and expand the kingdom of the one true God both at home and throughout the world. But when the government uses an entity such as Islam to dictate our very freedoms, it won't be long until the words of Jesus in Matthew 24:9 take hold: "Ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake." Galatians 5:1 says, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith the Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." I believe this is both spiritual and physical. Question is: are we standing fast or losing our standing fast?
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Paul Ryan on Prayer
Paul Ryan: 'Prayer Has Sustained Me'
House Speaker Paul Ryan told graduates of Carthage College in Kenosha, Wis., last week that prayer has sustained him through "many difficult moments in my life."
"Prayer has sustained me. It has sustained me in many difficult moments in my life. I think it's going to do the same for you, because as you get older, you will realize that life, it actually does follow a plan. It just may not be your plan - it's God's plan," said Ryan, who lost his father when he was a child.
"And coming to accept that fundamental fact - not coming to accept that fundamental fact begrudgingly, but peacefully - that is the essence of faith," he said in a May 22 commencement speech.
Ryan advised believers to go to church and not let if "fall by the wayside."
"If you're a believer, keep going to church. Don't let that fall by the wayside. I know that might sound a little preachy. It might sound even a little cheesy. You don't have to make a big show of it. Just go," Ryan said.
"People are going to hound you about the plan, the plan, the plan. What is the plan? Do you have a job? Are you going to graduate school? Where do you see yourself in 20 years?" he said.
"It will seem like no one cares about what you do so much as where you end up, and you will start to wonder whether you shouldn't care either, but beware. Careerism in the wrong way is cynicism in perpetual motion, and before donor services drag me off the stage, let me clarify what I'm saying here," Ryan said.
"I am not telling you to reject that job offer and move into your parents' basement. What I am saying is, wherever you end up, the work itself is the reward. Treat it that way, because the truth is, life can put your best laid plans through the paper shredder," he said.
"You may never get that dream job, or if you do get that dream job, it may turn out to be a nightmare, but maybe you are meant to do something else. What seems to you like catastrophe could end up becoming opportunity. Don't be so quick to dismiss that opportunity if it doesn't fit into the plan," Ryan added. (CNSNews.com) Read more here.
30 Days of Prayer for the Supreme Court
30 Days of Prayer for the Supreme Court:
Wednesday, June 1 through Thursday, June 30
Sponsored by The Justice Foundation, Operation Outcry and PrayerSurgeNow
An Open Invitation to the Body of Christ
30 DAYS OF PRAYER, June 1-30, 2016
for THE U.S. SUPREME COURT
on THE ISSUE OF ABORTION
As you may know, within the next 30 days, the Justices of the Unites States Supreme Court will announce their first decision on the issue of abortion since 2007. Would you consider joining us for 30 DAYS OF PRAYER, June 1-30, for THE US SUPREME COURT, and promoting the following call to prayer through your network of praying brothers and sisters? The following invitation to prayer is also posted on www.nationalhighwayorprayer.net. Thank you!
Call to All Pastors, Prayer Leaders, Brothers and Sisters in the Lord,
We are urging you to join us in 30 days of concentrated prayer for the U.S. Supreme Court on the issue of abortion.
The U.S. Supreme Court is currently considering the Texas abortion case which requires hospital admitting privileges and ambulatory surgical center requirements for abortionists that perform more than fifty abortions a year.
Even this common-sense health and safety protection measure for women is under incredible assault. We need to pray for a mighty victory and that the "covenant with death" and "agreement with Sheol "the grave" (Isaiah 28:18) that are Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton which promote and protect the shedding of innocent blood would be annulled and cancelled by the U.S. Supreme Court.
The decision was argued on March 2 and is currently under advisement by the Court and the opinions are even now being written and discussed by the Court. This is a critical time for prayer. Before 1992, in Planned Parenthood v. Casey, Justice Kennedy had previously written that Roe v. Wade should be overturned and on the day of the argument, he voted that Roe v. Wade should be reversed. However, in the months afterwards he changed his mind and switched his vote to allow abortion but also to allow some regulation of abortion. Any of the judges can change their mind right now, until it is published publicly.
We are calling on all of the pro-life congregations and prayer groups across America and intercessors around the world to dedicated prayer June 1st through June 30th, which is the last day of this Court's term and the last day that an opinion is likely to be issued by the U.S. Supreme Court.
There is a commandment of the Lord to pray for those in authority which all too often the church gravely ignores, I Tim. 2:1-8. The purpose of praying for those in authority is so that we may lead "quiet and peaceful lives in all godliness and dignity." God hates the shedding of innocent blood and it is an ungodly, undignified way of living that kills human beings. When the righteous rule the people rejoice, when the wicked rule the people groan. Proverbs 29:2. We get the government we deserve and pray for!
Allan E. Parker
President, The Justice Foundation
Operation Outcry Global Coordinator
Dai Sup Han
National Facilitator, Prayer Surge NOW!
Daily conference calls for this case are continuing:
Prayer sessions, 8-9 am Eastern and 8-9 pm Eastern,
using 515-739-1010, code 414009#
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study
Week of Sunday, May 29 - Saturday, June 4
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Persecuted Church
(Iran) Female Christian Prisoner Goes on Hunger Strike as Authorities Refuse Her Medical Care
Mohabat News - Reports received from Iran indicate Christian prisoner, Maryam (Nasim) Naghash Zargaran has gone on a hunger strike to protest the unfair refusal of authorities to provide her with critical medical attention.
In addition to medical concerns, Ms. Zargaran is concerned over unfair handling of her case by Iranian judicial authorities. She started her hunger strike on May 25, 2016.
She is serving her sentence in the women's ward of the notorious Evin prison. As part of her protest she has also refused to accept visitors, which prompted her inmates to do the same in her support. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that You strengthen the heart of our sister Maryam in the inner man as she maintains her position in this hunger strike. We ask, Lord, that You soften the hearts of her persecutors, that they hear her requests and move to meet her medical needs, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "I was crying to the LORD with my voice, And He answered me from His holy mountain." (Psalm 3:4)
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
THE CHURCH'S ONE FOUNDATION
"No one can lay any foundation other than the one that has been laid; that foundation is Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 3:11)
The Church's one foundation Is Jesus Christ her Lord, She is His new creation By water and the Word. From heaven He came and sought her To be His holy bride; With His own blood He bought her And for her life He died.
She is from every nation, Yet one o'er all the earth; Her charter of salvation, One Lord, one faith, one birth; One holy Name she blesses, Partakes one holy food, And to one hope she presses, With every grace endued.
The Church shall never perish! Her dear Lord to defend, To guide, sustain, and cherish, Is with her to the end: Though there be those who hate her, And false sons in her pale, Against both foe or traitor She ever shall prevail.
Though with a scornful wonder Men see her sore oppressed, By schisms rent asunder, By heresies distressed: Yet saints their watch are keeping, Their cry goes up, "How long?" And soon the night of weeping Shall be the morn of song!
'Mid toil and tribulation, And tumult of her war, She waits the consummation Of peace forevermore; Till, with the vision glorious, Her longing eyes are blest, And the great Church victorious Shall be the Church at rest.
Yet she on earth hath union With God the Three in One, And mystic sweet communion With those whose rest is won, With all her sons and daughters Who, by the Master's hand Led through the deathly waters, Repose in Eden land.
O happy ones and holy! Lord, give us grace that we Like them, the meek and lowly, On high may dwell with Thee: There, past the border mountains, Where in sweet vales the Bride With Thee by living fountains Forever shall abide!
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Samuel J. Stone, 1866
Music: Samuel S. Wesley,1864
Signs and Wonders
Nasa Spots Monster Hole on the Sun - USA Today
At first glance it looks like our sun is disintegrating! Josh King has the story. Go here.
> > > See also: Monster Hole Opens on Sun - The Weather Channel
There's a gigantic hole in the Sun and no-one really knows why - Daily Mail UK
(Quoting from the Daily Mail)
An enormous hole has appeared on the surface of the Sun and scientists aren't quite sure how to explain it.
NASA has released fresh images of the striking dent in our star, which is known as a coronal hole .
It is not known exactly what causes these gigantic holes to emerge. While they may sound alarming, they are relatively common and do not spell disaster for either the Sun or Earth.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Christians Honor This Fearless Governor With Prestigious Award
(Washington, DC) - [PR Newswire] Last night, Family Research Council (FRC) President Tony Perkins was pleased to honor Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant with the first ever "Samuel Adams Religious Freedom Award." The award was presented to Governor Bryant during the Watchmen on the Wall briefing, an annual conference sponsored by Family Research Council that draws hundreds of pastors to the nation's capital from more than 40 states.
In 2014, Governor Bryant signed the Mississippi Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which says that without a compelling reason, government cannot interfere with a person's exercise of religion. He added "In God We Trust" to the state seal. On April 5, 2016, Governor Bryant signed into law the 'Protecting Freedom of Conscience from Government Discrimination Act,' saying, "This bill . . . is designed in the most targeted manner possible to prevent government interference in the lives of the people from which all power to the state is derived." (Read more)
Your Presence - Planetshakers
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.