CHPP Daily Brief - Wednesday, August 31, 2011
• The Daily Brief
• The Middle East in Focus
• Recommended Reading
• Trouble In Jordan
• 40 Days of Prayer for Israel
• The Good News Corner
• Worship with Us Today!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
-- Now you can find listed every military installation in all fifty states and around the world by visiting our blog. Look for the section that is dedicated to prayer for the military on the right side; then choose which branch you want to find: ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE, MARINES, COAST GUARD.
ALSO ON OUR BLOG
Please begin praying NOW for the presidential and congressional elections next year. Look for the 2012 ELECTION CYCLE PRAYER GUIDE, also featured on the right side of our blog. Thank you!
All of these resource materials, and more, can be found by going here: or by going to: http://chpponline.blogspot.com
[Note: Our matching grant campaign ended today, and it is with GREAT JOY that I can share that this campaign has been tremendously successful!! YOU FOLKS ARE THE GREATEST!!
The Daily Brief
1. China announces plans to boost secret detention powers - Reuters
China wants to cement in law police powers to hold dissidents and other suspects of state security crimes in secret locations without telling their families, under draft legislation released on Tuesday that has been decried by rights advocates.
- God, strike down by the power of our God this heinous plan to boost secret detention powers. This is a shockingly evil and abominable announcement born out of hearts who are given over to the archenemy. We travail in prayer for the souls of the Chinese whose lives are controlled by this government's mindset. Draw out as many as possible to find Jesus Christ as Savior of their souls. In Jesus' Name.
- "But they know not the thoughts of the Lord, neither understand they His counsel: for He shall gather them as the sheaves into the floor." ( Micah 4:12)
2. Iran deploys submarine, warship to the Red Sea - Jerusalem Post
Iran is planning to send its 15th fleet, comprised of a submarine and a warship, to the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea, semi-official news agency Press TV quoted Iranian naval commander Admiral Habibollah Sayyari as saying on Tuesday.
- God, disarm this 15th fleet as a ruthless effort to destroy Israel. Bring their efforts to naught. They are striving against the God of Israel, and have never considered this as a self-destructive effort. Protect the Iranians who believe in the Lord God of Israel. In Jesus' Name.
- "The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that rules over men must be just ruling in the fear of God." (II Samuel 23:3)
3. Rebels Gives Qaddafi Forces Weekend Deadline - Bloomberg
Libyan rebel leaders expressed growing confidence that Muammar Qaddafi's days on the run are numbered.
- God, should there be any possibility that Qaddafi would turn to God and repentance be found in his heart, then we ask that he will be saved. He has lived his life without God, but we pray he will not live throughout eternity without God. In Jesus' Name.
- "If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9)
4. Katia Expected to Become Hurricane - Bloomberg
Tropical Storm Katia may grow into a hurricane in the next two days as it moves west-northwest through the mid-Atlantic Ocean, according to the National Hurricane Center in Miami.
- Father God, protect all the people that would be in the path of this oncoming storm. This day is a day of trouble and we lift up our prayer for the remnant who are lost and need the Lord to save them. Forgive all blasphemy spoken against God and save their souls. In Jesus' Name.
- "And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covering from storm and from rain." (Isaiah 4:6)
5. Judge blocks parts of Texas abortion law on sonograms - Reuters
A federal judge temporarily blocked key provisions of a Texas abortion law on Tuesday that would require women seeking the procedure to view a sonogram and listen to the heartbeat of their fetus.
- God, deal with this judge's heart who blocked this life-changing provision of a Texas abortion law. Reach out to the unborn, my Father, and save their lives through the delivering power of the Lord. In Jesus' Name.
- "Now is the end come upon you, and God will send His anger upon you, and will judge you according to your ways, and will recompense upon you all your abominations." (Ezekiel 7:3)
6. New Web Campaign Targets Christian Groups - CBN News
Online political activists recently launched a campaign that pressures businesses to discriminate against customers and charities based on their faith.
- God, go before these political activists who are driven by an anti-Christ spirit and shut them down by sending an angel from heaven to block their path. Jesus is Lord of lords and King of kings and no power on earth can stop His work on the earth. We ask that the spiritual blindness of these activists will be dealt with, and they not be carried down a path of utter self-destruction by this evil spirit. In Jesus' Name.
- "And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of anti-Christ, whereof you have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." (I John 4:3)
7. One in five US Moslems knows of extremist support in community - UK Telegraph
One in five American Moslems knows of support for extremism in their community, new research has found, despite Moslems being far happier about the state of the US.
- God, we ask that You weaken these extremists' warlike spirit that are an enemy living in our land of America. Bind this spirit by the blood of Jesus wherever it is found, and disarm all their efforts. May their activities be closed off and confusion be in their ranks. Show mercy to those whose heart is tender toward the Lord, and save their souls. In Jesus' Name.
- "Therefore, behold I will hedge up their way with thorns, and make a wall and put up a hindrance, that they shall not find their paths." (Hosea 2:6)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Now also many nations have gathered against you, who say, 'Let her be defiled, and let our eye look upon Zion.' But they do not know the thoughts of the LORD." (Micah 4:11-12a)
1. Israel's 'Iron Dome' missile defense system hits 85% of targets - Washington Times
Israel's cutting-edge missile defense called Iron Dome scored an 85 percent success rate in knocking out rockets launched against Israel's southern cities in recent clashes with Gaza.
2. Netanyahu examining possible future borders of a Palestinian state - Ha'aretz
Colonel (res.) Danny Terza, who outlined the map for an Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank for former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, has spent the past few months advising Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the possible future borders of a Palestinian state.
3. IDF training Israeli settlers ahead of 'mass disorder' expected in September - Ha'aretz
The IDF has conducted detailed work to determine a "red line" for each settlement in the West Bank, which will determine when soldiers will be ordered to shoot at the feet of Palestinian protesters if the line is crossed. It is also planning to provide settlers with tear gas and stun grenades as part of the defense operation.
4. Report: Israel sends 2 warships to Egyptian border - Ynet News
The Israeli Navy (INF) has decided to boost its presence and patrols near Israel's maritime border with Egypt due to a viable terror threat in the area.
5. Report: Egyptian forces raid Jihad cells in Sinai - Ynet News
Large Egyptian army forces are fighting Jihad operatives in the Sinai Peninsula Tuesday as Israel maintains its high alertness level on the southern border following an alert on a cell said to be comprised of more than 10 terrorists.
Something Queer Has Happened to America
Dr. Brown's new book, Something Queer Has Happened to America, detailing the Homosexual agenda and a logical response to it has just been released. Here are a few excerpts:
1. The legitimizing of homosexuality as normal alternative to heterosexuality requires that all opposition to homosexual behavior be delegitimized.
2. Whereas homosexuality was once considered a pathological disorder, from here on those who do not affirm homosexuality will be deemed homophobic.
3. Whereas gay sexual behavior was once considered morally wrong, from here on public criticism of that behavior will be considered morally wrong.
4. First gay activists came out of the closet; second they demanded their "rights"; third they demanded that everyone recognize those "rights"; fourth, they want to strip away the rights of those who oppose them; fifth, they want to put those who oppose their "rights" into the closet.
5. From here on, embracing diversity refers to embracing all kinds of homosexual expression, but rejects every kind of religious or moral conviction that does not embrace those orientations.
6. From here on, hate refers to any attitude that differs with the gay agenda, while gays are virtually exempt from the charge of hate speech, since they are always the perceived victims and never the victimizers.
Dr. Brown's book is comprehensive and well-documented. For more information, click www.aqueerthing.com
Trouble In Jordan
Jordanian Opposition Demands Limits on King's Powers
Jordan's opposition Muslim Brotherhood movement on Sunday called for a curtailment of the king's powers and indicated it might boycott the next general elections if its demands were not met.
"The Islamic movement will decide its political participation in the light of the response to these necessary demands that cannot be postponed," said Hamzeh Mansour, secretary general of the Islamic Action Front, the political wing of the Muslim Brotherhood.
One of these demands, Mansour said, called for a revision of the constitution to ensure that prime ministers be appointed from parties or parliamentary coalitions that have majorities in the lower house. The king has so far appointed premiers and ministers a t his discretion.
King Abdullah II set up a royal committee for the revision of the constitution in May at the height of demonstrations that swept Jordan, inspired by the uprisings in Tunisia. (DPA/Trend - Azerbaijan)
- The Arab Spring has gone through the Arab Summer and now is heading into the Arab Fall. Scripture decrees that "there is nothing new under the sun," and so it is with the agenda of the Muslim Brotherhood.
Jordan's situation is tricky, at best. The original home of the Palestinians before they moved into Israel, King Abdullah II has traditionally been a friend of Israel. As the Muslim Brotherhood works again to take down one more Arab government and impose its own leadership in Jordan, lift up King Abdullah II in prayer, asking that the One True God would grant him and his advisors wisdom and peace. Amen.
- I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. (I Timothy 2:1,2)
40 Days of Prayer for Israel
August 30 - October 10
Prayer Points (Part Two)
The sponsor of this call to fasting and prayer for Israel, The Elijah Prayer Army, has posted 15 specific prayer targets during this fast, with Scriptures included.
We will post several of these prayer points each day until we have reached the end of this list.
You may also wish to view the entire list of prayer targets by going here.
Pray that God will foil the plans of the nations!
"Let all the earth fear the LORD; let all the people of the world revere him. For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm. The LORD foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations." (Ps 33:8-11)
Praise God for his power to save his people and give them victory!
"Praise the LORD. Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of his faithful people. Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King. Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with timbrel and harp. For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds. May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands, to inflict vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples, to bind their kings with fetters, their nobles with shackles of iron, to carry out the sentence written against them - this is the glory of all his faithful people. Praise the LORD." (Ps 149)
Pray for the blessing and protection of the Israeli settlements in Judea and Samaria and for the ministry of HaYovel mobilizing help to these farmers!
"They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations. Strangers will shepherd your flocks; foreigners will work your fields and vineyards." (Isa 61:4-5)
The Good News Corner:
Catholic school won't host Ramadan dinner
WESTWOOD, OHIO - Mother of Mercy, a Catholic girls high school, complied with a request from Archbishop Dennis Schnurr and backed out of hosting an interfaith Ramadan dinner at the school Friday night. Instead, the dinner will be held in the Catholic Center at St. Monica-St. George Parish in University Heights, which is not a school.
Schnurr on Monday asked Mother of Mercy to cancel its plans to host an Iftar, an evening meal, with a local chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. During Ramadan, observant Muslims fast during the daylight hours and break their fast with a large meal at night. . . Mother of Mercy had planned to co-host an Iftar with CAIR's local chapter since spring, when groups of Mercy students and students linked with CAIR performed community service together.
But recent emails and other contacts with school and Archdiocese officials changed their plans.Mother of Mercy President Kirsten MacDougal said Schnurr has received complaints from people - she didn't know how many. Most of the complaints were emails from people who do not live in this region but who follow the news and activities of CAIR's national office, she said. The emails "were not hostile, they were not threatening, but they were emotionally charged," she said. Schnurr could not be reached for comment. Archdiocesan spokesman Dan Andriacco said that Schnurr received complaints - not threats - about CAIR's involvement. . .
CAIR, based in Washington D.C., is the largest Moslem civil liberties and advocacy organization in the United States. Its stated mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam and build coalitions that promote mutual understanding. Local chapters of CAIR operate independently, like franchises, raising funds and supporting causes based on local priorities. The national CAIR group has been scrutinized for years as one of many Islamic groups on the radar of federal agencies investigating terrorism. Critics of CAIR say it supports an extremist agenda. They point out that at least five people with ties to the national group or its leadership have been convicted or deported because of links to terrorist groups.
The Washington, D.C.-based CAIR was among 275,000 nonprofits nationwide that the Internal Revenue Service stripped of tax-exempt status in June. None of the groups filed required tax returns, known as Form 990s, for three years, and any donations to them can be taxed, the IRS reported. CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper said his group filed accurate, on-time returns but lost its tax-exempt status over an incorrect filing from several years ago. But employees couldn't produce CAIR's latest Form 990 and critics suggest the charity avoided filing to hide financial dealings from the public.
(Cincinnati.com) Read more.
- Offer praise for the leadership of this Catholic Archdiocese in making this decision. Whatever their motives, this is the hour to separate light from darkness . . . even as the darkness is cloaked with smooth-sounding words . . . Praise God.
- "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32)
Worship with Us Today!
Calm My Storm
(Original Christian Song)
This is precious original song by the young man who is singing it. He wrote it based on Psalm 77 when his family found out that his dad was sick. There seems to be no self-promotion here, only sharing a truth from God's Word:
"God, when I think of the works of Your hands,
I know You can do it once again
'cause You have walked on water
Your hand has calmed the seas
the deaf have heard Your voice
Please, God, heal the storm in me."