Election Day Prayer Vigil - October 31, 2010
• ASKING FORGIVENESS
• PRAYING FOR DEFILED LAND
• STEPS FOR RECONCILING DEFILED LAND
• PRAYER POINTS: PART ONE
• PRAYER POINTS: PART TWO
• SEALING YOUR PRAYERS
• Lord, Hear Our Prayers
• THANK YOU!
• A Note from CHPP
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
Praying Through 2 Chronicles 7:14
CONCLUSION: LORD, HEAL OUR LAND
[This series for an Election Day Prayer Vigil Was developed by Mary Fox Murphy, Founder and President, Christian Women's Outreach, in Stillwater, OK.
In lieu of offerings, Mary is simply asking that we share this prayer strategy with others in our own network of friends. Thank you, Mary!]
Praying Through 2 Chronicles 7:14:
Heal our Land
2 Chr 7:14 "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
PRAYER FOCUS FOR THE WEEK:
"THEN, I will HEAR from heaven, and will FORGIVE Their sin and HEAL THEIR LAND. "
Father, We humbly come before You in the name of Your Son, Jesus, and our Lord. We offer praise and thanksgiving for Your mighty works and Your constant companionship extended to us. We believe in our hearts that we have sincerely tried to do what You have asked of us according to 2 Chron. 7:14. Our great desire is to please You and be in Unity with other believers in this ensuing battle for our land. We come with great humility now to petition You with our requests, to make some declarations before Your Throne, and to offer prayers for the nation.
We believe that:
• We are Your people, called by Your name, and called according to Your purpose for such a time as this.
• We have tried to learn and practice humility to the best of our ability out of our great love and honor for You.
• We have prayed because we know that You are THE ANSWER to all things and THE GREAT HOPE of our lives on earth and in the Kingdom to come.
• We have asked the Holy Spirit to help us turn from our wicked and compromising ways because we choose to walk in obedience to You and Your Holy Word.
• We have truly fallen in love with you more and more each day as we have walked this path of humility these past five weeks.
So, Father, we stand before You this day and in the days to come and ask You TO HEAR OUR PRAYERS THAT WE OFFER TO YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR WORD. We ask you, Lord, to FORGIVE OUR EGREGIOUS SINS and to HEAL OUR LAND.
Written with love and affection from,
The Bride of Christ, who eagerly awaits her Bridegroom.
ASKING FORGIVENESS FOR THE SINS OF THE NATION
It is up to the Lord whether He will heal our land or bring His Hand of judgment upon this nation.
In the meantime, while we are still fully engaged on the earth, it is our responsibility to turn our thoughts to asking forgiveness for the SINS OF THIS NATION. They are many and sordid. They are an abomination to our Lord, almost too despicable to even speak; nevertheless, it is our responsibility to seek the Lord's forgiveness for this nation and our defiled land.
WE ARE, AFTER ALL, THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL.
PRAYING FOR DEFILED LAND
And I sought for a man among them that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none. (Ezekiel 22:30)
It is extremely important that this scripture not happen on our watch. I pray that as He looks across this nation, He finds millions of us in the midst of a powerful concert or prayer orchestrated by the Holy Spirit as we prayer for the land.
(Isaiah 6:8) Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
God judges each person, family, church, city, and nation based upon their beliefs, their leadership, and practices. All are subject to the spiritual principle of sowing and reaping. Today, America suffers from the onslaught of unbridled sin. We need, however, a clear understanding of praying for the land. God said He would heal our land, not the nation. There is a difference, but they are intricately connected.
God has created billions of people but only ONE earth and He is very covetous concerning His Land.
The billions of people can be easily replaced, but the land-Oh!---there is only one inhabitable land mass like this in the Universe. This earth cannot be replaced. We, too, must be as concerned as God is about His Land. As a believer, we are each responsible for "our land." That may be the land upon which we live, the city, county, state, or nation in which we reside. If we forsake "our land" or have a lack of commitment to it, we have failed the Lord and ourselves. There must be no guilt found in us for a lack of commitment to "our land."
Land is defiled by:
1) the shedding of innocent blood,
[Please note: Mary has also written a teaching on Praying for Defiled Land. This goes into how land is defiled, God's concern about His Land, and how we pray reconciliation for defiled land. You can obtain a copy of this teaching by contacting Mary Murphy at the email address given at the end of today's mesaage.]
STEPS FOR RECONCILING DEFILED LAND
The perpetrators of sin in this nation blatantly mock God and laugh in our faces each day. Mockers are an offense to God and those spirits that control them need to be pulled down. These steps will help you pray your way though this week.
1. Recognize the sins of the nation, identify them, if possible the root causes, as well.
2. Confess and renounce the sin.
3. Forgive the sin that was committed. This remits and releases the transgression to God.
4. Ask the Lord to forgive the sin that was committed.
5. Ask the LORD to break the strongholds of the offending spirits.
6. Apply the cleansing Blood to the land in prayer.
7. Pray for the redemptive purpose of the land to come forth.
8. Pray that the fruit remain.
9. Turn around (repent) and walk in obedience to God's Word.
We pray, Lord, that as we seek Your Face, that you will give us the clear understanding about the tragedy and seriousness of the defiling of Your land.
The Sins of Our Nation Have 'Defiled The Land'
Jeremiah 23:4 How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of every field wither, For the wickedness of them that dwell therein?
PRAYER POINTS: PART ONE
FORGIVE US, LORD!
1. Father, we ask forgiveness for those who turn to other gods and hidden wisdom, for seeking help from anything in the occult, Satanism, for New Age practices and anything that would be an offense to You. Forgive them, Lord, they do not know what they do.
Ex 20: 3-10 3 "You shall have no other gods before Me. 4 "You shall not make for yourself a carved image-any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
Jer. 16:8 I will repay them double for their wickedness and their sin, because they have defiled my land with the lifeless forms of their vile images and have filled my inheritance with their detestable idols."
2. This week we stand against all of the sins of wickedness, immorality, and those who have shed innocent blood and defiled the land. We ask forgiveness for those who have so flagrantly sinned against You because of design or ignorance.
Ezk 36:17 "Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own ways and deeds.
3. Lord, forgive our political leaders for their ideas and legislation which goes against Your Word. Forgive them, Lord, for legislating evil laws for our nation. We pray for their salvation.
I Tim. 2:1-3 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior.
Mat. 6:13 And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
4. Father, forgive us for allowing prayer to be taken out of our schools. We took You away from the children of this land in a venue of learning. Forgive us, Lord, that the school may have been their only opportunity for them to learn of you.
2 Chron 29:6 For our fathers have trespassed and done evil in the eyes of the LORD our God; they have forsaken Him, have turned their faces away from the dwelling place of the LORD, and turned their backs on Him.
5. We stand against the overwhelming tide of immorality, homosexuality, adultery, promiscuous living, pornography and all of the sexual sins that stand against the Word and Will of God, all those who have defiled the land by immorality. Help these people, Lord, and forgive their sin.
2 Cor. 12: 21 21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.
6. Father, we ask forgiveness for those who practice anti-Christian bigotry, all racism who mock and demean You in the public or private forum. Forgive them, Lord, for their ignorance.
Gal 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
PRAYER POINTS: PART TWO
FORGIVE US, LORD!
7. Help us, Lord, to stand in the gap over the land and ask forgiveness for those who are held captive by unbridled appetites for drugs, alcohol, and all addictions that are deadly to our people. Father, forgive them for Your sake.
Mark 4:19, And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
8. Father, forgive us for Roe v. Wade and the terrible sin of abortion. We ask forgiveness for the shed blood of over 50 million little ones. Forgive those who have aborted their babies.
Ezk. 36:18 Therefore I poured out My fury on them for the blood they had shed on the land, and for their idols with which they had defiled it.
Psa. 106:37-39 They even sacrificed their sons And their daughters to demons, 38 And shed innocent blood, The blood of their sons and daughters, Whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan; And the land was polluted with blood. 39 Thus they were defiled by their own works, And played the harlot by their own deeds.
9. Father, we ask forgiveness for all of the broken homes and children's lives that have been distressed, upset and possibly destroyed by adult's problems and divorce. We pray that all of these adults and children who are looking for love and acceptance in all the wrong places- will FIND YOU.
Prov. 8:34-36 Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. 35 For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the LORD. 36 But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death."
10. Father, forgive the people for their evil ways of unrighteousness and all wickedness. Forgive them for flaunting their ways before You without concern for You.
Rom. 1:28-30 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents.
11. Father, we ask forgiveness for the abhorrent loss of our children and loved ones to violence in our homes, schools, and streets. We pray and ask that not one die in vain.
Ex. 20:13 You shall not murder.
John 12:24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.
12. Father, we ask forgiveness for the leaders of this nation who want to divide Your land in Israel. They do not understand Your ways.
"I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will enter into judgment against them concerning my inheritance, my people Israel, for they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land." (Joel 3:2 NIV)
The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants." (Leviticus 25:23 NIV)
13. Father, forgive the people of this nation for turning their back on you and not keeping the Sabbath. Forgive them for using it as another work day, a shopping experience, or a day of personal pleasure.
Isa 58:13, 14 If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, From doing your pleasure on My holy day, And call the Sabbath a delight, The holy day of the LORD honorable, And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, Nor finding your own pleasure, Nor speaking your own words, 14 Then you shall delight yourself in the LORD; And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth, And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father. The mouth of the LORD has spoken."
SEALING YOUR PRAYERS
As you have prayed for each of these things and all of the other issues that the Holy Spirit brings before you-PRAY FOR THE REDEMPTIVE QUALITY FOR EACH. Our prayers are not to condemn but to warn and TO SAVE THOSE OR A NATION THAT SINS AGAINST OUR FATHER. As we pray, we want to declare the redemptive quality for the situation.
• If there is bloodshed-pray that LIFE be restored.
• If there is dishonesty-pray that TRUTH, HONESTY, AND INTEGRETY replace the evil.
• If there is unbelief-pray for FAITH to overcome them.
• If there is division-pray for UNITY.
• If there is immorality-pray for RIGHTEOUSNES
As you end your prayers, ask the Holy Spirit to seal the work that has been done to REMAIN and not be thrown away or stolen.
John 15:4-6 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
Lord, Hear Our Prayers
But He, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, And did not destroy them. Yes, many a time He turned His anger away, And did not stir up all His wrath; (Psalm 38:78)
Thank you for praying with us this week. I know that the committed prayer of the faithful will avail much. Continue to pray for those who are against the things of God.
PRAY FOR THEIR SALVATION.
I Peter 3: 10-12
"He who would love life And see good days,
Let him refrain his tongue from evil,
And his lips from speaking deceit.
11 Let him turn away from evil and do good;
Let him seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their prayers;
But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil."
Mary Fox Murphy
The International Prayer Network
A Note from CHPP
We have now come to the end of our Election Prayer Vigil. We wish to thank Mary Murphy for her tremendous work in undertaking this study of 2 Chronicles 7:14 for all of us. Thank you, Mary!
As we prepare now to enter into a day of Prayer, Fasting and Repentance tomorrow, on the eve of this national election, we commend these prayer guidelines to you as a framework of intercession for the day. Because it is written:
Psalm 62:8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
SELAH . . .