CHPP Daily Brief Monday, Sept. 30, 2013
Pray for Jerusalem Next Sunday: Join 175 nations in this global initiative!
Read more here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Monday, Sept. 30, 2013
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Monday, Sept. 30, 2013
"I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting . . ." (I Timothy 2:8)
Our Weekly Bible Studies:
To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Submitted by Susan L. Turner
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. House leadership says it still has options to avoid government shutdown
- Fox News
A House Republican leader said Sunday the chamber has several last-minute options to avoid a government shutdown should the Senate reject a temporary spending bill the House passed early Sunday morning that includes a one-year delay for ObamaCare.
House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy stuck with House leadership's insistence that its proposal can indeed pass in the Democrat-controlled Senate, but acknowledged having an alternative plan. "You assume they won't vote for it. Let's have that debate," the California Republican told "Fox News Sunday." But "we have other options for the Senate to look at." The House proposal passed early Sunday morning includes two amendments to a spending bill passed Friday by the Senate. One delays ObamaCare for a year and the other repeals the law's medical device tax. The lower chamber also passed a bill to pay the military on time should a government shutdown occur.
Just hours after House Republicans announced their plan Saturday afternoon, the White House vowed President Obama would veto it. And Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid made clear it was unacceptable. (Read more)
- Abba Father, it is time that all the political 'games' be put aside for the good of this nation's future! It is clear that the majority of citizens want a delay, revision or repeal of this healthcare law, but a majority of those elected to serve our interests appear to have a problem hearing and understanding truth. Father, rise up and be in the midst of all this hostility and power grabbing confrontation, so that Your Ways may be served.
In the Name of Jesus, we ask You to tear down the wall that divides Senate from House, and Republicans from Democrats, that Your will may be done in and through this Congress. Let them speak to each other with high standards of statesmanship, in Your Name, Amen.
- "Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death on the cross, and our hostility toward each other was put to death." (Eph. 2:17)
2. White House threatens to veto 'reckless and irresponsible' House spending bill - The Hill
The White House on Saturday said President Obama would veto the House GOP's latest stopgap spending measure. It said Obama would veto the bill because of the inclusion of language delaying ObamaCare and eliminating a medical device tax, while faulting the House for not moving a simple funding measure approved by the Senate on Friday. (Read more)
- Father God, we send forth Your arrows -- Your Words of truth -- into the court of the "king," and we ask You to take out his heart of stone and to give him a heart of flesh. May the president come into a new day of understanding that his healthcare law will not yield blessings to our people, but undue burdens and hardships. We ask You to pierce the heart of the king, that He may do Your will, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
3. US troops won't get paid during shutdown: Pentagon Washington - AFP
The US military's nearly 1.4 million troops will stay on the job in the case of a government shutdown but they will not get paid, the Pentagon said Friday. And if Congress fails to agree on a new budget measure by the close of the fiscal year on Monday, September 30, "roughly half" the Defense Department's nearly 800,000 strong civilian work force would be placed on unpaid leave, top officials said. The war effort in Afghanistan and other high-priority missions would not be affected but most training and a range of maintenance work would be cancelled if Congress remains deadlocked, according to the Pentagon's top financial officer Robert Hale. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, there appears to be a disproportionate number of cuts to military benefits and pay versus cuts in other parts of the federal payment system as the US moves through this time of financial difficulties. This is so tragic when people in the military sacrifice so much, including life itself, for all of us. We ask that some accommodation be made in the short term budget so that the military's pay is not withheld. We ask in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap." (Galatians 6:7)
4. White House preps fall immigration push - POLITICO
The White House is getting ready to launch a major fall blitz for immigration reform - this time, one that appears to be more about partisanship than partnership with Republicans. While Washington may be consumed in the latest continuing resolution crisis and debt ceiling drama, it's also just days away from a massive new push on an issue many had written off months ago.
It's clear that if Democrats don't soon show that they're serious about moving forward on immigration, they risk alienating Latino voters - or, worse for the White House, shifting the ire of activists from House Republicans to the president, who has not used his executive authority to order blanket immunity from deportation for immigrants who came to this country illegally. (Read more)
- Abba Father, here is further evidence that the future of many peoples' lives is being used as a tool in a political set of confrontations of power and control. Father, these issues need to be addressed in legal ways with compromise on all sides of the political spectrum, and not as political 'ping pong balls' for who is the most powerful. Forgive us Lord, that our nation has fallen so low, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. - "Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the wicked; for there will be no prospect for the evil man; the lamp of the wicked will be put out." (Proverbs 24:19-20)
5. Report: NSA maps out a person's social connections - CBS News
For almost three years the National Security Agency has been tapping the data it collects to map out some Americans' social connections, allowing the government to identify their associates, their locations at certain times, their traveling companions and other personal information, The New York Times reported. (Read more)
- Lord, every aspect of our lives is now being recorded and utilized in a variety of ways by federal agencies, and no legal justification is being given. Have mercy Lord! We ask You to grant Your wisdom to those in authority who still stand for righteousness, that they may work to prevent We ask You to grant Your wisdom to those in authority who still stand for righteousness, that they may work to prevent all these violations of our rights and privacy, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not be envious of evil men, nor desire to be with them. For their heart devises violence, and their lips talk of troublemaking." (Proverbs 24:1-2)
6. Officials: Iranian-Linked Hackers Breached U.S. Navy Computer Network -The Blaze
U.S. officials say an unclassified Navy computer network was breached about two weeks ago by hackers believed to be linked to Iran. Officials say it appears the hackers may been working as proxies for the Iranian government. Cyberattacks originating in Iran have been a persistent issue for U.S. government and businesses, particularly energy companies. (Read more)
- Father, this article reflects that the national security of the US is in jeopardy by cyber hackers from Iran. This is a truly dangerous situation and needs to be worked upon to prevent sabotage and theft of national security secrets, where it could easily open up the opportunity for further terrorist threats. Father, direct our leadership how to find and block this kind of cyber invasions of our national security. We ask in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "'There is no peace,' says the Lord, 'for the wicked.'" (Isaiah 48:22)
7. BREAKING! Israel's Netanyahu to warn US, UN about Iran's 'smiley campaign' - Fox News
Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu will tell the White House and the United Nations this week to not be fooled by Tehran's new leadership in an attempt to persuade the US to maintain tough economic sanctions over Iran's nuclear program, after historic phone call between Obama and Iranian President Rouhani last week. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for placing Benjamin Netanyahu as the Prime Minister of the nation of Israel. We thank You for this "lion of Judah" who fearlessly speaks truth to a world that seems to now be lost in the midst of a maze of smoke and mirrors. We ask that You would prepare the hearts of all who will hear his words, to receive the truth that will be released. May his speech serve as a much-needed wake up call to the American people -- and to the nations of the world -- that the nation of Iran is still a very dangerous enemy. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "And I have put My words in your mouth; I have covered you with the shadow of My hand, That I may plant the heavens, Lay the foundations of the earth, And say to Zion, 'You are My people.'" (Isaiah 51:16)
8. Ted Cruz Praises Obama for Not Forgetting Jailed Minister in Iran - Newsmax
Sen. Ted Cruz praised President Barack Obama on Saturday for discussing the status of jailed American minister Saeed Abedini with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani this week.
Abedini was arrested on Sept. 26, 2012, while building an orphanage in Iran. He was sentenced in January to eight years in prison on charges of endangering national security. His supporters have said that Abedini had the permission of the Iranian government. In his meeting on Friday with Rouhani, Obama indicated that the U.S. hoped that Abedini would be reunited with his family, a White House official told Politico on Saturday.
The American president expressed similar concerns about two other U.S. citizens who are also believed to be held in Iran, according to Politico. "He did the right thing," Cruz said of Obama's efforts, Politico reports. (Read more)
Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that Barack Obama spoke up on behalf of Pastor Saeed Abedini, when he spoke with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani last week. We ask that this request, to release him from that horrible jail in Iran, be heard and honored, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "'Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you,' says the Lord." (Jeremiah 1:8)
9. Islamic terrorists kill at least 40 students in attack on Nigerian college - Fox News
Islamic terrorists dressed in Nigerian military uniforms assaulted a college inside the country Sunday, gunning down dozens of students as they slept in their dorms and shot others trying to flee, witnesses say. (Read more)
- Tonight, we grieve with those who grieve in Nigeria. It is even hard to find words to say . . . but we do ask our Lord to visit each family that is in mourning, and to comfort each one as only He can do. The armies of Jihad are now clearly on the move. Pray that these terrorists be stopped and brought to justice . . . no matter where they are now in the world. Amen.
- "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." (Matthew 5:4)
10. Deep Impact Comet-Hunting Probe Is Dead, NASA Says - Huffington Post
A spacecraft that gave scientists their first peek into a comet's icy interior will explore no more, NASA said Friday. The space agency declared an end to the Deep Impact spacecraft after it unexpectedly fell silent. Engineers tried for a month to regain contact, but lost hope.
- Mysterious things keep happening in space . . . very mysterious. Keep looking up! Our redemption draweth nigh!
- "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." (Luke 21:28)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever puts his trust in YHWH shall be safe." (Proverbs 29:25)
1. Israel Arrests Iranian Suspected of Plan to Attack U.S. Embassy - Bloomberg
Israel arrested an Iranian man suspected of preparing attacks in exchange for $1 million against sites that included the U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv, according to the country's national security agency.
2. The PA says it won't allow an intifada against Israel in the West Bank - Jerusalem Post
The Palestinian Authority won't allow an intifada against Israel in the West Bank, Palestinian security sources in Ramallah said on Sunday.
3. Mideast quartet seeks Israeli, Palestinian action by 2014 - Times of Israel
The quartet of Middle East peacemakers is calling on the Israelis and Palestinians to demonstrate their seriousness in reaching a settlement in the next year.
4. Likud MK implies Netanyahu will compromise on Jerusalem - Times of Israel
In a rare dovish statement for a member of the right-wing Likud party, MK Tzachi Hanegbi on Sunday defended Benjamin Netanyahu's commitment to a two-state solution, implying that the prime minister was prepared to compromise on Jerusalem and uproot settlements if PA negotiators ceded their demand for a right of return for Palestinian refugees and their descendents.
5. Netanyahu's mission: Setting parameters for Obama's Iran diplomacy - Times of Israel
"Any miscalculation of one's position, and of course, of others, will bear historic damages; a mistake by one actor will have negative impact on all others." These words were spoken Tuesday by President Hasan Rouhani, but they aptly reflect what Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is currently thinking about the thawing relations between the Islamic Republic of Iran and the United States of America.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners as if chained with them-those who are mistreated-since you yourselves are in the body also." (Hebrews 13:3)
Obama Expresses Concern over Imprisoned US Pastor to Iranian President - Fox News
Among the topics discussed during the historic phone call between President Obama and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani was the imprisonment of American pastor Saeed Abedini.
A senior administration official tells Fox News that in addition to the issue of nuclear weapons and the broader relationship between the two nations, Obama expressed concern about the pastor-who was been incarcerated for a year at Evin Prison in Tehran -along with two other U.S. citizens.
"Obama also noted our concern about three American citizens who have been held within Iran: Robert Levinson [who is missing], Saeed Abedini, and Amir Hekmati, and noted our interest in seeing those Americans reunited with their families," the official told Fox News.
Abedini's wife, Naghmeh, immediately said the report of the call was "the most encouraging news I have heard since Saeed was imprisoned one year ago. I am very grateful to President Obama for standing up for Saeed and for the other Americans who are held captive in Iran. This development is truly an answer to prayer."
The discussion marked the first time that Obama has mentioned Abedini and his plight since he was jailed last fall. He has never spoken out about Abedini's imprisonment but the State Department has repeatedly condemned Iran for holding him.
"We're very encouraged by President Obama raising the illegal imprisonment of American Saeed Abedini with Iranian President Rouhani," Jordan Sekulow, executive director of the American Center for Law and Justice, which represents Saeed's wife Naghmeh and their two children, said when told about the latest development by FoxNews.com.
"President Obama's call to President Rouhani to release Saeed so he can be reunited with his family is a significant step forward in this critical case. We're grateful to President Obama for raising Saeed's imprisonment and call on President Rouhani to put his promise of being 'moderate' into action by releasing Saeed without further delay."
Sekulow added, "Saeed, a U.S. citizen, has done nothing wrong and is imprisoned simply because of his Christian faith. If President Rouhani wants to start a new relationship with the United States, releasing this American pastor, husband, and father now would send an important message to the world."
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
End Times: Kerry courts Ezekiel 38
The White House, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and current Secretary of State John Kerry have historically elevated and accelerated the end time antichrist beast government. Irrespective of what form it takes, this administration has aided and abetted the Muslim Brotherhood and most all of those ancillary groups using terror and politics to re-form the Islamic Caliphate. In addition, this administration will be the turning point in Iran's nuclear program by embracing the Iranian rhetoric that all nuclear weapons should be banned, while developing such weapons at a furious pace. This has tremendous end times implications as we are beginning to see how and who could unite Sunni and Shiite rivals.
Abandoning long term US doctrine of not negotiating with terrorists, Kerry met directly with Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif privately at the United Nations. Impressed with the conciliatory tone, Kerry said after the meeting: "We had a constructive meeting, and I think all of us were pleased that Foreign Minister Zarif came and made a presentation to us, which was very different in tone and very different in the vision that he held out with respect to possibilities of the future." He also joked later that that one on one meetings like that with Zarif are "speed-dating diplomacy." . . .
To be so megalomanic to think that just because you are part of this administration and that you are John Kerry that Iran will change its nuclear policies after playing a cat and mouse game for over a decade is . . . naive. Could it be that Kerry is orchestrating the very first elements of the Muslim Brotherhood plan to unite Sunni and Shiite under one world-ruling Caliphate? The actions of this administration, Clinton's deep connections with the Muslim Brotherhood, and Kerry's concept of his own self importance would lead a careful observer to believe that the president's Islamic "New Beginning" speech in Cairo on June 4, 2009 is being fully implemented. In short, American tax payers are not only about to give Islam a free ride in healthcare in this country, but also pay for military domination worldwide.
Israel appears to be the lone wolf howling in the distant night. Head of the Israeli UN delegation Yuval Steinitz denounced the call by Iranian president Hassan Rouhani for the abolition of all nuclear weapons and for Israel to acknowledge that it has nuclear weapons. Steinitz said, "The man is an expert with tricks. Instead of saying that Iran will finally comply with the Security Council resolutions, it tries to shift attention to Israel." Indeed, all attention will be on Israel when the Ezekiel 38 end times battle occurs, and Iran will be in the midst of it. Out of Turkey the end time coalition of Islamic nations will be led, "Persia (Iran), Ethiopia (Sudan), and Libya with them."
Zechariah 12:3 says, "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it." While we may not be able to stop the march of prophecy, we can determine our place in it. This administration, through the so very intelligent and artful John Kerry, is to date making that determination for us in great strides.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Issues of Religious Freedom
Issues of Religious Freedom
1. Desperate measures in Town of Greece
"Sometimes there comes a 'Hail Mary moment' in a lawsuit, where one side, facing imminent disaster, stakes everything on one desperate, final gambit. The respondents' brief in Town of Greece marks just such a dramatic, last-minute change in tactics. This change speaks volumes about the current state of Establishment Clause jurisprudence, while also significantly raising the stakes. . . . Why would the respondents abandon the theory they raised in their complaint, and on which they prevailed below, and instead urge a new theory that has never succeeded in any lower court? The answer is simple: They know that they lack five votes to affirm the lower court's version of the endorsement test - indeed, more than five sitting Justices have criticized that test. They also know that the legislative prayers in this case, which were delivered by volunteer Christians, Jews, Bahá'ís, and Wiccans, are far more inclusive than the prayers upheld in Marsh v. Chambers, which were delivered exclusively by a paid Presbyterian minister. Thus, they have decided that the only way to avoid a bad ruling on Marsh and the endorsement test is to aim for a dramatic expansion of the coercion test." (Source: SCOTUS Blog) Read more.
2. Christian universities in Okla. challenge abortion pill mandate
" Alliance Defending Freedom attorneys filed a federal lawsuit against the Obama administration Friday on behalf of four Christian universities in Oklahoma. . . . "Christian colleges should remain free to operate according to the beliefs that define them," said Senior Counsel Gregory S. Baylor. "This mandate leaves religious employers with no real choice: you must either comply and abandon your religious freedom and conscience, or resist and be taxed for your faith. If religious convictions mean nothing in this context, there is no stopping what the government can ultimately do." The four universities--Southern Nazarene University, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, Oklahoma Baptist University, and Mid-America Christian University--specifically object to providing coverage for abortifacients." (Source: Alliance Defense Fund) Read more.
3. Catholic Religious Order Files Class Action Challenging Contraceptive Coverage Mandate
"Another non-profit has filed suit challenging the Administration's compromise accommodation for their religious objections to the Affordable Care Act contraceptive coverage mandate. The Final Rules provide for insurance companies or third party administrators to furnish health plan enrollees with coverage for contraceptive services. Yesterday, the Little Sisters of the Poor filed a class action on behalf of the 200 Catholic non-profits that participate in the Christian Brothers Employee Benefit Trust. The Trust is a self-insured "church plan."" (Source: Religion Clause) Read more.
4. Atheists want cross removed from 131-year-old city seal in Florida
"The atheist group Americans United complains that the seal used by DeLand, Florida, happens to contain a cross. Liberty Counsel founder Mat Staver tells OneNewsNow the complaint really illustrates the absurdity of groups like Americans United. "This seal is part of the very founding seal of the city of DeLand. It's 131 years old," says Staver. "No one has ever complained for 131 years until the Americans United for Separation of Church and State filed this letter."" (Source: One News Now) Read more.
FRC Backs ObamaCare Delay
FRC Backs ObamaCare Delay and Conscience Protections in CR
Thursday, Sept. 28, 2013
Family Research Council President Tony Perkins made the following statement as the House takes up a second Continuing Resolution to fund the government after the Senate voted yesterday to fund ObamaCare:
"Conservatives in the House and Senate have stood firm against ObamaCare and are supported by the majority of Americans which oppose it. They understand this law threatens Americans health care through increased premium costs, government rationing, but will also force Americans to subsidize health plans with elective abortion and already directly violates the Americans religious freedoms.
"The House amendment to be added to the CR today is not what Americans wanted, which is defunding ObamaCare. We realize Republicans in the House of Representatives take seriously the dire implications of ObamaCare going into effect which will put families, faith, and freedom at risk. Therefore, we support this compromise amendment to delay Obamacare with its cost increases, rationing and abortion subsidies, and support the addition of religious freedom protections. However, we will continue to work to fully repeal this disastrous law."
Fight to Defund Obamacare
Madison Project Sponsors Petition Drive:
Fight to Defund Obamacare!
> > > To sign this petition, go here.
More from The Madisonian
September 30 - October 4, 2013
Submitted by Jim Ryun, former member of Congress from the State of Kansas
It has become quite evident over the past few years that Republican leadership in the House and Senate are terrified of engaging in brinkmanship in order to get rid of Obamacare. Over the next two weeks, we will see a number of proposals put forth by the establishment Republicans to distract conservatives with shiny objects and avoid a direct confrontation over Obamacare. Conservatives must stay united behind their pledge to oppose any budget CR (continuing resolution) that does not fully defund Obamacare.
Last week, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor floated the first trial balloon with what is now being referred to as the "hocus pocus plan." The plan essentially called for defunding Obamacare in the CR, but upon passage the bill would have split into two components - a general funding bill and a separate defunding Obamacare bill. This would have allowed the Democrat-controlled Senate to pass the clean CR while rejecting the defunding portion, eventually sending the non-defund version straight to Obama's desk without ever returning to the House. This plan was designed to shield Republican members from voting against defund, while concurrently ensuring that defund is never forced through. Thankfully, conservatives in the House killed this plan on the spot.
As we head into the new week, conservatives have coalesced behind Rep. Tom Grave's CR which would completely defund Obamacare until 2015 while funding the rest of the government for another full year (H.J.Res. 62). As of today, the bill has 49 co-sponsors. Conservatives must demand that the House immediately pass the Graves bill and drop it on Sen. Harry Reid's desk. If he wants to shut down the government in order to throw people out of their health insurance, that is his prerogative.
Delay instead of defund: Rep. Paul Ryan and other pseudo-conservative groups outside of Congress are pushing an alternative plan to delay Obamacare for a year, and use the savings to get rid of the sequester. This plan is designed to break the conservative unity on the defund effort. The fact is that leadership has already telegraphed the message to Democrats that they will blink first in a game of brinkmanship - whether it's over defunding or delaying Obamacare. Why would we start negotiating down our proposal from defund to delay if leadership won't stand by the delay effort either?
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Did a Mother's Prayer Prevent a Massacre at McDonald's? Police: "I've never seen anything like it"
"We were praying . . . Last night I told God to keep Jestin, and that's what I do believe happened."
(Fort Worth, TX)-This story should encourage moms everywhere who pray for their children, and who sometimes wonder if their intercession-which can sometimes seem so weak in the face of challenges their kids face-is heard and acted upon by the Lord. (Photo: Ft. Worth Police via YouTube)
On Tuesday night, 24-year-old Jestin Joseph-suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness-seemingly could not take the voices he heard in his head anymore.
Carrying a pistol, he walked into a Fort Worth McDonald's and after a few moments, pulled out his weapon, pointing it at employees and customers-including children-and repeatedly pulled the trigger.
The gun did not fire.
So Jestin then went outside, according to The Blaze report, and fired a shot into the air.
The troubled young man returned to the restaurant and again took aim at individuals inside while pulling the trigger.
And again the gun would not fire.
According to police, Jestin walked back outside and shot two rounds in the direction of a passing car, which he seemed to miss since it kept going. Police reportedly arrested Jestin soon after that, and had "no explanation" for why the gun did not fire inside the McDonald's.
However, there may be a very good explanation.
Prior to Jestin's attempted fast food massacre, he called his mother, crying, "They're trying to kill me, Mama! I'm going to die tonight! I'm going to die tonight!"
That's when his mother went to police to warn them and try to track him down before he could hurt himself or others.
And she went to the Lord.
"Last night I told God to keep Jestin, and that's what I do believe happened," his mother later told the Star Telegram. "I did not know he even had a gun."
Robbery Sgt. Joe Loughman said, "I've never seen anything like that before." (The Blaze) Read more.
(Also reported by: Breaking Christian News)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today
I NEED YOU MORE
Kim Walker, Jesus Culture
More than the air I breathe
More than the song I sing
More than the next heartbeat
More than anything
And Lord as time goes by
I'll be by Your side
Cause I never want to go back to my old life
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!