CHPP Daily Brief - Monday, September 29, 2014
This Sunday in Washington, D.C.:
Rally for Israel
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, September 29, 2014
"And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles."
WE ARE ASKING ALL OF OUR PRAYER PARTNERS TO READ THE VERSES BELOW OUT LOUD, AS A DECREE, KNOWING THAT THE WORD WILL NOT RETURN VOID. (Isaiah 55:11) THANK YOU!
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:1)
The Daily Brief
1. At the U.N.: Netanyahu: To defeat ISIS and let Iran have nuclear arms is to win the battle and not the war - Jerusalem Post
Netanyahu addressed the UN general assembly on Monday in New York and warned the crowd of the threat of radical militant Islam.
He said that the Arab world, for the first time, was beginning to recognize the benefit in aligning themselves with Israel and seeing they have a common enemy. He also said that he is willing to make a "historic compromise" with the Palestinians.
The prime minister spoke in his speech of the correlation between Hamas and ISIS, saying the two are "branches from the same poisonous tree." (Read more)
To view the video of the Prime Minister's speech, gohere.
To read the full text of this speech, go here.
- Father, we thank You that, once again this year, the Prime Minister of the nation of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, has spoken words of truth before the United Nations General Assembly. We seal his words now into the hearts of all who were present, and we ask that You would bring forth Your perfect will in the nations represented, as they now begin to align with Israel against a new and a common enemy: ISIS. Grant each leader Your wisdom regarding Israel, Lord. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "There is no wisdom or understanding Or counsel against the Lord." (Proverbs 21:30)
2. Islamic State and Nusra Front move toward alliance amid coalition strikes in Syria - Haaretz
Islamic State is moving toward an alliance with the Nusra Front, the largest Al-Qaida affiliate in Syria, as a U.S.-led coalition continues strikes against IS positions in the northeastern part of the country.
Nusra Front, or Jabhat al-Nusra, has been facing mounting pressure from its own members to reconcile with its rival and form a united front against the air strikes, which began in Syria last week, after the American fight against Islamic State began in Iraq in August.
Joining forces with IS would require Nusra Front members to pledge loyalty to the group, which has declared a caliphate in territory it controls in those countries. This would effectively put an end to the Nusra Front, fighters in the group say. (Read more)
- Father, we praise You that the Nusra Front is about to collapse under the weight of ISIS. Let the enemies of Israel turn against each other, and destroy each other, that we might then pick up the spoil. We thank You that You hold these terrorist groups under Your control and that, in the end, they shall perish. The truth is that the caliphate is a lie, and only Your kingdom reigns! Jesus name we offer this prayer, amen and amen.
- "After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, 'Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!'" (Rev. 7:9,10)
3. Islamic State crisis: Obama says US underestimated threat - BBC
President Barack Obama has acknowledged that US agencies underestimated the threat posed by the Islamist insurgency in Syria. In a frank TV interview, he said that al-Qaeda had been beaten in Iraq by US forces working with Sunni tribes. But they took advantage of the power vacuum in neighbouring Syria to emerge as Isis, later called Islamic State. (Read more)
See also: Obama faces backlash after blaming intel community for missing ISIS. Go here.
- Father God, we ask You to quell the waters that are now swirling inside the halls of our government, with our leaders resorting to "finger pointing" instead of taking responsibility for our lack of knowledge that the dangerous ISIS machine was in place in Syria, and growing in power. Lord, please help our leaders look for solutions to this crisis, rather than examining the failure of our intelligence agencies to expose this threat. We ask for Your intervention, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
4. US Condemns Abbas United Nations Speech - Voice of America
The United States has rejected a speech given by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at the United Nations Friday, saying it included "offensive characterizations."
Speaking at the United Nations General Assembly, Abbas was demanding a "firm timetable" for an Israeli withdrawal from occupied Palestinian lands. In doing so, he accused Israel of war crimes during the recent conflict with the Palestinian militant group Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
U.S. State Department spokesman Jen Psaki said such provocative statements are "counterproductive" and undermine efforts to restore trust between the two sides.
Mr. Abbas said he would seek a U.N. resolution to achieve a timetable for Israeli withdrawal. Abbas aides said the timetable would be three years.
Israel has accepted the idea of a two-state solution, but Israeli and Palestinian negotiators have long been at odds over the boundaries of a future Palestinian state. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we are thankful that the US delegate stated that the speech given by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at the United Nations included "offensive characterizations." However it appears this was said so that peace and ceasefire negotiations would continue. What is wanted is the dividing of Israeli land to give the Palestinians land that belongs to You and Your special people only. Lord, we ask that You rise up, smash down and crush these offensive claims to be of no effect for Your name's sake. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Let heaven and earth praise Him, the seas and everything that moves in them. For God will save Zion and build the cities of Judah, that they may dwell there and possess it . . . And those who love His name shall dwell in it." (Psalm 69:34-36 NKJV)
5. Critics blast authorities for treating beheading as case of workplace violence - Fox News
Authorities are treating Thursday's beheading at an Oklahoma food distribution center as an incident of workplace violence but that is prompting raised eyebrows among some terrorism experts.
The FBI is investigating the incident in which fired employee Alton Nolen, 30, allegedly attacked Colleen Hufford, 54, stabbing her several times before severing her head. Nolen also stabbed another women at the plant. The company's COO, a reserve sheriff's deputy, thwarted the second attack, shooting Nolen, who is in stable condition.
Co-workers reportedly said Nolen tried to convert them to Islam after his own recent conversion. And Fox 25 in Oklahoma City reports that the FBI is looking into Nolen's Facebook page. The page has anti-American rants under the name "Jah'Keem Israel." The station said the Facebook page has several photos of Usama bin Laden and a screen shot from the 9/11 terror attacks. It also shows a man with a quote: "I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smile ye above their necks and smite all their fingertips off them." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, may the truth come forth and this event be called what it is, an act of jihad. Father, the writings of this man as well as his actions show he did this as a violent act of revenge driven by his newly adopted faith in islam. Rise up Father and confront those who are fearful to call this event what it truly is. In Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not be envious of evil men, nor desire to be with them. For their heart devises violence, and their lips talk of troublemaking." (Proverbs 24:1-2 NKJV)
6. Citing climate change, Obama fences in huge Pacific area after wheeling and dealing - Fox News
Weeks after the White House was warned that a plan to vastly expand a maritime preserve and no-fishing zone in U.S.-controlled Pacific waters would harm the American fishing industry and geopolitically advantage China, the Obama administration has gone ahead anyway-with some concessions to make the environmental medicine, administered by presidential fiat, go down more smoothly.
The concessions did nothing, however, to assuage congressional Republicans led by Rep.Doc Hastings of Washington state, chairman of the House Natural Resources Committee, who accused the administration of taking "secret, unilateral action" to expand the preserve. He warned that "the economic consequences of this decision will be grave, further eroding the U.S. seafood industry and harming the well-being of the U.S. territories."
The decree essentially bans all commercial fishing and deep-sea mining (which doesn't exist yet in any case) in the huge tract in perpetuity, though the announcement said there would be some exceptions for "recreational and traditional fishing that is consistent with the conservation goals of the Monument."
That was significantly less than the roughly 780,000 square mile area initially proposed by the administration and its environment and energy czar, John Podesta, for the expanded preserve-a straightforward extension of a fishing ban to the full extent of the 200-mile, U.S. controlled exclusive economic zone (EEZ) around the islands. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, increasingly US citizens are finding that their right to use resources available, like fishing zones, are being taken away. The reason given is to save the earth from the damage human beings inflict upon it and upon the climate. Father, many of us understand this is actually an action to the government's control over our resources. We ask for Your mercy, Father. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "Now therefore, O Lord our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You are the Lord, You alone." (Isaiah 37:20 NKJV)
7. Automatically re-enrolling in ObamaCare could pose dangers, analysts warn - Fox News
After the rocky rollout last fall of the ObamaCare website, the administration wants to re-enroll those already in the system in hopes of avoiding another technological embarrassment.
But analysts warn that just blindly re-enrolling could mean trouble for consumers. "This notion of just sit back and re-enroll is really misleading and I think could cause a lot of harm to people," said Bob Laszewski of Health Policy and Strategy Associates.
"The automatic renewal, it's easy, it will keep people getting ObamaCare," added Rosemary Gibson of the Hastings Center. "But you have to trust but verify. You have to go look. You just can't be on automatic pilot for health insurance."
That's because of the way subsidies are determined. They're pegged to the cost of the second lowest silver level plan, but that cost is likely to change and with it, the subsidy a consumer would get.
"Everyone's going to have differences in their subsidies," Laszewski said. "The vast majority really probably need to change plans in order to continue with the same out of pocket premium. And they're not going to know if their premium has changed unless they go in and re-enroll."
Said Gibson, "What's the different costs and what are the different benefits? Have they upgraded the benefits? Or, have they dropped providers in this case of health care, out of the network?" (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, once again, this disastrous "health care" law is presenting options that are misleading and could be financially dangerous for many citizens. Father, we come before You and ask that this destructive law be crushed and annihilated. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "For I, the Lord, your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'" (Isaiah 41:13 NKJV)
8. DOD planning to let illegal immigrants enlist - Fox News
The Defense Department plans to let some illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children enlist in the military -- a policy that comes as the Army is effectively firing active-duty soldiers due to budget cuts.
The Military Times reports that a program -- called the Military Accessions Vital to National Interest, or MAVNI -- which currently allows recruiters to search for foreign nationals with unique skills will be expanded to accommodate the new policy.
The Defense Department now wants to let in some illegal immigrants who enjoyed a reprieve under a 2012 Obama administration policy. That policy applied to those who came to the country before they were 16 years old and spares them from deportation.
The new program reportedly is capped at 1,500 recruits every year, and could be the first step in an effort to create a path to citizenship for some illegal immigrants (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we are troubled by this policy. There are already well trained soldiers being dismissed from military service due to budget cuts, and yet in contradiction to the need for budget cuts, they are hiring people who are non citizen illegal immigrants to join the military. Father, we ask You to rise up and expose this for what it seems to be, a 'back door' way to grant citizenship to these illegal citizens plus possibly put our nation at risk. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap." (Galatians 6:7 NKJV)
9. School police forces took $13M of military gear from Pentagon: report - Washington Times
Over 100 school law enforcement agencies have taken advantage of a Pentagon program for free military equipment to the tune of $13 million, a CBS investigation has revealed.
At least 125 school law enforcement agencies in 25 states have received military gear from the Department of Defense, pentagon network reported Friday. Included in its numbers are 23 K-12 school districts that have taken part in the program.
"The presence of military weaponry on schools undermines public trust, and it undermines public safety, and it's not the right response," ACLU Senior Counsel Kara Dansky told the network. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this report is disturbing. Grade school districts have accepted dangerous and powerful military equipment to be used for security. This could truly be opening a 'door' to allow excessive violence in response to any school's security issues. Have mercy, Father, protect our children by reversing these actions. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the Lord's counsel-that will stand." (Proverbs 19:21 NKJV)
10. DC Police Dept 'Loses' Gun Owners' Fingerprints, Forces Them to Pay Fee to Re-Register - TownHall.com
The District of Columbia is the only jurisdiction in America in which gun owners have to re-register their guns with the government every three years. The mandate was enforced at the beginning of this year. Now, the Metropolitan Police Department has been sending notices to residents with registered firearms to come down to their headquarters to be fingerprinted. The only problem is, most people are resisting the demand.
Fox 5's Emily Miller, a proud gun owner herself, led an investigation into why these law-abiding gun owners were being dragged back to the police station. They were already fingerprinted when they first registered their guns, so why do they have to do it again? The answer is infuriating: "According to City Council Chairman Phil Mendelson, the police department lost the fingerprints." As Miller points out, the fingerprinting is done electronically, so how can they be lost? (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, there is something very strange about what is reported here. It states that gun owners need to submit to being fingerprinted another time and to pay again to register their guns, due to the police department supposedly 'losing' their fingerprints. How can this happen, Father, when the fingerprints are electronically stored? It appears to be more an action of trying to cause gun ownership by citizens to be as difficult as possible. Father, we ask that this kind of harassment be crushed and exposed for what it truly is. We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who speaks lies shall perish." (Proverbs 19:9 NKJV)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles." (Zechariah 14:16)
1. Intercessors for Israel: Weekly Prayer Alert
2. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Prayer Alert
3. Hebrew Nation News: Weekly Prayer Alert
4. Prayer Alert for Israel - CHPP
Written by our friend, K: go here.
5. Abbas woos his home crowd, alienates Israel, 'fires' the US - Times of Israel
One narrative surrounding Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas's Friday address to the United Nations General Assembly could begin with his entry to an earlier session in the plenary hall.
Abbas, striding through the UN's corridors Wednesday, reached the doors to the plenary together with his sizable security detail to attend the General Assembly's opening speeches. The guards at the doors to the room told him that he could go in - but that those guys he came with needed to go around to the other door. (Read more)
6. Islamic nations lobbying Abbas to join international court; Farse: What about the barbarism between the Shiites and Sunnis? L - Times of Israel
Leader of Organization of Islamic Cooperation decries 'apartheid' Israel's 'dehumanizing' treatment of Palestinians
The world's largest bloc of Islamic countries has been lobbying the Palestinians to join the International Criminal Court so it can prosecute Israeli politicians and military leaders for war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide, the bloc's leader said Saturday.
Iyad Madani said the 57-nation Organization of Islamic Cooperation strongly supports Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas's plan to ask the UN Security Council to impose a deadline for an Israeli withdrawal from Palestinian lands. On Saturday, Abbas postponed his plan to present the resolution to the Security Council. (Read more)
7. Palestinian leader lays out plans for United Nations statehood vote - The Telegraph UK
The Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas has demanded that the United Nations backs a "firm" deadline for Palestinian statehood as he attacked the "genocidal crimes" of Israel's "war machine". An angry and emboldened Mr Abbas threw down the gauntlet at the world body when he said that Palestinians would for the first time pursue what some diplomats have called "the nuclear option" of a Security Council resolution on statehood.(Read more)
- Abba Father, we do not receive this evil report. Mahmoud Abbas is falsely accusing Your special people of genocide and is claiming Your special land as belonging to the Palestinians. We ask You, Father, to rise up and show Mahmoud Abbas and his followers that You are Lord and the Only one true God and to put the full fear and awe of You into every part of their being. We ask that You do this for Your Name sake and Your Glory. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "'There is no peace,' says the Lord, 'for the wicked.'" (Isaiah 48:22 NKJV)
8. Prayer Rally to Save Samaria Town from Destruction - Israel National News
A prayer rally will be held on Tuesday in Givat Assaf, located near Beit El in Samaria, in a call to save the small community from destruction by the government. A letter organizing the rally was sent to residents, and warned of impending demolition despite the declarations by the government that it would work to recognize the community officially - something that legal experts say it can do easily, since dozens of dunams of land in the town are legally registered under the names of residents in the state land registry.
The residents note that in May, they agreed to dismantle four buildings that were built outside the area of acquired land; another family was expelled by force after refusing to evacuate its home. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that You would move upon the hearts of these citizens to rally for this cause, in prayer, and to move upon the governing authorities in Israel's government to heed their plea. We ask this in the name of Yeshua, amen.
"Their offspring You shall destroy from the earth, And their descendants from among the sons of men. For they intended evil against You; They devised a plot which they are not able to perform." (Psalm 21:9,10)
1. Isis 'just one mile from Baghdad' as al-Qaeda fighters join forces against Syria air strikes - The Independent UK
Jabhat al-Nusra and Isis leaders are reportedly meeting to co-ordinate attacks
Isis fighters are reportedly just one mile away from Baghdad as reports emerge of al-Qaeda militants bolstering their ranks in Syria.
According to the Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East, Isis was approaching the Iraqi capital on Monday morning.
"The Islamic State are now less than 2km away from entering Baghdad," a spokesperson said.
"They said it could never happen and now it almost has. Obama says he overestimated what the Iraqi Army could do. Well you only need to be here a very short while to know they can do very very little." (Read more)
- Lord God, please send angelic reinforcements to help defend this beleaguered city. We cry out to You, Lord God, to rescue the innocent citizens of Baghdad from the imminent danger of a takeover of their city. Thank You, Abba Father God, for hearing our prayer, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (2 Tim. 4:18)
2. Fears grow in Baghdad that US is abandoning the city to its fate - The Guardian UK
Resentment grows in capital over perceived American preference to fight for Kurds rather than ousted Maliki. (Read more)
(Published on Saturday, Sept. 27)
3. "This Is What We Do" Warns 2nd Ok ISIS-Supporter Arrested, Threatened To Behead Co-Worker - The Oklahoman
It appears the appeal of ISIS-supporting beheadings in Oklahoma is growing. In what can only be described as an uncomfortable coincidence for the state, a 2nd Oklahoma man was arrested Friday for threatening to behead a co-worker.
As The Oklahoman reports, Jacob Mugambi Muriithi, 30, who was recently fired from his job at a nursing home, threatened a female Christian co-worker that he "represented ISIS and that ISIS kills Christians." When she asked him why, he replied, "This is just what we do," according to the affidavit. (Read more)
- Lord God Almighty in Heaven, we cry out, in repentance, and we ask for Your divine intervention for the protection of our people. Let ALL who have these wicked plans hidden in their hearts be EXPOSED and ARRESTED by police officers and the FBI across our land. Deliver us from evil, we pray, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Deliver us from evil." (Matthew 6:12)
4. Rick Perry: White House must address beheading - Politico
Rick Perry said on Monday that the Obama administration will have to address the beheading of an Oklahoma woman in what the Texas governor noted closely resembles an act of terrorism. (Read more)
5. Beheading Suspect Attended Same Mosque as 9/11 Terrorist - Breitbart
MOORE, Oklahoma -- Alton Nolen, the man who beheaded one woman and severely injured another at Vaughan Foods in Moore, Oklahoma, was apparently a radicalized Muslim. Nolen attended the same mosque as Zacarias Moussaoui, a man convicted in federal court of conspiring to kill U.S. citizens as part of the September 11 attacks. (Read more)
6. An ISIS Nest Grows in Boston - RightSideNews
Boston's WCVB.com reported Monday that "the federal government is targeting Boston and two other American cities to shut down what they are calling the U.S.-Jihad pipeline to ISIS in an attempt to stop Americans from joining the terrorist organization." And so now Boston is reaping what it has sown for so many years. (Read More)
7. How the airstrikes on Syria could make Isil stronger - The Telegraph UK
When the United States . . . made good on their threat to bomb Syria this week. . . The bombs also struck the bases and hideouts of Jabhat al-Nusra, an extremist group with affiliations to al-Qaeda, which has been proscribed as a terrorist organisation by the US. If we are going to bomb one jihadist group in Syria, we might as well bomb them all - or so the thinking in the White House may have gone. (Read more)
8. Iran threatens to attack Islamic State "deep into Iraqi territory" UPI
An Iranian military commander said that forces have been built up on the Iraqi border to counter the IS threat, and that they would attack into Iraq if necessary. (Read more)
9. Islamic State crisis: Al-Nusra issues threat over air strikes - BBC
Syrian militant group al-Nusra Front has denounced US-led air strikes as "a war against Islam". In an online statement, the al-Qaeda-linked group called on jihadists around the world to target Western and Arab countries involved. (Read more)
10. British warplanes return from Iraq without bombing - YahooNews.com
British warplanes flew their first mission over Iraq since parliament authorised strikes against Islamic State jihadists, but returned without bombing on Saturday, the Ministry of Defence in London said. "On this occasion no targets were identified as requiring immediate air attack by our aircraft," a ministry spokesman said.
However, the jets' surveillance gathered information that will "help acquire potential targets for future operations, either by aircraft or Iraqi ground forces," the spokesman said.
British lawmakers on Friday voted overwhelmingly to join the US-led air strikes in northern Iraq following a formal request for help from the Iraqi government. (Read more)
The Daily Jot
Beheading shows deeper danger of Islam in America
Jah Keem Yisrael attended the mosque of Imam Suhaib Webb, former leader of the Islamic society of Greater Oklahoma. Webb moved on where he now serves as Imam of the mosque in Boston, which was attended by the Islamic Boston Marathon "bombers." Webb, according to Breitbart, which quotes FBI documents, is associated with al Qaeda mastermind Anwar al Awlaki and the Muslim American Society founded as the US Chapter of the Muslim Brotherhood. Remember, the Muslim Brotherhood is the occupant of the Oval Office's foreign policy partner. Jah Keem Yisrael stayed in Oklahoma. He is also known as Alton Nolen, the Muslim convert who beheaded a female coworker at the plant where he once worked.
The Inquisitr reports that Nolen actually had posted pictures of himself on Facebook in a black robe dressed as an Islamic State fighter. The Inquisitr writes: Information posted on the Jah'Keem Yisrael Facebook page includes one that reads, "[Exactly as written] Ima Tell You Off Top Im Not Your Friend My Friends Are At The Mosque All Around The World. Im an Muslim from the Tribe of Judah who Was Pretty Much Raised In Killeen Texas . . . Christans have some thing where they eat crackers which represents Jesus (Salayi Wa Alayi Salaam ameen) flesh & Drink Cranberry Juice which represents his blood. Dnt u thank that's kind of evil lol-- WAKE UP ISLAM IS THE TRU RELIGION. This is the last days. America and Israel are wicked Wake up Muslims!!!""
While the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma denounced Nolen's actions and claimed Islam is a religion of peace, the entire incident demonstrates why Islam is incompatible with the Constitutional Republic of America and presents a clear and present danger to every non-Muslim living in America. Young men such as Nolen are brainwashed by cunning Islamic Imams who are spreading hate and insurrection in their American Mosques. Imams motivate their congregants. They know something the news media and the politicians refuse to acknowledge: The peace of Islam is submission to Islam. It is a peaceful "religion" when all on earth are in submission to it. That is the peace of Islam.
The sooner we as Americans recognize that Islam does not fall under Constitutional protections of freedom of religion, the safer our country will be. Islam is an insurgent force that is colonizing in America and hiding behind our Constitutional rights. These rights, however, do not apply to those wishing to overthrow the country. Islam is its own nation without borders. It has its own laws, its own government, and its own belief system. Its constitution, the Koran, calls on every Muslim to kill Christians and Jews, and bring them into submission to Islam. This horrible incident in Oklahoma will multiply so long as Islam is present in America. The peace of Islam is submission. As Jeremiah 6:14 says, "They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people lightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Over the weekend, more information about Alton Nolen, who beheaded a woman at his former place of employment, became public. A local newspaper reports that Nolen was arrested 10 times during a five year period. Friends say he converted to Islam while in prison sometime in 2011, eventually adopting the name Jah'Keem Yisrael.
Worshippers at the mosque Nolen attended described him as "a little odd" and "weird." Breitbart.com reports that Nolen posted a picture of Islamic State fighters on his Facebook page "on the very same day" ISIS released the photograph, "implying he closely followed ISIS online." There is another picture of Nolen at a mosque in Oklahoma City offering what appears to be the ISIS salute -- the right index finger pointing upwards.
On Fox News this morning, Texas Governor Rick Perry said, "At some point in time the administration does have to address this as what is appears to many people that it is -- and that is an act of violence that is associated with terrorism." I think Perry is right, but I won't hold my breath waiting for the Obama Administration to level with the American people.
When a police officer and a young man have a confrontation in Ferguson, Missouri, something that unfortunately happens all too often all over the country, the president and his left-wing allies immediately seize upon the incident and exploit it to fit a narrative of "racist America."
When a Muslim beheads a woman in Oklahoma, thankfully a very rare event, the president and his allies do whatever they can to make sure that it is not recognized for what it is. Rather than calling it an act of terror, it is labeled "workplace violence."
Some are attempting to downplay Nolen's interest in ISIS and they are insisting that there is no link to terrorism. But whether he was a "dues paying" member of a terrorist group is irrelevant. If Nolan did have contact with a terrorist group, to some degree that would be less disconcerting because we would know that he was acting as their agent.
But if he in fact acted as a "lone wolf," that is precisely what intelligence agents fear most. Nolen could have been responding to calls by ISIS for Muslims in the U.S. to turn into a fifth column and act independently with one goal: to kill the infidel. Yet when there is some evidence that this nightmare scenario is happening, our government's goal seems to be to make sure we don't understand how much trouble we are in.
And now there is this breaking news: The Washington Times reports that another Oklahoma City man, Jacob Mugambi Muriithi, a Muslim native of Kenya, was arrested Friday for threatening to behead a co-worker at the Bellevue Nursing Home.
Are we experiencing an outbreak of "workplace violence" that is coincidentally associated with radical Islam? Or are the appeals from ISIS to lone wolf jihadists gaining traction? I know which one I think it is. (Gary Bauer)
Obama Passes The Buck
Obama Passes The Buck
Harry Truman popularized the phrase "The Buck Stops Here" with a plaque that sat on his desk in the Oval Office for much of his presidency. It's a concept that seems lost on the current occupant of the Oval Office.
President Obama went on "60 Minutes" and did what he does best. Asked whether the rise of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria came as a total surprise to him, Obama blamed someone else. Obama said, "Our head of the intelligence community, Jim Clapper, has acknowledged that, I think, they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria."
Some intelligence officials are seething over this remark. One former senior Pentagon official said, "Either the president doesn't read the intelligence he's getting or he's [expletive deleted].
The Daily Beast reports that top Pentagon officials testified before Congress in January and February about the growing threat from ISIS.
Moreover, Iraqi leaders were begging for U.S. drone strikes as one city after another fell. In fact, former Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki came to Washington last October and personally pled with Vice President Joe Biden for help.
But Obama shrugged off all the warnings and dismissed ISIS as a "JV team" (junior varsity team). Now he has the audacity to go on "60 Minutes" and suggest that it was our intelligence community that got it wrong.
No, Mr. President, the intelligence was right. It was your naive foreign policy that was wrong. (Gary Bauer)
National prayer alert
National prayer alert
[The following emails were sent to us today by intercessors in Texas. Please make this alert a matter of prayer. Thank you.]
I just received the following text from Jennifer Gray, the coordinator or Border Houses of Prayer in El Paso:
"Can you help us pray? Pastor Bev received a vision of oil platforms on fire (possible submarine attack.).
While we were praying over this, a text from Penny (director of Lubbock IHOP) saying 'I received a burden for the Gulf States, praying any plots to attack oil platforms will be foiled. Also last few days getting alert to lift up Texas Rangers (state police, not the baseball team) . . . I understand their jurisdiction extends outside Texas.' As we pray in unity I believe we will foil the plots of the enemy."
Please share this with others who pray!
Permian Basin Intercessors
"Do not fear, for I Am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I Am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My Righteous Right hand." (Is. 41:10)
ISIS: Was this a "GO" Signal??
ISIS: Was this a "GO" Signal??
The following analysis comes from a series of anonymous sources, names withheld upon request. A "GO" signal is a signal that alerts sleeper cells to begin to move . . . The information below was shown on two public blogs or Twitter accounts on the morning of Tuesday, Sept. 23rd. The first Islamic beheading on American soil followed on Friday.
We submit this report to you for your prayerful consideration, and we say STOP to any GO signal that might have been launched on our land. Thank you.]
Various messages follow . . .
1. I was on facebook this morning when I saw this NBC news posted about this Presidents speech this morning. I was scrolling through the comments when I saw this comment from this guy Zabbah Alnusairie:
from blackshadow to Seattle Lion. Key 114. 111/114. 112/112. 114/114. Target twice. Local 20.20. Kill'em all. Bakia ua tatamaddad
I thought it was weird so I screen shot the comment. I don't know how to copy a photo on here so I just re typed his comment, btw. I clicked on his profile picture (which is the Isis logo I think) and he is located in Syria. He has no friends, pictures, nothing. I went back to the comments and sure enough, it's gone.
What does that comment mean?
2. There is no Twitter account for the guy. But I looked up that one phrase in Google Translate and it's in Hausa, an African language:
Black spread tatamaddad - meaning spread the black flag of Jihad, I'm assuming. There was no translation for the word tatamaddad.
3. It's the slogan of the IS and it means that the Islamic state "is here to stay and it is spreading"
(Referring to the word: "tatamaddad.")
4. A lion is a person on jihad, usually someone who has killed people, is on a mission to kill people or is a martyr.
A warrior or soldier of Islam.
5. THIS WAS LOADED ON TWO NEWS' SITE'S PAGES ON FACEBOOK:
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
[Closing comment: commentators/researchers above simply transcribed the original message onto Google search engine and continued from there. Both sites have since been removed.
We submit this to all of you tonight, under the Blood of the Lamb, with a prayer of agreement that the BLOOD cancels all wicked schemes, and causes the evil to be exposed. Thank You, Lord, for Your love, Your protection, and Your safekeeping over Your people! In Jesus' name, amen.]
VVS Straw Poll Results
Values Voter Summit A Big Success
This year's Values Voter Summit was another huge success. A constant theme throughout the three-day event was the growing assault on religious liberty overseas and here at home. Featured speakers included Naghmeh Abedini, wife of Pastor Saeed Abedini, David and Jason Benham, Aaron and Melissa Klein, and Mariam Ibraheem -- all of whom have experienced varying degrees of persecution for their faith.
For the second year in row, Senator Ted Cruz finished first in the Values Voter straw poll, winning 25% of the vote. Dr. Ben Carson finished second with 20%, followed by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee with 12%. Rounding out the top five were former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum in fourth place, followed by a tie for fifth between Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul.
I was particularly pleased that several major media outlets, including MSNBC and the Washington Post, picked up two key lines from my address Friday afternoon. Commenting on the policies of the current administration, I noted that Obama seemed more interested in saving the reputation of Islam than in saving the lives of Christians. Looking forward to 2016, I warned Hillary Clinton that she could not run away from Obama after spending four years implementing his policies.
If you missed my speech or any others, click here to watch them online. Thank you, my friends, for making this work possible! (Gary Bauer)
Rally for Israel
Rally for Israel
Please join me, Governor Mike Huckabee, Bill Kristol, Penny Nance of Concerned Women for America and others at rally for Israel this Sunday, October 5th, in Washington, D.C.
The rally will take place from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Upper Senate Park on Capitol Hill.
For more information, go to RallyForIsrael.com.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
by Susan L. Turner
Week of Sunday, Sept. 28 - Saturday, October 4
Our Weekly Bible Study
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
GOD AT WORK IN THE MIDDLE EAST
This is a story of a Muslim family. The story began when the father, the head of the family, died. The eldest son must now take over responsibility for the family. Shortly after his father died, the son had a dream. He dreamt about his father, who told him that he had had a dream about Jesus just before he died. In his dream, the son saw his father lying in the hospital and Jesus appearing to him on his deathbed. Jesus said to him: "If you believe in Me, I will give you real life." The son heard his father reply: ''I believe in you, but please go to my family." The father then surrendered his life to Jesus and passed away. The dream made a deep impression on the son and so he invited the whole family to a meeting on the farm.
His little sister, however, refused to attend. In this Muslim country, sisters have to listen to and obey not only their fathers, but also their brothers. So, the son was angry with his sister and called her to account: "Why don't you obey me? I am your brother." His little sister then told him she was afraid. "I had a special dream," she said and continued to share about how she had seen her father meeting Jesus in her dream. The son listened in utter amazement as his sister recounted the exact same story he had dreamt! At the family meeting, both the strongest son and his little sister shared their dreams with the rest of the family - all of whom were deeply impacted and accepted Jesus as Saviour.
The son then decided that they needed 50 Bibles to read more about their newfound faith. But where to find 50 Bibles in a remote area of a closed Muslim country? He tried a shop in a nearby city, but the owner told him that he could not help him with such a large order of Bibles. The man however knew someone else who could help. This third person was another Christian. He was not only able to give this seeking family the Word of God, and also words of great comfort, "The Lord is with you and with your family. He will teach you and if you need any help, we will be there to help you."
- That God will continue to help Open Doors and new believers in the Middle East to meet one another, so that they will be strengthened in the faith.
- Pray, too, that the Church in the Middle East will continue to grow and that the Good News will keep finding a way - even when there seems to be no way.
- For Muslims who are seeking answers. Pray they will come to know God through unexpected and impactful ways. (Source: Open Doors)
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders
Explaining Surprise Eruption of Japan Volcano Where Dozens are Presumed Dead
The weekend tragedy on Japan's Mount Ontake, where more than 30 hikers are presumed dead after an eruption of toxic fumes and ash, is a deadly reminder that volcanoes-especially certain kinds-can be unpredictable. (National Geographic) Read more.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Jesus Culture (How He Loves Us)
Kim Walker Smith
Worship with us today . . .
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Almost every day of the year, a member of Congress or a Senator is celebrating a birthday. Let's lift up these men and women, day by day in prayer on their special day, that God might bless them and show them His love for each one. Indeed, let's move together in obedience to the Lord's mandate in I Timothy 2:1-4. It is written:
"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."
Today's Birthday Greetings go to:
Sen. Joe Donnelly (IN)
Sen. Bill Nelson (FL)
(Source: Bible Pathways Ministries. www.biblepathway.org)